Keystone Laredo Reviews on RV Insider (44)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Laredo RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Don from Illinois says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2007 Keystone Laredo 265RL View Listings

We've taken this trailer on several trips to Wisconsin and the Ozarks as well as an extended trip down to Brownsville, TX and I found that because it's a fifth wheel it's much easier to hook up to and tow than a conventional travel trailer. For us the floor plan is ideal and we find the dining room table and chairs to be more comfortable than a previous unit we had that had a dinette. The queen-sized bed is the same size as is the one in the house and has a pillow top mattress for added comfort. We've babied this trailer perhaps even better than we have our house.
- Don, Illinois

2020-11-06 2021 Keystone Laredo 298 View Listings

I have used this rv for work and pleasure. Ive had it for approx 6 months. It pulls easy and came with decent 10ply tires so far I have approx 2500 miles on them. I have found some issues but quick to fix. My stove fan was sucking air instead of blowing out rear so reversed woring and fixed less than 10 min. The dump tanks are incorrectly labeled but will relabel as needed. Overall for a budget and cost of unit im pleased that i could afford a brand new unit and still be in budget. Honestly it will last as long as a 80k unit. Come to facts all is built within spec of each other. It has absolutely every option money can buy solar,winegard 360,auto level,2 kitchens,2 refrigerator,2 microwave. I did change mattress right away to a plush one..... unknown on warranty!!!!
- Dennis, Ohio

2020-09-19 2013 Keystone Laredo 250RL View Listings

Some systems on our Laredo have failed while out camping. Pull out motor, heater, radio, shower walls, toilet. The electrical wiring is poorly installed with receptacles not attached firmly. The water lines leaked under the bathroom sink. One of the four tires was not balanced resulting in a ruined tire after our 3000 mile trip. Very disappointed in this purchase.
- Dave Zumwalt, Kansas

2020-09-11 2020 Keystone Laredo 310RS View Listings

Like the floor plan.pulls good. First trip out no antenna signal to radio or tv’s. Bathroom door and bedroom closet mirror came out of tracks.Dump valves installed wrong, had to figure out which one dumps black tank.Overall quality is poor. Will not purchase another Keystone product.
- Randall, Alabama

2020-08-17 2018 Keystone Laredo 330RL18 View Listings

The Keystone Laredo is JUNK! KEYSTONE does NOT back their warranty. BUYER BEWARE! We bought our junk in Oct. of 2017. We had it delivered to our place because we didn’t have a pickup truck. From the start, nothing but trouble. The first day the gas water heater failed. The outside LED lights on the one side of the front failed. Within a week the theater recliner seats threads started falling out. Had to take camper to dealer to get new seats. They got the wrong seats. When you would recline, the seat would tip you forward and dump you off. They had the camper for 3 months and could not get it right! Called them up and told them they had the wrong seats and we wanted the right seats back. Trim inside the unit started falling off! The mattress on the queen size bed was a joke. 6” of the cheapest materials ever made. You literally were sleeping on the plywood underneath. The slides never operated properly. Had them adjusted at the dealer, but now the walls are bowing out at the top of the slides, and the pulleys inside are falling off the walls! Keystone said it is from damage! What damage? It’s due to poor manufacturing. Noticed that the pulleys were rubbing when the cables were moving 2 years ago after the adjustments but never made the connection. We went camping this summer and I was closing the slide next to the door and head the rubbing and notice how badly the wall was bowing out at the top of the slide. Within 6 months of ownership all the cabinet doors started to fall apart. They must have used cheap glue or maybe no glue. Had to reglue myself because the dealer never got back to me. Had the trim on the kitchen slide fall off. Nailed it back on myself. The kitchen chairs are falling apart. Had to reglue and bolt back together! Had the dealer fix a sink leak in the bathroom, but it still leaked. Had to buy my own faucet to replace the leaking one. The curtains are constantly falling off the wall. There is no support to hold the screws in the wall. There is a roof support that is loose and pushing up on the rubber roof! Just a matter of time till it pokes a hole through the roof! When we got the unit I noticed that the door dead bolt wouldn’t lock properly! The lock was not installed properly. The ac unit freezes up when it’s over 90 degrees out side. The black tank never drains properly. Someone said that they drill a hole into the floor and tank and let the pieces fall inside the tank and don’t remove it, so sometime in the future I will have to pull the toilet and check it for the plug! The door weather stripping is coming out from under the door. Tried to push it back up under the door with no success. Returned from camping in July to find the closet rod that you hang clothes on fell off the wall. Fixed myself. The self leveling would be nice if it actually leveled the camper. It’s always off so I carry a level when we go camping. The bedroom has staples sticking up through the carpet that ripped my wife’s and my toes open and bled. The dealer said “just pull them out”! I pulled one of the roof vents down from inside to look and see if I could tell why the roof support was coming loose, and no surprise, the insulation is not installed properly. Pulled the other vents down, and the insulation is not installed properly at those areas either. The camper is supposed to have what they call the “Polar or Arctic” package! Well, that is a joke. Don’t expect to go to any northern states in the winter unless you carry enough straw bails to keep your unit from freezing. They use1/8” corrugated plastic to insulate the bottom of the camper, and blow some heat down there from your heater. Paid $33,000 for a piece of junk. Bought it new, thinking we were going to go traveling the country when we retire next year, but I’m afraid to haul this down the road. If a slide looses its lags at the pulleys, and the slide slides out while traveling down the road and kills someone, I will be going to jail for involuntary manslaughter! What a way to enjoy retirement, in the slammer! All because I bought Keystone Junk! And the best part is I have not bought a pickup truck yet. I use my boys truck to pull the camper. We have taken the camper upstate 3 times, 62 miles each way, back to the dealer 1 time, and to the garage 3 times to get the camper inspected! Have not even pulled it 500 miles. I have never been scammed out of so much money for so much junk! BUY BEWARE!! I hope I can keep others from making the same mistake!
- Doug, Pennsylvania

2020-08-16 2010 Keystone Laredo 245RL View Listings

Awesome 5th wheel, Have Had No Issues in 2 yrs of owning. It Tows nice with the proper 1/2 Ton. Large Shower Plenty of Storage. Quality Build with Plenty of insulation. Would Like a Little more Sq. Foot Of living Space but that Has its trade offs as well. Nice mid sized choice. I can not rate the Factory Support as I got the Unit Used and well out of warranty time. would buy another. Happy Camper.
- Jim, Florida

2020-03-03 2017 Keystone Laredo 288RL View Listings

This was my first travel trailer and purchased new. I towed it with a Ford truck and was somewhat nervous so my first two years we did not go more than a tank of gas away. However in 2019, I pulled it almost 3000 miles and got gas with the trailer many times. I felt really comfortable driving it the entire trip except for several windy spots. It has automatic leveling which has been great and everything has worked well. A few problems is the awning seems to be not very good quality so we rarely use it. there is a shelf with plugs at the top of the bed and we love that aspect. The only negative is on the second half of our 3000 mile trip, the half of the fascia over the slide out fell off. We bought some different screws in CO and tightened the second half. We put in in the back of the Ford and since it was three years we did not even mention it to either Keystone or the dealer. I ended up touching up the fascia, drilled new holes and added a screw. and you cannot even tell it fell off. But I do not think it should have fallen but Keystone only used three one inch screws to hold a five foot fascia. I will check all the screws before we take it out this summer. All in all, I think we got our moneys worth but I think this year or next we will probably either buy a class A or class C. Every thing works and we added a back up/rear view camera which is worth the trip and we bought a cover for the 2nd and 3rd winters. So we will either sell it or trade it in but whoever buys it should be happy.
- William Bol, Ohio

2020-02-12 2005 Keystone Laredo 284BH View Listings

Bought this unit in 2006 used. Seemed to be a nice clean unit and the floor plan worked for our family.The dealership we purchased it from did an awesome job getting it ready for us and cleaning it up for delivery. We picked it up and took her home the next day. 1 month later the roof started to leak at the front. Apparently water was getting in at the seam between the rubber roof and the front cap. Called the dealer and they told me the unit was as is but they could repair. Hmmm, should have read the contract closer. I took it to a local dealer and they pulled the old lap sealant and applied new. Leak stopped...for a couple of months and started again. By this time water was starting the de-laminate the front cap and it was getting wrinkly. Took it back to the local service center and they redid all the seals, but they told me these RV's were notorious for leaking. OK. So in the course of the following year the water heater tank cracked at the element fitting (I lived in South Florida so it was not freeze related), the control board of the fridge had to be replaced, the gray tank developed a crack and needed to be repaired, the motor for the slide needed replacing, and the unit had water leaks everywhere. As I am comfortable with DIY projects and spent every year working on the roof making sure the leaks were no more...but the damage was done. I had de-lamination on the front cap, front side walls and rear wall. When I went to trade it in they gave me scrap value. I wont go into the molding falling off everywhere, the plumbing leaks that I chased.....basically if you see a mid 2000 Laredo RV....unless you like projects, walk away.
- Gary Matthews, Florida

2020-01-25 2017 Keystone Laredo 333BH View Listings

Poor quality. 2 years old and bedroom door came out of ceiling. Strips coming off ceiling. Both air conditioners went put after a year. Poor reception on antenna.Door fell off docking station, plug for hot water heater is so rusted I'm afraid it's going to pop. I gate this trailer and it cost 38,000 dollars.
- Serena J Flowers , Tennessee

2019-10-23 2015 Keystone Laredo 320TG View Listings

We purchased our Laredo bunkhouse new and have enjoyed it. For a family, it is a good setup. The kids have their space in the back and the adults have a private bedroom. We have the residential queen bed and you can't walk around the bottom, but you can get to each side. The kitchen island is pretty neat. I like being able to kick everybody out of the kitchen side. Nice big pantry is a bonus. The bathroom has a tub which some folks need. The best thing we did was upgrade the showerhead hose to a longer length. Well worth the few dollars! We also pulled the flow regulator out of the kitchen sink faucet because it wouldn't flow strong enough. The wood panel on the fridge looks nice, but the pins on the bottom that support it aren't quite long enough and a hard bounce will cause the panel to fall down. We fixed that by pulling the pins out and putting some industrial glue on them, then inserting them less than all the way in. Otherwise, the unit has had a few issues but nothing too huge. We did have the radio replaced under warranty. We also added another a/c unit in the master, which I do recommend doing. Also beware of running the a/c too many days in a row in really humid weather. The track can collect condensation. It's not the top end of build quality, but we haven't had any issues with it that we would call very serious.
- Rhonda W, Alabama

2019-07-07 2015 Keystone Laredo 25BH View Listings

Slide out motor quit while camping, shower wall coming unattached, outdoor speakers quit, heater didn't work, incredibly cheap gas lines cracked and leaked gas, shoddy construction with electrical outlets coming loose. This unit is stored under cover out of rain and sun. Do not buy a Laredo.
- Dave, Kansas

2019-05-25 2014 Keystone Laredo 314RE View Listings

We were campers for 10 years before moving up to the 314RE. Started with a nice 2-slide Rockwood with a small bunk room when the kids were small. Little kids LOVE bunks!! Our kids were teens when we looked for our next trailer and they loved the rear entertainment layout better than the small bunks. I searched all brands and found very few options for a 3-slide travel trailer with the "big 4" features that make a travel trailer so comfortable. Transverse 60x80 queen bed, Full-front closet, Large shower with seat and island kitchen. We could not find another trailer with those features under 9000 pounds dry. Another thing that sets is apart from other Rear Entertainment layouts is the full cabinets on the back entertainment wall but ALSO cabinets overhead on the left and right sides in the entertainment room above the love seat and above the rockers. This extra storage is PERFECT for teens to put their clothes in the overhead cabinets and plenty of room for a weeks worth of clothes and any dressy clothes can be hung in the huge front closet that my wife can't even fill up. They had one issue for the first few years of this layout with the front nose piece. Faded terrible within 1 yr and 2 yrs it will be embarrassing. Keystone stepped up and provided full base-coat/clear-coat refinishing of the front cap and new decals. 4 yrs later, this unit still gets compliments everywhere we go.
- Marc, South Carolina

2019-03-13 2012 Keystone Laredo 266RL View Listings

We liked the way the 5th wheel tows. You do not know the 5th wheel is being towed, that it is back there. We love the high ceilings. The 5th wheel is just so comfortable. We replaced the mattress with a high end Denver RV mattress, very nice. All the amenities like the Entertainment equipment, Frig, Stove, storage, the pull out bed with an air mattress are all great. The slides all work well. The shower is very nice. The toilet is in it's own compartment for privacy. The whole front of the Camper is a Mirrored closet. LOTS AND LOTS of storage.
- Ben Bryer, North Carolina

2019-01-15 2017 Keystone Laredo 340FL View Listings

my wife and i purchased this as a left over in the spring of 2018 we love the floor plan and it is a beautiful camper then we picked it up on day 1 the slide was out of adjustment and ripped the floor in the kitchen,and so the list goes on we find a chip on the counter, 2 cupboards need doors replaced, you can see out side around the skylight, we had a propane leak, found the recliner was broken,fridge problems,and to finish the season off the main water valve is bad and floods the front of the camper before its caught and stopped. after all of this yes even after the front half of the camper was completely flooded with water running out of it keystone still says they do not see a issue with the camper the dealer checked the moisture levels 3 months later and they we not to high your camper is now ready to be picked back up. hopefully this will help a few people out during there rv purchase and think about what keystone will say if you have any big issues
- Derrick J Jefferson, New York

2018-11-06 2008 Keystone Laredo 300RL View Listings

This was awesome to live in for a year. So much space, a ton of storage space, comfy recliner couch, nice closed bathroom, roomy slideouts and nice awning. Loved this RV and traveling in it. Grandpa was the original owner and took very good care of it. Many newly replaced items will add to the lifespan of the RV and quality.
- Joshua Cunningham , Tennessee

2018-10-09 2012 Keystone Laredo 303TG View Listings

There are so many wonderful features in this layout it's hard to rank them. +The living space is large and roomy, it feels like a portable hotel room. +A dedicated door for the bathroom allowing access from the outside even when the slides are in. This was such a great feature when needing to cleanup or go to the bathroom while dirty or muddy, no tracking it through the living space! +Kids get their own room with the back with an area for an entertainment center. 1 dedicated bed, couch/bed and a flip-down bunk. +Mom and dad's bed is at the front of the trailer. +Has an outdoor kitchen that keeps you outside where all the fun is. +Trailer is lightweight and easy to tow. -Outdoor storage is a bit small.
- Tim, California

2018-09-04 2018 Keystone Laredo 325RL View Listings

Really like the floor plan but hate the lack of quality. A/C leaks water on floor when it rains because gasket between A/C and roof installed incorrectly. Slide stopped working the day I brought home from dealer. First time out discovered issue with TVs, only had channels on the bedroom tv, the other two did not work due to loose cable connections under the floor of the camper. Screw fell out of trash can drawer slide, had to replace with longer screw and add bracing due to flimsy design. I’ve reattached several pieces of trim that have fallen off inside the outdoor kitchen. Looks like the nail gun at the factory was shooting blanks. Either the gray or black water tank valves leak, get a nasty surprise when removing cap to install sewer hose. Local Keystone dealer refused to work on because I didn’t purchase from them. I’ve owned the camper for 3 months and have found issues on every one of the 3 trips we’ve taken. This is the third keystone I have owned over the previous 14 years but after this experience I’ll never buy a keystone brand again.
- Keith , Texas

2018-07-18 2005 Keystone Laredo 284BH View Listings

I bought the RV Used in 2008. It was three years old and appeared to be in good condition. Floor plan was perfect for our family in that it had a rear bunkhouse and a single slide that made a larger living area. First year we noticed that the unit had leaks all over. Front cap leaked so badly that water was running into the closet and would pool within the outside storage area. Rear cap leaked, seals around the slide leaked and the the slide also leaked inside the cabinet that was over the table. Every year I would remove the old sealant and install new sealant but could never get the unit dry. The front cap eventually wrinkled and the luan rotted away. Sides de-laminated and I had to screw the fiberglass into the aluminum frame to keep them from pealing away when I was driving. I did contact Keystone early on in the process and they told me it was out of warranty and was obviously a maintenance issue anyway. I have looked at "for sale" pics of many 2005 Laredos of the same model and I noticed most of them had wrinkling of the front caps which leads me to believe it was a design defect and I am sure they knew about it. I traded it in this year, and basically had to pay the dealer to take it. I know it was an older unit now, but I worked very hard to try to take care of it but it was of poor design to start with so it was a loosing battle. What worries me is Laredo was a good name, but was bought by Thor Industries which is who my 2005 was made by. Thor seems to have a checkered reputation. Worries me more is that really there are a ton of "Companies" out there manufacturing RV's but really they are part of what appears to be about 3 companies. I think we have a monopoly going on here and maybe this needs to be looked into. I did buy a new unit but I went in with my eyes wide open and I saw the most units had obvious quality issues in manufacturing. I went into the dealership when it was raining hard to see if the units I liked seemed to have leaks...yup...Looked at a Coleman that had a serious leak issue...saw a Keystone with puddles in the storage area....the one unit I chose eventually was dry and showed no signs. Overall build quality seemed okay but things like cabinet closer needed to be adjusted or tightened. Had it a month and already the Dometic AC has a bad blower (out of balance...seems to be a very common problem with this AC unit based on the web feedback). I had a 1972 Winnebago Motor Home was running and everything was working and the interior was in decent shape. I took it from South Florida to the Carolina Mountains regularly. I sold it in 2001 and the new owner drove it away. I am not a newby to RV'ing and I know how to maintain a unit to last. SO to the point...Keystone is owned by Thor, so if you don't like Keystone do to build issues, then you have to also suspect Airstream, Bison, CrossRoads, Cruiser RV, DRV, Dutchmen, Entegra Coach, Heartland RV, Highland Ridge, Jayco, Keystone, K-Z, Livin' Lite, Redwood, Starcraft, and Venture RV. Long gone are the days where brands meant something.... Oh, don't buy a 2005 Keystone Laredo 28BH!
- Gary Matthews, North Carolina

2018-05-01 2016 Keystone Laredo 27RK View Listings

Bought our camper New last year and everything was ok until late summmer when we noticed papertowel being ripped up and the wooden lath under the fridge also got chewed up pretty bad and after talking with our neighbors who said they seen a chipmunk coming from our camper, we decided to call it a season. When I got home I crawled under they camper and noticed in a 6 spots where the underbelly was not sealed probably or never sealed at all. As 3 season camper I was told the underbelly was fully sealed which it wasn’t. I called Keystone myself after my RV dealer had failed to get the damage approved by #Keystone and they even admitted the underbelly should have been sealed but they still “Respectively Decline The Damage For Repair Umder Warranty”... also the propane tanks were rubbing against the camper and started to ware through the campers nose cap and they repair solution is to moving the brackets and rock guard over the rub marks instead of replacing the campers front nose cap ( Putting lip stick on a pick) as a repair. This is the first and last Keystone I’ll ever purchase. $42,000 for the camper and to get screwed on my warranty for 2 of their Factory screw ups is ridiculous.
- Craig Stadnyk, Alberta

2018-03-27 2014 Keystone Laredo 294RK View Listings

Slide out does not fully go out. Took unit to dealer, they adjusted, said ok. Slide still does not go all way out. Cannot open cabinet doors fully, etc. An RV friend technician discovered that the pulley brackets were incorrectly installed prohibiting slide out from functioning correctly. After 3 years we are told tough luck by Keystone, warranty expired! To properly repair, the unit would have to be dismantled to gain access to the brackets.
- Everett N Clark, Pennsylvania

2017-12-30 2010 Keystone Laredo 265RL View Listings

This trailer is made by keystone a well-known manufacture of Rv's. Over the years I've never had any trouble with the Rv other than replacing the tires. This Rv can be used with a half ton pick up truck. The fifth wheel hitch also comes with the travel trailer.
- Boyd Parish, Texas

2017-11-28 2017 Keystone Laredo 325RL View Listings

Picked this unit up March 2017 4 outings, 3000 miles,62 days of camping. This is a great unit, everything works, tows great, good floor plan. Lets be fair, this is a mid level unit and must be reviewed as such. Don't judge it against a unit costing twice as much. To us it is a 5 star unit. I think the best features are the 3 TV's, and that Norcold 4 door refrigerator/freezer. We use the outside kitchen every trip.
- Frank G, Ohio

2017-11-13 2012 Keystone Laredo 23RB View Listings

The trailer is OK it is just that the manufacturer is poor. I contacted Keystone's customer service for some information and months later have still not had any reply. So don't expect any after sales service from Keystone.
- Michael Cote, Alberta

2017-10-03 2018 Keystone Laredo 340FL View Listings

We have had nothing but problems with this 5th wheel. The refrigerator now the slides it's been in service for longer than we've owned it,sad that original keystone sold out it used to be quality not quantity. Something that should have been an awesome experience has turned into a nightmare for us.
- Smith, Michigan

2017-09-13 2015 Keystone Laredo 294RK View Listings

This rv is the worst I have ever owned. The list is to long to put down here but the front cap is turning gray,the awning fabric has shrunk and won't roll up straight and the LED lights are burned up and look like a roller coaster there is a lot more to list. I am discussed with keystone my warranty company and the hole mess I won't ever buy a keystone rv bad design,bad workman ship no quality control we spent a lot of money and got junk Water leaks holding tank cracks and leaks I am not a happy camper The floor is soft in front of the door
- John Pierson , Michigan