Jayco Pinnacle RVs Reviews (25)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Pinnacle RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Wayne R. from New Jersey says:

Have you owned any Jayco Pinnacle RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

My wife & I fell in love with this Pinnacle after looking at 3 other $80,000 to $100,000 range 5th wheels. We took delivery of our model 36FBTS exactly 2 weeks ago and we have a list of issues: 1) broken light fixture, 2) broken antenna cable, 3) missing guides on sliding doors, 4) tires rubbing on top of wheel wells & slide outs, 5) toilet mounted too high & cracked the flange, 6) trunk door rubs & at times won't open, 7) two clearance lights falling out, 8) door on 1/2 bath warped, 9) very weak (almost NO) brakes, 10) construction debris on tops of slides chewing up the seals, 11) soft floor in main bath feels like it's ready to crack & give way. Overall, VERY BAD Quality Control. Looks like all Jayco is worried about is beating the clock. I owned a 1988 Jayco Designer 5th wheel, and the craftsmanship was far superior then what it is now. WHAT HAPPENED JAYCO ....NO PRIDE IN YOUR PRODUCT ANYMORE??? Thank God I have a GREAT dealer trying desperately to rectify my problems so that I can finally get on the road.
- Wayne R. , New Jersey

2019-06-16 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 31RETS View Listings

This is the worst fifth wheel we’ve owned and we’ve had several. There is absolutely no quality whatsoever. Slapped together as quickly as possible with a bit of lipstick is what this unit is. After owning it for a week my husband had a list of things to fix as long as his arm beginning with all the holes underneath that he had to fill with spray foam to keep the mice out. The ceiling strips all had to be glued on as they were falling off, the trim on the closet shelves was also falling off. The toilet is constantly plugged because the drain is a 90, it’s so bad that he’s probably going to have to redo the plumbing down there. We won’t be sad to see this one go.
- Vicki Greschner, Alberta

2019-05-24 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLWS View Listings

Excellent 4 season luxury style RV. Unit has all amenities of home, with superior workmanship and comfort. Unit is easy towing and handles great with the morride suspension. 6 slide outs provide lots of room with in the coach. This unit could be a full timers dream unit.
- Ed Golinowski, Alberta

2019-03-31 2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

This was our second Jayco 5th wheel. We owned a 1999 5th Wheel and never had a problem. Thus when it was time to retire, we moved up to the Pinnacle. Bad mistake. Jayco, now owned by Thor has gone major league cheap on it's components. Sliding closet door wheels broke of on first trip. Plastic mounts. Pantry door wouldn't stay closed and rubbed against the refrigerator. When getting warranty work on the pantry door, Jayco has no idea what they put into its units. To replace door, Jayco had to approve. Took 10 days, then wrong color door sent, that took 6 weeks. Replacement sent, 6 weeks more, broken in shipment. 3rd time the charm, but 5months later. Split in seem of awning. Authorized fix...re-glue! This is the practice of a manufacturer that really wants no part of it's customers after the sale. STAY AWAY!!! NO LONGER A QUALITY COMPANY. For Profit only!!!!!
- dosxx, Colorado

2019-02-04 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS View Listings

We had a Montana High Country. Loved it but wanted a little more as we use the unit a lot. Got this unit a year and a half ago. Great layout, great features. Perfect in that regard. Most components are very good. The quality of assembly just is not good. Broken screws, fittings not tightened, heating ducts put together with tape and fall apart, on and on. Little things that I can fix myself but detract from my confidence in Jayco. Great unit, great layout, great components. Shoddy assembly. Too bad. I did try to contact customer support for a blind issue today and after 20 minutes on hold was told to call the dealer. I would not buy another Jayco. Get a Montana.
- John Moroz, Ontario

2019-01-25 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

This fifth wheel is amazing. Great lay out, so much space and we love the 1.5 baths! The interior is nicely done, great furnishings! Love the double sinks in the bathroom and full sized fridge. King size bed is so nice as well as the additional tv outside. The bathroom has so much closet space, we added a stack washer and dryer without really losing any needed closet space. Absolutely love everything about this unit!
- Jennifer , Texas

2018-12-16 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Retired since 2011 My first comments on this machine are, my wife and I fell in love with it on first sight. It is a nicely laid out trailer with loads of space. We owned a 2005 Jayco Designer 35RKQS loved the machine, decided to trade in for a newer machine. We bought a Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS in May 2015 and from the first day have had many issues with it. Dealer has been fantastic rectifying these issues. We have been able to have most of them done when it is in storage. The concern is the quality of workmanship and Jayco standing behind the major issue! Here is a list of the issues with the major one being last as we are dealing with it now. 1. Leveling system has been an ongoing issue from day one with the leveling jacks not being wired properly and loose wiring and finally a motor failing. 2. Computor ( motherboard ) for the leveling system failed, causing Lost usage of trailer. 3. Shower cracking. 4. Sliding closet door wouldn’t stay in tracks. 5. Screw heads pushing up into floor linoleum. 6. Main door latch constantly has to be adjusted. 7. Window opening and closing mechanisms bending. 8. Moulding for ceiling panel mouldings loose (at delivery). 9. Cabinetry stapling roughly finished. 10. Bathroom vanity screws not installed properly to floor or the wall. 11. Slide lower seals leaking. 12. Step bolts breaking. 13. Garmin GPS with trailer Rear Camera never wired properly and Garmin was not Found when went to use. Had to be supplied. 14. Microwave failed. 15. Black water cleaning spray system leaking into trailer as Connections was not tightened properly. 16. Toilet shutoff valve failed to close filling black water tank and Flooding front bathroom, lower storage and drained to ground. 17. Bolts by kitchen counter to main floor frame came loose, no Locking Installed 18. Water leaks in at sink on pressure side and on drain side. The big issue is our large slide now will not go in or out. The dealer has found bent and warpped structural bracing on main floor that has caused the gearing for the for motors to become out of alignment. Jayco refuses to warrant this structural issue as the 2 year Warranty is up. Jayco does supply a refit kit to repair this issue but at the owners cost. I feel they know of the issue but do not want to deal with it as it is one of the first ones to happen, so just say NO to the Claim. Although this specific model has not had a recall/service bullettin issued on it they have issued service bulletins for similar large slide issues on the drive gearing amd motors. I believe they have under engineered the floor bracing for their model with large slides and heavy components, (Residential Fridge, stove, fire place TV and the storage cupboards) We had even bought extended warranty but this is not covered. It only covers components. My warning to anyone buying a large RV with slides, to inspect the slide and the main floor bracing. Owner beware!
- Gary Bye, British Columbia

2018-12-15 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Super slides do not have enough support for the weight installed by Jayco. Ours have bent throwing the slide out of gear. Jayco has this issue on many units and won't go good for repair as our 2015 5th wheel is past warranty. This is a known design flaw and should be covered by Jayco.
- Vicky Bye, British Columbia

2018-11-20 2011 Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS View Listings

I have replaced the motor for the rear jacks, the motors on both rear slides. The water pump, the electric heater element. This seems like a lot over only 6 years of owning it. As far as livability, my wife and I have stayed in our fifth wheel for a month and a half and are still very comfortable.
- Larry Ross, Montana

2018-11-11 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

Well folks.... I was ready to give up RVing for various reasons. Then we bought the Pinnacle. The Pinnacle actually felt like I HAD quit RVing and was now HOME! Very spacious, and comfortable to the max. Where to start.... the vaulted ceilings and beautiful woodwork make it feel like a country club (but not overly "swank"). Functional! The place is functional. Easy for all aspects of living. The MDQS floor plan gave me something I desperately needed: an office (or second bedroom or "man cave"). Built-in desk, drawers and shelves. King bed (great mattress) and stacked washer/dryer. ROOMY shower in a fine bathroom. Theater seating with dual power recliners that both heat and vibrate (yeah.... NOW we're "camping"!). Oh... and the lighting: both toe-kick (floor) and crown (ceiling) accent lighting. Very cool. Plus a full array of ceiling lights. Ample storage inside and out. Kitchen has a nearly full-size oven and a huge residential side-by-side fridge. Dual AC is more than adequate, even in Arizona summers. Ditto for heating. Two huge power awnings that perform admirably in windy conditions. The pop-up TV is way cool. Disappears into the cabinet to reveal another window. Which reminds me of the rear-facing picture window. Very nice to have such a large window, especially when the back end faces an open field or other pleasant scenery. One major improvement over other RVs (I've had 4) is that stuff just works. Took me awhile to relax into it and trust that everyday wouldn't be another "now what's wrong" kinda day. It just works. The only knock on the original configuration was the instant (on demand) water heater. It was neither instant nor hot. I replaced it with a tank water heater and all is well. Spent extra on full body paint and it was well worth it. Twice/year wash and wax and it always looks showroom. Anyway, highly recommended 5th wheel.
- George Greenwald, Arizona

2018-08-01 2018 Jayco Pinnacle 37MDQS View Listings

We had owned 2 RVs previous to the Pinnacle and I was not a happy camper. They were large, but felt too confining and, being used to a stick-built, just too much hassle. I walked in the the 37MDQS and my jaw dropped. The layout and the HIGH ceilings make it feel very spacious. The private office with built-in desk is da bomb. Makes it feel like a multiple room house. The dual recliners..... ultra comfortable. I previously would have judged built-in massage & heat as "gimmicky" but these are great. And it's a totally handsome place to live. Pretty cool. The lighting options are fun too. I like it!
- George, Arizona

2018-07-18 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Great towing no problem with this unit has everything an RVer needs great for the RV weekend person or to take to FL or Texas for the winter or just want to travel the USA this unit will serve as a good investment
- Michael Hirschauer, Indiana

2017-12-09 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Very disappointed in the engineering of the suspension. It has to be replaced. Not heavy enough for the weight of trailer. Tires and underbelly damaged.Been in dealer for over 2 months waiting on fix and parts. We winter in Texas. Not a happy camper !!!
- Johnnie Swick, Ohio

2017-10-26 2013 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLFS View Listings

We bought this unit when it was 1 year old. I have to agree with many of the other reviews that the quality of this unit is no where near what you would expect. We have several screws coming up through the lino, wallboard seam tape falling off, screws falling out of outside access doors, replaced tires first trip out etc. When I contacted customer service at Jayco fellow I was talking with got quite snotty. Because I was not the 'original ' owner, sucks to be me. In all fairness, I've been reading reviews of other brands and there doesn't seem to be anybody out there that provide a quality product in a 5th wheel.
- David Ball, Alberta

2017-10-13 2014 Jayco Pinnacle 38 FLFS View Listings

This is a wonderful RV. We have traveled out west several times and very accommodating. It has everything you could possibly want-lots of bells and whistles. Unfortunately for us this is just too long, the kids are grown and no longer trawl with us, and want to get a shorter unit. A family will be happy to have this unit!!
- Rory, Illinois

2017-09-17 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

We purchased this Fifth Wheel in Dec . of 2016 for permanent living and have really enjoyed it however there have been some issues that have taken months to rectify and some still not rectified yet! We purchased this R V from dealer in Winter Park Fl. Here is the list: 1. The automatic fan in the kitchen area stopped working. Whole new fan ordered and fixed. 2. Large roll out awning still not fixed 3. Fan on 2nd bath broken still not fixed 3. Control panel needs replaced 4. Refrigerator not adjusted correctly left door slams open 4. It is such a waiting game to get these items fixed! I believe this is a very good product so I will write later when these items are completed! !
- George &Teresa Haws, Florida

2017-07-13 2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36RETS View Listings

At first, rv was great. BUT the HUGE slide on the kitchen side has never worked right. Even with 2 motors, the slide has a HARD time pulling back in. I left it with Jayco Service center in Elkhart IN for a winter, and I picked it up..broke within an hour. Now it's broke again and Jayco refuses to fix it. Its all on me n I have to find a repairman..ITS BEEN LIKE THIS SINCE WE BOUGHT IT..........SHAME ON JAYCO.....
- Arlene Hilmer, Texas

2017-07-05 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Beautiful 5th wheel... 1.5 baths, fireplace, full size stainless steel refrigerator, large master closet, large one piece shower, 2 sinks in master bath, 2 air conditioners, stainless steel sinks, convection microwave, 2 tvs, pantry, 2 theater reclining chairs, large couch, to many other features to list...
- David Biderman, Idaho

2017-06-20 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS View Listings

We purchased our Jayco Pinnacle new from Hilltop Trailer Sales, Minnesota. This RV had minimal use/minimal exposure to the elements--we did not travel to florida/arizona, etc. When we pulled the unit out of storage after the 3rd winter the paint looked terrible! It was faded, cracked, and looked like hell. Bottom line...we took photos, sent letters, asked for assistance from both the dealer and Jayco. We were totally ignored by both. The dealer offered to repaint it for $5000.00--what a deal! We paid $60,000+ for this unit, and the paint job didn't last 3 years?!?! Bottom line, don't expect Jayco or their dealers to stand behind their product once it leaves the lot.
- THERESA STIEREN, Minnesota

2017-03-07 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Still major issues with service , we are waiting for some 40 items to be fixed it is in customer relations or lack of he knows nothing. Waiting for third floor, roof coming loose now we have to empty unit again and put things in storage, oh yes they say look at there warranty . I was told to read the warranty, which does not cover lived in units of six months a year,even though we do not, but just a warning for the many people that do. Just because a dealer sells Jayco does not mean they will service your product ,we were told take it back to the selling dealer . I called them and got no help , or owner call backs.bottom line read the fine print and do not buy product
- Bob Ballschmiede , Illinois

2017-02-06 2017 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA View Listings

I only had one issue and it was a pinched hot water line,very easy fix on my first time out. I bought it at RVone,Albany NY.They were Wonderful, They went above and beyond to be as helpful as possible.I would recommend this dealership if you want to deal with great people.Salesman Larry was great.
- Russell Roddy, Pennsylvania

2016-12-28 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Quality control is none,our new unit was taken back to factory,it was there 6months service writer was useless we had to unloade the unit ,putting everything in storage as directed as one of the major items were screws coming thru the floor.My list can go on and on along with the Rainer tires they had me replace on its first trip and said I would be paid back which a year latter has not been done.THe glass splattered from the bath door,the fridge doors had the lock screws strpped .Next besides this they sent it back to az not done ,the bath door they replaced flew open into the new fridge door ,denying it , both these they just replaced ,the floor they put in has again screws coming up and the VIN all has bubbled everywhere ,I've asked for our money back with no success. They have now directed me to a dealer but they say it will be at least 2 weeks or more to fix it again. SO what do we do again empty this thing and where do we stay ? When is enough enough I ask.
- Robert ballschmiede, Illinois

2016-11-30 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS View Listings

Workmanship is terrible. Warranty impossible to get done at factory right takes months there service writer I had was a waist , damaged as much as they fixed,will never buy 1of there products again there is no Amish workmanship , just people slopping 15 a day then can go home,no one really looking for quality .
- Bob bBAllschmiede, Illinois

2016-05-03 2012 Jayco Pinnacle 35LKTS View Listings

Very Clean. Like New. Plenty of room and storage Lots extra nice features. HD Satellite TV in both rooms. Love the kitchen and pantry. The guest bed could be a bit more comfortable. Well maintained
- Michelle, Arizona