Keystone Montana High Country Reviews on RV Insider (79)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Montana High Country RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Greg parham from Tennessee says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 374FL View Listings

Bought this Montana high country. Upgraded from a small Adirondack fifth wheel. Probably should have kept the old paid off one and dealt with it. We do full time. I travel with work. So it's our home on wheels !!! Since week one I have had problems. First the fridge it didn't keep cold stayed average 55 degrees and would bump on 33 occasionally but rare. Being wife is diabetic. Her insulin got tossed twice before I invested in a cooler bag to keep it safe. Needless to say complaint after complaint and being told it's not made for living in I yanked the junker out and installed a residential fridge. When I pulled it out the floor was molding and rotting investigating further as to why. The drain line was still zip tied to the back pouring water all over the space .... Duh. Well despite my chuckle at the lack of quality control it was thrown in my shed that's $4000. Out the window. Fridge works great now 450 Sears outlet. Then round 2. Shower pouring water on floor despite the doors closed. Investigating. Duh !! Door trac in backwards. Hint we drain the water back into the shower. That why one side is solid with no drains in it ... I fixed another blunder from quality control .... 3 gas leak. Haha. Every so often strong gas smell I searched everywhere checked everything. Wha...laa.... One night wifey poo cooking dinner shuts everything off and hours later she wipes down everything and blisters the crap out of her hand on the stove top. She calls me asking why the top is so hot and discolored. I investigate. Remove the top off and a nice blue fame still burning at the port connection. Again. These aren't built to live in full time. Hence the word recreational vehicle. I'm told. So insisting that I take it to my dealer. Hundreds of miles away. As always. I elect to have a service callous. Three times they replace the part. Still leaks so machinery on hand I export the stupid thing closed and kill the leak. Still on the horse for parts that are safe. So this weekend I pack up from the job and roll from Chattanooga Tn to Charlotte NC. Get all cozy and setup. Hah. Top of the trim over the bed laying on the bed. Just decided it was tired I guess and went to bed. I stuck that back up with the trusty nail gun I own just for the pieces falling off .... Hop on in the shower. Ahhhhh refreshing and then shave. Get all done shaving. Feeling good. Get dressed and walk out to the kitchen. To a swimming pool running from under the sink.... I think hum. What's this open it up and it's flooded. No pipes came undone. So last place I used water. Shower? Shave ? Go in the bath room and low and behold the bottom of the sink. Broken off the bowl. No here's what stumps me. The drains are slip joint. Lol they definitely didn't slip. It snapped the bottom of the sink slap off the bowl. Now I'm drying cabinets and walls to keep from snatching cabinetry out and replacing it ... Needless to say. Here's my thoughts. I love this stupid thing. Paid a ton for it. It's home. But it's a pile of s--t. Warranty. HAH get in line if you think for one second your gonna get anywhere on that. Keystone is a joke , I can't take my camper to a service center I live in it. Their comments are its not designed to live in. .... Well guess what. A lot of people do. I paid for the Montana package. Heavy duty insulation. Haha. My AC can't put a dent in keeping it cool. Improvise. Insulate the windows and black them out. The wiring can't handle the packages so trip breakers. Get used to it. The tv cabling. Lol. After I couldn't get anything I tore into that monster to find wires not connected. And grounding out so I just ran new ones direct. The recliner is 6 months old it's fit for the dumpster that's one on my list to toss. The tv sound system lol I need a hearing aid to hear it. I'm not hard of hearing though. ... I give the home a 4 star for design and comfort floor plan. I give the camper as a whole 3 stars. I like it even despite the gremlins. If your not handy or mechanically inclined. Your unit will be sitting at your dealer or other selected service centers. That's a promise .... That's 7 months ownership. Many many calls to keystone and others. I bought it off the lot nov 2015. It's a 2016 brand spanking new. I gave up on keystone standing behind their product and lost pretty much any hopes of them fixing anything so I probably voided all my warranties by fixing this piece of junk myself. But I build for a living as a general contractor so I know when my hands get in it its done right !!!! Have a wonderful day. And hope this helps anyone deciding to buy a camper. It's a recreational vehicle specifically designed for maybe 4 weekends a month use anymore your abusing the product. As they put it.
- Greg parham, Tennessee

2020-03-23 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

How about my Montana high country 305rl August of 2018 frigerator give me problems first it went out and the latches on propane doors was not on lights in the bedroom was not working properly I fixed the refrigerator myself fuse was blown it did it again in 2019 and keystone wouldn't stand behind it cost me $1,200 I'll never buy another keystone product
- Richard, Mississippi

2020-03-15 2011 Keystone Montana High Country 323RL View Listings

we have had ours going on our 6th season, absolutely love the interior storage. the 323rl has a real full size useable coat closet that you don't see in newer models. the dry weight is only 9200Lbs makes for an easy tow and has plenty of exterior storage as well. we like the mix of dark wood trim/doors that go well with the distressed white in the kitchen. the heated enclosed underbelly has been tested by us in temps as low as 25 degrees without any complications. we have upgraded the furniture to a 87" sofa bed size that fits along back wall even with slides retracted. the holding tank capacities are very good for our purpose, we have 65 fresh, 50 black and 90 grey total split between 2 tanks. Originally designed for only 1 coax cable reception, I modified the MBR for a stand alone coax connection allowing for satellite TV reception, the coach was pre-wired so we added a second AC unit along with slide toppers, this AC unit can also accommodate a heat pump as well if needed, all combined makes camping in 100 degrees very tolerable. the previous owners did not treat decals correctly so many were removed yet some were replaced. overall, we really are glad we found/bought this coach, the only thing we don't like is the vessel sink in bathroom that is soon to be remodeled with a better sink/vanity. This 5th wheel came with a 7 function remote so setting up and leveling is a breeze and the JT Stabilizers front/rear were simple to install and well worth the $300 kit. We also removed the original sofa sleeper and replaced it with a La z boy power loveseat recliner. we also reupholstered the 5 dining room chairs to match the new furniture. The desk area was modified ( less 5th chair ) to accommodate a medium size wire dog kennel. Plenty of storage under MBR bed and the front closet is very adequate for clothing and other necessities. this unit was plumbed for a washer/dryer but this coach came with shelving for excellent bedroom storage plus the 3 drawer dresser. Pretty damn good 5th wheel design, far better than what the last 5 years has produced, we truly enjoy the overall aspect and with scheduled maintenance, upgrades and fix as required, this coach will last us well into retirement !!! Highly recommended.
- Phil Krolikowski, Colorado

2020-03-14 2020 Keystone Montana High Country 381TH View Listings

Getting ready to take delivery of this brand new unit, if it ever gets here! The 381TH is a toy hauler, but nowhere inn any of there catalogs on line dealers, even the website is there any dementions of the garage, very critical issue wondering if my motor cycle will even fit, seen a video the guy said it was ten foot long, dealer said it was 8'4" that's a big difference does anybody out there know for sure, can't find answers!
- Michael Stanley, Missouri

2020-03-06 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

This 2019 High Country is junk. I’ve owned it for 16 months and it’s been in the shop for 8 months. Auto leveling jacks, leaky slide out, refrigerator, door won’t close, on and on. Can’t wait to get rid of it. Buyer beware!!!
- Paul Eschbach, Pennsylvania

2020-02-28 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Keystone Director of operations Steven Holme. Assured me Keystone would correct my air conditioning issues in my rv! Now Keystone is back peddling and saying there is nothing wrong with my ac! My rv has 5 slides and 40ft long,with ac in front bedroom and rear den, my livingroom which is in the middle was only cooled to 85 degrees last summer with both ac's running continuously. Keystone knows what required to fix this issue! Beware of Keystone products, and be wary if they say they are going to do something for you!
- Darrell Westfall , North Carolina

2020-02-27 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL View Listings

This is poor quality product. We have only owned for less than two years and has a manufacture defect which they are not owning up to. Warranty service is useless. I would never purchase from this company again. Buyers beware!!!!!!
- Dee Bushong, Washington

2020-02-10 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

My Montana High Country has heating/cooling issues.I have owned this Rv since new and recently has become my only residence.This RV is advertised as being artic packaged,but in reality it isn't. Keystone placed tank heaters on the water,sewage tanks, but did not add additional insulation in this rv. Therefore if you are going to use it in the cold months you are going to freeze! This RV is 41ft long and has 5 slide outs, which has alot of open space to heat/cool! Keystone only placed one furnace and it's in the front part of rv,therefore by the time heat tries to reach rear den it's cold.The same holds true for air conditioning. 2 acs one on each end and nothing in the middle. The livingroom is like a sauna in the summer! Too much heat for them to cool this rv with the amount of open space.

2020-01-04 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

This rv,that has a rear den and 5 slides,was not designed for comfort living. Keystone did not compensate for the amount of space it would have to cool/heat when only allowing 2 air conditioners for this 41 ft RV. Keystone went one step further making harder to cool this rv,by placing the air conditioners on each end of rv, but not in middle, believe me you are going to roast in the summer. When cold weather comes you'll freeze as the only furnace installed will be in the front of rv, and not be big enough to heat the den.I have to close the door to keep livingroom warm. Poor thought in designing this rv. Don't buy this, I'm living the nightmare, and Keystone says there is nothing wrong with my rv.

2019-12-26 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Purchased this rv for the additional living space that the rear den should provide,reason I say that is because I can't use it now as it's 20 degrees colder in that room. Keep in mind keystone added a artic package to this rv,for colder weather.This Rv is advertised online rv sites that this helps with full time use,and is also pointed out during the sales presentation at camping world where I purchased it. I purchased this rv not thinking I would have to use it as a residence at that time. I now use it fulltime, and let me tell you this rv is put together with no thoughts of comfort. I am living in a nightmare situation, this rv has more air coming into it than it should, this is my fifth rv and the second keystone rv i,ve own! I have searched through this rv and have found that by pulling all face plates off electrical outlets and switches that there is no insulation at all behind the walls! Another factor is during the water pipe and drainage pipes installation, all cuts for them are beyond what is required and to top it they did not seal around them,therefore you have cold air coming from underbelly into the interior. During this past summer this rv with two ducted ac's running continuously during the day was a sauna.and my electric bill reflected it. When this rv was being assembled there wasn't any over sight/quality assurance being done. They threw this together and basically said,it's not their own so they didn't care what the end product was.It was just another unit to push out the door! My biggest question is, how can you advertise this RV as having an artic package and not have insulation inside? When I spoke with owners relations department about this,I was informed that tank heaters and a thin foil blanket was added to the underbelly for colder climates,but couldn't answer why there wasn't insulation in the interior I can only recommend that you run from this manufacturer,as it's obvious they are using misleading advertising to get the consumer to purchase these RV's!

2019-12-24 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

2019 Montana High Country 375FL new in Sep '18. Had it for 15 months now. Maiden voyage, the rear closet shelf and clothes bar broke completely off the wall and fell. Fixed myself by rebuilding and supporting from the floor of the closet up and supports in the middle of the shelf. Warranty replaced the front entry door as it was not aligned correct. Also replaced the bathroom door as it was dragging and out of align. Replaced bedroom door as it broke away from the wall. Break shoes in one wheel came apart. Warranty replaced entire wheel (2 sides). Aluminum siding that wraps under the underbelly broke out when screws pulled through the thin aluminum and the under skirting was dangling. Holes in the aluminum were completely ripped out. I fixed myself by removing all screws and using big washers on each screw so it wouldn't rip out any further. Tire blow-out after 6 months. Replaced all 4 tires then with semi-truck trailer tires. No problems since then. No manuals came with this trailer. I had to acquire all information from on-line sources and down-load manuals. Lippert 6 point leveling system is hard to learn, and extremely challenging when an error code happens. Again, no manuals. I had to figure out how it all worked with YouTube videos as the on-line manual really did not address how to fix some specific error codes. A year after taking ownership and a year after doing dozens of little fixes, staples, trim, and cabinet door catches, it snow a darn-good trailer. The manufacturer needs to quit doing things, bare minimum, like no washers over metal sheeting, or using more than just 2 staple nails to hold a closet shelf in place.
- David Edrington, Indiana

2019-12-22 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Purchased this 2018 Montana high 362rd in july 2018,it's the worst purchase I have made, as this is my fifth one. I bought this one for extra room and the half bath addition, and also the added artic package. When I bought itI was using occasionally, but now have it as fulltime usage. I was informed that the artic package had extra insulation for the cold weather, they have lied. There is no extra insulation other than tank heaters and a thin foil blanket for the underbelly. I have cold air coming up through my floor vents, air coming around my windows and in my cabinets. The rear den has a 20 degree colder temperature variation between the living room, and as a result I have to keep the door closed or my furnace/ fireplace will not cycle off and on. This past summer I had a hard time keeping this unit cool even with 2 ducted ac's running. When this unit was being assembled there wasn't any thought of quality during the process! I have actually try to find where all the air is coming from,and have found there isn't any insulation in the walls of this unit! So how can they say it's equipped with an artic package. I have also found that when they were installing the water pipe system and sewage drains they over cut the required measurements and did not seal them! I am truly disappointed with the way keystone assembled this rv, my advice to future rv owners run! don't walk away from this manufacturer,as I am living the nightmare! I have spoken with customer care, and their response is, it is only designed for extended use in cold weather. I inquired about the lack of insulation and was informed they added a thin foil blanket for the underbelly.How they can deceive the public with misrepresentations and get away with it I don't understand. I spent my hard earn money for a big tent with sides, electricity and water, what a waste of my money.

2019-12-20 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

Purchased July2018, This rv includes artic package. Save your money it's not equipped for cold weather! It does come with tank heaters, but that doesn't compensate for interior warmth! I will have to warn those who are thinking about keystone products look elsewhere! My Rv was thrown together quickly and without supervision! There is no insulation at all in this rv! You will burn up in the summer even with two ac's and freeze in the fall as I'm doing now with a furnace! There was no quality assurance inspection during this rv assembly.I have had to go and repair everywhere a water or sewer pipe was ran into this rv! The factory cut the holes wider than required and did not seal around the pipes which allows cold air from underbelly to come inside the rv,as a result I have had to seal these openings my self.The factory claims they put insulation in the underbelly a thin foil blanket,which is supposedly to help the interior?There isn't any insulation inside this rv! You can feel the cold air around the windows and through the walls. I spoke to customer care, they informed me this unit was not made for long term use,even when it is advertised it can be as it has a artic package for cold weather! Buyer beware, They are not assembled as good as they lead you to believe. There wasn't any over site occurring at all during this assembly, if there had been I would not be having these issues!

2019-12-14 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 381TH View Listings

I bought my new Montana from Camping World and took delivery on Jan 12th 2019.Part of the deal was that they install a washer/dryer,Onan Generator and a MORryde wet bolt kit in the suspension.This kit makes all springs and shackles have grease fittings in them to lube the suspension parts.Lo and behold,the kit in the two and a half weeks from putting a deposit down did not come in till 10:00am on Jan 12 th two hours prior to delivery.At that point I just told them to give me the kit so I could install it myself after being a mechanic for 49 years did not see it as a problem. I got around to installing this kit in August 2019 only to find that at 7 months old with about 5000 miles on it that the suspension was worn out!The shackles were badly worn and the bushings in the ends of each spring were half gone.I installed the kit and greased all suspension parts although I feel for this job to be done correctly it needs 6 new springs.Keystone declined to cover any work on the suspension because I had modified the suspension when I only did what was part of the deal.My northern dealer said that Keystone claimed of not having problems with the suspension but every 2020 Montana on the lot now has this wet bolt kit in it from the factory. In the months of Jan,Feb,Mar and April I made a list of any problems that I had found with plans to follow up with my northern Keystone dealer.They did make some of the smaller repairs after charging me a 299.00 out of their network for not buying it there but big jobs are still a problem.Things like when you turn on the heat the floor blows up like a kids bouncy pad or when I travel most of the fresh water runs out on the road. When planning my fall trip back to Florida for the winter my thought was to give the selling dealer a shot at these problems.I arrived back in Florida Oct 29th with an appointment for the 30th to drop it off. When checking the unit in the service writer found a bulge in the left front corner under a slide out so added it to the work order.They had the camper this time for two weeks (making the total time without my home 46 days)only to check the list of problems.They discovered that to repair the bulge in the wall that both front slide outs would need to be removed,as well as the complete front nose cone for welding cracks in the substructure. They stated they would need the unit for two to three months for this repair and are not willing in any way to provide a loaner while having my home. So I pulled the camper from them on Nov 12th due to family coming for holidays and not wanting to keep paying for a hotel room.Camping World and I did make plans of brining it back after Jan 2nd but has been resolved about a loaner. To resolve this to my satisfaction and since it is apparent that these problems are due to quality work by Keystone,I am requesting that they take this unit back.I think they should refund me the full purchase price as well as all loan costs,payments and any other expenses or add ons that where spent.
- Gary McBreairty, Florida

2019-11-16 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

I really enjoyed using this RV for the past three years. The Ford F350 combination was the perfect towing experience and was much easier than my last RV which was a 25 foot trailer. The wonderful windows that are throughout the unit makes for a very pleasant experience. There’s plenty of floor room and comfortable seating and living space throughout! My wife and I decided to buy a property at the local beach and give up the RV lifestyle for a while. We will be back and we will buy a keystone manufactured unit again!
- Rob Gilsdorf, Delaware

2019-11-09 2014 Keystone Montana High Country 343RL View Listings

Our Experience with this RV has had its ups and downs. The latest thing we have noticed with this RV and other friends that have this year is the sofa's donot have good material on them. Our Sofa Material after 4 years has the look of the material being melted on the back and head rest area. The leather (Vinyl)was very thin and melted from excess heat coming through the rear window. Suggest the rear windows be tinted or use shades that can be left down during travels. Better material on sofas and the furniture would also help.
- Irvin Gates, Texas

2019-11-06 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 3731FL View Listings

Very beautiful camper love it . It a very comfortable place to call home when your out enjoying life. It pulls wonderful I haven’t had any trouble parking it. It has a back up camera on it. I used it very little. It just like brand new. If your looking for a very comfortable and spacious living camper this is the one it has everything your looking for plus more. If you wanted it for a place to go and park for a few days or for a place to park it all year round this is the camper you want.
- Rodney Riemann, Wisconsin

2019-10-27 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 356BH View Listings

The Keystone Montana is a well-built, quality rv. I have lived in it full-time for 3 1/2 years, traveling all over the country. It is roomy and has lots of storage space. The bunkhouse provided the space needed for a second bedroom when the couch was made into a bed. That, along with the 1/2 bath, gave us the room we needed and made the floor plan an excellent choice for us. Keystone was very supportive, and responded in a helpful manner whenever we had a problem. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Keystone Montana experience and would recommend it to anyone.
- Patsy Litterst, Texas

2019-10-09 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 330RL View Listings

We purchased this trailer in March of 2018. It was in the repair shop 3 times before we even took a short camping trip. Since then it has continually been in repair shops for everything from facial falling off while going down the highway, leaking roof, flashing bubbling, and springs and shackles replaced at 4,800 miles, springs were actually bent. Inverter for TVs put in by dealer never working properly even after 5 trips to repair shop. Bedroom TV has never worked. TV antenna so weak it can not pick up local stations. Replaced Dish network satellite system twice and still does not work. Today we are traveling to Denver by air and plan on selling this lemon at an extreme loss. We contacted Keystone and they were rude and did not care, told me I had a bad attitude. This over a 100,000 dollar investment has been a nightmare and our dream of camping across the USA in our retirement is over. Our extended warranty we purchased on this trailer for 6,800 dollars has not covered ANY of the repairs that has had to be done. Keystone should be liable as well as the dealer who sold us the trailer. Do not deal with SkyRiver RV in Paso Robles, CA since their shop cannot seem to correctly fix anything.
- John Ruskovich , California

2019-09-16 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 380TH View Listings

We purchased this particular model, intending to live in it upon retirement. It had everything we would need to travel the country for an entire year. Plenty of Room for my husband, our dogs, and I. The rig is absolutely beautiful and comfortable.However, we had some issues that needed to be addressed, as with any new RV. We had purchased from Camping World, and unfortunately, their service was not done in a timely manner and up to our standards. I recommend the Montana high country 380TH, but do not purchase from Camping World.
- Lynne , Arizona

2019-09-08 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL View Listings

one of the best floor plans for rv use. Keystone's did nice job on this design. great tv viewing, lots of counter space, and tons of room in the bathroom. Only major complaints is was getting warranty done.
- Bob Biegel, Arizona

2019-09-05 2017 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

Purchased April 2018. Absolutely loved the unit until the frame started coming apart at the welds. Walls next to the slides we’re moving in and out. Found broken welds after taking panels off. Husband reinforced welds with steel plates, but now worried what else is happening that we can’t see. You would think that because these units go thru some rough roads and like that the manufacturer would do better than shotty work. Especially for the cost of them.
- D. McCormick, New York

2019-08-15 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 379RD View Listings

This is a great unit tons of room.. very comfortable.. has all the necessities need to camp or use a temporary home. I would recommend any Montana product extremely reliable easy to pull and set up.. Love the king size bed, the residential refrigerator with ice make.. the large screen tv. this unit is only been used twice with a total of 825 miles..
- Leonard Simmons, Alabama

2019-08-11 2015 Keystone Montana High Country 343RL View Listings

The floor plan is great and it tows nicely. I wash and wax my unit with high quality wax 2 or 3 times a year. I have endured many problems that were almost tolerable but the worst so far is the gel coat on the sides of the unit are fading terribly.When I wax it or buff it, it looks fairly nice for about 2 or 3 weeks then it goes back to the terrible faded look. I am going to contact Montana and the large company I purchased it from to see if they will help me with a solution. From what I have read, I am not optimistic. There is no way this unit should be fading the way it is. There must not have been any UV protection in their gel coat mix? I am very disappointed in how my unit looks especially with the care I have given it. I will keep you posted.
- Steve, Pennsylvania

2019-07-14 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 385BR View Listings

I bought my high country from Camping world. Some complaints that I have about it are: switches why in the would would you have the fan switch, the hallway light switch and the living room light switch in the panel box??? makes no sense at all, the two kitchen cabinets on each side of the microwave why wouldn't you have a shelf in there?? the switch in the bedroom for internet once you switch that you lose your antenna service for channels.. The BIGGEST ISSUE IS we pay ALOT of money for this 5th wheel and it has the crappiest furniture in it.. the mattress is like sleeping on plywood, the pull out love seat bed and couch bed are the worst!!! They don't even lay and close to being flat the love seat dips your head down and feet down and then you have a HUGE bump in the center. The couch pull out is pretty much the same. Seriously you can't put better furniture in these?? Lucid foam mattress runs about $250-$450 depending on the size. Pull out serta loveseat and couch beds aren't that heavy to have for comfortable sleeping for guests. The furniture I give a F in this but the camper itself a B. Mainly because the stupid places for the switches and no shelf in the kitchen cupboard. Slide outs why would it be an option to have the extended cover over those that should come with the unit like they are on the class C's. This review is simply on the RV and giving the manufacturer things to hopefully change for the better. Everything else in the RV is definitely A++++
- janey George, Pennsylvania