Jayco Redhawk

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Redhawk RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Gayle Mann from Nevada says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Redhawk 26XD View Listings

Bought from reputable dealer in NV Johnnie Walker. Coach exceeds my expectations as a woman and Jayco has just about thought of everything especially for a woman's view right down to a place for a coffee pot, ample cabinets, low switch height (for a 5 foot gal). Rides and drives like a dream, cross ventilation window placement, quality all around! Can never beat Jayco's 2 year warranty. I love this coach as I feel like its made for me!
- Gayle Mann, Nevada

2021-05-21 2016 Jayco Redhawk 23X2 View Listings

We bought a Jayco like this last year and just love it! It is so easy to drive, we take it for day trips to the beach or the mountains. Never have to worry about covid rules with all the necessities with us. 5 minutes to set up and we are good for the night. Highly recommend this motorhome for those who want to get out and see the world!
- Tiffany, Texas

2020-11-29 2021 Jayco Redhawk 26XD View Listings

Love the floor plan. Slides make it roomy, very roomy, I’m 6’4 260 lbs and find it to be very accommodating. Fords V8 has plenty of power, trans is smooth. A number of “quality” issues arose on our first two camp nights, which were on our way home from the purchase. It was 30 degrees out at night, so we got to test the heater and cold weather operation. Let me say I have had and worked on other RV’s so I am familiar with their systems and construction. The bathroom had no heat, literally zero flow from the vent. I took the drawers out of the wardrobe, and found the bathroom heat duct literally cut in half (it’s a foil duct, like your dryer has). I made room for the duct by trimming away some of the wood on the inside (unseen) are of the wardrobe, and repaired the duct with a paper towel tube wrapped once in aluminum tape (trust me, it works). So now there is heat and good flow at the bathroom vent. If you use this RV in winter, do yourself a favor and buy a 25 dollar electric dehumidifier for it. We had 5 sleeping in it and the condensation was crazy! The daytime sun cleared it up, but I ordered a dehumidifier after the first night. The hood over the stove was cocked and off by about an inch and 1/2. I pulled the hood, and found the vent needed a “better job” of sealing at the hood to the outside, so I used more aluminum tape to fix the vent seal, then re-installed the hood itself, making sure it was level. It looks and works great now. The LP heater rattled like crazy, I pulled the vent cover to access it, and found the grommet not installed where the line went into the unit. It was there, just not installed. I also found the wires in this area not tied up/ supported, so I did that too. Rattles stopped! Under neath, the battery and step wires right near the power step, under the chassis, were not supported and were in fact hanging down so low I’m suprised they didn’t scrape the road. But they hadn’t, so I used some heavy duty zip straps and secured them above the bottom edge of the frame rail. Crisis averted! Then, also under the chassis, the black tank sensor wires were hanging loosely under the strap beneath the tank, so I installed wire looms to prevent chafing through the insulation, and zipp strapped them securely as well. Another crisis diverted! On the table/ bench area, the bench closest to the front has electrical installed inside it. The screws that were used to mount the junction box to the bench had screws that were way too long, and were poking the material outward. How this didn’t rip through the fabric is beyond me, and I consider this a lucky break that I caught it. I removed the screws and replaced them with appropriate shorter ones. After these fixes, I’m ready for another trip! I will say the heater works great, the faucets all work great, the shower probably needs to be caulked at the top to keep water from duetting behind the insert wall. At 6’4, the skylight in the shower is actually there for headroom. I’m talking I could not use the shower if this skylight was not there. But it is, and it works! The bunk ladder has two hooks that put it directly in the center of the rig, making it impossible to get in the cockpit for ANYTHING. So I purchased a replacement hook on line, and mounted it so the ladder can now be used at center, or behind the drivers seat. This solution is so cool I can’t believe it’s not standard. The exterior speakers are super loud, I was surprised they are of good quality. However, the switch was not wired securely, I had intermittent cutting out of the speakers. I pulled the interior/exterior speaker switch, crimped the wires and connectors more securely, and guess what? Crisis averted! I could not imagine needing to take this thing to the dealer for all these fixes, I have heard horror stories of the time and frustrations for dealer support/ repairs. I did my own in a day, after my test camping trip. If you buy one of these, I highly recommend you have basic tools and skills, don’t rely on the dealer to fix the “house”. One last thing, the cushions at the table actually slip off when driving, due to no Velcro on them. Buy a roll of Velcro, glue AND STAPLE the Velcro to the wooden portion of the bench, the secure portions, NOT the removable cargo bin covers. The cushions themselves have fuzzy material on the back side that grips just great to the Velcro. Another crisis averted. I sincerely hope these tips help new owners! Thanks! If I have any other issues to report, I’ll write another review.
- Troy, Wisconsin

2020-08-30 2015 Jayco Redhawk 26XD View Listings

Purchased used Jayco Redhawk, added gear, dogs, snacks and off across country adventure. Easy to drive, super dependable, great livability. Tough standing up to large dogs & kids. Easy to keep clean, looks like new.
- sally moses, Tennessee

2020-08-27 2020 Jayco Redhawk 29XK View Listings

We purchased this new, we used it on a short trip first towing a Jeep Wrangler behind to high elevation as we live in Arizona no issues all went well. We had a wedding to attend 1400 miles away. What we learned is everything worked great at 100 degrees or less. after 110 fridge and AC do not work very well. I took a lot of tools expecting lots of issues after reading reviews, nothing absolutely nothing never opened the tool box for anything to do with motorhome. Thanks Jayco and Ford while towing a jeep over 3,000 miles and 3 weeks of camping no issues.
- Thomas Sauter, Arizona

2020-08-14 2021 Jayco Redhawk 22J View Listings

Picked up the new 22j on July 3 and left the next week for a 3,000 mile round trip, Maine to Mississippi. The new Ford V8 performed beautifully, getting about 10 MPG on mostly 70 mph interstate driving. All systems worked, beds were comfortable, and ride was quiet and smooth. Excellent prep at Call of the Wild RV in Oxford, Maine. Great floor plan for a couple (and room for grandkids!). So far, very happy with the unit.
- Stan King, Maine

2020-07-20 2017 Jayco Redhawk 26XD View Listings

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! So easy to drive and so liveable. I lived in it for months due to the Covid thing. The refrigerator was big so tht I did not constantly have to go shopping. The storage was more than ample. I loved sitting on the couch and watching TV when it was raining out. The ease of setting it up was also great. I watched people stuggle with leveling on other RV's/. The size is perfect as you can go to any National or RV park without a proble. Also you can park in 2 spaces in a shopping center. The quality of everything created a stress free environment. The queen bed is super comfortable. I felt like I was in a studio luxury condo with the gorgous wood cabinetry and the comfy couch. The 2 TV's were a nice touch as well. I drove thousands of miles and never had a problem. Easy to drive and it made it up some very steep hills effortlessly. The weather was very hot and the AC stayed cool. The shower is a bit small for a big person but there plenty of hot water for a very long shower. Great RV
- marilyn, Florida

2020-07-17 2020 Jayco Redhawk 24B View Listings

The layout and space is fantastic with the slide out. The construction/craftsmanship is poor quality and cheap such as the medicine cabinet fell off the wall while driving on I80, trim pieces are missing or not staying attached,RV door latch is not hung correctly making it difficult to open or close the door easily, tank indicators are very inaccurate, kitchen drawers open when going around turns. This is all when the first 3 weeks of ownership. We purchased the vehicle in June and the first service appointment is September when these issues will be addressed.
- Sharon Kern, Utah

2020-06-23 2016 Jayco Redhawk 29XK View Listings

My husband and I purchased this model for a trip across country. We wanted something with room for us, as we were in it for over a month. It worked out great! It cools in the heat and warms in the cold. We cooked quite a bit, and the storage is amazing. It truly enhanced our trip, and has been a blast ever since.
- Mary Price, New York

2020-03-17 2017 Jayco Redhawk 26X1 View Listings

The Jayco came with a 2 year warranty. only had a couple small problems that the dealer handled. The 28 foot length with a 360 HP Chevy engine made for a nimble quick RV. Could go any where. Even with the main slid out in there was good amount of space to live. With the slides out lost of room to live comfortably.Easy camp site set up and take down. Did a 7500 mile 38 day trip east along RT66 and then north to redwood forest and then back east checking out lots of national parks. Was easy living for the two of us. Gas mileage was 10 per gal. Handled great on mountainous curvy back roads , interstates and flat desert back roads.Plenty of power for the big hills. Will sleep 7 if needed with seat belts for 8. Highly recommend this size Motor home for 2 to 4 people.
- Stan Cass, Pennsylvania

2019-10-14 2019 Jayco Redhawk 22J View Listings

we bought this unit used with 1800mi on it,nothing but problems,awning broke from rain a few minutes ago,fresh water tank does not hold water,lose 3 quarters of a tank after you drive a few hours,both tank release knobs take a weight lifter to open,tanks never show empty,propane for heat sometimes will not go on ,outside speaker does not work,outside cable connect does not work,have to run cable in window to main connect,I would never buy another.If you do,MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WORKS,when i get back home from a bad road trip JAYCO will see this vehicle on the news,its a lemon.
- Dennis Clancy, New York

2019-10-07 2019 Jayco Redhawk 31F View Listings

Waste of money. Have had nothing but problems. only owned for 3 months. Fridge and microwave do not work. It's like pulling teeth to get anyone to help. I have never had such buyer's remorse. I would not recommend this camper to anyone. BUYER BEWARE!!!
- Amy McCallister, West Virginia

2019-07-21 2018 Jayco Redhawk 29XK View Listings

Bought in Iowa (flew family there and drove home to CA), now at 8500 miles and still no issues. Floor plan is great, easy to drive, 10-11 mpg. All motorhomes have issues (it’s a rolling house) no matter who builds them, or what you pay. Our Redhawk has had little to no problems besides minor adjustments. This has been a great motorhome with very few issues.
- Jeramiah, California

2019-06-25 2019 Jayco Redhawk 22J View Listings

The layout is great. Lots of storage for a small rv. Expect a loud drive when travelling. The driving seats are not comfortable as they don’t adjust to everyone’s needs. The driving mirrors are power but should have two mirrors instead of one with a stick on. The speakers in the drivers compartment mysteriously don’t exist. The generator according to the rv mechanic doesn’t work in rain of any kind but that’s normal with all generators... um no. It’s not a bad model but beware the dealers. They rush you and push you so they can make money. This is your investment. Push back. Take your time. Also one of the drawers opens randomly and the kitchen table doesn’t stay up. “But that’s normal”..... yikes.
- Holly Smith, Saskatchewan

2019-04-30 2017 Jayco Redhawk 23XM View Listings

I love this motorhome! The leveling jacks are great! Great floorplan in the 23xm and quality built Jayco won us over all the other Class C brands. The convection oven works like a dream and the split bathroom is much more convenient.
- Leann, Texas

2019-03-29 2016 Jayco Redhawk 29XK View Listings

Bought new from the factory through RV Direct and picked up in Des Moines, Iowa. Went immediately to camping and it rained that night. Discovered water running down the kitchen cabinet. Took it back to Des Moines and they had it two weeks and could not find the leak. Cabinet was ruined by the water and I fought with Jayco the whole way. I then took it to Ketelsen RV in Cedar Rapids Iowa. They found the leak in 30 minutes. Turned out that the hole through which the awning wiring goes into the coach was never sealed. Obvious factory quality issue. Still had to fight with Jayco until they finally agreed to replace the cabinet. Many other minor quality issues I have found. No excuse for poor quality from the factory. Have subsequently found more leaks and repaired myself. Now the slideout blows fuses. Would never buy another Jayco product.
- Dave, Florida

2019-02-05 2018 Jayco Redhawk 25R View Listings

Purchased brand new. Did a few local camping trips to get it set up and learn the ropes. (I am a solo, woman, 66 yrs young) First long trip with lots of reservations along the way ... only got 50 miles from home when the Ford engine began acting erratically. Pulled over and tried to wrap my head around what was happening, NEVER had a brand new vehicle with problems out the door! .. cried a bit .. then luckily found a campground just down the street which the rv limped to. Got towed to Ford dealership, spent the day there with my dog. At end of day they told me they could not find the problem. Rented car, took all food and valuables, and went home and started cancelling reservations. 3 days later, rented car and went to pick up rv which they had to replace the whole engine PCM. Tried backing out of dealership, backup camera not working!! Got pulled over on way home, brake light out !!! Took it back to RV One where l bought it.. spent the whole day there, UNABLE to fix camera or brake light! Put a temporary brake light on but no camera. Almost 3 months now and STILL not fixed. So much for extended warranties, quality of Service, and craftsmanship .. Do not recommend buying a Jayco!
- Dianne FL, Florida

2019-01-15 2015 Jayco Redhawk 23XM View Listings

We’ve owned our 2015 Jayco Redhawk 23XM for 3 years. Had a wonderful experience traveling from California to Nashville Tn and California to Canada. Towed our Jeep Wrangler uphill with ease. Very functional and practical RV. Jayco is a wonderful manufacture that produces superior products!
- Travis, California

2018-12-26 2018 Jayco Redhawk 22J View Listings

From day one the on boards battery would not last all night if using furnace Dealer checked and deep charged Harris battery. I finally went to Costco and purcashed the biggest deep cycle Interstate battery 600 amp hour price 93 dollars amazing difference If you have the problem go to Costco. Is not hard to change battery
- Charles Thompson, Arizona

2018-11-04 2018 Jayco Redhawk 29XK View Listings

Drive shaft let go first day Issues getting repaired Beware has to be done by ford and jayco has to pay Of course you pay and fight with jayco for reimbursement Door hinge has fallen off twice No jayco dealers want to do warranty All the staples have popped out within 6 months Jayco wants you to drive in and decide if they will cover Battery issues Generator issues Can only use one appliance at a time or you blow fuses Ford truck is good Not smooth running Sounds like a school bus No support from jayco at all Do not buy Poor design inside
- Beth Bowen , Ontario

2018-10-11 2018 Jayco Redhawk 29XK View Listings

Everything is cheaply put together. 2 days old and just me in it driving interstate and lost an outside light lense as well as panel in bedroom screw completely missed the mark and it's hanging off. Fridge racks pop off with too much ease, feel like a gallon of milk would bring the whole thing down. Lastly,it's 2018, why are we using coax? HDMI this thing
- Jeremy, Virginia

2018-10-10 2014 Jayco Redhawk 31XL View Listings

My husband and I have really enjoyed this RV. As a new motor home owner, I was nervous about driving and taking care of it. I found that this model is very easy to drive and I quickly learned how to operate it. We particularly like the bunkhouse as it affords a lot of space for sleeping or for storing our stuff when we travel alone.
- Kari, Arizona

2018-09-06 2019 Jayco Redhawk 25R View Listings

Traded in a 10 year old Coachmen 21QB, which we loved and had very few issues with. We were excited about the 25r, seemed to fit our needs, loved the size. This thing sucks. Irreparable ac issues (problem with the ducts, won’t cool) electrical gremlins, cracks in the cab over and below the slide out, interior falling apart, squishy floors. And the heralded Jayco ride is not that great. No better than the old Chevy chassis we had. Our dealer is doing an admirable job, but even considering “all RVs have quality issues”, I don’t think any dealer is set up to deal with this piece of crap. Family doesn’t want to use it. Brand new and can’t use it as intended. It’s just no fun.
- Mike, Arizona

2018-08-02 2017 Jayco Redhawk 26XD View Listings

Excellent motor home - with sway and vibration control systems for good driving. handles well, great floor plan, holds lots of water, fuel, and runs for days dry camping. v10 is powerful - averages 10mpg (could be better).
- Denny, Colorado

2018-05-20 2017 Jayco Redhawk 26XD View Listings

We purchased our Jayco 26 XD Red Hawk new in March 2017 and were very excited. Today it's a different story. We have issuse after issue. 11 so far.Some were resolved others are in limbo. One will not be corrected due to incompetent personnel. Case in point, No heat in bathroom. Only cold air out of the vent. APPARENTLY a LACK LUSTER in Quality Control. The claim of Amish employees working for Jayco with quality workmanship is a JOKE. Looks nice but that ends abruptly with the onset of PROBLEMS. Paying over $60,000 for this is nothing but GREED and THEFT by The JAYCO Corporation. BUYER BEWARE.
- Jude Trafficano, Louisiana