Keystone Hideout RVs Reviews (42)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Hideout RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Phillip Savage from Georgia says:

Have you owned any Keystone Hideout RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Hideout 212LHS View Listings

On the maiden voyage of our camper, we noticed a number of things wrong with the unit. A support for the bunk was snapped in half, the dead bolt would not engage, there was a 2 inch gap between the door and the door frame, the microwave had a broken part, the sink squirted in multiple directions and a list of other problems. These issues should have been caught before it ever left the dealer. Keystone should have been more sympathetic to their customer concerns instead of telling them that that is what the warranty is for. The unit was in the shop for the first month of ownership and it still isn't repaired properly. Keystones response is "what do you expect us to do?" I expect you to treat me like you appreciate my business not just my money
- Phillip Savage, Georgia

2019-06-11 2018 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS View Listings

My family has loved this RV. With the extra room in the back for the kids, they can enjoy their own space. I would recommend this RV to anyone who has children. We have enjoyed the outdoor kitchen. It's easier for everyone outside to get drinks and eats and not have to go into the camper. Cooking outdoors is always more fun, especially when camping. The large canopy has added extra shade on those hot summer days. There is plenty of cooking space inside and the size makes moving around manageable for everyone. We have loved the two bathrooms, especially when there are children involve. Eating around the u-shaped dinette brings everyone together for enjoyable conversation. The camper is light weight and easy to pull with your truck. When parking, setting up has been quick and easy. If you have a family and love to experience the outdoors, this is the camper for you!
- Doris Ware, South Dakota

2019-06-05 2019 Keystone Hideout 262LHS View Listings

bought this camper off the showroom floor. Overall very disappointed with the RV. The outer shell was cut short and it has culking that looks like crap covering it up. the culking job on the entire camper looks like junk, the dinette trim fell off the 1st time we took it out. The Door handle and door handle plate fell off, all 4 jacks are rusted and paint fell off, The shower handles fell off, the door in the main bedroom the door slider is broke. Keep in mind we have only taken this camper out 3 times since we bought it at the end of march 2019. My Fiance and I bought a new camper to not have headaches and enjoy camping but we have a major headache dealing with this. We Will NOT be purchasing another Keystone camper again.
- adam gragg, Iowa

2019-05-21 2016 Keystone Hideout 38FQTS View Listings

Not satisfied at all with service.Great sales men ship terrible warranty and support. There is leaks in since I purchased and all I do is fight with service on the phone. Two leaks since purchase and now leaking again in the same spots. Please help us stop shifting us from keystone to dealer ship tired of all the phone call I have to make.Someone take responsibility and help we did spend alot
- Andelka Lescesen, Ontario

2019-05-20 2017 Keystone Hideout 252LHS View Listings

First year of using our brand new Keystone Hideout 252LHS we had these problems (repaired by warranty): * Defective/leaking bedroom window * Broken refrigerator fan * Defective gray water indicator * Defect in rear door (door replaced) * Leaking propane tank pigtail hose Problems Keystone refused to fix: * Broken Furrian DVD player * Intermittent defect in potable water indicator * Broken leaf spring on rear wheel * Defective shower hose Their campers are cheaply made and they'll make any excuse in order to deny your warranty claim.
- Steve Stratman, Minnesota

2019-05-17 2014 Keystone Hideout 24RLSWE View Listings

The floor plan of this model is what sold us on this model.The matress as in most rvs was very hard so bought foam topper which solved that.Two of the cupboard doors literally fell off in our hands but other than these issues the trailer was quite comfortable.My main complaint however is that while we were camping far away from any repair shop my wife said she smelled propane so i tracked it down to the main hose which enters the trailer and tried to tighten it but discovered it was coming from the fitting which was not crimped properly.This is a very dangerous oversite in manufacturing.Turns out the hose and fittings were made in china.SUBSTandard!When we purchased the trailer we had to pay the rv dealer a $280.00 fee for a pressure test on the propane system.This was not done.They took the money and said it was.
- J.taylor, British Columbia

2019-04-06 2010 Keystone Hideout 23RB View Listings

We are sizing down and sadly selling our Keystone. I love this trailer. It is fabulous quality, great floor plan and the finishes are superior to any other similar brands we shopped for. At 4600 pounds dry it easily tows with a 1/2 ton pick up and is easier to park than longer models. The central ducted heating and air is so comfortable, the walk around queen is awesome. A double door refrigerator/freezer has lots of room and the amount of storage both in and outside is amazing. We were able to put a queen sleep number bed in ours and also a electric clothes washer spinner in the bathroom cabinet. If we still needed the room we would not sell it.
- Jeanette , California

2019-03-20 2019 Keystone Hideout 318LHS View Listings

Bought this RV brand new. Showed up to dealership with a long scratch on the front side, one of the bunkhouse mattresses had a long tear in it, and the bathroom sink had 2 large deep scratches in it. Very poor quality. How did this ever leave the assembly line to be delivered to a customer? Where is the Quality Control at this company? Keystone manufactures cheap campers with the cheapest parts available. Not at all happy with Keystone.
- Keith, Missouri

2018-09-29 2016 Keystone Hideout 24RLSWE View Listings

The 2016 RKS would be more sturdy if it were made out of cardboard. The walls are paper thin, door randomly falls off the sliders, the fake wallpaper peels, converter blew right after we purchased it. We bought ours at one year old and spent thousands making repairs. Total piece of garbage.
- Brittney, Oregon

2018-09-11 2017 Keystone Hideout 295BHS View Listings

Our new camper has a ripped awning. When weretract the awning one side makes it noise that just started. The window latches will not last. Very disappointed. Keystone days it is our fault. This is our 4 the camper. We are not new to awning care.
- Linda Lerum, Wisconsin

2018-09-06 2018 Keystone Hideout 29BHS View Listings

We purchased another Keystone product this may. About 10 days ago we discovered a tear in the awning. We have been declined for any help under the warranty. I honestly wished we would have paid closer attention when picking out this camper. There are few outlets and lights on the ceiling with no switches. I am short. The latches on the windows seem like they won't last another summer. A strip in the bathroom wall is coming away already.
- Linda Lerum, Wisconsin

2018-08-07 2018 Keystone Hideout 298BHDS View Listings

The light switches for the main part of the camper are high on the wall near the bathroom door and can only be accessed after entering and climbing two tall steps, 11" each - not good for bad knees! My husband who is 6' tall can reach the switches, I am 5'6" and cannot without climbing the stairs.) Other than that, the only light switch in the camper that is on the wall is in the bathroom, the rest of them you have to reach to the ceiling to turn on. The storage cabinets around the TV are very narrow/shallow they could be twice as deep, provide much more storage and still not infringe the movement of the slide. The tall narrow pantry by the fridge has only two shelves in it therefore there is a lot of wasted space at the top of each compartment. They should have put three shelves in, it would have been a much better use of the space. There is a lot of storage space if you lift up the board for the lower bunk, but it is not easily accessible. This would have been nice to be able to access from the outside as well. Also, the door to the bunkroom opens into the very small floorspace, rather than out into the main room against a wall that only has the thermostat on it. Poor planning! I like the layout of the main cabin with the island. It provides much-needed storage for the kitchen area. I added a short cabinet at the end of the island closest to the door so that we could have easy access to flashlights, etc. This is another area of space that was wasted that should have had a cabinet installed. I like the shelf under the microwave for putting a coffeemaker. The TV is on an arm that extends, making it easy to view from the sofa. The bathroom has a nice linen closet with good storage, and the shower has a bench. I really like the tall cabinet for hang up clothes as well as the dresser in the bedroom. Very nice! This camper has better under storage than many of the campers we looked at. Be aware that most of these models no longer have the sink in the outside kitchen just a short mini fridge and the grill. I have mixed feelings about this camper. I like the layout but the inconvenience/effort of climbing the tall steps just to turn on the interior lights, and the lack of good planning regarding storage, make it very difficult for me to give this a good review. Since we bought this new, we will use the camper for a few years but I'm already thinking about our next one.
- DebiDime, Kansas

2018-07-08 2018 Keystone Hideout 212LHS View Listings

Bought this brand new, this is the 3rd same unitvwe had to find to get one someone acceptable, 1st unit had while front panel behind bed coming unstuck, Camping World in Harrisburg would not fix. 2nd unit was in Syracuse NY and it was with many many factory flaws and we bought it only to find it was sold and transferred to the Harrisburg location. Sold us the other new unit that when we pickup up found a large dent in front of unit, the paper on the wall to right, while wall paper was coming undone. Said they would fix under warranty- waiting to see if, when, and quality of work
- Kristen Post, Pennsylvania

2018-07-08 2018 Keystone Hideout 212LHS View Listings

Bought this brand new, this is the 3rd same unit we had to find to get one somewhat acceptable, 1st unit had whole front panel behind bed coming unstuck, Camping World in Harrisburg would not fix. 2nd unit was in Syracuse NY and it was with many many factory flaws and we bought it only to find it was sold and transferred to the Harrisburg location. Sold us the other new unit that when we picked up found a large dent in front of unit, the paper on the wall to right, whole wall paper was coming undone. Said they would fix under warranty- waiting to see if, when, and quality of work
- Kristen Post, Pennsylvania

2018-06-22 2014 Keystone Hideout 24RLSWE View Listings

Let me staart off by saying that I looked at this trailer first, then looked at @15 other ones only to come back to this Keystone Hideout. It was the floor plan that sold me. My husband and I didn't need a couch in addition to the two chairs and the u-shaped booth dinette. The price was better and the towing weight was great. It still had everything we wanted and needed. My huband could be in the living room area watching tv as I slept in the bedroom peacefully. The dinette was perfect for playing games with one another or we could turn it into a bed and watch tv while laying down. The heater was great when we needed it in Albuquerque, New Mexico and the AC works so good that I actually have to put on a beanie to keep my head warm. Here in Henderson, Nevada that is a must! This little trailer is perfect!
- Felecia Spears, Nevada

2018-06-20 2017 Keystone Hideout 30BHKS View Listings

We bought a brand new 2017 In Sept. 2016. We have had nothing but problems with it. To start off the new 2017 camping season our 5th wheel had multiple problems. 1) propane doors flew open going down the road, furnace didn’t work, problems with air conditioning, shower doors coming unlatched, and awning multiple pinholes from rivets or screws not in properly on the top of the fifth wheel. Took it back to where we got the camper to get it fixed, they said the furnace/ air conditioner was not turned on properly, but my husband and I are not idiots, we know to turn the switch to heat or cool and to turn it on to auto. Bathroom door, they said it wasn’t being latched, and again, I know to open the shower doors and put the hook over the door handle to keep it from moving, however whenever we moved the fifth wheel to come home or to camp the doors would be unlatched. Now we went camping this past weekend, got into the camper and the shower shower door glass shattered. Propane doors, they did something but it never did hold, doors still come open going down the road. Overall I would give Keystone RV a 1. An unhappy customer for sure
- Michelle K Nelson, Iowa

2018-05-04 2017 Keystone Hideout 242LHS View Listings

Bought ours May 2017. Within 6 hrs off the lot, water everywhere after we connected to the city water. Turns out two issues, one under the kitchen sink with a leaking pipe to the faucet, and then the actual fresh water tank that had a crack. We’ve had trailers before. Wish we had read reviews. If you want a “Light” trailer. This is the one for you, but don’t expect to be able to have closet space for things such as jackets. Two small closets in the bedroom for your clothing is limited. The vacuum, located between the two Cpt chairs, is handy, but don’t expect to be able to vacuum the bedroom.. not enough hose to reach. The bathroom is fine, but be ready to purchase over the door hangers, there is nowhere to hang towels Love the slide. Gives Lots of space.. just make sure you take the smoke detector that is right in front of it off the ceiling. Ours popped off the first time the slide came in. Didn’t put it back. Sad that we can’t put pictures up, but there is literally no where to hang anything (little brad nails into nothing, hangs nothing.
- Theresa, British Columbia

2018-04-30 2018 Keystone Hideout 177LHS View Listings

We just bought a Hideout 177LHS from Gardeeners RV in Great Falls.MT. We love the floor plan, the big picture window in the dining area. Perfect for 2 people. We've scheduled our first camping trip to Glacier for 4 days over Memorial Day. The salesman (Todd) very nice & helpful.
- Victor Swett, Montana

2018-02-18 2016 Keystone Hideout 298BHDS View Listings

Purchase brand new. We had a few small warranty issues in the first year that were covered with no problem. We like the mid profile with good aerodynamics. The built in central vacuum is usually something you see in only the high end models. The kitchen and living layout is great for big gatherings.
- Kevin Kmet, Michigan

2017-10-26 2016 Keystone Hideout 26LHSWE View Listings

As with many of the other reviewers we really liked the layout and thought we were buying quality. As we started to look around we realized the poor workmanship throughout. The biggest issue is the siding on the driver side bowing out on the road. My understanding is that it is off of the brackets that hold it to the trailer. NOT COVERED by warranty after 1 year. The cost to repair is $800-$1500. The tire skirt also is continently coming loose and must be re-screwed every trip.
- Mark Giorgio, Utah

2017-09-06 2017 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS View Listings

Great overall camper but when dumping the black water from the rear bathroom you have to literally get on your hands and knees to pull the valve which if anyone knows that's not very sanitary at a dump station.
- Racheal LaMar , Michigan

2017-07-30 2015 Keystone Hideout 32BHTS View Listings

Best Rv we have owned . No problems at all . We love the layout and island kitchen . Plenty of room. It has plenty of storage . The outdoor kitchen is a must. I would defiantly buy another keystone hideout .
- Kim, Ohio

2017-07-13 2016 Keystone Hideout 31BHDS View Listings

My husband and I enjoyed camping in the Hideout. It has plenty of room,storage and nice amenities. We love the automatic Awning, the outside Kitchen and LED lights. We'd probably switch out all lights with LEDs. The bed is Very comfortable and love that the TV will rotate around so we can watch it in bed. The other bunks are great and family members say they sleep fine, as well as the grandkids on the dining table/bed. I wish we had just a shower instead of combo, but bathroom works good for us. Kitchen(inside) is roomy and looks really nice with the stainless steel appliances!
- Sherry Russell, North Carolina

2017-06-29 2013 Keystone Hideout 38FDDS View Listings

This trailer served me well to live in while I was working on improving a piece of property. I was living in it while Hurricane Matthew went through and it didn't leak, didn't shake, and kept me safe. I recommend this trailer for anyone who needs a place to stay while working away from home, or parked on a beach/lake lot for a weekend getaway.
- Brandon Coleman, North Carolina

2017-06-27 2011 Keystone Hideout 27DBS View Listings

I bought my travel trailer about a year ago. This was my very first one. I wasn't to sure about how it would be on the road. It pulls down the road like a champ. Never had any issues with it. I love the space it has from front to back. I would recommend Keystone to anyone who wants to purchase an RV.
- Katherine Eversole, Texas