Jayco Pinnacle Reviews on RV Insider (48)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Pinnacle RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Wayne R. from New Jersey says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

My wife & I fell in love with this Pinnacle after looking at 3 other $80,000 to $100,000 range 5th wheels. We took delivery of our model 36FBTS exactly 2 weeks ago and we have a list of issues: 1) broken light fixture, 2) broken antenna cable, 3) missing guides on sliding doors, 4) tires rubbing on top of wheel wells & slide outs, 5) toilet mounted too high & cracked the flange, 6) trunk door rubs & at times won't open, 7) two clearance lights falling out, 8) door on 1/2 bath warped, 9) very weak (almost NO) brakes, 10) construction debris on tops of slides chewing up the seals, 11) soft floor in main bath feels like it's ready to crack & give way. Overall, VERY BAD Quality Control. Looks like all Jayco is worried about is beating the clock. I owned a 1988 Jayco Designer 5th wheel, and the craftsmanship was far superior then what it is now. WHAT HAPPENED JAYCO ....NO PRIDE IN YOUR PRODUCT ANYMORE??? Thank God I have a GREAT dealer trying desperately to rectify my problems so that I can finally get on the road.
- Wayne R. , New Jersey

2020-10-26 2012 Jayco Pinnacle 34RLTS View Listings

Lived in this travel trailer for 1.5 years. It was a great experience. This 5th wheel has everything you need. Would make a great camper for a family looking to make lots of memories. Cons- the 4 season insulation could be better but was the best I’ve seen so far.
- Drew Dreadfulwater, Oklahoma

2020-09-23 2013 Jayco Pinnacle 34RLTS View Listings

I am the original owner. I was only able to use it two to three times a year for the first five years. The Last year and a half I have used it a dozen times. I have enjoyed camping in it and I did not plan on selling it. This is why it has new tires, and a new $1500.00 Pin Box. The generator is more than the trailer needs. It has less than 100 hrs on it and always worked when I needed it. The bed is a King Size Bed. The Couch also pulls out to make a double size bed. All the interior is in perfect condition. No rips, tears or signs of wear. The trailer pulls great with the new pin box. No chucking.
- Mike, California

2020-08-04 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We love our Jayco Pinnacle it has auto jack system, easy to set up and handles great on the road. Also has a huge Master Bedroom with double sinks and a large closet plus a linen closet. Has a half bath off the kitchen.
- Rebecca Lawrence, Michigan

2020-06-27 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

This is our first RV. We shopped for a fifth wheel for a few years and went to several RV shows. We fell in love with the 2017 Jayco floor plan ie the 1 1/2 baths. However, the front toilet, off the bedroom, clogs up frequently. Has anyone else, with this model, experienced the same issue?
- Vicki Morgan , Utah

2020-06-20 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

This has been a great 5Th wheel for me. I had a couple of warranty issues in the beginning and Jayco stood behind their product. The front living room design is a great entertainment area. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Jayco Pinnacle again.
- Mark, Michigan

2020-05-23 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

this 5th wheel is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. We used it for 2 weeks. The Fridge quit, the microwave died, the slide leaks, the nose cap is coming off, the awning quit........ there were 15 things on the repair list. It has been in the shop for NINE months, there is a suspension recall that we have been waiting to have fixed since January. The work has not started, they have no plan at this point its been at the dealers longer than we have had it home. I am at my wits end. I dont know what to do. The dealer blames Jayco and I am still waiting for our unit. What do I do?
- Julia Sundeol, British Columbia

2020-05-01 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

ideal for full time RV all the luxury you want. Very easy to pull and setup when you arrive at your camp site with the auto leveling. The bedroom has big slide out and a residential king bed that will rival your bed at home Along with quiet AC.
- Larry, Florida

2020-02-06 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36RSQS View Listings

Love the RV, although the Franklin furniture only lasted 3 years before it began to deteriorate. Jayco will not stand behind there product and after spending $90k it is very disappointing. Be aware of this before buying a Jayco product.
- Fred Collins , Louisiana

2020-01-21 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

This is our 4th Jayco. Traded our 2001 Designer 3610 (which never gave us any problems) for 2016 Pinnacle FBTS because of extra 1/2 bath. Big mistake. The Schwintek slide system is the absolute WORST PIECE OF GARBAGE - underpowered, gets out of sync easily (yes, we followed all directions re: level RV, holding the slide button for an extra 10 seconds after the slide goes in/out, clean the slide tracks, etc.), won't extend or retract completely, slides in or out crookedly and despite manual override - still won't close/open correctly. Had two RV certified techs who had Schwintek training "fix" the problem. Worked once or twice, then same problem. Of course all of this occurred 2 months after warranty. Jayco would not help, local Jayco RV dealer can't guarantee the problem can be found/fixed and Lippert basically told us "tough luck". To add insult to injury, the residential frig died - had a Jayco tech as well as the refrigerator tech for the model we had try and repair the unit and were told the leak was in the side of the frig and we would have to get a new one. To a tune of $800 to remove the old frig which was a major issue since the frig was put on the slide prior to the slide being attached to the coach, and a new, smaller frig was put in its place. This cost was in addition to the cost of the frig. The entire door/frame had to be removed and the old frig had to be taken apart before it could be lifted over the kitchen island and removed. Then, a new smaller frig was placed in the unit. Of course, out of warranty and no help from Jayco. Additionally, the furnace did not work at the beginning of the third season and had to be repaired. We have spent over 3,000 in repairs. This coach is a LEMON. I would NEVER buy a Jayco product again. Get the run-around from Lippert re: Schwintek slides. Who is the idiotic engineer who thought it was a good idea to put a residential frig, stove, fireplace, big screen TV and microwave on one slide????? It's problematic from the start. The other slide with the theatre seating and kitchen table does not have the Schwintek slide system and it works perfectly. Our 2001 Designer NEVER had a problem with the slides. Of course it didn't have the Schwintek slide system, either. This 2016 Pinnacle has only been driven on interstates and for the past two years is on a permanent site in Florida. We are afraid to even think of moving it - since the slide is so unreliable. Run, don't walk, away from ANY coach that has this miserable, underpowered, finnicky, unreliable slide system. I'm so sorry I ever bought this coach and would NEVER buy another Jayco again. Sad because our 2001 was reliable and the slides NEVER EVER gave us a problem.
- Sharon, Illinois

2019-11-26 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We sold our property and went full-time RV'ing for over 14,000 miles, almost a year. After 2 other RVs, including a smaller Grand Design 5th wheel (not four seasons) and a Tiffin Phaeton 40' motorhome. Loved the motorhome EXCEPT for the expense. This 39'9" Jayco Pinnacle 5th Wheel is VERY livable, plenty of storage, and the master bath and half bath at entry are very comfortable. YES, we had many small issues and before we set out to adventure and again when we returned for holidays, dealer was able to repair or replace all problems. I believe that all new RVs come from the factory with issues, so the key is a great dealer service department! Now that all problems have been resolved, this RV is solid and performs well. I would buy another Jayco, but would buy a used model that could prove regular maintenance and all warranty work complete. Like ours!
- Janelle Keirns, Colorado

2019-11-13 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

Have not had any negative experience's with this unit. We love the floor plan with the front living, large side by side residential refrigerator, large sit down shower, large bedroom with a residential king size bed, auto leveling and auto return to tow vehicle height, premium Good Year tires with 6 year guarantee, mor-ride fifth wheel pin hook up, mor-ride suspension. This unit pulls better than anything I have had in the past (2ea tt and 3 fifth wheels) This is pure luxury and will compete very well with anything out there plus the Pinnacle will turn a lot of heads in the campground. Ideal for full time rver's or anyone who love the upper end of anything.

2019-10-18 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

First is how the unit travels: I have no problems traveling, it pulls and maneuvers very easy and a longer unit is easy to back compared to a shorter unit. I use a Ford F250 power stroke and the truck has no issues pulling or handling the unit and I get 11 mpg loaded. Second: Once at your campsite you unhook and pull out from fifth wheel push the auto level and your done. Third: all 5 slides work great both out and in
- lkdunl, Florida

2019-10-09 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

We have owned 3 fifth wheels prior to this unit and by far this unit outshines the others in towing ability, conveyance in setting up at the camp site and living conveyance. The overall quality of the unit far surpasses the other three units and they had good reviews for quality. (Open Range when Open Range did the building of the units when they first came out.)

2019-09-09 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 38REFS View Listings

I bought a 2018 Jayco pinnacle 38refs. I purchased used about 6 moths old. Took on a few short trips and everything was good. So took it on a road trip, with in 3 weeks it was falling apart. all the screws inside and out were coming loose even coming up through the floor and I mean 90% of all screws. Spent a day tightening all them back. Lots of trouble with slide motors not working right. Long story short this 5th wheel was literally falling apart. I guess that's why it was traded in so soon. Jayco has a 2 year warranty so I called them and sent pictures of the screws coming up through the floor and all the other problems. They would do nothing because warranty does not transfer to another owner like the auto industry has. we as consumers need for this industry to be regulated for lemons like the automobiles car fax with a rv fax. I have read plenty of other reviews on jayco and I see alot of problems with them. So people be wise before buying your Rv 5th wheel or travel trailer and do some research because these companies don't care because they are not regulated for quality products. I love the 5th wheel. The livability is great but the quality is terrible.
- Richard Webb, Florida

2019-09-08 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLWS View Listings

well we have been camping for a long time started out in a tent went to a pop up then had a small travel trailer for a short time. stopped camping for a few years. do to work and school have three daughters. We started to look for a new camper, I searched the internet for over a year.we looked at a lot of camper then we narrowed it down to a 5th wheel, in hope of spending time in the south for the colder months.my two grand sons race motocross while we were at one of the races one of the other grandparents who where there had a pinnacle only it was the rear living front bedroom.so we went to a few places near us one was campers world!in ulster county new York all they seem interested in was getting it financed thru them the same day we looked at it. they tried to get us to buy a left over 2017 model when we wanted a 2018. them someone told us about Albany r v . I must say that we were treated very nice most of the people that work there new what they were talking about.we looked at a few models and went back home to decide. this was about mid December. we seen that they were having a r v show near Albany n y , so I called my son-in-law and we went to the show and I purchased the pinnacle 38flws that day. along with the camper we got the 5th wheel hitch and it was installed along with a 3300 powerhouse generator included in the price. and we got a real nice deal. way better than the other one we got the 2018 for less money than the 2017. ( buy the way I ran into the people that purchased the 2017 and they had nothing but trouble with it from day one ) now is when the sad part comes. we made a date to take delivery and the salesman was not even there! it took them all day long just to install they 5th wheel hitch. we were told that we would get transportation to and from a place to get some lunch. my son-in-law had to complain to a mgr. just to get someone to take us, they just gave us a car to use. yep it had no gas in it. still no sign of the salesman. well we had the demo if that is what you would call it.this young guy walked us thru the unit and all he did was say this is the control panel this is a light switch ,the stove oven refrigerator,and so on . my son in law had to speak up a few times and so did I ,I asked how come it was in the level position and opened like it was instead of starting from the start. so we had them close it down and start from the start like we had just got to a camp ground. well after that we got all hooked up and I was so nervous I had to let my soninlaw drive home. I do ok now lol .so far we like the Jayco pinnacle we have got a lot og good complements on it.after we got it home we set it up and then that's when we noticed a few things just was not right so we called and tak with the sales man . told us he would get back to us, good thing we did not hold our breath.we would still be holding it.then we had a few othe small things go wrong.with no luck from the dealer. tried to call the a few times even called other stores that they have . we are still wating for the original things to get fixed , and now we cant even get it to go up or down we have the 4 point automatic hall effect electric leveling system on it and all we get is that there is a R/F jack error cant seem to figure it out we call Jayco they tell us to call Lippert. we called the guy was nice buti just could not understand what he was saying. will try to call again .and may hopefully he will have the time to walk me thru the problem and how to fix it from what I have seen on the internet seems easy but I am afraid I might damage it more . Well JAYCO now is you turn to step up and help. we have called you and told you of a few things and asked you to talk with the dealer about helping us but we get no wear. do not get me wrong I can take a few dings here or there or a small scratch but some things you just have to say something about .I must say that after all that we have been thru we still like the Jayco. it is all we ever wanted in a camper. I will say this my wife's friend has showed her the new one that they are getting and that is all my wife talks about and all us real men know that the wifey is the main person that has to be happy. and my wife just loves the Grandesign r v with the front living just like we have and the rear bedroom with the small garage or storage what ever you want to call it but I know our Kawasaki mule fits in it so we are thinking lot. just read and think a little more like I said the pinnacle is a nice unit buy if these thing are not taken care of soon here we come Grandesign. Gene & deb
- gene & deb , New York

2019-08-17 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS View Listings

August 17. 2019 Purchased our 5th wheel in Nov 2018. First big trip started June 4th 2019...travelled only 371 mi.the first day. Went to leave the first campground and large bedroom slide would not retract. Couldn't find any mobile RV techs as it was a Sat. Found one on Monday and it took 5 days to determine problem, order parts and get it repaired. Both motors needed replacing. Continued our trip cross country and now ready to leave this campground 2 months later and same slide will not retract. In addition to many what I would call "small problems" compared to this, we also found a crack on the outside near the bottom corner of the slide. One of the techs at Jayco said it's a design flaw that the "slide in slide" is too heavy and will take 3 weeks to repair it once we get back home. So here we are again...stuck, disappointed and frustrated. We are starting to regret the purchase of this Jayco 5th wheel! Unfortunately it's a Saturday so have to wait until Monday to talk to someone at Jayco. Would love to know if any other owners of this model are experiencing problems.
- Rebecca Goodwin, California

2019-08-08 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Many thoughtless design flaws, e.g., wash basins located so far under overhanging cabinets that any attempt to wash your face will lead to injury. Slide out in bedroom is so low that more head bumps are inevitable. Sinks in baths are also ridiculously small. Dining table is too narrow for supposed "live-in" theme of this fifth wheel. Inadequate storage in kitchen and bedroom. Kitchen storage issue is more understandable because half bath uses space that could be in kitchen. Bedroom storage could have been easily doubled by adding cabinets on either side of dresser and adding storage overtop of a larger bed slide-out. Our entertainment system has a sound bar where earlier versions had a drawer...but no wires connect to the absolutely useless sound bar. The massage function on one seat won't turn off, had to disconnect wires. Hot water output is way too hot and can't be lowered. Four screws found lying on the ground or floor so far, indicating shoddy construction and quality control. The middle two auto levelers would not lower; we had to block-up and wedge under them. Our dealer was horrible. After giving us a signed "We owe" paper to get our money, they did not honor the agreement to install missing bedside tables at our nearby campsite and in fact didn't even give us the mounting brackets to install them ourselves. We have seen other front-bath fifth wheels that don't have the same wash basin and storage issues, so look around before buying the 36FBTS.
- Jim Reed, Maryland

2019-08-07 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Ordered a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS. Unit was camped in twice. On second camping trip noticed lower toilet leaking. Found the water line to toilet was gobbed with sealant from Jayco. Also slide-out seals were falling off. Contacted Jayco and they were reluctant to fix toilet and was basically told too bad for slide-out seals. Jayco Customer Service sux. Will not purchase another jayco product.
- Calvin Tyson, Georgia

2019-07-30 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 38REFS View Listings

After shopping for higher quality RV my wife and I decided to purchase the 42’ - 2 bedroom pinnacle. It is suppose to be long term stay RV, I use for work and stay in it 4 days a week in southeast NM while I work away from home, Pinnacle was purchased at Pharr RV in Lubbock TX, I have had hell trying to get warranty work completed on this camper from Pharr rv or going straight thru to Jayco. Bedroom AC would not function on high cool from initial delivery, used all summer of 2018 that way until Pharr could get rep to come repair. Lighting peels away and hangs down over door, it is adhesive tape and poorly done from factory, electric water heater quit working, found shorted burnt wires under main storage, had local service splice and replace cable, main AC quit working in summer of 2019, called Pharr RV for repair and they said could not get to it unlit October, called jayco direct, told me to call Coleman, could not get thru to Coleman on my own, number said it was for dealer only. Finally quit messing with warranty and ordered new AC and out of pocketed $1600 to local shop to get it back going. Will never buy another Jayco or purchase from local dealer - Pharr RV, total unprofessional dealer and horrible service, has been a bad experience all the way around for me. Ready to sell and just stay in air BB or motels.
- Rex Glenn, Texas

2019-07-26 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

I purchased this unit from Camping World in Georgia where I lived at the time. I love it! Factory support is excellent as the led lights at the awnings came loose and Jayco replaced both awnings. On my maiden voyage I made a sharp turn and the break away brake wire got hung up on the hitch and I burned up the brakes, but Jayco paid for part of the costs even though it was my fault. I've owned several other Jayco's and the factory always took care of them in reasonable time. I took this unit from Florida to Alaska and back without any issues. Was thinking of trading for a smaller unit for my upcoming trip to California and the west, but after reading reviews on the unit I was considering from another manufacturer, I think I might keep what I have. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- Dan Russell, Florida

2019-07-08 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

We purchased this RV to live in while on vacations once a year and as it turns out we ended up living in it 18 months straight! We purchased a home in southern Alabama and lived in the RV while remodeling the house. The RV was fantastic! We actually thought of selling the house and living full time in the RV. The front living room and rear bedroom with a king size bed provided space for us to do our own thing or if we wanted to watch something different on the TV. Overall we found everything we needed was right there and life was comfortable. Great floor plan and we have never had any serious problems with the build quality.
- Wayne Johnson, Alabama

2019-07-01 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

I use a 2016 Ford F250 SRW 4X4 FX diesel to pull our 2017 Jayco Pennical Model 38FLSA and I must say this unit pulls very well, better than smaller units that I have had, it sleeps very comfortable (king bed) and the shower is big and roomie with plenty of space in the bathroom, the living space also is very roomie and comfortable. The auto leveling system you need to learn how to reset it because the manual gives you no clue, had to call the company and they explained it to me, (run back jacks down 4 to 5 inches and hit return all jacks to home reset them) Overall I will give this unit a 4 only because there is always room for improvement.

2019-06-19 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

Our 2019 MDQS slide has been broken since before we left the dealer. When we arrived at Gillette Interstate RV to pick up our brand new unit the slide did not work properly. It is the slide with the refrigerator. Our Salesman Mike Taravella immediately stated that it was not their problem it was Jayco's since they were the manufacturer. Our salesman spent a total of 3 minutes passing us along to someone else to assist us. The technicians worked all day on it replacing wiring harness and swapping out motors, to no avail. Since we had rented a campground near by for the night they let us take it because we were able to get the slide out an inch at a time. The technicians said it would be ok and they were ordering a new wiring harness and would replace it the following day. In the morning when we tried to put the slide in to bring the unit back so they could work on it, the slide would not budge. Gillette sent the techs out to the campsite where they worked on it until they could manually get the slide in and we were able to get it back to the dealer. When the new parts arrived unfortunately they were not the fix. We tried talking to the Gillette Interstate RV General manager Stuart Brabant but he never even came out to the service bay and we were told he was unavailable, we asked that he please call us as we just purchased a $70,000 unit from his dealership that was broken. I then took matters into my own hands and reached out to the Jayco. I was directed to Rodney who was helpful and sympathetic to our situation and and arranged for the Pinnacle 37MDQS to be brought back to the manufacturing facility and be repaired. We left to head home as there was nothing more we could do. About a week later arrangements were made to deliver it to us at the campground we rented for the summer. We were in the process of becoming full time RVers and our home was listed on the market for sale. Glad that we would have the fifth wheel to reside in the rest of the summer we excitedly met the transport guy at the campground. He placed the fifth wheel on the lot and asked us to sign and confirm he delivered it and that there was no exterior damage. We agreed and asked him to wait while we tried the "slide" to our utter disappointment it would not go out. The delivery guy was kind enough to hang out with us for an additional 2 hours as we contacted Jayco to see if he could bring it back. Finally Rodney at Jayco told us to let the delivery driver go as they did not authorize him to bring it back. Jayco is sending someone out to look at it but I am a bit sceptical that it will get fixed seeing that no one has been able to fix it yet. So here we sit with a brand new unit that is broken.... I am so disheartened. I wrote to Mr. Derald Bontrager the Chief Executive Officer of Jayco, Inc. and pleaded for them to take this one back and give us a new one because I think this one is a lemon. It is not fair to expect us to have to keep a defective unit. Our dream has turned into a nightmare... I will post an update if we ever get this resolved.
- Mari Mabus, Illinois

2019-06-16 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 31RETS View Listings

This is the worst fifth wheel we’ve owned and we’ve had several. There is absolutely no quality whatsoever. Slapped together as quickly as possible with a bit of lipstick is what this unit is. After owning it for a week my husband had a list of things to fix as long as his arm beginning with all the holes underneath that he had to fill with spray foam to keep the mice out. The ceiling strips all had to be glued on as they were falling off, the trim on the closet shelves was also falling off. The toilet is constantly plugged because the drain is a 90, it’s so bad that he’s probably going to have to redo the plumbing down there. We won’t be sad to see this one go.
- Vicki Greschner, Alberta