Keystone 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (641)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2021-01-23 2014 Keystone Montana Paramount 3402RL View Listings

The Montana 3402 has the most inside storage I've ever seen. Huge cabinets, Pantry, Isl Cabinets open on both sides. Two sinks and vanities in brm are great. Convect micro is a great feature. Very comfortable for fulltime or short term. Love the counter space!
- Wayne, Arizona

2021-01-23 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

I Loved this RV.I only have one thing to say I was not happy on. I think they need more storage in Bunk house!Also I think that it's misleading about the size of the one bunk over the recliners in the bunkhouse. It really only fits a small adult or small child comfortably. My son who is now 15 and 6FT can not fit up there to sleep. But the other one above the TV is of good size!
- dawnie316, Georgia

2021-01-20 2014 Keystone Alpine 3250RL View Listings

We purchased our 5th wheel from Clickit rv in Spokane, WA. They delivered it to us. First thing that happened, driver had to turn around and go back to dealership because the roof membrane blew off. After we finally got it weeks later, our furnace quit working, then it rained and water came into the rv through our slide in the bedroom getting our carpet wet., our carpet in the living room had black stains coming up through the carpet, my son said it was in the padding underneath. Now we discovered our black tank is leaking into the bladder causing severe odors throughout the rv. We have been staying in this 5th wheel for a few months now and we're not happy to have it delivered in such shape, and knowing it couldn't have been properly inspected. Even though they sold us a preowned 5th wheel, we shouldn't have to experience these kind of problems.
- Linda Murray, Washington

2021-01-16 2019 Keystone Avalanche 301RE View Listings

I think this RV is terrific. Opposing slides in living area make it feel larger than it is. Bedroom has room to move, store and change clothes, in short to live in. We had 3 5th wheels before this, and this should have been the one from the beginning. Lots of storage space. including large closet in BR and pantry in kitchen. Quality seems to be excellent. The refrigerator section of the Samsung residential refrigerator stopped working. Samsung repair was difficult to deal with, so Kaystone gave allowance for new fridge, a slightly larger GE. Lots of storage space. I highly recommend this RV.
- Richard Cinanni, Florida

2021-01-16 2017 Keystone Cougar 333MKS View Listings

The floor plan is the best I have experienced. We have never had any issues since buying it. The heat and A/C are very well designed to keep you very comfortable. Everything is in like new condition and works as it should. Nonsmokers, no bunks.
- Mike Wickens, New York

2021-01-16 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

Bought this unit Jan 7,2020 from a dealer in tenn. First arrived it was extremely windy so they couldn't put out awnings, the stabilizers struggled when we were there and the gentleman Dave who was showing us unit said he would put in a work order for us to have fixed when we arrived in florida and the rear blind did not open whatsoever,why because the strings are cut too short so there is no way ever it would open. We take it home and the first time we go to use it the entire control board blew. Then after 2 months for that to come in we go to scheduled trip but covid hit so then we decided to try out parked at my husbands shop so first night the ac units kept running and still never cycle, the black,clear and grey tank now dont register on new panel,the awnings that the dealer would Not open DON'T ACTUALLY work. The control panel does not recognize them then we get them unlocked and again they disconnect, the other blinds would not stay open, the over head vent fan
- Deborah McGrory, Florida

2021-01-14 2016 Keystone Montana 3911FB View Listings

We purchased this RV in February of 2020 from Camper Clinic II in Buda Tx. As the dealer was delivering it it blew out a tire and tore up the underside. The dealer didn't want to fix it and I had to go around the service mgnr to get it fixed in a timely manner. Service was backed up 4 months. We finally received it and have had nothing but problems every since. 2 service calls for the AC units, Propane regulator had to be replaced, Black water valve had to be replaced, Front door doesn't shut right, hinges are bent, Kitchen sink faucet leaks from handle, Fire place doesn't shut off, Toilet doesn't shut off and floods. Keystone doesn't offer a service dept. to help, their only response is to take it back to the dealer. Now we know why the dealer was backed up 4 months. Not how I planned to spend my retirement.
- Val, Texas

2021-01-02 2020 Keystone Montana 3121RL View Listings

Very well built, all the comforts of home, plenty of room, residential fridge, lots of storage inside and out. Fireplace, 2 large TV’s and entertainment system, reclining chairs with heat and massage, easy towing.
- Priscilla Butler, North Carolina

2021-01-02 2021 Keystone Montana Legacy 3121RL View Listings

This unit utilizes the space extremely well. We like the modern maple very much - in fact, everyone who has come inside says, "I love this" interior. The disk brakes stop the Montana so smoothly and effectively that we cannot tell it's there. We love all of the Legacy features.
- Carl Geis, Arizona

2021-01-02 2012 Keystone Montana 3100RL View Listings

This was our 2 nd Montana and the best upgrade was the hydraulic auto level sys. A few issues 1st year warranty promptly took care off. Never back to dealer until traded in last year for a 2019 model 3121rl. Three wk trip California and back,no issues. Only 2 items I replaced(myself) was ac unit(lost charge),and fireplace quit heating(ordered replacement element/fan module).from manufacture.l would mention we are not full timers and unit was stored under roof.
- Tom, Ohio

2021-01-01 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 373RD View Listings

I have a 2019 Montana High Country HM373RD. Purchased August 28 2019. This is my 3rd Fifth Wheel and my second Montana. My 2009 Montana was a pretty well built and I had few issues with it. I cannot believe the difference between 2009 and 2019. If I go a week or two with nothing falling apart I feel pretty fortunate. Unfortunately this is a rare occurrence. If I were keystone I would be ashamed to put out an inferior product like this and as I understand it a lot of their builders are Amish. So much for Amish craftsmanship. The first year of ownership this fifth wheel was in the shop or broke down waiting to go in the shop for more than 6 months. Listed below is all the things that had to be repaired. Items marked * I considered major and items marked ** were turned in but never repaired. Some items I just fixed myself. *The black tank would not dump. The sanitary drains were going up instead of down. The dealer had to shorten and replace the drain piping. *The refrigerator door does not work. You have to push it really hard every time you close it or it will give a warning beep that the door is not closed and the thermometer will give a false reading that the inside temp is warm. *The water line was not attached causing the basement to flood and the floor in the basement is bubbling from the water damage. **Personal items in the basement were damaged or destroyed due to flooding. -The trim and paneling next to the steps to the living room has came loose and appears to not be attached properly -The latch to the bedroom door was not aligned properly so the door will not stay closed. -The entrance door appears to be out of alignment as the handle is hard to pull and the screen door rubs on the threshold. This is much worse when the stabilizers are up. -There is a line of staples sticking up from one end to the other in the carpet in the dining area. I located more than 50 of them. **There are staples sticking out of the paneling behind the mattress at the head of the bed. Reported twice but never fixed. -The board holding the hydraulic cylinders to the bed storage fell off the second time I raised the bed storage. Fixed myself -The plastic trim piece at the skylight shade appears to have been damaged when they put the screws in. Too many holes. *A crack has appeared in the siding on the door side at the curve that forms the fifth wheel. Required body work. **The awning appears not to be aligned properly. When retracted it chatters and seems to be putting a strain on the motor. When retracted it is badly wrinkled as if it is wrapped crooked. I have had to use a ladder and realign this twice now. -The tile backsplash is pitted -Rear Basement-wire supports have failed and need to be replaced -Paneling next to living room stairs-Paneling keeps coming loose even after being repaired -Dining room slide and table-the slide is out of level-the table is more out of level-the refrigerator is even more out of level -Front basement-A wire is trapped between the carpeted divider and an aluminum stud. Eventually movement is going to wear the insulation from the wire. Could cause a fire. -Light on the front of the trailer next to battery door does not work. *Fiberglass laminate on the outside of the dining room slide has two large bubbles in it. Appears to be de-laminating. -Bedroom-The paneling on the right side of the bed is coming off. **Oven thermostat-The thermostat is not constant-Set on 375 one time and its 375 next time its 325 and at 350 it will not even heat. Is sometimes more than 50 degrees off setting. **Awning-after rolling the awning in and out several times it is so out of align it twists the support arms almost 180 degrees when rolled up. **Leveling system-If the RV is more than 1-1 1/2in. out of level the leveling system does not have enough power to push the trailer up to level. -Exterior trim, door side at the curve of the fifth wheel has come out of the track. *Two more bubbles have appeared in the side wall. Keystone has said this is cosmetic and will pay for it. Sent me a check for $1500 to just accept it. -Entry lock had to be replaced -Trim was falling off behind the couch -The screws holding the theater seating were barely attached and came came out causing the seating to detach and tip over during transport. Fixed myself The Trim above the dining slide came loose and was sticking out. Repaired myself. *And now the bed room slide has a really terrible leak. Fixed myself *Denotes items I consider to be major flaws *December 31 2020. Due to the strain on the awning motor listed above the motor has now failed and I cannot Retract the awning. Trying to contact Keystone as this was turned in for warranty and never fixed. Keystone sent me a check for $500 for all my down time.
- Stephen Gillenwater, Ohio

2020-12-28 2018 Keystone Montana 3730FL View Listings

Love the floor plan of this RV . So spacious. Abundance of cabinets and storage love the full size refrigerator. never had a problem with any. The fireplace in the living room makes it very cozy on cool evenings.
- LindA, Texas

2020-12-26 2017 Keystone Sprinter 293FWBHS View Listings

I purchase a 2017 Sprinter travel trailer that will stay in one spot. My only complaint is why one of my heater vent is under my recliner and a rug. How stupid is that? I think the camper would heat up faster without that blockage.
- Dennis Rae, Florida

2020-12-21 2020 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

In September 2020, I purchase a brand-new Keystone Montana 3720 5th wheel from Affinity RV in Prescott Arizona. The sales staff were very good and we agreed on a price. I was told that I could pickup the new RV in about 1 ½ weeks. I drove the 923 miles to Prescott from No. California. When I arrived, I was given the walk through and told that some parts were missing, that they would be ordered and then sent to me. I stayed the night at the dealership and noticed that the refrigerator would not cool, the cable tv switch did not work, ceiling fan did not work, and a couple of other minor issues. Lots of promises were made regarding parts and service. These all turned out to be lies. After returning home with the new unit, I attempted to contact Affinity to determine the status of my replacement parts. Calls went mostly unanswered. I left messages with never a returned call from service. I contacted my salesman numerous times, which usually resulted with a phone call from service with more lies about delays from the manufacturer (Keystone). I called keystone and they said that the parts had shipped and were delivered that day. I called back a week later and was told that the only way to get the parts to me was to remover and send my original parts to them and that I would have to pay to ship the replacements parts to me. I called Keystone again and complained. Then I received a call from Affinity Service telling me that they would send me the missing parts but not the replacement parts? I could come to Affinity, 925 miles one way, and the parts would be installed. I called and complained to my salesman again and then I received a call back from Chris in service telling me to sent in my parts and after receiving them they would send me the placement parts at my expense. I sent my parts to affinity around the 10th of November. They received them four days later. I included my mailing information, phone number, and instructions to call me for credit card information for the shipping. No response. I called a week later left a message. No Response! I contacted the salesman again, then received a call from Chris, saying that the parts would be taken to the parts department, they would contact me for credit card info. After one week, I called Affinity again, left a message, NO RESPONSE!!! I called parts a few days later. They said that did not have any information regarding any parts and that Chris was the only one that knew anything about it and he was off sick with Covid-19. I called a few more time and left messages, NO RESPONSE!!!!!, I left an email for the Sales Manager, detailing my frustration. I received a call the next morning. I was told that Chris was still of sick and that he was going to find out what was going on and that someone would call me. NO RESPONSE!!!. Today I called Affinity again, tried parts, message machine, called back, tried service, message machine, called back tried parts again, human answered, told that they would call me back. Guess what? NO RESPONSE!!!! I don’t know what to do?? Any Help would be appreciated. Thank You. David Van Denover
- davidvd2763, South Dakota

2020-12-21 2005 Keystone Cougar 281EFS View Listings

I want to let everyone know about the cheap quality of most of the materials used to build, the craftsmanship looks like a 10 year old did it and did not care about anything from squareness to clean-up in the vents to cutting holes for plumbing, so many things about the workmanship, it would be pages.Super disappointed and would bet the cheap Chinese would do better, just take a good look at all angles before you lay down hard earned money for this 3rd string rig!
- fayspainting, New Mexico

2020-12-18 2020 Keystone Springdale 302FWRK View Listings

Nice camper, love the layout. Pulls easily and would say quality is on par with others. Biggest complaint is warranty. Used this camper 1 time and when picking up camp and getting ready to leave, I noticed the siding above the hot water heater was tarnished. Upon inspection found the heat deflector shield behind the door was not installed properly and was allowing the heat to go straight up and out the lip of the door instead of out the door vent. Dealer repaired the vent but Keystone denied fixing the paint because it had a bug screen installed. What a joke, let’s find any reason to screw the customer.
- David Bass, Arkansas

2020-12-16 2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30RLS View Listings

I had just gotten a job to move from Oklahoma to Florida when there was an RV show in town and we went there and bought a 30 foot keystone outback Sydney fifth wheel. It towed great through a near hurricane all the way to Tampa and we lived it it for three months very comfortably until we found a permanent house to purchase. A few months later I went out to make my monthly check on the fifth wheel in storage and discovered the rubber roof had shrunk leaving a gap all the way around The edge of the roof except for the front clip. Keystone and the roof manufacture said it was rat damage but nothing else in the storage area had that problem and how did Rich get of the roof when there was nothing within 30 feet. My insurance company graciously I said that it was storm damage and paid out $9000 to replace the roof. Later that year we took it back to Oklahoma to visit and a 15 foot section of the side fiberglass came off on the highway in Louisiana on the interstate. My insurance company paid $6000 repair it. We took it on a 200 mile trip to go sightseeing with no problems, then a three day trip to South Florida with no problems It sat for another two years and as we were getting ready to take another long trip we discovered the rubber roof had leaked again and destroyed the floor from front to back where it was spongy. The insurance company refused to pay for a second new roof. It was less than a year old when Keystone and the roof manufacture both refused to fix it calling it rat damage. I will never buy another Keystone product. I now have an all secondhand 2002 motorhome.
- Albert Clark, Florida

2020-12-16 2016 Keystone Montana Legacy 3000RE View Listings

We lived out camper, I liked the high ceilings and the pantry and the king bed as well as the gas cooking. The all season made it dry and warm in the cold winter in Va. I liked the storage and washer and dryer. I did. It like the steps, in entry for full time living, they wobbled. I didn’t like the steps into the bedroom since they were curved and not straight causing my fall. I desired more room on bedside. The side box window blind coverings in all campers are dated and ugly. Much more prefer an straight down rolls down shade over rippled which do not hold up. All bath/kit fixtures need to be closer to residential and heavier
- Sheryl thomas, South Carolina

2020-12-10 2021 Keystone Hideout 300RLDS View Listings

We fell in love with the floor plan. Two bedrooms with queen beds. Also two more places that lay down to beds for four more to sleep. One and a half bath. sliding glass door! I still love the lay out. The quality, the customer service from the dealer and the manufacturer are extremely frustrating and disappointing. 2021 model purchased August 2020. The Dealer says they are months out so we didn’t bring it in and hired a mobile guy paying out of pocket. The main bathroom ALL connections under sink have leaked. The shower leaked. Now the toilet is leaking. All paid out of pocket to fix. We were told incorrectly about the half bath during our walk around and NO blueprints/ diagram for our model. The sink runs into the black! Not the grey over flowing! THANKFULLY only once and tiny amount! Our detective work figured out where all our stuff runs. The dealer said “ I don’t know” when we called and it was the guy that did the walk around! The kitchen sink facet broke the first time out. We bought a new one AGAIN out of pocket. The whole until is covered with metal shavings. Blobs of glue in carpet. huge crack at bottom of vanity, Warped wood were electric fireplace is. We had to reseal both sinks and shower. The leaking issue is really the biggest thing. We have a regulator for when in city water. The forced air when on heat, makes a loud popping noise and of course it’s in the room we sleep in. It’s brand new we shouldn’t have these issues. We already know we will not buy another Keystone product.
- Brandie Maryanski, Oregon

2020-12-02 2018 Keystone Montana High Country 378RD View Listings

We loved the floorplan of the 378RD and though we were getting Keystone's Premium Camper. This Montana High Country 378RD is our third fifth wheel camper and it has been a nightmare from the start. May 2018 first trip out water heater not working, busted shower hose, molding in bathroom coming loose, backsplash behind stove coming loose, wall panel behind theater seats loose, used 30 lbs. LP in one weekend. Had LP leak repaired. Every time we used it something else went wrong. self leveling system quit on third trip. top frame of three slides the wood trim came off. May of 2020 pull out of shed to clean and use. found something pushing up through the rubber roof on curb side of roof in 6 places about a 20 foot long area. All four slide roofs bubbling up in the center. top LED accent light gone, came out of the glue and blew away. Contacted Keystone and had to fight with them about the roof issues. the agreed to patch the side roofs and put drip pans under the slide motors to stop the grease from dripping on the roofs. sloppy way to repair, Keystone denied any help on main roof. their warranty expert advised customer damage to roof and even the dealer that filed the claim advised them the metal protection plate was not installed on top of the wall to keep the nails from coming up through the rubber roof. they still denied. I have never seen a manufacturer screw a customer the way Keystone did. Will never by another Keystone RV. This is Keystone's Premium RV, what a joke.
- Kenny Smith, Mississippi

2020-11-30 2005 Keystone Cougar 244RLS View Listings

Excellent small (26') RV for a couple or single person, rear living floor plan gives room and good view of TV. Slide is deep 40" and 6' wide, great for the dining area. Light weight pulls easily, could use a half ton to pull it.
- Duntrukin, California

2020-11-27 2018 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

What a mistake! We bought this new after our house burned in a wildfire. We loved the floorplan, the ability to have a king size bed and a large shower.That's where the love stops. Within days the trim started falling off, cabinet doors fell off. The washer/dryer unit would not dry clothes. A few months later the microwave shorted out and the recliners sometimes worked sometimes they didn't. The bathroom door broke and wouldn't open or close easily so we took it off. The door was so heavy that the hardware couldn't hold it. When we moved it water poured out from under the kitchen. We don't want it, we can't sell it and we are thousands of dollars in the hole. I would NEVER recommend this product to anyone.
- Christine Taylor, California

2020-11-21 2011 Keystone Montana Hickory 2955RL View Listings

It was just me in the camper. I purchased after death of spouse in an antisipated move to Texas. It is very clean and I had no problem towing across country. Since I have been the owner , it has been covered when not in use. .
- Sharon Doran, Texas

2020-11-18 2012 Keystone Montana High Country 313RE View Listings

We love our 2012 Montana High Country. It’s lightweight, aluminum construction is excellent. This Montana is a four season RV. With the extra options, washer dryer combo, window awnings and large living room, this 5th wheel is very comfortable. This is a high end 5th wheel with real walnut wood and wonderful details. Highly Recommend it.
- Jodi C, Massachusetts