Keystone Montana High Country

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Montana High Country RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Greg parham from Tennessee says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 374FL View Listings

Bought this Montana high country. Upgraded from a small Adirondack fifth wheel. Probably should have kept the old paid off one and dealt with it. We do full time. I travel with work. So it's our home on wheels !!! Since week one I have had problems. First the fridge it didn't keep cold stayed average 55 degrees and would bump on 33 occasionally but rare. Being wife is diabetic. Her insulin got tossed twice before I invested in a cooler bag to keep it safe. Needless to say complaint after complaint and being told it's not made for living in I yanked the junker out and installed a residential fridge. When I pulled it out the floor was molding and rotting investigating further as to why. The drain line was still zip tied to the back pouring water all over the space .... Duh. Well despite my chuckle at the lack of quality control it was thrown in my shed that's $4000. Out the window. Fridge works great now 450 Sears outlet. Then round 2. Shower pouring water on floor despite the doors closed. Investigating. Duh !! Door trac in backwards. Hint we drain the water back into the shower. That why one side is solid with no drains in it ... I fixed another blunder from quality control .... 3 gas leak. Haha. Every so often strong gas smell I searched everywhere checked everything. Wha...laa.... One night wifey poo cooking dinner shuts everything off and hours later she wipes down everything and blisters the crap out of her hand on the stove top. She calls me asking why the top is so hot and discolored. I investigate. Remove the top off and a nice blue fame still burning at the port connection. Again. These aren't built to live in full time. Hence the word recreational vehicle. I'm told. So insisting that I take it to my dealer. Hundreds of miles away. As always. I elect to have a service callous. Three times they replace the part. Still leaks so machinery on hand I export the stupid thing closed and kill the leak. Still on the horse for parts that are safe. So this weekend I pack up from the job and roll from Chattanooga Tn to Charlotte NC. Get all cozy and setup. Hah. Top of the trim over the bed laying on the bed. Just decided it was tired I guess and went to bed. I stuck that back up with the trusty nail gun I own just for the pieces falling off .... Hop on in the shower. Ahhhhh refreshing and then shave. Get all done shaving. Feeling good. Get dressed and walk out to the kitchen. To a swimming pool running from under the sink.... I think hum. What's this open it up and it's flooded. No pipes came undone. So last place I used water. Shower? Shave ? Go in the bath room and low and behold the bottom of the sink. Broken off the bowl. No here's what stumps me. The drains are slip joint. Lol they definitely didn't slip. It snapped the bottom of the sink slap off the bowl. Now I'm drying cabinets and walls to keep from snatching cabinetry out and replacing it ... Needless to say. Here's my thoughts. I love this stupid thing. Paid a ton for it. It's home. But it's a pile of s--t. Warranty. HAH get in line if you think for one second your gonna get anywhere on that. Keystone is a joke , I can't take my camper to a service center I live in it. Their comments are its not designed to live in. .... Well guess what. A lot of people do. I paid for the Montana package. Heavy duty insulation. Haha. My AC can't put a dent in keeping it cool. Improvise. Insulate the windows and black them out. The wiring can't handle the packages so trip breakers. Get used to it. The tv cabling. Lol. After I couldn't get anything I tore into that monster to find wires not connected. And grounding out so I just ran new ones direct. The recliner is 6 months old it's fit for the dumpster that's one on my list to toss. The tv sound system lol I need a hearing aid to hear it. I'm not hard of hearing though. ... I give the home a 4 star for design and comfort floor plan. I give the camper as a whole 3 stars. I like it even despite the gremlins. If your not handy or mechanically inclined. Your unit will be sitting at your dealer or other selected service centers. That's a promise .... That's 7 months ownership. Many many calls to keystone and others. I bought it off the lot nov 2015. It's a 2016 brand spanking new. I gave up on keystone standing behind their product and lost pretty much any hopes of them fixing anything so I probably voided all my warranties by fixing this piece of junk myself. But I build for a living as a general contractor so I know when my hands get in it its done right !!!! Have a wonderful day. And hope this helps anyone deciding to buy a camper. It's a recreational vehicle specifically designed for maybe 4 weekends a month use anymore your abusing the product. As they put it.
- Greg parham, Tennessee

2021-06-07 2013 Keystone Montana High Country 318RE View Listings

This has a great floor plan. The main living area is open, roomy and feels airy with the high ceiling. When the slides are closed, access is easy to the refrigerator, numerous storage area, upstairs, commode, bath and shower area. There is abundant storage areas including a huge "basement" space.
- Ruth Wojck, Arizona

2021-05-07 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 356BH View Listings

Great camper,traveled out West 2 yrs ago, camper did great. Plenty of storage ,outdoor kitchen equipped. Just enjoyed it all around. Reason for selling, we want to purchase a Motor Home. Hitch for hoodup comes with the camper .
- Bonnie, North Carolina

2021-04-30 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 384BR View Listings

Great RV. This is our third camper we have lived in and the quality of the Montana is far superior to the other two. Living rated and very sound. We had basically none of the little hiccups associated with camper living. Great unit all around.
- Kade Griffel, Colorado

2021-03-29 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

This model has been perfect for us! The upgrades we made allowed us to boondock a lot when traveling. The lithium batteries, solar and Victron converter were definitely worth the $$! We became pros at monitoring our battery usage and could easily stay off grid. We also loved the composting toilet! No dealing with black tanks or worrying when it was full. We loved being able to choose...do we want to be cramped into an RV parking lot, or do we want to park more remotely and be surrounded by nature! We stayed in our share of RV campgrounds, some great, some not so great, but we loved the option of not being forced to do so. The opposing slides give ample living space and the rear entertainment option adds so much more storage than rear living which is what we originally wanted. Also, at under 36 feet in length, we're able to get this rig into smaller and more compact parks. Another great feature is being able to access the bathroom, fridge and bed with all slides in. This was great when on the road - especially being able to use our own bathroom. Plus we'd pack lunches, pull over in a park and be able to retrieve our lunch. The only thing we would change, is the bathroom door is close to the stairs but we got used to it. There's only so much space in a rig under 36' long. Overall, if given the option, we'd make the same purchase again. We have been very happy with this rig! Re: factory warranty
- Teri, Florida

2021-02-14 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

We purchased our 2019 Montana High Country at the end of 2019. We previously had a travel trailer but had chosen to upgrade to a larger camper. We liked the layout, set up and roominess of our camper. With the camper, we purchased a Pullrite hitch designed for shorter bed trucks. Just off the lot, it was obvious that the hitch wasn't properly set up and adjusted due to the amount of chunking we experienced on the ride home (a relatively simple fix if the unit had been test driven-Camping World). The longer we owned the camper, the more issues we found with construction and set up. The first obvious discrepancy was the auto level which was out of level by nearly 8 inches. A camper that is not level will have issues with slides going in and out and refrigerator doors closing properly. After resolving the hitch adjustment and auto level issues, our next issue was the auto recliners not being properly fastened to the subfloor. After fastening down the recliners with the proper number of fasteners to the subfloor, our next issue was a leak in the main air-conditioning unit as well as leaks through the air-conditioning unit during heavy rains. This was a large inconvenience for guests who slept on the foldout bed. The foldout bed when extended does not sit in a level manner resulting in guests having to sleep with their feet against the back of the couch. The next issue we had with our camper was with the slide cable system. We have 3 slides all of which had cables that were improperly adjusted. The largest slide had cables so tight that the motor was working against the cables in both directions. The kitchen slide cables were loose and canted resulting in improper operation as well. We are still contending with a refrigerator door system that does not close securely each and every time resulting in rising temperatures. We have dealt with accessories which are poorly assembled and put together. We have reassembled each and every window blind in the camper as well as re-sewed comforters due to improper stitching and assembly. Each time we arrive at our destination, there is sawdust on the sinks and floors due to improper cleanup of the HVAC ducting at the factory. Understanding that things loosen during travel time, we have had leaks under the kitchen sink due to improperly tightened sink drain plumbing joints. The table chairs had joints which were only pressed together with no glue applied to the joints requiring additional work to reassemble the chairs. The Montana High Country is not for the faint of heart. Be prepared to either do a lot of maintenance and repairs as an owner or not have your fifth wheel when you want it because it is still in the shop for miscellaneous repairs.
- Dan Kreiley, North Carolina

2021-01-23 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

I Loved this RV.I only have one thing to say I was not happy on. I think they need more storage in Bunk house!Also I think that it's misleading about the size of the one bunk over the recliners in the bunkhouse. It really only fits a small adult or small child comfortably. My son who is now 15 and 6FT can not fit up there to sleep. But the other one above the TV is of good size!
- dawnie316, Georgia

2021-01-01 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 373RD View Listings

I have a 2019 Montana High Country HM373RD. Purchased August 28 2019. This is my 3rd Fifth Wheel and my second Montana. My 2009 Montana was a pretty well built and I had few issues with it. I cannot believe the difference between 2009 and 2019. If I go a week or two with nothing falling apart I feel pretty fortunate. Unfortunately this is a rare occurrence. If I were keystone I would be ashamed to put out an inferior product like this and as I understand it a lot of their builders are Amish. So much for Amish craftsmanship. The first year of ownership this fifth wheel was in the shop or broke down waiting to go in the shop for more than 6 months. Listed below is all the things that had to be repaired. Items marked * I considered major and items marked ** were turned in but never repaired. Some items I just fixed myself. *The black tank would not dump. The sanitary drains were going up instead of down. The dealer had to shorten and replace the drain piping. *The refrigerator door does not work. You have to push it really hard every time you close it or it will give a warning beep that the door is not closed and the thermometer will give a false reading that the inside temp is warm. *The water line was not attached causing the basement to flood and the floor in the basement is bubbling from the water damage. **Personal items in the basement were damaged or destroyed due to flooding. -The trim and paneling next to the steps to the living room has came loose and appears to not be attached properly -The latch to the bedroom door was not aligned properly so the door will not stay closed. -The entrance door appears to be out of alignment as the handle is hard to pull and the screen door rubs on the threshold. This is much worse when the stabilizers are up. -There is a line of staples sticking up from one end to the other in the carpet in the dining area. I located more than 50 of them. **There are staples sticking out of the paneling behind the mattress at the head of the bed. Reported twice but never fixed. -The board holding the hydraulic cylinders to the bed storage fell off the second time I raised the bed storage. Fixed myself -The plastic trim piece at the skylight shade appears to have been damaged when they put the screws in. Too many holes. *A crack has appeared in the siding on the door side at the curve that forms the fifth wheel. Required body work. **The awning appears not to be aligned properly. When retracted it chatters and seems to be putting a strain on the motor. When retracted it is badly wrinkled as if it is wrapped crooked. I have had to use a ladder and realign this twice now. -The tile backsplash is pitted -Rear Basement-wire supports have failed and need to be replaced -Paneling next to living room stairs-Paneling keeps coming loose even after being repaired -Dining room slide and table-the slide is out of level-the table is more out of level-the refrigerator is even more out of level -Front basement-A wire is trapped between the carpeted divider and an aluminum stud. Eventually movement is going to wear the insulation from the wire. Could cause a fire. -Light on the front of the trailer next to battery door does not work. *Fiberglass laminate on the outside of the dining room slide has two large bubbles in it. Appears to be de-laminating. -Bedroom-The paneling on the right side of the bed is coming off. **Oven thermostat-The thermostat is not constant-Set on 375 one time and its 375 next time its 325 and at 350 it will not even heat. Is sometimes more than 50 degrees off setting. **Awning-after rolling the awning in and out several times it is so out of align it twists the support arms almost 180 degrees when rolled up. **Leveling system-If the RV is more than 1-1 1/2in. out of level the leveling system does not have enough power to push the trailer up to level. -Exterior trim, door side at the curve of the fifth wheel has come out of the track. *Two more bubbles have appeared in the side wall. Keystone has said this is cosmetic and will pay for it. Sent me a check for $1500 to just accept it. -Entry lock had to be replaced -Trim was falling off behind the couch -The screws holding the theater seating were barely attached and came came out causing the seating to detach and tip over during transport. Fixed myself The Trim above the dining slide came loose and was sticking out. Repaired myself. *And now the bed room slide has a really terrible leak. Fixed myself *Denotes items I consider to be major flaws *December 31 2020. Due to the strain on the awning motor listed above the motor has now failed and I cannot Retract the awning. Trying to contact Keystone as this was turned in for warranty and never fixed. Keystone sent me a check for $500 for all my down time.
- Stephen Gillenwater, Ohio

2020-12-02 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 378RD View Listings

We loved the floorplan of the 378RD and though we were getting Keystone's Premium Camper. This Montana High Country 378RD is our third fifth wheel camper and it has been a nightmare from the start. May 2018 first trip out water heater not working, busted shower hose, molding in bathroom coming loose, backsplash behind stove coming loose, wall panel behind theater seats loose, used 30 lbs. LP in one weekend. Had LP leak repaired. Every time we used it something else went wrong. self leveling system quit on third trip. top frame of three slides the wood trim came off. May of 2020 pull out of shed to clean and use. found something pushing up through the rubber roof on curb side of roof in 6 places about a 20 foot long area. All four slide roofs bubbling up in the center. top LED accent light gone, came out of the glue and blew away. Contacted Keystone and had to fight with them about the roof issues. the agreed to patch the side roofs and put drip pans under the slide motors to stop the grease from dripping on the roofs. sloppy way to repair, Keystone denied any help on main roof. their warranty expert advised customer damage to roof and even the dealer that filed the claim advised them the metal protection plate was not installed on top of the wall to keep the nails from coming up through the rubber roof. they still denied. I have never seen a manufacturer screw a customer the way Keystone did. Will never by another Keystone RV. This is Keystone's Premium RV, what a joke.
- Kenny Smith, Mississippi

2020-11-18 2012 Keystone Montana High Country 313RE View Listings

We love our 2012 Montana High Country. It’s lightweight, aluminum construction is excellent. This Montana is a four season RV. With the extra options, washer dryer combo, window awnings and large living room, this 5th wheel is very comfortable. This is a high end 5th wheel with real walnut wood and wonderful details. Highly Recommend it.
- Jodi C, Massachusetts

2020-10-12 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

We liked the floor plan. The biggest issue we had was the bedroom closet at the rear of the camper. One the first trip out any items placed on shelf fell off and the shelf dropped down due to lack of support. The clothes bar completely bent making it completely useless. I called keystone to report this design flaw and they took my information but never heard anything back from them. We reinforced all of the shelves and placed a center support for the top shelf. So far no issues with that any more. The front air conditioner did not cool down front part of camper and had to be taken to dealership for repair. The fireplace heater had to be replaced after just a year. There were no manuals provided for camper or lift system. I did have an issue with an error code on the lift system during a camping trip. Thank goodness I had tech person from dealer on speed dial. They were very knowledgeable and helpful.
- Johnnie O. Yother Jr., Georgia

2020-10-05 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL View Listings

Great RV for anyone thinking on long term stays. Plenty of room and set up for long term stays. King size bed and full size closet with washer dryer hookups. The bathroom has a double vanity and large shower. The kitchen is spacious with an island and residential refrigerator. table with 4 chairs. Heats and cools well and keeps you comfortable. Large basement storage and prewired for solar and generator. I pull with a F250 diesel and it is easy to pull and handle. Would not sell, except for health reasons.
- David Winkler, Nebraska

2020-09-29 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

Nice looking trailer, went full time for nearly three years, maybe thats the problem. Under warranty the gears and motor on dinette slide, fan motor, toilet parts, and water leaks, also card for the furnace ( I paid that or wait 2 weeks on the road for warranty to send one). Year two water heater repairs, axle alinement, toilet parts, furniture repairs. Year 3 sink hardware, door hardware, fan card and microwave. Year 4 is starting broken welds in the wall around the dinette slide and the ceiling fan quit. We had a 2010 Cougar and decided to upgrade when I retired, I did not know that Keystone and it's vender decided that quality was not important anymore.
- Terry Hawkinson, Washington

2020-09-09 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

As with all new RV's, there will be problems and issues and our Montana 305 RL was no exception. Many annoyance quality problems (from day one) that I was able to fix and a few major issues that the dealer had to fix. Overall, we love the floor plan and livability, but not happy campers with Keystone quality! A Montana is supposed to be one of the upper lines of Keystone, yet you'd never know it based on the issues. To be fair to Keystone and especially my awesome dealer, they've been great so far in fixing all the issues, but it is the shear number of issues and inconvenience that is deeply concerning. Now that we've worked through most of the common factory quality issues (most were well-known by Keystone, yet they don't address them at the factory), we're finally able to enjoy the trailers after 2 years of defect discovery and repairs. I often Joke, you want to be 2nd owner of a newer RV. The first owner has to deal with all the factory bugs and warranty repairs.
- Gordon Slade, Utah

2020-08-29 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

Junk.. high priced trash! Everything is poor quality and way under built. Please check the reviews.. NO 1 STARS!. A very bad review and that gets a 3 star rating? Someone is fudging the numbers . Pass on the Keystones.. junk..
- Jim h, California

2020-08-28 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

We have enjoyed this RV for 18 months. Very nice and comfortable. We don’t tow it it is parked on a permanent lot. Thought it was pricey but also believed it was high quality. We previously had a used one & loved it. Figured this one would well out last us! However, the veneer is peeling off the bathroom door and a trim strip has fallen off the living room slide out! Simply poor glueing and finishing nails not long enough. Of course 18 months into it it’s out of warranty! No help from keystone either. I would have thought a $72,000 RV certainly should not have had these issue’s already.
- Lisa Smoyer, Pennsylvania

2020-07-27 2012 Keystone Montana High Country 313RE View Listings

This Is a great RV. The factory warranty has expired but everything is in top condition. You can take your home with you and what better way to vacation and.....stay safe with social distancing. Very very comfortable and spacious with the 4 slide outs.
- Leah Hughes, Ohio

2020-07-16 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

Great rv, plenty of storage inside and out, love the bigger refrigerator and king size bed. Shower is good size also. My husband says you don't even know your hauling this rv, it tows really good, no problem keeping up with traffic.
- Jane, Maine

2020-06-19 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 374FL View Listings

Just like being at home with all the extras. Beautiful and very comfortable. I love the open space concept. The hallway makes it look like home also. I love the two door entrance/exit- a door on curbside and a door on roadside makes it very convenient.
- Maria Burge, Michigan

2020-06-16 2012 Keystone Montana High Country 333DB View Listings

We loved this RV - our children are grown so we want to get a different layout. It has been very good in the hot sun or cold snow. Great for children with the private bunkhouse. Lots of space for visitors. Tows great. Towed triples with a boat on back no problem.
- Shannon, Colorado

2020-03-23 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

How about my Montana high country 305rl August of 2018 frigerator give me problems first it went out and the latches on propane doors was not on lights in the bedroom was not working properly I fixed the refrigerator myself fuse was blown it did it again in 2019 and keystone wouldn't stand behind it cost me $1,200 I'll never buy another keystone product
- Richard, Mississippi

2020-03-15 2011 Keystone Montana High Country 323RL View Listings

we have had ours going on our 6th season, absolutely love the interior storage. the 323rl has a real full size useable coat closet that you don't see in newer models. the dry weight is only 9200Lbs makes for an easy tow and has plenty of exterior storage as well. we like the mix of dark wood trim/doors that go well with the distressed white in the kitchen. the heated enclosed underbelly has been tested by us in temps as low as 25 degrees without any complications. we have upgraded the furniture to a 87" sofa bed size that fits along back wall even with slides retracted. the holding tank capacities are very good for our purpose, we have 65 fresh, 50 black and 90 grey total split between 2 tanks. Originally designed for only 1 coax cable reception, I modified the MBR for a stand alone coax connection allowing for satellite TV reception, the coach was pre-wired so we added a second AC unit along with slide toppers, this AC unit can also accommodate a heat pump as well if needed, all combined makes camping in 100 degrees very tolerable. the previous owners did not treat decals correctly so many were removed yet some were replaced. overall, we really are glad we found/bought this coach, the only thing we don't like is the vessel sink in bathroom that is soon to be remodeled with a better sink/vanity. This 5th wheel came with a 7 function remote so setting up and leveling is a breeze and the JT Stabilizers front/rear were simple to install and well worth the $300 kit. We also removed the original sofa sleeper and replaced it with a La z boy power loveseat recliner. we also reupholstered the 5 dining room chairs to match the new furniture. The desk area was modified ( less 5th chair ) to accommodate a medium size wire dog kennel. Plenty of storage under MBR bed and the front closet is very adequate for clothing and other necessities. this unit was plumbed for a washer/dryer but this coach came with shelving for excellent bedroom storage plus the 3 drawer dresser. Pretty damn good 5th wheel design, far better than what the last 5 years has produced, we truly enjoy the overall aspect and with scheduled maintenance, upgrades and fix as required, this coach will last us well into retirement !!! Highly recommended.
- Phil Krolikowski, Colorado

2020-03-14 2020 Keystone Montana High Country 381TH View Listings

Getting ready to take delivery of this brand new unit, if it ever gets here! The 381TH is a toy hauler, but nowhere inn any of there catalogs on line dealers, even the website is there any dementions of the garage, very critical issue wondering if my motor cycle will even fit, seen a video the guy said it was ten foot long, dealer said it was 8'4" that's a big difference does anybody out there know for sure, can't find answers!
- Michael Stanley, Missouri

2020-03-06 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

This 2019 High Country is junk. I’ve owned it for 16 months and it’s been in the shop for 8 months. Auto leveling jacks, leaky slide out, refrigerator, door won’t close, on and on. Can’t wait to get rid of it. Buyer beware!!!
- Paul Eschbach, Pennsylvania

2020-02-28 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Keystone Director of operations Steven Holme. Assured me Keystone would correct my air conditioning issues in my rv! Now Keystone is back peddling and saying there is nothing wrong with my ac! My rv has 5 slides and 40ft long,with ac in front bedroom and rear den, my livingroom which is in the middle was only cooled to 85 degrees last summer with both ac's running continuously. Keystone knows what required to fix this issue! Beware of Keystone products, and be wary if they say they are going to do something for you!
- Darrell Westfall , North Carolina