Keystone Cougar Half-Ton

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rick Baggett from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 268RLSWE View Listings

I bought this 5th wheel 6 months ago, and the front cap is cracking. Keystone is only offering to do the BARE MINIMUM to correct the issue. I asked to speak to a manager at corp office was told NO....
- Rick Baggett, California

2021-10-06 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 31BHKWE View Listings

If it has electricity running to it it fails. The problems are endless. And the dealer is horrible to deal with. All smiles when buying but after that you are dirt. I won’t ever buy a Keystone product.
- Joe Carrigan, Colorado

2021-09-28 2021 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Overall quality about an eight, very happy With the in command system, worked flawlessly, added a drawstring to the curtains, Had to use two hands to get them down once they were up, it was supposed to be a luxury trailer and I got a piece of junk for a mattress that I had to throw out after using it one week, complained that a company never got a return email. Fireplace place Worked great, plenty of storage, they could’ve did a better job and having space around the sides of the bed, despite a few things that were wrong with it, I highly recommend it, the space in the living area is awesome. The entertainment system worked flawlessly as well and was very impressed with it all. Easy to tow but I have a 350 SWD. I’m always scared of the slides the three slides on this model worked again flawlessly and I was very impressed with that. Other than the bedroom floor plan I would give it a nine out of 10.
- George Neuman, Pennsylvania

2021-09-26 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS View Listings

I would give quality a zero if possible. I give livability a 1 because of the constant repair of poor workmanship in assembly. This Keystone in not just cheaply built is has some of the shoddist workmanship I have ever experienced in any product I have purchased. The bad workmanship is hidden so you don't see it until things start falling apart after the warranty expires. Just some Exp: The inside control panel mount hole was cut too big so the screws split out the thin paneling and the controller falls off the wall and has to have a backing plate installed to fix. Wires come loose from bad crimp connectors. Kitchen drawers inside frame attachment falls down because 1/4" of a tapered thread will not hold in particle board, maybe some glue on the board along with screws would have held longer. Kitchen table frame falls apart built same as drawer attachment, no glue with very short tapered screw threads. Bed frame also. Window shade raise and lower string mount screws fall out of the wall, needs a screw insert to ever stay fastened. Found ground wire not connected. Sofa will bounce around and damage slide out trim and trailer flooring, needs a tie down of some kind. This is just some of my issues with a my Keystone 5th Wheel. Needless to say I will never own another Keystone product and I would strongly recommend to anyone thinking about purchasing a Keystone product to look for another manufacturer. Quality does not seem to be a part of there build process.
- Tom Parks, Texas

2021-09-12 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RLKWE View Listings

The design engineer obviously doesn’t try and use this trailer design because it’s horrible. Floor vents in walkway so you step on them and bend them. Bedroom design is horrible. The wardrobe slide gets in the way and getting in and out of bed is the worst. I’ll get rid of it soon and never buy another one.
- Ray Torrez, Arizona

2021-09-06 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

Current Owner Rating: It's been a great RV. Great for two adults and little dogs. Can sleep 4 but it's really geared to two people. The table converts to a bed and is good for one person, maybe two if small.
- Craig Stanton, Virginia

2021-08-26 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32BHS View Listings

In Sept of 2019 we purchased a brand new 2020 Keystone Cougar 32BHS from camping world. we took it out for one trip in 2019 noticed the black tank flush did not work, contacted camping world and scheduled and appointment, we then closed it up for the season. In April of 2020 we opened it up and like most people started getting it ready for the season. That's when the problems started rolling in. It was a few days before our first trip and i had the camper open all the slide were open, i walked over to the camper and heard a noise that sounded as if the ac was on, the bunkhouse slide somehow turned itself on and was continuously running, to the point where the wires were so tight they would not even move, we had a tech come out before the pandemic and look at it the motor bearings were broken and it would need to be replaced. at this point the pandemic hit and my husband and i had to manually push the slide in and ratchet strap it so we could drive it to camping world. after that occurred the dining room/kitchen slide motor also needed to be replaced because it wasn't working properly the in command center was glitching and not working properly. after that whole situation we eventually got it back, we took a camping trip on a long weekend and it was under 60 degrees out the heat would not turn on, the in command center was frozen there was nothing working on it, we could not make anything function. our fridges thermo fuse broke in the middle of the same trip and we went a whole weekend without a working fridge or freezer, and the slides would not function. we had to manually reboot the whole system. now our battery is not working properly and wont take a charge. i love the layout of this camper it is super family friendly especially if you have a lot of kids, but the problems that i have had with it are not worth it. It could have been designed to have better storage and the kitchen cabinets could have more shelves inside of the cabinet itself. if i didnt have to worry about what is going to break next or worry about something happening it would be a great camper.
- kayla jusseaume, Massachusetts

2021-08-06 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Have had 2 bad experiences with this company. Employees who don't care what you have to say as a customer. Bought a fifth wheel from them and both times I have taken it in for service they have kept it two months each time and never fixed everything that it was taken in for in fact it was given back with more issue's and no service person to tell you what they had completed. I would have never dealt with this company if I had known how interested they are to get your money and then dispose of their customers.
- Viola Herrera, New Mexico

2021-08-04 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

Have problem with black water tank leaking in belly. Was suppose to be fixed at dealer but leaked again after 8 months. Was not fixed properly and now warranty is over Keystone is saying now my problem. Back flush valve was backwards also. Rear jack motor replace. Water leak under kitchen sink fixed myself just tighten nut. Love the fifth wheel but not customer service with keystone or quality control or there part. This is my second cougar fifth wheel. My have to go with different company next time.
- Bernard LeBlanc, New Brunswick

2021-07-26 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS View Listings

Lived in one of these trailers for 10 months while attending graduate school, along with my wife and 3 children. Saved us a ton of money and we vacationed across the US traveling to and from and also saw the sights locally. Just hook up and go and you have a home on wheels. Everything worked as it should and we were totally satisfied with our purchase.
- Justin Bauer, Washington

2021-07-19 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

We purchased from our local camping world and have only had a few minor issues and one major warranty issue that was a delam on the kitchen slide out. Keystone warranty paid for the new wall replacement and it was done by the local dealer. The trailer is very well built and has been towed about 10k miles since we purchased it. I did upgrade the tires to a higher quality tire and use a Hensley hitch.
- Frank Mitzen, Pennsylvania

2021-07-14 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29MBS View Listings

We LOVE this floor model. It's perfect for families who find comfort in kids/guests having their own space with a door. No kids? This model is also perfect for travelers who work remotely as the bunk room can serve as the perfect "RV mini office" with tons of storage and a small desk/work area. It's size also makes it ideal for boon-docking, national/state parks, and other campgrounds with limited spots for larger campers. While this isn'a "big rig" you will have plenty of space and storage. Why are we selling? We're actually ready for an upgrade to a larger unit for longer-term travels.
- Joan Lachance, North Carolina

2021-07-13 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

If there were zeros it would get zeros. The dealer would get zeros too. Bought new in 2019. Have never had a single trip that didn’t have a significant issue. In the three years we have had it the dealership has had it for one year “fixing it”. Today marks attempted trip six. Picked up yesterday after fifth trip a water leak (significant) in the wall 9 hours from home. Dealer called said problem fixed bad valve on water heater. Drove to a park near home to insure no more issues. Started off looking good, but as usual within a couple of hours of the stay noticed ac functioning improperly and it was not cooling to the temp set. The thermostat (InCommand) wasn’t registering a room temperature (zone temp). This was not the problem the trailer went in for and the electronics are in the same wall as where they fixed the leak. You do the math. Prior to that it was a complete failure of heater in subzero temps in Utah on fourth trip. No power to slide and jack on third trip ( batteries connected to rusted electric blocks so not making contact). Interior A wheel skirt that wasn’t installed properly that blew/pulled off on first trip, along with leaking water drain pipes under sink (fortunately these were outside allegedly bad twist drain connectors).
- J Neal, Wyoming

2021-07-05 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.
- Atul Singh, Alabama

2021-06-12 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 26RKS View Listings

Purchased this after 6 months of shopping. The only two issues we have had with this unit was #1, the dealer who never fulfilled their install promises and also put a 7 year old Interstate Battery on our unit and # 2, just a slight drip beneath the sink. We love this camper! Superb warmth camping in late fall/early winter, tows like a dream and is absolutely perfect for me and my wife. The best camper we have ever owned in 47 years.
- Reid Caldwell, West Virginia

2021-06-08 2021 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

My best description in dealing with Keystone RV is "Buyer Beware". We ordered our Keystone Cougar Half-Ton back in February 2021 after looking a lots of different brands of travel trailers. What sold us on the Cougar was the new white interior with Shiplap accenting. When our Cougar finally arrived at the dealership in May 2021, we went to pick it up noticing that the Shiplap and other interior molding was omitted. Since the dealership was willing to make everything right, we decided to take the camper home and to circle back to get these aesthetic issues taken care of later. That was a big mistake on our part since Keystone has now denied our warranty claims since they say the Covid-19 parts shortage is why these interior parts were omitted. So now we are paying the dealership to find some similar interior molding and Shiplap so our camper will be complete inside. I understand the Covid-19 has caused lots of shortages but it seems to me that Keystone would be willing to do something to help us complete our interior. But Keystone RV Customer Service has left us without any options of assistance and will not do anything to help us out. And after thinking about our situation, it also makes me wonder if they were bold enough to leave off parts in plain sight, what did they decide to leave off that we can't see? This is our second Keystone RV Travel Trailer and it will definitely be our last. Again, if you are looking at purchasing a new RV, don't walk...but run from Keystone RV products. Lousy quality and they just don't care about taking care of Customers after the sell. Don't allow Keystone RV to rip you off like they have done my family.
- Tony Leonard, North Carolina

2021-06-04 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

I purchased this 2018 Cougar half ton 5th wheel in April 2019. I had recently retired and planned on traveling and living in the 5th wheel. What a mistake I made by buying this piece of junk. Within the 1st year it had a new roof,a recall on the outside grill, A cable to one slide came loose from the wall, t j.g e front air conditioner went out. All of this should have been covered under the warranty but keystone refused to pay. Siting consumer error. This trailer has been in the shop more than out. Currently the converter is outages nbbbb d pulls the batteries down. Then nothing works. I intend to upgrade to a larger RV but it will not be anything made by Keystone. I intend to tell everyone how sorry these RVs are. I paid for a lot of money for this trailer but now I could not give it away. If your reading this review save yourself a lot of grief and do not buy anything made by Keystone.
- Bill Venable, Oklahoma

2021-05-22 2014 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 19RBEWE View Listings

Plastic fresh water tank was placed from factory on top of exposed screw heads. This of coarse wore holes in tank and ruined it. Have read on other forums about same issue. Keystone customer service offered no assistance whatsoever for a known issue.
- Dewaine Vankomen, Washington

2021-04-17 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

Wonderful and well equipped RV. Supported multiple trips with the kids, keeping everyone very comfortable and plenty of storage to support food prep and recreational activities. Sleeps 6 comfortably. Well built and laid out and easy to hook up and tow.
- Tara LeBlanc, Virginia

2021-04-08 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS View Listings

Purchased this 2021 Keystone cougar half-ton July 29,2020. Our first camping trip was August 22-26th 2020. We soon found out a ton of things was wrong. We noticed as we brought the trailer home the tail light was out, the cabinet would not stay closed, the battery would not stay charged, the fridge would not stay on with propane, the second morning the awning broke snapping back onto the roof causing a hole. found out the metal was defective on awning rollout bar. We called nearest Camping world found we need to take it home until appointment came available in CW Greenville September 3 2020.We took trailer in explaining everything to them. only to be accused of the awning be out during a storm. No it did not rain sunny hot days. long story short seven months have passed we still have no trailer. that's right in the shop. I would call this trailer a piece of crap would not recommend no one purchase a keystone product. I am beyond pissed.. I guess when we do get it back I will have to clean it from top to bottom and have tanks flushed once again. We had camping world winterize it. I am glad we did or we have a bigger mess. I am just feeling this trailer will cause us more headaches time and money. We are not impressed at all by this camper or the manufactures
- Katherine Hood, North Carolina

2021-04-02 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

We have only had our cougar a year now. Within 8 months, the floor hand complety came loose from the boards, we found a hole in the slide, the sink in kitchen and bathroom came unattached from the casing. Within the first month of having it the microwave blew up. I understand life happens but, its bad when keystone won't even stand behind their products. We paid for the extended warranty and this peice of crap cost us $2800 to get fixed. Will never buy Keystone again. I regret not spending the extra and buying the nicer solitude.
- Pamela Hudson, Mississippi

2021-02-25 2017 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 268RLSWE View Listings

I bought this 2017 5th wheel in 2019 from first owner who had only used it on 2 short trips. Since I’ve owned it in the last 22 months I’ve taken it on 5 short trips. Here are the issues I’ve had: Kitchen window mounted too far off center from cutout and not sealed well causing leaks with light rain. Toilet pipe plugging before/at tank. (Fighting this since purchase). Toilet bowl water “Belches” upon flushing as if black water tank is not vented or vent is plugged. Can’t determine/find a vent on roof corresponding to tank. All 4 vertical slide out wiper seals - 2 inside, 2 outside are tearing at the lower ends. Exterior trim molding buckling and coming apart. Solara awning fabric disintegrating and 6” tear at one end. Propane tank strap broke. Rear bumper slide out rack has bent and won’t slide back in. Travel Latch to hold open tri slide shower door broke. I’m not new to RVing. I take care of my equipment and don’t abuse it. This is without a doubt the worst engineered and manufactured RV I’ve ever owned. Keystone should be ashamed of producing it. Has anyone else had ANY of these problems?
- Tom, California

2021-02-16 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

So far we are very happy with our RV the only exception is the tri-fold couch and the heating system. As far as a couch it is ok. As far as a fold out bed it is horrible unless you have little kids to sleep on it. The biggest issue is that when you fold down the back to make the platform it is not level. The frames attached to the sides of the couch are installed on a slope. Not sure why they did it this way or if we just got a bad one. And the overall quality of the couch is poor. Also the way in which they secured the couch into the camper was to drive two screws down through the back and into the floor. I think they could have put a proper bracing system in. As for the heating system the furnace only blows hot air into the living room/kitchen area. There are floor vents but appear to be returns. So it does pull warm air into the bedroom but I would have expected a supply in the bedroom as well. For these reasons i gave 3 stars for overall quality.
- Rob Stockwell, Massachusetts

2021-02-12 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

6 months after purchased, auto leveling went out. Called authorized dealer They removed part for warranty Called this month, Feb, to bring RV to them to replace. Cost just under $400 Part only warranty, trip and repair labor not covered ( we had purchased the lifetime warranty when purchased unit) 4 door fridge opens during travel when loaded, place for locks, not given to us by dealer Bottom drawer latch under fridge not closing, was open when closing dinette slide, broke drawer Outlet in dinette not secure Molding on sofa slide coming off Something scratching making marks on flooring when sliding sofa slide in and out Fridge blowing fuses when on electric Can’t make dvd/cd player work Won’t be a year old til May 2021 Very disappointed in quality
- Janice, Georgia

2021-02-08 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

We have had this unit since the end of 2018. We have nothing but love for it. We have had very minimal issues with it. We bought it at Camping World in Colfax (Greensboro NC) and they went over everything before we left with it. The only issues with it was our fault. We got a unit with only 1 AC on it - NOT A GOOD IDEA because the AC on these models are in back with the kitchen. We purchased another AC to go on the front (not tied in with the other unit but does fine). Now we love it. The fireplace is awesome as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that all of our trips are as good as they have been so far with this unit.
- Sherri Gerringer, North Carolina