Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 Reviews on RV Insider (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Kyle Burns from California says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 175RD Baja View Listings

Jayco is the worst rv company period. I purchased my first ever travel trailer and the roof came apart after only 8 months of owning it and Jayco refuses to stand behind there warranty and fix it. Save you time and money, and go with another company. Their “warranty” is suppose to be one of the best in the business, but it is far from it. There customer service is awful. They could care less that you own one of there products, which was very disappointing. I plan to have more trailers in my future and will never purchase a Jayco trailer again. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.
- Kyle Burns , California

2020-12-05 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 175RD View Listings

Love the floor plan. Jayco cut corners during manufacturing......thin walls, super thin queen bed, not one drawer, no front scissor jacks, no hooks to hang anything and walls are too thin to add. C’mon Jayco, your are better than this.
- Pat Crowley, Minnesota

2020-10-25 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 174BH View Listings

Buyer beware! 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 174BH total crap!!! Jayco has manufactured these travel trailers with a tempered front glass window, without a rock guard. Additionally, there is no upgrade nor aftermarket product to buy to protect your window and your investment. 3rd time out my window shattered while driving down the interstate. Needless to say completely ruined our trip. Jayco's solution is to install the same window again under warranty. Unfortunately, this solution is unacceptable. As the design is faulty there should have been a rock guard or this glass should have been laminated. At some point during this 2020 manufacturing line they began putting tempered glass in the units rather than the rock guard they had been using for 15 years. Being a first time travel trailer owner I assumed it was a strong enough glass and I trusted Jayco to use appropriate products. I was never warned by anyone that they used tempered glass and it is not designed for use on a front window of any vehicle. The glass is designed to shatter! I contacted the Glass manufacturer Clearview, they informed me the product Jayco installed was never engineered to be placed in a high impact area and it is not an appropriate use under there recommendation. They did mention it is not illegal on a travel trailer, while not being illegal does not make it acceptable or morally right. I have now been without a trailer for 1 month the part cannot get replaced under warranty until January as Jayco is last in line with Clearview OEM manufacturer list. So I will not have a window until most likely January according to Clearview. Totally unacceptable to buy a brand new travel trailer that is not capable of traveling because the window will shatter on you!!! It makes me wonder what other areas in this trailer are using unacceptable parts... I bought Jayco based on word of mouth, well anyone I tell is now unfortunately getting an earful of first hand bad experience. I will not nor cannot recommend Jayco, it has been an awful experience. Their warranty department is ridiculous and I have spent countless hours trying to get Jayco to do the right thing and install the rock guard.
- Greg Koehler, Florida

2020-05-21 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 195RB View Listings

Bought a 2020 Jayco Jayflight. Made a mistake! Love the floor plan but that is it. I should of spent the extra money for something like a Nash. You get what you pay for. Jayco cut every corner possible and make these as cheap as possible. Everything is made cheap.But being a first time RV buyer,I didn't compare other brands. All I can say is don't waste your money on Jayco. If this thing makes it through this season I'll try to unload it and upgrade to a different manufacturer.
- Glenn, Montana

2018-11-16 2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 175RD Baja View Listings

We purchased this model two months ago. It has been in the shop since we bought it. From electrical issues to a broken shower trap that flooded the under belly. We are making payments and can’t use the trailer . Non of the issues were caused by us. We dropped the unit off at the dealership for it to be gutted. And all the insulation and under belly cover to be replaced on the 25 of October. We’re still waiting for repairs. When we dropped off the trailer we were doing a walk through to show the warrantey issues that needed to be addressed and found the wall had separated and the cabinet bottom was falling off. Unless jayco changes their craftsmanship I would steer away from their products.
- Terri, California