Keystone Arcadia

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone Arcadia RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Douglas B Alston from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Keystone Arcadia 3660RL View Listings

First of all, my wife and I really like the layout and interior colors of the rig. We recently retired, love camping, and traveling. We have reservation all summer long so we decided to upgrade from our Keystone Cougar. This is going to be a lengthy review as I have had several issues with it. The first day we brought it home we noticed that there wasn't a remote and manual for the electric fireplace. Contacted the dealer and they didn't have any idea if one should be with it. I contacted Keystone and they sent one. By the way, the showroom model didn't have one either. I was testing the stereo and the outside speakers didn't work. I pulled it out and the speaker wiring was not properly wired to the outside speakers. I corrected that and then connected my satellite dish to the satellite input on the KeyTV Multi source controller. Well, my dish receiver couldn't recognize the satellite dish. After extensive troubleshooting I discovered that 3 of the coax connectors on the KeyTV controller weren't properly installed. I repaired them too. The next issue is the GFCI in the bedroom started tripping. I did some diagnostics and found the GFCI to be defective (very cheap GFCI). Purchased a new one and haven't had a problem with it. Memorial weekend we took it out for the first time. Figuring out the water tanks was a problem prior to leaving. The labeling on the panel is not labeled correctly. I eventually figured it out and had to mark each valve with a permanent marker. I pulled it approximately 135 miles to our destination. During this drive I didn't like the way the brakes were working. I have to max out the brake controller to get the brakes to somewhat work. Once we got to our destination, it was warm out so I break out my generator and turned on the rear AC. The first thing I noticed is the AC low and high fans were reversed. That upset me! Well after running it for several minutes there wasn't any cold air! Now I'm really frustrated. I'm a retired electronics tech so I'm pretty good with diagnosing wiring, etc. I pulled the thermostat of the wall and found that the low and high fan wires were reversed and the wrong wire was connect for the AC compressor. Ok, so I fixed that. Now I check the bedroom AC. It worked on high fan, but the low fan didn't work, but it did make cold air. I took the thermostat of the wall and found a ground wire spliced into the low fan wire! Well after doing voltage checks I found that the thermostat is fried on the low fan circuit. The next issue I found is the front fresh water tank stopped pumping water and it still showed over 1/3 of water in it. I switched it to the rear tank and got water. I opened the drain and it still had approximately 20 gallons of water in it. Once I got home I started filling that tank again and the pump wouldn't start pumping water until it was well over 1/3 of a tank. Now I'm beginning to think I screwed up by purchasing this rig. I pulled the upper panel in the pass through storage compartment and with my cell phone camera, I was able to take photos of the hose that went to the pump and the drain hose. The hose that goes to the pump is tapped into the side of the tank several inches from the bottom. The drain hose is tapped into the tank on the bottom. I'm like what the hell is this??? Ok, so while on the camping trip I notices that the "J" wrap on both of the opposing slideouts are not strait and are wavy as you looked down the side. The rubber piece that runs along the top of the "J" wrap isn't installed right....ugh!! More issues! Ok, so back to the brakes, I called Lippert, who is the manufacture of the axles, and asked them if the brakes are self adjusting or manual. They couldn't tell me without the axle serial number which I didn't have at the time. However he told me that the dealership is suppose to heat the brakes up to 200 degrees to break in the brakes. They have a coating on them and this procedure burns or wears this coating off. Apparently that wasn't done. He also told me that the dealership is suppose to lube the wheel bearings. He said most of the time they fail to do this. He said if I had a grease gun, go purchase a tube of Lucas #2 Red wheel bearing grease and grease the bearings. Oh, the rig does have bearing buddies. So I go to grease the bearings I found that one wheel was missing the dust cover!!(not the chrome cover that is on the wheel). OK, time to go to the dealer. Do you think I can get it in for warranty?? Well I have an appointment coming up but can only get 3 things looked at. Anything else I have to wait months to get it in. I bought this to travel and enjoy my retirement so now I will have to put a pause on some of it. I have also talked several times with Keystone but all they tell me is to take it to a dealership for warranty. I found several more problems but no more room to type. My question to keystone is where is your quality control?
- Douglas B Alston, Colorado