Jayco North Point RVs Reviews (17)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco North Point RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

dennis aaron from Texas says:

Have you owned any Jayco North Point RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco North Point 351RSTS View Listings

Everything was great until it started warming up. My North point will not maintain good air temp in the heat of the day. It has climbed to as high as 87 and the dealer got it to react 84 and said this was ok and they was nothing else they could do. My recommendation is not to buy one without checking the temp on a hot day.
- dennis aaron, Texas

2019-08-08 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

This RV has had pretty much everything break on it. 1.) The refrigerator takes about (3) days to cool a pack of water and we've had items in the freezer thaw and ruin several times. The reason for the issues is yet to be resolved. 2.) The slide controller had to be replaced for the kitchen. (Jayco paid for the field fix) 3.) The dinette slide roof had to be replaced. (factory issue that Jayco paid for) 4.) One of the dinette lights quit working. (dealer fixed) 5.) The bedroom slide quit working. I was left on my own by the dealer and Jayco to get the slide back in and the piece of junk home. 6.) The RV vacuum quick working. (dealer replaced) 7.) The fireplace quit working. (dealer replaced) 8.) The kitchen slide is not level, so when you are cooking or otherwise on the stove or using the oven, nothing comes out level. I was told the slide was within Jayco's tolerances. However, when the refrigerator door slams shut, I would say that the tolerances should be adjusted. 9.) The shower head fell off the second time it was used. Wood screws were used to attach the shower head to the fiberglass shower wall. I had to fix this. Overall this RV is of very low quality and I would never buy another Jayco. The warranty has about (6) months left on it, and then this piece of junk will really start costing us money.
- Stephen Johnson, Texas

2019-06-03 2018 Jayco North Point 381FLWS View Listings

The Jayco Northpoint 381flws is a great 5th wheel the front living is awesome with 2 apposite sideout giving you a very large living room the recliners heat and vibrate and with the TV being able to raise and lower you it's almost like living g outside.The kitchen is probably the only weak spot in the whole rv being it could use more cabin space but it's fine you figure it out.The bathroom being g on the same level the kitchen and bedroom is really great with two doors in the bath one in hall one off the bed room a nice double vanity and a very large shower.The bedroom has a TV king bed with lots of storage in the closet there also another entry door off the bedroom and bath as well as a outdoor TV. In all this is a super rv if your looking for alot of space and livability this is it.
- David Boyd, Alabama

2019-04-10 2018 Jayco North Point 385THWS View Listings

Jayco 2018 North Point 385 THWS bought new July 2018 Summary and comments: 1. Jayco has failed at almost every levels, with detail finish quality, service, and most of all, response time. Our Jayco dealer has been trying for 7 calendar days to get the 110 volt electrical schematic from Jayco so that the 110 volt wiring can be checked. I will give Jayco a 1 star out of 5 for the reasons listed below. 2. I asked by phone, the Jayco service people for a managers Email so I could submit this report. I received no contact info. 3. I am thankful that I have the expertise, shop, and the tools to make this unit function. This Jayco unit should have been sold with the following disclaimer “some final assembly required, electrical and construction experience highly recommended. Tools required are general assembly and electrical trouble shooting tools”. Item issues list when camper was new and still on dealer lot. 1. TV would not stand up straight when raised. Track is too short. (still needs to be fixed) 2. Trim on front of fire place fell off during delivery to dealer. (dealer fixed) 3. Bottom seals on rear slide were not even installed. You could see daylight when viewing the slide from inside. (I had to get seals and fix myself) 4. Drawer in bedroom would not close completely. (dealer fixed) 5. Dining table not connected to floor securely. (dealer fixed) 6. Window blind in bedroom would not go up. (I fixed) 7. 110 volt inverter would not come on when shore line was unplugged. This we did not know till on the road. 8. 110 volt wiring for the refrigerator, residential refrigerator, was incorrectly wired at the factory. They had run the inverter power to a wall plug rather than the refrigerator. Jayco could not get a wiring schematic to the dealer in seven days. I called each day. Even the dealer called Jayco and got no service. The dealer and I are still waiting. It has been seven days so I assume they will never answer. One must finally just give up! 9. Most all of the screws that Jayco used to put the floor down in the generator bay were twisted off at the factory. The twisted off heads were still laying in the compartment. (Again I fixed this issue) 10. Rear access door latch screw was twisted off at the factory. 11. Suction hose to water pump is not the type of hose for suction service. This resulted in the hose collapsing when it came time to winterize the unit. The pump could not suck the antifreeze because it collapsed. (I fixed by replacing with a hose designed for suction). 12. Bath room cabinet door was warped. This resulted in the door not wanting to close unless you pushed on the center of the door as you closed it. (I fixed as the door needs three hinges because of its length). 13. Strip lighting on front door awing fell out 3 times. 14. The storage door just above the black water drain is where one would expect to store the sewer hose and other dirty smelly items. This compartment is also not sealed from the main camper. (I fixed myself) Jayco poor engineering and design issues: 1. Front camper door is too close to the front movable awning arm. This results in a bent door, and door frame, if you retract the awning when the door is latched, with Jayco supplied latch, in the open position. 2. Jayco supplies an 18,000 pound rated hitch on a 19,000 pound rated trailer. This rate listing is per the decals supplied by Jayco on the camper and hitch. 3. Manual slide retract access hole in frame is not in line with manual slide out mechanism. As a result if you need to manually retract the slide due to a failure, you cannot insert the tool provided to reach the mechanism required. 4. Garage is not sealed from the rest of the camper. Any smell or fumes from the garage can enter living quarters. (I have installed seals and now the garage door can be open without getting bugs into the camper) 5. A vent with no screen in the garage runs to the outside resulting in that the garage is not sealed from the outside allowing bugs and other small critters in. The vent opening is large enough for a snake to crawl in. Anything that gets into the garage can then get into the camper. (I added a screen so that bugs and other larger critters cannot enter the camper.
- Alan Bergkamp, Kansas

2019-04-08 2018 Jayco North Point 385THWS View Listings

Jayco 2018 North Point 385 THWS bought new July 2018 We have had our new 2018 North Point Jayco 385 THWS for 10 months now. Here is a list of the issues and performance of this $80,000 unit. Item issues list when camper was new and still on dealer Harper Camper Land Great Bend Kansas. 1. TV would not stand up straight when raised. Track is too short. (still needs to be fixed) 2. Trim on front of fire place fell off during delivery to dealer. (dealer fixed) 3. Bottom seals on rear slide were not even installed. You could see daylight when viewing the slide from inside. (I had to get seals and fix myself) 4. Drawer in bedroom would not close completely. (dealer fixed) 5. Dining table not connected to floor secure. (dealer fixed) 6. Window blind in bedroom would not go up. (I fixed) 7. 110 volt inverter would not come on when shore line was unplugged. This we did not know till on the road. 8. 110 volt wiring for the refrigerator, residential refrigerator, was incorrectly wired at the factory. They had run the inverter power to a wall plug rather than the refrigerator. Jayco could not get a wiring schematic to the dealer in seven days. I called each day. Even the dealer called Jayco and got no service. The dealer and I are still waiting. It has been seven days so I assume they will never answer. One must finally just give up! 9. Most all of the screws that Jayco used to put the floor down in the generator bay were twisted off at the factory. The twisted off heads were still laying in the compartment. (Again I fixed this issue) 10. Rear access door latch screw was twisted off at the factory. 11. Suction hose to water pump is not the type of hose for suction service. This resulted in the hose collapsing when it came time to winterize the unit. The pump could not suck the antifreeze because it collapsed. (I fixed by replacing with a hose designed for suction). 12. Bath room cabinet door was warped. This resulted in the door not wanting to close unless you pushed on the center of the door as you closed it. (I fixed as the door needs three hinges because of its length). 13. Strip lighting on front door awing fell out 3 times. 14. The storage door just above the black water drain is where one would expect to store the sewer hose and other dirty smelly items. This compartment is also not sealed from the main camper. (I fixed myself) Jayco poor engineering and design issues: 1. Front camper door is too close to the front movable awning arm. This results in a bent door, and door frame, if you retract the awning when the door is latched, with Jayco supplied latch, in the open position. 2. Jayco supplies an 18,000 pound rated hitch on a 19,000 pound rated trailer. This rate listing is per the decals supplied by Jayco on the camper and hitch. 3. Manual slide retract access hole in frame is not in line with manual slide out mechanism. As a result if you need to manually retract the slide due to a failure, you cannot insert the tool provided to reach the mechanism required. 4. Garage is not sealed from the rest of the camper. Any smell or fumes from the garage can inter living carters. (I have installed seals and now the garage door can be open without getting bugs into the camper) 5. A vent with no screen in the garage runs to the outside resulting in that the garage is not sealed from the outside allowing bugs and other small critters in. The vent opening is large enough for a snake to crawl in. Anything that gets into the garage can then get into the camper. (I added a screen so that bugs and other larger critters cannot enter the camper. First major road trip issue: 1. With the camper only one month old, we took a simple 232 mile trip to Kearney Nebraska. When ready to leave the kitchen slide would not come in. A Jayco dealer was only a half mile from the camp ground, Apache Camper Center Kearney Nebraska. This is the basic conversation and actions required with them. I think this is another example where Jayco does not support its dealers. Why should a Jayco customer need to call in to get approval? Do they not trust the Jayco dealers? a. Me: I went to the dealer telling them the issue on this new camper of the slide not coming in and asked for assistance. b. Jayco dealer: Bring it in and we will look at it. c. Me: I cannot bring it in as the slide is stuck in the out position but I am only a half mile away, can you come look. d. Jayco dealer: We cannot go out without Jayco approval and you are the one required to get that approval. Here is the number for you to call and when you get an approval number come back and we will go look if they approve.
- Alan Bergkamp, Kansas

2019-04-07 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

I'm going to start with the good. Floor plan, exterior look, towing is great. The bad. BEWARE do not get the residential fridge. In theory it's great. In reality it's a disaster. Winterizing sucks and water line brakes in the first year. Have to remove the island to do anything with the fridge. Creeks in the floor all over. Soft close drawers work for about 3 months. The one touch lci pad is a joke you get very little functionality out of it. Tank monitors have never worked, black and gray tank valves leak. Furrion electronics are junk. All season clams are a joke. Below 30 and your burn so much propane due to lack of insulation you can here everything outside like your outside again junk insulation. If you ever have to take it to the dealer dont plan on getting it back for 6 to 8 weeks at best. 2 different dealerships same issue. Jayco takes 2 weeks at least to approve warranty claims then they send the parts if they have them it's another 2 to 3 weeks to get them. If jayco dosent have the parts its another 2 to 4 weeks to get them. Jayco thinks this is okay. Send customer service an email and your may get a response in 2 or 3 weeks. If you call them they will pass your information to the next person that will call you back in a week or two if at all. Jayco makes deals with some dealerships and then force you to use this dealer like it or not. They could be 2 months out jayco could care less that's who you have to use. If auto manufacturers worked like this they would be bankrupt in less then s year. Jayco used to have an industry leading reputation for affordable quality and second to non customer service. The days of this are over. Buyer's BEWARE. This RV is beautiful looks great and very competitively priced (not the cheapest nor most expensive in its class) I hope jayco wakes up. The sad think is I still really like the RV I just wish it would work the way it is intended. From my research I'm not sure there is really much better out there. Just make sure you pick this thing apart during your PDI and make sure everything is fixed before you sign anything. And honestly dont plan to use it more the once or twice in the first year because the rest of the time it will likely be at the dealership getting fixed.
- Matt Dunbar, Oregon

2019-02-13 2018 Jayco North Point 379DBFS View Listings

Love it. Just bought a home on 32 acres and need to sell mine.The RV is amazing from space, storage, TV's, kitchen to bathrooms. No issues ever. Classy from top to bottom. Great for living or camping. Perfect for entertaining at deer lease or camping.
- Shannon Phillips, Texas

2019-01-16 2016 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

This Jayco North point has been a very reliable and issue free 5th wheel. I really like all the storage space and that 2 beds are always ready to use. The extra bedroom/Office is great if traveling with other adults. I tow with a 3/4 ton truck with no problems and under the GVWR. The outside frig, cooktop and TV is really convenient. Solar on the roof keeps batteries charged and ready to go. Nice trailer.
- Cabo crew, California

2018-12-31 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Great Design, plenty of options and storage. Tows wonderful. The residential fridge is a game changer. Love the independent chairs for dining. Two ac units are awesome. Prepped for solar and generator.
- Jered Baumert, Michigan

2018-10-20 2016 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

I have had problems with the super slide not coming out straight, and at times one side will come in and the other will stop have to use the bypass on the control module to get it in. I have had this in the shop more times then I have bee camping and the dealer never fixed the problem, and Jayco keeps telling me that the slide is supposed to work like that. What a joke. The dealer won't even help because they are losing money every time I bring it in for repairs. If I could I would tell them to shove this camper where the sun don't shine. Jayco is a joke. As far as everything else I love this thing plenty of room and storage, I only wish I could find another one not a Jayco to fit my needs.
- Robert Laird, Mississippi

2018-07-16 2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Very disappointed in this unit. We’ve owned this for 17 months and have had a number of issues. Middle jack fell off, awning pulled away from the trailer, outside fridge broke, leveling system sucks, dump tank issues on top of all the little things that needed to be fixed from cabinets to missing trim. I’ve contacted Jayco a few times but that didn’t get me far. Every time we go camping we are scared of what could happen next....ugh.
- Melissa , Michigan

2018-06-24 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

This RV is a piece of junk that was purchased brand new. We have stayed in it for (2) months and the self leveling system no longer works, the shower head was screwed to the fiberglass wall of the shower with wood screws (and of course fell off), the vacuum went out, the self closing drawers have broken, the oven does not light without basically using a blow torch to get it to light, along with numerous other issues. Buying this RV was the biggest mistake I have made in a very long time. I would like to just haul it back to the dealership and let them have it back. All I can say is DON'T BUY A JAYCO RV. The fact that the shower head was attached to the shower with wood screws instead of a $5 piece of wood blocking or something speaks volumes about the quality of Jayco products. There is no doubt that the next major breakdown is just around the corner. We have (2) months left to stay in our current locations, and the rest of the time here will be like being on a sinking ship using my fingers and toes to plug all the holes...
- Stephen Johnson, Texas

2018-05-18 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

My jayco north point 377RLBH is an absolute piece of s%$t. I bought this thing brand new and our entire vacation was ruined by it. First, the battery wasn’t charging so so it was useless and the entire vessel wasn’t working even when plugged up. When we would charge the battery with our truck one of slides wasn’t working. We took it in to get it repaired and they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the slide. So at this point the battery is finally fixed on the last day of our cross country trip but the slide in our kitchen is non functioning. Next the water decided to quit working but it still worked in the closet near the washing machine hook up and water shot out all over our entire closet, completely drenching our clean clothes and shoes. We had that thing packed out with clothes for me, my husband and our two kids. I’ll never understand how you can spend 60k on a something and it doesn’t even work after 2 weeks of owning it. This has been the biggest mistake of our lives and I’ve never seen my husband cry until this horrific trip. We were so excited about this and hand plans to make it a magical experience for us and our children but it has been an absolute nightmare. All of our time has been spent trying to fix the 1,000 things that are wrong with the RV and being on the phone with customer service. We have spent almost no time together as a family and everyone is hot and sad. I cannot believe that jayco puts these products out for sale. They are absolute peices of **** and their customer service is not helpful and very difficult to get in touch with.
- Rachael Goff, Tennessee

2018-05-18 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

My jayco north point 377RLBH is an absolute piece of ****. I bought this thing brand new and our entire vacation was ruined by it. First, the battery wasn’t charging so so it was useless and the entire vessel wasn’t working even when plugged up. When we would charge the battery with our truck one of slides wasn’t working. We took it in to get it repaired and they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with the slide. So at this point the battery is finally fixed on the last day of our cross country trip but the slide in our kitchen is non functioning. Next the water decided to quit working but it still worked in the closet near the washing machine hook up and water shot out all over our entire closet, completely drenching our clean clothes and shoes. We had that thing packed out with clothes for me, my husband and our two kids. I’ll never understand how you can spend 60k on a something and it doesn’t even work after 2 weeks of owning it. This has been the biggest mistake of our lives and I’ve never seen my husband cry until this horrific trip. We were so excited about this and hand plans to make it a magical experience for us and our children but it has been an absolute nightmare. All of our time has been spent trying to fix the 1,000 things that are wrong with the RV and being on the phone with customer service. We have spent almost no time together as a family and everyone is hot and sad. I cannot believe that jayco puts these products out for sale. They are absolute peices of **** and their customer service is not helpful and very difficult to get in touch with.
- Rachael Goff, Tennessee

2017-12-15 2017 Jayco North Point 375BHFS View Listings

Nothing but problems since day 1. First campground we ever went to with it the one slide got stuck out. Camper sat at campground for over 4 months (while paying lot rent) while Jayco supposedly "tried" to find someone to come fix it. Eventually we had to take slide motors out and push the slide in manually, but still wasn't in all the way. Residential refrigerator fried, washer/dryer fried, inverter fried, fantastic fan fried and carbon monoxide detector goes off nonstop. Think something may be wrong with the wiring??!??! Bunkhouse TV bounced off mount going down a smooth highway and broke trim of inside of slide when it fell, awning light practically melted and shriveled up, awning wouldn't roll in all the way. Side exterior metal panel came unbolted caught wind and bent up going down the road, tankless water heater never heated (Jayco laughed at us when we called about that). Whisper air conditioner never cooled. We had water leaking through 2 ceiling vents and 2 ceiling speakers onto our furniture and carpet soaked up so much moisture we had to pull it up. Grows mold in every corner of it, has water leaking down the interior wall when it rains, wallpaper is bubbling up badly due to moisture, power button fell off of TV in master bedroom and exterior wall between bunkhouse slide and kitchen slide is detaching from interior wall. Has about an inch gap you can see through the kitchen to the bunkhouse. Jayco's fix for that was to just put a few screws into the exterior. This thing is 12 months old been in the shop for over 4 months and are nowhere near having anything fixed. The way they fix things and slap things back together I'm scared to death to get this thing back. We paid over $65,000 for this and it's a total loss. We will never buy from Jayco again. My husband travels for work from coast to coast and tells all the other guys that travel with campers about Jayco. We've stopped several people from buying one and getting totally ripped off like we have!!! If you're looking to purchase from this company save yourself the headache and DONT!!!
- Kelly Castle, Missouri

2017-10-11 2017 Jayco North Point 383FLFS View Listings

We've had our North Point for a little over a year and we love it. Having said that we've also had quite a few problems with it. Most have been very minor, vent flanges not fitting properly, USB ports not working, that kind of thing. After four trips the kitchen slide wouldn't extend. One of the motors went out on the side of the residential fridge. A little later time we discovered that the inverter has never worked. My wife kneeled on the bed to get something out of the bedroom when the slide was in and the bed actually came off the wall; four screws ripped out. The trim on both sides of a wall separating the kitchen and bathroom are coming off, which would indicate movement in the wall. To be fair we've taken a couple of long trips over some not so nice roads, but you would expect a little more stability in something designed to travel and costing this much. I will say that we've never had a problem getting things fixed under warranty. Our dealer has been great handling the problems. Overall, we really have enjoyed our North Point. It's definitely been our home away from the house we live in. I can't say that our experience has been the same or any more severe than others, but the quality of the unit we purchased could use some upgrades.
- Cameron Siron, Illinois

2017-08-30 2017 Jayco North Point 351RSTS View Listings

I have a brand new North Point and have a couple of rock chips. Wrote the CO. to get the paint code to have a local body shop make up some touch up paint and was told by JAYCO to hook up the trailer and take it in to the body shop to be matched. Do they realize what a hassle that is when all you would need is the paint code to have some made. this is the first company that I have dealt with that will not provide a paint number. Just saying
- jim, Michigan