Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (172)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Montana 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2021-03-25 2017 Keystone Montana 3160RL View Listings

Great RV for any family. Easy towing, perfect size for camp spots , mechanically sound, with it being four seasons stays cool in summer and warm in the winter without running your units to death. Would recommend to family and friends.
- TA, Georgia

2021-03-09 2020 Keystone Montana 3931FB View Listings

BIG REGRET! The floor plan and layout was the main reason I initially decided to upgrade to this camper. Within the first 3 months after I pulled it brand new off the lot, I had a hydraulic fluid leak, and this was the first of MANY issues. Within the first year, I had a j-panel come completely loose, the lighting on the front end cap came loose, a cabinet crack during a long haul across country. An awning came off track with no exposure to any wind gusts. The trim came loose in several locations. A hose under the kitchen sink leaks. There's a water leak into the basement. And the kicker was the furnace quit working during the coldest day of the year and since the heat pump works in sync with the furnace, I had not significant heat source to keep warm. For something that's supposedly made to haul across country and rated for year round living, the price is not worth the shoddy quality of manufacturing.
- Monica Manning, Tennessee

2021-03-09 2015 Keystone Montana 3582RL View Listings

This 5th wheel has a very livable floorplan with a ton of storage. Ideal for extended stay or shorter trips. The living area is so generous that workouts can be done indoors. The refrigerator is NOT on a slide out, but is located such that one can access it when traveling without opening a slide out. Also, has a desk for a laptop or to plan your travels. King bed is awesome.
- Dennis Batdorff, Ohio

2021-02-06 2013 Keystone Montana 3402RL View Listings

We have totally loved our 5th wheel. A few 2 to 6 month trips and a year long trip. Best floor plan..so comfy. Love the 6 pt auto level and in board vac. So much storage in floor to ceiling pantry and nice closet at door. 2 closets in bdrm, king bed, sink in bath AND bdrm, loved the 2 drawer desk and electric heat fireplace. Electric awning is so easy. Did have roof issue while under warranty (used staples) so Keystone did replace. Never any issues with this rig. But as we are mud 70s and health issues...time to sell.
- Bob , Colorado

2021-01-26 2015 Keystone Montana 3611RL View Listings

I love my 3611rl Montana. We had some issue but no different from any other fifth wheel on the market. No major problems, many compliments on the floor plan. Yes we had all our tank valves replaced. S
- Pam Swanson, Michigan

2021-01-14 2016 Keystone Montana 3911FB View Listings

We purchased this RV in February of 2020 from Camper Clinic II in Buda Tx. As the dealer was delivering it it blew out a tire and tore up the underside. The dealer didn't want to fix it and I had to go around the service mgnr to get it fixed in a timely manner. Service was backed up 4 months. We finally received it and have had nothing but problems every since. 2 service calls for the AC units, Propane regulator had to be replaced, Black water valve had to be replaced, Front door doesn't shut right, hinges are bent, Kitchen sink faucet leaks from handle, Fire place doesn't shut off, Toilet doesn't shut off and floods. Keystone doesn't offer a service dept. to help, their only response is to take it back to the dealer. Now we know why the dealer was backed up 4 months. Not how I planned to spend my retirement.
- Val, Texas

2021-01-02 2020 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

Very well built, all the comforts of home, plenty of room, residential fridge, lots of storage inside and out. Fireplace, 2 large TV’s and entertainment system, reclining chairs with heat and massage, easy towing.
- Priscilla Butler, North Carolina

2021-01-02 2012 Keystone Montana 3100RL View Listings

This was our 2 nd Montana and the best upgrade was the hydraulic auto level sys. A few issues 1st year warranty promptly took care off. Never back to dealer until traded in last year for a 2019 model 3121rl. Three wk trip California and back,no issues. Only 2 items I replaced(myself) was ac unit(lost charge),and fireplace quit heating(ordered replacement element/fan module).from manufacture.l would mention we are not full timers and unit was stored under roof.
- Tom, Ohio

2020-12-28 2018 Keystone Montana 3730FL View Listings

Love the floor plan of this RV . So spacious. Abundance of cabinets and storage love the full size refrigerator. never had a problem with any. The fireplace in the living room makes it very cozy on cool evenings.
- LindA, Texas

2020-12-21 2020 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

In September 2020, I purchase a brand-new Keystone Montana 3720 5th wheel from Affinity RV in Prescott Arizona. The sales staff were very good and we agreed on a price. I was told that I could pickup the new RV in about 1 ½ weeks. I drove the 923 miles to Prescott from No. California. When I arrived, I was given the walk through and told that some parts were missing, that they would be ordered and then sent to me. I stayed the night at the dealership and noticed that the refrigerator would not cool, the cable tv switch did not work, ceiling fan did not work, and a couple of other minor issues. Lots of promises were made regarding parts and service. These all turned out to be lies. After returning home with the new unit, I attempted to contact Affinity to determine the status of my replacement parts. Calls went mostly unanswered. I left messages with never a returned call from service. I contacted my salesman numerous times, which usually resulted with a phone call from service with more lies about delays from the manufacturer (Keystone). I called keystone and they said that the parts had shipped and were delivered that day. I called back a week later and was told that the only way to get the parts to me was to remover and send my original parts to them and that I would have to pay to ship the replacements parts to me. I called Keystone again and complained. Then I received a call from Affinity Service telling me that they would send me the missing parts but not the replacement parts? I could come to Affinity, 925 miles one way, and the parts would be installed. I called and complained to my salesman again and then I received a call back from Chris in service telling me to sent in my parts and after receiving them they would send me the placement parts at my expense. I sent my parts to affinity around the 10th of November. They received them four days later. I included my mailing information, phone number, and instructions to call me for credit card information for the shipping. No response. I called a week later left a message. No Response! I contacted the salesman again, then received a call from Chris, saying that the parts would be taken to the parts department, they would contact me for credit card info. After one week, I called Affinity again, left a message, NO RESPONSE!!! I called parts a few days later. They said that did not have any information regarding any parts and that Chris was the only one that knew anything about it and he was off sick with Covid-19. I called a few more time and left messages, NO RESPONSE!!!!!, I left an email for the Sales Manager, detailing my frustration. I received a call the next morning. I was told that Chris was still of sick and that he was going to find out what was going on and that someone would call me. NO RESPONSE!!!. Today I called Affinity again, tried parts, message machine, called back, tried service, message machine, called back tried parts again, human answered, told that they would call me back. Guess what? NO RESPONSE!!!! I don’t know what to do?? Any Help would be appreciated. Thank You. David Van Denover
- davidvd2763, South Dakota

2020-11-27 2018 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

What a mistake! We bought this new after our house burned in a wildfire. We loved the floorplan, the ability to have a king size bed and a large shower.That's where the love stops. Within days the trim started falling off, cabinet doors fell off. The washer/dryer unit would not dry clothes. A few months later the microwave shorted out and the recliners sometimes worked sometimes they didn't. The bathroom door broke and wouldn't open or close easily so we took it off. The door was so heavy that the hardware couldn't hold it. When we moved it water poured out from under the kitchen. We don't want it, we can't sell it and we are thousands of dollars in the hole. I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone.
- Christine Taylor, California

2020-11-09 2017 Keystone Montana 293RK View Listings

Best Value for its weight and size. While its not a high end 5th wheel it is well built and designed with quality amenities. Wide open Floor Plan. The Trailer is very comfortable to pull and Easy to set up with the self Leveling system.
- Paul Lanning, Oregon

2020-10-20 2018 Keystone Montana 3701LK View Listings

The purchase of this Montana is our 9th RV but our first Montana. I let you know that so that it's known we are not strangers to the RV world. We were sold on this being the most quality you can buy in an RV for just under $100,000.00. Let me preface my review with this statement, we are not people that complain about things, in fact, we're those people that call the manager of a restaurant to our table to compliment a server that has done a good job. That being said, here it goes. We bought our 2018 Montana 3701LK new from Camping World in Myrtle Beach SC at which time it had been on their lot for 7 months. I wish I could say I was joking but literally 3 days after our purchase the nightmares began. Problems that I would've never imagined especially since it was moved only 3 miles to a local campground and that is where it stayed for the next 6 months while we lived in it as our home away from home while working out of town. Here's a short list from that 6 month stay. Central heat quit working, central air unit issues, water heater malfunction (that almost caused a fire), entry step issues, interior step material peeling, bugs getting in skylight in bathroom, light coming in through area of bedroom slide where it should be sealed, refrigerator leak (ice maker water supply line - not a huge deal but still), blinds not working properly, water dripping from one HVAC vent in LR ceiling during thunderstorms, rubber grommets on stove top knobs shredding, auto roof vents sticking, auto leveling ground jacks not holding stable and had to be re-adjusted about every 3 weeks, tile falling off of the wall, automatic leveling jack control unit not working properly, cab mirror completely faded, closet doors dragging, bearings falling out of drawer slides, cold air rushing in interior step vent during winter months (keep in mind, this unit has the polar package). This is a few of the things that went wrong. Let me continue by stating that we are non-smokers, in our 50's with no children or pets to conribute to any of these issues. I'll just be very candid here, as if having these these problems wasn't already bad enough, trying to compel Camping World and Keystone to take care of these issues was horrid at best. Both of these companies have the worst customer service I've ever experienced with anything I've ever purchased and I do mean ever. Now let's move on... My project in Myrtle Beach now complete,it's time to relocate to Hampton, VA. Keep in mind that we stayed in the camper for approximately 4 months for 4 days during the week then a hotel for 2 months while waiting for it to get out of the shop at Camping World. Finally it's ready, I back up under it, get out to lower it, dead battery from sitting in there yard. 3 hours later waiting for a jump everything is hooked up and down the road we go. Approximately 400 miles later, I get the Montana set up at it's new temporary home, walk in the door to start getting things powered up and to put the slides out only to find that when you pull a Montana 400 miles all of the crown mould at the ceiling will be laying in the floor, the trim around doors and entertainment centers will have gaps and the entry steps may or may not have issues again. Now everything is set up and we've been there for a week while battling with Camping World and Keystone to find out who is coming to put this crown mould back up (which never happens until I take care of it myself). Fall is upon us so there's getting to be a slight chill in the evening air so it's off to the thermostat to click that heater on, oops, not working again... Did I mention that Camping World and Keystone both should not be in business..!!! They make you feel as if you built the RV and your asking them to correct your mistakes. Horrible, horrible, horrible experience. My advice, stay away from this RV dealer and this manufacture unless you enjoy never ending issues with quality and being aggravated while trying to get issues taken care of. If I could give them both a zero star on the survey for customer service, quality of product and simple human decency it would be a double zero and even that rating may be too generous. As far as layout, we love the room and the rear kitchen. The slides could be larger, and the bedroom could be designed to have slightly more room... I only added this statement because I had to say something nice. Hope this review helps and keep in mind, if you decide to buy a Montana, once you sign that dotted line be prepared for a fight to the death getting any of your issues resolved, oh, and in the event they do decide to take care of a problem or two don't be in a rush to get it back either... Good luck and happy hunting... Unfortuntley signed, a very frustrated and dissatisfied customer, Todd M Stopher North Augusta, SC
- Todd Stopher, South Carolina

2020-10-04 2007 Keystone Montana 3075RL View Listings

We absolutely loved this RV and traveled the country with it. Everyone wanted to see inside once we parked since we had the new lightweight shutters put in. And once they saw how open and light everything was with the wood walls and ceiling, they were doubly impressed. Some asked where we got our ideas for the remodel as they had never seen one so nice! And everyone loved all the extra storage! Many thought we should go to the Montana and give our ideas directly to the builder for their new rigs. What great compliments!
- Lsdoughty, California

2020-10-03 2020 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We purchased our 2020 Keystone Montana in July 2020. We sold our home and became a full-time rv couple which we have planned for a while. The first night we moved into our brand new home, the problems started. The hydraulic motor went out that very day. We couldn't get it taken care of for 8 days. The blinds are literally falling apart and off the walls. Trim is falling off. The bedroom door doesn't even fit. It is smaller than the door frame. The bathroom floor is peeling up. The toilet lid fell off. The sofa bed is so tipped that we cannot use it to sleep on. A few days ago my husband was in the shower and heard and felt a huge boom and then heard a rush of water. The drain pipe somehow separated from the gray tank and now we cannot use the shower. This has been a nightmare and we are sick that we paid 70,000 for this piece of junk. We are hopefully getting some of these issues taken care of this week. The workmanship and quality of this 5th wheel is terrible!!
- brenda, Idaho

2020-09-12 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL View Listings

Biggest waste of money Ever! Trash.. id rather burn my money than own anything this company builds or throws together.. should be a CRIME TO TAKE MONEY only to sell them garbage.. axles fall apart, slides are junk.. dont buy.. you have been warned..
- Frank b, Oregon

2020-08-28 2020 Keystone Montana 3790RD View Listings

My husband and needed to have a lifestyle change and Decided to buy a 2020 keystone Montana High Country. It was very pretty. When it was time to get it they said that something in the air conditioner was recalled. Then I was bringing belongings into the camper and noticed the panels in the closet were Very damaged. Days later we found out there was structural damage. We were offered an upgrade at no extra cost which was nice to a Montana 3780rd. We put in a direct tv satellite $3500. We were told that it was completely wired for this. After we left and had direct tv come out, they said that the wiring was not correct and there were too many duplexes In the wiring. Also the dish wasn’t installed properly. This had to be completely rewired. The built in usb chargers were wired backwards, then the batteries wouldn’t charge. We found out that the cable from the power center to the battery was bad. They have to cut the underbelly out to replace this. I really don’t think that the manufacturer has qualified people building these rigs. I would not recommend the Montana to anyone. For 3 months now the problems haven’t stopped. I have made my complaints known to the dealership and Keystone. Keystone has no interest in compensation for all the time and trouble I have gone through. Do not buy a new keystone product
- Patricia Fontenay, Colorado

2020-08-24 2020 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

Brand new. Got 5/5/20. After 2 weekend trips, things fell apart. Crack in back door. TV cable broke, bent pulley. Big bolt popping up in kitchen floor. Refrigerator slide to low, put hole in floor tile. 12 inch crack in closet wall, ripples under 2 slides, Decal peeling Loose trim inside Loose trim outside LED strip light coming off. This is rediculous. Very poor workmanship. We spent more than planned, to get a better camper to last us. Getting ready to retire & travel. I cry every trip we make because something else breaks. Dealership is working on it. As far as warranty work, so far covered. IT SHOULD BE.
- Kathy, Missouri

2020-08-19 2018 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

We loved all the windows. Very easy towing. I use to have a pull behind. No sway with the 5th wheel. Lots of storage and the pull out tray in the under belly made easy access to items in the middle. Floor plan was very good for us and having a washer/dryer(stackable, not combo) made longer stays more convenient. Hate to have to dispose of it. Residential refrigerator made longer stays convenient without making several trips to the store. Great oven and microwave which is also an oven. Fantastic 5th wheel.
- David Robinson, Missouri

2020-08-17 2019 Keystone Montana 3790RD View Listings

This unit is beautiful and high quality. It has incredible storage especially with the slide out storage compartment under the back living area. There is plenty of room in the interior and separate kitchen and Living room area.
- J stafford, Nevada

2020-08-12 2018 Keystone Montana 3921FB View Listings

Wow! My husband and I decided to downside and live in this 5th wheel, and if you're considering one, GET THIS ONE! This 5th wheel has been our pride and joy, and has proven to be the most reliable RV we have ever owned, and we have had quite a few in our lifetime. This particular model has this AMAZING bathtub, that I almost couldn't believe when I first saw it! I have absolutely zero complaints! HIGHLY recommend! Keystone Montana will ALWAYS be out GO TO choice for travel trailers!
- Ella Montgomery, Illinois

2020-08-10 2019 Keystone Montana 3790RD View Listings

Like the livability of my unit but many issues to start the adventure. 3 moldings popped off. Frig was missing shelves for 1 door. Clothes rod fell down in closet. 2 windows were missing shades. 1 aftermarket slide cover will not roll up. Antenna snapped & not covered by warranty. All within 7 days of purchase. Manufacturer only says warranty requires unit be taken to an authorized dealer & left a minimum of 6 days. Not suitable for someone living full-time in their product.
- Mike McDowell, Tennessee

2020-08-06 2015 Keystone Montana 3611RL View Listings

this is another legacy package. We've had the rear axle bolts break, slide out constantly needs work, eats tires , mounding dall off, toilet not holding water, refer quit working, black water tank splitting leaving a hazard at the rv park, shower door handles falling off, hole in cap, waterheater not working on electricity, ceiling fan fell down, kitchen light fell down, ... Keystone said basically,kiss our butts, we got your money too bad you got a lemon.. Never buy any under the THOR BRAND..KEYSTONE, JAYCO,AIRSTREAM, KZ ETC.. BIGGEST HEARTACHE IN OUR LIVES..
- dan b, Nevada

2020-08-05 2020 Keystone Montana 3781RL View Listings

Loved the floor plan,wanted something to live and travel in, but in a couple of months the trim started falling down,from the heavy top rails to the light weight strips.The cheap bathroom faucets have tarnished. Strips of wallpaper coming loose. Controls are in a pantry cabinet,so the door has to be open to close slider and can be caught in slider and crushed. AC in living area does not cool well, oven does not keep temperature you have to stand by it and keep adjusting. Entry door very hard to open and close, and pops open during travel. Hand rail came loose, so does not help hold door closed. Keystone says oven is within normal parameters and AC is not supposed to cool more than 20° lower than outside temperature. If the temp gets over 100 outside the temp is high 80s to 90s inside. Dealer and Keystone think that's normal. Surely its not. Keystone and the dealer Tolliver RV sales only want to say the issues are normal and not take responsibility.
- Richard Johnson, Texas