Jayco Pinnacle

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Pinnacle RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Wayne R. from New Jersey says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

My wife & I fell in love with this Pinnacle after looking at 3 other $80,000 to $100,000 range 5th wheels. We took delivery of our model 36FBTS exactly 2 weeks ago and we have a list of issues: 1) broken light fixture, 2) broken antenna cable, 3) missing guides on sliding doors, 4) tires rubbing on top of wheel wells & slide outs, 5) toilet mounted too high & cracked the flange, 6) trunk door rubs & at times won't open, 7) two clearance lights falling out, 8) door on 1/2 bath warped, 9) very weak (almost NO) brakes, 10) construction debris on tops of slides chewing up the seals, 11) soft floor in main bath feels like it's ready to crack & give way. Overall, VERY BAD Quality Control. Looks like all Jayco is worried about is beating the clock. I owned a 1988 Jayco Designer 5th wheel, and the craftsmanship was far superior then what it is now. WHAT HAPPENED JAYCO ....NO PRIDE IN YOUR PRODUCT ANYMORE??? Thank God I have a GREAT dealer trying desperately to rectify my problems so that I can finally get on the road.
- Wayne R. , New Jersey

2021-09-22 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

I’ve had this camper for a short time. Besides this one I also have a 26 ft. Keystone 5th wheel. Since I am single and the smaller one is better for me to pull around the state, I decided to sell the larger one. My loss will be someone else’s gain.
- Dave Balvin, Iowa

2021-08-10 2021 Jayco Pinnacle 36RLTS View Listings

I purchased my 2021 RLTS with full body paint 600 miles from my home. The plan was to pickup my unit on Monday and stay in an RV resort next to the dealer for a week to shake out any bugs. Due to a nationwide recall for a leaky hot water heater and no replacements anywhere it took until late Friday before I could pick up my $114,000 RV. Late Friday I moved from my 2013 Jayco Eagle which was great to the new unit and had to head for home early Saturday. Biiig mistake. I should have stayed an extra week as the list of defects on this thing is long. Jayco customer support is next to worthless. The BMPRO System has never communicated with the leveling system. The dealer tried to contact Jayco prior to delivery, I contacted BMPRO in early June and as of 8/10 no response. I had a local dealer also attempt to contact them with no response. Without the BMPRO System operating the auto leveling system there is no way to set the zero point and the auto level is off. since it has the BMPRO Jayco did not install the leveling system controller with Bluetooth so no way to set level. 3 weeks after picking up the unit the $14,000 full body paint option has paint peeling on the nose cap and a chip broke off a rivet in the skirting, upon closer inspection there is a giant run in the paint on the nose. There is soft spot in the kitchen flooring that dips and squeaks when you step on it. It is between the island and coffee bar and hard to avoid. The Winegard 360 tv antenna reception is terrible unless you are near a major city. Where I am currently parked I used to get 28 channels with my Eagle and the old crank up antenna, I am currently receiving 4 channels and my neighbor is still getting 28 (JUNK). The WIFI router in the Wingard only works on 2.5 ghz and you will experience significant loss of speed using it compared to connecting your device to the source. The finish on all of the slide facias is terrible (white substance all over them, paint chips, looks like a possible issue in the clear coating). I knew this when I picked it up and the dealer ordered all new along with trim around the bedroom tv that was delivered broken from the factory. To this day no one can tell me how to secure the Whirlpool refrigerator doors for transit, for now my 2k refrigerator doors are held shut by a piece of duct tape in transit. Two months after taking delivery one of the seat heaters burned out and has to be ordered. Originally the BMPRO was not programmed for my heat pump but the local dealer was able to correct. One of the ceiling panels in the bedroom has bubbles in it probably poor adhesive. After 3 months I think all the debris is out of the main a/c ducts, it sure would have been nice if they would have blown it out at the factory while it was all opened up. The trim on the lower bathroom door trim is popping off and while I was inspecting that I noticed a flooring screw was backing out/was never sunk and pushing up into the linoleum. One of the bedroom closet doors is off track at the bottom. The middle drawer in the kitchen was off tract but I was able to fix. Trim above entry door is loose and one of the screws for the entry door blind pulled out the first time I moved the blind. Having had a 2013 Jayco Eagle HT for 7 years and having no issues combined with some guy claiming to be "the RV Nerd" putting out a video tour of the Jayco plant and all the "QC" that happens on the production line combined with a national shortage forcing me to buy from a dealer 600 miles combined into me making a big mistake in this purchase. I should have walked away and waited until supply recovers and Jayco isn't rushing units out the door and having dealers fix all the issues. 3 weeks after my last trip to the dealer and they still hadn't written up all the issues and sent them in for warranty ,claim approval to fix. Had Jayco slowed down and taken the time to build my coach right I would absolutely love it. My complaints would have been putting the 5 gallon fresh water jug in the center of the basement forcing you to empty the basement to change. I'd be asking them to cut back on the copious amount of bedroom pillows and put the money into HDMI receptacles in the cabinet above the main tv so you didn't have to have a cable sticking out of the front of the stereo to watch DVDs or game. I'd also ask for smart tvs since their choice in tv antennas is horrendous and it is the 21st century. BTW if you get one with the Whirlpool residential fridge, the water shutoffs for the icemaker are in hidden panels, one in the cabinet left of the stove, the other in the island in the cabinet under the water pump on/off switch. Even with all the defects and poor quality control I really do like my RV. I looked long and hard and until you spend a lot more money I don't think you can get a better unit, just make sure you go over every inch of it before you sign the paperwork and be prepared to walk away if the dealer won't/can't correct prior to delivery.
- Dan, South Carolina

2021-07-26 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

Absolutely LOVE my Jayco Pinnacle...this rig has more room than can be used, its a home on wheels with all the wanted comforts! If theres one thing i will miss is the AMAZING residential fridge that has the BEST ice crusher EVER. i love everything about this 5th wheel, from the ice maker to the awesome theater seats to the cozy fireplace! excellent craftsmanship ya cant go wrong with a JAYCO, this is our 3rd one, we just kept going bigger!
- stephanie, Louisiana

2021-04-22 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We love our RV, however we have had several issues. First the RV gets very hot in the summer, was wondering if anyone else have issues with the RV not cooling. Second the love seat actually broke had to replace and of course not covered under extended warranty.
- Buffi Post, Alabama

2021-03-30 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Bought a 2019 Jayco in January 1920 has a two year warranty had a number of issues leaving the lot still having issues with it a year later no help from Jayco a Bish a RVing an Kearney is worthless finally got some help from this RV out of Lincoln but I still have about $20,000 worth of warranty work to do on this unit everybody run from Jayco don’t buy their junk their junk anymore they don’t care what they put out just get them out the door and screw everybody hundred thousand dollars worth of junk anybody looking to buy an RV do not look at Jayco they don’t take care of their customers and they will just put you off and put you off i’ve owned many fifth wheels and never had this kind of problems with him this Jayco is one of the biggest pieces of junk I’ve ever seen shower drain wasn’t hooked up washer hook ups leaked from the factory rust got to be replaced front door don’t seal from the handle down back window seal broke on the thermal pane windows the big kitchen slide with the refrigerator and TV in it won’t pull in right the leveling system don’t work right back up camera quit working screws coming up through the bedroom floor bedroom floor feels weak front decals are cracking from the factory brand new furnace quit working after we use it about four timesI think there needs to be a class action lawsuit filed against Jayco pinnacle Storage compartment door don’t open right screws coming out of the outside metal and I could go on and on and on it just seems every day there’s something new going wrongEverybody run from Jayco do not buy them
- Marty stover, Nebraska

2021-03-01 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 38REFS View Listings

Wife and I retired in 2019 and purchased 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 38 REFS. This was our third fifth wheel. We had two Jayco Eagles prior to moving up to this one and had excellent experience over the last ten years. If you want to go full time, this should be your choice hands down. We lived full time in it and traveled some and have had no significant issues. Two warranty claims one of which was a recall notice on the fridge cooling unit which they replaced and the other was on the oven door glass. Outside of that, no issues. It's beautiful and luxurious and works wonderfully in hot or cold weather. The floor plan really works and you can sleep up to seven. Two on the bed, two on each fold out couch and one on the recliner for the small kids. Our grands visit us from time to time and that's how we work it. You will need a 3500 dually to pull it not because of the GVWR but because of the payload.
- Rocco Rutledge, Arizona

2021-02-22 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS View Listings

This fifth wheel I purchased was the biggest waste of money ever! Not even a month after I purchased it my washer was leaking soaked my closet floor, my shower was leaking and flooded my bedroom floor, my kitchen sink is leaking which flooded my kitchen floor. My cabinets have fallen off, the stitching in my furniture is coming apart, the fake wood they have in these trailers are discolored and starting to fade to a white color, underneath and nose in the trailer there is a bunch of garbage and debris from the manufacturers, screws everywhere they even left the debris on the floor inside the trailer and laid the linoleum right over it. My hot water is not working my blinds are not opening and shredding apart. I had to take it in and have some of these repairs done and when I brought it back home my outside lights were no longer working and there was damage to the vent in my stairs that wasn't there before it went to the shop. The service man that comes out to our trailer is very knowledgeable and very friendly but it takes months to get the parts in that we need, this is an absolutely horrible trailer and I would never buy another Jayco again. I want out from under this trailer, biggest waste of money. Even though I have a two year warranty I am starting to get charged when they come out.
- Shaunda Oates, Oklahoma

2021-02-10 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

I LOVE everything about this RIG. The size and storage is amazing and you don't feel like you are camping. This could easily be a FULL-time home. Warranty issues have gone well and nothing that isn't just normal maintenance. Hate to depart with her, but unable to travel anymore! Our loss.
- Gina Bell, Florida

2020-10-26 2012 Jayco Pinnacle 34RLTS View Listings

Lived in this travel trailer for 1.5 years. It was a great experience. This 5th wheel has everything you need. Would make a great camper for a family looking to make lots of memories. Cons- the 4 season insulation could be better but was the best I’ve seen so far.
- Drew Dreadfulwater, Oklahoma

2020-09-23 2013 Jayco Pinnacle 34RLTS View Listings

I am the original owner. I was only able to use it two to three times a year for the first five years. The Last year and a half I have used it a dozen times. I have enjoyed camping in it and I did not plan on selling it. This is why it has new tires, and a new $1500.00 Pin Box. The generator is more than the trailer needs. It has less than 100 hrs on it and always worked when I needed it. The bed is a King Size Bed. The Couch also pulls out to make a double size bed. All the interior is in perfect condition. No rips, tears or signs of wear. The trailer pulls great with the new pin box. No chucking.
- Mike, California

2020-08-04 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We love our Jayco Pinnacle it has auto jack system, easy to set up and handles great on the road. Also has a huge Master Bedroom with double sinks and a large closet plus a linen closet. Has a half bath off the kitchen.
- Rebecca Lawrence, Michigan

2020-06-27 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

This is our first RV. We shopped for a fifth wheel for a few years and went to several RV shows. We fell in love with the 2017 Jayco floor plan ie the 1 1/2 baths. However, the front toilet, off the bedroom, clogs up frequently. Has anyone else, with this model, experienced the same issue?
- Vicki Morgan , Utah

2020-06-20 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

This has been a great 5Th wheel for me. I had a couple of warranty issues in the beginning and Jayco stood behind their product. The front living room design is a great entertainment area. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Jayco Pinnacle again.
- Mark, Michigan

2020-05-23 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

this 5th wheel is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. We used it for 2 weeks. The Fridge quit, the microwave died, the slide leaks, the nose cap is coming off, the awning quit........ there were 15 things on the repair list. It has been in the shop for NINE months, there is a suspension recall that we have been waiting to have fixed since January. The work has not started, they have no plan at this point its been at the dealers longer than we have had it home. I am at my wits end. I dont know what to do. The dealer blames Jayco and I am still waiting for our unit. What do I do?
- Julia Sundeol, British Columbia

2020-05-01 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

ideal for full time RV all the luxury you want. Very easy to pull and setup when you arrive at your camp site with the auto leveling. The bedroom has big slide out and a residential king bed that will rival your bed at home Along with quiet AC.
- Larry, Florida

2020-02-06 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36RSQS View Listings

Love the RV, although the Franklin furniture only lasted 3 years before it began to deteriorate. Jayco will not stand behind there product and after spending $90k it is very disappointing. Be aware of this before buying a Jayco product.
- Fred Collins , Louisiana

2020-01-21 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

This is our 4th Jayco. Traded our 2001 Designer 3610 (which never gave us any problems) for 2016 Pinnacle FBTS because of extra 1/2 bath. Big mistake. The Schwintek slide system is the absolute WORST PIECE OF GARBAGE - underpowered, gets out of sync easily (yes, we followed all directions re: level RV, holding the slide button for an extra 10 seconds after the slide goes in/out, clean the slide tracks, etc.), won't extend or retract completely, slides in or out crookedly and despite manual override - still won't close/open correctly. Had two RV certified techs who had Schwintek training "fix" the problem. Worked once or twice, then same problem. Of course all of this occurred 2 months after warranty. Jayco would not help, local Jayco RV dealer can't guarantee the problem can be found/fixed and Lippert basically told us "tough luck". To add insult to injury, the residential frig died - had a Jayco tech as well as the refrigerator tech for the model we had try and repair the unit and were told the leak was in the side of the frig and we would have to get a new one. To a tune of $800 to remove the old frig which was a major issue since the frig was put on the slide prior to the slide being attached to the coach, and a new, smaller frig was put in its place. This cost was in addition to the cost of the frig. The entire door/frame had to be removed and the old frig had to be taken apart before it could be lifted over the kitchen island and removed. Then, a new smaller frig was placed in the unit. Of course, out of warranty and no help from Jayco. Additionally, the furnace did not work at the beginning of the third season and had to be repaired. We have spent over 3,000 in repairs. This coach is a LEMON. I would NEVER buy a Jayco product again. Get the run-around from Lippert re: Schwintek slides. Who is the idiotic engineer who thought it was a good idea to put a residential frig, stove, fireplace, big screen TV and microwave on one slide????? It's problematic from the start. The other slide with the theatre seating and kitchen table does not have the Schwintek slide system and it works perfectly. Our 2001 Designer NEVER had a problem with the slides. Of course it didn't have the Schwintek slide system, either. This 2016 Pinnacle has only been driven on interstates and for the past two years is on a permanent site in Florida. We are afraid to even think of moving it - since the slide is so unreliable. Run, don't walk, away from ANY coach that has this miserable, underpowered, finnicky, unreliable slide system. I'm so sorry I ever bought this coach and would NEVER buy another Jayco again. Sad because our 2001 was reliable and the slides NEVER EVER gave us a problem.
- Sharon, Illinois

2019-11-26 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We sold our property and went full-time RV'ing for over 14,000 miles, almost a year. After 2 other RVs, including a smaller Grand Design 5th wheel (not four seasons) and a Tiffin Phaeton 40' motorhome. Loved the motorhome EXCEPT for the expense. This 39'9" Jayco Pinnacle 5th Wheel is VERY livable, plenty of storage, and the master bath and half bath at entry are very comfortable. YES, we had many small issues and before we set out to adventure and again when we returned for holidays, dealer was able to repair or replace all problems. I believe that all new RVs come from the factory with issues, so the key is a great dealer service department! Now that all problems have been resolved, this RV is solid and performs well. I would buy another Jayco, but would buy a used model that could prove regular maintenance and all warranty work complete. Like ours!
- Janelle Keirns, Colorado

2019-11-13 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

Have not had any negative experience's with this unit. We love the floor plan with the front living, large side by side residential refrigerator, large sit down shower, large bedroom with a residential king size bed, auto leveling and auto return to tow vehicle height, premium Good Year tires with 6 year guarantee, mor-ride fifth wheel pin hook up, mor-ride suspension. This unit pulls better than anything I have had in the past (2ea tt and 3 fifth wheels) This is pure luxury and will compete very well with anything out there plus the Pinnacle will turn a lot of heads in the campground. Ideal for full time rver's or anyone who love the upper end of anything.
- Larry Dunlevy, Florida

2019-10-18 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

First is how the unit travels: I have no problems traveling, it pulls and maneuvers very easy and a longer unit is easy to back compared to a shorter unit. I use a Ford F250 power stroke and the truck has no issues pulling or handling the unit and I get 11 mpg loaded. Second: Once at your campsite you unhook and pull out from fifth wheel push the auto level and your done. Third: all 5 slides work great both out and in
- lkdunl, Florida

2019-10-09 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

We have owned 3 fifth wheels prior to this unit and by far this unit outshines the others in towing ability, conveyance in setting up at the camp site and living conveyance. The overall quality of the unit far surpasses the other three units and they had good reviews for quality. (Open Range when Open Range did the building of the units when they first came out.)
- Larry Dunlevy, Florida

2019-09-09 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 38REFS View Listings

I bought a 2018 Jayco pinnacle 38refs. I purchased used about 6 moths old. Took on a few short trips and everything was good. So took it on a road trip, with in 3 weeks it was falling apart. all the screws inside and out were coming loose even coming up through the floor and I mean 90% of all screws. Spent a day tightening all them back. Lots of trouble with slide motors not working right. Long story short this 5th wheel was literally falling apart. I guess that's why it was traded in so soon. Jayco has a 2 year warranty so I called them and sent pictures of the screws coming up through the floor and all the other problems. They would do nothing because warranty does not transfer to another owner like the auto industry has. we as consumers need for this industry to be regulated for lemons like the automobiles car fax with a rv fax. I have read plenty of other reviews on jayco and I see alot of problems with them. So people be wise before buying your Rv 5th wheel or travel trailer and do some research because these companies don't care because they are not regulated for quality products. I love the 5th wheel. The livability is great but the quality is terrible.
- Richard Webb, Florida

2019-09-08 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLWS View Listings

well we have been camping for a long time started out in a tent went to a pop up then had a small travel trailer for a short time. stopped camping for a few years. do to work and school have three daughters. We started to look for a new camper, I searched the internet for over a year.we looked at a lot of camper then we narrowed it down to a 5th wheel, in hope of spending time in the south for the colder months.my two grand sons race motocross while we were at one of the races one of the other grandparents who where there had a pinnacle only it was the rear living front bedroom.so we went to a few places near us one was campers world!in ulster county new York all they seem interested in was getting it financed thru them the same day we looked at it. they tried to get us to buy a left over 2017 model when we wanted a 2018. them someone told us about Albany r v . I must say that we were treated very nice most of the people that work there new what they were talking about.we looked at a few models and went back home to decide. this was about mid December. we seen that they were having a r v show near Albany n y , so I called my son-in-law and we went to the show and I purchased the pinnacle 38flws that day. along with the camper we got the 5th wheel hitch and it was installed along with a 3300 powerhouse generator included in the price. and we got a real nice deal. way better than the other one we got the 2018 for less money than the 2017. ( buy the way I ran into the people that purchased the 2017 and they had nothing but trouble with it from day one ) now is when the sad part comes. we made a date to take delivery and the salesman was not even there! it took them all day long just to install they 5th wheel hitch. we were told that we would get transportation to and from a place to get some lunch. my son-in-law had to complain to a mgr. just to get someone to take us, they just gave us a car to use. yep it had no gas in it. still no sign of the salesman. well we had the demo if that is what you would call it.this young guy walked us thru the unit and all he did was say this is the control panel this is a light switch ,the stove oven refrigerator,and so on . my son in law had to speak up a few times and so did I ,I asked how come it was in the level position and opened like it was instead of starting from the start. so we had them close it down and start from the start like we had just got to a camp ground. well after that we got all hooked up and I was so nervous I had to let my soninlaw drive home. I do ok now lol .so far we like the Jayco pinnacle we have got a lot og good complements on it.after we got it home we set it up and then that's when we noticed a few things just was not right so we called and tak with the sales man . told us he would get back to us, good thing we did not hold our breath.we would still be holding it.then we had a few othe small things go wrong.with no luck from the dealer. tried to call the a few times even called other stores that they have . we are still wating for the original things to get fixed , and now we cant even get it to go up or down we have the 4 point automatic hall effect electric leveling system on it and all we get is that there is a R/F jack error cant seem to figure it out we call Jayco they tell us to call Lippert. we called the guy was nice buti just could not understand what he was saying. will try to call again .and may hopefully he will have the time to walk me thru the problem and how to fix it from what I have seen on the internet seems easy but I am afraid I might damage it more . Well JAYCO now is you turn to step up and help. we have called you and told you of a few things and asked you to talk with the dealer about helping us but we get no wear. do not get me wrong I can take a few dings here or there or a small scratch but some things you just have to say something about .I must say that after all that we have been thru we still like the Jayco. it is all we ever wanted in a camper. I will say this my wife's friend has showed her the new one that they are getting and that is all my wife talks about and all us real men know that the wifey is the main person that has to be happy. and my wife just loves the Grandesign r v with the front living just like we have and the rear bedroom with the small garage or storage what ever you want to call it but I know our Kawasaki mule fits in it so we are thinking lot. just read and think a little more like I said the pinnacle is a nice unit buy if these thing are not taken care of soon here we come Grandesign. Gene & deb
- gene & deb , New York

2019-08-17 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS View Listings

August 17. 2019 Purchased our 5th wheel in Nov 2018. First big trip started June 4th 2019...travelled only 371 mi.the first day. Went to leave the first campground and large bedroom slide would not retract. Couldn't find any mobile RV techs as it was a Sat. Found one on Monday and it took 5 days to determine problem, order parts and get it repaired. Both motors needed replacing. Continued our trip cross country and now ready to leave this campground 2 months later and same slide will not retract. In addition to many what I would call "small problems" compared to this, we also found a crack on the outside near the bottom corner of the slide. One of the techs at Jayco said it's a design flaw that the "slide in slide" is too heavy and will take 3 weeks to repair it once we get back home. So here we are again...stuck, disappointed and frustrated. We are starting to regret the purchase of this Jayco 5th wheel! Unfortunately it's a Saturday so have to wait until Monday to talk to someone at Jayco. Would love to know if any other owners of this model are experiencing problems.
- Rebecca Goodwin, California