Jayco Redhawk SE

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Redhawk SE RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Paul from Arizona says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Jayco Redhawk SE 22A View Listings

After one year of ownership I am very happy with this RV. This is my fourth RV but first Motorhome. This is our second Jayco, our last was the Jayfeather 16XRB which also performed very well. This is an entry level coach so don't expect high end features or high quality cabinetry at this price point. The only interior complaint I have is in regard to the wall paper surface they used on the cabinetry, the glue is letting go in a few places so I have to peal it back and apply more. Not a huge deal but could be better. All the appliances and generator have worked as they should, two of my favorite features are the ability run the generator while we drive to run AC and the gas/electric water heater. Both are new to me coming from entry level travel trailersThe steering from the factory on the Chevy chassis was very hard to keep in a straight line. In heavy wind it was nearly impossible to keep on the road at highway speed. I added a Reflex Steering stabilizer and the difference is night and day. The coach is much easier to drive now, wind and large trucks still push it but nothing that isn't manageable. The 22A on the Chevy chassis has over 4000# of cargo capacity but it's on a fairly short wheelbase so this also leads to the touchy steering. To help this, I started filling the fresh water tank, located close to the front end, and moving some of the cargo forward of the rear wheels. The small changes have made a substantial difference. The livability of the coach has been great, it does have the corner bed but I think the slight inconvenience is a small price to pay for keeping the overall length short. Tank storage has been more than sufficient for our family of four, battery life is good but it will need upgrades when we start doing more boondocking. We added a memory foam mattress topper from Costco, same one we have at home, and we sleep just as well on the road as we do at home. Mileage has been as low as 8 when towing the Jeep and going through mountains in AZ, UT, ID and WA and as high as 9.5 not towing going from Phoenix to San Diego. So far so good, we plan to keep this RV for at least 5 years, that's way longer than usual for me.
- Paul, Arizona

2021-08-21 2019 Jayco Redhawk SE 27N View Listings

Great RV that’s easy to drive and also the biggest one you can get without push outs, which we didn’t want to deal with. Very convenient floor plan and livability with a family of 5 camping. Highly recommend it.
- David, Montana

2021-07-21 2019 Jayco Redhawk SE 27N View Listings

Purchased 2019 Jayco redhawk se 27n new at a local dealership. First off the dealership tried ripping us off by trying to sell an extended warranty that was worthless. Took the RV on our first trip to Disneyland camp ground were we found out how easy it was to clog up the toilet. Had to unclog it at least 5 times in a week. Drove great to and from, the problem I have with this RV is how cheaply made it is, had trim fall of the wall in the shower, the shower drain came a part and took about two hours to fix it. While working on the drain beneath the shower I discovered how cheap it was built. Only found one small strip of support under the floor of the shower. Next the trim around the countertop just separate with about 1 to 2 inch grab. Pretty pathetic for something u paid $65,000 dollars for. Recommend that u look elsewhere, jayco should change their name to Jokeco.
- W.C, Illinois

2021-07-06 2020 Jayco Redhawk SE 27N View Listings

America wanders what is happening to quality? Greed! I purchased a 2020 Redhawk. I was told this by Jayco " Read the fine print on contract! We send them out fast due to demand, hopefull good quality..if not...waranty will cover!" List of problems right off the line. Keep in mind,I paid $600. To dealer for inspection. I fixed myself! Why? Months to get fixed by dealer! Reason....covid19. Cab leaked because no caulk 3 pieces of mouldings found under bed Broken light fixture Heating blanket blew off first trip Out side faucet put on in factory with no splines in knobs. Faucet hose cracked from factory leaking. Door switch never had screws installed, held on with double tape. Seat ripping at table due to sharp edges aluminum brackets. Mouldings around windows coming out. Decals coming off. This isnt due to driving down the highway, as Jayco claims. It's due to very poor quality control standards, and RV sales up 300%. A sale is more important than quality. I'm fortunate to be able to fix myself, others have been less fortunate. Like neighbor paying a full year having camper 2 weeks. Christopher Land
- Christopher Land, Indiana

2020-12-09 2020 Jayco Redhawk SE 22C View Listings

I have owned the Jayco for less than 3 months and I began to have issues. The smoke/carbon alarm would sound for no apparent reason every few minutes for several hours. The refrigerator stopped getting cold, furnace will not heat. I have an appointment 3 months out with mom pop repair at the earliest. Jayco representative repairs will take up to 6months. This has been a very inconvenient experience thus far.Jayco surveys doesn't make a difference in the support provided.
- Shirley, Florida

2020-06-08 2020 Jayco Redhawk SE 22C View Listings

First time owner and female. I like this RV overall, except that the dealer Did not tell me it had no leveling system. Also when I did the walk through it had two batteries. When I took possession it had only one battery. The second I had to purchase seperatly. The leveling system for this vehicle is expensive to buy and install. If I had known this I would have bought a different model.
- Jill LaMothe, Vermont

2020-05-20 2019 Jayco Redhawk SE 22C View Listings

I called in for what I thought was a very simple problem that the seven wire plug at the rear of the RV was all working except the pin for the running lights. The RV running lights are just fine so that tells me the plug is on a independent 12V source for service of power to the plug. Customer service support had to call engineering because the layout they had to look at did not show that seven way plug leading back to the fuse panel. After two days I was told to pound sand and that it was not a Jayco problem!!! I have been around electrical systems for a very long time and that is not the case at all. I am very disappointed in the service I rec., but not surprised when you try to get help from someone you have already bought the product. I would not and will not recommend a Jayco product to anyone and everyone I know.
- Bret Cheney, Washington