Keystone Hideout

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Hideout RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Phillip Savage from Georgia says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Hideout 212LHS View Listings

On the maiden voyage of our camper, we noticed a number of things wrong with the unit. A support for the bunk was snapped in half, the dead bolt would not engage, there was a 2 inch gap between the door and the door frame, the microwave had a broken part, the sink squirted in multiple directions and a list of other problems. These issues should have been caught before it ever left the dealer. Keystone should have been more sympathetic to their customer concerns instead of telling them that that is what the warranty is for. The unit was in the shop for the first month of ownership and it still isn't repaired properly. Keystones response is "what do you expect us to do?" I expect you to treat me like you appreciate my business not just my money
- Phillip Savage, Georgia

2021-10-08 2021 Keystone Hideout 174RK View Listings

This RV is so low quality for the price we paid. Screws pull out of the cheap boards, stripping a lot of them. From the booth seats to the couch/murphy bed, to the misaligned drawers in the kitchen. I figured an RV that you will have for many years would have been built with better quality materials, but it is very obvious that it is not at all. I already know I am going to have to reinforce booth seats, the table that lays down, already broke one of the pegs it lays on and we had to re-drill holes. The toilet splashes water when we flush it, bugs come in in droves, not sure what hole they left open, but i own tents that are more bug-proof than this unit. We are even missing a plastic handle piece to close the blinds in the kitchen. and we bought this brand new from camping world in Jackson TN. this thing is definitely not worth the inflated price we paid. low qualify, very dissatisfied. Should have gone with a different manufacturer/model!
- Wendy Phillippe, Tennessee

2021-08-19 2021 Keystone Hideout 30BHKS View Listings

Quality is terrible. Half of the things done work, wood is peeling and glue is already half off the entire coach... has 100miles on it. About as poor quality as acceptable to send it down the road. Would never buy another.
- brett, Nevada

2021-08-09 2021 Keystone Hideout 28RKSWE View Listings

Just purchased this 2021 Hideout 28rkswe and it was nice sitting still on the lot. When we finally towed it to 550 miles so we can live in it as we find out house. The good... Tows easily, nice layout of the floorplan and features came with a nice sized TV and fireplace THE BAD! A/C went out before we could live in it and it topped 112 degrees where we are parked. The flush for the black water is spraying water all over the cabinet under the sink. The door lock has never worked right, even after it was serviced. The hot water heater did not heat up water from the first time it was used. The manufacturer acts like it is no big deal that these issues have arisen and to get this trailer serviced will take months at a dealership. We live in this trailer full time and have had to purchase a plug in AC unit to keep the unit cool, We are waiting for a service tech to show up that is not one of the "recommended" ones and the company informed us they might not pay for the repairs. They look nice but customer satisfaction is non existent from the manufacturer. When you call them be prepared for a long wait time to speak to am ambivalent customer service person. We are looking to trade this in right away,. even at a loss so we can get out of this poorly constructed trailer.
- Matt Prochnow, California

2021-08-08 2021 Keystone Hideout 300RLDS View Listings

Keystone 39ft Destination Trailer, this is not in the drop down choice. As I am currently re-caulking the bathroom shower enclosure and I decided I need to write a review. I realize a dollar will not go very far in today’s world but I would have thought $48,000 of those dollars would give you a quality purchase, so far I’ve had to glue trim back around door frames, caulk the shower enclosure, the ceiling fan does not work at all, there is no padding under the bedroom carpet and it is the cheapest they could install, the overhead cabinets above the couch are misaligned, the siding outside is starting to ripple and there is dried caulking around the outside windows that was not cleaned off during install. I could not even begin to recommend Keystone to anyone, the quality of craftsmanship so horrible, please consider another manufacturer if you want to purchase a larger RV, I can guarantee you, you will be disappointed in your expensive purchase.
- Denise Updike, Idaho

2021-07-17 2021 Keystone Hideout 272BH View Listings

Absolutely the best RV for the money. Lightweight top-of-the-line appliances. Power awning. Power jacks. Fireplace. Lightweight enough to pull with an SUV or a light duty truck. Build quality is good for the price point. The solid step entry is a great standard option
- kevin keehl, Texas

2021-06-18 2016 Keystone Hideout 31RBDS View Listings

Really love the layout but it's a vinyl village entry level RV with as much floor space as you can get for the money. Cheaply made, AC frequently blows breaker box, can't use AC with anything else going, constantly blows in hi heat. Great layout but pore quality. You get what you pay. DVD player struggles playing new discs let alone with any form of scratch. Will be excited to upgrade but it was a decent starter rig.
- Parrish J Peachee, Indiana

2021-06-01 2019 Keystone Hideout 26RLS-WE View Listings

Dual entry is the best private bedroom . The stairs to roof is great for views. It is solar ready and has a rear camera and the air conditioning and heating is auto . It is like living in a house. The appliances are beautiful and it has a vacuum installed for housekeeping
- Andrew Rose, California

2021-04-03 2021 Keystone Hideout 300RLDS View Listings

2021 Keystone 26BHWE....We bought this trailer brand new. It has been one thing after another. My breaking point with this trailer came after the jacks were less than half extended, broke! Manufacturer said it was our fault. Refuses to replace at their expense even if we do the work. We have lived in a trailer for almost 10 yrs. Saved to pay cash for a new one, with the winter pack and automatic jacks. I have several pics of the missing bolts, popped jack, jack motor falling out, etc. We usually move often and live in the middle of nowhere in NV. (Husband works at the gold mines). It is not easy to get the trailer to a dealer. We went back to the one where we bought it. They have tried to help us and KEYSTONE told them the same thing. There has got to be some recourse for crappy workmanship. I am embarrassed for them! Maybe an attorney or BBB. So Frustrated! We are not young anymore...want my old 2004 Terry Trailer back. It kicked butt over this new piece of junk!
- ShaMe' Belew, Nevada

2021-04-03 2021 Keystone Hideout 26BHWE View Listings

We bought this trailer brand new. It has been one thing after another. My breaking point with this trailer came after the jacks were less than half extended, broke! Manufacturer said it was our fault. Refuses to replace at their expense even if we do the work. We have lived in a trailer for almost 10 yrs. Saved to pay cash for a new one, with the winter pack and automatic jacks. I have several pics of the missing bolts, popped jack, jack motor falling out, etc. We usually move often and live in the middle of nowhere in NV. (Husband works at the gold mines). It is not easy to get the trailer to a dealer. We went back to the one where we bought it. They have tried to help us and KEYSTONE told them the same thing. There has got to be some recourse for crappy workmanship. I am embarrassed for them! Maybe an attorney or BBB. So Frustrated! We are not young anymore...want my old 2004 Terry Trailer back. It kicked butt over this new piece of shit!
- ShaMe' Belew, Nevada

2021-03-18 2012 Keystone Hideout 23RBWE View Listings

Currently very happy with our purchase of this RV. Only minor issues as with other rv,'s. BUT I do have one issue needing resolve. Its dual axle, one wheel (rear) drivers side continually balls out on inside tread, 3 times now. Have had the axle replaced, leaf springs too. Its been inspected numerous times which comes up empty. Our only possible answer is slideout and refrigerator is causing the problem due to uneven weight. Any better ideas or thoughts. Going out soon for a 4th tire!!! Thanks, Harvey Schnell
- Harvey Schnell, California

2021-03-06 2021 Keystone Hideout 300RLDS View Listings

Blue Dog RV Post Falls ID, sold us this unit last week(2021 Hideout) Microwave doesn't work, awning wont extend on both sides, coax will not work for my Dish, Blue Dog will not respond to us, moved RV to WA state, Apache RV will not work on our trailer stating because we didn't buy it from them. Maybe u need to spend some time auditing the places selling your products, this is unacceptable. Y'all sure cashed the check fast enough!!!!
- Vicki Perry, Idaho

2020-12-10 2021 Keystone Hideout 300RLDS View Listings

We fell in love with the floor plan. Two bedrooms with queen beds. Also two more places that lay down to beds for four more to sleep. One and a half bath. sliding glass door! I still love the lay out. The quality, the customer service from the dealer and the manufacturer are extremely frustrating and disappointing. 2021 model purchased August 2020. The Dealer says they are months out so we didn’t bring it in and hired a mobile guy paying out of pocket. The main bathroom ALL connections under sink have leaked. The shower leaked. Now the toilet is leaking. All paid out of pocket to fix. We were told incorrectly about the half bath during our walk around and NO blueprints/ diagram for our model. The sink runs into the black! Not the grey over flowing! THANKFULLY only once and tiny amount! Our detective work figured out where all our stuff runs. The dealer said “ I don’t know” when we called and it was the guy that did the walk around! The kitchen sink facet broke the first time out. We bought a new one AGAIN out of pocket. The whole until is covered with metal shavings. Blobs of glue in carpet. huge crack at bottom of vanity, Warped wood were electric fireplace is. We had to reseal both sinks and shower. The leaking issue is really the biggest thing. We have a regulator for when in city water. The forced air when on heat, makes a loud popping noise and of course it’s in the room we sleep in. It’s brand new we shouldn’t have these issues. We already know we will not buy another Keystone product.
- Brandie Maryanski, Oregon

2020-12-04 2020 Keystone Hideout 26LHSWE View Listings

I bought a brand new 2020 keystone hideout for my mother in Oct 2019. We have had nothing but problems from the start. Got it delivered set up. First time she used the shower we had a leak. Come to find out the wrong gasket was used. Hooked up to city water, had a leak. All connections were loose. Trim falling off,staples sticking out,glue seen everywhere. Just recently her outdoor led lights caught fire. Furnace has stopped working.AC has never worked. I bought brand new thinking everything should be in working order! So Disappointed in the workmanship of this trailer! Dealer and manufacturer have been no help. My mother is a senior and cannot afford the work that needs to be done.
- Victoria Parker, Washington

2020-11-10 2021 Keystone Hideout 300RLDS View Listings

Great camper with room to spare for just the two of us. Minor flaws - when slide is pulled in handle hits island marring the finish. Edge trim on shower is pulling up. Been in service department for a month to fix these little defects. That's month of camping I will not get back as well as paying monthly payment for the camper.. Camper short comings - No propane connection on outside. Top shelf of pantry leaves little room to access top self, which is biggest storage shelf. Push button light on pantry ceiling. No ones that tall and its hard to find button in dark with a stick to turn it on. Should had mad switch on wall for it. Need stick to close moon roof blinds. Not sure the durability of long closet doors and drawers. They seem flimsy.. These were items that could had more attention for their customers. Overall great camper and layout. Love it and work through the little issues to enjoy our time with the camper. It did not come with outside kitchen but still great camper.
- Stuart, Oklahoma

2020-10-14 2017 Keystone Hideout 27BHS View Listings

Over priced garbage. Bought a 2017 model new in August 2016. Since then the siding at the front of the trailer bows when driving at speeds over 70 kms/hr (I was told there were not enough staples holding it down), the seal on the top of the trailer failed and created water/mold (this was within a 2 month period from my initial inspection), the wheel bearing failed and had to be replaced along with the axel, had to replace the tires because they were subpar, and most recently the slide motor fell off into the underbelly of the trailer. Keystone refuses to take any responsibility for poor craftsmanship of a trailer that has less that 15,000 kms on it. I'd even go as far to say that they were dismissive and condescending. Never again will I buy a Keystone.
- Shelley, Alberta

2020-10-07 2017 Keystone Hideout 175LHS View Listings

This is the single most moronic, incompetently designed and shoddily built RV on the market. At first, I was completely sold on the layout and the ease of towing, but after 2.5 years, this deathbox has literally fallen apart. The air conditioner is installed with nowhere for the condensation to drain... except through the wood surrounding it, which becomes intensely mildewed. The condensation then leaks through the wall, beneath the linoleum floor, and rots the PARTICLE BOARD FLOORING from the inside out. 2.5 years of ownership, and the ENTIRE FLOOR is mush and full of holes, and is in need of replacing. The refrigerator condensation leaks beneath the linoleum as well, and the black sewage tank has overflowed, and leaked in between the linoleum and the floor, and has rotted the particle board with sewage water. This thing has been a complete and utter NIGHTMARE. I'm scared to death to tow it anywhere as I'm nearly positive the framing has been compromised. $2200 to replace the floors and they all but LAUGHED AT ME when I called about it possibly being under warranty. Whomever designed and engineered this giant festering rolling ball of sewage should be hung by his fingers and flogged. This is a massive, perfectly tapered TURD of an RV. RUN from it.
- Mac Sanford, Texas

2020-09-25 2017 Keystone Hideout 242LHS View Listings

Purchased the Keystone Hideout 242LHS in July 2017. Have camped in it many times in the last 3 years. Really no issues with the camper as of today, September 2020. Only small issue was the first time we hooked up to city water there was a slight leak under the lower bunk in the outside kitchen area. My nephew, who is smaller and younger than I, was able to crawl into the space and tighten the loose fitting. The set up of the camper is acceptable at the price point. The next camper we by will have a larger living room area as the dinette only for seating does not provide great livability. Unless the weather is terrible, we are only inside the camper for sleeping, and this camper provides everything we need at this time. The bunk beds are great when grandchildren tag along. When I retire in several years we will probably get a camper setup for a couple to live in more comfortably. Never had any issues while under warranty so I cannot comment on that.
- Kevin, Illinois

2020-08-17 2020 Keystone Hideout 26LHSWE View Listings

I have had my new 2020 out twice with in 50 miles from home. The first time the front compartment filled up with water getting haft my stuff wet and the second I had to put screws in the siding to keep it on until I got home, 25k for this. Would not tell my friends to buy one.
- Richard ratliff, Idaho

2020-07-29 2015 Keystone Hideout 28BHS View Listings

This was the worst purchase we have ever made, run from the Keystone products. From new ours spent more time in the shop for various little repairs, which meant we did not use it much at all. Then the warranty ends and still issues like the outer side wall bulging out when we were driving, which they supposedly fixed once in the beginning. Then we just about lost our AC unit as the bolts had not been secured properly. We later had leaks from the AC unit. Then the walls and windows were leaking. Then the front of the unit ended up leaking and we had to pay $500.00 to get everything resealed. It has been a money pit, so cheaply put together and they do not stand behind their products at all. Their statements on their website are totally misleading, as they are not built to last at all..
- Chelsea Sheppard, Alberta

2020-07-02 2019 Keystone Hideout 38FQTS View Listings

2 windows blown out in a months time. Camper is and has been parked as a permanent at a campground. Keystone wont cover it all. Claim its not an issue. That it falls under limited warranty. Aren't these supposed to withstand heat and cold.
- Nakia, Wisconsin

2020-06-26 2016 Keystone Hideout 24RLSWE View Listings

We also had screws come out of fenders. We had the roofing material peel back and the roof is leaking. Trying to get it fixed but looks like whole roof is going to be replaced. First camper has been a disappointment.
- D Osburn, Texas

2020-06-17 2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE View Listings

Have had the unit for five years. Never even had one problem. Been on many trips up and down the west coast. It isn’t the best build out there but for the price I would never complain hideout 24bhwe..
- Bob , California

2020-05-18 2017 Keystone Hideout 23RKSWE View Listings

Was and still is a piece of s**t. the quality of the trailer is completely substandard!!! I bought it in fall of 2016 and it was delivered spring of 2017. The interior paneling and door frames are built of second class materials and all of the fasteners have been replaced by me and other carpenters. To be very blunt and truthful my sons high school shop class could build a better trailer! As for trade in value it is COMPLETELY NON EXISTANT!!!! No other RV dealership even wants it on their lot
- Trevor, Alberta

2020-05-09 2018 Keystone Hideout 28BHS View Listings

I purchased my travel trailer March 16 2019. I noticed that the aluminum siding seemed to be warped out from the passenger side near the top between the back door and the back speaker. I notified Keystone about the problem in June 2019 via phone calls and e-mail. I was given a few Keystone dealers of which one was in Lubbock, Texas. I called this Keystone dealer and told them about Keystone giving them as the dealer to contact about the problem. This Keystone dealer asked if I have purchased the unit at their store. I told them that I had purchased the RV in Cleburne, Texas. The Lubbock Keystone dealer said that since I had not purchased the RV at their store they would not be able to help me with any warranty work. I got back with Keystone and they said to take my RV to Camping World ( another authorized Keystone Dealer in Lubbock that was not on the original authorized dealer list sent by Keystone ) I took my RV to Camping World of Lubbock. Camping World of Lubbock advised me that the aluminum siding was letting loose of the aluminum siding. I called Keystone back an talked to the same Retailer Advisor/ Owner Relations at Keystone. She would not go with Camping Worlds advice but said that the unit would have to be placed in a controlled environment to see if the aluminum siding was flexing because of heat and cold. I do not know of any RV dealers around here that would have a controlled environment to do such a test. ( In my opinion the Keystone Representative was simple finding a way to avoid the obvious. ) It is now May of 2020 and I still have the original problem of the siding staples letting the aluminum siding loose but have now noticed that the aluminum siding is doing the same thing on the driver’s side near the front of the RV above the master bedroom window. I would hope that this review would help folks out that are thinking about purchasing a Keystone straight pull trailer that has aluminum siding on it. ( Unhappy in Slaton, Texas 🙁 ) Terry Melugin
- Terry Melugin, Texas