Jayco Jay Flight SLX RVs Reviews (22)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight SLX RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

marvin barrett from Texas says:

Have you owned any Jayco Jay Flight SLX RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW View Listings

The cabinets are not constructed professionally. Not one screw is installed properly, all are crooked. Dinette seats are coming apart and are too far apart to make a bed. Flooring peeling. Crap...
- marvin barrett, Texas

2019-09-19 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB BAJA View Listings

We bought our rv in 2016 new and love it and always take care of it and store indoors in winter and now we recently discovered the aluminum siding is corroding we sent two messages to Jaco with no reply asking for a solution or what may be going on. Screws were to long and are points all over skin of rv.its a shame to pay so much for a rv and.no that they don't stand behind it.
- James, Pennsylvania

2019-06-30 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 174BH View Listings

The service and warranty for jayco trailer are worthless!! My recommendation is to go with a company that stands by their products!! The issue I had are strictly with the warranty or lack of/communication.
- Justin , Arizona

2019-04-27 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 287BHSW View Listings

Quality build by Jayco, the largest shower offered with a Bunkhouse design. No aspect of this Trailer has been overlooked. Features campers want like ample storage space below as well as cabinets. Shoe storage, coat hooks, large u shaped dinette, paired with a 12ft slide for a large open living area. Thumbs Way Up Jayco
- Tony M, Arizona

2019-02-22 2015 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW View Listings

Awesome RV! We have enjoyed it greatly! We are upgrading to a class A is the only reason we are selling! We highly recommend starting small and seeing if it’s a good fit for your family! If you’re like us you’ll be hooked with the first trip!
- Megan, Texas

2019-01-06 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW View Listings

Ok. So after a lot of research we decided to go to Jayco for our first RV. We wanted a product with good reviews. After our purchase a year and half ago I can say we have been very satisfied with the quality of the product. We have been on about 10 trips and just got back from a 2000 mile trip. We have not had but one major issue the black tank wouldn't flush so we made an appointment and took it in and they said someone put the tank on backwards. It was fixed and we have had no other trouble. It tows easily with the sway bars we added for safety at there suggestion and after hitting a lot of wind we were grateful for it. I don't like a few things but that isn't to say the quality was bad...plastic sink melts when you put a hot pan in it (I put a pan in a sink full of soapy water to wash it and it left damage- my bad). I don't like that it doesn't have a ladder to the top bunk but I have heard you can buy one. I don't like that the couch is so close to the sink but again this isn't a quality issue. The water heater, shower, toilet, oven,microwave refrigerator and stove have all worked like a dream, Mattress was good at first but now we want to upgrade. I would add hydraulics for the Master bed because you will use it alot for storage. I don't like that the outside compartment crawl through goes to my bedroom (saftey issue)Make sure you lock the outside compartments always when you are away. The big cloth folding boxes at Walmart, work great in the above open bed compartment,we put shoes and swimming suits and things in them. The couch bed isn't comfortable because of a bar across the middle of it but the dinning room table is a comfortable bed. Fridge is small so bring a cooler for drinks and milk. Most windows open so it's a nice cross breeze. Awning works great and we always roll it up when we are out in case of wind. Propane tanks last us quite a while on a trip and we have never had battery issues. Use the outdoor shower for washing off dirt, its nice to have. It's time for us to get a bigger one now. Hope this helps with your purchase. Purchased at [dealer] of Fort Worth TX Highly recommend them.
- Tami Watson, Texas

2018-12-06 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW View Listings

Dont ever buy a jayco owned it for going on 2 years might had a total of 4 months third trailer we have owned and love to camp has ruined all our expirences because we sit there wondering whats going to break bought it from [dealer] in fresno and its been there so much it finally got broken into and we lost everything
- James Packard, California

2018-11-16 2015 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW View Listings

The Jayco Jay Flight SLX is a perfect travel trailer for young families with plenty of sleeping space for up to 10 people including 2 double-sized bunks. Lightweight and easy to tow it has great amenities to enjoy the comforts of home away from home. Easy to hook-up to travel and easy to hook-up on site when utilities are available and easily runs on a 2000 amp generator including the A/C. Shower-tub combination with separate vanity area. Plenty of storage inside and outside as well as a large pantry. Great neutral colors and plenty of light brought in by windows and sunroof. Heater warms trailer quickly on cold mornings. Electric pop-out and awning provide ease in set-up and electric panel provides easy way to monitor clean water, grey and black water and battery life. 3-burner stove top, oven and microwave provide ease in meal preparation and refrigerator is big enough for storage for family. Jayco builds great quality travel trailers at a reasonable price with great warranty coverage.
- Rob, Arizona

2018-08-30 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 287BHSW View Listings

I would not recommend anyone buy a jayco. Mine has been in the shop more then my family has been able to enjoy the trailer. It’s been one issue after another. And now we have a big one and they are not standing behind their unit. Awning ripped right out of the trailer. Awning company covered the awning, but no one including the dealer will fix the aluminum that it ruined, just glad none of my three kids got hurt. Bought it for the name and now we are stuck with a trailer that’s ruined. So disappointed with Jayco customer service as well. Tried to chase answers and no one responds. Absolutely ridiculous.
- Craig moerland, Ontario

2018-08-29 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 242BHSW Baja View Listings

I love the floor plan. I do not love the cheap construction. The shelf in the master bed area is secured to 1/8 wall paneling, so with two pairs of pants, a few t shirts and a hoodie, the paneling is buckling and pulling away from the cabinets on both sides. The control panel for the water heater has blown twice this summer (bought it brand new in May), leaving us no hot water while traveling. The faucet on the kitchen sink is set up in such a way that there's literally no way to avoid getting water on the countertop. The faucet wasn't sealed to the counter in any way, so the first time we used it the shelf under the faucet got wet. The first time we tried to fill our fresh water tank the bottom bunk and around the bathroom door flooded because there was a loose fitting on the water pump. The list goes on. If I could return it I would. I'm very dissatisfied with this brand. My local RV place has worked with me the best they can, but they can only do so much when things like cupboards aren't covered in manufacturers warranty.
- Maygan, Idaho

2018-08-28 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 32BDSW View Listings

Its was the standard dealership expierience. The trailer looks good but all the lights caught fire and i had to tighten every bit of plumbing. The sofa springs busted . Windows are installed wrong. The warranty sucks. You can get it fixed if you drop it off for six months. They pushed me thru the inspection. Overall a very nice looking piece of junk
- Glen bell, Washington

2018-08-10 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB BAJA View Listings

My 1/2 ton 6 cylinder reg cab could tow, but not well. A 8cyl 1/2 ton should have no problem. I love this trailer. Been out below freezing (no water in tanks), and kept me warm. Everything works, except the Bluetooth IRV no longer pairs. Mattress is firm and sinking a bit, fridge works great, A/C worked at 103F on LOW cool and kept me very comfortable, but a bit loud. GREAT couples trailer, as you can get out on side of bed, unlike R-Pod. Baja has super clearance! I would recommend with no problem, although this is NOT a custom trailer and is built for the VALUE buyer!
- Steely 49, Washington

2018-05-05 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 265RLSW View Listings

The Jayco Jayflight SLX 265RLSW Baja is the perfect affordable lightweight remote to manicured camping trailer. With amenities such as LED lighting, exterior speakers, blue ray player, powerful AC, and full frig included standard, you won’t have to sacrifice comfort. Large propane and freshwater tanks, high ground clearance, and an easy half ton truck tow make this the ideal all around home away from home.
- Monte Martin, Nevada

2017-12-16 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 174BH View Listings

I bought an SLX 174BH in the Austin area, planning on not planning an RV trek to anywhere I wanted to go. No time frame either -- easy, since I'm retired. I planned to sell the trailer after returning, so I got a bunkhouse model figuring it would sell easier. It did. I never got beyond New Mexico, not because of the trailer, but because New Mexico is a superb state to spend 10 weeks exploring. 10 weeks turns about to be my limit for this sport, with Austin waiting back home. I have no serious issues with the 174BH, which pulled nicely with a 2004 V8 4Runner with tow package. It did the job for me, and everything worked fine.
- Chris Butler, Texas

2017-09-24 2015 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 195RB View Listings

I’m annoyed that Jayco does not allow warranty transfers to multiple owners during their normal coverage period, but otherwise a great product, and solid customer service. Shades could be better quality.
- Robert, New York

2017-09-18 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 287BHSW View Listings

I would never buy anything from jayco again. First trip out closet collapsed queen bed came apart awning is coming apart bathroom sink leeks. The quality is just poor and then trying to get service ha ha. I called jayco and they laughed at my problems. You are better off buying another brand
- Jon upton, California

2017-09-16 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 212QBW View Listings

We traded down from a 28 foot Jayco but must have bought one made when the workers had a off day. The head of the bed fell into the storage compartment our second trip out. The first time out without a hook up I found I could not put water into the tank because the interior hose going to the storage tank went up 6 inches above the intake before it looped down. The water coming out of the sink had no pressure, less then 1 gallon of water came out after 5 minutes running. At least the warranty has fixed the problems but I'm tired of taking it in to be fixed every time I find something incorrectly installed.
- Jim Sloss, Oregon

2017-07-09 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 32BDSW View Listings

Bought the coach July 7 brought it home excited to have second room for my daughter lovely coach pulled nice workmanship was what you expect in jayco.But the front light doesn't work and the biggest thing is the ac doesn't cool the trailer cold air comes out of vents but it's like there's not enough vents and the ac freezes up after the sun goes down 2 days old 25000 grand with little to no ac I can tolerate the light but I'm a full timer in Nevada first day was benefit of doubt.havent contacted anyone yet.thats why one star for warranty
- David tinsley, Nevada

2017-06-21 2015 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 145RB View Listings

These are great little campers for small families. Well built and very stylish! The best part of owning a Jayco camper is that all systems are easy to use and all manuals and documents are easily accessible on the Jayco website!
- Ron Morris, Texas

2017-03-21 2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 267BHSW View Listings

We recently took delivery of our 267BHSW and have made four trips with 10 total nights spent in the RV. To our surprise, we have had no issues crop up to date. We expected to have some initial problems, but none! The layout is usable and spacious. his is an entry level unit, so fit and finish are okay, but it is what we expected. The only modification that we are making immediately is to add stabilization bars to the scissor jacks. The unit has noticeable motion as people move around. Overall we highly recommend this TT and plan to use ours for many years to come!
- Chad, South Carolina

2016-11-21 2016 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 154BH BAJA View Listings

Specifically chose this configuration for off road, rough country camping: inverted axles, 15" M/S tires (both for higher ground clearance), greater water capacity, larger propane tank, lighter weight, etc. Bunks to preclude necessity of converting table to bed (although that may be done if nec). All the forgoing reduces many RVers "livability" factors, & if "home" comforts are desired, I'd recommend a more commodious model. However, if a fishing/hunting rig is desired, I strongly recommend this little guy. It tows without additional stabilizers, etc., maneuvers in tight spaces easily and if conservative with resources, i.e. water, power, propane, this is a wonderful asset when "boondocking". It may be towed with smaller TVs, though I use a 1/2 T pickup. The JAYCO folks have unstintingly answered all my "rookie" RV queries without hesitation, and the Jayco Forum members have been a wealth of info. If one has a need for a light, agile RV for getting into the back country, I strongly recommend this inexpensive, very comfortable (WAY better than any tent!) traveling cabin. - Jeff
- JEFF FREEMAN, Oregon

2016-08-08 2010 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 184BH View Listings

we liked everything about the camper. our problem, was that it was to big for us. Otherwise it was a great. it has an 18 foot awning and a great deal of storage. the bunk beds are rated at 600 lbs. I said they only sleep one but are capable of sleeping two.
- dennis garczynski, Tennessee