Keystone Laredo Travel Trailer Reviews on RV Insider (21)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Laredo Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Susan Brabenec from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Laredo 330RL View Listings

Purchased July 2016 and planned a trip cross country. The Pro's; Very roomie, adequate space, larger shower and love the floor plan with the island. Also, electric jack and front Jack a plus. Con's; the shower door latch has broke twice, the mattress is very uncomfortable, the oven burning never turns off, even though I mentioned the front Jack it had to be replaced. The decals on the front of the trailer starting to peel. I would have expected for the amount of money we spent the quality of this Keystone Laredo be a bit higher.
- Susan Brabenec, Illinois

2020-08-17 2018 Keystone Laredo 330RL18 View Listings

The Keystone Laredo is JUNK! KEYSTONE does NOT back their warranty. BUYER BEWARE! We bought our junk in Oct. of 2017. We had it delivered to our place because we didn’t have a pickup truck. From the start, nothing but trouble. The first day the gas water heater failed. The outside LED lights on the one side of the front failed. Within a week the theater recliner seats threads started falling out. Had to take camper to dealer to get new seats. They got the wrong seats. When you would recline, the seat would tip you forward and dump you off. They had the camper for 3 months and could not get it right! Called them up and told them they had the wrong seats and we wanted the right seats back. Trim inside the unit started falling off! The mattress on the queen size bed was a joke. 6” of the cheapest materials ever made. You literally were sleeping on the plywood underneath. The slides never operated properly. Had them adjusted at the dealer, but now the walls are bowing out at the top of the slides, and the pulleys inside are falling off the walls! Keystone said it is from damage! What damage? It’s due to poor manufacturing. Noticed that the pulleys were rubbing when the cables were moving 2 years ago after the adjustments but never made the connection. We went camping this summer and I was closing the slide next to the door and head the rubbing and notice how badly the wall was bowing out at the top of the slide. Within 6 months of ownership all the cabinet doors started to fall apart. They must have used cheap glue or maybe no glue. Had to reglue myself because the dealer never got back to me. Had the trim on the kitchen slide fall off. Nailed it back on myself. The kitchen chairs are falling apart. Had to reglue and bolt back together! Had the dealer fix a sink leak in the bathroom, but it still leaked. Had to buy my own faucet to replace the leaking one. The curtains are constantly falling off the wall. There is no support to hold the screws in the wall. There is a roof support that is loose and pushing up on the rubber roof! Just a matter of time till it pokes a hole through the roof! When we got the unit I noticed that the door dead bolt wouldn’t lock properly! The lock was not installed properly. The ac unit freezes up when it’s over 90 degrees out side. The black tank never drains properly. Someone said that they drill a hole into the floor and tank and let the pieces fall inside the tank and don’t remove it, so sometime in the future I will have to pull the toilet and check it for the plug! The door weather stripping is coming out from under the door. Tried to push it back up under the door with no success. Returned from camping in July to find the closet rod that you hang clothes on fell off the wall. Fixed myself. The self leveling would be nice if it actually leveled the camper. It’s always off so I carry a level when we go camping. The bedroom has staples sticking up through the carpet that ripped my wife’s and my toes open and bled. The dealer said “just pull them out”! I pulled one of the roof vents down from inside to look and see if I could tell why the roof support was coming loose, and no surprise, the insulation is not installed properly. Pulled the other vents down, and the insulation is not installed properly at those areas either. The camper is supposed to have what they call the “Polar or Arctic” package! Well, that is a joke. Don’t expect to go to any northern states in the winter unless you carry enough straw bails to keep your unit from freezing. They use1/8” corrugated plastic to insulate the bottom of the camper, and blow some heat down there from your heater. Paid $33,000 for a piece of junk. Bought it new, thinking we were going to go traveling the country when we retire next year, but I’m afraid to haul this down the road. If a slide looses its lags at the pulleys, and the slide slides out while traveling down the road and kills someone, I will be going to jail for involuntary manslaughter! What a way to enjoy retirement, in the slammer! All because I bought Keystone Junk! And the best part is I have not bought a pickup truck yet. I use my boys truck to pull the camper. We have taken the camper upstate 3 times, 62 miles each way, back to the dealer 1 time, and to the garage 3 times to get the camper inspected! Have not even pulled it 500 miles. I have never been scammed out of so much money for so much junk! BUY BEWARE!! I hope I can keep others from making the same mistake!
- Doug, Pennsylvania

2020-03-03 2017 Keystone Laredo 288RL View Listings

This was my first travel trailer and purchased new. I towed it with a Ford truck and was somewhat nervous so my first two years we did not go more than a tank of gas away. However in 2019, I pulled it almost 3000 miles and got gas with the trailer many times. I felt really comfortable driving it the entire trip except for several windy spots. It has automatic leveling which has been great and everything has worked well. A few problems is the awning seems to be not very good quality so we rarely use it. there is a shelf with plugs at the top of the bed and we love that aspect. The only negative is on the second half of our 3000 mile trip, the half of the fascia over the slide out fell off. We bought some different screws in CO and tightened the second half. We put in in the back of the Ford and since it was three years we did not even mention it to either Keystone or the dealer. I ended up touching up the fascia, drilled new holes and added a screw. and you cannot even tell it fell off. But I do not think it should have fallen but Keystone only used three one inch screws to hold a five foot fascia. I will check all the screws before we take it out this summer. All in all, I think we got our moneys worth but I think this year or next we will probably either buy a class A or class C. Every thing works and we added a back up/rear view camera which is worth the trip and we bought a cover for the 2nd and 3rd winters. So we will either sell it or trade it in but whoever buys it should be happy.
- William Bol, Ohio

2020-02-12 2005 Keystone Laredo 284BH View Listings

Bought this unit in 2006 used. Seemed to be a nice clean unit and the floor plan worked for our family.The dealership we purchased it from did an awesome job getting it ready for us and cleaning it up for delivery. We picked it up and took her home the next day. 1 month later the roof started to leak at the front. Apparently water was getting in at the seam between the rubber roof and the front cap. Called the dealer and they told me the unit was as is but they could repair. Hmmm, should have read the contract closer. I took it to a local dealer and they pulled the old lap sealant and applied new. Leak stopped...for a couple of months and started again. By this time water was starting the de-laminate the front cap and it was getting wrinkly. Took it back to the local service center and they redid all the seals, but they told me these RV's were notorious for leaking. OK. So in the course of the following year the water heater tank cracked at the element fitting (I lived in South Florida so it was not freeze related), the control board of the fridge had to be replaced, the gray tank developed a crack and needed to be repaired, the motor for the slide needed replacing, and the unit had water leaks everywhere. As I am comfortable with DIY projects and spent every year working on the roof making sure the leaks were no more...but the damage was done. I had de-lamination on the front cap, front side walls and rear wall. When I went to trade it in they gave me scrap value. I wont go into the molding falling off everywhere, the plumbing leaks that I chased.....basically if you see a mid 2000 Laredo RV....unless you like projects, walk away.
- Gary Matthews, Florida

2020-01-25 2017 Keystone Laredo 333BH View Listings

Poor quality. 2 years old and bedroom door came out of ceiling. Strips coming off ceiling. Both air conditioners went put after a year. Poor reception on antenna.Door fell off docking station, plug for hot water heater is so rusted I'm afraid it's going to pop. I gate this trailer and it cost 38,000 dollars.
- Serena J Flowers , Tennessee

2019-10-23 2015 Keystone Laredo 320TG View Listings

We purchased our Laredo bunkhouse new and have enjoyed it. For a family, it is a good setup. The kids have their space in the back and the adults have a private bedroom. We have the residential queen bed and you can't walk around the bottom, but you can get to each side. The kitchen island is pretty neat. I like being able to kick everybody out of the kitchen side. Nice big pantry is a bonus. The bathroom has a tub which some folks need. The best thing we did was upgrade the showerhead hose to a longer length. Well worth the few dollars! We also pulled the flow regulator out of the kitchen sink faucet because it wouldn't flow strong enough. The wood panel on the fridge looks nice, but the pins on the bottom that support it aren't quite long enough and a hard bounce will cause the panel to fall down. We fixed that by pulling the pins out and putting some industrial glue on them, then inserting them less than all the way in. Otherwise, the unit has had a few issues but nothing too huge. We did have the radio replaced under warranty. We also added another a/c unit in the master, which I do recommend doing. Also beware of running the a/c too many days in a row in really humid weather. The track can collect condensation. It's not the top end of build quality, but we haven't had any issues with it that we would call very serious.
- Rhonda W, Alabama

2019-07-07 2015 Keystone Laredo 25BH View Listings

Slide out motor quit while camping, shower wall coming unattached, outdoor speakers quit, heater didn't work, incredibly cheap gas lines cracked and leaked gas, shoddy construction with electrical outlets coming loose. This unit is stored under cover out of rain and sun. Do not buy a Laredo.
- Dave, Kansas

2019-05-25 2014 Keystone Laredo 314RE View Listings

We were campers for 10 years before moving up to the 314RE. Started with a nice 2-slide Rockwood with a small bunk room when the kids were small. Little kids LOVE bunks!! Our kids were teens when we looked for our next trailer and they loved the rear entertainment layout better than the small bunks. I searched all brands and found very few options for a 3-slide travel trailer with the "big 4" features that make a travel trailer so comfortable. Transverse 60x80 queen bed, Full-front closet, Large shower with seat and island kitchen. We could not find another trailer with those features under 9000 pounds dry. Another thing that sets is apart from other Rear Entertainment layouts is the full cabinets on the back entertainment wall but ALSO cabinets overhead on the left and right sides in the entertainment room above the love seat and above the rockers. This extra storage is PERFECT for teens to put their clothes in the overhead cabinets and plenty of room for a weeks worth of clothes and any dressy clothes can be hung in the huge front closet that my wife can't even fill up. They had one issue for the first few years of this layout with the front nose piece. Faded terrible within 1 yr and 2 yrs it will be embarrassing. Keystone stepped up and provided full base-coat/clear-coat refinishing of the front cap and new decals. 4 yrs later, this unit still gets compliments everywhere we go.
- Marc, South Carolina

2018-10-09 2012 Keystone Laredo 303TG View Listings

There are so many wonderful features in this layout it's hard to rank them. +The living space is large and roomy, it feels like a portable hotel room. +A dedicated door for the bathroom allowing access from the outside even when the slides are in. This was such a great feature when needing to cleanup or go to the bathroom while dirty or muddy, no tracking it through the living space! +Kids get their own room with the back with an area for an entertainment center. 1 dedicated bed, couch/bed and a flip-down bunk. +Mom and dad's bed is at the front of the trailer. +Has an outdoor kitchen that keeps you outside where all the fun is. +Trailer is lightweight and easy to tow. -Outdoor storage is a bit small.
- Tim, California

2018-07-18 2005 Keystone Laredo 284BH View Listings

I bought the RV Used in 2008. It was three years old and appeared to be in good condition. Floor plan was perfect for our family in that it had a rear bunkhouse and a single slide that made a larger living area. First year we noticed that the unit had leaks all over. Front cap leaked so badly that water was running into the closet and would pool within the outside storage area. Rear cap leaked, seals around the slide leaked and the the slide also leaked inside the cabinet that was over the table. Every year I would remove the old sealant and install new sealant but could never get the unit dry. The front cap eventually wrinkled and the luan rotted away. Sides de-laminated and I had to screw the fiberglass into the aluminum frame to keep them from pealing away when I was driving. I did contact Keystone early on in the process and they told me it was out of warranty and was obviously a maintenance issue anyway. I have looked at "for sale" pics of many 2005 Laredos of the same model and I noticed most of them had wrinkling of the front caps which leads me to believe it was a design defect and I am sure they knew about it. I traded it in this year, and basically had to pay the dealer to take it. I know it was an older unit now, but I worked very hard to try to take care of it but it was of poor design to start with so it was a loosing battle. What worries me is Laredo was a good name, but was bought by Thor Industries which is who my 2005 was made by. Thor seems to have a checkered reputation. Worries me more is that really there are a ton of "Companies" out there manufacturing RV's but really they are part of what appears to be about 3 companies. I think we have a monopoly going on here and maybe this needs to be looked into. I did buy a new unit but I went in with my eyes wide open and I saw the most units had obvious quality issues in manufacturing. I went into the dealership when it was raining hard to see if the units I liked seemed to have leaks...yup...Looked at a Coleman that had a serious leak issue...saw a Keystone with puddles in the storage area....the one unit I chose eventually was dry and showed no signs. Overall build quality seemed okay but things like cabinet closer needed to be adjusted or tightened. Had it a month and already the Dometic AC has a bad blower (out of balance...seems to be a very common problem with this AC unit based on the web feedback). I had a 1972 Winnebago Motor Home was running and everything was working and the interior was in decent shape. I took it from South Florida to the Carolina Mountains regularly. I sold it in 2001 and the new owner drove it away. I am not a newby to RV'ing and I know how to maintain a unit to last. SO to the point...Keystone is owned by Thor, so if you don't like Keystone do to build issues, then you have to also suspect Airstream, Bison, CrossRoads, Cruiser RV, DRV, Dutchmen, Entegra Coach, Heartland RV, Highland Ridge, Jayco, Keystone, K-Z, Livin' Lite, Redwood, Starcraft, and Venture RV. Long gone are the days where brands meant something.... Oh, don't buy a 2005 Keystone Laredo 28BH!
- Gary Matthews, North Carolina

2018-05-01 2016 Keystone Laredo 27RK View Listings

Bought our camper New last year and everything was ok until late summmer when we noticed papertowel being ripped up and the wooden lath under the fridge also got chewed up pretty bad and after talking with our neighbors who said they seen a chipmunk coming from our camper, we decided to call it a season. When I got home I crawled under they camper and noticed in a 6 spots where the underbelly was not sealed probably or never sealed at all. As 3 season camper I was told the underbelly was fully sealed which it wasn’t. I called Keystone myself after my RV dealer had failed to get the damage approved by #Keystone and they even admitted the underbelly should have been sealed but they still “Respectively Decline The Damage For Repair Umder Warranty”... also the propane tanks were rubbing against the camper and started to ware through the campers nose cap and they repair solution is to moving the brackets and rock guard over the rub marks instead of replacing the campers front nose cap ( Putting lip stick on a pick) as a repair. This is the first and last Keystone I’ll ever purchase. $42,000 for the camper and to get screwed on my warranty for 2 of their Factory screw ups is ridiculous.
- Craig Stadnyk, Alberta

2018-03-27 2014 Keystone Laredo 294RK View Listings

Slide out does not fully go out. Took unit to dealer, they adjusted, said ok. Slide still does not go all way out. Cannot open cabinet doors fully, etc. An RV friend technician discovered that the pulley brackets were incorrectly installed prohibiting slide out from functioning correctly. After 3 years we are told tough luck by Keystone, warranty expired! To properly repair, the unit would have to be dismantled to gain access to the brackets.
- Everett N Clark, Pennsylvania

2017-09-13 2015 Keystone Laredo 294RK View Listings

This rv is the worst I have ever owned. The list is to long to put down here but the front cap is turning gray,the awning fabric has shrunk and won't roll up straight and the LED lights are burned up and look like a roller coaster there is a lot more to list. I am discussed with keystone my warranty company and the hole mess I won't ever buy a keystone rv bad design,bad workman ship no quality control we spent a lot of money and got junk Water leaks holding tank cracks and leaks I am not a happy camper The floor is soft in front of the door
- John Pierson , Michigan

2017-08-22 2013 Keystone Laredo 296RL View Listings

The front end cap started fading about a year after we got it. It now needs a new paint job. Keystone refuses to accept responsibility for the paint fading. I have looked at forums and this appears to be a problem with the Laredo, Cougar and other trailers Keystone manufactures. Buyers beware!
- Edith Nesby, Texas

2017-08-03 2015 Keystone Laredo 320TG View Listings

We are going on 2 years of having this camper. Nothing but quality issues, It is very low end. We have had to replace faucets, shocks, water pump, get front painted, and issues just keep arising. We also have water damage from leaking. It leaked above closet in bedroom and 2 of the slideouts have leaked causing damage to trim & entertainment center. I believe the leaking is due to the seals, they seem to not lay correctly against the sides of slideout/camper. When I bring in slideouts in the rain a river will run across the front of my camper. I will never buy Keystone again!
- Michelle Parliament, Michigan

2017-08-01 2014 Keystone Laredo 303TG View Listings

Purchased a Laredo 303TG and loved it. I just noticed the front cap is fading really bad. This trailer has been stored inside. It's been outside for 2 months and the fading is awful. Keystone will not fix it due to the warranty being out. I started researching this and found hundreds of people in the same boat. It obviously is the gel coat used. Keystone will not stand behind their products. It's time to complain to the attorney general. I'm writing this so other people with this problem will call the attorney general. The more complaints maybe something will happen. To the people looking into buying a unit that has a brown or gray front cap DO NOT buy.
- Rachel , Pennsylvania

2017-07-18 2015 Keystone Laredo 295 View Listings

The design was initially appealing but that wore off quickly. Without exaggeration, every possible thing that could fail on this RV failed. Keystone produces JUNK and they will not help you resolve your issues.
- Michael La Riviere, New Hampshire

2017-01-13 2017 Keystone Laredo 330RL View Listings

Where do I begin? Very poor quality, everything is thin plastic, sinks, shower surround & toilet seat. No room to even dress in the bedroom, can't sit or get onto the bed. No nightstands or electric plugs near the bed. Bath very small, shower walls very flimsy, not attached to wall. Just feels very cramped over all. Moves with every step, seating very small. Good storage & counter space. Tows easily but very little cargo weight allowed.
- vegasvicki, Texas

2016-05-22 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG View Listings

This Keystone Laredo travel trailer 291TG is the perfect for those who want need the space to comfortably accommodate their family (sleeps up to 9), but also want the enjoy luxury when you are out in the woods. Also, the outdoor kitchen is perfect for those that like to cook outside and limit your trip in and out of the camper. If you are one who pays attention to detail, you'll agree that all campers are not created equal. Keystone knocked it out of the park with the Laredo line!
- Dave, Illinois

2016-03-07 2010 Keystone Laredo 303TG View Listings

Love the outdoor kitchen and the outside entrance to the bathroom and that it has outdoor speakers and TV hookup can sleep 10 and that all the jacks are electric it just has everything a camper needs.
- Mark Tietje, Maryland

2015-06-13 2012 Keystone Laredo 298RE View Listings

RV is great but only problem is don't know how to get radio to work,and no one including Keystone can tell me how.
- Roy, Saskatchewan