Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (90)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Terry B from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Buyer beware, very nice unit , tows great but pray you do not have any warranty issues. They will approve fixing the nickel and dime defects you can expect in any RV. But if you encounter a costly defect you will be instructed to get you owners Manuel out and check the fine print. Case in point, I have a 10 month old 2016 cougar with a roof that is starting to ripple in the front and the factory adhesive over the joints has some cracks in it that allowed wind to create the ripples. The fine print says owners must inspect their roof every 90 days and apply a approved material to patch that bonds with factory mastic. Camping world recommends doing this once a year. Needless to say claim denied, keystone once again made sure they could pass off any defect that was costly to the consumer. If the manufacturer won't honor their warranty, don't waste money on an extended warranty.
- Terry B, California

2021-04-18 2021 Keystone Cougar 316RLS View Listings

Quality is not good, from windows that won't stay closed, broken screws in several areas that were not repaired, now furnace wasn't stay on. Even found a hinge under the table that dealer has no idea why it is there. They need to spend some time on quality control or I would not recommend anyone buy a keystone product. We will take this back to the dealer, who has been great for the third time in 3 weeks. We also had several cabinet doors that were broken and are being replaced, another cabinet door that was not properly finished and Keystone won't replace because it is not broken, just looks bad.
- Bradley Wachter, Indiana

2021-04-07 2017 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

So far every fan including the stove, a.c. fan quit working.I've only had it a year and a half. They are made so cheap, but they sure do cost a bundle. So do the replacement parts. I'm so disappointed with the quality. I wouldn't buy another.
- Judie Burnette, California

2021-03-29 2020 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

I am having issues with Keystone RV following through on warranty issues. They keep dragging their feet on addressing issues. I have contacted their customer support and they take their time on responding, then drag out any assistance.
- David Boggs, Virginia

2021-03-23 2016 Keystone Cougar 330RBK View Listings

We love this RV it has been great no problems to name love the bunkhouse and layout of living space and bedroom I pull it with Ram 2500 heavy duty with no problems like it's not even there we would definitely buy another Keystone
- Donnie Nation, Georgia

2021-02-10 2020 Keystone Cougar 27SGS View Listings

We went with the 27sgs 5th wheel because we really liked the look and floor plan (especially the full shower and storage in bathroom). The living space is very open and the kitchen has a lot of storage for a camper! CONS-The electric fire place has never worked and is mounted into the entertainment center. Flipping breakers doesn't help. We would have to tear the whole thing out to try and see whats wrong. The central heat also doesn't work, only blows room temperature air, regardless of if its on gas or electric. Not even 6 months in and the molding has come loose in some places on the ceiling so its not like a high traffic area that we could have caused. Our wardrobe door just came unglued from the frame one day when my husband opened it. The handle and middle part just slid right off. Not long after one of the drawer faces in the closett did the same. I know campers are made with lighter materials than a house but we aren't particularly rough on it and try to take care and make repairs. There is no explanation for the fireplace and heat to not work and no one has been able to help us.
- Samantha Canfield, Texas

2021-01-16 2017 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

The floor plan is the best I have experienced. We have never had any issues since buying it. The heat and A/C are very well designed to keep you very comfortable. Everything is in like new condition and works as it should. Nonsmokers, no bunks.
- Mike Wickens, New York

2020-12-21 2005 Keystone Cougar 281EFS View Listings

I want to let everyone know about the cheap quality of most of the materials used to build, the craftsmanship looks like a 10 year old did it and did not care about anything from squareness to clean-up in the vents to cutting holes for plumbing, so many things about the workmanship, it would be pages.Super disappointed and would bet the cheap Chinese would do better, just take a good look at all angles before you lay down hard earned money for this 3rd string rig!
- fayspainting, New Mexico

2020-11-30 2005 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Excellent small (26') RV for a couple or single person, rear living floor plan gives room and good view of TV. Slide is deep 40" and 6' wide, great for the dining area. Light weight pulls easily, could use a half ton to pull it.
- Duntrukin, California

2020-11-02 2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES View Listings

I was surprized how well the cabinets are built Has rear bunks basic floorplan ,but two seperate entrances to bedroom big bathroom decent size shower we love it! However, theres a smell! not mold but sweaty rv when not in use the smell carries on anything you bring home I once called keystone and they told me i should get private testing done (Really?) I dont like customer service, never able to help me
- steve rosenberg, New Jersey

2020-10-14 2019 Keystone Cougar 368MBI View Listings

We love the layout and decore, but Im not impressed with the dual fuel Dometic refrigerator. Very spacious living area,and the heating/ac systems are sized right. However the toilet is not user friendly especially if your a guy. And for kids to use it, the toilet is too tall for them. So overall would we recommend getting this camper, yes! Its a great rig for a family!
- Rene, New Hampshire

2020-09-30 2020 Keystone Cougar 364BHL View Listings

This RV has a Lot of nice perks. I love the stereo you can listen to it inside and outside at the same time. Has fancy lighting around the island. The front of the fifth wheel has some fancy lighting. The leveling system Is automatic. The awnings have lights on them. There’s a lot of room if you have grandkids over or if you have children. The second bedroom has a bunk on top that’s a regular size Bed that you can walk under to the bottom bed. It Has a large closet with some drawers. Lots of storage under the bed in the second bedroom. Has a bathroom off of that second bedroom. There’s a lot of storage in the kitchen under the benches around the table there’s storage under there in a very large pantry. The shower is very roomy both of the toilets in both bathrooms is porcelain. There’s a medicine cabinet in both bathrooms. There’s Cabinets under both sinks in the bathrooms. In the big bathroom there’s an extra cabinet with two drawers and two shelves. In the master bedroom the storage underneath the bed. There’s two side tables above the side tables or two cabinets. There’s a closet for clothes. And six drawers Under the closet. Above the bed in the in the master is a big window that you can look out of. From the outside you can’t tell that it’s a window. This is a very very nice RV. We love it.
- Rema Williams, Alabama

2020-09-08 2020 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

We Bought our camper from Camping World in Center Conway NH. NOT A FAN. Had a delivery overview of camper. Never mentioned to us anything about the little things about the camper. Didn’t know until we had issues with the TV that a Shade was over head. Also a control for owning on the outside for 3 months. Keystone doesn’t pay any attention to details.
- Kevin , New Hampshire

2020-08-31 2019 Keystone Cougar 311RES View Listings

Very nice 5th wheel RV with excellent floor plan and plenty of space to live! Pulls very well on the road with my 2500HD Silverado! Due to the size of the RV, would advise adding rear and side camera's for improved visibility however an impressive mobile house on wheels.
- James L. West, Kentucky

2020-08-21 2019 Keystone Cougar 364BHL View Listings

this trailer is not worth the money, its cheaply made we have had nothing but problems, first led light had to be replace on owning brand new, next trim piece below slide out blew off down the road, next the brackets on water tank broke loose had no water all weekend. would not recommend this trailer possibly this brand as well.
- Darlene Hostetter, Wyoming

2020-08-09 2010 Keystone Cougar 324RLB View Listings

RVs are what you get when carpenters try to build trucks. The engineering on rvs is pathetic, no for thought on maintenance accessibility after manufacturing is complete. And EVERYONE complains about warranty work. Bottom line, you get what you pay for with Keystone, bad company management puts out a product that puts out a product everyone complains about when they turn to the company for warranty. Get your act together Keystone.
- Bill Porter, Oregon

2020-07-22 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

This is a really nice 5th wheel in excellent condition. I didn't purchase it because I needed something a bit smaller. But, man is this a nice rig. I strongly recommend this Cougar 5th wheel to anyone looking for luxury camping. I especially like the outside kitchen with the beer fridge and gas grill.
- Tom Thumb, California

2020-07-03 2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB View Listings

We’re on our 8th season with this camper. We started with a baby in a playpen and a toddler on the bottom bunk, both in the bunkroom. We could close the bedroom door during nap/bedtime and still enjoy the rest of the camper. It is still suiting us perfectly as the kids get larger. The tanks are huge for trips with no services. The underneath storage fits everything we need. My only complaint is the lack of clothing storage in both bedrooms. Make sure to get the bedroom slide.
- Dean , Manitoba

2020-06-26 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

My wife and I purchased our camper at the end of 2017. We have only had minimal problems with it so far. Wrapped outdoor kitchen door, thermostat, and overhead fan. We really like this camper for the layout and size for entertaining. Remember every camper will probably have some problems. It's up to you to take care of your camper as much as possible.
- Burt Swable, New York

2020-06-23 2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS View Listings

From day one we had bad experiences. We were missing a lens from one of the ceiling lights, the DVD player was faulty (and not Blu-Tooth) the ceiling molding was warped and had to be replace, a side molding on one of the sliders fell off, several of the storage doors underneath wouldn't open and had to be pried open, the outside light under the bedroom wouldn't work (still doesn't) and I could go on and on especially on the defective leaf spring holder which caused a nightmare of issues including fighting to get them to repair it under warrantee while on the road but..... We are now experiencing premature wear of the "theater seat". I contacted Camping world and we had purchased the extended warrantee on the fabric and furniture. What a disappointment that is. They will not replace the furniture, but instead contract with a "guy" who will repair it with a $200.00 limit on repair costs. AND "It won't be perfect, but that's the best we can do". The biggest fiasco though has to be Marcus Lemonis and his infamous quote, "If you're not happy, I'm not happy". He is so out of touch with his customer base. He has no idea (or, maybe he does) the dis-satisfaction of his customers and how poor of a product he is selling and how lousy the warrantees are on most of what his company offers. On that I will finish by saying.... Look long and hard before buying a camping world product. There are many other products out there. Research before buying. I will not be RV buying from Camping World again.
- Stephen Mazerolle, Florida

2020-06-13 2019 Keystone Cougar 338RLK View Listings

Traded our pull type Cougar in on this fifth wheel last year. Overall, very satisfied with all aspects of this RV. Love the auto leveling system and return to hitch mode. There are a few things I would change after using for a year. 1. Outdoor kitchen is too high. 2. Dinette set is really tight for 4 people. U shaped booth would be better. 3. A ceiling fan would be nice and ceiling is plenty tall for it. 4. Outdoor kitchen refrigerator only works on AC current. It would be nice to have a cold drink readily available while traveling. Pluses are iN·Command system allows me to control most functions from my iPhone. We recommend the Cougar and get a lot of compliments on it from friends.
- Karr Rod, Illinois

2020-06-03 2019 Keystone Cougar 361RLW View Listings

called customer support ask how to turn vent fan on give them vin number they said it didn't show were it was and that they would have to get ahold of tech support and they would email me were it was never emailed me great service tells me a lot about there customer service
- joseph, Tennessee

2020-05-14 2014 Keystone Cougar 337FLS View Listings

I bought a 2018 keystone cougar 5th wheel from day one it's been a nightmare, from the factory the shower leaked , hot water tank , the furance and roof. I paid cash for this unit , 52,000 and when this happens nobody wanted to hear it , the floor in the whole trailer and the mold is horrible, they took the trailer back to factory , I had to tow it there and it was there over 4 months. Got it back and still have issues, the furance still wasn't working and now the slide floor is rotting out. , please people say away from any keystone product . Customer service is horrible and now I have is a junk trailer worth nothing , really do your homework
- Rodney, Pennsylvania

2020-05-08 2020 Keystone Cougar 364BHL View Listings

Let me start by saying I have never posted a negative report, but this is necessary. I am an elementary school teacher, I work hard, don't ask for much, but to enjoy life not only when I get to be with all of my kiddos in class but also when I'm with my family on the weekends. Putting my trust in Keystone was a mistake. We purchased this RV new two months ago. This is our third RV, but our first Keystone We purchased it because of the full bed in the second bedroom, the center island, 1/2 bath and outdoor kitchen. Unfortunately, on our third trip within that first month of owning it, the automatic leveling system broke and had to be fixed along with the water tank sensors. The light fixers in the ceiling keep falling off as well. The biggest issue with the RV is the refrigerator. It also broke on the same third trip, which was very disappointing since we had to scramble to find coolers and ice. We brought it back to Camping World, where they had it for three weeks while waiting for permission from Keystone to replace the refrigerator. We finally got the new one installed brought it home, turned it on and the new one is also broken. Camping World is asking us to bring the RV back so that they can ask Keystone for another replacement. I'm ready to ask for a refund. Worst purchase ever and I urge anyone interested in purchasing a Keystone to look at other brands. Our last RV was a Forest River, I loved it, the floor plan of the Keystone is the only reason we switched.
- Kim Carter, Virginia

2020-03-04 2018 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

Love it! Beautiful and spacious. Colors are perfect! Storage is good! Fireplace is an excellent touch! Love the large TVs! King size bed is a tight fit but worth it! The residential refrigerator gives plenty of room for endless groceries!
- Beverly A Jefferis, Missouri