Keystone Cougar Reviews on RV Insider (102)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Terry B from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Buyer beware, very nice unit , tows great but pray you do not have any warranty issues. They will approve fixing the nickel and dime defects you can expect in any RV. But if you encounter a costly defect you will be instructed to get you owners Manuel out and check the fine print. Case in point, I have a 10 month old 2016 cougar with a roof that is starting to ripple in the front and the factory adhesive over the joints has some cracks in it that allowed wind to create the ripples. The fine print says owners must inspect their roof every 90 days and apply a approved material to patch that bonds with factory mastic. Camping world recommends doing this once a year. Needless to say claim denied, keystone once again made sure they could pass off any defect that was costly to the consumer. If the manufacturer won't honor their warranty, don't waste money on an extended warranty.
- Terry B, California

2020-03-27 2018 Keystone Cougar 34TSB View Listings

Floor plan with bunk house in back. Really like it for what we need which is people sleeping with some kids. Kitchen and main room is great. Would rather have recliners than sofa but we wanted the extra fold out bed so sacrifice. Less kids will mean adding recliners. Bathroom has been great. Main bedroom is great really. Bed isn’t perfect but they never are. Outside kitchen gets more use than expected. Number 1 negative comment is piss poor outside storage. One through compartment with small door on drivers side. Very difficult to use that side so most goes in and out from passenger side. Cosmetic problems several but not serious. It’s heavy to pull IMO. Tougher than expected. Half ton isn’t enough if much distance. All mechanical has had no issues after two years of summer and winter camping.
- Paul M, Kansas

2020-03-04 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Love it! Beautiful and spacious. Colors are perfect! Storage is good! Fireplace is an excellent touch! Love the large TVs! King size bed is a tight fit but worth it! The residential refrigerator gives plenty of room for endless groceries!
- Beverly A Jefferis, Missouri

2020-02-06 2019 Keystone Cougar 28SGS View Listings

We had a bad experience with the dealer and their service department. We are currently in Arizona with new trailer, laminating on surfaces including countertop pealing. Furnace quit on a 26degree night! Would not buy this as the construction and quality is terrible! VERY DISAPPOINTED
- Frances Warner , Ohio

2020-01-24 2020 Keystone Cougar 32RLI View Listings

We spent 12 years reviewing and looking for the perfect RV for our needs. This company has nailed it. Knock on wood, but so far, minor complications, and I have to say I have spoken to one young man ,whom was extremely helpful, we have had a company locally whom are certified warranty repair company, and no problems with customer service thus far. We do have minor issues with motorized stabilizer, and our TV wont go out of closed caption. That part of entire system is locked out. Otherwise, all has been fantastic, best experience with our dealership, Chilhowee in Knoxville, TN. Thanks to both companies for all of their service.
- Debbie McGrory, Florida

2020-01-19 2017 Keystone Cougar 26SABWE View Listings

Bought new, several things broke after a few uses. Cheap wood, screws pulling out of cabinets doors, missing and broken parts, broken kitchen exhaust, Santiflush stopped working to name a few. Poor quality, cheapest materials, very poor workmanship. Uncomfortable couches and chairs, bad living room lay out. Don’t walk away. Run!
- Shawn, Colorado

2020-01-11 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Brand new 5th wheel keystone forgot to put shut off on black water tank, furnace doesn't work, had a burn spot under the couch the wires burnt into, general rv said the fire was due to a staple in the wires shorting them out. We love the layout though.
- Ed Duncan, Michigan

2019-12-27 2020 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

We haven't had it out yet, had to take it back to the dealer to have a couple of defects fixed already. The front door hard to open and close, a couple of outside storage compartments doors wouldn't latch, hope they fix it.we dont use it alot right now, maybe twice a year, 3 weeks in August and maybe take it to the black hills this spring. Eventually we hope to go cross country and take our time doing it.its sad you spend big money on something and have problems.
- Curt Sovey, Wyoming

2019-11-17 2017 Keystone Cougar 25RES View Listings

Great floor plan with dedicated living room. Large shower and bedroom Tows great with 2500 Cummins, barely even know it’s there. Tracks great in high winds and when passing big rigs. Tons of storage underneath and inside the coach Overall quality is decent for this price range. No major issues just being picky. They could take a little more time with some things to clean up the finished product. I’d buy it again, no regrets.
- Ralph Casiello, California

2019-11-12 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHSWE View Listings

We purchased this unit in April of 2019, and used it 3 times. It is now sitting at the dealer where we purchased it. The roof is coming apart which caused leakage between the walls. The slide is bowing which is also causing leakage. The fresh water line is not working. There are numerous other things wrong. The manufacturing of this unit is very poor. I wish we would have read the reviews before purchasing. At this point keystone said they would pay for repairs, well its under warranty, so I would hope so. We don't want the unit back, based on if there is water between the walls, its going to cause further issues. We owned a Jayco for 16 years previous, and never had issue like this. Also it states 1/2 ton, no way can a 1/2 ton pickup pull this unit. Very dissapointed customer.
- Deb Wisniewski, Michigan

2019-11-09 2020 Keystone Cougar 26RBSWE View Listings

I bought my 2020 cougar 2 months ago. Ive had problems with the heat the kitchen winow has to be replaced the control panel has issues and is going in for the second time for repairs. I got up this morning to pack some clothes because i live in it with my 6 year old Grandson to get it ready for the 2nd trip to the shop and the roof is leaking. This trailer will never be the same and would like to know if this is readon enough under the lemon law.
- Loni, Washington

2019-10-28 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHSWE View Listings

Bought this rv brand new right off the lot the back door doesn't close right 2 of the windows dont close right big quarter inch gaps . Shelf behind TV broke on the first trip didnt hardly have anything on it (dvds). I have been into house building construction for 10 years and the shelf had bare minimum amount of staples and screws and was the worst design I have ever seen. After the shelf I decided to look closer at everything and come to find that the welding over most of the rv frame work is some of the worst welding I have ever seen and I have been steel fabricating for 3.5 years and have a my wabo and AWS 3g and 4g certifications. They are poor enough that I fear that my rv is going to fall apart and I will spend plenty of time redoing the welds. I will never buy a cougar rv again and would highly recommend to anyone to never buy one either.
- Marion , Idaho

2019-10-22 2018 Keystone Cougar 366RDS View Listings

In our 2 years of ownership, we haven't had to use the warranty or extended warranty at all. We had to do a small adjustment to one slide, which only required 2 wrenches and 15 minutes. We also has to tighten a couple plumbing fixtures. It's easy to clean, looks like new after a wash. We did add 2 scissor jacks at the back of the frame and a tripod for the front to make it even more stable. The remote control for the slides is a great convenience and safety feature. The pop-up TV is also great. When it's down, the windows on the back are almost 12 feet wide. This doesn't have a kitchen island, which is great because it allows access to the bedroom, bathroom, fridge, stove, and many cabinets even when all the slides are in. With the kitchen slide out, there is full access to the huge pantry. The folding cargo tray on the back made it easy to take our bikes and big Traeger grill everywhere. We even took 2 13-foot paddle boards, but we put them inside. Most campers wouldn't have room for paddle boards inside while rolling. We really liked this floor plan. Like most people, we kept looking after we bought. But, we haven't seen a model we liked better.
- Kyle, Florida

2019-10-17 2009 Keystone Cougar 29FKS View Listings

Very well maintain Great floor plan Front kitchen Large slide New tires New air conditioner Comfortable Lots of room Lots storage Camping extras Up dated Everything works Chandelier over dinette Large shower Walk around bedroom
- Sherry, Florida

2019-10-15 2018 Keystone Cougar 28SGS View Listings

Owned less than 2 years. Table kept falling over had to file complaint with attorney general’s office to get Keystone to fix the design. Black water flush doesn’t work have read valve could be in backwards haven’t checked that yet. The closet slide out roof was damaged from leaking oil from the motor had to argue with Keystone to get it fixed under warranty even tho it was a known issue. First time using the furnace and it isn’t working properly keeps cycling on and off Keystone said warranty was up. Trim keeps falling off and the kitchen cupboard doors don’t stay closed so one got damaged when I opened the slide out. Shower drain leaked and caused water to leak in the bottom storage compartment. Fortunately we found it before it did any damage. Cargo shelf bent down when we tried to put two bikes on it. Would not recommend a Keystone product.
- Marsha Zahumensky, Pennsylvania

2019-10-14 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

This Keystone model is perfect in so many ways - king bed in the master, full main living closet, 50" HDTV, vaulted ceilings, central air AND heat, full over full size bunk beds and a good size bathroom. Comfortably fits a family of 4-6. Auto leveling makes hitching and stabilizing a breeze!
- Stevie Rhiannon, Colorado

2019-10-02 2019 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

The 315RLS has a great floor plan. We bought the unit December 11th 2018.The unit overall has been good. Some minor issues with the kingsize bed platform I had to redo and secure again.The main problem I have had is the rear Dometic A/C went out 6 months aftercwe bought it. This was only used 4 times on weekend trips. Then the Refrigerator went out. Thank goodness it runs on gas and electric. Had to run it on gas on out next trip as the electric dometic unit did not function. On the A/C unit I called the dealer and was told only they would service it. Other Dealers would not. I called Camping world and got no satisfaction. So now the extended warrenty 6 years is somewhat useless. The Keystone was called and Dometic co. (by my repair man, local) and did get them to send a new unit and it was installed. So far working. After me having to pay costs of install $300.00 As for the refrig I called a repair man that does Dometic and he came out and replaced a outside fuse and it seems to be working. Afain my out of pocket costs was $155.80. Hoping the next trip is uneventful It is Oct.2019
- Thomson Gallagher, Florida

2019-10-01 2016 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

The Keystone Cougar 333MKS is an excellent 5th wheel. It is roomy and comfortable. The storage capacity is incredible. It has the full size shower with a seat. The living area is large with a full size couch and two full recliners. Windows are all the way around allowing plenty of natural light in. The kitchen is perfect with lots of storage. It tows easily and sets up quickly. All around perfect!
- Vaughn Boyman, Montana

2019-08-31 2013 Keystone Cougar 293SAB View Listings

Most livable and enjoyable trailer of the many that I have owned. The bunk room and the attached 1/2 bathroom and the rest of the floorplan layout are excellent for long time living. I have lived in this 5th wheel for for periods up to 9 straight weeks with not a one issue to mention. Just finished a 5 week excursion, this time travelling some 4500 klm without one issue to mention. Pulls excellent behind my 1999 Ford F250 Super Duty Heavy duty with the 7.3 diesel.Tank level indicators extremely accurate compared to many of our previous trailers.Furnace is away from main bedroom and therefore no furnace noise for sleeping. A great unit.
- Mike, Ontario

2019-08-23 2016 Keystone Cougar 21RBS View Listings

Great RV. Love the flip up step into the storage area underneath. Toilet, shower, and sink are in separate areas. Kitchen is arranged nicely. Is a great length for National Parks. Have towed it to AZ, the Midwest, Canada, Yellowstone and Glacier NP. When not in use, has been undercover. Decided to go the motor home route instead of 5th wheel
- Connie, Washington

2019-08-21 2016 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

When we purchased the Rv we absolutely loved it! The layout is great and we own a 350 diesel so towing was easy! We did have some problems with a leaky shower which my husband had to actually fix! Fast forward to 3 years in and upon inspection of the roof my husband found a leaky roof where the seem comes together with the rubber roof meet! After my husband contacting the dealer they could have cared less! When my husband asked about the 12 year warranty they told him that was only for the actual roof so to caulk it himself!! 😳... we ended up calling Keystone directly and after talking with them they said the same thing! So now we have a leaky roof and a closet that the boards are all bubbled up from the water damage! Do not buy a Keystone! They could care less about customers.... Never will buy from them again! The seem is totally a part of the roof and should be under Warranty! Terrible customer service!!!
- Darbie Ross, Michigan

2019-08-19 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

This is a very spacious RV plenty of options. We’ve had nothing but problems from D laminated slides warped moldings warped outdoor kitchen door cable TV issues broken thermostats we had to have a slide completely taken out and restored this is our second Keystone cougar,we are very unhappy with the quality and when I contacted Keystone directly they told me I have to leave room for error because they’re Put together by piece work.
- Jason, Massachusetts

2019-08-07 2015 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

This is the best floor plan I have ever owned. Shopped a long time before we bought it. Towing is a dream, kitchen and storage are excellent. island in kitchen is great. sleeping arrangements are great for two couples or kids and parents. Bathroom is roomy, fireplace is wonderful in cold camping environments, very quite, great ventilation, 2 ACs make the coach very comfortable when it is 95 outside. Has a great turn radius without using the slide on the hitch, one of keystones better efforts.
- J Bailey, Florida

2019-07-27 2019 Keystone Cougar 29RLD View Listings

1.Could not even take it camping right after purchasing. Furnace would stop working after 2 mins of running. Took it back to the dealer the next day. They said it would be a week before they could get it in for service. I was not happy and was not leaving until someone checked it out. A counter person came out and said their was nothing wrong with it. The furnace was running but the blower fan didn't seem to be working properly. They did nothing else. 80 miles later at home, I started using logic and started replacing fuses. It turns out that the furnace fuse was defective and would open up after a few minutes of the furnace running. 2. Before going on my 1st trip I laid down on the bed and the entire bed fell off of the slide out. Upon inspection I found the mounting screws were not properly installed and in fact some were missing. I had to make the repairs myself just to be able to get the slide out in. 3. Mouldings on the bed fell off on the first trip out. 4. Mouldings on the bathroom door frame popped off while traveling to my campsite. 5. The sliding door to the bathroom came off its track. Upon inspection, the door slide stop was missing. 6. The bathroom door was difficult to close. Upon inspection, I found the door hinge was bent. 7. The door would also not line up with the door handle plunger so it could be locked. 8. The shower must have been installed incorrectly. It does not drain completely unless that side of the trailer is lower. 9. The sliding shade next to the table was improperly installed doesn't completely cover windows when pulled down. Also there are multiple holes drilled. Looks like someone didn't know what they were doing. Window box screw was never installed. 10. Shade over the couch does not stay up and it also does not cover the window completely when pulled down. 11. Straps for securing the TV during transport are not the correct straps. They are to long. 12. While washing my trailer, I climbed on top of the camper and washed all the dust that had settled on it under its shelter. I found where someone had used a pressure washer on the roofs covering and cut it with the spray. Either it was done at the factory or it was done during prep for delivery.
- Kenneth Downing, Georgia

2019-07-23 2005 Keystone Cougar 285RL View Listings

My first 5th wheel was a new Montana made in Canada before the "buy out"-- Fantastic---Great sold it with 60,ooo miles on it. Then a New KZ toy hauler, loaded, generator etc. Sold it with 25,000 miles. OK 5th wheel.. Then a used Cougar 31 foot with 2 bedrooms. Good unit sold it with 20,000 miles. Then decided to try a trailer light weight 22 foot. Springdale sold after one 8,000 mile trip. Sway, bounce you name it, nothing like a 5th wheel. Next I brought a Cougar 285 RL, actual 31 foot. 4 season unit again. This the unit I have for the past 3 years. I have been to Indiana where trailers are built. Little disappointment in watching these trailers being built. I feel quality control is lacking. Here's my most recent complaint. I came back from a short trip and realized a had a water leak in my fresh water tank which is in the rear of the unit. I removed the hard plastic sheeting to inspect the water tank. I discovered the 1 1/4 inch SELF TAPING SREWS that hold the sheeting, were put into the frame sticking right up 1/4 inch below the water tank. As the tank expands and bulge it hits the screws and creates a hole. In My case there was two screws under the right side of the tank. I contacted Keystone to see if there a way to make a repair of the 1/32nd inch hole, believing this must of happened before. I was told No and I should replace the tank. Remember about 600-800 dollars to replace it. The unit is out of warranty. NO Help. In an effort to help not have this happen to other people I suggested a note be sent to their engineering to change the length and location of the screws holding the plastic. I was told it's not needed and all quality control protections were in place. I reminded her that if good quality control was in place I wouldn't have a hole in my water tank from a screw that is too long and in the wrong place. I got no help. Though research I discovered people who had the same problem and it was suggested using well test plugs. This a rubber insert, that has a screw and nut Drill a small hole to match the plug size and put it in. When you tighten the screw it tightens down on itself making a water tight plug. My leak is fixed. No help to Keystone.
- John G, Pennsylvania