Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 Reviews on RV Insider (14)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Trish from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 287BHSW View Listings

Worst trailer quality ever. 6 months old and every wall leaks to the point of mold behind cabinets and cushions. Every window and door sweats to the point of dripping water causing yet again mold behind door wall and floor. Where there is water there is ants. Kitchen sink plumbing leaks so bad have to have bowl under to catch water because such tight fit can’t get up inside to fix. Never Never Never recommend this quality to anyone.
- Trish , Oregon

2020-10-13 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QB View Listings

This is our 3rd Jayco and I am as happy with this one as I was with the first Jayco Pop up. Our 2nd Jayco was a 2013 Jayco X18D hybrid. The only thing we could find to fix under warranty was a warped bathroom door and low hanging wires underneath. Stuff I could have actually fixed myself if not for warranty. Later, both faucets broke over time, no big deal. We have camped 3 times in our 212QB that we just purchased new in August. Jayco must have listened to a previous review about TV mount because it's now at foot of bed on our 2021. When the dealer did pre-delivery inspection they found nothing wrong. The only thing I can find wrong so far myself is a ding in one of the bearing caps. I have added a propane line, bumper mount grill mount, dual batteries and reinforced the bed and dinette seats. If you want me to complain about something, I would want a bigger grey water tank since we purchased this camper so we could take a shower in our own camper and the wife hates reaching past the cabinets around the bed to make the bed, but she otherwise loves the storage of the same cabinets. Thank you Jayco for making a well thought out, NO slide camper that is liveable for us as we begin to explore more as empty nesters. Also, wish this review did not force me to review factor warranty/ support as we have not had to take it back for anything yet.
- Mike Gabler, Michigan

2020-10-10 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 264BH View Listings

Dropped off our travel trailer over a month ago for warranty service. Frig panel falls out , manufacturer defect, water leak under bath sink that caused damage to the wood by refrigerator, refrigerator wont light on propane. Campers inn said Jayco wont cover frig panel, said they could not find a leak even though clearly their is , said they fixed the frig lighting problem. Mind you they never walked us through explaining what they did and showed us the repair, just said its ready go hook up. Got it home frig panel was on the floor, frig wont light sounds like a little explosion when trying to light yet still doesn't light. And to top it off they didn't clean up there mess from whatever they did, floor was full of sand, it was spotless when we dropped it off, and they chipped the frig cabinet! Stay away for service! Will not be back!!
- Lloyd, Florida

2020-09-06 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 294QBS View Listings

I have owned this RV since 2/2019. Overall quality is low but gets the job done. Water always drips out from the shower no matter if you are leveled. Master bedroom is very tight to move around in. TV mount is awkwardly mounted to the side of the bed instead of the wall directly in front of the bed. Outdoor kitchen is nice but Had trouble with sink connections since they were on a 90. Took out and made straight connections on pipes. Outdoor fridge is good. Outdoor stove too small. Queen bed base is for maybe about 200 lbs. not for an average size man. Had to reinforce the bed base with 2x4’s. Awning started acting up on one side. Have to push it out so it can engage. Dirt comes Inside from all windows. Weatherstrip is very cheap on all doors. Screen door always gets stuck closed. I put about 80 lbs on the rear bumper with Hitch receiver and looks like welds are over stressing. No ladder to get to roof. Goodyear tires are a plus. Bunks are nice. Mattresses are very thin including queen bed. indoor stove never worked. Range and oven work good. Overall it gets the job done. worth maybe 15k brand new in my opinion.
- Raul Macias, New Mexico

2020-08-10 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 267BHS View Listings

I took delivery on a 2021 jayflight 267bhs 0n July 1 2020. Little did I know that it was one of the biggest mistakes I've made. This is the third jayco I've owned and the quality of build is downright shameful. The entry door has a huge gap on top allowing rain to enter, shower faucet leaks internally, antenna is defective, rain gutter is in sections that don't line up, electric outlet loose and can't be tightened due to miscut in the wall, screws missing on fender flares. This is my third new jayco and the last. Now I'm told by the dealer that it's going to take over a month to get parts. Shame on you jayco.
- david parent, Illinois

2020-06-26 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QBW View Listings

Me and my family has had the best time in this lovely Rv!It was like a second home away from home. Very comfortable and cozy. Durable a great way to get away and enjoy the outdoors. Appliances !!!!!!!!!!!!
- tiffanyhouse21, Nevada

2020-06-06 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 244BHS View Listings

Awesome travel trailer,every amenity you could ask for and some. Great for the family!! Easy to tow. Much larger on the inside than it appears, has ample room to walk around bed with 1 slide. 2 entrances,which make late night arrivals non disturbing to guests or children. Definitely worth it's value.
- Camille , New York

2020-03-10 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 265RLS View Listings

I can’t say enough about the Jayco brand and their campers. My husband owned several Jayco’s years ago so when we went to buy our first one together we did look at other brands but settled on Jayco. We never had one mechanical problem with either of our 2 units- and loved everything about our experiences in both campers. The amazing thing is how affordable they are compared to other brands. I felt like I was “home” in these campers and never wished I had something more . They come with everything you need. This particular size and configuration was perfect for myself, my husband and our 2 small dogs. We felt like we had a ton of room. We had guests on many occasions and they all complimented us on the camper and it’s amenities. Would highly recommend this size, style and brand!
- Karla Adams, Delaware

2019-09-25 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 244BHS View Listings

This is the biggest piece of crap I’ve ever bought. The hot water tank pilot light won’t light, kitchen sink leaks, shower controls leak, the blinds broke. I’ve only owned it for 5 months. Many of this stuff happened while using it on vacation. They wouldn’t send a field service guy out, instead they said I have to bring it to them when I got back. Horrible product all the way around.
- Adam , Arizona

2019-09-10 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 267BHSW View Listings

Have had the camper for Around 2 years. Had the inner wall siding fall. Almost all plumbing fittings have been replaced. Trim has fallen off every where. Seats collapsed . The interior on these campers are absolutely horrible. The build quality is horrible. Save yourself the headache and buy a different brand...
- Devan ackley, Nebraska

2019-09-04 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 287BHS View Listings

We own a 2018 slx 287BHS. This unit has been in the shop for warranty work often. Basically the hot water heater has never worked correctly. The sink had plumbing leaks. We had a puddle of water after the fridge vent leaked. The stereo amp quit. The outdoor speakers quit. Trim pieces have fallen off. The TV antenna was not connected so you could not use the TV. Fridge has worked correctly intermittently. The list goes on and on. Basically it is poorly constructed and poorly inspected.
- Andy Magers , Ohio

2019-07-31 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 244BHS View Listings

Great camper with a great layout, lots of storage and built tough!!! Just purchased a few months ago and have been camping every weekend since throughout northern Ontario including places where your cell has no service and the gps on the truck doesn’t no where you are...roughly 3500km on it so far in 2.5 months. Everything works great including solar hook up for boondock camping, the ac unit is a little loud but hey it keeps you cool and that’s important to my wife and daughter. I’m 6’7” tall and I can walk around the trailer with ease, queen at that back with the pullout was a great idea for taller people, wife is 6’2” and it’s like our own little master bedroom in the back. This is not our first travel trailer, however it is our first Jayco product and I have to say so far it is the best we have owned for comfort, style, towing and functionality. Would highly recommend for a family of 3 or 4 who enjoy the great outdoors.....can’t wait to take it bird and moose hunting I will be relaxing in style!! Suggestion to Jayco...offer the same layout in a 26’ or 28’ with leather chairs in the back mini master bedroom.
- Sean, Ontario

2019-07-29 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 245RLS View Listings

We bought our camper in March of 2019, the first time we took it out we had an electrical problem. Being new to Rving, I wasn't sure what to do, so after the trip I took it in to my local dealer where I bought it. They checked everything and found one blown fuse. Ezy peezy. Overall quality seems better than most with some very nice features for the price and it has a 2 year full warranty.
- Barry Stewart, Kentucky

2019-01-17 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 294QBS View Listings

We bought this camper in july 2018 and it has been in the shop more than in my possession. First the carbon monoxide detector went off all the time and the plumbing in the shower leaked. The wall of three entertainment center has no stud for you to hang a tv. Then the Norcold refrigerator has not worked since we have owned it. I have taken it to the shop 4 times and they have not fixed it yet. When I contacted customer service last week they texted back and said they could not help me. I asked for them to put a different brand in it and they refused. Do not I repeat Do Not buy a Jayco Product
- Barry Hagood, Georgia