Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs Reviews (23)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Rick Baggett from California says:

Have you owned any Keystone Cougar Half-Ton RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 268RLSWE View Listings

I bought this 5th wheel 6 months ago, and the front cap is cracking. Keystone is only offering to do the BARE MINIMUM to correct the issue. I asked to speak to a manager at corp office was told NO....
- Rick Baggett, California

2019-06-14 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

We researched a lot of 5th wheel trailers and decided that this was what we wanted. The layout fit our needs. The wardrobe drawers were not square and had either too many staples or not enough. Stepping up into the unit all you can see are unfilled staple and nail holes under the cabinets. It looked like a machine gun had been used. Being a cabinetmaker I can remedy most of these poor workmanship problems. Also the sink covers and rear window blind were missing. Salesman shipped these and I installed. On first use I found that the black water tank rinse did not work. Quality control was lacking that day. I’m four (4) hours from my dealer and not happy about having to go back for warranty service. I wrongly assumed that for the money spent that more things would have been checked prior to delivery. I do like the unit but the lack of attention has dulled the experience.
- Charles E. Tarsook, Maine

2019-06-01 2012 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 277RLSWE View Listings

Not happy with Keystone's product. It is poorly designed and built, and it does not hold up over time. I read the completion check list and the items were check off but not actually inspected. First, the trailers interior was dirty, sawdust and wood screws throughout the carpeting and many defects were found that should have been caught at the factory. Also, Keystone is not truthful about the information they put in their brochures. They advertised a 60 gallon fresh water tank in my trailer and when I removed it because it was leaking, 51 gallons was stamped on the tank. That's false advertising. Don't trust what Keystone says about their products.
- Dean, Montana

2019-04-08 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

We bought the Cougar in November, and so far have had only 2 minor issues. A slight water leak under the kitchen sink which just needed a slight tightening on the joint between the water supply and the faucet line. So far the only other problem was the anti siphon valve for the black water tank was installed backwards, so it didn't flush the tank. Again it was a simple fix that I took care of myself rather than taking it in for warranty fix. After camping for one week I have found no other issues at this point. I Will update if I have any other problems. I have not used the factory warranty for any problems.
- Richard Curchoe, South Carolina

2019-04-01 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHSWE View Listings

Disturbing coverage from the warranty department. I had two handles break off, trim problems, cabinet doors that are falling apart and many other aesthetic problems. Warranty dept wanted nothing to do with fixing these. I am truly disgusted after paying $30,000 for a new unit. Keystone deserves to lose business and if my review helps one person decide to go another direction then it was worth my time. The only company equally as bad is Camping World in De Forest WI.
- Scotty K, Wisconsin

2019-04-01 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 26RKS View Listings

We bought the Cougar Halfton from Camping World in Columbia, Missouri (that’s another nightmare) After 3 recalls , the latest involving 2 axles that need to be replaced and will take 2 weeks to get parts. Appears the quality and craftsmanship is non existent at Keystone these days. 30,000 is not pocket change to us and we expected better quality. Will never buy a Keystone product again! We won’t recommend anyone buy one ! We will buy a Jayco next time. Get your quality control together Keystone! Slow down your production or hire people that have pride in their work. Staples holes not even filled and dinette had to be repaired, stickers for black tank and gray tank reversed. Our camper must have been completed on a Friday before quitting time!
- L Eichelberger, Missouri

2019-03-05 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 25RES View Listings

Just brought home this beautiful 29 foot 5th wheel. Have not moved it yet but going over the unit with a fine tooth comb, it's very apparent the whole factory was stoned on the day they made this. The funniest thing was the lock on the battery compartment was upside down so it did not lock. I can't believe there was a quality control guy of any quality working that day. Anyway, I hope its not what I think this is going to be because it is a really well thought out design. More later
- Michael , California

2019-02-26 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32BHS View Listings

Start off after purchasing had to take in for a big infestation from the factory and spent 4 months going back and forth with the manufacturer to get it taken care of. Once getting it back while testing the flush system it flooded out the inside of the bathroom cabinet and had to fight with them again to get it repaired. I have now owned it for 7 months and have not had a chance to actually use it for camping. As it has been sitting in my shop now getting a chance to go through it I am finding out that they did not clean up any of the left over wood and metal shavings from manufacturing in the process of cleaning it out all the way I filled a small shop vac twice. Now going around it I have been finding shoddy welds all over the structural frame work of the whole trailer and have already found broken welds again I have not used it for camping yet it has only gone back and fourth to the dealership and my house for repairs.
- Charlie, Illinois

2019-01-16 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBS View Listings

We purchase new oct 13, 2018 and took delivery oct 19. Nothing but problems with [dealer] and Keystone. All occurred within 2 weeks, but took over a month for them to admit problems. On dec 26 dometic furnace went bad. Both Keystone
- Rich Charlson, Florida

2019-01-06 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

This RV has been in the service center more than we have had it in our possession. The cabinet facing throughout the RV was peeling off, the flooring had bubbles, the toilet leaked, self leveling system has been a nightmare, and currently the heater does not ignite, also there were staples coming up in the carpet areas.
- David, Arizona

2019-01-03 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

Great floor plan. Two recalls and four warranty issues. The main one being the tearing of the vinyl the first time opening the fireplace/tv slide. Dealer replaced the vinyl so only I know that it was ever touched. No problems since
- Mike B, Illinois

2018-12-26 2009 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 276RLS View Listings

I have owned this 5th wheel for about four years. I have used it by myself on weekend trips to a campground with friends to a temporary live-in rig with my husband and dog while awaiting a move into a new home. In all circumstances, the rig worked flawlessly. With the rear kitchen my husband was able to prepare food as if he was in a house. Everything always worked. The only thing I ever had a little problem with was the lock on the door. After putting in a lock de-icer that problem went away. As a woman traveling alone I had no problem hooking up, setting up, and disconnecting the 5th wheel. I would definitely recommend this rig to anybody looking for a nice RV that is not going to cost an arm and a leg. One other thing, with the design of the front of the fifth wheel, towing it with a short bed truck allows for a little more turning radius - not perfect but better than most fifth wheels with the straight front design. I have no experience with the manufacturer but was forced to rate it for this review. My markings in this area is just a guess.
- JT, Montana

2018-10-27 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RES View Listings

Awesome 5th wheel! Get second AC if your in Florida or Arizona! Air-conditioning does not work that well in the high heat areas must have two ACs running on 50 A to get excellent air-conditioning and heat areas
- Gary henkens, California

2018-09-16 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 33MLS View Listings

We have had nothing but trouble since the day we picked it up. Blow out 70 miles off showroom floor because tire pressure was not checked. They replaced the tire but did not fix the damage caused. This led to wires being pinched when retracting slide out which led to shortages in the auto leveling system. Trim pieces have fallen off. Draws and cabinets won't stay shut during travel. This has caused several items to break including a draw itself. The city water valve has never worked. Table won't stay secured. It has fallen during travel causing damage to table and counters. We had a broken chair when we picked it up and they still haven't fixed that, it's been almost a year. The converter went out in it. The facing of the bedroom slide out came off during travel. The laminate is pealing off the walls. Could not dump the grey tank in the kitchen due to no handle release on unit when we picked it up. The glass stove cover fell apart during travel, all the plastic nuts broke. Have not been able to use outdoor grill, can't get propane to it. Been through 2 sets of tires because the factory did not propperly alignment the unit. Outside refrigerator will not stay closed. Can't plug cable in for tv because nobody has showed us where the alledged switch is. Worse design ever for the bed, can't get around it to make it. Customer service with keystones is horrible. The manager at keystone assured us everything would be fixed but it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the warranty approved and parts ordered. So here we set in Ocala Florida waiting for parts when we as catastrophe insurance adjusters should be in South Carolina working hurricane Florence claims. When we asked about replacing the unit the manager stated that there is no lemon law on rv's and we just have to wait for the warrenty work to be done. Keystones and camping world have an "I don't care about the customer" attitude. Once they get your money, it's all over. The unit is scheduled for work to be done tomorrow, but I have to wonder if it will actually get done. We have had appoints scheduled in the past and then when we get there they can't find the parts and we wait another 6 to 8 weeks. Wondering if they are waiting for the warranty to laps. I know one thing for sure, I will never buy another keystones unit nor will I ever buy a unit from camping world. What we thought was suppose to be too of the line product, turned out to be, bottom of the line crapola, ready for the junk yard, waste of our hard earned money, product.
- Angela Bickham, Texas

2018-09-05 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

This RV is all quality construction. It is extremely comfortable and roomy. The auto leveling system is worth a million dollars, push 1 button and your done. It tows and maneuvers beautifully. Great rv
- Joseph D'amico, Florida

2018-09-05 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

Floor plan okay I had two recalls so far fireplace plug outside BBQ I took it back to the dealers recliners hitting the window power converter burn had to replace it black tank clean out water hoses backwards front AC leaking when it rain linoleum buckling kitchen AC didn't work I had to pay to repair in a trip I haven't got my money back yet from the factory I want to buy another one
- Lester Rapp , Arizona

2018-09-05 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SABWE View Listings

We bought our new 27SABWE in June, and have taken it out 3 times and now it's parked waiting for repairs. We're not hard on our trailer. In fact, it's new and we're pretty careful with everything. But I am sick with all of the things that have broken in a short amount of time. To start with there is almost no water pressure. I took it in to the dealer, but they say the pressure is normal. Okay, it takes about 20 minutes to run a sink full of water - that's normal? The dealer had to fix the AC ducting which wasn't connected to the main unit at the factory. The valve handle for the black water tank wasn't screwed in and came off in my hand when I went to dump. The weather stripping around the door fell off while driving down the road. One of the drawers literally fell apart when we put stuff in it. The dealer has already repaired a lot of things like broken window shades, loose trim, no sealant around shower, etc. Worst of all, our slide out was off the track the day we bought it and now we have to wait for the dealer to negotiate with Keystone before they'll fix it! I'm reading some good reviews of the Cougar trailers, so maybe we just got a lemon. But I'm starting to feel like I just paid a lot of money for a piece of junk. Until I'm happy with mine, I'm telling everyone to stay away from the Cougars.
- Jeff, Oregon

2018-08-30 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29BHSWE View Listings

We bought this trailer in Washington to move across the country to N.C. We honestly couldn’t have bought a better trailer. We weren’t expecting to stay in it for so long, but with a crazy housing market we ended up living in it for 3 months. Thank goodness for the extra insulation in the western edition because the N.C. summers are no joke and without good insulation, I don’t think the A/C would’ve been able to keep up. But I’m getting too far ahead. First, the trailer tows straight and feels so light behind a 3/4 ton truck (especially if you’ve got a diesel). At just under 7,000lbs loaded with dishes, clothes, etc., the truck barely noticed it was there even across the Tetons, Rockies, and Smokies. It was always so fun to cook out under the awning with the outdoor kitchen or to grab a drink from the outdoor refrigerator while roasting marshmallows outside. And if it’s rainy, you go into the spacious living area and enjoy the huge TV with surround sound. Putting the kids into their own bunks in the back while staying up front in a separate room is amazing. Mom and Dad stay up and it doesn’t wake the kiddos. If you’re looking for an amazing trailer, whether it’s your first or an upgrade, this is a fantastic model to consider. You won’t regret owning one.
- CALEB SHEFFIELD, North Carolina

2018-07-18 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 22RBSWE View Listings

Keystone should be absolutely ashamed of the lack of quality control during construction of their units. I am totally unsatisfied with what I have found and have not even used the unit to date. Pretty obvious that the workers have no pride in what they are doing and management is not doing their job or just do not care. BUYER BEWARE
- Brad McClelland, Alberta

2018-07-09 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 32RLI View Listings

I like my camper. I like the roominess. I have a problem with passenger side slide out leaking when it rains with slide out. Water is coming in somehow and running under sofa. Edge of carpet gets wet. Side window on drivers side leaks. Dealer is willing to fix. It is just disgusting. No one ever wants to buy a leaker. I am sure my dealer will do what is right. Has anyone else had this problem.
- Kim, West Virginia

2018-05-17 2018 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 28RLSWE View Listings

We love our Cougar, the inside is very light and with all the windows it is nice and bright. The outside kitchen is fantastic. The 1/2 towable is a plus the gas mileage on my diesel averages over 16 mph through the mountains. Our prev5 th Wheel I averaged 11 mph.
- Robert MacLean, Georgia

2018-05-04 2012 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 277RLSWE View Listings

We love our trailer, the living space is great, lots of windows. Love the bathroom as it goes full width. Queen walk around bed has a super foam mattress with memory foam topper. Lots of cupboards and great full width storage space underneath. We are sad to sell but health and age have happened so it is too much for us.
- George Donovan, British Columbia

2017-05-22 2014 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 19RBEWE View Listings

We've had this since it was new off the lot, and have only been able to enjoy it a very few times, but the quality and layout are excellent, especially with the slide-out. We love the power awning and large bathroom. Great sound system inside and out. Very nice towing with sway bars. Dual batteries, flat screen and everything you'd want away from home.
- Debra, Washington