Jayco Seneca RVs Reviews (14)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Seneca RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Dawn Morton from Oregon says:

Have you owned any Jayco Seneca RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Seneca 37HJ View Listings

On August 10, 2016 we purchased a 2016 Jayco Seneca 37HJ. We had been looking for a very long time for the perfect coach for us and our 5 adopted kids. After spending close to $200,000. we thought that we had found it. This coach has been a nightmare from day 1. We took possession and stayed in the lot at Guarranty the first night so that we would make sure it was functioning properly before leaving for a 4 day camp at Willamette Music Festival. Right away, we had problems with the levelling system and that satellite. We were only able to use the levelers if we were plugged in to power. The next day we spent 8 hours at Guaranty, waiting for them to try to get it to work....Ended up with instructions to run generator to level since we were dry camping and come back in 2 weeks for service. During our 4 days...things got worse as our system was not holding a charge, the refrigerator and the water heater was not working properly and we had 2 more visits from the technicians to get the satellite working. Due to these issues, we had to run the generator a lot during this trip and ended up needed it to be serviced shortly after...which we were charged for. Since this visit, we have had continued issues with refrigerator and satellite, the CO2 detector had to be replaced (2 trips for that), 2 LED lights have been replaced (1 is out again). We were only able to take it out on the one trip last year and the rest of the time it was either waiting for parts to come in or in the shop at Guarranty. It is approx. 150 miles each way to their facility and we have been there at least 6 times. We have left it with them for 2 weeks to a month at a time and still continue to have problems. We finally took the kids camping this weekend and the first night noticed water on our bedroom floor. This is coming out of the wall behind the bathroom sink and seeping out of the wall every time the water pump is turned on. We have had this coach for almost 11 months and only have 2 weekends of camping. I believe that we ended up with a lemon and are considering consulting an attorney to find out what our rights and options are. It is not right for us to pay that much money for something that is absolutely useless for our family as it either has an issue or it is in the shop.
- Dawn Morton, Oregon

2019-06-04 2018 Jayco Seneca 37HJ View Listings

I am just in awe over the news we just learned from Jayco about our $180,000 RV that we just bought 6 months ago. They are now telling us that we can not use it anywhere that the temperature is below 32 degrees. We live in central Texas where the temp doesn't get very low but our "tankless" water heater froze up and burst. We had absolutely no idea this would happen in our RV shed with the heater going in the rv. And was NEVER told this during our walk through. Now we have to pay, after buying an extra warranty that was supposed to cover from front to back, $1200 plus installation. Then we are told that our $180,000 RV can't be taken to places below 32 degrees unless you drain it I guess every night and day and go down the road with out any hot water. This most definitely limits us to traveling in the Northwestern states except certain times of the year. This is the third Jayco that we bought because we had been so pleased with the past two but we have NEVER been so disappointed in our lives over a purchase of this extent being so misguiding. We are retired and have saved up for years to get the retirement coach we had dreamed about for years. We never write reviews but I just don't want anyone else to be taken advantage of like we have. We would recommend that you not buy this motorhome unless you are planning to stay in warmer climates.
- recagodfrey@yahoo.com, Texas

2019-02-28 2005 Jayco Seneca 34S View Listings

I bought a new Jayco Seneca from Flagg RV. When U went to pick it up, the dealer had someone washing it so it was wet when I took it. When I got it home I realized the cab was covered in spray dust from the manufacturing process and that is how they left it. The generator leaked diesel fuel when it ran. I called the dealership and explained I was leaving for Florida the next day so the service manager told me if I could get the unit there by noon, they would take care of it. Well I got there by noon and waited all day. At 5 when they were closing, they hadn't even looked at it. When I went to see the service manager, he told me they don't work on generators. Why I had to sit there for 5 hours to be told they wouldn't fix it, I have no idea. Anyway, I went home, pulled the cover off and found a loose fuel line. Fixed it myself in 15 minutes. The sliding drawers un the pantry are secured by plastic fasteners which break pretty quickly. When you open the door, you find all of the drawers laying at the bottom broken off. The biggest problem I had was the chemical smell from the adhesives used in manufacture. On a hot day, you could barely breath in there. Had to ju.p in, open the windows and put on the exhaust fan for 15 minutes before I could use it. I kept this unit garaged since new, but it rusted extensively on the undercarriage, propane tank and generator. The back bumper is junk. Why the industry stopped providing bumpers is a puzzle to me. One tiny bump and you have a really large repair bill. Seems like they could do a lot better. Another complaint was the levelers. I couldn't tell you how many times I was stuck with them down. A real pain in the butt.Finally, the automatic steps broke and stayed open on a trip to Tennessee. Had to crawl under and rewire it to get it to close. They use garbage connectors that corrode. Why they don't use a marine grade fastener in an environment that is exposed to the weather is another manufacturing shortcut to save a couple of dollars. The house batteries are 12 volt wired in parallel. This is a poor design and results in the batteries destroying each other because of constant voltage flowing back and forth. I replaced them twice and finally went with large 6 volt batteries wired in a series. That solved the problem. The reason they don't come like that, is those batteries are twice as expensive so they go the cheap route knowing it won't last the customer a year.
- David Naismith II, Rhode Island

2018-12-31 2015 Jayco Seneca 37FS View Listings

I found this to be a great RV for traveling. It is surprisingly easy to drive and has been utterly dependable. It has plenty of power for our Pennsylvania/Florida round trips. I gave the Manufacturer Warranty/Support four stars instead of five simply because I have not used warranty support. The few times I contacted Jayco with questions, I found them to be responsive and helpful. Due to unforeseen medical issues we have changed our traveling plans, and are seeking a new owner for this fine RV.
- R. Fisher, Florida

Verified Owner

2018-10-13 2018 Jayco Seneca 37HJ View Listings

The new S2 chassis is amazing! Tows like a dream and must use cruise control even when fully loaded. 2 year warranty gives piece of mind and Jayco is easy to work with. Floor plan is very comfortable and absolutely huge when all three slides are out. Everything is usable on the road when all slides are in.
- Clark Hill, Idaho

2018-08-22 2015 Jayco Seneca 37FS View Listings

The Jayco Seneca FS37 is the perfect family RV with plenty of beds for the whole family. We enjoy the fact that each family member has their own space. Built on a Frieghtliner Chassis, with a Cummins engine and Allison transmission this unit is dependable and fuel efficient while allowing you to tow up to 10,000 Lbs. I have always wanted a diesel pusher, but could never find the perfect floor plan for our families needs. The Seneca FS37 is the best of both worlds as it has a strong diesel power plant while providing the sleeping capacity of a C class. I also enjoy the fact that truck drivers tend to be more friendly and helpful on and off the road as they like the fact that our rv is sitting on a truck chassis. I like the respect they show me. Jayco staff have been very helpful when calling them in order to get support when an issue arises. I would encourage you to take a close look at the Jayco Seneca if you are in the market for an RV.
- GREG LAWRIE, Ontario

2017-08-05 2010 Jayco Seneca 36FS View Listings

Rv drives like a pick up truck, easiest and nicest RV to drive that we have owned. Lots of room and sleeps 10 people easily. The only thing we would change is the carpet to linoleum in the main area of the RV. The newer models now have them manufactured this way.
- Derek Groves, Ontario

2017-01-07 2017 Jayco Seneca 37TS View Listings

Purchased in September 2016 and immediately found that the refrigerator did not work on AC, water leak at the shower, the JBL radio put at static anytime DC power was available to the radio, and the chassis AC was overcharged. Got the refrigerator, water leak, and the chassis AC fixed first time in the shop under warranty. I'm still waiting on Jayco to get the JBL replaced with another brand radio to solve the static issue. Now that I listed the bad stuff, I can't say enough good stuff about the Seneca! Air ride makes the coach a sweet drive - very stable, even in a crosswind. Interior fit and finish is very nice with only a few minor adjustments needed to make everything work well. The Cummins ISB engine has outstanding fuel mileage (10+ mpg at 65-70 w/toad), but at the cost of quick power and acceleration. Even so, cruising at 65-70 is no problem on level highways, but it will slow when you hit the hilly roads. Overall, the Seneca is a great coach. This is my second Seneca. I had a 2006 35GS (similar interior layout on a Chevy C5500 chassis).
- Scott, Mississippi

2016-09-21 2014 Jayco Seneca 36FK View Listings

Drives great, but quality is lacking. Keyless entry quit working, coach door won't open when sun is shining on the door side. Exterior molding in coming off due to screws backing out at all 4 corners where coach walls meet the front and back fiberglass caps. Jayco advertises that it holds 74 gallons of fuel. It really only holds 49 gallons when the low fuel light come on. Jayco won't stand behind any of these problems due to the motorhome is 2 years old. Also is kept in a enclosed garage while not in use.
- Ralph Davis, Arizona

2016-05-15 2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS View Listings

Just completed a 1800 mile trip with my Seneca! no mechanical problems since I have owned the unit; purchased it new at Dixie RV of Hammond LA. Drives like a dream @70 mph with a fuel mileage of 10-12 mpg without towing another vehicle. Very satisfied with the layout of the unit and its quality. I had to figure out how to reset the tankless hot water heater(thanks youtube.
- Joe McCarthy, Florida

2015-10-22 2013 Jayco Seneca 37FS View Listings

Was so excited to get our first motorhome! The Seneca is great looking, drives very nice... Then the problems started, had to be towed in first trip... Something electrical. Little things fall apart, trim pieces, slides work off and on, jacks won't come down unless you wiggle the switch!! Very disappointed! Extended warranty was cancelled because dealer didn't fill our transfer papers. Etc!! But it is eye catching and beautiful to look at in the driveway!!
- JoAnn Cramer, Wyoming

2015-10-01 2013 Jayco Seneca 36FK View Listings

Bought our Seneca 2013 which was hardly used ,only 3,000 miles! First trip the GPS stoped, which included cameras, all 3 TV's and microwave ! Got to my daughters it wouldn't start. Was towed to Frieghtliner , had all new batteries fuses, no answer to why it didn't start! Jacks won 't work , no rv company would figure it out...must take to Jayco dealer ! Latch on closet door broke off! It will be 2 months before a dealer 200 miles away can look at it! Loved the unit before we bought it.. Good looking night mare!
- JoAnn Cramer, Wyoming

2015-02-22 2014 Jayco Seneca 37TS View Listings

I love the look and feel of this motorhome. Lots of interior and exterior living and storage space. I often comfortably entertain up to 6 adults inside this unit. Standard options like the in-motion satellite, Tankless water heater and exterior TV were expensive upgrades on our previous Phaeton 42QBH. My granddaughters (6 & 9) love the overhead bed with TV and privacy curtains.
- Bonnie Reid, Alberta

2014-12-20 2006 Jayco Seneca 35GS View Listings

I love it. It is everything we want in a motor home. Because we bought it used support from jayco has been lousy to say the least, still tring to get owner manuals on everything.
- Steve Hottendorf, Washington