Jayco Jay Flight Reviews on RV Insider (113)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randal Petska Jr from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS View Listings

Just bought this 2 months ago....it's a cheap pile of junk. Toilet seal was put together crooked,just had a couple cabinet doors fall off the hinges/screws stripped out,bathroom door handle fell off,cabinet door latches don't even line up,bedroom door doesn't shut properly. These are the problems we have come across in 2 months....I'm sure there will be more. Very,very disappointed in the quality of work that was put into this camper.
- Randal Petska Jr , Wisconsin

2021-06-09 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

I will never buy another Jayco. Piece of junk. Too many repairs to mention. Mostly repetative furnace problems electrical issues and screws missing or loose on slides. It looks nice but is poorly built. Poor quality. Poor warranty service performance. I should have bought another puma. This was the worst purchase I have ever made. I am a lifetime camper and this experience has turned my stomach.
- Henry, Missouri

2021-06-03 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 29BHS View Listings

This is the worst camper I have ever owned. I've been in it twice and it's been in the shop twice. First time my shower leaked all outside because drain was broken from manufacturer, then when they tried to fix it, they found jayco put the access panel on wrong end and had to make a new one. The outside kitchen leaked all inside the trailer because they didn't put a simple swivel house so everytime you pull out and push in the house couldn't move with it. They finally fixed it then next trip a big bolt came through the floor right in the middle of the floor and the hot water heater broke. This is just 2 times out!!!! If I used it more, I'm positive something else would break. Seriously, DO NOT BUY JAYCO! Thor bought it out a few years ago, quality went straight down!
- David Pinkard, Texas

2021-05-29 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27.5RKS View Listings

I bought this fifth wheel used in 2020. At 13 years old, it wasn't in too bad a shape or so I thought. Aside from the misuse and damage from the previous owner, I can say this is a cute little camper that would be a great three season travel home. Unfortunately if you use the microwave you have to shut any other major appliance (AC, electric heater, toaster, etc). If you were using an electric heater and attempt to also use the microwave or a blow dryer, the circuit will trip. When you go to flip it you'll be shocked at how hot it feels. The water heater on this one was neglected beyond repair so I have to replace it. The little sink in the kitchen is a double sink but should be just one decent size sink. It's very difficult to wash dishes pots and pans in this stupid thing. The oven is very small and will not fit most pants, however, it does work pretty well as do the three burners. The fan overhead is very loud, as is the single AC unit which works better when the weather is cooler. The furnace is okay as long as all of the ductwork is in perfect shape. The bedroom is frustratingly small but again if you don't live in this full time then this would work out great. There's a lot of wasted space. If the people who built them put an ounce of thought into it, you'd be able to fit pots, pans and things under the sink and in the bottom kitchen cabinets. Under the oven is a cabinet for just the water pump. The back corner of the countertop between the fridge and the back wall is all wasted space underneath because whoever installed the PEX and the hot water heater must have just been piecing little pieces together. The plumbing is unprofessional at best. The bathroom sink is so tiny, a word of advice is to always have a towel on the floor and on the countertop in front of you when you're brushing your teeth or washing your hands. Don't expect to do more in that tiny sink. If you attempt to use this camper when it's cold out requiring you to put the heat on inside, make sure you have the bathroom and the stove vents on to keep the mold to a minimum. Yes mold is very common in these campers and this one especially. The lighting is antiquated and way too big for where it is. Over the sofa and the banquet are these residential size ceiling lights. try and sit down and stand up without hitting your head on them. the windows are huge which is what I fell in love with but they're only single pane and will look like someone was spraying water on the inside. It's a nightmare to try and keep up with the moisture. Buy stock in dry gel. There is very little storage at all. I'm comparing this to other newer fifth wheels that have multiple storage compartments on the bottom. This only has one pass through storage compartment that can also be accessed from right underneath the overhang. The drawback with that is the propane tanks are housed in a metal box right underneath the bed. The cold air comes right up through those storage areas and makes it really uncomfortable in cold weather. I also don't understand why they ran one of the propane hoses outside the front of the RV rather than through the inside. The door is poor design, there is no storage in the bathroom and the tub is very tiny but it works as long as you replace the hose and shower head with a real handheld shower head. This unit I purchased already was compromised and the tanks were not in pristine shape. I got what I paid for basically. I will have to replace the roof membrane as poor maintenance has taken its toll on mine. It's a cute layout but I ripped out the banquette and the sofa which was really a love seat with a bed, and replaced it with my own version of a sleeper sofa and my plant rack, litter box, and nightstand with a light. I also removed the overhead cabinets over the banquette but left the two over the sofa. I ripped out the entertainment center and the closet and have yet to rebuild what would work for me. The entertainment center again like the kitchen cabinets was just a lot of wasted space because the furnace was below. Again if they would have just put a little thought into it an altered the orientation of the heater, you would have a lot more storage. The clothes closet was just hooks hanging with doors in front of it so you open the doors and you can only hang three coats and not even really shut the door. That didn't work for me. Another thing that's a very big drawback is the wall in the storage space underneath the bedroom is a single wall with the living room on the other side. Since it is not built well, you will feel every draft every breeze and all the moisture coming through the spaces around the ductwork. You could turn on the furnace but it will be blowing the cold air from the storage unit right out with the warm air from the heater. Behind the bed is the curved front of the fifth wheel. It has the worst instance of mold.
- Dawnrose, Pennsylvania

2021-04-26 2021 Jayco Jay Flight 237RBS View Listings

So far this unit has been nothing but trouble. The A/C heater thermostat had a 40 degree variance, meaning it would cool to whatever it wanted, not 72 has place on the thermostat. When the room was like 60 the heater would then kick on, even though it was OFF and set at 50, and would run till it was 80 degrees. Wow! The the A/C would kick back on and this cycle would run for days like this. The dealer finally said the thermostat was defective and gave us one to replace it. Now the fridge is out. All my food went bad and I have to find ice chest to live out of until they can fix this problem. The unit is less than 5 months old and two serious problems. I drove this unit 65 miles to set it up to live in. Without a fridge I can't work without having to finding a hotel to stay until it is repaired. Asked about a new one and they said it would have to be ordered. Great, $$$$$ in return time cost and hotel and food expenses. NEVER, I MEAN NEVER buy a JAYCO. I bought this because it was inexpensive. Looks like you get what you pay for. My Dodge RAM cost this and it's been on the road everyday with nothing but a bath and regular oil changes. If only I could live out of the truck and give this piece of garbage the heave "ho". I'll write more as this progresses. A few more problems and I'll turn this over to my attorney in New Orleans.
- Tom Ashley, Louisiana

2021-04-14 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

I bought a brand new 2019 6 months ago. Beautiful interior. About 3 weeks in the faucet sprayer got stuck and wouldnt switch back I noticed trim strips were missing the strings on the blinds are a nightmare 6 have snapped and had to be re strung and now 6 months later I have a hard short in my 12 volt system. Have been dealing with the warranty dept. since the first issue and still have been unable to get 1 thing repaired. They are not full time rver friendly. Any loop hole not to honor their warranty.
- Bonnie lemmon, Pennsylvania

2021-03-19 2004 Jayco Jay Flight 28FKS View Listings

We bought this 2004 brand new it is now 17 yrs old. We needed a new roof and brought it back to the dealer we bought it from(White Horse Rv Williamstown NJ. This is the only time we have had service. The staff was blown away with the beautiful condition it was in. We were considering a coach but after much review we decided to keep our 2004 and replace the roof. We are 65 yrs old it's the best decision we made after seeing the reviews on newer Rvs and Coaches. The Jayco brand has really declined.
- Rich and Sharon, New Jersey

2021-02-11 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 38BHDS View Listings

NEVER BUYING A JAYCO AGAIN. LEAKS from the beginning when new. The first thing was the shower doors from when it was new leaked on the floor. There wasn't any silicone on the the bottom of the doors fixed my self. Then we noticed water by the slideout after 2 years, discovered it was leaking around the window I silicone it myself. Then water was on the floor in the master. Discovered when you use shower water hits the wall and leaks behind the plastic grommets that holds it together. The fan above the stove stopped working was fixed under warranty a month later stopped working. The worst part when I called customer service the girl told me that in the manual it states the customer is responsible to maintain the camper. 😡 we take very good care of it and now that the warranty is up shit is a problem. The F$$king thing should not be leaking everywhere in the first couple of years. You pay a lot of money for junk. buying it from the dealer was a whole other story. Bottom line they sell them to you and never look back they move on to the next victim.
- Craig, New York

2021-02-07 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28RLS View Listings

Purchased fall of 2019. Purchased with both ac/ heating units.Used through the winter and summer months. Works great in all seasons in Virginia. Towing very well behind a Nissan Titan xd diesel. Interior is spacious. Issues with cabinet doors falling off. I’ve had to add straps to keep the doors closed.
- Andrew Cooper, Virginia

2021-01-30 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

Lots of space. Premium stereo. Private area for children and guests with the bunkhouse. Easy towing. Nice interior colors that are easy to clean. Outdoor kitchen provides lots of extra space for outdoor living.
- Sylvia Genovesi, New Jersey

2020-10-01 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 32RLOK View Listings

Bought my Jayco new, picked up dirty with mouse droppings in the chewed up cabinets, door won’t close, sink leaks, vinyl coming up, breakers keep tripping, heat and air very noisy, cabinet door screws on hinges falling out, noticed outside kitchen wood rotting, chew marks from mice inside the cabinets poor closet lighting, I had bought a 2012 Jayco previously, loved it, but after this 2019 and the run around from the dealership and manufacture, I will never buy a Jayco Jay Flight again! A waste of almost $30K
- Michael Yambrick, Tennessee

2020-09-26 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

The layout of this camper is great. Huge shower and tv/chair set up is perfect as you watch from straight on. Too many splitters make watching satellite tv through the cable input impossible. The refrigerator went out after 8 months and after a month at the the dealer, jayco decided the refrigerator manufacturer is responsible for repairing it. Who knows how long it will be before it’s fixed. A month to decide on who is responsible for a warranty item!!!? Seriously. Can ypu imagine how long Ford or Chevy would last if they kept customers vehicles trying to decide if they or the alternator manufacturer should replace a new alternator?? Jayco is doomed if this is how they handle all warranty issues.
- Jason Brunson, Alabama

2020-09-20 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

We selected the Jayco based on my wifes family past experience (long ago) w/ that brand. Lets just say the Jayco is a piece of junk w/ poor workmanship. We paid $35k for it and were sorry ever since. When we picked it up a lock on the exterior door jammed and the key got stuck on the lot. I went and found someone and the first thing they said that's not under warranty. I responded then give me my money back and take the trailer. Of course the salesman didn't like that; so after an hour they took another lock from another unit and fixed it. That's after I would not accept a lock with a different key. 5 miles into the trip the front weatherstripping came off, had to road fix it. We proceeded to use the trailer multiple times since we camp a lot. Well I will list the things that went wrong: Shower door assembly kept on coming apart, sliding door to front bedroom came off for lack of screws, those screws got caught under the slide and tore the vinyl floor, window at kitchen stuck, window in slide kept on opening during transport (they never fixed this), storage compartment door warped and never fit right even after multiple tries by dealer, had a dent from the factory in the front diamond plate. After owning for 1 year and 8 months the trailer was in for repairs after every trip. We wanted to travel w/ it but were afraid it would fall apart. We ended up selling the trailer in 2020 finally; at the time of sale it had no issues. The biggest punch in the gut was that we lost $10k in depreciation. That sucks. The floor plan was great; it looks nice but what a piece of crap that cost a lot. You would think these manufactures would just slow down a little an actually try to make a better unit. I mean they have to pay the dealer to fix it every-time. What a colossal waste of time for owner and dealer. Our 1991 Salem trailer we had before was great; now we are looking at other trailers to buy used but all of the reviews on them are just as bad as mine. IDK what were are going to get but will do lots of research before.
- Tim, California

2020-09-19 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

New 2019 28BHBE the overall aspect is great. The quality i am very disappointed many things look nice but they are built poorly. First of all to save time they only put calking on the top of doors and windows none around the windows and door small fix but warranty 30 days. Bed is poorly designed masonite finish is just staples loosely and bed broke within 2 months. All these little things that break ar not part of warranty like a car. Her in Canada car dealers provide a 1 year bumper to bumber. Maybe I am wrong and its leisuredays Gatineau that offers poor service. I purchased this July 28th 2020 and many things broke within months.
- Stephane Noreau, Quebec

2020-09-16 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

camper purchased May 2020 have gone camping three times has been back for warranty work four times this is my third time camping and having one issue after the other I'm sick and tired of it problems refrigerator broken dream with the leak going across the floor slide was not going working properly and circuit breaker issues
- scpyle61, Georgia

2020-09-06 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

The floorplan with bunkhouse in this RV is EXCELLENT for family camping. Bad weather days were never a problem - the kids had their own playroom, equipped with their own entertainment center with TV, DVD, and game systems. The sliding door to the bunkhouse keeps the noise level in the rest of the camper excellent for the rest of the family. Plenty of room for everyone. The second exterior entry door is a blessing at the beach, from the pool, or when popping in from the outdoor kitchen.
- Chad, Florida

2020-09-03 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

My Jayco Jay Flight seemed to have a cheaply made interior as there were a lot of cosmetic issues. Also, the 2 year warranty was good until I decided to sell the RV trailer after less than a year. Jayco warranties are non-transferrable. Jayco either stands by their products for 2 years or they don’t. What difference does it make if I own it or a 2nd owner owns it. 2 years is 2 years. If I sold any car with under 3 years and under 36,000 miles...it would still be under warranty. Trash warranty.
- Matthew Marquez, New Mexico

2020-08-20 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

This is my second rv purchase. I’m a full time travel nurse , live in it year round. Buyer beware on the POS Jayco jay flight. The lifetime warranty is not worth the paper it’s written on! I’ve had this rv 5 months. Have replaced all the plumbing at my own expense . 3 days ago , a minor rain shower tore my 3000 dollar awning into a shred of twisted Steele. Due to the fact my awning would not roll in. Company is refusing to pay for it. Stating an act of nature. Yet 50 other rvs in my park are intact. A little spit cloud of rain should never do this. And had my awning functioned properly, I would not have this issue! Buyer beware! Your paying 40 thousand dollars for a piece of junk!
- Jodi Coffin, Alabama

2020-08-19 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 28.5BHBE View Listings

We have owned multiple Jayco trailers and live the brand. No issues with any of the trailers we have owned. The 28BHBE is great for a family as it has considerable kick g space plus the ability to sleep 6 very comfortably. Good size fridge and great heat and it AC based on season. Very good sound proofing as well.
- Scott , New York

2020-08-10 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 31MLS View Listings

I am extremely dissappointed with this travel trailer. It was delivered to our permanent site early June. July we have leaks all along the slide out, the rain coming through is a rust color, so it was obviously leaking before we purchased it. and in the pantry cupboard. The carpet is starting to smell musty. screws in the shower are already rusted within 2 months, leak under the bathroom sink. Spending $45000 and it's a piece of crap. I feel the trailer should be replaced. I wish I could attached the video I took of how much it's leaking. I wouldn't recommend buying Jayco, save your money or keep looking for another brand.
- Lisa , Ontario

2020-07-15 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

Love everything about this RV. Very easy to pull. Lots of storage. Not to mention it’s pretty. However when we received it gas to refrigerator didn’t work and doors stuck. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
- Linda B, Iowa

2020-07-14 2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS View Listings

Our rear living with slide offers comfortable seating in two reclining rockers adjacent to a fold out couch. The dining table will sit 6 people when using the slide- out seats. The rear seat serves as a large storage bin which can roll-out for convenient loading. The kitchen added extension to the counter top. Three drawers allow for storage for kitchen utensils. A radio/CD player has both inside and outside speakers. The bedroom features a queen size bed (storage underneath) two hanging closets and three storage cabinets. The bathroom features a soaking bathtub w/shower, a vanity sink and medicine cabinet. Easily towed on all types of roads using the Equalizer 4 point weight distribution @ sway control 1200 lg hitch (included in price). This Jayco model was designed to be towed by half ton pickup trucks.
- dmakowiecki44, North Carolina

2020-07-03 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

I bought this in April 2019. It was very hard to tow, had to put air bags in the springs. It is near impossible to make the bed because the cabinets come out too far and are in the way. The table is horrible, guaranteed to cut up your legs getting around it. Had to use pieces of swimming noodle to cover parts to prevent this issue. I love the refrigerator though! Very roomy! Even though I had to have the door latch repaired twice! The electric awning is difficult to get any king of a slope to it. the pins to allow the slope need to be removed to slope instead of just pushing on them, then getting them back in is a big job. Also impossible to clean since it is so high off the ground, need a ladder and an extra person. I wish the engineer who designed this trailer had to live in it for a year before they put it on the market. This is definitely a DO NOT BUY!!! Would love to sell it!!
- Leonard Cox, Michigan

2020-06-10 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

Reliable,spacious,more for the money, great reputation and good looking Travel Trailer.All of the qualities one would expect with a Travel Trailer.There are RV's then there is Jayco. I know you will enjoy being a proud owner of this Rv.
- Lawrence Anderson, Florida

2020-06-07 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

My RV is just over a year old biggest price of crap I’ve ever wasted money on. Within 30 days had massive leaks on a slide out where the rubber gasket didn’t even touch the slide roof. Grey water tank fell out on the ground. All the LED lights have now been replaced. The black water tank sensors don’t work, the AC thermostat had failed, and now the hot water tank had a break in the weld and flooded the RV. The dealer we purchased this junk from has only responded once and made things worse. I have emailed Jayco directly and ignored. Customer service is non responsive and they just don’t care. They said they can’t make the dealer respond. What a joke! Do not buy from Jayco! Then I learn that RV’s are exempt from lemon laws! I’m still hiring a lawyer to see what if any rights I have.
- Scott Dennis, Florida