Jayco Pinnacle RVs Reviews (33)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Pinnacle RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Wayne R. from New Jersey says:

Have you owned any Jayco Pinnacle RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

My wife & I fell in love with this Pinnacle after looking at 3 other $80,000 to $100,000 range 5th wheels. We took delivery of our model 36FBTS exactly 2 weeks ago and we have a list of issues: 1) broken light fixture, 2) broken antenna cable, 3) missing guides on sliding doors, 4) tires rubbing on top of wheel wells & slide outs, 5) toilet mounted too high & cracked the flange, 6) trunk door rubs & at times won't open, 7) two clearance lights falling out, 8) door on 1/2 bath warped, 9) very weak (almost NO) brakes, 10) construction debris on tops of slides chewing up the seals, 11) soft floor in main bath feels like it's ready to crack & give way. Overall, VERY BAD Quality Control. Looks like all Jayco is worried about is beating the clock. I owned a 1988 Jayco Designer 5th wheel, and the craftsmanship was far superior then what it is now. WHAT HAPPENED JAYCO ....NO PRIDE IN YOUR PRODUCT ANYMORE??? Thank God I have a GREAT dealer trying desperately to rectify my problems so that I can finally get on the road.
- Wayne R. , New Jersey

2019-08-17 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS View Listings

August 17. 2019 Purchased our 5th wheel in Nov 2018. First big trip started June 4th 2019...travelled only 371 mi.the first day. Went to leave the first campground and large bedroom slide would not retract. Couldn't find any mobile RV techs as it was a Sat. Found one on Monday and it took 5 days to determine problem, order parts and get it repaired. Both motors needed replacing. Continued our trip cross country and now ready to leave this campground 2 months later and same slide will not retract. In addition to many what I would call "small problems" compared to this, we also found a crack on the outside near the bottom corner of the slide. One of the techs at Jayco said it's a design flaw that the "slide in slide" is too heavy and will take 3 weeks to repair it once we get back home. So here we are again...stuck, disappointed and frustrated. We are starting to regret the purchase of this Jayco 5th wheel! Unfortunately it's a Saturday so have to wait until Monday to talk to someone at Jayco. Would love to know if any other owners of this model are experiencing problems.
- Rebecca Goodwin, California

2019-08-08 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Many thoughtless design flaws, e.g., wash basins located so far under overhanging cabinets that any attempt to wash your face will lead to injury. Slide out in bedroom is so low that more head bumps are inevitable. Sinks in baths are also ridiculously small. Dining table is too narrow for supposed "live-in" theme of this fifth wheel. Inadequate storage in kitchen and bedroom. Kitchen storage issue is more understandable because half bath uses space that could be in kitchen. Bedroom storage could have been easily doubled by adding cabinets on either side of dresser and adding storage overtop of a larger bed slide-out. Our entertainment system has a sound bar where earlier versions had a drawer...but no wires connect to the absolutely useless sound bar. The massage function on one seat won't turn off, had to disconnect wires. Hot water output is way too hot and can't be lowered. Four screws found lying on the ground or floor so far, indicating shoddy construction and quality control. The middle two auto levelers would not lower; we had to block-up and wedge under them. Our dealer was horrible. After giving us a signed "We owe" paper to get our money, they did not honor the agreement to install missing bedside tables at our nearby campsite and in fact didn't even give us the mounting brackets to install them ourselves. We have seen other front-bath fifth wheels that don't have the same wash basin and storage issues, so look around before buying the 36FBTS.
- Jim Reed, Maryland

2019-08-07 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Ordered a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS. Unit was camped in twice. On second camping trip noticed lower toilet leaking. Found the water line to toilet was gobbed with sealant from Jayco. Also slide-out seals were falling off. Contacted Jayco and they were reluctant to fix toilet and was basically told too bad for slide-out seals. Jayco Customer Service sux. Will not purchase another jayco product.
- Calvin Tyson, Georgia

2019-07-30 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 38REFS View Listings

After shopping for higher quality RV my wife and I decided to purchase the 42’ - 2 bedroom pinnacle. It is suppose to be long term stay RV, I use for work and stay in it 4 days a week in southeast NM while I work away from home, Pinnacle was purchased at Pharr RV in Lubbock TX, I have had hell trying to get warranty work completed on this camper from Pharr rv or going straight thru to Jayco. Bedroom AC would not function on high cool from initial delivery, used all summer of 2018 that way until Pharr could get rep to come repair. Lighting peels away and hangs down over door, it is adhesive tape and poorly done from factory, electric water heater quit working, found shorted burnt wires under main storage, had local service splice and replace cable, main AC quit working in summer of 2019, called Pharr RV for repair and they said could not get to it unlit October, called jayco direct, told me to call Coleman, could not get thru to Coleman on my own, number said it was for dealer only. Finally quit messing with warranty and ordered new AC and out of pocketed $1600 to local shop to get it back going. Will never buy another Jayco or purchase from local dealer - Pharr RV, total unprofessional dealer and horrible service, has been a bad experience all the way around for me. Ready to sell and just stay in air BB or motels.
- Rex Glenn, Texas

2019-07-26 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

I purchased this unit from Camping World in Georgia where I lived at the time. I love it! Factory support is excellent as the led lights at the awnings came loose and Jayco replaced both awnings. On my maiden voyage I made a sharp turn and the break away brake wire got hung up on the hitch and I burned up the brakes, but Jayco paid for part of the costs even though it was my fault. I've owned several other Jayco's and the factory always took care of them in reasonable time. I took this unit from Florida to Alaska and back without any issues. Was thinking of trading for a smaller unit for my upcoming trip to California and the west, but after reading reviews on the unit I was considering from another manufacturer, I think I might keep what I have. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- Dan Russell, Florida

2019-07-08 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

We purchased this RV to live in while on vacations once a year and as it turns out we ended up living in it 18 months straight! We purchased a home in southern Alabama and lived in the RV while remodeling the house. The RV was fantastic! We actually thought of selling the house and living full time in the RV. The front living room and rear bedroom with a king size bed provided space for us to do our own thing or if we wanted to watch something different on the TV. Overall we found everything we needed was right there and life was comfortable. Great floor plan and we have never had any serious problems with the build quality.
- Wayne Johnson, Alabama

2019-07-01 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

I use a 2016 Ford F250 SRW 4X4 FX diesel to pull our 2017 Jayco Pennical Model 38FLSA and I must say this unit pulls very well, better than smaller units that I have had, it sleeps very comfortable (king bed) and the shower is big and roomie with plenty of space in the bathroom, the living space also is very roomie and comfortable. The auto leveling system you need to learn how to reset it because the manual gives you no clue, had to call the company and they explained it to me, (run back jacks down 4 to 5 inches and hit return all jacks to home reset them) Overall I will give this unit a 4 only because there is always room for improvement.
- Larry Dunlevy, Florida

2019-06-19 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

Our 2019 MDQS slide has been broken since before we left the dealer. When we arrived at Gillette Interstate RV to pick up our brand new unit the slide did not work properly. It is the slide with the refrigerator. Our Salesman Mike Taravella immediately stated that it was not their problem it was Jayco's since they were the manufacturer. Our salesman spent a total of 3 minutes passing us along to someone else to assist us. The technicians worked all day on it replacing wiring harness and swapping out motors, to no avail. Since we had rented a campground near by for the night they let us take it because we were able to get the slide out an inch at a time. The technicians said it would be ok and they were ordering a new wiring harness and would replace it the following day. In the morning when we tried to put the slide in to bring the unit back so they could work on it, the slide would not budge. Gillette sent the techs out to the campsite where they worked on it until they could manually get the slide in and we were able to get it back to the dealer. When the new parts arrived unfortunately they were not the fix. We tried talking to the Gillette Interstate RV General manager Stuart Brabant but he never even came out to the service bay and we were told he was unavailable, we asked that he please call us as we just purchased a $70,000 unit from his dealership that was broken. I then took matters into my own hands and reached out to the Jayco. I was directed to Rodney who was helpful and sympathetic to our situation and and arranged for the Pinnacle 37MDQS to be brought back to the manufacturing facility and be repaired. We left to head home as there was nothing more we could do. About a week later arrangements were made to deliver it to us at the campground we rented for the summer. We were in the process of becoming full time RVers and our home was listed on the market for sale. Glad that we would have the fifth wheel to reside in the rest of the summer we excitedly met the transport guy at the campground. He placed the fifth wheel on the lot and asked us to sign and confirm he delivered it and that there was no exterior damage. We agreed and asked him to wait while we tried the "slide" to our utter disappointment it would not go out. The delivery guy was kind enough to hang out with us for an additional 2 hours as we contacted Jayco to see if he could bring it back. Finally Rodney at Jayco told us to let the delivery driver go as they did not authorize him to bring it back. Jayco is sending someone out to look at it but I am a bit sceptical that it will get fixed seeing that no one has been able to fix it yet. So here we sit with a brand new unit that is broken.... I am so disheartened. I wrote to Mr. Derald Bontrager the Chief Executive Officer of Jayco, Inc. and pleaded for them to take this one back and give us a new one because I think this one is a lemon. It is not fair to expect us to have to keep a defective unit. Our dream has turned into a nightmare... I will post an update if we ever get this resolved.
- Mari Mabus, Illinois

2019-06-16 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 31RETS View Listings

This is the worst fifth wheel we’ve owned and we’ve had several. There is absolutely no quality whatsoever. Slapped together as quickly as possible with a bit of lipstick is what this unit is. After owning it for a week my husband had a list of things to fix as long as his arm beginning with all the holes underneath that he had to fill with spray foam to keep the mice out. The ceiling strips all had to be glued on as they were falling off, the trim on the closet shelves was also falling off. The toilet is constantly plugged because the drain is a 90, it’s so bad that he’s probably going to have to redo the plumbing down there. We won’t be sad to see this one go.
- Vicki Greschner, Alberta

2019-05-24 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLWS View Listings

Excellent 4 season luxury style RV. Unit has all amenities of home, with superior workmanship and comfort. Unit is easy towing and handles great with the morride suspension. 6 slide outs provide lots of room with in the coach. This unit could be a full timers dream unit.
- Ed Golinowski, Alberta

2019-03-31 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

This was our second Jayco 5th wheel. We owned a 1999 5th Wheel and never had a problem. Thus when it was time to retire, we moved up to the Pinnacle. Bad mistake. Jayco, now owned by Thor has gone major league cheap on it's components. Sliding closet door wheels broke of on first trip. Plastic mounts. Pantry door wouldn't stay closed and rubbed against the refrigerator. When getting warranty work on the pantry door, Jayco has no idea what they put into its units. To replace door, Jayco had to approve. Took 10 days, then wrong color door sent, that took 6 weeks. Replacement sent, 6 weeks more, broken in shipment. 3rd time the charm, but 5months later. Split in seem of awning. Authorized fix...re-glue! This is the practice of a manufacturer that really wants no part of it's customers after the sale. STAY AWAY!!! NO LONGER A QUALITY COMPANY. For Profit only!!!!!
- dosxx, Colorado

2019-02-04 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS View Listings

We had a Montana High Country. Loved it but wanted a little more as we use the unit a lot. Got this unit a year and a half ago. Great layout, great features. Perfect in that regard. Most components are very good. The quality of assembly just is not good. Broken screws, fittings not tightened, heating ducts put together with tape and fall apart, on and on. Little things that I can fix myself but detract from my confidence in Jayco. Great unit, great layout, great components. Shoddy assembly. Too bad. I did try to contact customer support for a blind issue today and after 20 minutes on hold was told to call the dealer. I would not buy another Jayco. Get a Montana.
- John Moroz, Ontario

2019-01-25 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

This fifth wheel is amazing. Great lay out, so much space and we love the 1.5 baths! The interior is nicely done, great furnishings! Love the double sinks in the bathroom and full sized fridge. King size bed is so nice as well as the additional tv outside. The bathroom has so much closet space, we added a stack washer and dryer without really losing any needed closet space. Absolutely love everything about this unit!
- Jennifer , Texas

2018-12-16 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Retired since 2011 My first comments on this machine are, my wife and I fell in love with it on first sight. It is a nicely laid out trailer with loads of space. We owned a 2005 Jayco Designer 35RKQS loved the machine, decided to trade in for a newer machine. We bought a Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS in May 2015 and from the first day have had many issues with it. Dealer has been fantastic rectifying these issues. We have been able to have most of them done when it is in storage. The concern is the quality of workmanship and Jayco standing behind the major issue! Here is a list of the issues with the major one being last as we are dealing with it now. 1. Leveling system has been an ongoing issue from day one with the leveling jacks not being wired properly and loose wiring and finally a motor failing. 2. Computor ( motherboard ) for the leveling system failed, causing Lost usage of trailer. 3. Shower cracking. 4. Sliding closet door wouldn’t stay in tracks. 5. Screw heads pushing up into floor linoleum. 6. Main door latch constantly has to be adjusted. 7. Window opening and closing mechanisms bending. 8. Moulding for ceiling panel mouldings loose (at delivery). 9. Cabinetry stapling roughly finished. 10. Bathroom vanity screws not installed properly to floor or the wall. 11. Slide lower seals leaking. 12. Step bolts breaking. 13. Garmin GPS with trailer Rear Camera never wired properly and Garmin was not Found when went to use. Had to be supplied. 14. Microwave failed. 15. Black water cleaning spray system leaking into trailer as Connections was not tightened properly. 16. Toilet shutoff valve failed to close filling black water tank and Flooding front bathroom, lower storage and drained to ground. 17. Bolts by kitchen counter to main floor frame came loose, no Locking Installed 18. Water leaks in at sink on pressure side and on drain side. The big issue is our large slide now will not go in or out. The dealer has found bent and warpped structural bracing on main floor that has caused the gearing for the for motors to become out of alignment. Jayco refuses to warrant this structural issue as the 2 year Warranty is up. Jayco does supply a refit kit to repair this issue but at the owners cost. I feel they know of the issue but do not want to deal with it as it is one of the first ones to happen, so just say NO to the Claim. Although this specific model has not had a recall/service bullettin issued on it they have issued service bulletins for similar large slide issues on the drive gearing amd motors. I believe they have under engineered the floor bracing for their model with large slides and heavy components, (Residential Fridge, stove, fire place TV and the storage cupboards) We had even bought extended warranty but this is not covered. It only covers components. My warning to anyone buying a large RV with slides, to inspect the slide and the main floor bracing. Owner beware!
- Gary Bye, British Columbia

2018-12-15 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Super slides do not have enough support for the weight installed by Jayco. Ours have bent throwing the slide out of gear. Jayco has this issue on many units and won't go good for repair as our 2015 5th wheel is past warranty. This is a known design flaw and should be covered by Jayco.
- Vicky Bye, British Columbia

2018-11-20 2011 Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS View Listings

I have replaced the motor for the rear jacks, the motors on both rear slides. The water pump, the electric heater element. This seems like a lot over only 6 years of owning it. As far as livability, my wife and I have stayed in our fifth wheel for a month and a half and are still very comfortable.
- Larry Ross, Montana

2018-11-11 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

Well folks.... I was ready to give up RVing for various reasons. Then we bought the Pinnacle. The Pinnacle actually felt like I HAD quit RVing and was now HOME! Very spacious, and comfortable to the max. Where to start.... the vaulted ceilings and beautiful woodwork make it feel like a country club (but not overly "swank"). Functional! The place is functional. Easy for all aspects of living. The MDQS floor plan gave me something I desperately needed: an office (or second bedroom or "man cave"). Built-in desk, drawers and shelves. King bed (great mattress) and stacked washer/dryer. ROOMY shower in a fine bathroom. Theater seating with dual power recliners that both heat and vibrate (yeah.... NOW we're "camping"!). Oh... and the lighting: both toe-kick (floor) and crown (ceiling) accent lighting. Very cool. Plus a full array of ceiling lights. Ample storage inside and out. Kitchen has a nearly full-size oven and a huge residential side-by-side fridge. Dual AC is more than adequate, even in Arizona summers. Ditto for heating. Two huge power awnings that perform admirably in windy conditions. The pop-up TV is way cool. Disappears into the cabinet to reveal another window. Which reminds me of the rear-facing picture window. Very nice to have such a large window, especially when the back end faces an open field or other pleasant scenery. One major improvement over other RVs (I've had 4) is that stuff just works. Took me awhile to relax into it and trust that everyday wouldn't be another "now what's wrong" kinda day. It just works. The only knock on the original configuration was the instant (on demand) water heater. It was neither instant nor hot. I replaced it with a tank water heater and all is well. Spent extra on full body paint and it was well worth it. Twice/year wash and wax and it always looks showroom. Anyway, highly recommended 5th wheel.
- George Greenwald, Arizona

2018-08-01 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

We had owned 2 RVs previous to the Pinnacle and I was not a happy camper. They were large, but felt too confining and, being used to a stick-built, just too much hassle. I walked in the the 37MDQS and my jaw dropped. The layout and the HIGH ceilings make it feel very spacious. The private office with built-in desk is da bomb. Makes it feel like a multiple room house. The dual recliners..... ultra comfortable. I previously would have judged built-in massage & heat as "gimmicky" but these are great. And it's a totally handsome place to live. Pretty cool. The lighting options are fun too. I like it!
- George, Arizona

2018-07-18 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Great towing no problem with this unit has everything an RVer needs great for the RV weekend person or to take to FL or Texas for the winter or just want to travel the USA this unit will serve as a good investment
- Michael Hirschauer, Indiana

2017-12-09 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Very disappointed in the engineering of the suspension. It has to be replaced. Not heavy enough for the weight of trailer. Tires and underbelly damaged.Been in dealer for over 2 months waiting on fix and parts. We winter in Texas. Not a happy camper !!!
- Johnnie Swick, Ohio

2017-10-26 2013 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLFS View Listings

We bought this unit when it was 1 year old. I have to agree with many of the other reviews that the quality of this unit is no where near what you would expect. We have several screws coming up through the lino, wallboard seam tape falling off, screws falling out of outside access doors, replaced tires first trip out etc. When I contacted customer service at Jayco fellow I was talking with got quite snotty. Because I was not the 'original ' owner, sucks to be me. In all fairness, I've been reading reviews of other brands and there doesn't seem to be anybody out there that provide a quality product in a 5th wheel.
- David Ball, Alberta

2017-10-13 2014 Jayco Pinnacle 38 FLFS View Listings

This is a wonderful RV. We have traveled out west several times and very accommodating. It has everything you could possibly want-lots of bells and whistles. Unfortunately for us this is just too long, the kids are grown and no longer trawl with us, and want to get a shorter unit. A family will be happy to have this unit!!
- Rory, Illinois

2017-09-17 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We purchased this Fifth Wheel in Dec . of 2016 for permanent living and have really enjoyed it however there have been some issues that have taken months to rectify and some still not rectified yet! We purchased this R V from dealer in Winter Park Fl. Here is the list: 1. The automatic fan in the kitchen area stopped working. Whole new fan ordered and fixed. 2. Large roll out awning still not fixed 3. Fan on 2nd bath broken still not fixed 3. Control panel needs replaced 4. Refrigerator not adjusted correctly left door slams open 4. It is such a waiting game to get these items fixed! I believe this is a very good product so I will write later when these items are completed! !
- George &Teresa Haws, Florida

2017-07-13 2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36RETS View Listings

At first, rv was great. BUT the HUGE slide on the kitchen side has never worked right. Even with 2 motors, the slide has a HARD time pulling back in. I left it with Jayco Service center in Elkhart IN for a winter, and I picked it up..broke within an hour. Now it's broke again and Jayco refuses to fix it. Its all on me n I have to find a repairman..ITS BEEN LIKE THIS SINCE WE BOUGHT IT..........SHAME ON JAYCO.....
- Arlene Hilmer, Texas