Keystone Cougar RVs Reviews (76)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Terry B from California says:

Have you owned any Keystone Cougar RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Buyer beware, very nice unit , tows great but pray you do not have any warranty issues. They will approve fixing the nickel and dime defects you can expect in any RV. But if you encounter a costly defect you will be instructed to get you owners Manuel out and check the fine print. Case in point, I have a 10 month old 2016 cougar with a roof that is starting to ripple in the front and the factory adhesive over the joints has some cracks in it that allowed wind to create the ripples. The fine print says owners must inspect their roof every 90 days and apply a approved material to patch that bonds with factory mastic. Camping world recommends doing this once a year. Needless to say claim denied, keystone once again made sure they could pass off any defect that was costly to the consumer. If the manufacturer won't honor their warranty, don't waste money on an extended warranty.
- Terry B, California

2019-06-23 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RLK View Listings

it look so nice when new but next day every thing starts to fall apart, it is the lowest quality in the market and very expensive for what you get, wood? it is just paper and peels off... no isolation at all...floor? it's falling apart too, pipes overflow? don'the exist, slides out? bottom floor detached... every part of it is very low, poor quality. insurance do not cover for anything and of course neither the manufacturer... we are stock with it due to quality.
- Patricia Brewster, Florida

2019-06-04 2018 Keystone Cougar 338RKL View Listings

Wheel bearings deteriorated Roof fell apart Door and window not plumb Refrigerator door installed improperly Improperly installed propane hoses Shower not caulked Gray tank not bolted correctly Doors pealing DVD malfunction Slide not plumb Had to fight four months for them to fix seven month old roof Tried to get us out of warranty . . . Keystonervsucks.net
- Donna , Colorado

2019-05-19 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHSWE View Listings

Of the several features of the updated 2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHS that appealed to me most was the front windshield. I liked the way it looked and the light shinning in made a non-slide bedroom seem airy and bright. Unfortunately just two days later during the first rainstorm the interior frame around the windshield leaked all over the bed. There are several other features that attracted me to this RV but it is currently unusable in the rain for all the leaks and has been returned to my selling dealer for repair. At this point I have confidence in the dealer doing what they can to effectively repair my RV under Keystone warranty but I am skeptical after reading so many bad reviews about Keystone products. Unfortunately I could not get the Keystone dealer nearby while en route to enact repairs as they stated they only do warranty repairs on Keystone units that they sell. keystone says that it's policy for any of their dealers to do warranty repairs but that they "can't control what the dealers do." Also, on my journey back to my dealer driving trough the usual road construction our highway system is constantly under the medicine cabinet in the rear bathroom fell off the wall!!!
- James Lewis, Michigan

2019-05-02 2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS View Listings

There is a reason Keystone doesn't have a user review web page. Here is my story: I purchased a 2018 Keystone Cougar 26-RVS in March 26, 2018 with a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty and with several other protections plans offered by Camping World. Our trailer cost over 40K. With new products such as this, there are most often issues that would fall under a warranty. Early in 2018 we saw some items like that and our dealer got the approval from Keystone and those issues were resolved. However, there were some more issues that were discovered late in the year so I set up an appointment to bring it in for some final warranty work late December or early January. I hooked the unit up like usual and began to pull it. It was a bit stiff but I thought that it was from sitting. About 1 &1/2 miles down the road a truck driver said my RV tires were smoking. I pull over immediately and called our dealer. They said I should be covered and to call my Good Sam roadside that I paid for. It took the tech about 1.5 to 2hr to resolve the issue, because we thought the breaks locked up. Now a new warranty issue. What had happened was the emergence break-release pin unit on the RV became defective so the RV engaged the RV breaks. Because I pulled the trailer about 1.5 to 2 miles with the RV breaks engaged it burned out the break drums. Once we got the pin to work I pulled the RV to CW. A warranty issue was submitted and was turned down by Keystone citing user error. I want to add that Keystone reps were very rude. I did all I could and our dealer did try to adjust the price to help and they made several attempts to resolve with Keystone, but they took a very hard line. I did suggest to my dealer they should either stop selling Keystone products or explain to customers the possibility of total lack of cooperation with Keystone. I was told by another dealer that Keystone is not honoring some simple warranty issues as they had in the past. I believed that in my case I had no liability and I pleaded with my dealer and Keystone (customer service SUCKS!). I even called and left a message with Marcus Lemonis CEO of Camping World, but I never got a response. My adjusted bill came to close to $500. I went to pick up my trailer April 19. I talked to the service manager and he agreed with me that this was not user error and he adjusted my bill. My dealer Camping World absorbed the financial burden that should have been the liability of Keystone. I recommend not purchasing Keystone products because there could be uncovered warranty issues. You can see from the other reviews that this company doesn't give a S... Although this is a beautiful RV, I will probably never purchase an RV from this company again unless they adjust their policies!
- MICHAEL A HEINRICH, Wisconsin

2019-04-24 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

There should be a button for 0 stars. We purchased our Fifth Wheel November 2018 not even six months ago. I’ve been in contact with both the manufacturer and camping world in Roanoke. Customer service at Keystone and Camping World in Roanoke are rude and not helpful to say the least. I had to bring it from our campsite to Camping World In Roanoke (45 minute drive)TWICE. The first trip was to document all the items wrong with our trailer for warranty work, which was inconvenient but I understood. The second trip was uncalled for. Since they didn’t document the black tank issue correctly they had us bring the RV again so they could remove the blank tank to get proof of the leak and document for the warranty. We asked if they could place the old black tank in so we wouldn’t be forced out of our trailer during our trip and we were told by he dealer “I will not put a used black tank back in your RV we will not get paid.” Keystone Customer Service then stated “keystone will not pay for that.” The customer service agent then proceeded to explain to us with an attitude that the RV was used for recreational. We explained we use this for camping we are living in it while camping and looking for a job. She then ignored us and asked us if there was anything she could help us with. Now my wife, toddler and yellow lab are forced out of our trailer during our camping trip. We had to remove majority of our belongings to drive FIVE and a half hours to our house. Not only are we out the money We have spent on the campground and vacation, I’m also without my fifth wheel. I am really disgusted with this matter
- Russell Miclette , Virginia

2019-04-20 2017 Keystone Cougar 341rki View Listings

This unit was a complete nightmare. Had 23 things go wrong with it 10 of which were under warranty. It has been a complete nightmare & a very large money pit. I will never personally buy another Keystone product in my life. It’s a shame you can’t get any kind of quality out of a $60,000 unit. What a shame😡
- Mike Dobromil , Michigan

2019-04-16 2009 Keystone Cougar 276RLS View Listings

Very nice camper. It pulls even easier than the 24 footer we owned before this one. The construction quality is near the top as far as campers go. It has lots of living space and lots of storage space. Very enjoyable to live in with the large windows for both viewing and ventilation. I would recommend any camper with this quality and floor plan.
- RICHARD RYNBERG, Alabama

2019-04-14 2010 Keystone Cougar 318SAB View Listings

We absolutely loved our fifth wheel that we parked as seasonals at a campground in the southern part of Michigan.It was extremely functional for the two of us, but could also accommodate guests easily. The living room area was huge with slideouts for entertainment center and also for the sofa and dinette.a third slideout in the bedroom gave us enough room to walk around the bed and yet we had a huge closet in the front as well. Under the bedroom area was storage accessible from the outside the complete width of the trailer. A/c kept us cool in the summer and heater allowed us to remain warm during cold spells. All in all this unit was perfect for the two of us and in a lot of respects our home away from home.
- Michael Thomas, Michigan

2019-03-26 2017 Keystone Cougar 26RBI View Listings

This is my first camper, and it was a breeze to use and learn how to use. I would recommend to anyone. The layout is perfect for my 4 person family, the size is easy to tow and is easy to keep tidy. King size bed is great with so much storage!
- Kris Kalender, New York

2019-02-26 2018 Keystone Cougar 344MKS View Listings

We have had the mattress replaced twice since October 2018. I wanted compensation from Keystone to replace the 2nd mattress, I did receive $150.00 from the company who supplies Keystone with their mattresses, but I also wanted to hold Keystone accountable for the product they are supplied with, in the hope that they would realize what they are selling to their customers. But they denied my request.If you have an issue with your mattress make Keystone aware or nothing will change
- Roxane, British Columbia

2018-11-09 2016 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

My family and I bought this RV with the intentions of living in it while building new house. We decided to purchase a home instead of building a new one. This trailer is very very nice and comfortable!
- Donnie Pretty, Alabama

Verified Owner

2018-08-21 2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS View Listings

This is the 7th RV that I have owned and this is the first Keystone I have ever owned and it is the worst the workmanship is sad I could go on and on with whats wrong with it but I don't have time it's junk it's falling apart I'm sorry I got it I have had 7 water leaks alone and you can't get any help
- Brad Schaft, Michigan

2018-08-06 2018 Keystone Cougar 337FLS View Listings

This coach is so bad had to take back my self to factory , 1. shower leaking 2. hot water tank leaking 3. bed fell apart 4, roof separated and leaking , 5 floor buckled due to water leak 6. cabinets broke 7. moulding falling off walls 8. walls are discoloring , 9, back of camper separated , 10 all 4 slides are exploded 11, fig does not work 12, microwave face plate is bubbled , 13 front nose cone has bubble in it , so there is more , just to let u know customer service is so bad ,they give u the run around bad , I ask people to look at something else , I sent 53,000 on this coach and as of today 8/6/18 I won't see this camper till end of September , and the mfg said they are not fixing all the problems. so I ask look before u buy. it can be a nightmare,
- rodney beck, Pennsylvania

2018-08-02 2016 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

We love the spacious living area with opposing slides and the L sofa and reclining chairs.The Auto Leveling is awesome and the remote control to control the three slides and the awning and Auto Level is a great feature. The bedroom is spacious and the shower is very roomy with a big sky light. Having frame less windows on all three sides of the trailer lets in a lot of light and allows for great views in all directions. We just love it!
- Martin Senn, California

2018-07-30 2018 Keystone Cougar 27SAB View Listings

Cougar has auto leveling, but ours gave constant errors. After attempting to put pads under the foot (which worked for a while) it fell off and broke. Keystone said their faulty leveling system did not break the foot we did. Sorry not under warranty. This is likely to be an expensive repair and we have to travel 3 hrs each way to deliver and then retrieve it after repair. I wouldn’t normally write these things, but the cougar quality in general is very dissapointing. Staples sticking out of carpet, door knobs disfunctional, etc. What’s next?
- Tom W., Indiana

2018-07-30 2018 Keystone Cougar 21RBSWE View Listings

We like the trailer, but there are some problems. The king size bed is nice but making it is real tough with the steps on the sides and the mattress is trash and had to upgrade. The drawers under the sink slide open every time you hit the brakes and the one screw holding the slides fell out. Added more screws and locks to drawers. The U-shaped dinette is good for two but no one can sit on the inside there is not enough room. To fix this I removed the U shape that way two can sit on each side, also made a new bigger table. The cabinets are cheap and not installed well. The rack on the back was attached with small self tapping screws. One broke off and I never used the rack. Drilled these out and installed 5/16" bolts. Water heater barely stays lit. Propane regulator is to low 6" we. Heater need min of 10.5"wc.
- Don Martinez , Colorado

2018-07-14 2014 Keystone Cougar 337FLS View Listings

This 5th Wheel Keystone has been just wonderful having the generator so we can pull over anytime, anyplace, stay nice and cool and comfortable to get a bite to eat, watch TV or just kick back for a bit to rest up. Having this F250 Truck rigged up the way we have it, the RV handles really well. We have enjoyed every trip and been very comfortable.
- Aileen Snider, Texas

2018-06-17 2016 Keystone Cougar 326RDS View Listings

This unit has been one of the worst I’ve Ever owned. The roof leaks causing a Mold problem. In the first 6 months, the Furnace control board had to be replaced 4 times due to water leaking into the Furnace itself. 4 of the ceiling lights have Burned out. The control board on the Fridge just burned out. The tv died in the First year which I replaced. I would not recommend the purchase of This Rv. It has been a terrible investment.
- Michael Lenington , Oregon

2018-05-16 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RLK View Listings

Feel very poor quality. Awning secured in wrong place, instead of to plates behind the shell, was secured to shell of rv, broke right away. Thermostat switches to heat or air just by walking by it, all door latches on outside wrong size, when driving down road all came open, door hinges attached wrong, door broke. Keystone is fixing issues, but very poor work. 35,000 shouldn't have these types of problems, camper has been in shop for almost 3 months now. very disappointed in employees that threw it together with no regard to safety.
- Peggy Dunaway, Florida

2018-05-16 2017 Keystone Cougar 327RLK View Listings

- Peggy Dunaway, Florida

2018-05-16 2013 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

This is my 3rd camper in over 20 years of camping. The Cougar 327RES has a great floor plan and very comfortable. The many comfy features make it a virtual home away from home. I am selling this camper because I need to plan for my retirement & plan on traveling lighter & shorter to accommodate my truck for future travel desires.
- John Long, Connecticut

2018-05-07 2017 Keystone Cougar 243RKS View Listings

I really do love this 5th wheel. Easy to tow. Feather lite. And the set up is really easy. The remote makes everything easy. Leveling is simple. I can do it by myself. An the mirror on the front of the trailer makes backing in the hook up so simple.
- Mary engelman, California

2018-03-22 2018 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE View Listings

These rigs are very cheaply made. Everything breaks within days of use. Walk around bed is a joke... it's walk around if you don't mind steps. Service on these rigs is impossible. They rock like crazy When someone is walking. I wish this never happened.
- Sandra , California

2018-03-13 2017 Keystone Cougar 283RET View Listings

Abysmal quality. When I bought it, outwardly seemed to be slick. One year in slides are non functional due to factory defects. Keystone says they will pay for half of their poor workmanship. Had it into dealer under warranty to fix peeling seams,fixed some (not all) that have peeled again. Slide seal split. Fresno dealer is non responsive, getting calls returned in an acceptable time frame, probably better odds of meeting the Pope. If you are offered a Keystone for free, run like the wind. This rig has never been to a park. All this mess happened parked at my home with 50 miles on the tires.
- Ed Page, California