Jayco Jay Flight SLX Reviews on RV Insider (33)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight SLX RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

marvin barrett from Texas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW View Listings

The cabinets are not constructed professionally. Not one screw is installed properly, all are crooked. Dinette seats are coming apart and are too far apart to make a bed. Flooring peeling. Crap...
- marvin barrett, Texas

2020-09-21 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX View Listings

We have owned this RV since 2019. The floor plan in this RV is Good. I had a Leak inside the RV and I took to ORLANDO RV in Casselberry Florida 5 Months a go and they never fix. This has been a truly disappointment experience. Now they want me take the RV home with out fix and bring back another time. this is the email They send me this email below after 5 months my RV are there to fix: Tracey Palmer <t.palmer@rvone.com> Sat 9/19/2020 2:08 PM To: Ashlynn Straughan Cc: CLAYTON.BEZERRA@OUTLOOK.COM Mr. Bezerra stated he will be picking up his unit tomorrow. He is aware that Jayco has denied the claims for approval. I told him if he gets an actual approval from Jayco we can schedule him back in for service repairs. He is also aware of the storage fees at our facility. I am emailing you so we all our on the same page. Thank you! Thank you, Tracey A. Palmer Service Advisor Orlando RV ONE STAYING COVID SAFE 2020!! ------------------------- Office# (407) 409-7707 EXT#1422 FAX# (321-972-3976) Web: RVOne.com Video: youtube.com/RVOneSuperstores Buyer beware
- Cleiton Bezerra, Florida

2020-09-18 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW View Listings

Great Family RV. Lots of space and storage. Layout is spacious. Double bunks are spacious for young and old. Bathroom vanity outside of bathroom making it usable when bath is occupied. Solid floor unlike other units I've been in that feel spongy. Tows great!
- Steve Karakula, Michigan

2020-08-18 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 287BHSW View Listings

My husband and I bought it last April. We camped with a few times that year to see if everything worked. We had a Few small problems. Then we took it to Florida Jan - Apr. about a month and a half in the furnace broke. We had to buy an electric heater. I noticed around the kitchen sink, whoever put Countertop with the sink in it never wrapped the laminate underneath. So the water got underneath it,and know the wood is getting punky. I am afraid that mold might be starting. ALRV is where we bought it. Said the furnace was our fault, and made us pay over a hundred dollars. They said they had fixed the furnace, but never put back in the camper to check. The windows were leaking also. We brought it home and the furnace still didn’t work. He took back today , they fixed the furnace, but the wrong stuff came for the windows. So know we have to take it back again. What really bothers me is the fact that Jayco said the kitchen sink was our fault.
- Kathleen Baumgartner , Massachusetts

2020-08-16 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

We purchased a 2018 232RB SLX Jayco Jayflight. Our first opinion regarding this travel trailer remains unchanged. The floor plan is a good one. However,the more time you spend in the unit, the defects become more apparent. Such as; part of kitchen counter was not installed straight, screws installed on an angle, trim that was touched up from minor scratches not done by us. This is probably a common repair by many manufactures other than Jayco. Clearance light under outdoor stair installed on a very noticeable angle. Under the unit was not seal entirely. One evening we had a very large rat looking for dinner under our sink. Service issues, there were several that were not handled well by our dealer. Their approach to service was if they ignored you long enough you would go away. We just went to another dealer that was personable & professional. Jayco always answered our questions! What is most baffling, bad dealers do not seem to have to answer to big brother. In the future when it is time to make a new purchase, I think we will leave our Jayco behind & look to at different manufactures. We will ask more questions & take a much closer look !! Happy Caming!!!
- Barney, Ontario

2020-07-29 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 175RD View Listings

Love the look at layout of this little camper but the quality is about as low as it gets. I bought it new in February, went across country in March and it has been in the shop with a laundry list of issues since two weeks in. Walls warped, hot water panel blew first week, laminate is peeling, table warped, water leaking from front window soaking the mattress every time it rains, the door flies open when you hit a bump, refrigerator won't stay closed and sealed, speakers on awning do not work.. and the list goes on. They have spent over 16 labor hours on this and Jayco refuses to swap it out for another unit. They are tearing the walls out as we speak and replacing, ruining the structural integrity. Do.not.buy from a company that does not stand behind their product and the safety of their customers.
- Michelle Willis, South Carolina

2020-06-13 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 245RLSW View Listings

As the salesman told us, "these are built to a price point". For us the floorplan was exactly what we were looking for. Fit and finish are not great but we expected that. Initial few trips had problems but were resolved by dealer, last two years no issues. Pulls fine with my F150 Ecoboost although wind gusts can be scary even with our anti sway hitch. I've made a few cosmetic and functional improvements as well as strengthening areas in the build that were weak (such as the bed frame). Overall happy with the unit after about 15 weeks of camping so far.
- Tony Stanley, British Columbia

2020-01-29 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 287BHSW View Listings

I purchased the camper as my retirement vehicle. Purchased brand new 08/2017 and now a night mare. Roof leaks, hotwater heater doesn't work, cabinets buckling. OF coarse Jayco says nothing is covered under warranty, didn't even offer to tell me where I could take it locally since Im out on the road with the camper. I am very disappointed with Jayco. They don't stand behind their product. I will not buy another one and looking to trade this one in ASAP two thumb down for Jayco. buyer beware
- Karla Spencer, Texas

2020-01-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

We looked at many trailers prior to our purchase. Our plan is to travel across Canada when my wife retires in 2020 & thought this unit would be a good fit. Price point was competive, quality is comparative to other Jayco trailers & competitors . Lay out is good and is comfortable for the two of us. Our experience is if there more than 3 people inside at any given time, too crowded. The only main issue I have is with the cuboards on both sides of the main bed. The area is tight and makes getting into the bed a little uncomfortable & hazardous. The corners are not rounded, but squared. I have been injured on several occasions. This is a safety concern & We have not seen any changes on the newer models. That design needs to be adjusted! Minor warranty problems, but resoloved. This trailer is a must on your list if your looking for a sound unit. Good luck with picking your Kind Regards, Brian Kirk
- Brian, Ontario

2019-11-15 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB View Listings

We have ours for 3 years. Most things were minor like the seating I am a big guy and the bracing for the booth seating broke my wife is a small gal and hers were doing the same thing. I spent a day fixing this problem and now they are very sturdy should be built this way from the factory also heard from other Jayco owners this is a common issue. Also did the same with the bed just in case put a brace through the middle for support. Some things we added that should be built in when these are being built like air shocks for the bed to use the storage. We have had 2 leaks one came in where the Antenna is and the other is the door for the front storage. We re sealed with Silicone on the door and dicor caulking on the roof.
- Kenneth H, Missouri

2019-11-06 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 232RB View Listings

Purchased the trailer 2018. This unit fits our needs, however, as you spend more time in the unit, you really see how cheaply & quickly these trailers are thrown together. The taps are of a very low grade material & kitchen faucet had to be replaced. Would not move as designed. I would hope anything that carries or despenses a liquid would be of sound quality. Water pump sounds as if it is ready for lift off, even after we had kink in water line repaired. Module for water heater had to be replaced. On either side of the bed there are two cupboards. Very functional, but also very dangerous. Since the space is limited, the edging should be rounded. I have been hurt on more than one occasion. We understand, materials have to be light & room is limited, but why does quality & workmanship have to be sacrificed? I am at loss to understand how this would be part of a good business plan. At some point, sales will be affected. Parts do fail & this is understandable, but constant visits to service? For us, we will be extremly carefull with our next purchase. The internet can be a very valuable tool. At some point, the manufactures just might get it. Happy Camping!
- Brian, Ontario

2019-10-18 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 154BH View Listings

This TT has plenty of room for 2 adults. I love having a full bathroom. I'm new at towing a TT. I havent had any problems. Ive never had any problems with this TT.Its very clean and still smells new!
- Betty, Georgia

2019-09-19 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB BAJA View Listings

We bought our rv in 2016 new and love it and always take care of it and store indoors in winter and now we recently discovered the aluminum siding is corroding we sent two messages to Jaco with no reply asking for a solution or what may be going on. Screws were to long and are points all over skin of rv.its a shame to pay so much for a rv and.no that they don't stand behind it.
- James, Pennsylvania

2019-06-30 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 174BH View Listings

The service and warranty for jayco trailer are worthless!! My recommendation is to go with a company that stands by their products!! The issue I had are strictly with the warranty or lack of/communication.
- Justin , Arizona

2019-04-27 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 287BHSW View Listings

Quality build by Jayco, the largest shower offered with a Bunkhouse design. No aspect of this Trailer has been overlooked. Features campers want like ample storage space below as well as cabinets. Shoe storage, coat hooks, large u shaped dinette, paired with a 12ft slide for a large open living area. Thumbs Way Up Jayco
- Tony M, Arizona

2019-02-22 2015 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW View Listings

Awesome RV! We have enjoyed it greatly! We are upgrading to a class A is the only reason we are selling! We highly recommend starting small and seeing if it’s a good fit for your family! If you’re like us you’ll be hooked with the first trip!
- Megan, Texas

2019-01-06 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW View Listings

Ok. So after a lot of research we decided to go to Jayco for our first RV. We wanted a product with good reviews. After our purchase a year and half ago I can say we have been very satisfied with the quality of the product. We have been on about 10 trips and just got back from a 2000 mile trip. We have not had but one major issue the black tank wouldn't flush so we made an appointment and took it in and they said someone put the tank on backwards. It was fixed and we have had no other trouble. It tows easily with the sway bars we added for safety at there suggestion and after hitting a lot of wind we were grateful for it. I don't like a few things but that isn't to say the quality was bad...plastic sink melts when you put a hot pan in it (I put a pan in a sink full of soapy water to wash it and it left damage- my bad). I don't like that it doesn't have a ladder to the top bunk but I have heard you can buy one. I don't like that the couch is so close to the sink but again this isn't a quality issue. The water heater, shower, toilet, oven,microwave refrigerator and stove have all worked like a dream, Mattress was good at first but now we want to upgrade. I would add hydraulics for the Master bed because you will use it alot for storage. I don't like that the outside compartment crawl through goes to my bedroom (saftey issue)Make sure you lock the outside compartments always when you are away. The big cloth folding boxes at Walmart, work great in the above open bed compartment,we put shoes and swimming suits and things in them. The couch bed isn't comfortable because of a bar across the middle of it but the dinning room table is a comfortable bed. Fridge is small so bring a cooler for drinks and milk. Most windows open so it's a nice cross breeze. Awning works great and we always roll it up when we are out in case of wind. Propane tanks last us quite a while on a trip and we have never had battery issues. Use the outdoor shower for washing off dirt, its nice to have. It's time for us to get a bigger one now. Hope this helps with your purchase. Purchased at [dealer] of Fort Worth TX Highly recommend them.
- Tami Watson, Texas

2018-12-06 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW View Listings

Dont ever buy a jayco owned it for going on 2 years might had a total of 4 months third trailer we have owned and love to camp has ruined all our expirences because we sit there wondering whats going to break bought it from [dealer] in fresno and its been there so much it finally got broken into and we lost everything
- James Packard, California

2018-11-16 2015 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW View Listings

The Jayco Jay Flight SLX is a perfect travel trailer for young families with plenty of sleeping space for up to 10 people including 2 double-sized bunks. Lightweight and easy to tow it has great amenities to enjoy the comforts of home away from home. Easy to hook-up to travel and easy to hook-up on site when utilities are available and easily runs on a 2000 amp generator including the A/C. Shower-tub combination with separate vanity area. Plenty of storage inside and outside as well as a large pantry. Great neutral colors and plenty of light brought in by windows and sunroof. Heater warms trailer quickly on cold mornings. Electric pop-out and awning provide ease in set-up and electric panel provides easy way to monitor clean water, grey and black water and battery life. 3-burner stove top, oven and microwave provide ease in meal preparation and refrigerator is big enough for storage for family. Jayco builds great quality travel trailers at a reasonable price with great warranty coverage.
- Rob, Arizona

2018-08-30 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 287BHSW View Listings

I would not recommend anyone buy a jayco. Mine has been in the shop more then my family has been able to enjoy the trailer. It’s been one issue after another. And now we have a big one and they are not standing behind their unit. Awning ripped right out of the trailer. Awning company covered the awning, but no one including the dealer will fix the aluminum that it ruined, just glad none of my three kids got hurt. Bought it for the name and now we are stuck with a trailer that’s ruined. So disappointed with Jayco customer service as well. Tried to chase answers and no one responds. Absolutely ridiculous.
- Craig moerland, Ontario

2018-08-29 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 242BHSW Baja View Listings

I love the floor plan. I do not love the cheap construction. The shelf in the master bed area is secured to 1/8 wall paneling, so with two pairs of pants, a few t shirts and a hoodie, the paneling is buckling and pulling away from the cabinets on both sides. The control panel for the water heater has blown twice this summer (bought it brand new in May), leaving us no hot water while traveling. The faucet on the kitchen sink is set up in such a way that there's literally no way to avoid getting water on the countertop. The faucet wasn't sealed to the counter in any way, so the first time we used it the shelf under the faucet got wet. The first time we tried to fill our fresh water tank the bottom bunk and around the bathroom door flooded because there was a loose fitting on the water pump. The list goes on. If I could return it I would. I'm very dissatisfied with this brand. My local RV place has worked with me the best they can, but they can only do so much when things like cupboards aren't covered in manufacturers warranty.
- Maygan, Idaho

2018-08-28 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 32BDSW View Listings

Its was the standard dealership expierience. The trailer looks good but all the lights caught fire and i had to tighten every bit of plumbing. The sofa springs busted . Windows are installed wrong. The warranty sucks. You can get it fixed if you drop it off for six months. They pushed me thru the inspection. Overall a very nice looking piece of junk
- Glen bell, Washington

2018-08-10 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB BAJA View Listings

My 1/2 ton 6 cylinder reg cab could tow, but not well. A 8cyl 1/2 ton should have no problem. I love this trailer. Been out below freezing (no water in tanks), and kept me warm. Everything works, except the Bluetooth IRV no longer pairs. Mattress is firm and sinking a bit, fridge works great, A/C worked at 103F on LOW cool and kept me very comfortable, but a bit loud. GREAT couples trailer, as you can get out on side of bed, unlike R-Pod. Baja has super clearance! I would recommend with no problem, although this is NOT a custom trailer and is built for the VALUE buyer!
- Steely 49, Washington

2018-05-05 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 265RLSW View Listings

The Jayco Jayflight SLX 265RLSW Baja is the perfect affordable lightweight remote to manicured camping trailer. With amenities such as LED lighting, exterior speakers, blue ray player, powerful AC, and full frig included standard, you won’t have to sacrifice comfort. Large propane and freshwater tanks, high ground clearance, and an easy half ton truck tow make this the ideal all around home away from home.
- Monte Martin, Nevada

2017-12-16 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 174BH View Listings

I bought an SLX 174BH in the Austin area, planning on not planning an RV trek to anywhere I wanted to go. No time frame either -- easy, since I'm retired. I planned to sell the trailer after returning, so I got a bunkhouse model figuring it would sell easier. It did. I never got beyond New Mexico, not because of the trailer, but because New Mexico is a superb state to spend 10 weeks exploring. 10 weeks turns about to be my limit for this sport, with Austin waiting back home. I have no serious issues with the 174BH, which pulled nicely with a 2004 V8 4Runner with tow package. It did the job for me, and everything worked fine.
- Chris Butler, Texas