Keystone Cougar Reviews on RV Insider (123)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Terry B from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Buyer beware, very nice unit , tows great but pray you do not have any warranty issues. They will approve fixing the nickel and dime defects you can expect in any RV. But if you encounter a costly defect you will be instructed to get you owners Manuel out and check the fine print. Case in point, I have a 10 month old 2016 cougar with a roof that is starting to ripple in the front and the factory adhesive over the joints has some cracks in it that allowed wind to create the ripples. The fine print says owners must inspect their roof every 90 days and apply a approved material to patch that bonds with factory mastic. Camping world recommends doing this once a year. Needless to say claim denied, keystone once again made sure they could pass off any defect that was costly to the consumer. If the manufacturer won't honor their warranty, don't waste money on an extended warranty.
- Terry B, California

2020-11-02 2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

I was surprized how well the cabinets are built Has rear bunks basic floorplan ,but two seperate entrances to bedroom big bathroom decent size shower we love it! However, theres a smell! not mold but sweaty rv when not in use the smell carries on anything you bring home I once called keystone and they told me i should get private testing done (Really?) I dont like customer service, never able to help me
- steve rosenberg, New Jersey

2020-10-20 2021 Keystone Cougar 26RBS21 View Listings

Well I have owned this travel trailer for less than 30 days now and after receiving our real first rain in our area I noticed that the skylight in the shower is leaking. Upon further inspection I noticed cracking around the decoration portion of the skylight next to one of the screws, which looks like it was over tightened when they install it. The part that really chaps my hide is that, according to the dealership service department, if the skylight needs to be re-sealed then sealing is not covered under the warranty and therefore the cost of the sealant and the techs time comes out of my own pocket (kinda sucks for only having the trailer for less than a month and using it for nothing more than a home office). Heck, even a car dealership will cover something within the first x amount of days (usually 30) if you find something wrong that needs fixing.
- mmessuri@4rsons.com, Ohio

2020-10-14 2019 Keystone Cougar 368MBI View Listings

We love the layout and decore, but Im not impressed with the dual fuel Dometic refrigerator. Very spacious living area,and the heating/ac systems are sized right. However the toilet is not user friendly especially if your a guy. And for kids to use it, the toilet is too tall for them. So overall would we recommend getting this camper, yes! Its a great rig for a family!
- Rene, New Hampshire

2020-10-06 2021 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

Well I haven’t got to taking it camping yet, due to problems strait from the factory. I had this unit delivered to my house and this is where the problems started. Upon initial inspection the inside was scuffed, scratched, paneling peeled off, wall paper peeled off, about a dozen random holes thru out the walls. It had missing pull handles on both gray water tanks, had the wrong bunk mattress, and several screws and bolts missing from exterior. The first night it rained and the slide out leaked like crazy, which soaked the carpet and discolored the wood trim. So after a week or so of arguing with the dealership about all these issues, they came and picked it up and promised to fix it back to the shape that a brand new trailer should be. It’s been 3 weeks and when I call to check the status I am told it will likely be 2 months before they can get any parts from the factory to fix any issues. At this point I would rather just have my money back and wash my hands of that trailer and the dealership I bought it from.
- Matt Henson, Texas

2020-09-30 2020 Keystone Cougar 364BHL View Listings

This RV has a Lot of nice perks. I love the stereo you can listen to it inside and outside at the same time. Has fancy lighting around the island. The front of the fifth wheel has some fancy lighting. The leveling system Is automatic. The awnings have lights on them. There’s a lot of room if you have grandkids over or if you have children. The second bedroom has a bunk on top that’s a regular size Bed that you can walk under to the bottom bed. It Has a large closet with some drawers. Lots of storage under the bed in the second bedroom. Has a bathroom off of that second bedroom. There’s a lot of storage in the kitchen under the benches around the table there’s storage under there in a very large pantry. The shower is very roomy both of the toilets in both bathrooms is porcelain. There’s a medicine cabinet in both bathrooms. There’s Cabinets under both sinks in the bathrooms. In the big bathroom there’s an extra cabinet with two drawers and two shelves. In the master bedroom the storage underneath the bed. There’s two side tables above the side tables or two cabinets. There’s a closet for clothes. And six drawers Under the closet. Above the bed in the in the master is a big window that you can look out of. From the outside you can’t tell that it’s a window. This is a very very nice RV. We love it.
- Rema Williams, Alabama

2020-09-16 2011 Keystone Cougar 298BHS View Listings

Beautiful unit. The half bath in the bunk room with slide out allows privacy for children, and guests. This added feature is a MUST have and many units are denied bc of space. Loaded with options. Keystone gets it right with the polar package, added cozy floors, and walls while other units fall short during chilly days and camps.
- orourkew15, Maryland

2020-09-08 2020 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

We Bought our camper from Camping World in Center Conway NH. NOT A FAN. Had a delivery overview of camper. Never mentioned to us anything about the little things about the camper. Didn’t know until we had issues with the TV that a Shade was over head. Also a control for owning on the outside for 3 months. Keystone doesn’t pay any attention to details.
- Kevin , New Hampshire

2020-08-31 2019 Keystone Cougar 311RES View Listings

Very nice 5th wheel RV with excellent floor plan and plenty of space to live! Pulls very well on the road with my 2500HD Silverado! Due to the size of the RV, would advise adding rear and side camera's for improved visibility however an impressive mobile house on wheels.
- James L. West, Kentucky

2020-08-21 2019 Keystone Cougar 364BHL View Listings

this trailer is not worth the money, its cheaply made we have had nothing but problems, first led light had to be replace on owning brand new, next trim piece below slide out blew off down the road, next the brackets on water tank broke loose had no water all weekend. would not recommend this trailer possibly this brand as well.
- Darlene Hostetter, Wyoming

2020-08-09 2010 Keystone Cougar 324RLB View Listings

RVs are what you get when carpenters try to build trucks. The engineering on rvs is pathetic, no for thought on maintenance accessibility after manufacturing is complete. And EVERYONE complains about warranty work. Bottom line, you get what you pay for with Keystone, bad company management puts out a product that puts out a product everyone complains about when they turn to the company for warranty. Get your act together Keystone.
- Bill Porter, Oregon

2020-08-08 2017 Keystone Cougar 30RLI View Listings

This is a very nice unit, we bought it for its roominess and livability. It has 3 slides and a large open floor plan with an island in the kitchen. There's a large corner shower and a lot of storage in the bathroom. And we added a lift to the commode for ease of use. The bedroom has a RV king mattress and the closet extends across the whole width of the front end. This unit is also equipped a polar package for all whether use, and automatic leveling jacks for ease of set up. We've added a second a/c unit. And had all 3 slides adjusted and new guides added to both rear slides. It has 5 new Goodyear tires with less than 500 miles. We recently had the entire unit gone through and serviced by Lewis RV's Service Dept. in OKC. She's ready to go on the road...
- Anna Lohman, Oklahoma

2020-07-24 2017 Keystone Cougar 30RLI View Listings

This unit has apposing slides in living area making it very roomy with an open floor plan. And it also has a bedroom slide which makes it great for long term stays or even possible extended living. It has auto leveling for ease of setup. This is a very nice and very clean unit. All equipment and appliances work great!
- Randy Lohman , Oklahoma

2020-07-22 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

This is a really nice 5th wheel in excellent condition. I didn't purchase it because I needed something a bit smaller. But, man is this a nice rig. I strongly recommend this Cougar 5th wheel to anyone looking for luxury camping. I especially like the outside kitchen with the beer fridge and gas grill.
- Tom Thumb, California

2020-07-03 2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB View Listings

We’re on our 8th season with this camper. We started with a baby in a playpen and a toddler on the bottom bunk, both in the bunkroom. We could close the bedroom door during nap/bedtime and still enjoy the rest of the camper. It is still suiting us perfectly as the kids get larger. The tanks are huge for trips with no services. The underneath storage fits everything we need. My only complaint is the lack of clothing storage in both bedrooms. Make sure to get the bedroom slide.
- Dean , Manitoba

2020-06-26 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

My wife and I purchased our camper at the end of 2017. We have only had minimal problems with it so far. Wrapped outdoor kitchen door, thermostat, and overhead fan. We really like this camper for the layout and size for entertaining. Remember every camper will probably have some problems. It's up to you to take care of your camper as much as possible.
- Burt Swable, New York

2020-06-23 2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS View Listings

From day one we had bad experiences. We were missing a lens from one of the ceiling lights, the DVD player was faulty (and not Blu-Tooth) the ceiling molding was warped and had to be replace, a side molding on one of the sliders fell off, several of the storage doors underneath wouldn't open and had to be pried open, the outside light under the bedroom wouldn't work (still doesn't) and I could go on and on especially on the defective leaf spring holder which caused a nightmare of issues including fighting to get them to repair it under warrantee while on the road but..... We are now experiencing premature wear of the "theater seat". I contacted Camping world and we had purchased the extended warrantee on the fabric and furniture. What a disappointment that is. They will not replace the furniture, but instead contract with a "guy" who will repair it with a $200.00 limit on repair costs. AND "It won't be perfect, but that's the best we can do". The biggest fiasco though has to be Marcus Lemonis and his infamous quote, "If you're not happy, I'm not happy". He is so out of touch with his customer base. He has no idea (or, maybe he does) the dis-satisfaction of his customers and how poor of a product he is selling and how lousy the warrantees are on most of what his company offers. On that I will finish by saying.... Look long and hard before buying a camping world product. There are many other products out there. Research before buying. I will not be RV buying from Camping World again.
- Stephen Mazerolle, Florida

2020-06-13 2019 Keystone Cougar 338RLK View Listings

Traded our pull type Cougar in on this fifth wheel last year. Overall, very satisfied with all aspects of this RV. Love the auto leveling system and return to hitch mode. There are a few things I would change after using for a year. 1. Outdoor kitchen is too high. 2. Dinette set is really tight for 4 people. U shaped booth would be better. 3. A ceiling fan would be nice and ceiling is plenty tall for it. 4. Outdoor kitchen refrigerator only works on AC current. It would be nice to have a cold drink readily available while traveling. Pluses are iN·Command system allows me to control most functions from my iPhone. We recommend the Cougar and get a lot of compliments on it from friends.
- Karr Rod, Illinois

2020-06-03 2019 Keystone Cougar 361RLW View Listings

called customer support ask how to turn vent fan on give them vin number they said it didn't show were it was and that they would have to get ahold of tech support and they would email me were it was never emailed me great service tells me a lot about there customer service
- joseph, Tennessee

2020-05-24 2013 Keystone Cougar 325SRX View Listings

We have owner this RV since 2014. We tow this with a Toyota Tundra with no problems. My husband says it is very easy to maneuver when backing up. We did upgrade tires twice and the G rated tires that were just put on last August are the best. The trailer pulls behind so smoothly. We like to carry our toys so this toyhauler gives us the room we need and still room for two kids. There are no bunks so we use a fold out bed For the garage area. Plenty of storage and fit and finish is awesome.
- Ettore Marino, Florida

2020-05-14 2014 Keystone Cougar 337FLS View Listings

I bought a 2018 keystone cougar 5th wheel from day one it's been a nightmare, from the factory the shower leaked , hot water tank , the furance and roof. I paid cash for this unit , 52,000 and when this happens nobody wanted to hear it , the floor in the whole trailer and the mold is horrible, they took the trailer back to factory , I had to tow it there and it was there over 4 months. Got it back and still have issues, the furance still wasn't working and now the slide floor is rotting out. , please people say away from any keystone product . Customer service is horrible and now I have is a junk trailer worth nothing , really do your homework
- Rodney, Pennsylvania

2020-05-08 2020 Keystone Cougar 364BHL View Listings

Let me start by saying I have never posted a negative report, but this is necessary. I am an elementary school teacher, I work hard, don't ask for much, but to enjoy life not only when I get to be with all of my kiddos in class but also when I'm with my family on the weekends. Putting my trust in Keystone was a mistake. We purchased this RV new two months ago. This is our third RV, but our first Keystone We purchased it because of the full bed in the second bedroom, the center island, 1/2 bath and outdoor kitchen. Unfortunately, on our third trip within that first month of owning it, the automatic leveling system broke and had to be fixed along with the water tank sensors. The light fixers in the ceiling keep falling off as well. The biggest issue with the RV is the refrigerator. It also broke on the same third trip, which was very disappointing since we had to scramble to find coolers and ice. We brought it back to Camping World, where they had it for three weeks while waiting for permission from Keystone to replace the refrigerator. We finally got the new one installed brought it home, turned it on and the new one is also broken. Camping World is asking us to bring the RV back so that they can ask Keystone for another replacement. I'm ready to ask for a refund. Worst purchase ever and I urge anyone interested in purchasing a Keystone to look at other brands. Our last RV was a Forest River, I loved it, the floor plan of the Keystone is the only reason we switched.
- Kim Carter, Virginia

2020-03-27 2018 Keystone Cougar 34TSB View Listings

Floor plan with bunk house in back. Really like it for what we need which is people sleeping with some kids. Kitchen and main room is great. Would rather have recliners than sofa but we wanted the extra fold out bed so sacrifice. Less kids will mean adding recliners. Bathroom has been great. Main bedroom is great really. Bed isn’t perfect but they never are. Outside kitchen gets more use than expected. Number 1 negative comment is piss poor outside storage. One through compartment with small door on drivers side. Very difficult to use that side so most goes in and out from passenger side. Cosmetic problems several but not serious. It’s heavy to pull IMO. Tougher than expected. Half ton isn’t enough if much distance. All mechanical has had no issues after two years of summer and winter camping.
- Paul M, Kansas

2020-03-04 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Love it! Beautiful and spacious. Colors are perfect! Storage is good! Fireplace is an excellent touch! Love the large TVs! King size bed is a tight fit but worth it! The residential refrigerator gives plenty of room for endless groceries!
- Beverly A Jefferis, Missouri

2020-02-06 2019 Keystone Cougar 28SGS View Listings

We had a bad experience with the dealer and their service department. We are currently in Arizona with new trailer, laminating on surfaces including countertop pealing. Furnace quit on a 26degree night! Would not buy this as the construction and quality is terrible! VERY DISAPPOINTED
- Frances Warner , Ohio