Keystone Cougar RVs Reviews (91)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Terry B from California says:

Have you owned any Keystone Cougar RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Buyer beware, very nice unit , tows great but pray you do not have any warranty issues. They will approve fixing the nickel and dime defects you can expect in any RV. But if you encounter a costly defect you will be instructed to get you owners Manuel out and check the fine print. Case in point, I have a 10 month old 2016 cougar with a roof that is starting to ripple in the front and the factory adhesive over the joints has some cracks in it that allowed wind to create the ripples. The fine print says owners must inspect their roof every 90 days and apply a approved material to patch that bonds with factory mastic. Camping world recommends doing this once a year. Needless to say claim denied, keystone once again made sure they could pass off any defect that was costly to the consumer. If the manufacturer won't honor their warranty, don't waste money on an extended warranty.
- Terry B, California

2019-10-22 2018 Keystone Cougar 366RDS View Listings

In our 2 years of ownership, we haven't had to use the warranty or extended warranty at all. We had to do a small adjustment to one slide, which only required 2 wrenches and 15 minutes. We also has to tighten a couple plumbing fixtures. It's easy to clean, looks like new after a wash. We did add 2 scissor jacks at the back of the frame and a tripod for the front to make it even more stable. The remote control for the slides is a great convenience and safety feature. The pop-up TV is also great. When it's down, the windows on the back are almost 12 feet wide. This doesn't have a kitchen island, which is great because it allows access to the bedroom, bathroom, fridge, stove, and many cabinets even when all the slides are in. With the kitchen slide out, there is full access to the huge pantry. The folding cargo tray on the back made it easy to take our bikes and big Traeger grill everywhere. We even took 2 13-foot paddle boards, but we put them inside. Most campers wouldn't have room for paddle boards inside while rolling. We really liked this floor plan. Like most people, we kept looking after we bought. But, we haven't seen a model we liked better.
- Kyle, Florida

2019-10-17 2009 Keystone Cougar 29FKS View Listings

Very well maintain Great floor plan Front kitchen Large slide New tires New air conditioner Comfortable Lots of room Lots storage Camping extras Up dated Everything works Chandelier over dinette Large shower Walk around bedroom
- Sherry, Florida

2019-10-15 2018 Keystone Cougar 28SGS View Listings

Owned less than 2 years. Table kept falling over had to file complaint with attorney general’s office to get Keystone to fix the design. Black water flush doesn’t work have read valve could be in backwards haven’t checked that yet. The closet slide out roof was damaged from leaking oil from the motor had to argue with Keystone to get it fixed under warranty even tho it was a known issue. First time using the furnace and it isn’t working properly keeps cycling on and off Keystone said warranty was up. Trim keeps falling off and the kitchen cupboard doors don’t stay closed so one got damaged when I opened the slide out. Shower drain leaked and caused water to leak in the bottom storage compartment. Fortunately we found it before it did any damage. Cargo shelf bent down when we tried to put two bikes on it. Would not recommend a Keystone product.
- Marsha Zahumensky, Pennsylvania

2019-10-14 2018 Keystone Cougar 29BHS View Listings

This Keystone model is perfect in so many ways - king bed in the master, full main living closet, 50" HDTV, vaulted ceilings, central air AND heat, full over full size bunk beds and a good size bathroom. Comfortably fits a family of 4-6. Auto leveling makes hitching and stabilizing a breeze!
- Stevie Rhiannon, Colorado

2019-10-02 2019 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

The 315RLS has a great floor plan. We bought the unit December 11th 2018.The unit overall has been good. Some minor issues with the kingsize bed platform I had to redo and secure again.The main problem I have had is the rear Dometic A/C went out 6 months aftercwe bought it. This was only used 4 times on weekend trips. Then the Refrigerator went out. Thank goodness it runs on gas and electric. Had to run it on gas on out next trip as the electric dometic unit did not function. On the A/C unit I called the dealer and was told only they would service it. Other Dealers would not. I called Camping world and got no satisfaction. So now the extended warrenty 6 years is somewhat useless. The Keystone was called and Dometic co. (by my repair man, local) and did get them to send a new unit and it was installed. So far working. After me having to pay costs of install $300.00 As for the refrig I called a repair man that does Dometic and he came out and replaced a outside fuse and it seems to be working. Afain my out of pocket costs was $155.80. Hoping the next trip is uneventful It is Oct.2019
- Thomson Gallagher, Florida

2019-10-01 2016 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

The Keystone Cougar 333MKS is an excellent 5th wheel. It is roomy and comfortable. The storage capacity is incredible. It has the full size shower with a seat. The living area is large with a full size couch and two full recliners. Windows are all the way around allowing plenty of natural light in. The kitchen is perfect with lots of storage. It tows easily and sets up quickly. All around perfect!
- Vaughn Boyman, Montana

2019-08-31 2013 Keystone Cougar 293SAB View Listings

Most livable and enjoyable trailer of the many that I have owned. The bunk room and the attached 1/2 bathroom and the rest of the floorplan layout are excellent for long time living. I have lived in this 5th wheel for for periods up to 9 straight weeks with not a one issue to mention. Just finished a 5 week excursion, this time travelling some 4500 klm without one issue to mention. Pulls excellent behind my 1999 Ford F250 Super Duty Heavy duty with the 7.3 diesel.Tank level indicators extremely accurate compared to many of our previous trailers.Furnace is away from main bedroom and therefore no furnace noise for sleeping. A great unit.
- Mike, Ontario

2019-08-23 2016 Keystone Cougar 21RBS View Listings

Great RV. Love the flip up step into the storage area underneath. Toilet, shower, and sink are in separate areas. Kitchen is arranged nicely. Is a great length for National Parks. Have towed it to AZ, the Midwest, Canada, Yellowstone and Glacier NP. When not in use, has been undercover. Decided to go the motor home route instead of 5th wheel
- Connie, Washington

2019-08-21 2016 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

When we purchased the Rv we absolutely loved it! The layout is great and we own a 350 diesel so towing was easy! We did have some problems with a leaky shower which my husband had to actually fix! Fast forward to 3 years in and upon inspection of the roof my husband found a leaky roof where the seem comes together with the rubber roof meet! After my husband contacting the dealer they could have cared less! When my husband asked about the 12 year warranty they told him that was only for the actual roof so to caulk it himself!! 😳... we ended up calling Keystone directly and after talking with them they said the same thing! So now we have a leaky roof and a closet that the boards are all bubbled up from the water damage! Do not buy a Keystone! They could care less about customers.... Never will buy from them again! The seem is totally a part of the roof and should be under Warranty! Terrible customer service!!!
- Darbie Ross, Michigan

2019-08-19 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

This is a very spacious RV plenty of options. We’ve had nothing but problems from D laminated slides warped moldings warped outdoor kitchen door cable TV issues broken thermostats we had to have a slide completely taken out and restored this is our second Keystone cougar,we are very unhappy with the quality and when I contacted Keystone directly they told me I have to leave room for error because they’re Put together by piece work.
- Jason, Massachusetts

2019-08-07 2015 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

This is the best floor plan I have ever owned. Shopped a long time before we bought it. Towing is a dream, kitchen and storage are excellent. island in kitchen is great. sleeping arrangements are great for two couples or kids and parents. Bathroom is roomy, fireplace is wonderful in cold camping environments, very quite, great ventilation, 2 ACs make the coach very comfortable when it is 95 outside. Has a great turn radius without using the slide on the hitch, one of keystones better efforts.
- jbaileyprs@gmail.com, Florida

2019-07-27 2019 Keystone Cougar 29RLD View Listings

1.Could not even take it camping right after purchasing. Furnace would stop working after 2 mins of running. Took it back to the dealer the next day. They said it would be a week before they could get it in for service. I was not happy and was not leaving until someone checked it out. A counter person came out and said their was nothing wrong with it. The furnace was running but the blower fan didn't seem to be working properly. They did nothing else. 80 miles later at home, I started using logic and started replacing fuses. It turns out that the furnace fuse was defective and would open up after a few minutes of the furnace running. 2. Before going on my 1st trip I laid down on the bed and the entire bed fell off of the slide out. Upon inspection I found the mounting screws were not properly installed and in fact some were missing. I had to make the repairs myself just to be able to get the slide out in. 3. Mouldings on the bed fell off on the first trip out. 4. Mouldings on the bathroom door frame popped off while traveling to my campsite. 5. The sliding door to the bathroom came off its track. Upon inspection, the door slide stop was missing. 6. The bathroom door was difficult to close. Upon inspection, I found the door hinge was bent. 7. The door would also not line up with the door handle plunger so it could be locked. 8. The shower must have been installed incorrectly. It does not drain completely unless that side of the trailer is lower. 9. The sliding shade next to the table was improperly installed doesn't completely cover windows when pulled down. Also there are multiple holes drilled. Looks like someone didn't know what they were doing. Window box screw was never installed. 10. Shade over the couch does not stay up and it also does not cover the window completely when pulled down. 11. Straps for securing the TV during transport are not the correct straps. They are to long. 12. While washing my trailer, I climbed on top of the camper and washed all the dust that had settled on it under its shelter. I found where someone had used a pressure washer on the roofs covering and cut it with the spray. Either it was done at the factory or it was done during prep for delivery.
- Kenneth Downing, Georgia

2019-07-23 2005 Keystone Cougar 285RL View Listings

My first 5th wheel was a new Montana made in Canada before the "buy out"-- Fantastic---Great sold it with 60,ooo miles on it. Then a New KZ toy hauler, loaded, generator etc. Sold it with 25,000 miles. OK 5th wheel.. Then a used Cougar 31 foot with 2 bedrooms. Good unit sold it with 20,000 miles. Then decided to try a trailer light weight 22 foot. Springdale sold after one 8,000 mile trip. Sway, bounce you name it, nothing like a 5th wheel. Next I brought a Cougar 285 RL, actual 31 foot. 4 season unit again. This the unit I have for the past 3 years. I have been to Indiana where trailers are built. Little disappointment in watching these trailers being built. I feel quality control is lacking. Here's my most recent complaint. I came back from a short trip and realized a had a water leak in my fresh water tank which is in the rear of the unit. I removed the hard plastic sheeting to inspect the water tank. I discovered the 1 1/4 inch SELF TAPING SREWS that hold the sheeting, were put into the frame sticking right up 1/4 inch below the water tank. As the tank expands and bulge it hits the screws and creates a hole. In My case there was two screws under the right side of the tank. I contacted Keystone to see if there a way to make a repair of the 1/32nd inch hole, believing this must of happened before. I was told No and I should replace the tank. Remember about 600-800 dollars to replace it. The unit is out of warranty. NO Help. In an effort to help not have this happen to other people I suggested a note be sent to their engineering to change the length and location of the screws holding the plastic. I was told it's not needed and all quality control protections were in place. I reminded her that if good quality control was in place I wouldn't have a hole in my water tank from a screw that is too long and in the wrong place. I got no help. Though research I discovered people who had the same problem and it was suggested using well test plugs. This a rubber insert, that has a screw and nut Drill a small hole to match the plug size and put it in. When you tighten the screw it tightens down on itself making a water tight plug. My leak is fixed. No help to Keystone.
- John G, Pennsylvania

2019-07-18 2018 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

Bought the camper brand new within in the first month the bedroom floor leaked water ran down the landing lathe steps. and the kitchen slide didn't work the pulleys on the kitchen slide pulled away from the wall . We haven't had the camper a year yet and have had to bring it to the dealership 5 times to have the same slide repaired because of poor quality. The bathroom door had a 4inch door with a 2 in ch door knob. Keystone does not take any kind of pride in the quality of they're work. I also feel they should give use another year extended warranty because of all the problems we've had with they're poor quality built product.
- Alice McDaniel , Michigan

2019-07-07 2018 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

We came from a Heartland Big Horn and needed to go with a lighter unit. Purchased the Keystone Cougar 333MKS brand new. Absolutely love this floor plan. Craftsmanship was a huge disappointment. This is a 39' unit. The one A/C unit is not sufficient and it is LOUD. Our Big Horn had two units; one in the living room and the bedroom and it was far more quiet. Both units are the same brand but Keystone went with a cheaper model. A plumbing pipe runs through our dresser and whoever drilled the hole made it twice as big as it should be. You can see daylight. This should not have passed QC. It should have been fixed period. Again, shotty craftmanship. We went from a king bed to a queen; which was not a problem at all for us. The mattress that Keystone put in was like sleeping on a slab of concrete. Our bedroom door started to fall apart. Trim pieces on the ceiling came down; due to whoever installed them had the air gun on too high and the nails blew right through the trim pieces. Other trim pieces have came off. The shelving strips used in the pantry are cheap plastic and it will be just a matter of time until they will have to be replaced. A bolt came up through the lino in the kitchen. No hardware is provided in bathroom. We took a nine week trip back east. Over 8,000 miles through normal weather, extensive heat and humidity. Our RV was put to the test. They ALL were covered under warranty and the craftsmanship items were fixed by my husband; who did them correctly. He also added additional shelving where needed in the pantry and entry closets and added a towel rack on the door (only place you could put it) and a TP holder on the inside of the bathroom cupboard. We replaced the mattress with a much nicer one. We both love this unit. We gained a larger shower, a pantry and I swear more storage space and it overall, feels more roomy and cozy. What we lost was over 4,000 lbs in weight; which was our main goal. The craftsmanship issues and cheap products were replaced and/or corrected by my husband. And as mentioned before, all of the above items were under warranty and were taken care of in a very timely manner. We have had no other issues and we do a fair share of traveling. Food for thought..The RV industry in general should be embarrassed with the cheap products and poor craftsmanship used in their end products. Whether you are buying a Fifth Wheel, bumper pull, camper or even a motor home, that is likely what you will get. And they all come with a hefty price tag; which is also a bummer. But....we all do it because we all like to glamp!
- Tammy Wibel, Oregon

2019-06-23 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RLK View Listings

it look so nice when new but next day every thing starts to fall apart, it is the lowest quality in the market and very expensive for what you get, wood? it is just paper and peels off... no isolation at all...floor? it's falling apart too, pipes overflow? don'the exist, slides out? bottom floor detached... every part of it is very low, poor quality. insurance do not cover for anything and of course neither the manufacturer... we are stock with it due to quality.
- Patricia Brewster, Florida

2019-06-04 2018 Keystone Cougar 338RKL View Listings

Wheel bearings deteriorated Roof fell apart Door and window not plumb Refrigerator door installed improperly Improperly installed propane hoses Shower not caulked Gray tank not bolted correctly Doors pealing DVD malfunction Slide not plumb Had to fight four months for them to fix seven month old roof Tried to get us out of warranty . . . Keystonervsucks.net
- Donna , Colorado

2019-05-19 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHSWE View Listings

Of the several features of the updated 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHS that appealed to me most was the front windshield. I liked the way it looked and the light shinning in made a non-slide bedroom seem airy and bright. Unfortunately just two days later during the first rainstorm the interior frame around the windshield leaked all over the bed. There are several other features that attracted me to this RV but it is currently unusable in the rain for all the leaks and has been returned to my selling dealer for repair. At this point I have confidence in the dealer doing what they can to effectively repair my RV under Keystone warranty but I am skeptical after reading so many bad reviews about Keystone products. Unfortunately I could not get the Keystone dealer nearby while en route to enact repairs as they stated they only do warranty repairs on Keystone units that they sell. keystone says that it's policy for any of their dealers to do warranty repairs but that they "can't control what the dealers do." Also, on my journey back to my dealer driving trough the usual road construction our highway system is constantly under the medicine cabinet in the rear bathroom fell off the wall!!!
- James Lewis, Michigan

2019-05-02 2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS View Listings

There is a reason Keystone doesn't have a user review web page. Here is my story: I purchased a 2018 Keystone Cougar 26-RVS in March 26, 2018 with a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty and with several other protections plans offered by Camping World. Our trailer cost over 40K. With new products such as this, there are most often issues that would fall under a warranty. Early in 2018 we saw some items like that and our dealer got the approval from Keystone and those issues were resolved. However, there were some more issues that were discovered late in the year so I set up an appointment to bring it in for some final warranty work late December or early January. I hooked the unit up like usual and began to pull it. It was a bit stiff but I thought that it was from sitting. About 1 &1/2 miles down the road a truck driver said my RV tires were smoking. I pull over immediately and called our dealer. They said I should be covered and to call my Good Sam roadside that I paid for. It took the tech about 1.5 to 2hr to resolve the issue, because we thought the breaks locked up. Now a new warranty issue. What had happened was the emergence break-release pin unit on the RV became defective so the RV engaged the RV breaks. Because I pulled the trailer about 1.5 to 2 miles with the RV breaks engaged it burned out the break drums. Once we got the pin to work I pulled the RV to CW. A warranty issue was submitted and was turned down by Keystone citing user error. I want to add that Keystone reps were very rude. I did all I could and our dealer did try to adjust the price to help and they made several attempts to resolve with Keystone, but they took a very hard line. I did suggest to my dealer they should either stop selling Keystone products or explain to customers the possibility of total lack of cooperation with Keystone. I was told by another dealer that Keystone is not honoring some simple warranty issues as they had in the past. I believed that in my case I had no liability and I pleaded with my dealer and Keystone (customer service SUCKS!). I even called and left a message with Marcus Lemonis CEO of Camping World, but I never got a response. My adjusted bill came to close to $500. I went to pick up my trailer April 19. I talked to the service manager and he agreed with me that this was not user error and he adjusted my bill. My dealer Camping World absorbed the financial burden that should have been the liability of Keystone. I recommend not purchasing Keystone products because there could be uncovered warranty issues. You can see from the other reviews that this company doesn't give a S... Although this is a beautiful RV, I will probably never purchase an RV from this company again unless they adjust their policies!
- MICHAEL A HEINRICH, Wisconsin

2019-04-24 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

There should be a button for 0 stars. We purchased our Fifth Wheel November 2018 not even six months ago. I’ve been in contact with both the manufacturer and camping world in Roanoke. Customer service at Keystone and Camping World in Roanoke are rude and not helpful to say the least. I had to bring it from our campsite to Camping World In Roanoke (45 minute drive)TWICE. The first trip was to document all the items wrong with our trailer for warranty work, which was inconvenient but I understood. The second trip was uncalled for. Since they didn’t document the black tank issue correctly they had us bring the RV again so they could remove the blank tank to get proof of the leak and document for the warranty. We asked if they could place the old black tank in so we wouldn’t be forced out of our trailer during our trip and we were told by he dealer “I will not put a used black tank back in your RV we will not get paid.” Keystone Customer Service then stated “keystone will not pay for that.” The customer service agent then proceeded to explain to us with an attitude that the RV was used for recreational. We explained we use this for camping we are living in it while camping and looking for a job. She then ignored us and asked us if there was anything she could help us with. Now my wife, toddler and yellow lab are forced out of our trailer during our camping trip. We had to remove majority of our belongings to drive FIVE and a half hours to our house. Not only are we out the money We have spent on the campground and vacation, I’m also without my fifth wheel. I am really disgusted with this matter
- Russell Miclette , Virginia

2019-04-20 2017 Keystone Cougar 341rki View Listings

This unit was a complete nightmare. Had 23 things go wrong with it 10 of which were under warranty. It has been a complete nightmare & a very large money pit. I will never personally buy another Keystone product in my life. It’s a shame you can’t get any kind of quality out of a $60,000 unit. What a shame😡
- Mike Dobromil , Michigan

2019-04-16 2009 Keystone Cougar 276RLS View Listings

Very nice camper. It pulls even easier than the 24 footer we owned before this one. The construction quality is near the top as far as campers go. It has lots of living space and lots of storage space. Very enjoyable to live in with the large windows for both viewing and ventilation. I would recommend any camper with this quality and floor plan.
- RICHARD RYNBERG, Alabama

2019-04-14 2010 Keystone Cougar 318SAB View Listings

We absolutely loved our fifth wheel that we parked as seasonals at a campground in the southern part of Michigan.It was extremely functional for the two of us, but could also accommodate guests easily. The living room area was huge with slideouts for entertainment center and also for the sofa and dinette.a third slideout in the bedroom gave us enough room to walk around the bed and yet we had a huge closet in the front as well. Under the bedroom area was storage accessible from the outside the complete width of the trailer. A/c kept us cool in the summer and heater allowed us to remain warm during cold spells. All in all this unit was perfect for the two of us and in a lot of respects our home away from home.
- Michael Thomas, Michigan

2019-03-26 2017 Keystone Cougar 26RBI View Listings

This is my first camper, and it was a breeze to use and learn how to use. I would recommend to anyone. The layout is perfect for my 4 person family, the size is easy to tow and is easy to keep tidy. King size bed is great with so much storage!
- Kris Kalender, New York