Keystone Cougar Reviews on RV Insider (109)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Terry B from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Buyer beware, very nice unit , tows great but pray you do not have any warranty issues. They will approve fixing the nickel and dime defects you can expect in any RV. But if you encounter a costly defect you will be instructed to get you owners Manuel out and check the fine print. Case in point, I have a 10 month old 2016 cougar with a roof that is starting to ripple in the front and the factory adhesive over the joints has some cracks in it that allowed wind to create the ripples. The fine print says owners must inspect their roof every 90 days and apply a approved material to patch that bonds with factory mastic. Camping world recommends doing this once a year. Needless to say claim denied, keystone once again made sure they could pass off any defect that was costly to the consumer. If the manufacturer won't honor their warranty, don't waste money on an extended warranty.
- Terry B, California

2020-06-26 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

My wife and I purchased our camper at the end of 2017. We have only had minimal problems with it so far. Wrapped outdoor kitchen door, thermostat, and overhead fan. We really like this camper for the layout and size for entertaining. Remember every camper will probably have some problems. It's up to you to take care of your camper as much as possible.
- Burt Swable, New York

2020-06-23 2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS View Listings

From day one we had bad experiences. We were missing a lens from one of the ceiling lights, the DVD player was faulty (and not Blu-Tooth) the ceiling molding was warped and had to be replace, a side molding on one of the sliders fell off, several of the storage doors underneath wouldn't open and had to be pried open, the outside light under the bedroom wouldn't work (still doesn't) and I could go on and on especially on the defective leaf spring holder which caused a nightmare of issues including fighting to get them to repair it under warrantee while on the road but..... We are now experiencing premature wear of the "theater seat". I contacted Camping world and we had purchased the extended warrantee on the fabric and furniture. What a disappointment that is. They will not replace the furniture, but instead contract with a "guy" who will repair it with a $200.00 limit on repair costs. AND "It won't be perfect, but that's the best we can do". The biggest fiasco though has to be Marcus Lemonis and his infamous quote, "If you're not happy, I'm not happy". He is so out of touch with his customer base. He has no idea (or, maybe he does) the dis-satisfaction of his customers and how poor of a product he is selling and how lousy the warrantees are on most of what his company offers. On that I will finish by saying.... Look long and hard before buying a camping world product. There are many other products out there. Research before buying. I will not be RV buying from Camping World again.
- Stephen Mazerolle, Florida

2020-06-13 2019 Keystone Cougar 338RLK View Listings

Traded our pull type Cougar in on this fifth wheel last year. Overall, very satisfied with all aspects of this RV. Love the auto leveling system and return to hitch mode. There are a few things I would change after using for a year. 1. Outdoor kitchen is too high. 2. Dinette set is really tight for 4 people. U shaped booth would be better. 3. A ceiling fan would be nice and ceiling is plenty tall for it. 4. Outdoor kitchen refrigerator only works on AC current. It would be nice to have a cold drink readily available while traveling. Pluses are iN·Command system allows me to control most functions from my iPhone. We recommend the Cougar and get a lot of compliments on it from friends.
- Karr Rod, Illinois

2020-06-03 2019 Keystone Cougar 361RLW View Listings

called customer support ask how to turn vent fan on give them vin number they said it didn't show were it was and that they would have to get ahold of tech support and they would email me were it was never emailed me great service tells me a lot about there customer service
- joseph, Tennessee

2020-05-24 2013 Keystone Cougar 325SRX View Listings

We have owner this RV since 2014. We tow this with a Toyota Tundra with no problems. My husband says it is very easy to maneuver when backing up. We did upgrade tires twice and the G rated tires that were just put on last August are the best. The trailer pulls behind so smoothly. We like to carry our toys so this toyhauler gives us the room we need and still room for two kids. There are no bunks so we use a fold out bed For the garage area. Plenty of storage and fit and finish is awesome.
- Ettore Marino, Florida

2020-05-14 2014 Keystone Cougar 337FLS View Listings

I bought a 2018 keystone cougar 5th wheel from day one it's been a nightmare, from the factory the shower leaked , hot water tank , the furance and roof. I paid cash for this unit , 52,000 and when this happens nobody wanted to hear it , the floor in the whole trailer and the mold is horrible, they took the trailer back to factory , I had to tow it there and it was there over 4 months. Got it back and still have issues, the furance still wasn't working and now the slide floor is rotting out. , please people say away from any keystone product . Customer service is horrible and now I have is a junk trailer worth nothing , really do your homework
- Rodney, Pennsylvania

2020-05-08 2020 Keystone Cougar 364BHL View Listings

Let me start by saying I have never posted a negative report, but this is necessary. I am an elementary school teacher, I work hard, don't ask for much, but to enjoy life not only when I get to be with all of my kiddos in class but also when I'm with my family on the weekends. Putting my trust in Keystone was a mistake. We purchased this RV new two months ago. This is our third RV, but our first Keystone We purchased it because of the full bed in the second bedroom, the center island, 1/2 bath and outdoor kitchen. Unfortunately, on our third trip within that first month of owning it, the automatic leveling system broke and had to be fixed along with the water tank sensors. The light fixers in the ceiling keep falling off as well. The biggest issue with the RV is the refrigerator. It also broke on the same third trip, which was very disappointing since we had to scramble to find coolers and ice. We brought it back to Camping World, where they had it for three weeks while waiting for permission from Keystone to replace the refrigerator. We finally got the new one installed brought it home, turned it on and the new one is also broken. Camping World is asking us to bring the RV back so that they can ask Keystone for another replacement. I'm ready to ask for a refund. Worst purchase ever and I urge anyone interested in purchasing a Keystone to look at other brands. Our last RV was a Forest River, I loved it, the floor plan of the Keystone is the only reason we switched.
- Kim Carter, Virginia

2020-03-27 2018 Keystone Cougar 34TSB View Listings

Floor plan with bunk house in back. Really like it for what we need which is people sleeping with some kids. Kitchen and main room is great. Would rather have recliners than sofa but we wanted the extra fold out bed so sacrifice. Less kids will mean adding recliners. Bathroom has been great. Main bedroom is great really. Bed isn’t perfect but they never are. Outside kitchen gets more use than expected. Number 1 negative comment is piss poor outside storage. One through compartment with small door on drivers side. Very difficult to use that side so most goes in and out from passenger side. Cosmetic problems several but not serious. It’s heavy to pull IMO. Tougher than expected. Half ton isn’t enough if much distance. All mechanical has had no issues after two years of summer and winter camping.
- Paul M, Kansas

2020-03-04 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Love it! Beautiful and spacious. Colors are perfect! Storage is good! Fireplace is an excellent touch! Love the large TVs! King size bed is a tight fit but worth it! The residential refrigerator gives plenty of room for endless groceries!
- Beverly A Jefferis, Missouri

2020-02-06 2019 Keystone Cougar 28SGS View Listings

We had a bad experience with the dealer and their service department. We are currently in Arizona with new trailer, laminating on surfaces including countertop pealing. Furnace quit on a 26degree night! Would not buy this as the construction and quality is terrible! VERY DISAPPOINTED
- Frances Warner , Ohio

2020-01-24 2020 Keystone Cougar 32RLI View Listings

We spent 12 years reviewing and looking for the perfect RV for our needs. This company has nailed it. Knock on wood, but so far, minor complications, and I have to say I have spoken to one young man ,whom was extremely helpful, we have had a company locally whom are certified warranty repair company, and no problems with customer service thus far. We do have minor issues with motorized stabilizer, and our TV wont go out of closed caption. That part of entire system is locked out. Otherwise, all has been fantastic, best experience with our dealership, Chilhowee in Knoxville, TN. Thanks to both companies for all of their service.
- Debbie McGrory, Florida

2020-01-19 2017 Keystone Cougar 26SABWE View Listings

Bought new, several things broke after a few uses. Cheap wood, screws pulling out of cabinets doors, missing and broken parts, broken kitchen exhaust, Santiflush stopped working to name a few. Poor quality, cheapest materials, very poor workmanship. Uncomfortable couches and chairs, bad living room lay out. Don’t walk away. Run!
- Shawn, Colorado

2020-01-11 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Brand new 5th wheel keystone forgot to put shut off on black water tank, furnace doesn't work, had a burn spot under the couch the wires burnt into, general rv said the fire was due to a staple in the wires shorting them out. We love the layout though.
- Ed Duncan, Michigan

2019-12-27 2020 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

We haven't had it out yet, had to take it back to the dealer to have a couple of defects fixed already. The front door hard to open and close, a couple of outside storage compartments doors wouldn't latch, hope they fix it.we dont use it alot right now, maybe twice a year, 3 weeks in August and maybe take it to the black hills this spring. Eventually we hope to go cross country and take our time doing it.its sad you spend big money on something and have problems.
- Curt Sovey, Wyoming

2019-11-17 2017 Keystone Cougar 25RES View Listings

Great floor plan with dedicated living room. Large shower and bedroom Tows great with 2500 Cummins, barely even know it’s there. Tracks great in high winds and when passing big rigs. Tons of storage underneath and inside the coach Overall quality is decent for this price range. No major issues just being picky. They could take a little more time with some things to clean up the finished product. I’d buy it again, no regrets.
- Ralph Casiello, California

2019-11-12 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHSWE View Listings

We purchased this unit in April of 2019, and used it 3 times. It is now sitting at the dealer where we purchased it. The roof is coming apart which caused leakage between the walls. The slide is bowing which is also causing leakage. The fresh water line is not working. There are numerous other things wrong. The manufacturing of this unit is very poor. I wish we would have read the reviews before purchasing. At this point keystone said they would pay for repairs, well its under warranty, so I would hope so. We don't want the unit back, based on if there is water between the walls, its going to cause further issues. We owned a Jayco for 16 years previous, and never had issue like this. Also it states 1/2 ton, no way can a 1/2 ton pickup pull this unit. Very dissapointed customer.
- Deb Wisniewski, Michigan

2019-11-09 2020 Keystone Cougar 26RBSWE View Listings

I bought my 2020 cougar 2 months ago. Ive had problems with the heat the kitchen winow has to be replaced the control panel has issues and is going in for the second time for repairs. I got up this morning to pack some clothes because i live in it with my 6 year old Grandson to get it ready for the 2nd trip to the shop and the roof is leaking. This trailer will never be the same and would like to know if this is readon enough under the lemon law.
- Loni, Washington

2019-10-28 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHSWE View Listings

Bought this rv brand new right off the lot the back door doesn't close right 2 of the windows dont close right big quarter inch gaps . Shelf behind TV broke on the first trip didnt hardly have anything on it (dvds). I have been into house building construction for 10 years and the shelf had bare minimum amount of staples and screws and was the worst design I have ever seen. After the shelf I decided to look closer at everything and come to find that the welding over most of the rv frame work is some of the worst welding I have ever seen and I have been steel fabricating for 3.5 years and have a my wabo and AWS 3g and 4g certifications. They are poor enough that I fear that my rv is going to fall apart and I will spend plenty of time redoing the welds. I will never buy a cougar rv again and would highly recommend to anyone to never buy one either.
- Marion , Idaho

2019-10-22 2018 Keystone Cougar 366RDS View Listings

In our 2 years of ownership, we haven't had to use the warranty or extended warranty at all. We had to do a small adjustment to one slide, which only required 2 wrenches and 15 minutes. We also has to tighten a couple plumbing fixtures. It's easy to clean, looks like new after a wash. We did add 2 scissor jacks at the back of the frame and a tripod for the front to make it even more stable. The remote control for the slides is a great convenience and safety feature. The pop-up TV is also great. When it's down, the windows on the back are almost 12 feet wide. This doesn't have a kitchen island, which is great because it allows access to the bedroom, bathroom, fridge, stove, and many cabinets even when all the slides are in. With the kitchen slide out, there is full access to the huge pantry. The folding cargo tray on the back made it easy to take our bikes and big Traeger grill everywhere. We even took 2 13-foot paddle boards, but we put them inside. Most campers wouldn't have room for paddle boards inside while rolling. We really liked this floor plan. Like most people, we kept looking after we bought. But, we haven't seen a model we liked better.
- Kyle, Florida

2019-10-17 2009 Keystone Cougar 29FKS View Listings

Very well maintain Great floor plan Front kitchen Large slide New tires New air conditioner Comfortable Lots of room Lots storage Camping extras Up dated Everything works Chandelier over dinette Large shower Walk around bedroom
- Sherry, Florida

2019-10-15 2018 Keystone Cougar 28SGS View Listings

Owned less than 2 years. Table kept falling over had to file complaint with attorney general’s office to get Keystone to fix the design. Black water flush doesn’t work have read valve could be in backwards haven’t checked that yet. The closet slide out roof was damaged from leaking oil from the motor had to argue with Keystone to get it fixed under warranty even tho it was a known issue. First time using the furnace and it isn’t working properly keeps cycling on and off Keystone said warranty was up. Trim keeps falling off and the kitchen cupboard doors don’t stay closed so one got damaged when I opened the slide out. Shower drain leaked and caused water to leak in the bottom storage compartment. Fortunately we found it before it did any damage. Cargo shelf bent down when we tried to put two bikes on it. Would not recommend a Keystone product.
- Marsha Zahumensky, Pennsylvania

2019-10-14 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

This Keystone model is perfect in so many ways - king bed in the master, full main living closet, 50" HDTV, vaulted ceilings, central air AND heat, full over full size bunk beds and a good size bathroom. Comfortably fits a family of 4-6. Auto leveling makes hitching and stabilizing a breeze!
- Stevie Rhiannon, Colorado

2019-10-02 2019 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

The 315RLS has a great floor plan. We bought the unit December 11th 2018.The unit overall has been good. Some minor issues with the kingsize bed platform I had to redo and secure again.The main problem I have had is the rear Dometic A/C went out 6 months aftercwe bought it. This was only used 4 times on weekend trips. Then the Refrigerator went out. Thank goodness it runs on gas and electric. Had to run it on gas on out next trip as the electric dometic unit did not function. On the A/C unit I called the dealer and was told only they would service it. Other Dealers would not. I called Camping world and got no satisfaction. So now the extended warrenty 6 years is somewhat useless. The Keystone was called and Dometic co. (by my repair man, local) and did get them to send a new unit and it was installed. So far working. After me having to pay costs of install $300.00 As for the refrig I called a repair man that does Dometic and he came out and replaced a outside fuse and it seems to be working. Afain my out of pocket costs was $155.80. Hoping the next trip is uneventful It is Oct.2019
- Thomson Gallagher, Florida

2019-10-01 2016 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

The Keystone Cougar 333MKS is an excellent 5th wheel. It is roomy and comfortable. The storage capacity is incredible. It has the full size shower with a seat. The living area is large with a full size couch and two full recliners. Windows are all the way around allowing plenty of natural light in. The kitchen is perfect with lots of storage. It tows easily and sets up quickly. All around perfect!
- Vaughn Boyman, Montana