Jayco White Hawk Reviews on RV Insider (38)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco White Hawk RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tracy from Washington says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco White Hawk 29REKS View Listings

The Rv has been great, with minor problems. Great to pull. What problems we had the service with Camping World was terrible. They don't have any customer service ethics, don't know how to call people back. The service department sucks!recommend Jayco, not dealership.They get your money then don't care about you.
- Tracy, Washington

2020-09-09 2015 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL View Listings

Overall experience has been great with one exception. We special ordered this camper with faux leather furniture. Mistake! About 3 years in the upholstery started separating. Have had to buy both chairs and loveseat to replace old. Dinette has a some in it too so we are in process of have it recovered. Other than that we love the camper.
- Leslie Scott, Mississippi

2020-08-25 2020 Jayco White Hawk 32RL View Listings

Excellent trailer with only a few very minor issues. So far nothing to prevent us from really enjoying it! This is our second Jayco and must say we really like it. Recently we camped next to a similar model brand new from another mfg and it was falling apart, really glad we bought a Jayco from a great dealership (WES trailer sales on Long Island, NY)
- George Nelson, New York

2020-08-23 2020 Jayco White Hawk 28RL View Listings

HORRIBLE QUALITY. electrical problems, sink leaks, furnace never worked properly since I began to use it in Feb, propane system failure. trim just falls off when you tow it like it was glued w chewing gum. Refrigerator electrical failure due to corroded relay. this has been a terrible experience and a 40,000$ mistake. Whatever you do AVOID CAMPING WORLD ALBUQUERQUE. terrible/incompetent
- d nomlas, New Mexico

2020-08-05 2021 Jayco White Hawk 27RB View Listings

GOOD STUFF: This RV has a quality build and the best warranty we could find. It's great for towing with the spilt axels. At first it seems like there is very little storage in the kitchen but with a pantry on each side of the bathroom door, there is enough room. We are full time RVers and are starting out with this 27RB. We chose the free-standing table and chairs to give us more room, the modern farmhouse interior which gives it a nice bright, roomy feeling, and the fireplace takes the chill out in the morning rather than using propane. Overall we're pretty satisfied so far. NOT SO GOOD STUFF: DEFINITELY don't plan on using the mattress that comes with the White Hawks! I had to do a lot of research to find out about it but I got to the bottom of it. It's made by Indratech who claim that their "fibre" is better than foam for all kinds of reasons. It's made out of recycled polyester bottles! While it may be "green," it's like sleeping on bricks!! The ground would have been more comfortable. Within the first week, we ordered an Inofia from Amazon which solved the sleeping problem. The layout of this camper could be improved. So much window space in the bedroom is redundant and the blinds, even though they are dark brown or black, don't provide any real privacy. Not like the Rockwood day/night shades. The warp and weave of the shades is much too open. A better layout would be to have the seating area at the front of the unit, not have a superslide at all, just a slide for the dinette, and put the bedroom at the rear of the unit as another slide out. If you get one of these units and get the fold out sofa in case you have company, you will find that when you fold out the couch, you block your way to the bathroom so beware if you get up in the night! We got the theatre seating instead. Can't have guests but this is really a couples' coach anyway. Only other thing we've noticed so far is that the plywood for the bed could have been finished off better. We vacuumed plywood chips for a few days after we got the camper. Still, it's better than most and this is our fifth home away from home.
- Betty, Minnesota

2020-08-01 2019 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB View Listings

I am retired with many years in manufacturing, Customer Service, and as a Technician. I have a 2019 Whitehawk and every time I look at it I see more defects. I am constantly repairing something. Nothing serious yet except an inline fuse from my batteries keeps blowing. I just gotta say that the assembly performed inside and out, throughout the ENTIRE camper is of very poor quality. And I know what quality is! Who works assembling these things, where do they get these people, aren't they held to any kind of high standard????? It looks like work I would expect from today's young people working unsupervised.
- Bob, Montana

2020-07-29 2019 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB View Listings

We love the trailer. The floor plan was just what we wanted. The problem is that all the drawers bottoms fell out. Luckily I am in construction and can fix it. I assume other people have to take it in to be fixed! I find this to be poor craftmanship. The hot water heater is so hot it burns your hands. I asked the salespeople and they said " that's the way it's set" WHAT? I can't adjust my own water heater? I paid $30000 for this thing. When the propane comes on it's like a flame thrower. You can hear it from two camps away. We have to turn it off to sleep. I wish Jayco was as good as they used to be..
- depodean, Oregon

2020-07-24 2018 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB View Listings

Bought new in 2018. Has been in several long trips, zero issues. Warranty has pretty much covered everything that was a minor issue, water damaged Outdoor kitchen cabinet, black valve handle, couch under drawer staples. It has provided worry free enjoyment for my wife and I.
- Scott Byrd, Maryland

2020-07-03 2017 Jayco White Hawk 28BHKS View Listings

The layout of this trailer is fabulous. It provides for a full size shower, a bathroom door on the flush side of the trailer, an outside kitchen, ample sleeping area, a kitchen island that allows for additional help in preparing food, a full length awning, plenty of storage, and more. I couldn't be more happy with this trailer. If we always needed sleeping quarters for more than just my wife and I, we would own this forever.
- Troy Pugh, Washington

2020-06-12 2019 Jayco White Hawk 29BH View Listings

We bought our 2019 Jayco White Hawk in August 2019. We have had nothing but issues with it. It is made so poorly. Our awning has leaked, our sink leaks, we have had toilet issues, slide out issues, cabinet issues, etc. The back to table seat is stapled. It has come apart. We have complained so many times to Jayco and Orlando RV and nothing gets done. We have had our camper to Orlando RV to have several things fixed and to get it home and the issues not be fixed. Our camper has mold on floor from the skid not being installed correctly and warranty is being denied. My camper is not even a year old. I am so disappointed in Jayco and Orlando Rv. They do not stand behind their products. We are still under warranty and have extended warranty and they don't care. They will try to find excuses to say things are not covered. Avoid both!!
- John & Kristie Epling, Florida

2020-04-02 2019 Jayco White Hawk 31BH View Listings

This is are 4th rv out of all the company’s we owned this is the nicest and highest quality. No major issues that was nice always had issues with other makes.The only thing I don’t like is the ac Thermostat in bedroom is in the ceiling (Analog) switch’s cheep
- Matt brown, New York

2020-01-13 2019 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB View Listings

We have truly enjoyed this travel trailer, floorplan and flexibility for quick setup & breakdown. Easy to pull, spacious interior & exterior storage, outdoor kitchen is perfect for spending more time outside. No complaints on quality of appliances, bath/shower.
- Manley, Texas

2019-11-12 2016 Jayco White Hawk 24RKS View Listings

we bought our Jayco in early February of 2016 and were so excited to get out there to the ocean for valentines day,well it didnt take long to ealize we had a leak coming from somewhere in the kitchen sink area so after we got home we called our dealer and the salesman was not in so we talked to the service manager. so we made an appointment and they told us to bring it in right away but it wouldn't be done for 3-4 weeks and well you can just about figure how well that went especially being that we had a camping trip booked for 3 weeks out. well i talked with the store manager and he worked his magic and it was ready in 2 weeks just in time for trip. well i guess you can probably hear the words when we used the kitchen sink and found it still leaking. so we take it back to kent wa, kent valley super stores and get told 3-4 weeks again but dont bring it down for a couple of weeks because lot is full, that should have told us something then. come to find out that if you buy a trailer from these folks people that bought their trailers from other dealers got their work done before we who bought from them.so we pick up trailer and take on another trip and you would never guess what was leaking, not only the kitchen sink but now somewhere around bathroom area,we are not so thrilled with the trailer at this point but we are still pleasant with the dealership.took the trailer down for another leak after filling main water tank from outside noticed a leak on the inside, also noticed a leak in the front around the bed frame and also underneath also looked like some wood was discolored and soft from moisture so we book some appointment with service department again and they call and said that the trailer was about out of the warranty but would see what and if jayco would do anything about it under warranty. service manager calls back and says they found a leak that was running in from the left front storage area and they got the ok to do all the wood replacement underneath and some trim up around the bedroom area. so my husband picks trailer up and puts it away at the house for the winter.we didnt use the trailer in 2018 as my husband had some bad health issues and didn't want to go out of area camping. 2019 rolls around and we go out for a 3 day trip about 50 miles from house and my husband hooks the water and electic up at site and we have water running out of 2 separate spots, well it seems when they winterized that they leave all water spouts and such wide open. so i had to put plastic bolt in hot water drain and turn outer shower head nozzle off,then things seemed better as we used a couple more times in May and June with out no major issues. take it hunting and cant get the water pump to work so we had no water, spent an hour or so tearing the kitchen chairs apart to get to the pump to find that a switch for water flow must have been turned off when winterizing in 2017 and the filter cap was loosed and wasn't allowing suction of water thru the line we had troubles for all the trips with this in 2019 until we found and tightened the filter cap as well as opening the flow thru water switch. well im about done whining we are going to fix everything that needs fixing and are going to dump this jayco and will never suggest that anyone buy this brand of rv. we called Jayco personally and they told us to get a lawyer because we wanted them to step up and take care of this lemon and they wouldn't. originally my husband wanted a 20 foot trailer and the sales person (boone) talked me into upgrading into this (top of the line) 24 foot trailer so my husband agreed. thanks for the chance to vent Jennifer Holcomb
- JLHGDH, Washington

2019-10-22 2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH View Listings

I bought a Jayco Whitehawk about 3 years ago. My wife and I did extensive research on many different travel trailers and we decided to go with the Jayco because of their reputation as the best. We soon came to regret this decision. I have taken it back to the dealership 14 times in 3 years. Our heater has never worked, and two times, yes two times our fuse box has caught fire. And we just took it out last weekend, and the heater didn't work again, and the fuse box is black with heat damage :( This has been more than disappointing and demoralizing really. You buy an expensive item and hope to enjoy it for a long time with your family, but instead you hope and pray nothing happens every time you go out :(
- Joshua, Arizona

2019-09-23 2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH View Listings

This is a great camper for anyone who wants to get out camping year round. The camper is fully insulated and with skirting added it stays nice and warm. It has a great layout for either a couple or single person with plenty of storage or can can sleep 10 for a large group of people. Dont be scared by the size of the camper, it tows very well. Balanced over the spread axles and pretty light given its size.
- Justin Lefebvre, New York

2019-08-28 2014 Jayco White Hawk 23MBH View Listings

We have own our Jayco white hawk since 2014. We love the layout and comfort of this trailer. We selected a Jayco after consulting with a camper repair shop because they said they had the least amount of problems compared with other travel trailers. The manufacturer has been very forthcoming when we had a small issue with the trailer and paid for the repair. We want to scale back size wise. Getting older, grandkids no longer interested so no longer need the bunk beds area and the extra length.
- Evelyne , Florida

2019-08-20 2019 Jayco White Hawk 32KBS View Listings

LOVE IT! After 6 months of research and viewing over 100 different layouts this is our first RV we purchased. We knew we wanted a TT and we are very happy with our choice. We have taken her out every week for the past 7 weeks and Yes we have had some minor issues that any new owner would have but the Good Sam helpline has done a great job of guiding us through our problems. This 38Ft Couples Coach open floor plan with a KING bed fits our needs as we prepare to live in Florida for 6 months with our dogs. Our service department in DeKalb, Il (Courtland) has done a fantastic job as well fixing the minor issues.
- George Carlson, Illinois

2019-08-18 2015 Jayco White Hawk 33BHBS View Listings

If all Jayco trailers are built like this one, they are garbage once they come off the assembly line. I am replacing the roof on one of the slide outs on this 3 and a half yr old trailer. As a registered RV Service Technician, I can tell you after peeling away the ceiling on the slide and looking at this thing, it is overwhelmed with piss poor quality! Nearly every staple they used to fasten the roof missed the rafters! I did notice there are several staples working back into the rubber roof, now I know why. The other slide roof has staples working out as well. There is no fix for this besides peeling the rubber roof back and repairing or waiting for the staples to poke a hole in your rubber roof, pull out the staple and patch the hole. They all should have had putty tape or at least a dab of Dicor put over the staples...there is neither. They didn’t caulk the metal band on the outside that holds the rubber roof...Hell, they didn’t even caulk the screws! The only moisture protection was a peice of ever bond tape...and it wasn’t even applied correctly as it has wrinkles in it. There should actually be caulking or putty tape under the metal band, caulking on the screw heads and at least TWO overlapping pieces of ever bond tape. I have also found two halves of roof decking that are about 1/4 inch apart. Bizarre! Of course, Jayco won’t do a thing about any of this since it is out of warranty EVEN thought these are manufacturing issues. Now, I also have some flooring sections that feel as though they are coming loose. Folks, you cannot hope for a quality trailer that is built in 6-7 hrs. I don’t believe there is hardly a staple in a stud or rafter in this entire trailer. Please, do yourself a favor and DON’T buy a Jayco. There is no quality in their trailers and none from there customer service dept either.
- John Jeter, Tennessee

2019-08-15 2018 Jayco White Hawk 23MRB View Listings

We looked at many trailers before buying this one. We are a couple who mostly travel alone and wanted something our Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel could tow easily and give us a lot of convenient luxury living space. This trailer fits the bill perfectly and came with a two year warranty. A few niggles fixed without delay under the warranty, but nothing much. The large bathroom and man-size shower is like being at home. The large fridge and freezer (as well as an outside kitchen fridge) keep everything cool. Very efficient AC unit and heating furnace both ducted throughout. Lots of light, space, and air inside. Difficult to find fault.
- Stephen Parker, California

2019-07-17 2016 Jayco White Hawk 28RBKS View Listings

Great Trailer: Massive Storage!!, Outdoor Kitchen, E-Z tow, Kitchen island provides more work-space, Skylight lets the light in, exterior storage is also impressive. This coach is perfect for couples and the sofa quickly makes into a bed for 2 more.
- Victor Rader, Washington

2019-05-23 2019 Jayco White Hawk 26RK View Listings

Love the Trailer, hate the issues. I have had this camper since the fall of 2018. I have had 2 Axle issues in that time, of course this is my fault for overloading the camper.... It was weighed, Gross weight "dry" is 6,165 lbs., when I loaded it, just under 7,000, Payload, 1,585 lbs.for a total weight of 7,750 lbs. No "water" weight, as we filled when we got onsite. I have towed this trailer to Virginia from Mass, and Delaware from Mass. Each time I got pulled over by concerned people on the highway telling me the axles were bent. I am at a loss here. Explanation from Jayco, Chasis Manufacturer, and Lippert? Overloaded, or hit pot holes causing the axle to bend. I would NOT Recommend at this time. Fortunately for me, I am not dealing with a Large dealer, and the dealership has gone above and beyond expectations.
- David Rossi, Massachusetts

2019-04-22 2017 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH View Listings

My buddy has this rv, and it works great for them with full family. He says it also tows well, and is well insulated. With the dual entry, and long canopy this makes for a good family camper. We usually get both familys under the 21 foot awning.
- Brent Baker, Minnesota

2019-03-31 2014 Jayco White Hawk 21DSRB View Listings

We like the layout and the Murphy bed is great but the floor in front of the sink has gone soft this is the second jayco that we have had this problem with jayco will not do anything about it as it is out of warranty the dealership has changed hands so there is no help there either lots of other small things that we had fixed have had 5 jayco will not buy another will take a huge loss on trade in because of floor beware if buying one
- Joyce diamond, Ontario

2019-03-30 2015 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL View Listings

We bought the White Hawk because we loved the floor plan that has room for 2 recliners which we replaced upon receipt of the new unit. We replaced the ones it came with 2 lazy boy recliners that fit perfectly. We have had great service from Steve's RV in Louisiana. We did have to have work done on the slide but it was under warranty and was fixed in a couple of days. Steve's is an honest dealer. We have had our unit serviced once a year which includes resealing the roof once a year. Again, it was done in one day. After 4 years of using it 5 days a week, the refrigerator and microwave had to be replaced, but, wd read that is often said those things do need to be placed in 4 years. All in all we have loved our White Hawk and will likely buy a new one in the next year or so. Good quality product and great service.
- Theresa Loos, Louisiana

2019-02-17 2019 Jayco White Hawk 27RB View Listings

DONT BUY THIS JAYCO! LEMON!!! We bought brand new 3 weeks ago. We have a laundry list of things that are broken,fell apart and just idiotic craftmanship. Just to list a few.... Furnace doesn't work, sink leaks water everywhere, jack quit working, stainless is rusting and holes everywhere in the woodwork...ETC. But worst of all the wiring is messed up. Can't run ONE thing without turning off or unplugging everything else. The electrical board looks like its been reworked and two termals weren't even soldered in. They just fall out. This is our home while working in remote location. This sucks! Definitely a LEMON!!! Not looking forward to sitting in repair lot for weeks on end.
- Dettoit, Washington