Keystone Hideout Reviews on RV Insider (57)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Hideout RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Phillip Savage from Georgia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Hideout 212LHS View Listings

On the maiden voyage of our camper, we noticed a number of things wrong with the unit. A support for the bunk was snapped in half, the dead bolt would not engage, there was a 2 inch gap between the door and the door frame, the microwave had a broken part, the sink squirted in multiple directions and a list of other problems. These issues should have been caught before it ever left the dealer. Keystone should have been more sympathetic to their customer concerns instead of telling them that that is what the warranty is for. The unit was in the shop for the first month of ownership and it still isn't repaired properly. Keystones response is "what do you expect us to do?" I expect you to treat me like you appreciate my business not just my money
- Phillip Savage, Georgia

2020-08-17 2020 Keystone Hideout 26LHSWE View Listings

I have had my new 2020 out twice with in 50 miles from home. The first time the front compartment filled up with water getting haft my stuff wet and the second I had to put screws in the siding to keep it on until I got home, 25k for this. Would not tell my friends to buy one.
- Richard ratliff, Idaho

2020-07-29 2015 Keystone Hideout 28BHS View Listings

This was the worst purchase we have ever made, run from the Keystone products. From new ours spent more time in the shop for various little repairs, which meant we did not use it much at all. Then the warranty ends and still issues like the outer side wall bulging out when we were driving, which they supposedly fixed once in the beginning. Then we just about lost our AC unit as the bolts had not been secured properly. We later had leaks from the AC unit. Then the walls and windows were leaking. Then the front of the unit ended up leaking and we had to pay $500.00 to get everything resealed. It has been a money pit, so cheaply put together and they do not stand behind their products at all. Their statements on their website are totally misleading, as they are not built to last at all..
- Chelsea Sheppard, Alberta

2020-07-02 2019 Keystone Hideout 38FQTS View Listings

2 windows blown out in a months time. Camper is and has been parked as a permanent at a campground. Keystone wont cover it all. Claim its not an issue. That it falls under limited warranty. Aren't these supposed to withstand heat and cold.
- Nakia, Wisconsin

2020-06-26 2016 Keystone Hideout 24RLSWE View Listings

We also had screws come out of fenders. We had the roofing material peel back and the roof is leaking. Trying to get it fixed but looks like whole roof is going to be replaced. First camper has been a disappointment.
- D Osburn, Texas

2020-06-17 2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE View Listings

Have had the unit for five years. Never even had one problem. Been on many trips up and down the west coast. It isn’t the best build out there but for the price I would never complain hideout 24bhwe..
- Bob , California

2020-05-18 2017 Keystone Hideout 23RKSWE View Listings

Was and still is a piece of s**t. the quality of the trailer is completely substandard!!! I bought it in fall of 2016 and it was delivered spring of 2017. The interior paneling and door frames are built of second class materials and all of the fasteners have been replaced by me and other carpenters. To be very blunt and truthful my sons high school shop class could build a better trailer! As for trade in value it is COMPLETELY NON EXISTANT!!!! No other RV dealership even wants it on their lot
- Trevor, Alberta

2020-05-09 2018 Keystone Hideout 28BHS View Listings

I purchased my travel trailer March 16 2019. I noticed that the aluminum siding seemed to be warped out from the passenger side near the top between the back door and the back speaker. I notified Keystone about the problem in June 2019 via phone calls and e-mail. I was given a few Keystone dealers of which one was in Lubbock, Texas. I called this Keystone dealer and told them about Keystone giving them as the dealer to contact about the problem. This Keystone dealer asked if I have purchased the unit at their store. I told them that I had purchased the RV in Cleburne, Texas. The Lubbock Keystone dealer said that since I had not purchased the RV at their store they would not be able to help me with any warranty work. I got back with Keystone and they said to take my RV to Camping World ( another authorized Keystone Dealer in Lubbock that was not on the original authorized dealer list sent by Keystone ) I took my RV to Camping World of Lubbock. Camping World of Lubbock advised me that the aluminum siding was letting loose of the aluminum siding. I called Keystone back an talked to the same Retailer Advisor/ Owner Relations at Keystone. She would not go with Camping Worlds advice but said that the unit would have to be placed in a controlled environment to see if the aluminum siding was flexing because of heat and cold. I do not know of any RV dealers around here that would have a controlled environment to do such a test. ( In my opinion the Keystone Representative was simple finding a way to avoid the obvious. ) It is now May of 2020 and I still have the original problem of the siding staples letting the aluminum siding loose but have now noticed that the aluminum siding is doing the same thing on the driver’s side near the front of the RV above the master bedroom window. I would hope that this review would help folks out that are thinking about purchasing a Keystone straight pull trailer that has aluminum siding on it. ( Unhappy in Slaton, Texas 🙁 ) Terry Melugin
- Terry Melugin, Texas

2020-02-03 2020 Keystone Hideout 175LHS View Listings

Do NOT buy this RV!!! I purchased a brand new 2020 in October 2019, here is a list of current issues to date: Awning opened while I was driving and broke into pieces, Keystone does not want to repair under warranty. Microwave doesn't open, you need to pry it open to use. Screens on door and window ripped off in wind. Heater is ridiculously loud. Stairs cannot be opened onto uneven or imperfect ground or you cannot close door; I had to completely remove legs so I could even close door. Table had a giant crack in it within days of receiving, if it wasn't already there. Mattress and carpet and wood beneath retain ridiculous moisture and have ruined mattress and caused mould throughout area beneath bed. Benches are uncomfortable and even with cheap stickers do not remain in place. Tank sensors have never worked accurately. Literally no idea when to empty tanks. Blinds tensile cords are too tight and yanked screws from wall. All the blinds are horrendously cheap and kitchen blinds pieces fell apart within first week. The rust!!! In 4 months, the amount of rust on stairs, etc. is ridiculous! The fridge is too cold with no way to adjust. Freezer freezes over fast!! Most of the screws inside were not even screwed in all the way. And the customer service and warranty service? Forget it, they won't repair anything and no one will service it if I did not purchase it at their location. I am stuck with a 26k lemon. Seriously, stay away from this cheap garbage.
- Maia Stonebridge , British Columbia

2019-11-29 2018 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS View Listings

very nice rv for what you pay.floor plan is great feels much bigger then it is.full fiberglass front is a plus. 5th wheel is best way to pull and more stable. keystone has been making rv for a long time and they seem to have it down.take care of it and it will serve you well.
- Dennis D, Colorado

2019-11-25 2011 Keystone Hideout 30BHDS View Listings

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME alpine haus AMSTERDAM NY it is the worst place to deal with.We payed to stored our trailer there a they damaged it upon taking it out.3 years and it's still not fixed properly.Edward and Dominic Cox at Alpin haus service dept are liars and crooks.they will do the bare minimum in hopes you drive away and not notice the terrible workmanship.Alpine haus ripped my trailer apart 5 times each time making our trailer worse than it was before..As of 11/12/19 Edward called and said it's all set you are going to love it I inspected it myself Edward Cox said.When I looked at my trailer I was in horror.not only was the J-wrap a different color the J-wrap wasn't even attached,it wasn't trimmed properly it was just thrown on the seems were going the wrong way.tjey also took it upon themselves to make alterations to our trailer that were not factory(looked like crap).when we confronted Edward and Dominic Cox at Alpin haus service Dept.we were told its to bad this is what you get, were not doing any more it's to sucks for you .Now our trailer looks like it was built with random parts and pieces.We are Beyond Devastated.
- Shane, New York

2019-10-29 2018 Keystone Hideout 232LHS View Listings

One more reason to be disappointed with Keystone quality. Less than 15 months old and the up-down switch in my electric hitch lift fails. More corners cut. Happy with the dealer but not the failures on the camper.
- Mark, Idaho

2019-10-15 2015 Keystone Hideout 26RLS View Listings

I purchased this trailer new in the winter or 2015. It has proven to be a pure lemon and must have been made on a Monday or Friday. Problems include: 1. The air conditioner was not working on our first camping trip and had to be repaired. 2. There were a whole string of small repairs that had to be made on the same trip back to the dealer we made to fix the air conditioner. 3. The first major trip the roof developed a serious leak that became clear when we were 700 miles from home. Had to do a field repair with the usual roof repair putty. 4. The dealer did a followup repair when we returned home, but damage was already done and we didn't realize it. One year later we had a major roof failure and the first foot or so of the membrane came loose. The problem was clearly related to an overdriven screw that had created the original leak. The frame did not dry out and rotted creating the more serious problem in 2016. The repair cost me nearly $2000 and Keystone refused to cover the repair under warranty. Worse, I wrote them a followup letter after they denied the claim on the phone and they never even showed the common courtesy to answer my letter. 5. It is not clear if this is an original problem, but the tires on one axle of the trailer are now worn out due to an alignment problem. I suspect they were bad to begin with because it is the rear axle and it is hard to imagine how the real axle could get pushed out of alignment and the front axle did not. 6. It has become apparent the trailer has a fundamental design flaw. There are multiple ways to jam the mechanism for the slideout that can cause damage. We haven't totally messed it up, but it no longer works optimally because we jammed in by accident more than once. 7. This trailer originally came without a spare tire and a hand crank for the hitch. I quickly learned both were essential and costing me around $500 that should have been unnecesary. In any case, I would never ever recommend anyone buy a trailer made by Keystone. This trailer is a piece of junk, and the company was totally unresponsive to my complaints. I'm planning to replace it in the next year, but I surely will not consider anything made by Keystone after this experience.
- Gary Pavlis, Indiana

2019-08-12 2018 Keystone Hideout View Listings

Just a quick note here rather than go on too much. While generally pleased, maybe to avoid too much buyer's remorse, I have just found a general lack of pride in manufacturing. I'm pretty handy so fixing small things is not a problem but things just seem to have been done on the cheap with the lack of final quality control and attention to usability that I might have expected of the brand.
- Mark, Idaho

2019-07-19 2017 Keystone Hideout 175LHS View Listings

DONT BUY this model keystone hideout 175LHS. SAFETY HAZARD:The exhaust for furnace is beside entry door, within a 2 year olds reach from ground-extremely hot. The fridge exterior vent covers have 1/4 gap between cover locks, (at the top of very cheap plastic cover)that allows water to flow between cover into wall, resulting in dry rot within 1-2 years. The bunk bed cross support snapped when trying to make bed- made with 3/4 inch thick pine, not strong enough.
- Don odell, Oregon

2019-07-06 2014 Keystone Hideout 38FKDS View Listings

We purchased our Keystone Hideout 4 years ago, which we've left on a permanent site. At first there were a few "housekeeping issues - metal shavings embedded in the carpet, a broken leg, missing blinds, and the exterior shower hose and wand were missing. We suspect that the unit may have been used as a rental and we got taken. However, we were so excited about having a brand new unit that we didn't bother to go back to the dealership - our bad. We closed it up and when we came back for season 2 there was water in the camper. Never found the leak. We were even more careful about closing up - making sure the slide was nice and clean and dry before we pulled it in. Season 3 - we came back to find the plywood on the dinette delaminating. We still couldn't find a leak. Season 4. The floor is rotting out. We suspect that the moisture is getting in from underneath. The warranty won't cover any of our issues.
- mckni2017, New York

2019-06-11 2018 Keystone Hideout 308BHDS View Listings

My family has loved this RV. With the extra room in the back for the kids, they can enjoy their own space. I would recommend this RV to anyone who has children. We have enjoyed the outdoor kitchen. It's easier for everyone outside to get drinks and eats and not have to go into the camper. Cooking outdoors is always more fun, especially when camping. The large canopy has added extra shade on those hot summer days. There is plenty of cooking space inside and the size makes moving around manageable for everyone. We have loved the two bathrooms, especially when there are children involve. Eating around the u-shaped dinette brings everyone together for enjoyable conversation. The camper is light weight and easy to pull with your truck. When parking, setting up has been quick and easy. If you have a family and love to experience the outdoors, this is the camper for you!
- Doris Ware, South Dakota

2019-06-05 2019 Keystone Hideout 262LHS View Listings

bought this camper off the showroom floor. Overall very disappointed with the RV. The outer shell was cut short and it has culking that looks like crap covering it up. the culking job on the entire camper looks like junk, the dinette trim fell off the 1st time we took it out. The Door handle and door handle plate fell off, all 4 jacks are rusted and paint fell off, The shower handles fell off, the door in the main bedroom the door slider is broke. Keep in mind we have only taken this camper out 3 times since we bought it at the end of march 2019. My Fiance and I bought a new camper to not have headaches and enjoy camping but we have a major headache dealing with this. We Will NOT be purchasing another Keystone camper again.
- adam gragg, Iowa

2019-05-21 2016 Keystone Hideout 38FQTS View Listings

Not satisfied at all with service.Great sales men ship terrible warranty and support. There is leaks in since I purchased and all I do is fight with service on the phone. Two leaks since purchase and now leaking again in the same spots. Please help us stop shifting us from keystone to dealer ship tired of all the phone call I have to make.Someone take responsibility and help we did spend alot
- Andelka Lescesen, Ontario

2019-05-20 2017 Keystone Hideout 252LHS View Listings

First year of using our brand new Keystone Hideout 252LHS we had these problems (repaired by warranty): * Defective/leaking bedroom window * Broken refrigerator fan * Defective gray water indicator * Defect in rear door (door replaced) * Leaking propane tank pigtail hose Problems Keystone refused to fix: * Broken Furrian DVD player * Intermittent defect in potable water indicator * Broken leaf spring on rear wheel * Defective shower hose Their campers are cheaply made and they'll make any excuse in order to deny your warranty claim.
- Steve Stratman, Minnesota

2019-05-17 2014 Keystone Hideout 24RLSWE View Listings

The floor plan of this model is what sold us on this model.The matress as in most rvs was very hard so bought foam topper which solved that.Two of the cupboard doors literally fell off in our hands but other than these issues the trailer was quite comfortable.My main complaint however is that while we were camping far away from any repair shop my wife said she smelled propane so i tracked it down to the main hose which enters the trailer and tried to tighten it but discovered it was coming from the fitting which was not crimped properly.This is a very dangerous oversite in manufacturing.Turns out the hose and fittings were made in china.SUBSTandard!When we purchased the trailer we had to pay the rv dealer a $280.00 fee for a pressure test on the propane system.This was not done.They took the money and said it was.
- J.taylor, British Columbia

2019-04-06 2010 Keystone Hideout 23RB View Listings

We are sizing down and sadly selling our Keystone. I love this trailer. It is fabulous quality, great floor plan and the finishes are superior to any other similar brands we shopped for. At 4600 pounds dry it easily tows with a 1/2 ton pick up and is easier to park than longer models. The central ducted heating and air is so comfortable, the walk around queen is awesome. A double door refrigerator/freezer has lots of room and the amount of storage both in and outside is amazing. We were able to put a queen sleep number bed in ours and also a electric clothes washer spinner in the bathroom cabinet. If we still needed the room we would not sell it.
- Jeanette , California

2019-03-20 2019 Keystone Hideout 318LHS View Listings

Bought this RV brand new. Showed up to dealership with a long scratch on the front side, one of the bunkhouse mattresses had a long tear in it, and the bathroom sink had 2 large deep scratches in it. Very poor quality. How did this ever leave the assembly line to be delivered to a customer? Where is the Quality Control at this company? Keystone manufactures cheap campers with the cheapest parts available. Not at all happy with Keystone.
- Keith, Missouri

2018-09-29 2016 Keystone Hideout 24RLSWE View Listings

The 2016 RKS would be more sturdy if it were made out of cardboard. The walls are paper thin, door randomly falls off the sliders, the fake wallpaper peels, converter blew right after we purchased it. We bought ours at one year old and spent thousands making repairs. Total piece of garbage.
- Brittney, Oregon

2018-09-11 2017 Keystone Hideout 295BHS View Listings

Our new camper has a ripped awning. When weretract the awning one side makes it noise that just started. The window latches will not last. Very disappointed. Keystone days it is our fault. This is our 4 the camper. We are not new to awning care.
- Linda Lerum, Wisconsin