Keystone Cougar X-Lite Travel Trailer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar X-Lite Travel Trailer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kevin Kraemer from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 21RBS View Listings

Major problem 3 months past one year warranty. Extremely soft floor 7' long in kitchen. Not repairable. No company help. I'm screwed. Flashy trailer, nice layout. Typical small cheap made things that I can fix I do not mind. This is why I bought new so I would avoid major problems. Boy was I wrong. Resale value is now diminished. DONT buy cougar Xlite!
- Kevin Kraemer, Wisconsin

2021-03-16 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 30RLI View Listings

This RV is great for the couple that want to get away from it all but don't want to give up their creature comforts. This travel trailer is a home away from home. Grab a couple of grandkids and head out for adventure!!!
- Anthony, California

2021-02-15 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 21RBS View Listings

We bought our 2016 inspired by the "polar package." Don't believe it! Today we are south of Houston in an ice storm; campground electricity went out. Ran furnace all night, but pipes still froze. Good: floorplan - one of the biggest kitchens around. Large slide-out dining area hasn't failed in 4 1/2 years. Often-used parts like faucets, toilet have held up we'll, although we do have a soft spot in the floor near the entry door. Cleans up good, except for dining carpet.
- Brook Mark, Colorado

2020-09-07 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RLS View Listings

RV HANDLES NICELY VERY LIGHT AND EASY TO TOW. I LIKE THE FLOOR PLAN ALTHOUGH THE BEDROOM IS A LITTLE TIGHT. EVERYTHING HAS WORKED FINE ON RV, WE HAVE ENJOYED IT. THE ONLY REASON FOR CHANGING FROM THIS RV IS WE WANT TO GET A 5TH WHEEL TO DO MORE TRAVELING.
- RODNEY MICHAEL, Kentucky

2020-03-24 2014 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RLS View Listings

We have owned a Cougar X-LITE 28RLS and have loved it. Plenty of room and well built Keystone trailer. It is one of our favorite floor plans. It has a large bathroom and shower, Ton's of storage. The trailer pulls so nice you have to remind your self it's back there. I purchased two trailers before finding this one. And it fills all our needs. I would recommend this trailer to anyone starting out for there first travel trailer. You won't be disappointed.
- cwolski262, Wisconsin

2019-05-26 2015 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 30RLI View Listings

Purchased this Travel Trailer as our first high end luxury camper. We chose the floor plan that sleeps 4 versus the one that slept 6 (the dinette vs. booth). The all aluminum superstructure makes this camper very light and an easy tow. Featured in a 2015 issue of Trailer Life Magazine as "The Great Pretender", because it has many options and features normally only offered in 5th wheel trailers. Three slides open the floor space to over 400 sq.ft. The large awning, front and rear stabilizers and all 3 slides can be operated via a hand held wireless remote control, making setups and breakdowns fast and easy. The Polar package allowed us to live in the camper in very cold January weather in Wisconsin. The electric functioning fireplace served both as auxiliary heat and as a primary source when we ran out of propane one cold evening. We upgraded our master bedroom queen mattress to a custom 13" thick memory foam mattress for additional comfort. Using the Equalizer Weight Distribution hitch made towing this camper a breeze. Maneuvering the Cougar in tight backin sites and convenience marts for fuel stops was only moderately challenging. We thoroughly enjoyed this camper and only wish we had purchased it when we were younger. We would not have hesitated to full-time RV in this camper. All the conveniences of home, and in some cases, nicer than home.
- Ric Vannatta, North Carolina

2019-05-09 2011 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 32FKS View Listings

We have owned this rv for 2 years and have towed it to sites in MD, PA, and VA very easily. Setting up after arrival at the site was also quick and easy. The camper has plenty of storage and the refrigerator, air conditioning and heat works with no problems. It is very clean and comfortable and would recommend at least taking a look at. Only selling because of purchasing a permanent site and a rv was with the site,
- joyce younker, Maryland

2018-10-09 2015 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RLS View Listings

We purchased this trailer new, from the showroom floor. As we used it more, we found it to be well made with few issues to report, except that after 2 1/2 years the one slideout has begun to jump and wobble going in and out. We've had two RV service departments look at it, the second stating that the slide needs be removed, a "new wear bar" installed, and the slide be reinstalled.$2500-3000 is the cost. Every three years? I found a Youtube video showing how to install rollers, (which the slide mechanism mfr says should have been used to begin with.Have yet to receive rollers, hope that's a good fix. Tried to discuss issue with Keystone but they said talk to dealer. Dealer service writer says have tech see it. Cannot discuss issue with technical folks at any stage of this situation; just pay another tech and take what he says...I know what's wrong with it and just want a relationship with Keystone for remedying their defective design that they can agree with. Will look for another brand to try to develope loyalty with. I always was willing to talk to a customer in my trade. Why do these companies fear us and avoid us, is it because they do not desire repeat customers?
- Andy Poland, Indiana

2018-06-04 2013 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 30FKV View Listings

Towed this unit to several state parks for short vacations and eventually set it up in a private RV park in SE Georgia. It's well made and is like a nice one bedroom apartment on wheels. Plenty of interior storage but very little exterior. Kitchen, bedroom and bathroom are spacious and well appointed. I towed it with a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2ton crew cab pickup. No issues towing it up and down the hills in West Virginia and SW Pennsylvania.
- Mike, Pennsylvania

2017-11-06 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 31SQB View Listings

hi all if u thanking about a keyston couger x lite run far far away . my 2016 is a big p o j .!!!!m . for startes it has the wrong heater. a 20 k btu heater will mot heat a 35 ft travel traler. acordi g to surban propane maker of the furance u need to have 1000 btu per liner foot of traler . so a 35 ft needs a 35000 btu heater in it .keyston coustermer service is 0 help and will not do anything to fix the peoblem. neater is my dealor rv007. the rv outlet in ringgold va. they are useless to now i have to spend 450 bucks at amizon . to get the right heater to put in my tt so i can stay warm. also polor package ins is jest a sticker . this thing is not insulated good at all. the roof is a breading ground for mice amd outher large rodent i have one running around in my celing right now . . the molding in cadnets was neaver stapled and is lose . also 4 gal water heater get real .u will freze during the winter. taking a 4 min shower. . the tires on door side have both been pluged one has a slow leak now all in all i would not recomed any keyston rv tt 5 wheel. ive jest touched on a few of the pronblems wigh this tt thanks robbie.
- robbie rogers, North Carolina

2017-10-17 2018 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 22RBSWE View Listings

First, I selected this trailer because I could get a double recliner instead of a dinette. And it has a king sized bed. The bathroom is roomy enough. However, there have been several problems. Tv not hooked up to the radio for sound system. Simple fix but had to tear part of the cabinet off to get to radio. No instructions on how to winterize...just says winterize. The galley holding tank doesn't have a valve for emptying. Nope, none. Nowhere. Getting help from Windish RV is like getting help for Puerto Rico after a hurricane. The bar part of the countertop fell off when I leaned lightly on it. Wall paneling in the slide out is coming loose. This trailer was promised in July. It was ready after Labor Day. I sure hope that's all that's wrong.
- Linda Deniston-Peavler, Colorado

2017-09-30 2007 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RBS View Listings

Bought it new in 2007. By the end of 2009, the graphics were pealing off. Camper was waxed every year and the graphics still continued. When I called Keystone, they reminded me that my 1 year warranty was up. After talking to my dealership, I was told that Keystone was having trouble with the graphics on the 06, 07, and 08 models. This should have been recalled. My camper now looks terrible. It would take one hell of a salesman to sell me another Keystone camper.
- Dan Stewart, Kentucky

2017-07-28 2013 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 21RBS View Listings

Great size. This is our second 21foot rv. Easy to pull/ manuver behind a long wheelbase truck. Parking in state parks (our favorite) is no problem. Overall build quality is on par with our last rv, a 29 foot Holiday Rambler. We are the second owner and pleasantly surprized , everything has worked well through our two year ownership. Large tanks (48 fresh water, 28 both grey water and black water) with 12volt pump make dry camping effortless. If I have one small complaint, it would be stopping on the road and not have access to the storage around the queen bed in the front. This area can only be reached with our one slide extended out. One small problem with an outherwise great travel trailer!
- Jerry Beck, North Carolina

2017-02-04 2017 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 33RES View Listings

I bought a Keystone Cougar 33RES and we love it! The dry weight is 7,700 lbs. and my 2014 Ford F-150 XLT (3.5 Ecoboost) truck with a tow package pulls it easily. One suggestion on the F-150 is that you need to buy 10 ply tires for your truck and weight distributing bars. The trailer has a kingsize bed and dual AC/Heat. At 36 ft., it has plenty of room and the rounded ceiling gives plenty of extra headroom for my 6'2" frame. If I wanted to be hypercritical, I would wish for a bigger shower and a pre-wired cable hookup outside. It is wired for antenna outside, but not cable. One other amenity would have been nice, namely, an outdoor kitchen. I could not be happier with the quality of this trailer! While I have had it for one season thus far, we are looking forward to the upcoming season.
- Timothy C. Seal, Tennessee

2016-01-25 2012 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 31RKS View Listings

Very comfortable and roomy. Excellent warranty big bathroom.. Nice size living area..
- Jim Pederson, Texas