Keystone Cougar

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Terry B from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Buyer beware, very nice unit , tows great but pray you do not have any warranty issues. They will approve fixing the nickel and dime defects you can expect in any RV. But if you encounter a costly defect you will be instructed to get you owners Manuel out and check the fine print. Case in point, I have a 10 month old 2016 cougar with a roof that is starting to ripple in the front and the factory adhesive over the joints has some cracks in it that allowed wind to create the ripples. The fine print says owners must inspect their roof every 90 days and apply a approved material to patch that bonds with factory mastic. Camping world recommends doing this once a year. Needless to say claim denied, keystone once again made sure they could pass off any defect that was costly to the consumer. If the manufacturer won't honor their warranty, don't waste money on an extended warranty.
- Terry B, California

2021-06-05 2019 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

First ad foremost, I would never buy another Keystone product again. Started having problems with the new double door Dometic fridge from day 1. It was loud. Loud enough to eep you awake at night. When Camping World couldn't fix the issue, Thats was it. Tried calling Customer service and al I got was week upon week of "Fluff talk". Camping World ever even took out a repair order on it. Thank God I have proof they worked on it. The issue has never been resolved. They talk you right through until your warranty is up, then it's "Talk to Dometic". ALSO, the floors are very flimsy. After the second year it becomes even more noticeable. Its not just mine neither. Our friend has a 2019 Travel trailer and his floors are terrible. I compare Keystone to the cheapest of the cheapest junk you can buy. I Wouldn't even try and sell this piece of $45,000 junk. I'll try and trade it in at some point at any place other the Camping World.
- DENNIS CANARIO, Rhode Island

2021-06-02 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

Love how roomy this RV is. Love all the storage, every room has lots of storage. Love the auto leveling system. Love the outdoor kitchen!! So many nice perks!! You could easily live in this camper full time.
- Amy Cole, Michigan

2021-05-27 2017 Keystone Cougar 30RLI View Listings

Very nice, comfortable and roomy! This unit is perfect for extended living for a couple or individual, or a weekend at the lake. Plenty of storage, heated underbelly is great for all weather. Automatic leveling makes setting up a breeze. My husband and I loved it!
- Anna Lohman, Oklahoma

2021-05-23 2014 Keystone Cougar 277RLS View Listings

We purchased this unit new in October of 2013, it’s a 2014 year model. We have only had one warranty repair in all the time we’ve owned it. We live in our 5th wheel approximately 6 months out of a year. We do the normal maintenance on the rig and yes, cabinet doors etc aren’t what they used to be, but these are well made trailers. As I read some of the reviews it’s obvious these folks lack the skills to make small repairs on the road. You may experience a problem here and there but, consider this “tiny house” is experiencing a 7 earthquake worth of stress every time you go somewhere. Keystone builds a great unit IMHO.
- Bob , Oregon

2021-05-19 2020 Keystone Cougar 364BHL View Listings

What a royal piece of crap! Plain and simple poor workmanship and horrible construction. This company should be closed total junk I never would ever purchase an rv from this company. I would like to tow it down to their factory and burn it in front of them. I had problems from day one and it just keeps getting worse. The shower floor pan is made of paper thin floor which broke, and the cheap faucet behind the wall was leaking ruined all my floor in the rv. This is the latest I am building a real shower pan and re doing all my floors in the rv. All bathroom and kitchen. They never put the shower in properly a total mess and it always was wobbly no support ruined my floors in the rv. I had lots of issues from day one its been a nightmare. I had to change the converter and my main ac quit working as well had to fix my hot water heater and my furnace quit working. Its an on going mess. I got a contractor re doing my floor and I am custom making a new shower which will not ever break everything in this rv is bottom shelf and not worth a dime. Poor construction! Do not ever buy anything from this company
- ermond nathanson, California

2021-05-16 2019 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Perfect for avid campers or full-time RVers! I especially love the floor plan. The front living setup feels so much more cozy and intimate in the living room and so much more open and spacious in the bedroom/bathroom area. The front and back door setup allows for separate entry into the bedroom, perfect for those who are early risers or late-nighters alike.
- Jeff Stevenson, California

2021-05-12 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

I’ve put 2500 miles on the trailer. You know it’s there behind you but it does make the overall ride more comfortable in the truck. The accommodations in the trailer are adequate for longer duration trips and are great for short one as well..just pull-in or back-in, let the levelers work by pushing a button, hook up the water power and sewer and life is easy. I’ve setup and settled in low as 25 minutes.
- Chuck Sims, Texas

2021-05-10 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

This is a great camper. It sleep 7 comfortably, more with younger children. It has ample space for indoor sleeping and preparing food. The water heater does quite well for heating 6 gallons at a time (both, gas and electric). An upgraded bed makes it far more comfortable in the bedroom as well. The hide-a-bed couch is comfortable. One draw back is the lack of built-in storage for clothes, but a properly stage suitcase under the bunks resolves that. All the bugs have been worked out and it operates like a champ, even the AC on a 20amp service.
- chuck sims, Texas

2021-05-07 2021 Keystone Cougar 26RBS21 View Listings

We love our 22RBS! We purchased new mid year last summer and have had no issues. I’m not sure about warranty work because we have not had any issues. We wanted a couples camper for our frequent camping trips. We are weekend warriors and this trailer is perfect for us. We have the theatre seating and no dinette. The small counter works well for us or we use a small table. This trailers storage is amazing and the king bed were big features for us. It’s a studio apartment on wheels! Someday we may want a bigger floor plan but this is perfect for us now. We travel with our cat and he loves it too. My only con is the small counter in the bathroom but it’s functional and making the bathroom bigger would impact the HUGE closet we have. We tow the trailer with a F-150, 2.7L Eco-boost with tow package. If someone is looking for a short trailer that’s packed with big features, the 22RBS is a great option. There was no option for our trailer in the drop down. This is a 22RBS.
- Denise Teague, Michigan

2021-05-03 2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBSWE View Listings

We bought the trailer in November 2020, stored it for the winter, and started using it in March 2021. Camping temps have ranged from 19 degrees to 85 degrees, allowing us to fully test the climate control and comfort. Three trips so far and ten more to go this season. Campsites have ranged from full hook-up to boondocking. Towed about 650 miles total to this date. Only two problems so far - the fridge AC plug was not inserted into the AC outlet and one heating duct was not attached to the main air box - both trivial, DIY, fixes. It has one of the most livable floor plans we've encountered. We opted for the theater seats vs dinette, and use a small pop-up table when we want to eat inside. The table can be hidden next to the theater seats when collapsed. It's our first RV so we can't provide any comparisons to others. Overall, the 22RBSWE has been an enjoyable experience.
- Jim, Colorado

2021-04-18 2021 Keystone Cougar 316RLS View Listings

Quality is not good, from windows that won't stay closed, broken screws in several areas that were not repaired, now furnace wasn't stay on. Even found a hinge under the table that dealer has no idea why it is there. They need to spend some time on quality control or I would not recommend anyone buy a keystone product. We will take this back to the dealer, who has been great for the third time in 3 weeks. We also had several cabinet doors that were broken and are being replaced, another cabinet door that was not properly finished and Keystone won't replace because it is not broken, just looks bad.
- Bradley Wachter, Indiana

2021-04-14 2021 Keystone Cougar 25RDS View Listings

Drove a 873 miles one way to get this floor plan since not available most places. If you buy a keystone Cougar you better make sure everything works otherwise their customer service is the WORST I have ever experienced. I called for help. I simply got a too bad. Yes, those exact words. New, drove it to Texas. Toilet does not hold water or work proper, smells all the time. We are living in trailer while our home is being repaired. The ONLY authorized dealer cant see or help us for 8 weeks. Called Keystone to see if there was another option, Candy with Keystone customer service said well you are lucky some are several months out. Sorry, too bad we can't help you. I have owned this trailer for 10 days. If you want any warranty or customer service DO NOT BUY A KEYSTONE. I am sorry I did. I only wish I could give it a negative star!!
- DC Hody, Texas

2021-04-07 2017 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

So far every fan including the stove, a.c. fan quit working.I've only had it a year and a half. They are made so cheap, but they sure do cost a bundle. So do the replacement parts. I'm so disappointed with the quality. I wouldn't buy another.
- Judie Burnette, California

2021-04-05 2018 Keystone Cougar 32RLI18 View Listings

This unit is great to live in. Roomy and comfortable all nice features to make it a home. Cougar is an excellent line of camper with 3 slide outs gives a lot of space for moving around. We have 2 large dogs ans space was never an issue.
- Bruce Boyer, Florida

2021-03-29 2020 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

I am having issues with Keystone RV following through on warranty issues. They keep dragging their feet on addressing issues. I have contacted their customer support and they take their time on responding, then drag out any assistance.
- David Boggs, Virginia

2021-03-23 2016 Keystone Cougar 330RBK View Listings

We love this RV it has been great no problems to name love the bunkhouse and layout of living space and bedroom I pull it with Ram 2500 heavy duty with no problems like it's not even there we would definitely buy another Keystone
- Donnie Nation, Georgia

2021-03-14 2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBSWE View Listings

I have had my Cougar RV for about 8 months now. So far the refrigerator had to be rewired, the outside shower door lock broke, the outside storage door doesn't work on one side, the cabinet doors are binding together, the propane tank switch just stopped working, and every time I take it out all of the counters get covered with sawdust and manufacturing debris. What a sad state for a 30k trailer. I could have spent 10k less and got as good or better quality.
- Ronald Compton, Oregon

2021-02-10 2020 Keystone Cougar 27SGS View Listings

We went with the 27sgs 5th wheel because we really liked the look and floor plan (especially the full shower and storage in bathroom). The living space is very open and the kitchen has a lot of storage for a camper! CONS-The electric fire place has never worked and is mounted into the entertainment center. Flipping breakers doesn't help. We would have to tear the whole thing out to try and see whats wrong. The central heat also doesn't work, only blows room temperature air, regardless of if its on gas or electric. Not even 6 months in and the molding has come loose in some places on the ceiling so its not like a high traffic area that we could have caused. Our wardrobe door just came unglued from the frame one day when my husband opened it. The handle and middle part just slid right off. Not long after one of the drawer faces in the closett did the same. I know campers are made with lighter materials than a house but we aren't particularly rough on it and try to take care and make repairs. There is no explanation for the fireplace and heat to not work and no one has been able to help us.
- Samantha Canfield, Texas

2021-01-30 2013 Keystone Cougar 325SRX View Listings

This 5th Wheel is very spacious and well built. Awesome floor plan, lots of room and storage. Trailer is very easy to tow and back up into campground spots. We really enjoy with the large remote controlled outside awning, speakers and lots of storage space underneath too. Ours has all new LED lighting which makes it so bright and cheerful inside... 2013 is a very solid unit.
- Richard, Florida

2021-01-21 2021 Keystone Cougar 26RBS21 View Listings

Have owned unit for little less than 3 months. 12 volt system has gone out twice. First time was bad battery from dealer, second time dealer unsure "can't find a problem". We love our unit, dream come true when power ok. So far dealer is doing, we believe, all they can to resolve issue.
- Greg Jones, Georgia

2021-01-16 2017 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

The floor plan is the best I have experienced. We have never had any issues since buying it. The heat and A/C are very well designed to keep you very comfortable. Everything is in like new condition and works as it should. Nonsmokers, no bunks.
- Mike Wickens, New York

2021-01-08 2018 Keystone Cougar 34TSB View Listings

Purchased this unit at a dealer in NC, not Camping World. After 30 hours the furnace failed. Neither Keystone nor the dealership had access to parts. My husband found the part, a sail switch in another town, drove and picked it up, took it to RV mechanic. The dealership was useless and rude. These places take your money, that's all they want. The general manager was completely disrespectful and that applies to women. In addition, the bedroom door know fell off, outside screws are loose to the point I have hand tightened them. The unit is made with cheap materials. Flimsy thin plastic, dinette is a joke- not wood, but some type of thick laminate pin nailed to a wood frame. We cannot get grey water valve to release 🤨 They boasted about the Polar Package. Forget it! Its just some thin membrane under the rig, does not protect you from cold temperatures. Sold to us as a 4 season RV, but extremely difficult to maintain warmth. Cheap everything that is furniture. It's all plastic, bedroom is so poorly layer out you cannot walk around the bed. Has a king bed, should have been a queen or full. Dangerous for seniors and ppl with ambulatory issues. Very difficult to keep floors and carpet clean. This rig is almost $50k new, we paid $32k, which was $10k too much. Purchased extended warranty, but dealing with all three of these entities is a nightmare. Do not purchase for cold weather regions, save your money. I would never purchase another Keystone product. This has been nothing but a headache and depressing. I hope this helps one person steer clear of Keystone. God Bless
- Debbie, North Carolina

2020-12-21 2005 Keystone Cougar 281EFS View Listings

I want to let everyone know about the cheap quality of most of the materials used to build, the craftsmanship looks like a 10 year old did it and did not care about anything from squareness to clean-up in the vents to cutting holes for plumbing, so many things about the workmanship, it would be pages.Super disappointed and would bet the cheap Chinese would do better, just take a good look at all angles before you lay down hard earned money for this 3rd string rig!
- fayspainting, New Mexico

2020-12-10 2021 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

I spent a little over $40K on this a month ago and both pass through storage locks are defective. The dealership appointments are months out due to “COVID” ...I contacted Keystone customer service and they basically said oh well, make an appointment and wait. I now have to spend $87 on two locks. Extremely disappointed.
- Brad Freel, Oregon