Keystone Cougar X-Lite RVs Reviews (20)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar X-Lite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Kevin Kraemer from Wisconsin says:

Have you owned any Keystone Cougar X-Lite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 21RBS View Listings

Major problem 3 months past one year warranty. Extremely soft floor 7' long in kitchen. Not repairable. No company help. I'm screwed. Flashy trailer, nice layout. Typical small cheap made things that I can fix I do not mind. This is why I bought new so I would avoid major problems. Boy was I wrong. Resale value is now diminished. DONT buy cougar Xlite!
- Kevin Kraemer, Wisconsin

2019-06-30 2015 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28SGS View Listings

We owned this fifth wheel for four years and love it. We had no major issues. The layout is fabulous with very comfortable recliners. It is lightweight and very easy to tow. The fireplace is perfect for chilly mornings. We are only selling as we are changing to a motorhome.
- Karena Mills, Michigan

2019-06-25 2008 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 26RLS View Listings

This was my first 5th wheel and really liked it. It pulls easily with my F150. The floor plan is very roomy when the slide out is out. The kitchen is very nice with tons of storage both in the kitchen and living area. The quality built into this unit is excellent. This RV survived hurricane MICHAEL while in storage in Panama City Beach. It was lucky not to get hit by flying debris, but more amazing, there were no leaks even in the very heavy rains. I would recommend this unit to anyone.
- James Foster, Florida

2019-05-26 2015 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 30RLI View Listings

Purchased this Travel Trailer as our first high end luxury camper. We chose the floor plan that sleeps 4 versus the one that slept 6 (the dinette vs. booth). The all aluminum superstructure makes this camper very light and an easy tow. Featured in a 2015 issue of Trailer Life Magazine as "The Great Pretender", because it has many options and features normally only offered in 5th wheel trailers. Three slides open the floor space to over 400 sq.ft. The large awning, front and rear stabilizers and all 3 slides can be operated via a hand held wireless remote control, making setups and breakdowns fast and easy. The Polar package allowed us to live in the camper in very cold January weather in Wisconsin. The electric functioning fireplace served both as auxiliary heat and as a primary source when we ran out of propane one cold evening. We upgraded our master bedroom queen mattress to a custom 13" thick memory foam mattress for additional comfort. Using the Equalizer Weight Distribution hitch made towing this camper a breeze. Maneuvering the Cougar in tight backin sites and convenience marts for fuel stops was only moderately challenging. We thoroughly enjoyed this camper and only wish we had purchased it when we were younger. We would not have hesitated to full-time RV in this camper. All the conveniences of home, and in some cases, nicer than home.
- Ric Vannatta, North Carolina

2019-05-09 2011 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 32FKS View Listings

We have owned this rv for 2 years and have towed it to sites in MD, PA, and VA very easily. Setting up after arrival at the site was also quick and easy. The camper has plenty of storage and the refrigerator, air conditioning and heat works with no problems. It is very clean and comfortable and would recommend at least taking a look at. Only selling because of purchasing a permanent site and a rv was with the site,
- joyce younker, Maryland

2019-01-17 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 32FBH View Listings

Outstanding rv had no problems when camping. Built very solid and with stabilizing jacks down there is not a lot of movement. Air conditioning and heating work very well. My overall experience with this trailer has been outstanding.
- Rob, Alabama

2018-12-12 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 32FBH View Listings

Absolutely a home away from home, love everything about it. Great layout especially for families or large groups. In excellent condition very well maintained. Clean and open area. Very roomy for a camper!
- Shonna, Iowa

2018-10-09 2015 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RLS View Listings

We purchased this trailer new, from the showroom floor. As we used it more, we found it to be well made with few issues to report, except that after 2 1/2 years the one slideout has begun to jump and wobble going in and out. We've had two RV service departments look at it, the second stating that the slide needs be removed, a "new wear bar" installed, and the slide be reinstalled.$2500-3000 is the cost. Every three years? I found a Youtube video showing how to install rollers, (which the slide mechanism mfr says should have been used to begin with.Have yet to receive rollers, hope that's a good fix. Tried to discuss issue with Keystone but they said talk to dealer. Dealer service writer says have tech see it. Cannot discuss issue with technical folks at any stage of this situation; just pay another tech and take what he says...I know what's wrong with it and just want a relationship with Keystone for remedying their defective design that they can agree with. Will look for another brand to try to develope loyalty with. I always was willing to talk to a customer in my trade. Why do these companies fear us and avoid us, is it because they do not desire repeat customers?
- Andy Poland, Indiana

2018-06-11 2017 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RKS View Listings

We purchased a 2017 cougar xlite 28rks. My wife and I really impressed with the outside kitchen. First issue we had was the dealership where we bought the camper from went out of business. Closest dealer did not do warranty work on keystone products. We noticed a lot of issues from the get go. Air conditioner not cooling properly, Slides out of adjustments, battery would not hold charge, outside door key broke first time using it, outside kitchen leaked water(destroyed all the shelving ect..) Floor bounces badly when you walk near bedroom, refrigerator froze everything. Finally another dealer opened up and did honor keystone warranty. Keystone would only fix refrigerator, outside kitchen inside, replaced key and lock. That was it. I got it back from dealer after 3rd time, outside kitchen still leaked and another leaked developed. Leaked into back bedroom inside the dresser and above door. Of coarse out of warranty to get fixed. The bouncing is my problem dealer said they all do that and keystone said no issues. I had to bring to another dealer to get outside kitchen to stop leaking into bedroom and door leak fixed. The dealership told me it was one of roof joints seal was missing. I still have one slide that is out of adjustment that I will have to get fixed and replace battery myself. I did ask keystone for my money back and they refused to respond back to me and about any our issues. Its is poorly made. I will never buy another one again.
- Bob, Minnesota

2018-06-04 2013 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 30FKV View Listings

Towed this unit to several state parks for short vacations and eventually set it up in a private RV park in SE Georgia. It's well made and is like a nice one bedroom apartment on wheels. Plenty of interior storage but very little exterior. Kitchen, bedroom and bathroom are spacious and well appointed. I towed it with a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2ton crew cab pickup. No issues towing it up and down the hills in West Virginia and SW Pennsylvania.
- Mike, Pennsylvania

2018-05-07 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RLI View Listings

We purchased this trailer since it was advertised as having an Artic package which is very misleading. There are many openings in the trailer to unheated and uninsulated spaces. We had difficulty keeping the trailer warm in colder weather. The only way the hetater is effective is when the air condioner fan is run to help circulate the air which requires electric service - difficult for off grid.
- Dave, New York

2018-02-06 2015 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28RDB View Listings

We've slept 9 adults and 2 dogs, I admit it was a little crowded but it worked just fine. Plenty of interior storage for food and clothing and the outside storage compartments fit all the outside equipment needed.The outside kitchen works great also. Camping is a great family activity and this frailer makes it fun too!!!
- John, Michigan

2017-12-17 2013 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RBS View Listings

This is a great rv especially for those families new to fifth wheels. The cougar is built well and stands up to many years of camping. There are a lot of features that make setup and cleanup a breeze, like a remote to run various functions on the unit. The light weight and quality suspension make it easy to tow and maneuver. Lots of storage inside and out makes taking longer trips easy also. Once you buy a cougar you will know why they are number one in there class.
- Burt Swable, New York

2017-11-06 2016 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 31SQB View Listings

hi all if u thanking about a keyston couger x lite run far far away . my 2016 is a big p o j .!!!!m . for startes it has the wrong heater. a 20 k btu heater will mot heat a 35 ft travel traler. acordi g to surban propane maker of the furance u need to have 1000 btu per liner foot of traler . so a 35 ft needs a 35000 btu heater in it .keyston coustermer service is 0 help and will not do anything to fix the peoblem. neater is my dealor rv007. the rv outlet in ringgold va. they are useless to now i have to spend 450 bucks at amizon . to get the right heater to put in my tt so i can stay warm. also polor package ins is jest a sticker . this thing is not insulated good at all. the roof is a breading ground for mice amd outher large rodent i have one running around in my celing right now . . the molding in cadnets was neaver stapled and is lose . also 4 gal water heater get real .u will freze during the winter. taking a 4 min shower. . the tires on door side have both been pluged one has a slow leak now all in all i would not recomed any keyston rv tt 5 wheel. ive jest touched on a few of the pronblems wigh this tt thanks robbie.
- robbie rogers, North Carolina

2017-10-17 2018 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 22RBSWE View Listings

First, I selected this trailer because I could get a double recliner instead of a dinette. And it has a king sized bed. The bathroom is roomy enough. However, there have been several problems. Tv not hooked up to the radio for sound system. Simple fix but had to tear part of the cabinet off to get to radio. No instructions on how to winterize...just says winterize. The galley holding tank doesn't have a valve for emptying. Nope, none. Nowhere. Getting help from Windish RV is like getting help for Puerto Rico after a hurricane. The bar part of the countertop fell off when I leaned lightly on it. Wall paneling in the slide out is coming loose. This trailer was promised in July. It was ready after Labor Day. I sure hope that's all that's wrong.
- Linda Deniston-Peavler, Colorado

2017-09-30 2007 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RBS View Listings

Bought it new in 2007. By the end of 2009, the graphics were pealing off. Camper was waxed every year and the graphics still continued. When I called Keystone, they reminded me that my 1 year warranty was up. After talking to my dealership, I was told that Keystone was having trouble with the graphics on the 06, 07, and 08 models. This should have been recalled. My camper now looks terrible. It would take one hell of a salesman to sell me another Keystone camper.
- Dan Stewart, Kentucky

2017-07-28 2013 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 21RBS View Listings

Great size. This is our second 21foot rv. Easy to pull/ manuver behind a long wheelbase truck. Parking in state parks (our favorite) is no problem. Overall build quality is on par with our last rv, a 29 foot Holiday Rambler. We are the second owner and pleasantly surprized , everything has worked well through our two year ownership. Large tanks (48 fresh water, 28 both grey water and black water) with 12volt pump make dry camping effortless. If I have one small complaint, it would be stopping on the road and not have access to the storage around the queen bed in the front. This area can only be reached with our one slide extended out. One small problem with an outherwise great travel trailer!
- Jerry Beck, North Carolina

2017-02-04 2017 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 33RES View Listings

I bought a Keystone Cougar 33RES and we love it! The dry weight is 7,700 lbs. and my 2014 Ford F-150 XLT (3.5 Ecoboost) truck with a tow package pulls it easily. One suggestion on the F-150 is that you need to buy 10 ply tires for your truck and weight distributing bars. The trailer has a kingsize bed and dual AC/Heat. At 36 ft., it has plenty of room and the rounded ceiling gives plenty of extra headroom for my 6'2" frame. If I wanted to be hypercritical, I would wish for a bigger shower and a pre-wired cable hookup outside. It is wired for antenna outside, but not cable. One other amenity would have been nice, namely, an outdoor kitchen. I could not be happier with the quality of this trailer! While I have had it for one season thus far, we are looking forward to the upcoming season.
- Timothy C. Seal, Tennessee

2016-09-07 2014 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RLI View Listings

This fifth wheel was purchased to have a traveling home during work on the road. With the Polar Package, the fifth wheel was very comfortable both in hot and cold climates. The floor plan is great, easy to move around in and well thought out. There was ample space, inside and out, for all the personal items needed for working and living on the road. The lower rating on the Manufacturer Support was due to no problems with the fifth wheel - only had two problems, the AC and the antenna, and both were replaced promptly.
- Don & Jeannie Brookman, Texas

2016-01-25 2012 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 31RKS View Listings

Very comfortable and roomy. Excellent warranty big bathroom.. Nice size living area..
- Jim Pederson, Texas