Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 Reviews on RV Insider (22)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Trish from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 287BHSW View Listings

Worst trailer quality ever. 6 months old and every wall leaks to the point of mold behind cabinets and cushions. Every window and door sweats to the point of dripping water causing yet again mold behind door wall and floor. Where there is water there is ants. Kitchen sink plumbing leaks so bad have to have bowl under to catch water because such tight fit can’t get up inside to fix. Never Never Never recommend this quality to anyone.
- Trish , Oregon

2021-03-08 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 267BHS View Listings

Dear Jayco, I recently purchased a 2021 224BHW with every trim option available from Camping World in Golden, Colorado. I am a little over a month of use and this thing is absolutely falling apart from poor quality. Within the first 30 days, my Refrigerator has completely quit working and still does not work at all. It has been down for 3 weeks. I live here...... The water pump in the shower and the furnace have developed a whistling and rattling sound from normal use. They sound like they are already struggling and failing. The deadbolt key hole has torqued in a manner that I can not lock my unit when I leave. It's garbage. Within the first day of delivery, the table broke because only 1 screw was placed into the hole. The rest of the screws were found on the floor. So, some genius in Indiana decided not to show up to work that day when my trailer was built. The toilet paper rack broke by simply putting a roll of paper in it. After further investigation several items were even bolted in properly. Cut wires lay under cabinets like someone decided the task was too great to throw them away, so they'd leave them right where they were cut. Heating ducts were not routed to the bathroom, even though there is an outlet for it to be connected. This is just piss poor. I know my measly $27,000.00 isn't a lot to your company, but have some pride in your work. This is embarrassing for your company. I have been given the run around about repairs since I bought the unit. No one wants to be responsible and point to the other to fix it. I currently live in this unit whilst I am relocating to work for a top Outdoor Industry Manufacturer that prides themselves on top notch hospitality and customer experience. So, it's really tough to see another supposedly "Top- Notch" Manufacturer do so poorly. I truly wish I would've bought another unit from a different manufacturer. I plan on posting this to every outlet possible until someone gives this attention. I'm fed up. I work 50-60 hours per week, so dropping everything and driving this unit anywhere isn't an option currently. NONE of these things should be happening right out of the gate. This unit is literally dying in infancy. Do better Jayco... Do better. Please don't give me a line of Covid this covid that. Sales are at record highs..... Just because sales are WAY up doesn't mean you get to shit on your customers with a pitiful product, no Quality Control, or Quality Assurance. I want answers in the form of actions. Honestly a replacement unit would be a start, however, I just want it fixed. Get it together Josh Wigley
- Josh Wigley, Colorado

2021-02-11 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 245RLS View Listings

This travel trailer is one of a kind with its mid bath and extra counter space. We love the quality of Jayco too. It stands up to weather, travel and usage in all environments. We also love pulling it. It is not too heavy and seems to ride stable and smooth. The only concern we have is the comfort of the jack knife couch and the mattress. These are both things that can be changed out at any given point. Overall, we have loved this camper. We are currently seeking to sell it simply because we would like a larger model. Most likely we will buy Jayco again. They're hard to beat!
- Nathan Coleman, Missouri

2021-02-04 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 264BH View Listings

big piece of junk. many problems. have owned 8 months. outside shower door broken, shower/bath drain broke, tank sensors not accurate, main bed frame broke, top bunk bed frame broke. had to make these fixes myself as it takes many weeks to get appointment at an approved repair center. on top of that, have to replace the counter top do to damage and it has been 4 months on order and still have to wait 2 more months. jayco follow up is none existent. stay far away from jayco.
- terry eisermann, California

2021-01-21 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QB View Listings

Terrible customer service from the manufacturer! Bought in June, only used once because AC did not work. Took 6 months to fix!!! No communication. The dealer has tried, but Jayco won’t work with them either. DO NOT BUY A JAYCO!!!
- Johnny Ford, Virginia

2020-12-30 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 267BHSW View Listings

We've had this for just about 3 years now. The bad: Just discovered a roof leak despite annual sealing and check at dealer. The slide leaks significantly and always has. Replaced the jack within a year. Replaced the LP lines twice. Furnace failed 4 times, bad SAL switch. The faux walls and moulding are starting to disconnect. Two blinds have broken, being replaced. All tank handles have broken and been replaced. We've moved or replaced all cabinet latches. Put 1/2" plywood and new mattress. The master bed sliding doors and TV wall are right against the bed, so for me at 6'4"/250 I can't lay out straight. I also barely fit in the toilet, but found I can take a shower standing up. The furrion stereo AV head unit is garbage, can't have Bluetooth more than 12" away from unit. The awning speakers aren't very good and one doesn't work anymore. The TV is ok. We've always had humidity issues with these windows in this unit, but finally bought a good dehumidifier and problem solved. The good: tows well, good large tanks, 4 season wrap dies pretty well in summer and winter. All replacement parts are available and affordable. We use ours quite a bit, longest is 8 days in a row, and suits our needs well with a few kids and two dogs. Lucky no issues with fridge, AC, electrical or water systems, yet. I'm mostly frustrated about the number of things going wrong now, after warranty. Concerned about a fairly new trailer with a roof leak. We've taken really good care of it and this isn't good news. We just put 3k inverter, two solar panels and 4x6 volt batteries and wondering if we made mistake doing that on this trailer.
- Seattlerain15, Washington

2020-12-16 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 286BHSW View Listings

We purchased our trailer 14 months ago and have come to realize why they have a two year warranty. You will need every bit of this and I’m sure have to pay for more after it is up. First trip I had to reinforce the plywood on the bed (me and the wife together are under 380 lbs total) so that’s pretty ridiculous. It took the dealer almost a whole year to replace the awning light which was warped from the day we picked it up. The water pump went out the day we did the walk through. Weather striping on both sides of the trailer peeled off the entire length of the trailer coming home at normal highway speeds. Marker lights on side of trailer were wired backwards. Rear marker lights would flicker when plugged into shore power and a short was located. The fridge has been intermittent for over 6 months now and we don’t even trust it and have to bring coolers with us, it is currently at the dealer and has been for 2 weeks to continue working on this issue. Trailer would only hold a charge for couple days sitting with nothing running and batteries had to be replaced. Bottom line is this trailer seems to be very poorly built and we pretty much expect to have to take it to the dealer after EVERY trip. I will never purchase another jayco. Whoever wants it come get it.
- Josh, Nevada

2020-11-02 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 264BH View Listings

Built in Jan. 2020 bought aug. 2020. Piece o’ crap! Ac will not shut off. Dealer replaced thermo.. same issue. Leak under bath sink. Fixed. Plumbing hole in floor is 2” dia. with no caulk. Lack screws holding black molding around tires almost all backed out of holes and missing. Screens flop in breeze on 2 windows. Can’t turn blind over sink open. Missing a turning bar. Missing molding around slide out. In 2003 we owned a 28’ jayco trav. Trailer. It was great. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND NO BUY ANOTHER JAYCO PRODUCT!
- Giget, Florida

2020-10-22 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 265RLS View Listings

Refrigerator had to be repaired 3 times. Wasted an entire summer waiting to get it repaired. Perhaps used the furnace 15 times and that had to be repaired. The technician informed us that this is common on these units and it should have been a recall. Very poor customer service with Jayco Co. Would not recommend. Save your money and be sure and do research before purchasing a RV. The bedroom is not big enough, way to cramped. I hit my are on the side closet every night
- James Kasishke, Michigan

2020-10-13 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QB View Listings

This is our 3rd Jayco and I am as happy with this one as I was with the first Jayco Pop up. Our 2nd Jayco was a 2013 Jayco X18D hybrid. The only thing we could find to fix under warranty was a warped bathroom door and low hanging wires underneath. Stuff I could have actually fixed myself if not for warranty. Later, both faucets broke over time, no big deal. We have camped 3 times in our 212QB that we just purchased new in August. Jayco must have listened to a previous review about TV mount because it's now at foot of bed on our 2021. When the dealer did pre-delivery inspection they found nothing wrong. The only thing I can find wrong so far myself is a ding in one of the bearing caps. I have added a propane line, bumper mount grill mount, dual batteries and reinforced the bed and dinette seats. If you want me to complain about something, I would want a bigger grey water tank since we purchased this camper so we could take a shower in our own camper and the wife hates reaching past the cabinets around the bed to make the bed, but she otherwise loves the storage of the same cabinets. Thank you Jayco for making a well thought out, NO slide camper that is liveable for us as we begin to explore more as empty nesters. Also, wish this review did not force me to review factor warranty/ support as we have not had to take it back for anything yet.
- Mike Gabler, Michigan

2020-10-10 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 264BH View Listings

Dropped off our travel trailer over a month ago for warranty service. Frig panel falls out , manufacturer defect, water leak under bath sink that caused damage to the wood by refrigerator, refrigerator wont light on propane. Campers inn said Jayco wont cover frig panel, said they could not find a leak even though clearly their is , said they fixed the frig lighting problem. Mind you they never walked us through explaining what they did and showed us the repair, just said its ready go hook up. Got it home frig panel was on the floor, frig wont light sounds like a little explosion when trying to light yet still doesn't light. And to top it off they didn't clean up there mess from whatever they did, floor was full of sand, it was spotless when we dropped it off, and they chipped the frig cabinet! Stay away for service! Will not be back!!
- Lloyd, Florida

2020-09-06 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 294QBS View Listings

I have owned this RV since 2/2019. Overall quality is low but gets the job done. Water always drips out from the shower no matter if you are leveled. Master bedroom is very tight to move around in. TV mount is awkwardly mounted to the side of the bed instead of the wall directly in front of the bed. Outdoor kitchen is nice but Had trouble with sink connections since they were on a 90. Took out and made straight connections on pipes. Outdoor fridge is good. Outdoor stove too small. Queen bed base is for maybe about 200 lbs. not for an average size man. Had to reinforce the bed base with 2x4’s. Awning started acting up on one side. Have to push it out so it can engage. Dirt comes Inside from all windows. Weatherstrip is very cheap on all doors. Screen door always gets stuck closed. I put about 80 lbs on the rear bumper with Hitch receiver and looks like welds are over stressing. No ladder to get to roof. Goodyear tires are a plus. Bunks are nice. Mattresses are very thin including queen bed. indoor stove never worked. Range and oven work good. Overall it gets the job done. worth maybe 15k brand new in my opinion.
- Raul Macias, New Mexico

2020-08-10 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 267BHS View Listings

I took delivery on a 2021 jayflight 267bhs 0n July 1 2020. Little did I know that it was one of the biggest mistakes I've made. This is the third jayco I've owned and the quality of build is downright shameful. The entry door has a huge gap on top allowing rain to enter, shower faucet leaks internally, antenna is defective, rain gutter is in sections that don't line up, electric outlet loose and can't be tightened due to miscut in the wall, screws missing on fender flares. This is my third new jayco and the last. Now I'm told by the dealer that it's going to take over a month to get parts. Shame on you jayco.
- david parent, Illinois

2020-06-26 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QBW View Listings

Me and my family has had the best time in this lovely Rv!It was like a second home away from home. Very comfortable and cozy. Durable a great way to get away and enjoy the outdoors. Appliances !!!!!!!!!!!!
- tiffanyhouse21, Nevada

2020-06-06 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 244BHS View Listings

Awesome travel trailer,every amenity you could ask for and some. Great for the family!! Easy to tow. Much larger on the inside than it appears, has ample room to walk around bed with 1 slide. 2 entrances,which make late night arrivals non disturbing to guests or children. Definitely worth it's value.
- Camille , New York

2020-03-10 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 265RLS View Listings

I can’t say enough about the Jayco brand and their campers. My husband owned several Jayco’s years ago so when we went to buy our first one together we did look at other brands but settled on Jayco. We never had one mechanical problem with either of our 2 units- and loved everything about our experiences in both campers. The amazing thing is how affordable they are compared to other brands. I felt like I was “home” in these campers and never wished I had something more . They come with everything you need. This particular size and configuration was perfect for myself, my husband and our 2 small dogs. We felt like we had a ton of room. We had guests on many occasions and they all complimented us on the camper and it’s amenities. Would highly recommend this size, style and brand!
- Karla Adams, Delaware

2019-09-25 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 244BHS View Listings

This is the biggest piece of crap I’ve ever bought. The hot water tank pilot light won’t light, kitchen sink leaks, shower controls leak, the blinds broke. I’ve only owned it for 5 months. Many of this stuff happened while using it on vacation. They wouldn’t send a field service guy out, instead they said I have to bring it to them when I got back. Horrible product all the way around.
- Adam , Arizona

2019-09-10 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 267BHSW View Listings

Have had the camper for Around 2 years. Had the inner wall siding fall. Almost all plumbing fittings have been replaced. Trim has fallen off every where. Seats collapsed . The interior on these campers are absolutely horrible. The build quality is horrible. Save yourself the headache and buy a different brand...
- Devan ackley, Nebraska

2019-09-04 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 287BHS View Listings

We own a 2018 slx 287BHS. This unit has been in the shop for warranty work often. Basically the hot water heater has never worked correctly. The sink had plumbing leaks. We had a puddle of water after the fridge vent leaked. The stereo amp quit. The outdoor speakers quit. Trim pieces have fallen off. The TV antenna was not connected so you could not use the TV. Fridge has worked correctly intermittently. The list goes on and on. Basically it is poorly constructed and poorly inspected.
- Andy Magers , Ohio

2019-07-31 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 244BHS View Listings

Great camper with a great layout, lots of storage and built tough!!! Just purchased a few months ago and have been camping every weekend since throughout northern Ontario including places where your cell has no service and the gps on the truck doesn’t no where you are...roughly 3500km on it so far in 2.5 months. Everything works great including solar hook up for boondock camping, the ac unit is a little loud but hey it keeps you cool and that’s important to my wife and daughter. I’m 6’7” tall and I can walk around the trailer with ease, queen at that back with the pullout was a great idea for taller people, wife is 6’2” and it’s like our own little master bedroom in the back. This is not our first travel trailer, however it is our first Jayco product and I have to say so far it is the best we have owned for comfort, style, towing and functionality. Would highly recommend for a family of 3 or 4 who enjoy the great outdoors.....can’t wait to take it bird and moose hunting I will be relaxing in style!! Suggestion to Jayco...offer the same layout in a 26’ or 28’ with leather chairs in the back mini master bedroom.
- Sean, Ontario

2019-07-29 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 245RLS View Listings

We bought our camper in March of 2019, the first time we took it out we had an electrical problem. Being new to Rving, I wasn't sure what to do, so after the trip I took it in to my local dealer where I bought it. They checked everything and found one blown fuse. Ezy peezy. Overall quality seems better than most with some very nice features for the price and it has a 2 year full warranty.
- Barry Stewart, Kentucky

2019-01-17 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 294QBS View Listings

We bought this camper in july 2018 and it has been in the shop more than in my possession. First the carbon monoxide detector went off all the time and the plumbing in the shower leaked. The wall of three entertainment center has no stud for you to hang a tv. Then the Norcold refrigerator has not worked since we have owned it. I have taken it to the shop 4 times and they have not fixed it yet. When I contacted customer service last week they texted back and said they could not help me. I asked for them to put a different brand in it and they refused. Do not I repeat Do Not buy a Jayco Product
- Barry Hagood, Georgia