Jayco North Point

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco North Point RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

dennis aaron from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco North Point 351RSTS View Listings

Everything was great until it started warming up. My North point will not maintain good air temp in the heat of the day. It has climbed to as high as 87 and the dealer got it to react 84 and said this was ok and they was nothing else they could do. My recommendation is not to buy one without checking the temp on a hot day.
- dennis aaron, Texas

2021-09-22 2020 Jayco North Point 383FKWS View Listings

By far this has been my favorite luxury fifth wheel. The floorplan is amazing with the forward kitchen. When you enter this fifth wheel and the slides are out it’s like you just entered a home. Even the standard Goodyear tires and the quality roof support that holds more than any other camper on the market according to Jayco. It’s an amazing unit.
- Tim Smith, Indiana

2021-08-26 2020 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Had high hopes for this premium model, but quality horrible and support from Jayco even worse. Within first days of use, the bottles water line had leaked all under sink (Jayco didn’t assemble compression fittings properly) and thermostat for gas fired water heater failed. Within first year I now have lots of hydraulic oil leaking from the leveling system pump and the Jaycommand touchscreen completely shot. A few other quality nuisances too, not to mention two product recall notices in year 1 - one for windows that might fly off, the other for faulty propane regulator. If you’re parked at a remote seasonal site like I am, don’t expect much (i.e. any) support from Jayco or their distributor. You have to haul the thing to them, or pay some ungodly sum to send a technician even just for the simple fixes. They won’t even consider sending you a cheap part to fix it yourself. This is my 4th camper, though first and last that will be Jayco. Quality and support are horrid. I should have bought the Montana.
- Steve Lavargna, Massachusetts

2021-08-26 2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS View Listings

We have maintained the coach so that when we decide to go somewhere all we need to do is load and go.the reason we put Dexter axles an disc brakes on was I wanted the best brakes possible.everything that has been to the coach has been done to hopefully prevent down time on the road.we love this coach but would like to get a motor home.this a great all season home
- Bryan Eugene Collar, Indiana

2021-08-19 2020 Jayco North Point 315RLTS View Listings

After shelling out $75k $2300 (cash) for an extended warranty I drove this unit home, 120 miles. I tried turning on the fireplace and it didn't work, after opening and closing the slide out that has the refrigerator in it maybe 3 times, it stuck open and I couldn't get it closed (out of sync and Lippert was apparently not working correctly to over-ride), couldn't drive it that way and couldn't get a technician closer than 120 miles from my area, my warranty pays for the work, not mileage (over $300). I had to hire an electrician at my own expense (slightly cheaper) to drive out and get the slide out in, just so I could transport it back to where I bought it to get fixed. They fixed the slide out and some other minor issues, ordered a new fireplace but I would have to drive it back over at some point to get the fireplace installed (short handed because of COVID). 3 weeks after they initially told me it would be ready, we again drove our camper 120 miles home, missing a planned family trip that we haven't missed in 25 years. When we finally took our first trip, the breaker kept tripping when trying to make coffee or turning the heater on so we froze. We were dry camping but hooked up to a 3500 Honda generator so that should have easily ran a coffee pot and fan. I then purchased a new Cummins Onan 4500 watt generator
- Rene Baustadt, Montana

2021-07-01 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Like floor plan. Shower leaked, even after warranty work. Lots of manufacturing debris through out the trailer. Holes drilled incorrectly, and holes left unfilled. Trim separated in various locations. Looks like it was assembled by junior high school class. And, not by the shop class. Severe problem with the paint hazing. This trailer lives in an enclosed pole barn. Winnebago’s solution was to send instructions on washing and waxing the trailer. My previous 2006 Itasca Meridian looked brand new when I sold it. I know how to wash and wax an RV. This thing is poorly made!
- Mike Horvath, Washington

2021-06-19 2021 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

2021 Jayco Northpoint 377RLBH. I took new delivered May 2021.. This has been a nightmare since delivery. The recliner was delivered with and obvious bent frame. The black tank flushline was not connected properly and the shower leaks from various points and the kitchen slide out ripped up the kitchen floor the first time I retracted it. I contacted Jayco and they are extremely friendly but no assistance at all!!! I'm I retired disabled Persian Golf veteran and to date this purchase has been the worst of my lifetime. There is no help for me but I would ask that if anyone is interested in a new camper please go anywhere else then to Jayco. To date I had to remove the bathroom wall to replair the black tank flush line, removed shower access panel to tighten all connections and seal all areas water can penatrate. In closing I had no idea when you purchased a Jayco there is no useful assistance they would offer other then friendly conversations via phone. With all of the problems I have experienced the kitchen floor is the least of my worries! Please, please read this review as a warning to not purchase a Jayco! It is only my wife and me if I had little kids I would not know how to explain to them all of the problems and why daddy is constantly working on repairing a new camper, disappointment does not begin to cover how me and my wife feel. If there is anyone at Jayco that wants to contact me to review compensation and repair of my nightmare I would welcome and more that happy to post a retraction and how Jayco made things right!
- Paul Colantoni, Massachusetts

2021-06-11 2019 Jayco North Point 315RLTS View Listings

This expensive 5th wheel was purchased new from a Camping World dealer in Mesquite, TX. The purchase process was not really pleasant and we had a heck of a time getting them to fulfill their entire commitment to the deal. I finally had to drive my tow vehicle from south of Nashville, TN to Mesquite in order for them to finally install the proper auto-sliding hitch in the truck. It has been a disaster practically since we towed it off the lot. The large kitchen slide has never worked correctly and has cost us multiple service calls while traveling in an attempt to get it working properly. The electric fireplace died after using it a few times: it has been replaced; the water pump died similarly: it as also been replaced; the 3.0 6-point electric auto leveling system has been a constant source of issues, although, I must say the Lippert technical support people have been very good at talking me through the problems. The oven pilot light would never come on; had to replace the entire oven. Other non-Jayco issues include a flat tire on my first trip in the trailer and a blown tire on the third trip. All this being considered, once we made it to a campground, and if the slide out worked and if the auto leveling system worked, the unit has been quite comfortable and very livable. Incidentally, we have just recently gotten the unit home after it spent over 9 months at a repair facility. The prolonged repair period was due to extremely poor parts availability and delivery, greatly worsened due to the Covid pandemic. I'm sorry I purchased this unit, but I don't believe the quality of components and the quality control is much better on any units today.
- Robert D Nelson, Tennessee

2021-05-25 2017 Jayco North Point 351RSTS View Listings

we have own a jayco of some sort for 35 years . i would not buy another one. needed some parts went two five dealerships before i could get parts ordered .called jayco for part numbers then took them to dealer .finally got them ordered .wow then the fun starts needed a trim piece 5 mouths later it came in the color not even close dealer not his problem . call jayco talked Jodi taylor she was going to fix everthing that is a waste of time then brittany hicks 4 weeks later she tells me that what they send you is what you get .1800.00 dollars is in my garage floor that i can not use jayco has there money and i cleaned off shelves for them great company
- donald black, South Carolina

2021-05-10 2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

The livability on this fifth wheel is designed for home away from home livability. The master and second bedroom is spacious and well suites our needs for sleeping accessibility. The loft not only provides sleeping quarters for two, it can also be used for storage. It has been used for both and have been pleased with this amenity. The overall quality, regardless from others, is without a doubt, the best I have ever owned. I have owned multiple RV’s (7) and this Northpoint is the best I have ever owned. The customer service from Jayco directly, is hands down, the best customer service I have ever experienced. You most definitely get results from them because they will handle any issues with the local distributors directly. I have never been upset with them, usually it’s your local distributors you have to hold accountable. The floor plan suites our needs for this fifth wheel due to the residential kitchen and the overall setup is setup for your convenience. Towing this fifth wheel is as smooth as it gets. I have towed with truck models from 2500’s to 350’s and have never been disappointed. Setting up in parks or overall tow ability has been effortless, maybe having to slow down because you may forget you are towing anything behind you is the thing I have to remind myself when towing. Also, you do have a camera on the back for towing or setting up which has proven to be handy. Rating this RV without a doubt gets all 5’s from my experience.
- Leon Cummings Jr, North Carolina

2021-03-28 2019 Jayco North Point 385THWS View Listings

very dissatisfied with this very expensive rv trailer. suspension is too light for the weight of the trailer. also should have shock absorbers installed from the factory. insulation is non existent in bottom of front compartment, under front hitch area, rear garage area and throughout inside ceiling from front to back. Jayco has built this unit to appear to be well built and very nice, but when you remove access panels and see how its really put together you get the real picture. lots of access points for mice to enter under trailer. if I hadn't spent 2 full days plugging holes in the frame rails and wherever connections or pipes come through the bottom of the unit it would be infested with rodents in no time. my advice is don't buy Jayco and if you choose to ignore that advice, at least save yourself some grief and don't buy from grimsby Ontario.
- Jeff wieder, Ontario

2021-03-25 2020 Jayco North Point 315RLTS View Listings

I bought a new Jayco Fifth Wheel off the dealer lot. Before its first camping trip I noticed that not all the ceiling lights worked. After a long wait on a technician, I found that the wiring above the ceiling was bad, and had to be replaced. Then, when I tested the drinking water, the faucet had an internal leak, so I had to order a new one. Then, the white water line going to the faucet had a leak behind the trash basket. It turned out that the nut holding the water line to the on/off valve hadn't even been finger tightened. Next, the dining room seat bottoms fell out with little to nothing stored there. On inspection, the seat bottoms had been stapled, but the staples didn't go into the seat bottoms. Sure, an assembly line worker might be lazy, but the quality control guy should have found these problems. What are the odds that both the assembly line worker and the quality control people are all lazy? Quite simply, Jayco wants to get their trailers out the door, and let the customer deal with problems that should have been rectified in the factory. Apparently, I need to take a repair technician with me when I go camping.
- Larry Tate, Oklahoma

2021-03-21 2020 Jayco North Point 383FKWS View Listings

This is our first 5th Wheel, and unfortunately it’s been a really bad experience. Prior to this we have had class A motor homes. I regret the change. The quality of the 5th wheel is poor at best. It’s an uphill battle because Jayco warranty only covers what they built, none of the components. I’ve had to go directly to the manufactures to have the majority of the issues covered under (non) Jayco warranty, including issues before I took delivery. This includes the axle that bent with less than 4500 miles on it. My tire almost blew out due to the defective axle. Jayco would not cover it but Dexter did. I had to cover shipping and labor, due to Jayco refusing to cover the problem. I purchased the Rv in Mar 2020, and the Rv has spent months at dealerships waiting for repairs. If you look in forums, axle failure has been a big issue. Scary thought.
- William Prunty, Illinois

2021-02-28 2020 Jayco North Point 375BHFS View Listings

Beautiful; well kept. Great price. Won't last long for sure. It has everything you could ever want! Fireplace and entertainment center is gorgeous. Sound system goes through 5th wheel and outside. Nice large awning.
- Jo D., California

2021-02-26 2021 Jayco North point 381FLWS View Listings

Just purchased a 2021 Jayco North point front living room 5th wheel..We have only had this for a month and it literally has so many flaws it's rediculas..I have buyers remorse. Literally the first day in it the hot water heater didn't work Bish's RV came out to fix said they they fixed it and next day did not work again😡 so we had to take it to the dealership and they found wires shorting out. Omg Who let this off the assembly line! During this time noticed the kitchen island granite top was cracked, then noticed the glass shower door was cracked the light switch in living room was not working the floor is lifting in bathroom and kitchen..how are they going to fix that? It's all one piece I really don't know how this was all overlooked upon inspection at dealership and how we didn't notice it till we brought it home. Paid 85,000 too much for this rig. I'm very dissatisfied and disappointed as we were so excited to enjoy our new RV.. Shame on Jayco for their crappy workmanship. At first glance it's a beautiful Rv which is why this is so disappointing I would never recommend a Jayco ever..We had a montana before this and no problems never never again and now we are stuck with a lemon 😫 I plan to persue the lemon law it's just not right. Buyer beware..
- Colleen B., Idaho

2021-02-21 2016 Jayco North Point 383FLFS View Listings

The water lines begin to leak the first week of owning this unit. I had to replace fans on both AC units because there are no service people available. The bed needed to be braced because of cheap and bad design. While washing my Rv I noticed that the plywood on the roof has staples ready to poke through the rubber membrane.I bough this Rv to live in because of my job constantly moving. I would not purchase this unit again giving a second chance..
- Mitchell Herbert Burk, Mississippi

2021-01-12 2020 Jayco North Point 387RDFS View Listings

I love the look of this trailer but I believe Jayco is the worst RV manufacturer to buy from. We brought the trailer in March of 2020. We had taken it out one time for a shake down trip, 500 mile round trip, and everything seemed fine with the trailer. Then the first week in October we took out of the second time, 200 mile round trip, and when we got back to our house the front driverside tire and hub assembly broke off. Contacted the dealership and they informed me that I would have to work with Jayco to repair the problem. Contacted Jayco and was asked to send picks to them of the hub assembly so they could start the claim process. So I sent them their pictures right after I got of the phi one with them. I called back a week later to check the status only to be told that they didn’t receive the email. So while on the phone, I hit resend and low and behold they received the email. so I waited again and had to call back again about two weeks later to be told that “I” needed to find a mobile repair company to come out and get an estimate for a full axle replacement. So I find a company, RV Rescue, to give me an estimate. I informed Alex at RV Rescue that he needed to send the estimate to Jayco,as asked by Jayco, but also asked him to CC me since their m.o. is to say they never received an email. So a week later again call Jayco to check status and again was told they didn’t receive the estimate from RV Rescue. SO again while on the phone with Jayco I resent the email from RV rescue and they received it right then. I was told then that they were going to sending it to Dexter since it was their axle and they would be the one to have to warranty the claim. So I’m waiting again for a couple of weeks to only have to call again about the status, this time I’m being told that Dexter needs my address so the could send me the new axles for replacement. So I asked why didn’t they give my address to them since it was part of the claim filing process and they stated that they needed to confirm before they send give it to them. So now I finally get the axle the week of Thanksgiving and got my axles replaced. I sent them an email stating that the old axles were ready to be picked up and also sent more pictures of the axles and the damage to the tire that I also needed to be replaced since the side wall of the tire was damaged. Damaged enough that if I get pulled over by law enforcement that I would be cited for having a defective tire on the trailer So two weeks go by and still haven’t heard from Jayco and nobody has picked up the old axles. So I call again to be told that they didn’t receive the email. Seeing the pattern here. I also informed them that I had to pay RV Rescue for the repair and that I needed my money back, i had attached a copy of the final invoice in the previous email. They informed me that Dexter would have to repay me but that wouldn’t happen until they received the axles back for testing to make sure it wasn’t something that i caused. Which i was never Ed informed until that call. So it wasn’t two days later and FEDEX was here to pick up the axles. So now I’m waiting again and i finally said I’m not waiting on Dexter to get the axles so i emailed Dexter and sent the pictures showing the axles and that as a welder by trade that i knew exactly what happened and it was during the welding of the hub to the axle tube. It was cold welded if anyone knows what is. So i get an email back the next day from Dexter stating that they were sending over the claim for processing. So now on January 7th i received the check from Dexter for the repairs. Cant say nothing but great things about Dexter and they way they handled the claim. SO now here on January 12th I’m call Jayco about the tire replacement since we are taking the trailer out for the 16th though 23rd and i need a spare in case of a tire failure. They informed me that the tire was also Dexters issue since the tire was damaged due to the axle failing. They would have to get back with me when they hear back from Dexter. I doubt Jayco will call since they have never called or emailed first during this whole warranty claim. Jayco has done nothing but passed the buck on to Dexter and helped in any real way of taking care of this claim. The wife and i will never buy another Jayco product after this and will work to make sure nobody else does either.
- Randy Wilson, Texas

2020-12-28 2019 Jayco North Point 385THWS View Listings

I really loved traveling in that RV it’s luxuriously comfortable can bring golf cart or motorcycle my F3 50 Ford diesel pulled it like it wasn’t even back there went up north to New Hampshire and Maine and then down to Florida that’s all it has traveled only reason I’m selling it it’s because we bought a house in Florida. It’s like new you can save 25,000 buying both truck and camper
- Eric Pust, New York

2020-11-05 2020 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Worst investment ever! Jayco is not supportive during these strange times we live in. We have owned several RVs and for the money we spent......I am going to put it on a corner lot with a banner that lists everything wrong with and the lack of service from Jayco. One service rep tells us one thing and another something different
- susan spaulding, Texas

2020-10-01 2020 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

We have owned this model for just over a year. It has been an excellent quality product. The only issue we have had as we traveled was with a short in one of the fuses to a slide and it was covered by warranty and reimbursed by Jayco. We enjoyed the tall ceilings - The AC kept it cool enough even on the hotter days and the heat (electric and gas) kept it warm through winter months. One of our favorite features have been the large windows for some great lakeside views.
- TJ deJong, Texas

2020-09-06 2020 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Similar to another evaluation I just saw; This RV has had several leaks. Still experiencing leaks - I took possession of the RV in May 2020. Mostly due to poor workmanship at assembly. Chair in dining room fell apart due to improper screw length use. Window blind stopped working had to be replaced. The most serious issue (for me) is the furnace. The fan kicks in, but the gas burner fails to ignite. Hence, the fan stops. The service man opened the furnace cover and felt that he discovered the issues - poor connection at a multi-connector on the control PC board. However, the situation is getting worst. Now, I unplug and plug-in the connector as the service man did, but that is only good for one ignition. After the furnace reaches set temperature, and then tries to re-ignite again to maintain the set temperature, the furnace fails to ignite - until I "re-set" it again. Doing it at 4 am with outdoor temps in the 40's is no fun and getting old fast. JAYCO should investigate their assembly and quality check procedures, as well as their furnace supplier component quality, etc.. to avoid loosing reputation altogether. Not so happy customer, HELP!
- Frank Kay, Michigan

2020-08-14 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

Nothing good to say about Jayco. They do not stand by there warranty at, even when dealer Tech ageas on manufacturers defect. I would recommend not buying any Jay co product. This is my 10th camper and first Jayco never again.
- Dave linnertz, Colorado

2020-07-31 2019 Jayco North Point 383FKWS View Listings

This 5th wheel is the perfect camper, a home away from home is what it was for us! The big kitchen is my favorite part of this camper, and the easy auto leveling made things stress free. The double awnings also give plenty of space for shade - which I love!
- Allison, Kansas

2020-07-27 2020 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

This 5th wheel has been just problem after problem. This is our third camper (second Jayco), and I haven't had as many problems with the first two combined as I have with this camper in the first 3 months of owning it. Multiple water leaks, screws barely attaching anything, cabinet doors coming off, the touchscreen tablet controller never works, awnings both roll-up crooked. You name it and it seems to be happening on this one. The floorplan is great for our family of 6, but the cons outweigh the pros on this one.
- Patrick, Illinois

2020-06-30 2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH View Listings

We have been extremely happy with our unit! Yes, there have been some warranty issues (as with every unit we have ever bought) but Jayco has gone above and beyond with any issues we have had. Not sure why all the bad reviews because we have not had those issues. Auto leveling is great unless you are parked on a bad slope. The refrigerator is awesome with lots of room although we don't use the fridge water because it is difficult to access the shut off lines and we don't drink it due to the winter antifreeze going through it. Ours has a generator and washer & dryer installed and are really happy with both. During the cooler months, we use an infrared space heater in the kitchen area to keep it warm because when the furnace kicks in, the bedroom gets too warm for us. The heated love seats are very welcome in the cooler weather. I love the extra bedroom for the grandkids because they can leave it a mess and it does not interfere with the remainder of the unit (I keep it tidy most of the time) and they can watch their DVD's with the door closed on those rainy days. There is also a table in that bedroom so they can put on their drinks while watching, do crafts or I also use it also as an extra office desk when duty calls for it. Lots of storage all over the place. Would prefer this over our large coach any day for sleeping space and storage space.
- Henry & Bernice Guenther, Alberta