Jayco Jay Flight Reviews on RV Insider (92)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randal Petska Jr from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS View Listings

Just bought this 2 months ago....it's a cheap pile of junk. Toilet seal was put together crooked,just had a couple cabinet doors fall off the hinges/screws stripped out,bathroom door handle fell off,cabinet door latches don't even line up,bedroom door doesn't shut properly. These are the problems we have come across in 2 months....I'm sure there will be more. Very,very disappointed in the quality of work that was put into this camper.
- Randal Petska Jr , Wisconsin

2020-07-03 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

I bought this in April 2019. It was very hard to tow, had to put air bags in the springs. It is near impossible to make the bed because the cabinets come out too far and are in the way. The table is horrible, guaranteed to cut up your legs getting around it. Had to use pieces of swimming noodle to cover parts to prevent this issue. I love the refrigerator though! Very roomy! Even though I had to have the door latch repaired twice! The electric awning is difficult to get any king of a slope to it. the pins to allow the slope need to be removed to slope instead of just pushing on them, then getting them back in is a big job. Also impossible to clean since it is so high off the ground, need a ladder and an extra person. I wish the engineer who designed this trailer had to live in it for a year before they put it on the market. This is definitely a DO NOT BUY!!! Would love to sell it!!
- Leonard Cox, Michigan

2020-06-10 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

Reliable,spacious,more for the money, great reputation and good looking Travel Trailer.All of the qualities one would expect with a Travel Trailer.There are RV's then there is Jayco. I know you will enjoy being a proud owner of this Rv.
- Lawrence Anderson, Florida

2020-06-07 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

My RV is just over a year old biggest price of crap I’ve ever wasted money on. Within 30 days had massive leaks on a slide out where the rubber gasket didn’t even touch the slide roof. Grey water tank fell out on the ground. All the LED lights have now been replaced. The black water tank sensors don’t work, the AC thermostat had failed, and now the hot water tank had a break in the weld and flooded the RV. The dealer we purchased this junk from has only responded once and made things worse. I have emailed Jayco directly and ignored. Customer service is non responsive and they just don’t care. They said they can’t make the dealer respond. What a joke! Do not buy from Jayco! Then I learn that RV’s are exempt from lemon laws! I’m still hiring a lawyer to see what if any rights I have.
- Scott Dennis, Florida

2020-06-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 28RLS View Listings

I bought this trailer new last year. Main entrance door did not align, cabinets did not latch shut. Faucet connections were not tight. There were gaps in the bedroom closets. The bed is poorly supported. Now the Dometic air conditioner just broke. This is the biggest piece of garbage I ever bought. I thought the 2 year warranty would handle any issues I had, but my dealer can’t fix my A/C for 3 months so now I have to pay $1100 to have someone else fix it and hope I can recoup something from Jayco. Do yourself a favor and spend more and buy a better made trailer.
- Henry Donehoo, Ohio

2020-05-21 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

The Jayco 32BHDS frame is great! All the cupboards and drawers are quality care. The mattress just like other trailers is very firm! We ended purchasing a memory foam mattress. It can sleep up to 10. The bunkhouse/ outdoor kitchen are a plus!
- Angie and Johnny Sills, Oregon

2020-04-22 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

I bought my 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS from Hilltop RV in Fridley, MN. I also bought an extended warranty for extra assurance. There were a couple of small things that have gone wrong with it in the 2 years I've owned it but nothing major (shade was missing from the sunlight, bench seat cracked, table started peeling at the seam, and the closet rod fell down which was probably my fault for hanging up too many clothes). Hilltop RV stood by their product and fixed absolutely everything at no cost to me. Things sometimes happen and I get that. As long as they fix it, I'm cool. I absolutely LOVE the outdoor 'kitchen' which we use as a bar, LOL. The kids (3 teenagers) LOVE their bunkroom! They have their own TV, room to hangout, play games, watch movies and the door allows me not to see their mess, LOL. The ONLY thing I'm not a fan of is the A/C unit is fairly loud. I've read some not-so-nice reviews about this camper and think it's mostly about their dealer and not the actual camper. So choose your dealer wisely. Also, remember that these campers cannot be built with high quality products because with that comes weight. If you buy a Jay Flight, one of the selling points is that it's light-weight and you won't need a 2500 (or bigger) truck to pull it. And to put things into perspective, what I paid for my 2017 truck was 3 x's what I paid for my 2018 travel trailer. And I'm not living in my truck and only live in my trailer on the weekends, 5 months out of the year (remember, I live in the frozen tundra called Minnesota). Enough said. Overall, I love my camper and it's mine and my family's happy place. I would highly recommend Jayco and also Hilltop RV! Happy Glamping! :)
- Tammy, Minnesota

2020-03-28 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 195RB Baja View Listings

With in hours of leaving the dealership and a city away I found out that I was not able to turn any of my 12v lighting on. Everything work earlier but not now. Next day went to the dealership, turns out it was a missing reverse polarity fuse. In addition to the fuse the fuse holder was all bent to hell and had to be reformed. Within my first week the shelving above the queen bed broke losse and I had to put screws through it. Trailer didn't even come with proper LP bracket or storage, which in turn lead to the thin angle iron they used was shearing away and expected me to secure it with a pice of all-thread running through the angle and the LP tank on the bottom. The dinnet next was to fall apart along with the closet door frame ripping from the wall. The toilet wasn't properly set and sealed leading to water damage along with a poor choice of kitchen faucet making it difficult to fill anything or even to do dishes. All led lighting interior but two left a black scorching on the ceiling and shortly after broke completely. I was always burning LP quickly due to a lack of insulation it later turned out when I decided to remove on of the wall panels. They either didn't put any insulation in one fire break or just half assed it by leaving three inches and sometimes five inches of empty space all around with minimal batting. They used to heavy of wood for the counters, table, armrest for the bed, and even heavier for the doors. Jayco couldn't even make a pricise hole for the pipes. The trailer looked nice to start off especially for a newby. But I wouldn't recommend Jayco to anybody with extreme prejudiced. F.Y.I all this within the first two years. They say #1top selling. Selling what, a bunch of CRAPPY Amish built bullshit. Buy American made but not Amish, they just don't make the mark.
- baha-80, California

2020-03-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite View Listings

Baught new in 2016. I do both seasonal camping (4 months per year) and tow the trailer a few times every summer as well. I tow with a 2016 F150 2.7engine and its a good fit with my truck. Travelled 2500km last summer trip with no issues. I gave a 4 for quality for the following two reasons: dinette back rest loosening up after a few summer and I fixed it myself with 2 bolts drilled on the frame to solidify it, outside kitchen was 1/2 inch camco hoses clamp to Pex?? so I also fixed that with proper fitting. Also baught a foam mattress for comfort. The rest has been working perfect so far. We plan to keep it for more years.
- Gino, New Brunswick

2020-02-26 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB View Listings

Great trailer. Solid the whole five years we've owned it. Easy to tow as it's lighter weight. It has a newer appearance inside the trailer with cream and light brown color hues. The wraparound dining table has been really nice for four to six people. The memory foam queen bed is very comfortable and it's really convenient for the kids to be able to bring friends because there are full size bunks. The couch has the ability to lay down into a bed or be used as a couch which has been nice when watching movies with the family.
- Kari, Washington

2020-01-26 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB View Listings

Great floor plan. Easy tow with our 2015 Durango with factory tow and hemi. The numerous upgrades over the 212QBW were worth the small price difference. I had to repair/replace plumbing, window coverings, tv coax connections. We were traveling so any dealer support was not happening. Great Rv for the price, have owned rv’s for 30 yrs.
- Steve Swenson, Missouri

2019-11-10 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLDS View Listings

After much research I decided my first RV would be a Jayco Jay Flight 29RLDS. My wife and I have camped in scorching heat and freezing temperatures. Our Jayco hasn't let us down yet. I highly recommend this well built camper equipped with the thermal package. We made the correct decision when purchasing our RV.
- jeff899501, North Carolina

2019-10-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLS View Listings

This Trailer is our third RV. I can not begin to describe how shoddy the workmanship is. Every water connection leaked. I have had to replace all of them. They still leak under the sink. The settee came apart and had to be repaired. The belly pan came undone and was dragging on the ground as we were driving down the interstate. The overhead cabinet doors have come loose. The bottoms of the cloths closets have totally come loose. the main burner on the stove has come off and I had to re-seat it with JB weld. The trim around the windows have come loose. Perhaps if one traveled with a technician or camped at a dealership... but in the real world NEVER AGAIN!
- John Cyr, Missouri

2019-10-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

We had a JayFlight 22FB, a 2012 model, and liked it. Then we bought a 2018 model 22 RBS. This one has been a nightmare and in and out of the shop since we've had it. The workmanship has gone from bad to horrible. Everywhere you look flaws appear. We have had to replace the AC unit, replace both the entry door and screen door, replace the kitchen faucet fixture, replace the LED outside light, rewire the power tongue jack and fix leaks in the plumbing. And then there was the large, hex-headed BOLT that erupted up out of the kitchen floor on one trip. They "repaired" it by placing a much smaller gauge Phillips-head SCREW in the hole and melting the old linoleum over it to cover the hole. When we took it back they put another screw in, but did a better job of hiding the damage. Haven't taken it out since this last visit, so don't know if it will hold this time. They have destroyed what faith I once had in them and I would advise anyone thinking of purchasing one of their products to look it over VERY carefully and assume nothing. You'll be glad you did.
- Rip Riley, Oklahoma

2019-09-18 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 38FDDS View Listings

I bought this RV as a recently divorced woman. Was in it no more than a month. The shower walls popped out, the plastic grill on the floor for the heater, one broke, the window in the bedroom leaks every time it rains. The bottom cabinet in the bathroom fell apart when I opened it one morning. The are just glued together. There is a crach on the bedroom wall. I do not move the trailer. Do not know where it came from. Plus there is no baseboard around the outer walls. Can not keep the ants out. Never been so diappointed in my life. Can not get reapirs done because I am outside of the reapir area. They knew darn well where I lived but had no problem selling me an extended repair warranty. Knowing I could never use it. Now my salesman does not answer my calls. Plus I use to get promotional calls I dont' get them since I sent a disappointed text. Thanks a lot JAYCO. I really believed the Brothers just more lies.
- Linda Escher, Florida

2019-09-01 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

We bought our jay flight 34rsbs June 17 2019. We loved the floor plan. Nice and open. Lots of space. Kitchen feels a little cramped but it's ok. Love the king size bed. Now to the problems. Electric issuses with power tongue jack and the a/c. That was the first week we had it. Then three weeks later we started smelling mildew in the bedroom. So I started to look around at all the walls and ceiling. Three more places we found water damage. Walls are bowing in. One in bedroom and one in rear if camper. Two spots in ceiling in sagging down. One in bedroom and one spot in living room. This is my second camper so I know about the minor issuses with campers. But not these kind of issuses. I'm very disappointed with the jayco brand. The dealership in bought this camper at is working with me on these issuses. I'm not sure if jayco dropped the ball on this one or what happen. But I'm very disappointed.
- Brett Ousley , Illinois

2019-08-27 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BHS View Listings

We bought this 26BHS brand new in March 2015. Quality is severely lacking. Slideout was aligned wrong which caused the slide window to rub against the stationary wall and the window seal was ripped out. Kitchen faucet leaks into the cabinet below. Water pump failed. Fiberglass had a crack which I had to seal with silicone. TV antenna crank handle broken. Gray tank fell completely off the bottom of the trailer which ripped down the underbelly cover. Bottom of the ward cabinet in bedroom fell out. 2 tires failed in the first 3000 miles. Will not buy another Jayco.
- Sean, Texas

2019-08-27 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 31RLDS View Listings

We purchased this 31 RLDS Elite at 3 years old from the original owner was hardly used and was like new. We love it, plenty of room, tows like a dream and is very comfortable. We've pulled it around 4,000 miles with the only problem being a nail in one tire. If we get another RV it will be a Jayco!
- Harold , Tennessee

2019-08-26 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 264BHW View Listings

Going on 2 year with this 264bhw and its been great to me only issue i had was the water heater conntrol board went out after 1.5 years.just got back from a 2200 hundred mile trip and cannot be more happy.i think layout its pretty nice just wish had little more space to walk between the dinning table and stove.
- Martinez, Texas

2019-08-22 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

Since buying our trailer new. Always something goes wrong. Everything is done with staples so bottoms fall out of cabinets. A large piece came of sheet metal came of the bottom on the hwy. We have replaced two jacks. Bathroom vent won’t stay down Cabinet door came off and no way to screw back on Air conditioning would no work. 8-20-19 diamond plate on front of trailer came apart
- William Ralph, Utah

2019-08-18 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS View Listings

I bought my Jayco Jayflight two years ago, it is a 2012 year model, I am the second owner, it's a 33RLDS. I have been living in my Jayco for two years now, I; live alone so there plenty of space for all my things, this camper has a full-size bathroom & shower, full-size bedroom as well of course with this kind of space you are bound to have slide-outs, there are three on my Jayco. My living room has two nice rockers a fold-out comfy couch, that sleeps 2 and an air mattress, there are many cabinets for storage in and around the entertainment area, complete with stereo, DVD player, flat-screen tv above my working fireplace, yes I said working, it's great in the cold months. The air conditioning is a vented system and works wonderfully. As I said before I have been living full time in my Jayco for 2 years, and I have had one problem but it was my fault,30 amps rating means use a 30 amp cord, not a 20. Anyway, I love my Jayco and recommend them highly.
- karmenjariz, North Carolina

2019-08-03 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

We recently purchased a new 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS from RV Connection in Indiana, due to their proximity to the Jayco plant, and due to the fact we could get a plant tour. A nice fellow named Brad McKinney gave us a factory tour and bragged about the Amish workmanship, their quality, and how they stood behind their products. For the most part we are happy with our new unit. It has had some minor issues such as the bed has screws falling out, some screws fell out of the microwave, and the refrig door does not click in place, so food falls out when you travel. Even though these concerns were a problem, both my wife and myself felt we could complete our vacation and have them addressed when we got home. Unfortunately my wife recently discovered wet towels under the bath sink, and we now realized that the cold water line was leaking and had been installed cross threaded. Reluctant to end our vacation, I undid the bad fitting and screwed it in straight, this appeared to correct that problem. Unfortunately, that did not stop the bath floor from being wet, and a few days later we discovered another leak behind the toilet. Unfortunately another fitting was installed crooked, but this fitting could not easily be corrected, as the pipe comes in at an angle. We called our dealership and they called the factory rep Brad. We were informed that we could either head all the way back to Indiana, from our location in Maggie Valley, NC,or we could take it to a dealer four hours from our current location. Asked how long this repair could take, and was informed it may take two to three weeks to get parts needed. Since these two observed leaks are just the areas we can see, we now fear there may be many other leaks we are not aware of, that also need to be addressed. It appears our vacation is over, and Jayco says we will need to find our own accommodations during repairs. We are now asking ourselves what about the Amish workmanship that was so highly boosted, was this just a sales pitch? My wife and I felt this company would have had much better customer service, based on their Amish owner and workers, guess we were wrong.
- William Stephenson , Florida

2019-07-19 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 33RBTS View Listings

We bought a jayco because the sales manager said it was the best out there. Well they must all suck. Because we have had a continuous list of problems and several calls not returned and lack of follow up and service. First problem was outside kitchen door was twisted when we bought it, they fixed it once but still has problems. Shower leaks around the bottom of the glass looked closely at it and it was only caulked half way. They tried to fix it with white caulk (should have been clear) looked like a 3 year old did it. We refused to pick it up like that. They redid it sorta, I fixed it correctly later because I didnt want it to leak into the bedroom again. They had to rebuild the bed because the support rods were breaking the framing, they just added 2x2s to try and make it good and put 30 staples in the panel, which didnt hold. They are suppose to fix that again. A few trim pieces broken or cracked they did fix those. Outside kitchen drawer cracked still havent gotten a new one for us. The vent for the a/c doesnt line up with the ductwork,they still need to fix that. A d to top it off the main livingroom slide leaks when it rains now and they wont return our calls. Rv One Des Moines service is pathetic they just push them thru the door to make money.. very mad and would NEVER get a jayco again!!!
- Matt, Iowa

2019-07-10 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

We have had this Jayco for three years, and it has been pretty trouble free. We did have a problem with the mount for the slide out drive motor, but the biggest problem I have seen is that all RV service places seem to suck. They can't even seem to do recalls properly. Definitely have no trouble shooting abilities.
- Charles Hamlin, Michigan

2019-06-29 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

Got this RV a month ago and have had a ton of issues. AC thermostat had to insulate behind it to stop intermittent shutting off. Bed is cheaply made, had to build support. Shower leaked. And now wall behind stove is coming off. What a joke for a new camper! Cheaply made
- Travis, Ohio