Keystone 5th Wheel Reviews on RV Insider (667)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Keystone 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kurt Jankowski from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Keystone Montana 3720RL View Listings

We've had many Keystone fifth wheels when to the camper show last night in Novi Michigan the new Montana fifth wheels are junk the quality of the cupboards and wood work is really poor quality I will keep my 2014 Big Sky was going to get a new Montana. I like the new floor plans but the quality is very cheap the furniture is cheap The faucets they put in the kitchen and bathroom are very cheap I don't know why they did this to a Montana but my 2005 Mountaineer fifth wheel we had was a better quality Better Built fifth wheel then the new Montana's today the TVs and electronics are all poor quality I have no idea why Keystone is doing this the back of the fifth wheel is not a full fiberglass piece no more the appliances they are using are the cheapest on the market Montana is supposed to be a higher-end 5th wheel a lot of people don't know how they used to be.
- Kurt Jankowski, Michigan

2021-04-06 2021 Keystone Montana Legacy 3781RL View Listings

Just brought home our 2021 Montana 3781RL for the 2nd time, first time hydraulic pump quit, did a real close inspection of unit found mutable manufacturing issues , wires so tight they put tension on the connectors, battery cable so short you can’t secure the battery box “the screws are laying in the bottom of compartment”, rear outside wall pulling away from side walls, can’t turn off propane Acc. Coupling because of positioning of shout off valve, left rear slide-out not pulling in tight “has been adjusted”, hydraulic pump quit working 1st use “has been replaced”, All Be for I even got to use it, I paid over $80,000. For this trailer plus extended warranty and dealer cost $90,000. and expected a much better Quality Control for a ‘Top of the line trailer” Plus there is the Issue of $3,000. Dealer transportation charge for a 400mi 7hr trip = $750mi or $375hr.
- Louis Becht, New York

2021-04-03 2021 Keystone Hideout 300RLDS View Listings

2021 Keystone 26BHWE....We bought this trailer brand new. It has been one thing after another. My breaking point with this trailer came after the jacks were less than half extended, broke! Manufacturer said it was our fault. Refuses to replace at their expense even if we do the work. We have lived in a trailer for almost 10 yrs. Saved to pay cash for a new one, with the winter pack and automatic jacks. I have several pics of the missing bolts, popped jack, jack motor falling out, etc. We usually move often and live in the middle of nowhere in NV. (Husband works at the gold mines). It is not easy to get the trailer to a dealer. We went back to the one where we bought it. They have tried to help us and KEYSTONE told them the same thing. There has got to be some recourse for crappy workmanship. I am embarrassed for them! Maybe an attorney or BBB. So Frustrated! We are not young anymore...want my old 2004 Terry Trailer back. It kicked butt over this new piece of junk!
- ShaMe' Belew, Nevada

2021-03-29 2016 Keystone Montana High Country 310RE View Listings

This model has been perfect for us! The upgrades we made allowed us to boondock a lot when traveling. The lithium batteries, solar and Victron converter were definitely worth the $$! We became pros at monitoring our battery usage and could easily stay off grid. We also loved the composting toilet! No dealing with black tanks or worrying when it was full. We loved being able to choose...do we want to be cramped into an RV parking lot, or do we want to park more remotely and be surrounded by nature! We stayed in our share of RV campgrounds, some great, some not so great, but we loved the option of not being forced to do so. The opposing slides give ample living space and the rear entertainment option adds so much more storage than rear living which is what we originally wanted. Also, at under 36 feet in length, we're able to get this rig into smaller and more compact parks. Another great feature is being able to access the bathroom, fridge and bed with all slides in. This was great when on the road - especially being able to use our own bathroom. Plus we'd pack lunches, pull over in a park and be able to retrieve our lunch. The only thing we would change, is the bathroom door is close to the stairs but we got used to it. There's only so much space in a rig under 36' long. Overall, if given the option, we'd make the same purchase again. We have been very happy with this rig! Re: factory warranty
- Teri, Florida

2021-03-29 2020 Keystone Cougar 315RLS View Listings

I am having issues with Keystone RV following through on warranty issues. They keep dragging their feet on addressing issues. I have contacted their customer support and they take their time on responding, then drag out any assistance.
- David Boggs, Virginia

2021-03-25 2017 Keystone Montana 3160RL View Listings

Great RV for any family. Easy towing, perfect size for camp spots , mechanically sound, with it being four seasons stays cool in summer and warm in the winter without running your units to death. Would recommend to family and friends.
- TA, Georgia

2021-03-23 2016 Keystone Cougar 330RBK View Listings

We love this RV it has been great no problems to name love the bunkhouse and layout of living space and bedroom I pull it with Ram 2500 heavy duty with no problems like it's not even there we would definitely buy another Keystone
- Donnie Nation, Georgia

2021-03-21 2014 Keystone Cougar High Country 327RES View Listings

The RV is quite comfortable enough We have spent up to 30 days at one stay and found plenty of space Tows well and setup is easy The new furniture makes living luxurious We have an annual maintenance program we execute faithfully to avoid problematic issues
- Bill Carey, Florida

2021-03-09 2020 Keystone Montana 3931FB View Listings

BIG REGRET! The floor plan and layout was the main reason I initially decided to upgrade to this camper. Within the first 3 months after I pulled it brand new off the lot, I had a hydraulic fluid leak, and this was the first of MANY issues. Within the first year, I had a j-panel come completely loose, the lighting on the front end cap came loose, a cabinet crack during a long haul across country. An awning came off track with no exposure to any wind gusts. The trim came loose in several locations. A hose under the kitchen sink leaks. There's a water leak into the basement. And the kicker was the furnace quit working during the coldest day of the year and since the heat pump works in sync with the furnace, I had not significant heat source to keep warm. For something that's supposedly made to haul across country and rated for year round living, the price is not worth the shoddy quality of manufacturing.
- Monica Manning, Tennessee

2021-03-09 2015 Keystone Montana 3582RL View Listings

This 5th wheel has a very livable floorplan with a ton of storage. Ideal for extended stay or shorter trips. The living area is so generous that workouts can be done indoors. The refrigerator is NOT on a slide out, but is located such that one can access it when traveling without opening a slide out. Also, has a desk for a laptop or to plan your travels. King bed is awesome.
- Dennis Batdorff, Ohio

2021-03-06 2021 Keystone Hideout 300RLDS View Listings

Blue Dog RV Post Falls ID, sold us this unit last week(2021 Hideout) Microwave doesn't work, awning wont extend on both sides, coax will not work for my Dish, Blue Dog will not respond to us, moved RV to WA state, Apache RV will not work on our trailer stating because we didn't buy it from them. Maybe u need to spend some time auditing the places selling your products, this is unacceptable. Y'all sure cashed the check fast enough!!!!
- Vicki Perry, Idaho

2021-03-03 2020 Keystone Alpine 3700FL View Listings

I traded a Carbon I had for six years with a multitude of issues for the 2020 Alpine. The dealer said it was top of the line and wouldn't have any issues. A month in the Suburban tankless water heater went out. Dealer replaced the entire unit in about a week. Three months later the Suburban (IW 60) went again with the same symptoms. Dealer replaced once again with an entire unit. November 2020 same symptoms unit would turn on run and then turn off. The dealer sent me another unit I paid to have it installed but was late December before I received it. Suburban (IW60) failed again in February 2021. I'm taking the RV back to the dealer for hopefully a final solution. I had two tires blow out six months in and that caused 9 k in damage. I replaced all four tires. If you purchase an Alpine I hope you have better luck but tell them you do not want a Suburban tankless water heater.
- Randy Myers, Texas

2021-03-02 2021 Keystone Montana Legacy 3781RL View Listings

The 3781 RL is very spacious with tons of room to move around. The lighter colors in the newer models really brighten it up on the inside. With solid wood cabinets and drawers - all with soft close it really is a lot of value for the money. The Legacy package adds disc brakes, 7k axles, electric cord reel, tank heaters, Gen prep, solar prep many of these features simply aren't offered on a coach in this price range. With residential GE fridge and a convection microwave standard, it could easily be a full time coach. Dual sinks in the bath, dual slide out trash cans in the kitchen, clothes hamper in the bedroom, east/west bed, 4 slides and a huge basement make this one of the best coaches on the market. There's no wonder Montana is the #1 selling luxury 5th wheel of all time!
- David, North Carolina

2021-02-28 2016 Keystone Sprinter 298FWRLS View Listings

We loved this RV, the space and storage inside and out are incredible. We loved the outdoor shower for muddy dogs from hiking. The inside has privacy with front bedroom when camping with other people.The full size fridge and island made cooking easy. We loved the recliners, and thought of the fireplace as an extra we didn't need, but used it all the time! It tows and sets up easily. Great camper!
- Cheri, Pennsylvania

2021-02-25 2017 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 268RLSWE View Listings

I bought this 2017 5th wheel in 2019 from first owner who had only used it on 2 short trips. Since I’ve owned it in the last 22 months I’ve taken it on 5 short trips. Here are the issues I’ve had: Kitchen window mounted too far off center from cutout and not sealed well causing leaks with light rain. Toilet pipe plugging before/at tank. (Fighting this since purchase). Toilet bowl water “Belches” upon flushing as if black water tank is not vented or vent is plugged. Can’t determine/find a vent on roof corresponding to tank. All 4 vertical slide out wiper seals - 2 inside, 2 outside are tearing at the lower ends. Exterior trim molding buckling and coming apart. Solara awning fabric disintegrating and 6” tear at one end. Propane tank strap broke. Rear bumper slide out rack has bent and won’t slide back in. Travel Latch to hold open tri slide shower door broke. I’m not new to RVing. I take care of my equipment and don’t abuse it. This is without a doubt the worst engineered and manufactured RV I’ve ever owned. Keystone should be ashamed of producing it. Has anyone else had ANY of these problems?
- Tom, California

2021-02-16 2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

So far we are very happy with our RV the only exception is the tri-fold couch and the heating system. As far as a couch it is ok. As far as a fold out bed it is horrible unless you have little kids to sleep on it. The biggest issue is that when you fold down the back to make the platform it is not level. The frames attached to the sides of the couch are installed on a slope. Not sure why they did it this way or if we just got a bad one. And the overall quality of the couch is poor. Also the way in which they secured the couch into the camper was to drive two screws down through the back and into the floor. I think they could have put a proper bracing system in. As for the heating system the furnace only blows hot air into the living room/kitchen area. There are floor vents but appear to be returns. So it does pull warm air into the bedroom but I would have expected a supply in the bedroom as well. For these reasons i gave 3 stars for overall quality.
- Rob Stockwell, Massachusetts

2021-02-14 2019 Keystone Montana High Country 305RL View Listings

We purchased our 2019 Montana High Country at the end of 2019. We previously had a travel trailer but had chosen to upgrade to a larger camper. We liked the layout, set up and roominess of our camper. With the camper, we purchased a Pullrite hitch designed for shorter bed trucks. Just off the lot, it was obvious that the hitch wasn't properly set up and adjusted due to the amount of chunking we experienced on the ride home (a relatively simple fix if the unit had been test driven-Camping World). The longer we owned the camper, the more issues we found with construction and set up. The first obvious discrepancy was the auto level which was out of level by nearly 8 inches. A camper that is not level will have issues with slides going in and out and refrigerator doors closing properly. After resolving the hitch adjustment and auto level issues, our next issue was the auto recliners not being properly fastened to the subfloor. After fastening down the recliners with the proper number of fasteners to the subfloor, our next issue was a leak in the main air-conditioning unit as well as leaks through the air-conditioning unit during heavy rains. This was a large inconvenience for guests who slept on the foldout bed. The foldout bed when extended does not sit in a level manner resulting in guests having to sleep with their feet against the back of the couch. The next issue we had with our camper was with the slide cable system. We have 3 slides all of which had cables that were improperly adjusted. The largest slide had cables so tight that the motor was working against the cables in both directions. The kitchen slide cables were loose and canted resulting in improper operation as well. We are still contending with a refrigerator door system that does not close securely each and every time resulting in rising temperatures. We have dealt with accessories which are poorly assembled and put together. We have reassembled each and every window blind in the camper as well as re-sewed comforters due to improper stitching and assembly. Each time we arrive at our destination, there is sawdust on the sinks and floors due to improper cleanup of the HVAC ducting at the factory. Understanding that things loosen during travel time, we have had leaks under the kitchen sink due to improperly tightened sink drain plumbing joints. The table chairs had joints which were only pressed together with no glue applied to the joints requiring additional work to reassemble the chairs. The Montana High Country is not for the faint of heart. Be prepared to either do a lot of maintenance and repairs as an owner or not have your fifth wheel when you want it because it is still in the shop for miscellaneous repairs.
- Dan Kreiley, North Carolina

2021-02-12 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 30RLS View Listings

6 months after purchased, auto leveling went out. Called authorized dealer They removed part for warranty Called this month, Feb, to bring RV to them to replace. Cost just under $400 Part only warranty, trip and repair labor not covered ( we had purchased the lifetime warranty when purchased unit) 4 door fridge opens during travel when loaded, place for locks, not given to us by dealer Bottom drawer latch under fridge not closing, was open when closing dinette slide, broke drawer Outlet in dinette not secure Molding on sofa slide coming off Something scratching making marks on flooring when sliding sofa slide in and out Fridge blowing fuses when on electric Can’t make dvd/cd player work Won’t be a year old til May 2021 Very disappointed in quality
- Janice, Georgia

2021-02-10 2020 Keystone Cougar 27SGS View Listings

We went with the 27sgs 5th wheel because we really liked the look and floor plan (especially the full shower and storage in bathroom). The living space is very open and the kitchen has a lot of storage for a camper! CONS-The electric fire place has never worked and is mounted into the entertainment center. Flipping breakers doesn't help. We would have to tear the whole thing out to try and see whats wrong. The central heat also doesn't work, only blows room temperature air, regardless of if its on gas or electric. Not even 6 months in and the molding has come loose in some places on the ceiling so its not like a high traffic area that we could have caused. Our wardrobe door just came unglued from the frame one day when my husband opened it. The handle and middle part just slid right off. Not long after one of the drawer faces in the closett did the same. I know campers are made with lighter materials than a house but we aren't particularly rough on it and try to take care and make repairs. There is no explanation for the fireplace and heat to not work and no one has been able to help us.
- Samantha Canfield, Texas

2021-02-08 2019 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 29RKS View Listings

We have had this unit since the end of 2018. We have nothing but love for it. We have had very minimal issues with it. We bought it at Camping World in Colfax (Greensboro NC) and they went over everything before we left with it. The only issues with it was our fault. We got a unit with only 1 AC on it - NOT A GOOD IDEA because the AC on these models are in back with the kitchen. We purchased another AC to go on the front (not tied in with the other unit but does fine). Now we love it. The fireplace is awesome as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that all of our trips are as good as they have been so far with this unit.
- Sherri Gerringer, North Carolina

2021-02-06 2013 Keystone Montana 3402RL View Listings

We have totally loved our 5th wheel. A few 2 to 6 month trips and a year long trip. Best floor plan..so comfy. Love the 6 pt auto level and in board vac. So much storage in floor to ceiling pantry and nice closet at door. 2 closets in bdrm, king bed, sink in bath AND bdrm, loved the 2 drawer desk and electric heat fireplace. Electric awning is so easy. Did have roof issue while under warranty (used staples) so Keystone did replace. Never any issues with this rig. But as we are mud 70s and health issues...time to sell.
- Bob , Colorado

2021-02-03 2018 Keystone Montana Legacy 3811MS View Listings

We have owned many Class A Motorhomes and this was our first 5th Wheel. We did a lot of research on all makes and models before choosing this particular 5th Wheel. What sold us on it was it's stunning appearance from the exterior and once we stepped inside we were in love. The amenities superceded all our expectations and the detail to craftsmanship said "BUY ME". We have not been disappointed with it in any way and are only selling it because of retirement and wanting to live in our Florida home instead of camping. It is quite functional for year round living but we have 6 grandchildren and a need for more bedrooms when they visit us. It also pulls better in the wind than any of our 40' class A motorcoaches ever did. It's a 5 star 5th Wheel!
- Wendy McIntyre, Minnesota

2021-02-03 2017 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 28SGS View Listings

There is no warranty. Awnings cover all slide outs to keep debris off slides. Climbs mountains without hesitation. Auto leveling is a great bonus, making set up a dream. Black water pipe stored at front of RV in PVC pipe under front frame. Dish playmaker included.
- barbara, Georgia

2021-01-27 2016 Keystone Sprinter 353FWDEN View Listings

I love the looks and layout of this camper. The quality of the finishes is very poor though my counters have cracks in them, the wall paper is wrinkling and the tack paper that looks like wood on the doors it peeling off. None of my exterior lights work. Most disappointing of all is that in the summer this camper gets very hot. I do have 2 AC's it just does not make it in the heat of the day. If you get one of these campers park in shade or don't use it during the summer.
- John, Texas

2021-01-27 2019 Keystone Sprinter 3550FWMLS View Listings

Great fifth and great shape! Looks like brand new! Everything works and hauls great and with all four slide outs open it is big and roomy! Fireplace will heat the bottom of the camper and it’s electric! Also got a winter cover for it
- Kenneth Richardson, Tennessee