Keystone 5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2021-07-25 2019 Keystone Alpine 3800FK View Listings

We purchased in 2019. Within a couple of months we had a list of sloppy manufacturing finishing items. Such has unfinished carpet in the bedroom, several holes in the wall due to reinstalling of window treatments, door trim problems in bathroom, shade in front kitchen window not fitting into grooves, big spaces in ceiling trim . All these and more were just very sloppy finishing items. Where is the quality control?? After 1 year the flooring in kitchen ha bubbled up. Our side couches are peeling where no one has even sat… it’s just my husband and I and we sit in the recliners. His side has peeled terribly where his head rests. I am so dissatisfied, and disappointed in the cheapness of this model. The trim in the bathroom is peeling … it is not paint. There is so much more and just after two years! We had a 2012 Montana before and it was much better quality all around. Big mistake buying this top of the line, and receiving way less ! Also so disappointed in the customer service at Keystone. Did not get much help trying to solve these problems. I sent pictures, asked to talk to someone in management and was refused. 2 years and the problems continue…. FED UP. Will not buy another Keystone product.
- Christie Hill, California

2021-07-25 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 362RD View Listings

We bought our Montana in February and hauled it to California for work reasons and have had nothing but problems with our RV everything about the inside of this camper is made like a pile of shit I have never seen such horseshit crasftsmanship. Keystone truly doesn’t not give a flying fuck about there quality or reputation. Will not be buying from them ever again.
- Tyler carlson, Minnesota

2021-07-21 2020 Keystone Montana 3740FK View Listings

We purchased the 5th wheel August 2020. Everytime we take a trip something breaks. The first problem was the fireplace didn't work. The front door and screen door was not level and was replaced. Table top was loose and had to replaced. Black tank flush spray did not work. There was a leak from hose under bathroom sink. Ceiling fan was making clicking noise. Loveseat beds were missing bolts and nuts in the legs. In January the wall between the sink and the fridge came loose and was letting in cold air. When we returned from Texas in March we turn the 5th wheel in because the kitchen slide would not work. There was a broken board in the wall. The cap had to be removed to fix this manufacture breakage. The dealership had it from March 22 thru May 24. We picked it up and had a trip to New Mexico where the sound stopped working on th TV set. We returned and TV was ordered on June 1st. We went camping for 5 days in June. We returned on June 18th and dropped off to have TV replaced. Told dealership the kitchen slide was very slow and loud when pulling in or out. A bulge has been discovered and dealership has been working with warranty for over a month. I am very disappointed with this 5th wheel.
- Carol or James Adams, Kansas

2021-07-11 2017 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RLI View Listings

Don’t buy a cougar! Roof has leaked since I’ve owned it! Couldn’t never get anything done about it from keystone or bob hurley! Absolute worst dealer!! Again I bought it new!! Again don’t buy a keystone and not from bob Hurley!!!!
- D Cluck, Oklahoma

2021-07-09 2017 Keystone Montana 3820FK View Listings

Keystone installed the 2 air conditioners incorrectly which caused extensive damage and they don’t want to pay for the damage. DO NOT BUY A KEYSTONE..RUN. Their products are junk and do not stand up at all and they do not care that they sell you garbage
- Audrey Dubay, Washington

2021-07-09 2019 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

This has been the best RV I have owned. Tires had to be replaced to Goodyear Endurance. A/C 2 keep it cool in the Summer, King-size bed wife likes, have large TV in bedroom, one 50 in. In living room and one swing out TV for outside viewing. 2 large awnings provide dry outside in light rains. Tanks are large for Dry camping. Lots of lighting inside and out, rear view camera makes backing up and driving view great when you want to make a Lane change. Pantry for supplies and lots of storage. New Air shower head and large seat in shower make it easy to take a shower.
- Thomson Gallagher, Florida

2021-07-07 2020 Keystone Montana High Country 375FL View Listings

Very nice unit, and we are very happy with it. I do have a few comments, and recommendations. Exterior appearance is very nice, frameless windows would give a more streamlined appearance. Interior appearance is also very appealing. Light cabinets, and tasteful accents Some minor quality issues – • Free standing dinette o One chair leg was cracked o Table support post was cracked, where it attaches to tabletop. This looks as though it came from the factory this way, as it was glued and screwed back together. (Screws fell out, which is how we found this issue.) o These issues could have happened during transport to dealer, as chair’s and bar stools where not tied down. • One of the sofa’s was not attached and could slide forward. The L bracket that was used to attach it was installed backwards, not allowing enough screw engagement. Other sofa was the same way. • Sofa’s are pull out trifold sleepers. When pulled out, each section has different foam density, with the middle section being very soft. No way an adult could sleep on them. It cuts into your back. Totally unacceptable, considering sitting and sleeping are its primary functions. • Kitchen faucet was plumbed backwards, Hot and Cold swapped. • Ice maker in Samsung residential refrigerator, has two shut-off valves? One under the sink, and One was hidden behind a panel that needed screws removed to access. No documentation in manual to indicate its location. • Loft area had a couple of trim staples sticking out. Small kids could have been hurt on this. • Living area floor, would bellow up from the floor when the Furnace blower was on. On investigation, we found the vinyl flooring was not trimmed fully under the vent, and not taped or sealed by the duct. • Drawer latches in kitchen where not well aligned. I realigned and adjusted so they function properly. • Not all switches in control panel are labeled. Adding labels would be helpful. • Radio would not receive any stations. Found a bad cable adapter between radio and coax. Even when I replaced it, radio reception is horrible with the built-in antenna. I replaced it with a simple dipole, which now allows us to use the radio. • TV reception is horrible with the built-in omnidirectional antenna. • Vacuum hose provided with the central vac, would not reach the whole coach. A 30’ hose would work, if the main unit were located at the center. A replacement 40’ fixed the problem • Black water storage tank. 39 gal is not adequate for this size unit. Other mfg provide at least a 55 gal storage. • Black water tank above ¾ filled, starts to leak. Not Good. Dealer is handling this next month. Late Dec 2020 black water tank was replaced. Now July and so far so good! Like so others have said, if your not handy you will spend a lot of time at the dealers! Keep this in mind.
- Gerry G, Massachusetts

2021-07-05 2019 Keystone Montana 3120RL View Listings

Spacious with 3 pop outs but only 35 ft long so you can fit into almost any park. Easy to pull yet has all the convenient options. Very nice Plenty of storage space underneath and hookups are all together. Auto leveling for easy hookup and drop off.
- Nate, Florida

2021-07-05 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.
- Atul Singh, Alabama

2021-07-04 2019 Keystone Alpine 3650RL View Listings

Love the storage for fulltime living. The floorplan is great as we like the bedroom entryway on the back side rather than with you walk in, feels more private. Warranty work leaves much to be desired as far as the quality work from the approved dealers. Had a tear in the flooring and the repair from a desler in Austin, TX was embarrassing. We paid out of pocket to have the flooring repaired properly. This isn't a Keystone thing but having a customer complete a survey after repairs would provide oversight to dealers that take advantage of warranty work. Features I like are the InCommand system. Adds alot of convenience to owners, convection microwave, heat pump and fireplace. One issue with sales was we were told wifi ready but no wifi found in trailer.
- Dorothy Green, California

2021-07-02 2020 Keystone Montana High Country 365BH View Listings

Poor workman ship, in every aspect. Every sink leaked with a pressure regulator installed, interior trim is falling apart, stove handle fell off in the first six months. Going to get rid of this and go to a different manufacturer. And their dealer suck for quality maintenance. Waited 7 months for parts and when they installed the "J" panel they cut it 3 inches short so now it's been 9 months and I still don't know when the new part is coming in. If you buy a Montana product expect headachs
- David Williams, South Carolina

2021-06-26 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 331RL View Listings

Love this RV! Safe, comfortable, with lots of storage. Glamping at its finest that the whole family loves. My favorite part is the kitchen island, spacious stand up shower, and cozy fireplace at makes you feel like home. Highly recommend this model.
- Alvarez Jennifer, Illinois

2021-06-20 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

My husband and I bought this in June of 2020 and has nothing but issues with it. We’ve had a tone of warranty issues. One of our biggest complaints is that there is no heat in the back. They checked it out and found the HVAC tubing was smashed and it was replaced but still no heat. Fresh water tank had no censor in it they installed then fresh water tank seal broke, blinds are only on a snap in place not screwed in, motor for the 50 amp plug stopped working, and now for some reason we have a water leak that filled up one of our light fixtures. We have contacted Keystone personally about the heat. They measure the heat and there should be a couple of degrees different well we had ours tested, first off it took 5 hours for the unit to get warm second they test was at least 4 to 6 degrees different but the furnace was constantly running. We had bought this a year ago and our 5th wheel has spent more time at Camping World for warranty issues than we have been able to use it. We are not getting the support from either place on fixing the heat issue and now we have a leak in the roof and this until is only a year old. My husband and I have waited for five years to purchase a 5th wheel and done our research however, I feel that we have received the run around on a unit that we spent 87k on this included having a generator installed and bought the 7 year extended warranty. We are very disappointed that neither Keystone or the dealership doesn’t take pride in helping their customers and to make things right. The heat still isn’t right and now we have leak in the roof!!! With this kind of money they should have a better quality than what it is. I have a feeling that we’re going to be out of a lot of money do to poor building or the unit and poor tech service. Maybe it’s time to contact an attorney!
- Tammie Pierce, Colorado

2021-06-14 2016 Keystone Sprinter Wide Body 269FWRLS View Listings

This RV has always treated me well. I hate to get rid of it but I cant use two. I just hope the new one treats me as well. It was super easy to pull with my 3/4 ton truck. The wide body was fantastic with all the extra room.
- Dave Balvin, Iowa

2021-06-14 2019 Keystone Montana 3120RL View Listings

This is our second Montana. The first was a 2005 5th wheel. It was excellent. Decided to get a new one in 2019 and get ready for retirement. Our 2019 3120RL has been a real headache. Overall manufacturing quality is very poor. Unpainted corners on kitchen island and bathroom medicine cabinet, large pieces of extra material on window coverings, cabinet doors needing longer screws so they don’t fall off the hinges, rusty screws in shower door slide, have to vacuum saw dust up from floors and counter tops after each trip (front storage compartment too). We had to replace flooring in the living area and bedroom because of damage from slides (and it returned after being fixed), replaced a 50 amp fuse while traveling across country, had to replace the batteries (shot), fixed several dents and scraps from manufacturing. Waiting for Keystone to approve warranty repairs took months. The rubber around the slides leaves black marks every time we open them up (tired of cleaning that). The waste hose holder didn’t last - lid wouldn’t stay shut (new waste hose). Overall quality of materials is much lower than our older Montana. I worked in manufacturing for 40 years and understand the need to reduce costs every step of the way, but never to sacrifice quality. Keystone failed to do that. We are not happy campers. Especially after the cost to purchase.
- Kelly Sutton, Idaho

2021-06-12 2015 Keystone Montana 3402RL View Listings

This coach has met or exceeded our expectations. The layout works well for us and we find it very comfortable. As long as you pay attention to the regular maintenance and follow those requirements it will serve you well.
- Paul Staffieri, Oregon

2021-06-11 2017 Keystone Montana 3730FL View Listings

We used the RV when on the road working. It was like a small apartment had everything we needed. We loved the front living room since we found the upper bedroom was to hot for our sleeping likes. We would still be living in the rv if we had not moved to Washington to work and live with our daughter. We had the washer dryer installed for convienence. It washes small loads but I really didnt want to go to laundry mats.
- Virginia Offield, Washington

2021-06-09 2019 Keystone Avalanche 301RE View Listings

Pin hole in roof the rotted out corner of roof, out of warranty by two months. AC unit caught fire after 1 yr. slide roof torn because it wasn’t adjusted properly. Sliding door to bathroom fell off, fridge wouldn’t cool because of poor adjustment on door, stainless steel sink rusted around drain. Slides and levelers stopped working leaving me stuck with unit on truck. Very frustrating experience and one I will never do again. Next time I’ll by used. I’ve also had many small problems like moldings falling off and screws falling out but they were easy to repair.
- Douglas Gill, Florida

2021-06-09 2020 Keystone Raptor 356 View Listings

This was the first RV we have ever owned; what is the saying "Go big or go home?" Well we went big and did not regret our decision one bit. We are avid motorcycle riders and like to camp as well. So, we decided to get a 5th wheel toy hauler so we could combine both hobbies. We already had the truck to pull it, so just needed to find the right 5th wheel. We did our research, went to multiple dealerships, RV shows and finally decided on the 2020 Keystone Raptor. The model 356 is not the biggest Raptor out there, but it was the perfect size for us. It had all the amenities and creature comfort one could want. Our rig was not lacking for much if anything (it did not have a solar panel, but was prewired for it). We have traveled from the East Coast to the far side of Texas with it and did not have any issues with it. We have been to Western North Carolina with it and experienced no problems. The 11' garage had plenty of room for our H-D Tri-Glide (1,200 lb Trike). Once it was latched down to the floor, the Trike did not move. We still had enough room for other items. This Raptor can sleep up to 7-9 individuals, but it would be crowded in the main area. That is why we were glad to have the ability to change the garage into another room. Then there is the ramp that turns into a patio deck. Having the extra bathroom was a benefit as well. As for the warranty provided by Keystone, it was no problem getting work performed on it. On the first trip, we lost the "boomerang TV antenna" on the way home. Took it to the dealership and the warranty took care of it. The wife and I could not be more happy with this 5th Wheel Toy Hauler. Would suggest this to our friends.
- Dave W Garvey, North Carolina

2021-06-07 2013 Keystone Montana High Country 318RE View Listings

This has a great floor plan. The main living area is open, roomy and feels airy with the high ceiling. When the slides are closed, access is easy to the refrigerator, numerous storage area, upstairs, commode, bath and shower area. There is abundant storage areas including a huge "basement" space.
- Ruth Wojck, Arizona

2021-06-05 2019 Keystone Cougar 367FLS View Listings

First ad foremost, I would never buy another Keystone product again. Started having problems with the new double door Dometic fridge from day 1. It was loud. Loud enough to eep you awake at night. When Camping World couldn't fix the issue, Thats was it. Tried calling Customer service and al I got was week upon week of "Fluff talk". Camping World ever even took out a repair order on it. Thank God I have proof they worked on it. The issue has never been resolved. They talk you right through until your warranty is up, then it's "Talk to Dometic". ALSO, the floors are very flimsy. After the second year it becomes even more noticeable. Its not just mine neither. Our friend has a 2019 Travel trailer and his floors are terrible. I compare Keystone to the cheapest of the cheapest junk you can buy. I Wouldn't even try and sell this piece of $45,000 junk. I'll try and trade it in at some point at any place other the Camping World.
- DENNIS CANARIO, Rhode Island

2021-06-05 2006 Keystone Montana 3791RD View Listings

Love our 5th wheel - only issue so far we could not deal with ourselves was the a/c had to be replaced but warranty covered. Also own 2021 Thor Toy Hauler Motorhome - 6 months now. Love the set up but so many problems!
- Michael Moore, Georgia

2021-06-02 2018 Keystone Cougar 369BHS View Listings

Love how roomy this RV is. Love all the storage, every room has lots of storage. Love the auto leveling system. Love the outdoor kitchen!! So many nice perks!! You could easily live in this camper full time.
- Amy Cole, Michigan

2021-06-01 2004 Keystone Laredo 25RL View Listings

Buying this little 5th wheel was the best thing we ever did. We've had so much fun with it. It is small enough to get it into small places, up mountains and even the side of your house...but big enough to give you plenty of space to pack your things, cook your meals and sleep in your own bed comfortably. The quality of materials is better than most new RV's but not so heavy that you need a real big truck to pull it. The floorplan is exactly the same as new models. We've kept it clean, no strange smells. The gray and black tanks are clean. It has two Fantastic Fans with auto closing when it rains. The air conditioner and furnace work perfectly as does the fridge and stove. Newer house battery and tires mean you can go camping right away. We Love this 5th wheel trailer...we just got old.
- Larry Palmer, California