Jayco Jay Flight RVs Reviews (65)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Randal Petska Jr from Wisconsin says:

Have you owned any Jayco Jay Flight RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS View Listings

Just bought this 2 months ago....it's a cheap pile of junk. Toilet seal was put together crooked,just had a couple cabinet doors fall off the hinges/screws stripped out,bathroom door handle fell off,cabinet door latches don't even line up,bedroom door doesn't shut properly. These are the problems we have come across in 2 months....I'm sure there will be more. Very,very disappointed in the quality of work that was put into this camper.
- Randal Petska Jr , Wisconsin

2019-05-31 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 38RLTS View Listings

I own one it is an awesome unit. If you can buy one it is a great buy. Loved everything about it. Lots of room and well built. Tows very smooth. We also winter camp and it's great. Mine did not have a fireplace but it is my home away from home.
- izzie0141@yahoo.com, Alabama

2019-05-28 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

Would not purchase again. Should have gone with the coachmen I was looking at. So many screws have popped out I lost count. There's places (like the air vents) where they only put one screw!!! Most of the screws are put in at a 10 to 30 degree angle... Power jack quit on me today which is awesome. I've had this rig for a week now and I totally regret it. The locks are garbage, and are going to fail me soon, the door to the outside kitchen is out of whack, so those locks don't even work now. Materials are cheap, mostly particle board, and workmanship is shoddy at best. Haven't heard great things about the customer service, but we'll see. My hopes aren't very high. I hope someone reads this and doesn't make the mistake I did.
- Matthew, Virginia

2019-05-23 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS View Listings

We absolutely love the floor plan. We have lived in our camper for 3 months at a time and never had cabin fever. The recliners are so comfortable. I really like the bathroom because either person can get to it from the bedroom without climbing over the other. When we needed private time, I enjoyed the extra tv in the bedroom. We just have loved our camping experience. This camper has so much storage for belongings. You could actually live in this camper! The kitchen is set up nicely with a nice big refrigerator and freezer.
- Lorrie , Arizona

2019-05-21 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

There are to many issues to list. Water issue, electrical issue, ball hitch issue, door issue, linking issue, window issue, awning issue. This was are first trip with this trailer to go for are granddaughters first birthday what a NIGHTMARE!!!!!
- Stephen Swanson , Florida

2019-05-10 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 28RLS View Listings

This travel trailer is perfect for first time buyers. the layout is perfect, I love that everything is electronically run. The LED lighting is fantastic, and the furniture is 100% leather. it has a full sized shower and a queen sized bed. I especially love how there are speakers on the awning so music can also be enjoyed outside. it is also cable ready and can hook up solar panels to side of camper which is triple fantastic! It also has a thermal package which means you can camp in the winter or even live in it! I loved this camper the first I set eyes on it..the only things I did not like about it was there is not enough counter space, but I made it work, and that there is not alot of storage for my liking but could easily satisfy someone else. This camper is great, I just have to sell it because my living situations have changed and I cannot afford it anymore ☹️ whoever buys this camper will be extremely happy with it I promise you that!
- christina warnock, New York

2019-03-18 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS View Listings

We purchased this RV brand new and we loved it. Not too big to tow car. We did a couple of trips from NY to Maryland and Virginia. Easy and fast set up and take down. Automatic awning. Hit water heater/tank lasts long enough to shower and shave! Has been very well maintained, sad that we have to sell.
- Hope Bernstein, New York

2019-03-06 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

My husband and I bought a Jayco Jay Flight from one of your distributors; Broadmoor RV located in Pasco. Washington. We have had NOTHING but issues with this dealer. We bought our Jayco Jay Flight from them and haven't even had the trailer for a year. We have had to bring the trailer into Broadmoor twice for the AC the first time we did they "claimed" they fixed it, we brought our trailer in 3 times for the refrigerator not working, first time they claimed it was a bad breaker and "switched" it to the spare breaker, which they didn't, the second time they flipped the cooling unit which didn't fix it and the third time they claimed something fell blocking the filter causing the refrigerator to stop. We brought our trailer 3 times because the heater quick working, first time the service department claimed they put a whole new furnace in which was not true cause when we called a service guy to come out and check the trailer he stated they haven't replaced anything, brought it back in and they claimed to "replace" the furnace again, I had to tell the service department it was the thermostat which they gave us a service ticket saying they "replaced" the thermostat. Prior to them "replacing" the thermostat I had to use a command strip to keep it from falling off and when we just got our trailer back stating they replaced the thermostat the old thermostat is still on and still hanging by my command strip. We have had the run around with the service department through this whole thing. This trailer is less than a year old and we have had nothing but problems with then fixing issues we have and Broadmoor lying to us about fixing the issues. We bought the extended warranty so we wouldn't have these issues and yet they still do not do their job. Whomever is running this place is a joke and need to fire EVERYONE and start off new with a competent staff who knows HOW to fix a travel trailer instead of lying to their customers. Got our trailer back that "SUPPOSEDLY" got fixed. And guess what Broadmoor lied AGAIN, big shocker there! We gave them 2 WEEKS to fix the heater, which rattles now once it kicks on, and 2 weeks to fix the fridge, that doesn't keep ANYTHING cold!! This place is a JOKE!!! I am going to spam all my friends and family that NO ONE EVER buy anything from this company. This will be the 5th, FIFTH, time we are having the same issues fixed. 5th fucking time they supposedly fixed the issues. This company is not honest, they do not have integrity and they do not hold anybody accountable. I work for a company who holds those values to heart and it is shocking to me how much this company only cares about how much money they can make at the cheapest cost, cheapest cost meaning lying to their customers faces!!
- Jamie Newman, Washington

2019-02-27 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 32RLDS View Listings

Jayco builds one of the best RV's to us and we have been very happy with our travel trailer. The workmanship and detail which have gone into the cabinets and overall cosmetics is great! The chassis itself has proven to be very sturdy and the electric jacks are an awesome feature. We especially love the fireplace and our outdoor kitchen on the Jay Flight 32RLDS. We have enjoyed cooking outdoors with the convenience of both a refrigerator and microwave to help make our grilling easier! Overall, it just seems to us Jayco makes a more robust model of RV.
- Thomas Sowell, Georgia

2019-02-19 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 28RLS View Listings

Best built travel trailer and has everything we need for a great camping experience. Pulls wonderfully, easy to maintain, set up is a breeze. Compared the Jayco Jay Flight to many other models before purchase and found none came close to the superb build of the 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 28 RLS!
- Marie, South Carolina

2019-01-30 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS View Listings

Had ours for a few years and it was one of the best investments we ever made. We have 4 kids and everyone sleeps comfortably. Each have their own bed with 2 sleeping in their own bunk, one on table conversion and one on the comfy pull out couch (not an airbed). Me and the wife get the master queen. Towing it with our Ram 1500 is a breeze as it is only 6000 lbs unloaded. Plenty of storage for all of our stuff, chairs, toys, bbq, tables, etc. Easy to set up for camping and easy to close out to hit the road. This is our 3rd Jayco and the 2015 bunk house is a keeper!
- Joe, California

2019-01-23 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 264BHW View Listings

Camping World, another notoriously underhanded business, shares responsibility for this too. This piece of absolute JUNK was delivered brand new to me (cost 22k) with so many defects it is like something out of a weird dream. First of all, it was delivered with a gas leak! That is inexcusable and potentially fatal. Hot water heater broke within a month, furnace broke shortly thereafter, then went the thermostat. Forgot to mention the stereo didn’t work from the get. The master bed plywood cracked in three places (I weigh 160 and use the bed alone; there were no wild sexual romps involving heavy humans ;-) ). I mean how does a bed break in half in a brand new 2018 model when you’re merely putting sheets on? Let’s see...what else...the air vent in the ceiling’s plastic cover broke in two the first time I GENTLY tried to remove to wash the filter! It continues...the screen to the front door fell out after about three months of use, the overhead fan on in the bathroom broke within 3 months and—get this—when I went to lift up storage spaces and even mattresses there were MOUNDS of sawdust, leftover screws scraps of wood etc. What was the crew who assembled this thing drinking or smoking? (I want some of it; but not while I’m on the job!). Unreal! Below, you will see what I found under the bunk mattress. This negligence the case all over the trailer. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF A SHOP VAC OR BROOM AND DUSTPAN? Who does assembly work like that, and why didn’t CAMPING WORLD discover that in their “22-point inspection” before delivery. I had to raise ABSOLUTE HELL with Jayco and Camping World to have this addressed. I put up a similar scathing review on Google and, luckily, that got their attention to where they promised to come out—on site— (I’m disabled and living in this as a mere means of survival; I can’t tow it back to them) and fix the myriad of disrepair and defects. They have been addressing it but very slowly. This may be the absolute worst business transaction I’ve ever made. SHAME ON YOU JAYCO AND CAMPING WORLD. Zero integrity. Below is one of about a dozen places where the manufacturer didn’t even clean up! This is from under the mattress in one of the bunk beds. Would you want your toddler sleeping in a bed where there are spare screws and mounds of chemically-infused dust? This corporation should lose its charter to practice business. Lastly, I forgot to mention that the blinds on some the windows were defective. JUNK! BOYCOTT JAYCO AND BOYCOTT CAMPING WORKD. SPREAD THE WORD, contact BBB, put up reviews on consumer advocate website, MAYBE EVEN CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATIVE REPRESENTATIVE if you’ve experienced similar issues. I realize products have defects, but this is considerably beyond the pale!
- Billy Brent , Arizona

2019-01-17 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 264BHW View Listings

We have had this a year and a half. It is very usable nd towable unit. I would recommend it to a novice camping family or young family. It offers a lot for the price. Iwhen our family upgrades to next camper will definitely consider jayco.
- Mark moore, Ohio

2019-01-16 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB View Listings

The good: -Very affordable/bang for the buck. -Dealer support. -Perfect layout for us (couple). -Tows well/light weight. -Central tubing to accomodate winterizing via pump. The not so good: -No battery disconnect switch/had to install one. -Bed platform/plywood too thin, short (had to reinforce,but was fairly easy to do). Problems: -Circuit board for water heater failed (seems to be typcial problem in many RV's -- china made parts seem to be the source, of course).
- Robert, Washington

2019-01-15 2011 Jayco Jay Flight 29BHS View Listings

This Rv has an awesome setup for the whole family, delivers great cooling throughout all rooms, best heat and hot water and a great space for shower. Fast cooking fridge and nice even towing. Great family unit for 4 or 5 with room for a friend or guest.
- sean moore, Illinois

2019-01-09 2011 Jayco Jay Flight 29BHS View Listings

Almost 60,000 miles and no major problems, did have to adjust the alignment and added rear air bags to get a better ride, but now it drives great. Super happy this was our first RV because we've had such a great experience with it.
- Bob, Arizona

2019-01-08 2011 Jayco Jay Flight 24RKS View Listings

This has been a fantastic trailer for our family, with room for four to sleep comfortably and up to six if needed. We've traveled throughout the Rocky Mountain states in a variety of weather and had no problems. The hot water heater is very efficient and runs on either gas or electricity as does the refrigerator. There is ample storage, both in the trailer and accessible from the outside. Jayco is well know for the quality of materials and workmanship and we've absolutely found that to be the case. If you're looking for an affordable, easy to tow trailer with brand new tires and a battery powered tongue jack, this is the rig for you!
- Robin, Montana

2018-10-25 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 264BHW View Listings

I bought the jayco brand new. After a month things started falling apart. First the cabinet door fell off. Then there s a leak that took a while to figure where it was coming from Come to find out it was badly put together at the factory. Then the hot water stopped heating up. Then the window covering broke and the top of the Rv that catches the water was badly put together that water was falling into the trailer by way of the window. What s next? They want you taking it into a dealer for everything. If I did that I would be without a trailer for the most part of the months that I have owned it
- Disappointed, California

2018-10-25 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33BHTS View Listings

Whatever you do, do NOT buy a Jayco. We have had our Jayco for less than 5 years and pretty much everything has broken on it. What has Jayco done? Nothing. I have never been so angry/disappointed with a purchase. Just to give you an idea of how poor quality these trailers are, I’ll list a few of the things that broke in mine. The doorknob to the rear bedroom just completely stopped working, we had no choice but to break it off to open the door. The lights on the awning all stopped working within the first year, we took the trailer in to the shop to have them replaced, they all stopped working again within another year. We had to replace them with LED’s ourselves and they have been perfect since. The indoor molding around the kitchen slide out is completely tearing off. The glass at the bottom of our fridge shattered. The metal plate on the exterior front of the trailer fell off, when we took it in to the shop to have it repaired, it fell off again before we even made it home. Another thing we had to do ourselves if we wanted it fixed. The wood frame around the dinette broke, and both cushions have ripped. The table in the rear room is coming apart at the seams. The most recent and major problem is the jacks. The front right leveling jack just completely failed and buckled, shifting the entire trailer probably two feet, as well as damaging the three remaining jacks and the tongue jack. Another foot, and the trailer would have fallen over. Again, these aren’t even all the issues we’ve had so far. I would gladly switch back to the 20 year old Sportsmen we had before this. In the 15 years we owned that, we didn’t have nearly as many issues as we have had in the 4 years of owning this Jayco. I have never seen a travel trailer built so poorly and have such poor quality. We have contacted Jayco, but never heard back. If you are looking into buying a travel trailer, please take my advice and do not buy a Jayco.
- Hannah, Michigan

2018-10-16 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS View Listings

We have had this tt four years and overall have enjoyed our camping experience. We have had a few issues one major and most minimal. One of our axles was bent which we discovered after we noticed the tires were not wearing evenly. Even though our extended warranty claimed to cover every single part of the axle our Jayco dealer claimed it was our driving that caused it and refused to honor the warranty ([Dealer], California). We had not driven over rough roads so this defect existed prior to our use of the trailer or the axles was not heavy enough. We fought over this with Jayco corporate headquarters and the company that manufactured the axle but neither would stand behind their product. We paid over $1400 to replace the axle with a better product. Other small problems included a leak in the bathroom cabinet under the sink which Jayco fixed and some interior wood support pieces inside a cabinet that had split when screwed in place (my husband fixed these himself as service at Jayco included waiting several weeks for an appointment and waiting several more weeks for the work to be completed while our unit was kept at their lot). One small annoying problem is a screw with a large head that lifted under the linoleum, creating a slightly raised spot on the floor which shows wear. The strings wear out quickly on the blinds from the friction of moving them up and down but we replace the string segment and put them back up. However, all our appliances and heating and cooling systems have worked quite well. The unit is 24 ft. and we are able to tow it with our 2008 Toyota Tacoma quite easily. Although the floor plan is small it works well for two people and two small Sheltie dogs. We replaced the horrible mattress with a custom foam with separate comfort layers soo my side is softer than my husbands. I love the open floor plan so I can see through the entire unit from my side of the bed at night. A great option is the power jacks and hitch which work by pushing a button! The dinette slideout and awning are also opened with a push button and work well. We upgraded the air conditioner to the 15,000 unit as we camp in desert environments quite often and it keeps us cool and comfortable even in temperatures over 100 degrees. The heater works well and quickly. We love the little tub/shower as it is possible to sit inside and soak. The entrance door is wide which helps when loading and unloading. The corrugated exterior is wearing well but is slightly soft but we don’t have to worry about delamination. The kitchen sink is deep and pull down faucet works well. The end tables in bedroom are large so we can place a bottle of water, book, flashlight, iPad, phone, etc. and each side has an electrical conveniently placed (most new RVS and travel trailers do not have decent sized end tables in the bedroom). The led lighting throughout the unit works well and does not get hot! Tvs, cd, and radio all work well. There is plenty of cabinet storage. The placement of windows is well thought out and these framed windows actually slide open for plenty of ventilation unlike the frameless style. The 3 burner gas stove is very nice and the oven works well but is quite small. The microwave is a nice feature. The dinette area can seat four adults but is more comfortable with two. The cloth sofa and dinette seats are attractive and wear much better than leather. This unit is quite comfortable for camping two to three weeks at a time.
- Linda Moffitt, California

2018-10-10 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 264BH View Listings

U going to be so happy with this trailer for the first time u going to used Sleep 8 people late space Definitely you going to do so many trips through your life and create new memories with your friends and family this is true for our family and friends
- Gerta, Maryland

2018-09-11 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 22FB View Listings

Excellent camper...great size for driving vacations as it is easy to tow and easy to set up. It has a very comfortable bed and it has a large bathroom which I love. All the amenities of a Holiday Inn on wheels.
- Bob, Indiana

2018-08-17 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

We love the layout the camper is very nice and very spacious but with that being said Jayco service sucks the tell you everything you want to hear so you buy but when it’s all said and done its a lie!! They don’t stand behind there word mine is three weeks old and have a couple of minor issues payed for extended warranty so they would come to me at our seasonal site and only to find out it will coast me 90 dollar service fee something they don’t tell you when I called Jayco them selfs they pretty much said oh well thanks
- Shane simonds, New York

2018-07-24 2006 Jayco Jay Flight 30.5BHS View Listings

This jayco fifth wheel is a fantastic family geared camper that by far is so well built and maintain that this camper will be around for alot more years than you can believe! The only issue is that the bathroom sink is in the hallway going to the master bedroom! That's all!
- Michael H Angell, Rhode Island

2018-07-16 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 264BHW View Listings

We purchased our trailer from a RV show. We were told that they had one on the lot that we could take right now and it had some upgrades to it that they would throw in. When we picked up the trailer I asked the person explaining everything if there were manuals for all the equipment and appliances. Was told they were all there. The first trip we went on we discovered that the radio did not work, no manual to explain how to work anything. The awning was torn. The storm door would not latch and did not fit tight. The front door was hitting the frame. The walls had white caulking all over that covered the staples holes. It looked bad. Outside the caulking was poorly done also. Large amount everywhere and not cleaned up very well. I took the trailer back in and told the service person about everything. He told me to live with the caulking problem. The radio would be replaced and the awning also. It was going to take 4 weeks to get parts in. I was hoping that we could go camping a lot but we now have to wait before we can going out. No very happy with the quality control on this trailer.
- Wayne Egbert, Utah