Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kyle Burns from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 175RD Baja View Listings

Jayco is the worst rv company period. I purchased my first ever travel trailer and the roof came apart after only 8 months of owning it and Jayco refuses to stand behind there warranty and fix it. Save you time and money, and go with another company. Their “warranty” is suppose to be one of the best in the business, but it is far from it. There customer service is awful. They could care less that you own one of there products, which was very disappointing. I plan to have more trailers in my future and will never purchase a Jayco trailer again. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.
- Kyle Burns , California

2021-09-07 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 195RB View Listings

Unlike the previous two reviews we have had no troubles of any kind. For sure when you spend in this price range you will find cheaper materials and construction, but We have found that everything works well, it is comfortable, plenty of space for the two of us and trailers well. I originally pulled it with my 4Runner and it had no trouble pulling over 11,000 foot passes. We looked at other campers in this price range and didn't find any that had the features and comfort level of this one. Again, in 15 months of use and 9500 miles we have not had a single problem.YMMV
- Tom Grisham, Missouri

2021-08-27 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 154BH View Listings

best camper Ive ever owned. compact but roomy and loaded with all options. trailers down the road like there's nothing behind me. the price is right. even a new one is affordable. don't feel guilty not using it that much because I didn't break the bank buying it.
- bob, Alabama

2021-08-25 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 154BH Baja View Listings

Bought the unit new about 18 months ago The drain pipe under the shower cracked and soaked the insulation I called the local dealer but they stated that they only did warranty work on the units that they sold. We purchased ours in another state I called Jayco and they stated that each dealership can do what they want. So the bottom line is if you buy a new unit be prepared to haul it back to where it was purchased. So I ended up fixing it myself.
- RHIO NELSON, California

2021-07-13 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 183RB Baja View Listings

Bought trailer, and first night bed broke, bathroom wall was loose. staple marks through out entire trailer, floor was damaged, cabinet doors damaged, Stairs loose. Took trailer back for repairs. Jayco dealer laughed... service laughed... had to call CS. They took trailer back to factory in Idaho which took 4 months. When we got trailer back, more damage, bathroom door, slide, lights not working interior and exterior, rust on rock guards, stairs, mattress damaged, storage door won't stay shut, slide not working. These trailers are of the lowest quality I would like to sell mine back to Jayco but they just laugh... Tried to contact owner but no reply. Not a good trailer.
- You Know, British Columbia

2021-06-14 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 145RB View Listings

I bought this 14.5' Jayco used in Feb 2021(it was less than 4 months old). It was built in Idaho. It really seems to be a piece of junk. Terrible quality (or no quality) control. #1 issue: The water gravity fill hose (to fill the tank)is lower on the outside than the tank fill on the inside. UNBELIEVABLE. So water does NOT travel up hill but must to fill this tank. I'm VERY interested to see if other trailers like mine have this same issue. Jayco advised me to go to a dealer and pay to raise the outside fill fitting. But it's not possible because of cross structures in the way. (at my own expense of course) Water sloshes out the fill almost as if it is siphoning out because of this when I drive. #2. When I turned the water pump on for the first time, there were 2 hoses that had loose hose clamps/water spewed out and one fitting that needed 3 more turns to seal. Water spewed all over the compartment and the electric wires. #3. The left railing for the awning had 2 bolts in the top and NONE to hold it in place at the bottom. It flops around and catches on the blinker lights. This rail is 6' long! It's amazing that it is still attached to my trailer. 4. The cabinetry is coming apart at the refrigerator side as only staples were used to put it in place. 5. The screens are a joke. They do not seal and will not fit tight to the window. 6. Nothing has been sealed around the A/Conditioner. You can see daylight through to the outside. JAYCO BLEW ME OFF. They would not let me talk to anyone at the idaho plant to see if my water fill is a mistake or a design flaw. I have nothing good to say about Jayco. Wish I could post photos!
- barbara despain, Arizona

2021-05-06 2021 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 145RB View Listings

We bought this to tow with our Honda Ridgeline. The Ridgeline has no issue with the weight, but the lack of aerodynamics makes holding highway speeds with a frontal wind nearly impossible (without running the motor at 2/3s redline). The good, bad and ugly? For it's size and price point you get about what you expect, it's small but definitely livable for two people taking shorter trips. It has a small everything, but that's what we expected. Things that could be better? A bar across the space between bench seats so you can fold the table without holding it up would be nice (added). A two tank regulator would have been a cheap add-on. We've added a second bottle and regulator as well as a bottle cover. The Ugly: First, the wiring to the black and gray water storage tank sensors are exposed and ours were chewed through almost immediately by rabbits. $2 worth of plastic conduit and black tape would save an afternoon here. Next, the Suburban Stove is almost legendary for having crappy control knobs that melt. We were told that it was because we used too large a pan. Bull. The tea kettle I used when they melted was smaller than the burner footprint. There is no dealer or manufacture support for this so you may as well plan on fixing it yourself. Otherwise, it's been okay. There is a lot of corner cutting with this particular trailer. Only time will tell how much of that will eventually need to be replaced. I don't think I'd buy another Jay Flight product.
- Mark Forster, Nebraska

2021-03-31 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 195RB View Listings

The first part of May 2021 I bought a new 2019 Jay Flight 195RB, left over, from RVone, Albany, NY. We have pulled a good number of Jayco trailers over the past 50 years. From pop-ups to 3 Jayco Jay flights.When Thor Industries became involved making jayco,the quality has dropped considerably. After our first summer the radio broke,the speaker mounted in the awning channel fell out, the trim around the pantry cracked, the paneling backing the wall paper has come loose and destroyed the seams, light around the ac unit shines through and needs sealing, the hoses connecting the faucet cracked and blew water from the split. This is not nearly the quality from prior years. I am writing this review as a warning to potential Jayco buyers. "Buyer Beware"
- Greg Hughes, New Hampshire

2020-12-05 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 175RD View Listings

Love the floor plan. Jayco cut corners during manufacturing......thin walls, super thin queen bed, not one drawer, no front scissor jacks, no hooks to hang anything and walls are too thin to add. C’mon Jayco, your are better than this.
- Pat Crowley, Minnesota

2020-10-25 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 174BH View Listings

Buyer beware! 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 174BH total crap!!! Jayco has manufactured these travel trailers with a tempered front glass window, without a rock guard. Additionally, there is no upgrade nor aftermarket product to buy to protect your window and your investment. 3rd time out my window shattered while driving down the interstate. Needless to say completely ruined our trip. Jayco's solution is to install the same window again under warranty. Unfortunately, this solution is unacceptable. As the design is faulty there should have been a rock guard or this glass should have been laminated. At some point during this 2020 manufacturing line they began putting tempered glass in the units rather than the rock guard they had been using for 15 years. Being a first time travel trailer owner I assumed it was a strong enough glass and I trusted Jayco to use appropriate products. I was never warned by anyone that they used tempered glass and it is not designed for use on a front window of any vehicle. The glass is designed to shatter! I contacted the Glass manufacturer Clearview, they informed me the product Jayco installed was never engineered to be placed in a high impact area and it is not an appropriate use under there recommendation. They did mention it is not illegal on a travel trailer, while not being illegal does not make it acceptable or morally right. I have now been without a trailer for 1 month the part cannot get replaced under warranty until January as Jayco is last in line with Clearview OEM manufacturer list. So I will not have a window until most likely January according to Clearview. Totally unacceptable to buy a brand new travel trailer that is not capable of traveling because the window will shatter on you!!! It makes me wonder what other areas in this trailer are using unacceptable parts... I bought Jayco based on word of mouth, well anyone I tell is now unfortunately getting an earful of first hand bad experience. I will not nor cannot recommend Jayco, it has been an awful experience. Their warranty department is ridiculous and I have spent countless hours trying to get Jayco to do the right thing and install the rock guard.
- Greg Koehler, Florida

2020-05-21 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 195RB View Listings

Bought a 2020 Jayco Jayflight. Made a mistake! Love the floor plan but that is it. I should of spent the extra money for something like a Nash. You get what you pay for. Jayco cut every corner possible and make these as cheap as possible. Everything is made cheap.But being a first time RV buyer,I didn't compare other brands. All I can say is don't waste your money on Jayco. If this thing makes it through this season I'll try to unload it and upgrade to a different manufacturer.
- Glenn, Montana

2018-11-16 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 175RD Baja View Listings

We purchased this model two months ago. It has been in the shop since we bought it. From electrical issues to a broken shower trap that flooded the under belly. We are making payments and can’t use the trailer . Non of the issues were caused by us. We dropped the unit off at the dealership for it to be gutted. And all the insulation and under belly cover to be replaced on the 25 of October. We’re still waiting for repairs. When we dropped off the trailer we were doing a walk through to show the warrantey issues that needed to be addressed and found the wall had separated and the cabinet bottom was falling off. Unless jayco changes their craftsmanship I would steer away from their products.
- Terri, California