Jayco Jay Flight RVs Reviews (81)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Randal Petska Jr from Wisconsin says:

Have you owned any Jayco Jay Flight RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS View Listings

Just bought this 2 months ago....it's a cheap pile of junk. Toilet seal was put together crooked,just had a couple cabinet doors fall off the hinges/screws stripped out,bathroom door handle fell off,cabinet door latches don't even line up,bedroom door doesn't shut properly. These are the problems we have come across in 2 months....I'm sure there will be more. Very,very disappointed in the quality of work that was put into this camper.
- Randal Petska Jr , Wisconsin

2019-10-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLS View Listings

This Trailer is our third RV. I can not begin to describe how shoddy the workmanship is. Every water connection leaked. I have had to replace all of them. They still leak under the sink. The settee came apart and had to be repaired. The belly pan came undone and was dragging on the ground as we were driving down the interstate. The overhead cabinet doors have come loose. The bottoms of the cloths closets have totally come loose. the main burner on the stove has come off and I had to re-seat it with JB weld. The trim around the windows have come loose. Perhaps if one traveled with a technician or camped at a dealership... but in the real world NEVER AGAIN!
- John Cyr, Missouri

2019-10-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

We had a JayFlight 22FB, a 2012 model, and liked it. Then we bought a 2018 model 22 RBS. This one has been a nightmare and in and out of the shop since we've had it. The workmanship has gone from bad to horrible. Everywhere you look flaws appear. We have had to replace the AC unit, replace both the entry door and screen door, replace the kitchen faucet fixture, replace the LED outside light, rewire the power tongue jack and fix leaks in the plumbing. And then there was the large, hex-headed BOLT that erupted up out of the kitchen floor on one trip. They "repaired" it by placing a much smaller gauge Phillips-head SCREW in the hole and melting the old linoleum over it to cover the hole. When we took it back they put another screw in, but did a better job of hiding the damage. Haven't taken it out since this last visit, so don't know if it will hold this time. They have destroyed what faith I once had in them and I would advise anyone thinking of purchasing one of their products to look it over VERY carefully and assume nothing. You'll be glad you did.
- Rip Riley, Oklahoma

2019-09-18 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 38FDDS View Listings

I bought this RV as a recently divorced woman. Was in it no more than a month. The shower walls popped out, the plastic grill on the floor for the heater, one broke, the window in the bedroom leaks every time it rains. The bottom cabinet in the bathroom fell apart when I opened it one morning. The are just glued together. There is a crach on the bedroom wall. I do not move the trailer. Do not know where it came from. Plus there is no baseboard around the outer walls. Can not keep the ants out. Never been so diappointed in my life. Can not get reapirs done because I am outside of the reapir area. They knew darn well where I lived but had no problem selling me an extended repair warranty. Knowing I could never use it. Now my salesman does not answer my calls. Plus I use to get promotional calls I dont' get them since I sent a disappointed text. Thanks a lot JAYCO. I really believed the Brothers just more lies.
- Linda Escher, Florida

2019-09-01 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

We bought our jay flight 34rsbs June 17 2019. We loved the floor plan. Nice and open. Lots of space. Kitchen feels a little cramped but it's ok. Love the king size bed. Now to the problems. Electric issuses with power tongue jack and the a/c. That was the first week we had it. Then three weeks later we started smelling mildew in the bedroom. So I started to look around at all the walls and ceiling. Three more places we found water damage. Walls are bowing in. One in bedroom and one in rear if camper. Two spots in ceiling in sagging down. One in bedroom and one spot in living room. This is my second camper so I know about the minor issuses with campers. But not these kind of issuses. I'm very disappointed with the jayco brand. The dealership in bought this camper at is working with me on these issuses. I'm not sure if jayco dropped the ball on this one or what happen. But I'm very disappointed.
- Brett Ousley , Illinois

2019-08-27 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS View Listings

We bought this 26BHS brand new in March 2015. Quality is severely lacking. Slideout was aligned wrong which caused the slide window to rub against the stationary wall and the window seal was ripped out. Kitchen faucet leaks into the cabinet below. Water pump failed. Fiberglass had a crack which I had to seal with silicone. TV antenna crank handle broken. Gray tank fell completely off the bottom of the trailer which ripped down the underbelly cover. Bottom of the ward cabinet in bedroom fell out. 2 tires failed in the first 3000 miles. Will not buy another Jayco.
- Sean, Texas

2019-08-27 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 31RLDS View Listings

We purchased this 31 RLDS Elite at 3 years old from the original owner was hardly used and was like new. We love it, plenty of room, tows like a dream and is very comfortable. We've pulled it around 4,000 miles with the only problem being a nail in one tire. If we get another RV it will be a Jayco!
- Harold , Tennessee

2019-08-26 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 264BHW View Listings

Going on 2 year with this 264bhw and its been great to me only issue i had was the water heater conntrol board went out after 1.5 years.just got back from a 2200 hundred mile trip and cannot be more happy.i think layout its pretty nice just wish had little more space to walk between the dinning table and stove.
- Martinez, Texas

2019-08-22 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

Since buying our trailer new. Always something goes wrong. Everything is done with staples so bottoms fall out of cabinets. A large piece came of sheet metal came of the bottom on the hwy. We have replaced two jacks. Bathroom vent won’t stay down Cabinet door came off and no way to screw back on Air conditioning would no work. 8-20-19 diamond plate on front of trailer came apart
- William Ralph, Utah

2019-08-18 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS View Listings

I bought my Jayco Jayflight two years ago, it is a 2012 year model, I am the second owner, it's a 33RLDS. I have been living in my Jayco for two years now, I; live alone so there plenty of space for all my things, this camper has a full-size bathroom & shower, full-size bedroom as well of course with this kind of space you are bound to have slide-outs, there are three on my Jayco. My living room has two nice rockers a fold-out comfy couch, that sleeps 2 and an air mattress, there are many cabinets for storage in and around the entertainment area, complete with stereo, DVD player, flat-screen tv above my working fireplace, yes I said working, it's great in the cold months. The air conditioning is a vented system and works wonderfully. As I said before I have been living full time in my Jayco for 2 years, and I have had one problem but it was my fault,30 amps rating means use a 30 amp cord, not a 20. Anyway, I love my Jayco and recommend them highly.
- karmenjariz0@gmail.com, North Carolina

2019-08-03 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

We recently purchased a new 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS from RV Connection in Indiana, due to their proximity to the Jayco plant, and due to the fact we could get a plant tour. A nice fellow named Brad McKinney gave us a factory tour and bragged about the Amish workmanship, their quality, and how they stood behind their products. For the most part we are happy with our new unit. It has had some minor issues such as the bed has screws falling out, some screws fell out of the microwave, and the refrig door does not click in place, so food falls out when you travel. Even though these concerns were a problem, both my wife and myself felt we could complete our vacation and have them addressed when we got home. Unfortunately my wife recently discovered wet towels under the bath sink, and we now realized that the cold water line was leaking and had been installed cross threaded. Reluctant to end our vacation, I undid the bad fitting and screwed it in straight, this appeared to correct that problem. Unfortunately, that did not stop the bath floor from being wet, and a few days later we discovered another leak behind the toilet. Unfortunately another fitting was installed crooked, but this fitting could not easily be corrected, as the pipe comes in at an angle. We called our dealership and they called the factory rep Brad. We were informed that we could either head all the way back to Indiana, from our location in Maggie Valley, NC,or we could take it to a dealer four hours from our current location. Asked how long this repair could take, and was informed it may take two to three weeks to get parts needed. Since these two observed leaks are just the areas we can see, we now fear there may be many other leaks we are not aware of, that also need to be addressed. It appears our vacation is over, and Jayco says we will need to find our own accommodations during repairs. We are now asking ourselves what about the Amish workmanship that was so highly boosted, was this just a sales pitch? My wife and I felt this company would have had much better customer service, based on their Amish owner and workers, guess we were wrong.
- William Stephenson , Florida

2019-07-19 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 33RBTS View Listings

We bought a jayco because the sales manager said it was the best out there. Well they must all suck. Because we have had a continuous list of problems and several calls not returned and lack of follow up and service. First problem was outside kitchen door was twisted when we bought it, they fixed it once but still has problems. Shower leaks around the bottom of the glass looked closely at it and it was only caulked half way. They tried to fix it with white caulk (should have been clear) looked like a 3 year old did it. We refused to pick it up like that. They redid it sorta, I fixed it correctly later because I didnt want it to leak into the bedroom again. They had to rebuild the bed because the support rods were breaking the framing, they just added 2x2s to try and make it good and put 30 staples in the panel, which didnt hold. They are suppose to fix that again. A few trim pieces broken or cracked they did fix those. Outside kitchen drawer cracked still havent gotten a new one for us. The vent for the a/c doesnt line up with the ductwork,they still need to fix that. A d to top it off the main livingroom slide leaks when it rains now and they wont return our calls. Rv One Des Moines service is pathetic they just push them thru the door to make money.. very mad and would NEVER get a jayco again!!!
- Matt, Iowa

2019-07-10 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

We have had this Jayco for three years, and it has been pretty trouble free. We did have a problem with the mount for the slide out drive motor, but the biggest problem I have seen is that all RV service places seem to suck. They can't even seem to do recalls properly. Definitely have no trouble shooting abilities.
- Charles Hamlin, Michigan

2019-06-29 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

Got this RV a month ago and have had a ton of issues. AC thermostat had to insulate behind it to stop intermittent shutting off. Bed is cheaply made, had to build support. Shower leaked. And now wall behind stove is coming off. What a joke for a new camper! Cheaply made
- Travis, Ohio

2019-06-28 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS View Listings

The jayco jay flight 26bh I purchased has just about every problem you can imagine The cabinets started falling apart within a month of us purchasing it The tank indicators have not worked Sense we got it The bedding all had to be replaced within three months of buying it The gray handle broke the first time we used it and I’m not talking about the cheap plastic handle I’m talking about the aluminum rod When the lights were recalled they replaced the lights but did nothing about the shorted wore from the light shorting out When I asked jayco to do something about it they knowing that nobody could write a statement that the light was what shorted out the wiring without the light (that the technician took to send back) so I have a circuit that had only three of the defected lights on it that does not work even though they put the new lights in OTHER WORDS JAYCO BUILDS NOTHING BUT JUNK PS PLEASE ADD A PLACE FOR 0 STARS Now the black tank has fallen out
- James Palmer, Florida

2019-06-24 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

I bought a 2018 Jayco jayflight in 2017 from Albany RV1 superstore in Albany NY. 4 Brothers They own 4 dealerships . I sent vidoe..of defects,, its bath tub elbow fell out..hundreds of gallons of water under floor..flooded trailer The 2 owners didnt give a Sh*T..F/y..its ur problem..no return ph calls ,,no road service repairs and finally FARMERS INSURANCE ( THANK GOD) Yes God...totaled the trailer...Albany RV 1 wouldn't even return ins.agents 6 callS...lmao..." HE WILL SEE THEM IN COURT".. Albany TV investigative reporters did nothing!!! Because Albany RV is a major TV sponsor!! Parent company Thor Industries produce numerous camper brands ...same Sh*t different brand..caught them replying to email in my (bcc) laughing at me.!!Looked at another brand and dealership, same Sh*t reviews. This industry needs congressional investigating!! I HOPE THEY SUE ME.. ILL post all the court records on their websites ..They wont be able to give them away.!!!!
- Burk, New York

2019-06-21 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 22FB View Listings

We have a nice experience with this camper.For 4 winters we stayed in South Carolina. In the 5 years we had it,we never had any problems;except when the awning had to be replaced last winter;because of a wind damage. Because of my husbands age and health we have to sell it now.
- alkemadetony@hotmail.com, Ontario

2019-05-31 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 38RLTS View Listings

I own one it is an awesome unit. If you can buy one it is a great buy. Loved everything about it. Lots of room and well built. Tows very smooth. We also winter camp and it's great. Mine did not have a fireplace but it is my home away from home.
- izzie0141@yahoo.com, Alabama

2019-05-28 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

Would not purchase again. Should have gone with the coachmen I was looking at. So many screws have popped out I lost count. There's places (like the air vents) where they only put one screw!!! Most of the screws are put in at a 10 to 30 degree angle... Power jack quit on me today which is awesome. I've had this rig for a week now and I totally regret it. The locks are garbage, and are going to fail me soon, the door to the outside kitchen is out of whack, so those locks don't even work now. Materials are cheap, mostly particle board, and workmanship is shoddy at best. Haven't heard great things about the customer service, but we'll see. My hopes aren't very high. I hope someone reads this and doesn't make the mistake I did.
- Matthew, Virginia

2019-05-23 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS View Listings

We absolutely love the floor plan. We have lived in our camper for 3 months at a time and never had cabin fever. The recliners are so comfortable. I really like the bathroom because either person can get to it from the bedroom without climbing over the other. When we needed private time, I enjoyed the extra tv in the bedroom. We just have loved our camping experience. This camper has so much storage for belongings. You could actually live in this camper! The kitchen is set up nicely with a nice big refrigerator and freezer.
- Lorrie , Arizona

2019-05-21 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

There are to many issues to list. Water issue, electrical issue, ball hitch issue, door issue, linking issue, window issue, awning issue. This was are first trip with this trailer to go for are granddaughters first birthday what a NIGHTMARE!!!!!
- Stephen Swanson , Florida

2019-05-10 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 28RLS View Listings

This travel trailer is perfect for first time buyers. the layout is perfect, I love that everything is electronically run. The LED lighting is fantastic, and the furniture is 100% leather. it has a full sized shower and a queen sized bed. I especially love how there are speakers on the awning so music can also be enjoyed outside. it is also cable ready and can hook up solar panels to side of camper which is triple fantastic! It also has a thermal package which means you can camp in the winter or even live in it! I loved this camper the first I set eyes on it..the only things I did not like about it was there is not enough counter space, but I made it work, and that there is not alot of storage for my liking but could easily satisfy someone else. This camper is great, I just have to sell it because my living situations have changed and I cannot afford it anymore ☹️ whoever buys this camper will be extremely happy with it I promise you that!
- christina warnock, New York

2019-03-18 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS View Listings

We purchased this RV brand new and we loved it. Not too big to tow car. We did a couple of trips from NY to Maryland and Virginia. Easy and fast set up and take down. Automatic awning. Hit water heater/tank lasts long enough to shower and shave! Has been very well maintained, sad that we have to sell.
- Hope Bernstein, New York

2019-03-06 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

My husband and I bought a Jayco Jay Flight from one of your distributors; Broadmoor RV located in Pasco. Washington. We have had NOTHING but issues with this dealer. We bought our Jayco Jay Flight from them and haven't even had the trailer for a year. We have had to bring the trailer into Broadmoor twice for the AC the first time we did they "claimed" they fixed it, we brought our trailer in 3 times for the refrigerator not working, first time they claimed it was a bad breaker and "switched" it to the spare breaker, which they didn't, the second time they flipped the cooling unit which didn't fix it and the third time they claimed something fell blocking the filter causing the refrigerator to stop. We brought our trailer 3 times because the heater quick working, first time the service department claimed they put a whole new furnace in which was not true cause when we called a service guy to come out and check the trailer he stated they haven't replaced anything, brought it back in and they claimed to "replace" the furnace again, I had to tell the service department it was the thermostat which they gave us a service ticket saying they "replaced" the thermostat. Prior to them "replacing" the thermostat I had to use a command strip to keep it from falling off and when we just got our trailer back stating they replaced the thermostat the old thermostat is still on and still hanging by my command strip. We have had the run around with the service department through this whole thing. This trailer is less than a year old and we have had nothing but problems with then fixing issues we have and Broadmoor lying to us about fixing the issues. We bought the extended warranty so we wouldn't have these issues and yet they still do not do their job. Whomever is running this place is a joke and need to fire EVERYONE and start off new with a competent staff who knows HOW to fix a travel trailer instead of lying to their customers. Got our trailer back that "SUPPOSEDLY" got fixed. And guess what Broadmoor lied AGAIN, big shocker there! We gave them 2 WEEKS to fix the heater, which rattles now once it kicks on, and 2 weeks to fix the fridge, that doesn't keep ANYTHING cold!! This place is a JOKE!!! I am going to spam all my friends and family that NO ONE EVER buy anything from this company. This will be the 5th, FIFTH, time we are having the same issues fixed. 5th ****ing time they supposedly fixed the issues. This company is not honest, they do not have integrity and they do not hold anybody accountable. I work for a company who holds those values to heart and it is shocking to me how much this company only cares about how much money they can make at the cheapest cost, cheapest cost meaning lying to their customers faces!!
- Jamie Newman, Washington

2019-02-27 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 32RLDS View Listings

Jayco builds one of the best RV's to us and we have been very happy with our travel trailer. The workmanship and detail which have gone into the cabinets and overall cosmetics is great! The chassis itself has proven to be very sturdy and the electric jacks are an awesome feature. We especially love the fireplace and our outdoor kitchen on the Jay Flight 32RLDS. We have enjoyed cooking outdoors with the convenience of both a refrigerator and microwave to help make our grilling easier! Overall, it just seems to us Jayco makes a more robust model of RV.
- Thomas Sowell, Georgia