Jayco Jay Sport

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Sport RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

cody mclean from Alberta says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Jayco Jay Sport 12UD View Listings

I recently purchased the a new 2018 Jayco jay series sport 12ud tent trailer from RV City in Morinville. It was meant to be a more budget friendly option in terms of gas and towing for my family to enjoy some camping this year without buying a larger trailer. Unfortunately it has had nothing but problems from the start and has become a regretful purchase. Upon our first camping trip: - 1 of the beds bowed (they are supposed to hold 1050 lbs) and we are a family of four with 2 young children. Our combined weight doesn't even amount to half of what it's capability states and we never all even slept on the same bed. Also the strapping on the other bed came off because it was only glued on and when they fixed it was stapled. - sink would not drain properly - fuse was not working - dinette table was warped Immediately after coming home we took the trailer to get everything fixed. Then a few weeks later we go on a trip again. - A baseboard falls off - the stove becomes warped after travel (it was slid in its proper travelling position when not in use at the time of damage) - the electrical switch on the outside of the trailer was extremely finicky and it was difficult to get power All this to say, this trailer is complete junk and made cheaply. To camp for a total of 8 days with the majority of our time simply spent sleeping and have all this go wrong in a brand new trailer is completely unacceptable.
- cody mclean, Alberta

2021-08-30 2017 Jayco Jay Sport 8SD View Listings

I have had my camper for 4 years, I bought my jayco8sd new and have experienced friendly dealers willing to help with my first RV purchase. My family enjoys the outdoor camping experience with this well equipped pop up camper.
- Happy camper, Illinois

2021-08-06 2017 Jayco Jay Sport 12UD View Listings

We purchased our "NEW" travel trailer, April 2017 from Traveland in Langley, BC. On the first camping trip the full front door would not fit onto the frame correctly. As we were out on a trip we put up with the discomfort of insects inside and returned it to the dealer for repairs on the way home. The dealership had it for 6 weeks and when we picked it up they told us they had repaired the small travel door and we should have no further problems. Not only did they "repair" the wrong door, but they were proud that of what they had done. This went on for 3 years, fixing things that were not broken. This last time they ACTUALLY tried to fix the correct door. We went to pick it up only to find the bottom section of the frame was not secured to the door, PLUS we had a hole in the awning. I have now decided to either purchase a complete new awning and door, given the alternative of a new trailer. THIS TIME IT WON'T BE A JAYCO AND TRAVELAND WILL NEVER SEE ME AGAIN. I doubt they could repair their way out of a wet paper bag.
- John B. Reynolds, British Columbia

2021-04-17 2018 Jayco Jay Sport 12UD Baja View Listings

We've had a few small issues with this popup but nothing serious. The door is sometimes hard to pull down when closing the camper and a wire has fallen down from the roof and we had to fasten it back. Otherwise, it's been great. Heating and a/c work well, beds are comfortable once we replaced the underlying foam and it's easy to pull. The kitchen is easy enough to use but we mostly cook on the outdoor grill. The large dinette is great for our family of 4. We've driven it across the country and loved it.
- s. thompson, Michigan

2019-11-18 2018 Jayco Jay Sport 12UD View Listings

Bought the camper from Camper World in Georgetown, KY. On the first camping trip the awning broke and the front door would not close. The electric crank would not take the camper up. The second time out the refrigerator went out and the camper would not close completely. Camper World Georgetown,KY had it in their service department for two months. The third trip the right hand tire blew on the way to and from trip and the camper would not close. Called camper world and was assured blown tires were common and it was not unusual to have two blow on the same trip. The problem with the tires are they are twelve inches and work twice as hard as vehicle tires and the right side axle has the small gear heating the tires up until they blow. Shame on you Jayco for producing such a poor product. I definitely regret the purchase of the camper and buying from Camper World Georgetown, KY.
- Nicole , Ohio