Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs Reviews (33)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rick Baggett from California says:

Have you owned any Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 268RLSWE View Listings

I bought this 5th wheel 6 months ago, and the front cap is cracking. Keystone is only offering to do the BARE MINIMUM to correct the issue. I asked to speak to a manager at corp office was told NO....
- Rick Baggett, California

2019-08-17 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27RESWE View Listings

Brought the new 2019 Model and had the trailer out first for 10 days in July and now have it packed on a permanent site. Our first issue was the slide brackets being buckled, second issue the emergency window in the bedroom leaks as it is not fitted correctly and after closer inspection the overall build quality of the trailer is questionable drawers not closing properly and breaking, lots of visible staples and on closer inspection cupboards poorly constructed. Thankfully (hopefully), all these issues will be rectified by our dealer (as promised). Spoke direct to Keystone and had a polite conversation with the person taking the call but at the end of the deal all I took away was that it is down to the dealer to sort out as they took no responsibility (pass the buck) and what did we expect from a mass produced unit? Our two options, one suck it up and see if the unit lasts or two look at trade in on different model and see if that is any better. Would I recommend this Couger model - looks good has bells and whistles, lacks cupboard space and after the issues and the build quality would say go in with your eyes open, it's a trailer and seems all companies have there issues!
- Roy Pierson, Alberta

2019-08-14 2016 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 28RLSWE View Listings

Polar package to 0 degrees. Comfortable reclining and usability of furniture. Cargo carrier was crap so built my own heavy duty. Light weight. Lots of windows. Ladder walkable roof. Electric awning. Huge bathroom
- John Hammer III, Washington

2019-08-01 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

- I am mainly writing this review in response to Jimmy Towe, Arkansas, recent post regarding the black tank flush. We had this issue too and it was the check valve under the bathroom sink. Believe it or not, it was installed BACKWARDS. My cousin owns a Cougar Half-ton too and yep, they installed his backwards too. Once we installed it correctly, it worked fine. - The other common problem that many Cougar owners share is the light installed on the front next to the cargo door does not work. It appears the switch, which is part of the light itself, does not work. You can find these lights everywhere, so I may just go to the local big box store to buy one. - The black tank valve lever came out of its sleeve under the rig and the valve was stuck open. In order to repair it we had to cut into the polypropylene enclosed underbelly. You would not believe the stuff we found in there. Several feet of unused wire, sawdust, wire caps, tape! It was kind of hard to believe. At any rate, the RV repair guy told me he has seen this issue a bunch of times with all makers of RVs. Underneath, next to the valve the pull cable snakes through a sleeve and the cable has a nut on it, preventing the wire from pulling too far out. The nut (stopper) slipped past the plastic from of the valve. It was a 30 minute repair and a $100 later. - Our rig has had a lot of use so far this year since purchasing in March. We take it out every other weekend. That said, on our seventh trip of the season the rear power stabilizer jacks failed. It appears the motor is gone, but thankfully they can still be deployed using the jack handle. - The big one and most annoying of all is the Furrion TV antenna appears to be defective. I can pull into a campsite on a Friday afternoon and I can channel auto scan and it will not find any channels in the scan. When I wake up Saturday morning I can try the process of scanning for channels again and it will find 70 plus channels. If at some point during the day my wife shuts the TV off (which she inevitably will) and I try later to scan for channels, it will not find any. When I wake up Sunday morning and try to scan for channels, it will find every over the air channel there is available. I spoke with Furrion about this issue and thing they there is something going on with heat or moisture interacting with the coax feed line. - Other than these issues we are enjoying our Cougar Half-ton 30RLS, but we are not fooling ourselves. In three years we will trade it in on a new one before things really start breaking. - Main Issues Recap: Rear Stabilizer Jack Motor Not Working, Front Cargo Light Not Working, Black Water Tank Check Valve Installed Backwards, Black Water Tank Valve Stuck Open, Furrion Antenna Not Finding Channels. Good luck!
- Mark Downing, Maryland

2019-07-27 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Bought the rv from a dealer in Chelsea Mi. The dealer and rv has had many many service (dept) issues. Furnace has been in three times and still isn't working. Water leaks, pump didn't work. Keystone insists we use the dealer we bought from even though they has been there numerous times for service Not sure how the dealer is compensated for repairs. Pick your dealer carefully.
- Rob, Michigan

2019-07-26 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 33SAB View Listings

A 4 rating on all the soft questions about livability, towing etc. If I could give a zero on quality I would. We are thankful the dealer has been excellent at repairing the numerous issues with this trailer. The blinds were replaced or repaired, kitchen sink leaked from day 1 and no pressure, most of the crappy plastic moulding came away from the walls on our first trip, we keep finding screws laying on the floor not sure where they are coming from, hinge on the door just broke because the door is so hard to open, bed mattress was terrible and needed to be replaced. Hinge on the screen door broke. Would not buy another Cougar keystone trailer
- Bob Hodgson , British Columbia

2019-07-22 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 28RLSWE View Listings

bought this unit new. have had nothing but problems with it from the time we picked it up. has been back for work on interior still not done. being told now that I am to picky and that all trailers come like this. we had to have water drained from the underside cause our shower pipe was never hooked up. our stove didn't work our fridge won't go to gas when the power goes out. had that fixed still not working. awning just went seems there is a wiring problem now. battery won't charge so nothing works when the power goes. furnace went when on vacation. the interior is the worst workmanship ever. called keystone they told me its not covered under warranty and dealership whats nothing to do with us now because of all the complaints made to them. one year nothing done correctly. the work done at the dealership is even worst then keystones work but they won't fix it again I am to picky. would never buy a keystone again. buyer beware if you look at a unit be real sure its good, look at the workmanship of all the trim, draws and cabinets because if you don't like how it looks don't buy it no one will fix it. the dealership told me it would be fixed but a year later manufacturer warranty up and unit not fixed. if anyone else has had this problem and got results sure would like that info cause I am getting nowhere fast. no stars for warranty or quality but had to put something in.
- sandi arnold, Ontario

2019-07-18 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

We bought it in October 2019 and the heater broke. It took over two weeks to get the part in to fix it. Then in May the we were in Florida and the air conditioner broke and it started leaking. Keystone is refusing to reimburse us for the air conditioner because they said we missed a step in the diagnostic process. It is not even a year old and they will not stand behind their product and fix things. I DO NOT recommend anyone to buy a keystone.
- Sherry Dubose , Tennessee

2019-07-08 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32BHS View Listings

We purchased this unit in March 2019. There are no electrical outlets in the main body of the camper. We have tried to get the black water flushing system to work. We left it in the shop for over a month and then went camping and the black tank flushing system still does not work. The refrigerator has had to be replaced three times. Wehave owned three campers and this is by far the worst we have ever had. When you pay out over $35,000 for anything you expect it to be a quality product. I have already told several of my friends to not purchase anything made by Keystone.
- Jimmy Towe, Arkansas

2019-07-03 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 25RES View Listings

I would not give a recommendation to buy the Keystone Cougar. Aside from the fact that it must have been built by blind contractors, the materials used are very cheap. We have taken the Cougar in many times for repairs. The drawers under the dining area were not secure. When we drove the Cougar to our campsite, the drawers had jammed into the kitchen causing damage. The shower runners to the door were placed in backwards, causing water to flood the bathroom. The commode pedal broke off causing water to again flood the bathroom. the sink was leaking in the bathroom, the shower wand blew up in my hand. The hot water did not work until we brought it in for repairs and they fixed that problem. The propane bottle door came loose off its hinges. The air conditioner doesn't work well unless its already cold out. The AM part of the radio doesn't work. The outside faucets were leaking. The awning came away from the camper. All in all, if I could get my money back for this horrendous purchase I would ask for it. So apparently buying a new camper was worse than keeping our prior one. Don't buy this camper!!!!
- Jeannie Everding, Wyoming

2019-06-22 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

This trailer was made with the cheapest materials EVER!!! There was no quality control what so ever!! We have had a lot of trailors and every one has been better than this unit. When you pay 38000.00 you expect something of higher quality. Many of the items you don't notice until you live in the trailor. So much plastic, terrible molding, nails up through bathroom floor, rippled wall paper, bench seats that don't fit properly. Broken heater after1 month use. Camper world told us what a wonderful trailor it was, and how it is one of the best on the road. That was one of the biggest lies ever.
- Vickie Gibbons , Utah

2019-06-14 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

We researched a lot of 5th wheel trailers and decided that this was what we wanted. The layout fit our needs. The wardrobe drawers were not square and had either too many staples or not enough. Stepping up into the unit all you can see are unfilled staple and nail holes under the cabinets. It looked like a machine gun had been used. Being a cabinetmaker I can remedy most of these poor workmanship problems. Also the sink covers and rear window blind were missing. Salesman shipped these and I installed. On first use I found that the black water tank rinse did not work. Quality control was lacking that day. I’m four (4) hours from my dealer and not happy about having to go back for warranty service. I wrongly assumed that for the money spent that more things would have been checked prior to delivery. I do like the unit but the lack of attention has dulled the experience.
- Charles E. Tarsook, Maine

2019-06-01 2012 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 277RLSWE View Listings

Not happy with Keystone's product. It is poorly designed and built, and it does not hold up over time. I read the completion check list and the items were check off but not actually inspected. First, the trailers interior was dirty, sawdust and wood screws throughout the carpeting and many defects were found that should have been caught at the factory. Also, Keystone is not truthful about the information they put in their brochures. They advertised a 60 gallon fresh water tank in my trailer and when I removed it because it was leaking, 51 gallons was stamped on the tank. That's false advertising. Don't trust what Keystone says about their products.
- Dean, Montana

2019-04-08 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

We bought the Cougar in November, and so far have had only 2 minor issues. A slight water leak under the kitchen sink which just needed a slight tightening on the joint between the water supply and the faucet line. So far the only other problem was the anti siphon valve for the black water tank was installed backwards, so it didn't flush the tank. Again it was a simple fix that I took care of myself rather than taking it in for warranty fix. After camping for one week I have found no other issues at this point. I Will update if I have any other problems. I have not used the factory warranty for any problems.
- Richard Curchoe, South Carolina

2019-04-01 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHSWE View Listings

Disturbing coverage from the warranty department. I had two handles break off, trim problems, cabinet doors that are falling apart and many other aesthetic problems. Warranty dept wanted nothing to do with fixing these. I am truly disgusted after paying $30,000 for a new unit. Keystone deserves to lose business and if my review helps one person decide to go another direction then it was worth my time. The only company equally as bad is Camping World in De Forest WI.
- Scotty K, Wisconsin

2019-04-01 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 26RKS View Listings

We bought the Cougar Halfton from Camping World in Columbia, Missouri (that’s another nightmare) After 3 recalls , the latest involving 2 axles that need to be replaced and will take 2 weeks to get parts. Appears the quality and craftsmanship is non existent at Keystone these days. 30,000 is not pocket change to us and we expected better quality. Will never buy a Keystone product again! We won’t recommend anyone buy one ! We will buy a Jayco next time. Get your quality control together Keystone! Slow down your production or hire people that have pride in their work. Staples holes not even filled and dinette had to be repaired, stickers for black tank and gray tank reversed. Our camper must have been completed on a Friday before quitting time!
- L Eichelberger, Missouri

2019-03-05 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 25RES View Listings

Just brought home this beautiful 29 foot 5th wheel. Have not moved it yet but going over the unit with a fine tooth comb, it's very apparent the whole factory was stoned on the day they made this. The funniest thing was the lock on the battery compartment was upside down so it did not lock. I can't believe there was a quality control guy of any quality working that day. Anyway, I hope its not what I think this is going to be because it is a really well thought out design. More later
- Michael , California

2019-02-26 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32BHS View Listings

Start off after purchasing had to take in for a big infestation from the factory and spent 4 months going back and forth with the manufacturer to get it taken care of. Once getting it back while testing the flush system it flooded out the inside of the bathroom cabinet and had to fight with them again to get it repaired. I have now owned it for 7 months and have not had a chance to actually use it for camping. As it has been sitting in my shop now getting a chance to go through it I am finding out that they did not clean up any of the left over wood and metal shavings from manufacturing in the process of cleaning it out all the way I filled a small shop vac twice. Now going around it I have been finding shoddy welds all over the structural frame work of the whole trailer and have already found broken welds again I have not used it for camping yet it has only gone back and fourth to the dealership and my house for repairs.
- Charlie, Illinois

2019-01-16 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

We purchase new oct 13, 2018 and took delivery oct 19. Nothing but problems with [dealer] and Keystone. All occurred within 2 weeks, but took over a month for them to admit problems. On dec 26 dometic furnace went bad. Both Keystone
- Rich Charlson, Florida

2019-01-06 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

This RV has been in the service center more than we have had it in our possession. The cabinet facing throughout the RV was peeling off, the flooring had bubbles, the toilet leaked, self leveling system has been a nightmare, and currently the heater does not ignite, also there were staples coming up in the carpet areas.
- David, Arizona

2019-01-03 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

Great floor plan. Two recalls and four warranty issues. The main one being the tearing of the vinyl the first time opening the fireplace/tv slide. Dealer replaced the vinyl so only I know that it was ever touched. No problems since
- Mike B, Illinois

2018-12-26 2009 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 276RLS View Listings

I have owned this 5th wheel for about four years. I have used it by myself on weekend trips to a campground with friends to a temporary live-in rig with my husband and dog while awaiting a move into a new home. In all circumstances, the rig worked flawlessly. With the rear kitchen my husband was able to prepare food as if he was in a house. Everything always worked. The only thing I ever had a little problem with was the lock on the door. After putting in a lock de-icer that problem went away. As a woman traveling alone I had no problem hooking up, setting up, and disconnecting the 5th wheel. I would definitely recommend this rig to anybody looking for a nice RV that is not going to cost an arm and a leg. One other thing, with the design of the front of the fifth wheel, towing it with a short bed truck allows for a little more turning radius - not perfect but better than most fifth wheels with the straight front design. I have no experience with the manufacturer but was forced to rate it for this review. My markings in this area is just a guess.
- JT, Montana

2018-10-27 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RES View Listings

Awesome 5th wheel! Get second AC if your in Florida or Arizona! Air-conditioning does not work that well in the high heat areas must have two ACs running on 50 A to get excellent air-conditioning and heat areas
- Gary henkens, California

2018-09-16 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 33MLS View Listings

We have had nothing but trouble since the day we picked it up. Blow out 70 miles off showroom floor because tire pressure was not checked. They replaced the tire but did not fix the damage caused. This led to wires being pinched when retracting slide out which led to shortages in the auto leveling system. Trim pieces have fallen off. Draws and cabinets won't stay shut during travel. This has caused several items to break including a draw itself. The city water valve has never worked. Table won't stay secured. It has fallen during travel causing damage to table and counters. We had a broken chair when we picked it up and they still haven't fixed that, it's been almost a year. The converter went out in it. The facing of the bedroom slide out came off during travel. The laminate is pealing off the walls. Could not dump the grey tank in the kitchen due to no handle release on unit when we picked it up. The glass stove cover fell apart during travel, all the plastic nuts broke. Have not been able to use outdoor grill, can't get propane to it. Been through 2 sets of tires because the factory did not propperly alignment the unit. Outside refrigerator will not stay closed. Can't plug cable in for tv because nobody has showed us where the alledged switch is. Worse design ever for the bed, can't get around it to make it. Customer service with keystones is horrible. The manager at keystone assured us everything would be fixed but it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the warranty approved and parts ordered. So here we set in Ocala Florida waiting for parts when we as catastrophe insurance adjusters should be in South Carolina working hurricane Florence claims. When we asked about replacing the unit the manager stated that there is no lemon law on rv's and we just have to wait for the warrenty work to be done. Keystones and camping world have an "I don't care about the customer" attitude. Once they get your money, it's all over. The unit is scheduled for work to be done tomorrow, but I have to wonder if it will actually get done. We have had appoints scheduled in the past and then when we get there they can't find the parts and we wait another 6 to 8 weeks. Wondering if they are waiting for the warranty to laps. I know one thing for sure, I will never buy another keystones unit nor will I ever buy a unit from camping world. What we thought was suppose to be too of the line product, turned out to be, bottom of the line crapola, ready for the junk yard, waste of our hard earned money, product.
- Angela Bickham, Texas

2018-09-05 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

This RV is all quality construction. It is extremely comfortable and roomy. The auto leveling system is worth a million dollars, push 1 button and your done. It tows and maneuvers beautifully. Great rv
- Joseph D'amico, Florida