Jayco Precept Reviews on RV Insider (34)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Precept RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Rex Rexach from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Precept 35UN View Listings

Worst investment ever. My wife and I like it, we use it for a week in December. The main slde leaks its been in the dealer since January. Now the dealer said its a manufature problem and they can not fixe it. Call Jayco several times ,Im still waiting for an answer from them. This a brand new 2016 Jayco Precept in limbo, but im still making payments and storage fees. My advice stay away.... far away from this company and Tampa RVs. The service and sales are terrible. Dont fall for sale piches and 2 year waranty. The 2 year warranty dont mean a thing, much less the service.
- Rex Rexach, Florida

2020-03-29 2020 Jayco Precept 34G View Listings

After years of research and decisions, this last February 2020 my wife and I purchased a brand new 2020 Jayco Precept 34G (farmhouse, full body paint, washer/dryer, upgraded the rear 13.5 AC to 15k AC/HP, and added a Winegard Roadtrip T4 Satellite and Winegard C2 4G LTE WiFi. After doing all our research as well as reading many reviews of others' past experience with new RVs versus used in general, we expected to find "new RV issues" and "dealer/manufacturer support issues" to contend with as reported by others... However, this was NOT our experience. Our dealer, Vogt RV, DFW-Texas, was very helpful, responsive, and super easy to work with. We visited Vogt (and several others) over the past 2 years as we considered/debated whether to go Airstream, Class A, or Class B+/C, but we are so glad we went bigger and very happy we bought ours through Vogt. After our deposit, we spent roughly 10 cumulative hours prior to and on the day of our closing going through literally everything. We couldn't find anything wrong other than a few simple things (a cargo door adjustment, nav gps wire was not connected, a fog lamp wire hanging a bit low) - all of which was corrected on the spot. It felt, the less I could find, the closer I would look.... So, we closed without having to have a messy list of to-dos (and all our upgrades were done and inspected prior to the day of our closing). Then, after closing, we thought for sure we'd encounter something during any of our initial (three so far) shakedown weekend trips - but still nothing! Everything works perfectly and fit and finish are outstanding and solid. I am very picky but also realistic. We really love our new vacation home and feel that everything on this RV is very good. There is one thing that I think could be improved upon: I may add sound-deadening under the front structure/engine bay. The engine noise is a little louder during off-line acceleration, but it's not horrible and it quiets down nicely at cruising speed. I have to say that Jayco's team has done a fantastic job on the 2020 Precept 34G. From the older reviews (a few years old) to now, it's very clear that Jayco has listened and improved their build quality over the past several years and it really shows. We highly recommend this model for functionality, floor plan, quality (including the appliances), and esthetics. Jayco has really put a lot of thought and care into the design and build process for the Precept 34G and it shows! We feel very fortunate and perhaps a little lucky. My wife and I are looking forward to many years of fun touring around the country, vacationing with our kids and grandkids, and meeting others from across the US. Be safe and happy motoring.
- Ed Higgins, Texas

2020-03-24 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

I searched 4 states looking for it and it's awesome floorplan and smooth J-RIDE Plus system including extra shocks, front & rear sway bars all computer balanced!! You get the latest technology with side & rear cameras. One- hand easy Automatic hydralic leveling system! 7" LCD display can be used for all your music enjoyment, plus the GPS for routing your trip and be/DVD player! Marquis Gold 5500 generator that lets you watch movies in the Samsung 4K Blu-ray player 50" 4K tv in the LR or the BR 32" ROKU smart tv including the 4K bluray player and keep all your food in the fridge cold plus cooking in the XL convection/microwave oven. Need more counter space...long 3 drawer container holding all your cutlery, cooking utinsils and of course the wine bottle opener! You found the perfect site and you lower the leveling Jack's now you can put out you dinette, kitchen/loveseat and bedroom slides. Wait I want to make a grill cheese sandwich...perfect uncover the 3 burner gas cooktop and wala...while this kitchen activity is going on the kids go outside and open up the 16' power awning and place a few chairs out from inside the exterior RV storage compartments; 2 small, 2 full through coach with doors on both sides or the single rear storage where I keep my foldable chairs. With the awning up and the chair set we open the panel to the outside entertainment center with 39" led tv, single DVD player or you can send a movie from in the coach outside using the multichannel splitter provided! On the other(drivers) side other than storage compartments you find the 5500kw easy start generator, holding tanks bay for emptying your gray or black water old school way or use the new Thetford Sani-con turbo sewer system drains all gray and black tanks in minutes with 1 pipe only!! Next you'll find the water compartment with outside cold/hot shower, cable TV connection, whole RV water filtration system, connector for fresh water through standard male hose and flushing connections for all holding tanks. The last compartment you explore holds your 50' 50 amp 4 prong power cord with 3 prong adapter included. This coach is equipped with a Reese style hitch capable of towing 5000 lbs. All exterior windows are frameless and shaded inside with dual black mesh and a fabric shade. The bathroom on your right heading to the rear has a floor flush toilets and single sink with 2 sliding cabinet mirrors and storage drawers below with power fan overhead for venting. The panel on the wall below the light switch is your tankless water heater temperature controller. This is a balanced system so if the hold and cold water are close to the same flow you will never run out of hot water...NEVER RUN OUT OF HOT WATER!! The standard glass sliding doors are gone...replace with an extend a shower. When moving the arms fold in with all the shower curtain inside the shower base. Ready to take a shower then extend the bars out and you've created a larger and more comfortable shower experience. Ok ready to turn in on the master bed queen orthopedic top of the line mattress, or fold out the sofa loveseat in the LR to keep watching 50" 4K tv or lower the power up/down overhead cabin queen bed on wooden rails. There is much much more to highlight but your in personal tour will highlight everything.
- Donald Montgomery, North Carolina

2020-02-15 2020 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Had a 2008 HR Arista 310 but it got so that something was breaking or requiring attention every day. Bought the 2020 Precept 31UL in Mesa Az while on vacation. Wanted 3 slides like the Arista had and we liked the king bed, full size refer and theatre recliners in the 31UL. After driving back to Virginia we love the RV and have few complaints. It drives great. No more swerving every time a truck goes by and it pulls our 2014 Fusion Hybrid toad very well. The controls are all easy to reach when driving and the ride is smooth. Wish it had a little more horse power. My Collies have one complaint. The aisle when the front slides are closed is very narrow. They have to compete for who walks through first. The female wins most of the time. I think it is the look she gives the male. I do have one primary complaint. In today's age of electronics, why did JAYCO put "NON SMART" TVs in the rig. 3 of them!!! Smart TVs are probably a little more expensive than regular TVs, but come on, really!!! The shame is I didn't realize it until I was half way home to Virginia, and I was shocked. I had looked at several 2019 Precepts over the previous few months and they had smart TVs so I assumed the 2020 would too. Not sure if the TVs in the 2019s had been swapped out or not. My bad there for not paying closer attention to detail when looking at the 2020 RV. Rig is currently at a service center getting warranty items corrected that we discovered on the trip home. 18 of them. Nothing really major. Just little things you don't see right away. Overall we are very happy with the Precept and look forward to many fun trips in it. It will be our Summer home at the lake in New Hampshire and our Winter home in Arizona starting next year.
- Chuck Gusha, Virginia

2020-02-07 2016 Jayco Precept 35S View Listings

We searched for this specific make and model in January 2017 and found it. PDI was less than perfect but over time, JAYCO fixed absolutely everything and if they missed it, I fixed it! When meticulously maintained like this one, it's the perfect RV if you want a gas puller.Livability is great. Wonderful layout. Super good reefer with ice maker that won't quit. Theater recliners and upgraded TV/Blue Ray make evenings inside a pleasure. Outside TV/DVD/Reefer provide pleasant, relaxing warm evenings.King size dual air adjustable bed is great for a good night's sleep. Drivability is super even with TOAD tagging along. Alaska and back was a joy through the panoramic windshield.Lots of cabinet space inside and out. Truly our perfect RV. So why sell? We're getting old and have been traveling for 40 years. Simply put, we are done!
- anchorman, Florida

2020-01-23 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We traveled all the way to Florida and back with no issues. It has a very comfortable living space since 2 slides make the area very roomy. The TV lowers into a pocket so that there is extra light during the day. 4 door refrigerator gave us ample space to carry a lot of groceries. Heating and cooling great. Wardrobe and drawers offer great storage. The kitchen is a great configuration with an an extra pennisula for prep work We flat towed a Jeep Trailhawk with no problems. It made no difference in mileage. It is a pretty quiet ride and the J drive made for a stable travel. Having auto jack leveling, electric awning, GPS, outdoor entertainment center and an auto crush sewer made for easy camp break down. We have enjoyed the the smaller overall length because we were able to stay in any campground except in National Parks because most are 28 to 30 feet or less. We had a diamond shield covering put on when we purchased the RV and it has made it easy to keep clean. It has been a pleasure to travel in. I'm only selling it because I no longer have someone to travel and enjoy the sites of the US.
- Naomi Dawes, Washington

2020-01-13 2018 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Drives like you are in a much smaller motorhome, very easy. Tracks straight down the road. On demand hot water is amazing. If you want to take a 15 min shower, no problem the temperature never varies at all. King bed is also a big plus. 50" retractable TV is including a sound bar and suborder.
- Jim Daniel, Idaho

2019-11-23 2018 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Brand new 2018 precept 31ft. Precept. Right off the bat problems: The shower drain trap was installed backwards. Closet doors and trim falling off. Garmin doesn't work. Back up and side cameras didn't work. Toilet handle flusher broke off. Microwave/convection oven broke. Three safety recalls already issued. Televator was installed crooked and when it was lowered cut the wires. Turn indicator modulator had to be replaced. Kitchen sink seal leaked. Constantly finding more problems. It's been a nightmare, we will never purchase another Jayco.
- Edward, Washington

2019-10-20 2016 Jayco Precept 35UP View Listings

Just came across a review of the Jayco Precept 35 UP, and totally surprised and sad that someone with the same type of unit that we own, has had a totally different experience. We have enjoyed just about every aspect of our “second” home, and have never had any leaks, slide problems, ac problems, etc. Yes, we have experienced minor issues that come from rolling across the country- 50,000 miles in 3 years! Some trim has come loose, the cabinet bases are cheap and one of the shelves failed, our water pump just gave out-($150 fix). Yes, they are mass produced and it’s obvious, they are put together very quickly, but overall, we’ve been so happy with it. The layout is incredible. Love the big kitchen, and overhead bunk.
- Wendy Edwards, Alabama

2019-08-24 2016 Jayco Precept 35S View Listings

With a few minor adjustments to the chassis it drives great. As with all RVs there are problems and if you have the right support it is business as usual. If you have a bad dealer you had better get ready. We love this coach.
- Mark , Texas

2019-07-10 2016 Jayco Precept 35S View Listings

Bought new at the end of 2016. This motor home is my first. When we first started having problems my dealer told me that was normal. They said to expect at least 5 or 6 warranty issues in the first year. So when my TVs didn't work at the rv parks I called Jayco. They said they didn't know anything about it. They lied! The TVs they put in the 2016 Precepts don't work at any of the high end parks. They don't have CATV tuners in them. They are garbage. Jayco refuses to take care of the problem, so I will have to replace the garbage that Jayco put in my 100K plus motor home.
- Howard Hammons, California

2019-05-12 2019 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

This is a great RV for the price, the floor plan is easy to work with, it has good handling and great ride. The full body paint is amazing. Motorhome looks and drives great, this is IMO a great motorhome for a beginner Rv'er to a pro Rv'er, It all starts with what dealer you buy your motorhome from, we were very happy with our purchase from RV1 in Albany NY. The customer service so far has been excellent; Jayco motorized division provided us with a gift membership to "Coach-Net Basic RV" which provides technical support service along with roadside assistance. The bucket list is finally complete!!
- Dennis Morrill, New York

2019-05-06 2015 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Perfect RV for the family, tailgating, road trips, vacations, or for guests coming to Visit. Easy to drive and reliable. Excellent storage and overall floor plan is fantastic. Make sure you get the cab over option for additional sleeping. I highly recommend this RV.
- Jeremy, Florida

2019-02-13 2019 Jayco Precept 29V View Listings

We purchased a 2019 29v in june of 2018 . We have had some issues . But our dealer has been great at scheduling and doing repairs . A stress crack was found on the back . The dealer sent pictures to jayco and repair where approved . We where leaving for Florida for the winter . Our dealer has already made arrangements to have it repaired and scheduled the time in the spring . we have met many Rv owners and appears everyone has some problems .
- florida traveler, Ontario

2019-01-27 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

A lot of bang for your buck. With any F-53 ford chassis there upgrades to be done. There are a lot of features with the RV. Jayco 2 year warranty was great. I like the 3 slides with 2 opposing each other in the living room.
- Ernest Feltman, Georgia

2019-01-18 2017 Jayco Precept 35S View Listings

Own a 2017 Jayco Precept 35s, we like our unit and actually just bought it a couple of month ago. This unit is 1.5 years in service and already the left front head lamp led strip (daylight) is half burn and Jayco does not want to honors the warranty nor help has they say I am a second owner. This led strip is built in the lamp, so not much choice to replace it. We really like the floor plan, but now are stuck with a $800.00 lamp to replace on our own. I will be driving with this new still new unit with a burnt lamp this summer and waiting for the aftermarket world to have this available. I sure hope nothing else will stop working has we paid a good chunk for this unit and did not expect to spend some money in replacing parts already, only 6000km on this.
- Maurice Hupe, Ontario

2018-11-27 2016 Jayco Precept 35UP View Listings

I will not try to describe ALL of the issues that my wife and I have experience with this unit. But to summarize the nightmare would be compared to having a root canal once a month for two years!! What a piece of junk!! From the generator to the electrical to water leaks from the bathroom to the rear slide out. Also slide out issues with the main room slide that required over $3,000 to repair that I had to pay for. The craftsmanship of the unit is cheap. Cheap seals around doors and AC units. Had to replace front air after one month. Rear TV has never worked. Generator has faults continually while in use. It seems that the factory in Elk Hart really doesn’t care. They tell you the same story. You take it to the dealer and after 15 trips/calls they give up on you and tell you not to come back or call. But my unit is still not repaired. Live and learn... but please folks don’t buy a Jayco motorhome. I owned two other Jayco’s before this one... both Travel Trailers.. they were good units! But Jayco is not ready for the motor home business. Never again.
- Doug Thompson , Mississippi

2018-09-16 2015 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

Love the floor plan. Seats are not comfortable for driving but ok for lounging. The real issues are quality. It's always something. Drove horrible so I installed a steering stabilizer. AC VENT ISSUES ongoing. Driving lights won't adjust enough to be functional. I will never buy another Class A. Jayco sold out to Thor so they went to a new low.
- Sisco, Alabama

2018-09-02 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

This home is fantastic. Jride truly makes driving smooth and stable, absolutely no awaing while driving. The extra large windshield allows you a panoramic view. The floorplan is very livable. Both driver and passenger seat swivel to increase seating in living area. The shower and bathroom are separate. We love the abundance of storage both inside and underneath. Setup is a breeze with the pushbutton, self-leveling feature. We found that the gas mileage was much better than expected for a home this size. This home is beautifully appointed inside and out and offers all the comforts of home while traveling.
- Percy L. Shelton, Mississippi

2018-08-31 2017 Jayco Precept 36T View Listings

My disappointment with my Jayco rig is almost indescribable. I thought I was buying a good quality rig only to find the workmanship is awful. I bought my rig in late January and it has spent almost as much time at the dealer getting fixed as we have using it and we camp about 100 days per year. My issues have ranged from melting storage compartments to screws coming up through my floor. I understand if my A.C. goes out (which it did) is not necessarily a Jayco issue but most of the issues we have had are workmanship issues. For example, my latest issue was my 50 amp breaker started tripping even though we were only plugged into 30 amp service. So if we were pulling excess power the park 30 amp breaker should have tripped long before the rig's 50 amp. I pulled the breaker thinking I would try replacing it and found the wires were not tightened at all. They were completely loose which was causing the breaker to trip. There is no excuse for such terrible workmanship. I will never buy another Jayco product based upon the experience I have had with this supposedly high end Jayco coach.
- Greg Morton, California

2018-07-09 2018 Jayco Precept 29V View Listings

We have had a lot of trouble with minor repairs as things keep failing apart, i.e., water pump stopped working, cabinet door hinge came loose, bedroom drawer bottom fell out, manual window blinds not retracting on side windows, and the Garmin radio stopped connecting to the remote and the navigation stopped working. Finally, the rear end has a high pitched whine at 63 to 68 mph and we can't find a Ford dealer that has a heavy lift to fix it. I would never buy another Precept
- Dennis Hining, Texas

2017-08-22 2015 Jayco Precept 29UR View Listings

Bought the RV new off the lot. The best part of the purchase was the extended warranty because we've used it a lot. Based upon my experience with this, I'd never buy another Jayco. It drives well. The floor plan is really nice. But I have to plan on taking into the dealer to fix something after every trip.
- Ken Cluff, Utah

2017-06-02 2016 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We love the RV, it had some problems in the beginning, but Jayco stands behind their 2 yr Warranty and fixed everything! The floor plan of the 31UL is just enough for 2 people. Even if you are living fulltime, it would suffice. The refrigerator is full size with an ice maker and the hot water is continuous. Thats what really sold us on this rv.
- Sheila Conroy, South Carolina

2017-06-02 2017 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

On a return trip from TN we stopped in to a large RV dealer in ASHLAND, VA just to look at a PRECEPT. This model had all of our wish list items so we traded our 2103 Fleetwood in. We LOVE our 31UL even though we had several PDI items to correct. I was skeptical to purchase because of the negative reviews I was finding. We have not had a minutes worth of problems. I am still waiting for parts from the PDI since we are 5 hrs from dealer. I would buy another JAYCO if need be.
- Bill G, Delaware

2017-01-18 2015 Jayco Precept 31UL View Listings

We enjoy our Jayco class A. The only warranty work done has been to fix a slight leak on the front right auto leveler jack, and replace a cracked light lens under the microwave. Everything else has worked great and we are happy with the rig. Ours has the J ride package and performed very well driving through the Colombia river gorge (50 mph wind) last summer with a flat towed Equinox.
- Mike Walters, Michigan