Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs Reviews (46)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rick Baggett from California says:

Have you owned any Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 268RLSWE View Listings

I bought this 5th wheel 6 months ago, and the front cap is cracking. Keystone is only offering to do the BARE MINIMUM to correct the issue. I asked to speak to a manager at corp office was told NO....
- Rick Baggett, California

2019-11-28 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Well, we traded a motor home for a towable. This was not our first RV purchase. We really like many of the upgrades that normally one would have to purchase to improve the Rv, ie down spouts. Still the owners manual doesn’t have enough specific information on how to operate/maintain/troubleshoot water heater, refrigerator, ac unit, which is all on a digital format ops board. We really need to stop purchasing our RV’s from Camping World, this experience was less than satisfactory, especially after finding access panels upside down, and cockeyed, sink covers missing, spare tire off the rim, and water heater plug out, not secure. That would have been a nice surprise after we hookup the water! Flooding, not a fun experience especially if you hook up when it’s dark. Oh yeah, and don’t expect corporate to get very much warranty work done. All denied. I don’t think you would purchase any model if were less than perfect for yourself. Stop treating the consumer like we don’t matter. We are the bottom line!
- Jeffrey Belliveau , North Carolina

2019-11-13 2017 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 26RBIWE View Listings

I have nothing but issues with this travel trailer. I found out that keystone is using defective parts in their trailer. Here is an example. The braces under my kitchen slide out failed. Keystone has issued three upgrade part. I now have braided cables that are stretched. My service department stated that keystone used the wrong screws in the cabling system. I called Keystone, since my travel trailer is over the one year warranty period, they will not stand by their product. I believe they know they had defective parts and the dollar is more important than customer service. I plan to seek remedy citing the uniform commercial code. It is illegal to knowing use defect parts and selling the product as if there is no defects. I would suggest that one way to deal with this company is to not purchase their products. Maybe they will understand that message. Buyer be aware.
- Randy canoy, Oregon

2019-11-12 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

Bought our 2019 Keystone Hideout January 2019 used 4 times and we have leaks all in the master bedroom. The dealership has been back and forth with the manufacturer for repairs. We have additional warranty that we bought for a additional 1000. Dollars. And Keystone does not want to help at all. Learned that the factory warranty that we were told was free , is NOT FREE, they require annual check ups in order to keep the warranty so when we brought it in for the leaks we learned that the FREE WARRANTY will be 217.00 every time. Soon as I can we will trade it in and buy from a different MANUFACTURER. This was our first RV purchase and will never buy or recommend KEYSTONE MANUFACTURER.
- Denise Myers , Texas

2019-10-27 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27RES View Listings

I had always had a travel trailer, my wife to be said no more camping she hated our Grey Wolf. We got lucky the guy next to us showed us his 5th wheel camper, she said buy a 5th wheel and I will go camping. We looked at several different brand names our sales person when we started looking showed us several the the Keystone Cougar 27 RES 34 foot we were impressed with the quality of the workmanship,the room it has the quality of the future and appliances was 2nd to none. We used it as much as we could buying it in August. We are looking forward to camping as much as we can next summer she retires and I have summers off this camper will make a great summer home.
- Tom Brady, Wisconsin

2019-10-20 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS View Listings

The floor plan and livability of this 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS is great; however, the quality and the craftsmanship is horrible. We camped one time before we discovered that neither the front door nor the rear door were opening and closing correctly. The dealer had to replace both doors because they were faulty. On our second trip we were attempting to climb up on the top bunk and all the screws in the top panel of the bed came loose tearing the wall covering. After a heavy rain we discovered 2 inches of rain in the front window that seeped through and soaked the bed. We can’t lock the outside grill/refrigerator unit because they installed the lock backwards. We are taking it back to the dealer a third time now to have these repairs made. We are very disappointed and feel we made a very bad choice in our purchase.
- Pat Robinson, Illinois

2019-10-17 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

I know buying any thing new has a few bugs we are in reno sweltering heat handles it fine now to tahoe for the winter have used it on a few below freezing nights, heater went out bnb one time buy a filter for inside and out. Also after un hooking the camper our first time auto leveling stopped working. Still waiting on a Jack under warranty. The place we bought our camper from has been nothing but helpful. If your sales person isn't willing to answer ur most seemingly dumb question don't buy from them...
- Paul, California

2019-10-02 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHS View Listings

I’m having horrible electrical problems. Water heater is not working properly. Warranty is shady AF, they need to find the problem then ask keystone if they can fix it. If your way out in west Texas living out of it be prepared to pay for the service call. When I asked Keystone for places to have warranty work completed they gave me 4. 3 of the companies told me I need a keystone support dealer and one guy offered to look it up for me which was incredibly sad. The one that did offer to do the work said that could get to it in two months. I bought this camper to live out of because everything is so expensive in west Texas but it has only cost me money. Don’t trust keystone. Let’s just say 2019 camper for sale.
- Brandon Pratt, Texas

2019-09-30 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

Tows very good. Furnace is so loud it wakes you up every time it runs. For the most part all works good. The U shape dinette is useless, no one can fit inside. The cabinets are falling apart inside trim and drawers falling apart. Adding screws and caulk to hold together. Interior is very cheap. Disappointed. It is less than two years old.
- Donald Martinez , Colorado

2019-09-18 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27RES View Listings

We have hauled this Cougar across the country and back twice and still like this unit. Aside from the usual crappy quality control from RV manufactures with fit and finish we are pleased with how it has held up with these long road trips. It proved to be the perfect size in that it was not as awkward as our previous 36 footer for everything from gas stations to tight camping spots. Pulling it trough the mountains was a breeze even in high winds. Of course it helps having our 2500 Silverado with the Duramax engine in it. The auto leveling system worked flawlessly each and every time and having two gray tanks was useful when we stayed in one spot for a longer period of time. Would buy this again as it was just right for the two of us. Not ideal for families of four or more. Came pre wired for a backup camera which I installed and used constantly on our trips. Thus far we have not had any major issues requiring a warranty claim and given the miles that it has been towed that is saying something.
- Chuck, Ohio

2019-09-16 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Would never buy a cougar again! Two of the first four months we owned it were spent at camping World for service. Fireplace smoked when turned on during initial walkthrough. Microwave worked backwards. While there, the 7 way plug was ran over and had to be replaced. They dewinterized it when we bought it. Tried to charge us to winterize it again. Didn’t happen!!! Shortly after, all the molding started falling off on ceiling and around slides. Again at Camping World, after three weeks we’re told it’s ready. We drive the hour to go get it and NOTHING had been done! While there we saw the power hookup cover had been broken off and tv and been hit and was busted. Finally got all that rectified. Now in the last three months the slide cable motor on one slide went out and we are on our second power converter! My husband calls this camper the “Friday at 5:00” camper. Quality control rushed it out to start their weekend! Going to trade it in and take the loss at this point!
- Lynn Chalker, South Carolina

2019-09-13 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

I am a current owner of a 2010 KC 302RLS. I have had my share of problems over the last 10 years with it but it has held up fairly well. However now one of my slides is leaking, I had it serviced only to have the leak return! I want to trade my current unit in for a 2019 model. I went to my local RV dealer and was shown a new 2019 KC 302RLS. Great floor plan with 3 slides, king size bed, faux fireplace, theater seating , free standing table and chairs, 2 AC units, kitchen island! Wow everything I was looking for! “I’ll take it” was on the tip of my tongue, until I spotted what I thought was a spilled drink spot on one of the recliners. Nope, the entire slide roof had leaked causing warping and bubbling of the ceiling. The range hood paint was bubbled and the paint was flaking off. The backsplash tile had fallen off the wall onto the countertop. Obviously that purchase wouldn’t happen. You would think Keystone would see the value (profit) of customer loyalty, sadly they don’t. I haven’t even bought it and it is a hot mess !!!!!
- Cynthia Kensinger, Michigan

2019-08-25 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

The size and layout is great.craftmanship sucks.roof pealed off completely in less then one year, Keystone would not cover the 7,500 dollar repair warranties are useless,water system had plastic fragments in it from construction,soooooo disappointed.Shame on Keystone for its shady workmanship and poor costumer service.
- Terri Phelps, Illinois

2019-08-24 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32BHS View Listings

Bought 2018 cougar 32bhs 4/18. Returned it the same week because it leaked when it rained. Kept it 3 months for the parts that the water ruined. I wanted to return it but camping world would not take it back.first time I used it the grey tank was rusted shut. The handle broke off in my hand. Had to use vise grips to get it opened. November I used the furnace for the first time. It was smoking the fumes would burn your eyes. I called camping world Craig told me it would burn off its normal. It burnt up. Keystone refused to replace the furnace. Said it was lack of maintenance. Refused to fix the grey tank lack of maintenance. Camping world sold me a lack of maintenance camper at a new camper price. I made the statement that who ever was the inspector was that inspected the camper needs to be fired.. I was told by camping world that keystone didn't inspect their campers. Class company. They had my camper for three months and didn't replace the furnace but they did take care of the recall on the furnace. They fixed the recall on a burnt up furnace. Guess they got the warranty money for the recall. The camper is cheaply made. Won't buy nothing from keystone or camping world again. Looking for a quality company. Any suggestions.
- Charlie bowman, Tennessee

2019-08-17 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27RESWE View Listings

Brought the new 2019 Model and had the trailer out first for 10 days in July and now have it packed on a permanent site. Our first issue was the slide brackets being buckled, second issue the emergency window in the bedroom leaks as it is not fitted correctly and after closer inspection the overall build quality of the trailer is questionable drawers not closing properly and breaking, lots of visible staples and on closer inspection cupboards poorly constructed. Thankfully (hopefully), all these issues will be rectified by our dealer (as promised). Spoke direct to Keystone and had a polite conversation with the person taking the call but at the end of the deal all I took away was that it is down to the dealer to sort out as they took no responsibility (pass the buck) and what did we expect from a mass produced unit? Our two options, one suck it up and see if the unit lasts or two look at trade in on different model and see if that is any better. Would I recommend this Couger model - looks good has bells and whistles, lacks cupboard space and after the issues and the build quality would say go in with your eyes open, it's a trailer and seems all companies have there issues!
- Roy Pierson, Alberta

2019-08-14 2016 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 28RLSWE View Listings

Polar package to 0 degrees. Comfortable reclining and usability of furniture. Cargo carrier was crap so built my own heavy duty. Light weight. Lots of windows. Ladder walkable roof. Electric awning. Huge bathroom
- John Hammer III, Washington

2019-08-01 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

- I am mainly writing this review in response to Jimmy Towe, Arkansas, recent post regarding the black tank flush. We had this issue too and it was the check valve under the bathroom sink. Believe it or not, it was installed BACKWARDS. My cousin owns a Cougar Half-ton too and yep, they installed his backwards too. Once we installed it correctly, it worked fine. - The other common problem that many Cougar owners share is the light installed on the front next to the cargo door does not work. It appears the switch, which is part of the light itself, does not work. You can find these lights everywhere, so I may just go to the local big box store to buy one. - The black tank valve lever came out of its sleeve under the rig and the valve was stuck open. In order to repair it we had to cut into the polypropylene enclosed underbelly. You would not believe the stuff we found in there. Several feet of unused wire, sawdust, wire caps, tape! It was kind of hard to believe. At any rate, the RV repair guy told me he has seen this issue a bunch of times with all makers of RVs. Underneath, next to the valve the pull cable snakes through a sleeve and the cable has a nut on it, preventing the wire from pulling too far out. The nut (stopper) slipped past the plastic from of the valve. It was a 30 minute repair and a $100 later. - Our rig has had a lot of use so far this year since purchasing in March. We take it out every other weekend. That said, on our seventh trip of the season the rear power stabilizer jacks failed. It appears the motor is gone, but thankfully they can still be deployed using the jack handle. - The big one and most annoying of all is the Furrion TV antenna appears to be defective. I can pull into a campsite on a Friday afternoon and I can channel auto scan and it will not find any channels in the scan. When I wake up Saturday morning I can try the process of scanning for channels again and it will find 70 plus channels. If at some point during the day my wife shuts the TV off (which she inevitably will) and I try later to scan for channels, it will not find any. When I wake up Sunday morning and try to scan for channels, it will find every over the air channel there is available. I spoke with Furrion about this issue and thing they there is something going on with heat or moisture interacting with the coax feed line. - Other than these issues we are enjoying our Cougar Half-ton 30RLS, but we are not fooling ourselves. In three years we will trade it in on a new one before things really start breaking. - Main Issues Recap: Rear Stabilizer Jack Motor Not Working, Front Cargo Light Not Working, Black Water Tank Check Valve Installed Backwards, Black Water Tank Valve Stuck Open, Furrion Antenna Not Finding Channels. Good luck!
- Mark Downing, Maryland

2019-07-27 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

Bought the rv from a dealer in Chelsea Mi. The dealer and rv has had many many service (dept) issues. Furnace has been in three times and still isn't working. Water leaks, pump didn't work. Keystone insists we use the dealer we bought from even though they has been there numerous times for service Not sure how the dealer is compensated for repairs. Pick your dealer carefully.
- Rob, Michigan

2019-07-26 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 33SAB View Listings

A 4 rating on all the soft questions about livability, towing etc. If I could give a zero on quality I would. We are thankful the dealer has been excellent at repairing the numerous issues with this trailer. The blinds were replaced or repaired, kitchen sink leaked from day 1 and no pressure, most of the crappy plastic moulding came away from the walls on our first trip, we keep finding screws laying on the floor not sure where they are coming from, hinge on the door just broke because the door is so hard to open, bed mattress was terrible and needed to be replaced. Hinge on the screen door broke. Would not buy another Cougar keystone trailer
- Bob Hodgson , British Columbia

2019-07-22 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 28RLSWE View Listings

bought this unit new. have had nothing but problems with it from the time we picked it up. has been back for work on interior still not done. being told now that I am to picky and that all trailers come like this. we had to have water drained from the underside cause our shower pipe was never hooked up. our stove didn't work our fridge won't go to gas when the power goes out. had that fixed still not working. awning just went seems there is a wiring problem now. battery won't charge so nothing works when the power goes. furnace went when on vacation. the interior is the worst workmanship ever. called keystone they told me its not covered under warranty and dealership whats nothing to do with us now because of all the complaints made to them. one year nothing done correctly. the work done at the dealership is even worst then keystones work but they won't fix it again I am to picky. would never buy a keystone again. buyer beware if you look at a unit be real sure its good, look at the workmanship of all the trim, draws and cabinets because if you don't like how it looks don't buy it no one will fix it. the dealership told me it would be fixed but a year later manufacturer warranty up and unit not fixed. if anyone else has had this problem and got results sure would like that info cause I am getting nowhere fast. no stars for warranty or quality but had to put something in.
- sandi arnold, Ontario

2019-07-18 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

We bought it in October 2019 and the heater broke. It took over two weeks to get the part in to fix it. Then in May the we were in Florida and the air conditioner broke and it started leaking. Keystone is refusing to reimburse us for the air conditioner because they said we missed a step in the diagnostic process. It is not even a year old and they will not stand behind their product and fix things. I DO NOT recommend anyone to buy a keystone.
- Sherry Dubose , Tennessee

2019-07-08 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32BHS View Listings

We purchased this unit in March 2019. There are no electrical outlets in the main body of the camper. We have tried to get the black water flushing system to work. We left it in the shop for over a month and then went camping and the black tank flushing system still does not work. The refrigerator has had to be replaced three times. Wehave owned three campers and this is by far the worst we have ever had. When you pay out over $35,000 for anything you expect it to be a quality product. I have already told several of my friends to not purchase anything made by Keystone.
- Jimmy Towe, Arkansas

2019-07-03 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 25RES View Listings

I would not give a recommendation to buy the Keystone Cougar. Aside from the fact that it must have been built by blind contractors, the materials used are very cheap. We have taken the Cougar in many times for repairs. The drawers under the dining area were not secure. When we drove the Cougar to our campsite, the drawers had jammed into the kitchen causing damage. The shower runners to the door were placed in backwards, causing water to flood the bathroom. The commode pedal broke off causing water to again flood the bathroom. the sink was leaking in the bathroom, the shower wand blew up in my hand. The hot water did not work until we brought it in for repairs and they fixed that problem. The propane bottle door came loose off its hinges. The air conditioner doesn't work well unless its already cold out. The AM part of the radio doesn't work. The outside faucets were leaking. The awning came away from the camper. All in all, if I could get my money back for this horrendous purchase I would ask for it. So apparently buying a new camper was worse than keeping our prior one. Don't buy this camper!!!!
- Jeannie Everding, Wyoming

2019-06-22 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

This trailer was made with the cheapest materials EVER!!! There was no quality control what so ever!! We have had a lot of trailors and every one has been better than this unit. When you pay 38000.00 you expect something of higher quality. Many of the items you don't notice until you live in the trailor. So much plastic, terrible molding, nails up through bathroom floor, rippled wall paper, bench seats that don't fit properly. Broken heater after1 month use. Camper world told us what a wonderful trailor it was, and how it is one of the best on the road. That was one of the biggest lies ever.
- Vickie Gibbons , Utah

2019-06-14 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

We researched a lot of 5th wheel trailers and decided that this was what we wanted. The layout fit our needs. The wardrobe drawers were not square and had either too many staples or not enough. Stepping up into the unit all you can see are unfilled staple and nail holes under the cabinets. It looked like a machine gun had been used. Being a cabinetmaker I can remedy most of these poor workmanship problems. Also the sink covers and rear window blind were missing. Salesman shipped these and I installed. On first use I found that the black water tank rinse did not work. Quality control was lacking that day. I’m four (4) hours from my dealer and not happy about having to go back for warranty service. I wrongly assumed that for the money spent that more things would have been checked prior to delivery. I do like the unit but the lack of attention has dulled the experience.
- Charles E. Tarsook, Maine