Jayco Jay Flight

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randal Petska Jr from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS View Listings

Just bought this 2 months ago....it's a cheap pile of junk. Toilet seal was put together crooked,just had a couple cabinet doors fall off the hinges/screws stripped out,bathroom door handle fell off,cabinet door latches don't even line up,bedroom door doesn't shut properly. These are the problems we have come across in 2 months....I'm sure there will be more. Very,very disappointed in the quality of work that was put into this camper.
- Randal Petska Jr , Wisconsin

2021-09-17 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

Jayco is a terrible produce with extremely brutal customer service. We bought a brand new travel trailer. We have had so many issues, lights, furnace, thermostat, slide out and even recalls. We continually have to bring the unit into the dealership for repairs. We have spent thousands of dollars and time just to get the unit to the dealership for repair. Of course, this means we do no trailer to use for weeks on end. Do yourself a favour and do not by a jayco product.
- Rob Duncan, Manitoba

2021-09-16 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 29RKS View Listings

We traded our Rockwood Roo hybrid in on the Jayco Jayflight 29RKS, at Camping World, Springfield, Mo., early this year. Have used the Jayflight multiple times since, and are very pleased with it. I have installed an electric fireplace in the base of the stereo cabinet, and it really finished off the living area, as well as cutting propane use way down. The trailer tows much better than the Roo ever did, we get about the same gas mileage towing with our 2018 Tundra, and the Jayco fits our needs perfectly. Yes, there are knit-picky little things I have "customized", but overall, we are way more pleased with this trailer than the Roo, and we liked the Roo a lot! We did have one of the two air conditioners act up, but, fortunately, we have the Camping World warranty, so the repair guy came out and replaced it within a couple of hours at no cost to us. Bottom line - we very are happy with our decision, and we look forward to a lot more opportunities to hit-the-road!
- Rich Viets, Missouri

2021-09-08 2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS View Listings

I love this RV! I only gave two stars for warranty due to the fact that warranty is expired but it's easy to get serviced just about anywhere. It's built extremely well and just love the floor plan which includes a huge rear window for backing right up to an amazing view! It's easily towable and I'm sad I need to let it go.
- Troy Smith, California

2021-08-25 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 31QBDS View Listings

This is a perfect layout for large family. Separate bunkhouse (4 bunks) for kiddos with large TV and privacy sliding door. Our grandkids have loved it from first trip. Large living area, nice kitchen and pantry, large slideout. Separate master bedroom is a must! Next to bathroom with slideout and privacy door. And outdoor kitchen is so convenient. Only reason we are selling is because grandkids have grown up and my husband and I will be traveling on our own so downsizing to a small motorhome. Would highly recommend Jayco brand over some others we've looked at as the quality is better.
- Dee Flurer, Utah

2021-08-24 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 145RB View Listings

Having a small trailer 16.5 feet for my first towing experience was great. Loved this little trailer. A bit small for two adults sleeping (my hubby is 6’1” and large). The curved bulkhead bed arrangement made it hard for second person to roll over. Great bed for one person, though. AC and heater were great.
- Clair Bradshaw, California

2021-08-06 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

After 10 months it has so many issues. Then to top it off a fire through the roof caused by faulty construction and refrigerator. Now sitting at dealership for 3 months while jayco passes the blame Our insurance company hired a fire Marshall. Determined it was a warranty issue. So here we are 3 months and nothing has been done. Jayco is a terrible company in our dealing. And the Rv dealership in Temecula is worse
- David clark, California

2021-07-31 2013 Jayco Jay Flight 33BHTS View Listings

Reliable, solidly built, very comfortable, can live in it due to all the living/walking space, storage space, and built-in conveniences. We bought it because wanted separate bedrooms in order to convert 2nd bedroom to a private home office which would still allow office to be used as a guest room when needed. We had absolutely no mechanical issues with this trailer and very happy with it. My wife loved the large sized kitchen, large fridge with separate freezer and the 3 burner stove with oven with plenty of countertop for cooking. She said it was like a kitchen at home! She also loved the outdoor kitchen to cook outside which also has space and electric to add a 2nd mini fridge! She also loved that the bathroom was attached to our master bedroom to make the night-time trips to toilet easy. Yet, the bathroom had a second door allowing access from rest of trailer too so you would not have to go through our bedroom to get to the bathroom. We are both neat-freaks and were very happy to have an outdoor shower to wash ourselves off (like sand or dirt from our day's adventures) and other personal items before tracking the dirt into the trailer. We set up an outdoor shower tent at the RV's outdoor shower to make it possible to even shower completely with privacy before going inside trailer! If we had a dog, the outside shower would have been perfect to keep the dog clean too. The awning is huge! Side panels could easily be added, attached and removable to give privacy and protection from insects giving tons of space under the awning to enjoy the outdoors. I really enjoyed the convenience of the hitch and jacks all being electric and automatically levelling. Cut my camp set-up time to almost effortless!
- Joseph Sites, Ohio

2021-07-23 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

This was our first "camper" experience, and it had previously had one owner who was looking to upgrade. I'm not a camping expert, but this has been a perfect "starter" for us. We thought we needed the bunkhouse floor plan, but since there is only the two of us, we now are looking for something without a bunkhouse to have more living space. Our model has only one small slide...basically for the pull out couch/futon, but for me as a beginner, this was good. I think this camper would be great for a young family, and we have been very pleased with the craftsmanship. So we will be looking soon to upgrade, but I hope our next camper is the quality of this unit.
- Jay Bizarri, Illinois

2021-07-03 2021 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

I wanted a quality bunkhouse that had an outdoor kitchen, huge shower, U-shaped dinette, and a couch. This model for the bill. I have had this unit for about six months now and have used it extensively in that time. This was not my first travel trailer so I was pretty particular on what I wanted. It’s long enough to fit my family yet short enough to fit in county and state parks. I love the interior and exterior colors. A few things I don’t like…1) in road mode, you cannot walk from the master bedroom into the camper (with the super slide in, it blocks off the door into the main cabin/bathroom. The trailer does have two doors, so you have to go outside and then back in to reach the bathroom. So if you pull over somewhere to sleep and you can’t open your slide, just remember that. 2) I don’t like how there is still carpet in the slide. It’s not necessary and other models have already done away with the carpet. 3) It’s a 50 amp trailer but it only came with 1 1,500 btu air conditioner. In the master bedroom, there isn’t even a vent to upgrade it with another air conditioner - so if I want to add an additional air conditioner, they would have to cut into the roof. Why make it 50 amp if there is only 1 air conditioner? Seems silly. 4) The outside kitchen refrigerator runs on 110 electricity. I know most outside refrigerators are like this but why? They run gas lines under the trailer to hook up to the outside cooking unit, it would be easy to change this option. I personally added a bumper attached swing out 17” Blackstone griddle and it is amazing to coincide with the two burner outside stovetop. This made the kitchen awesome. 5) When the outside kitchen pulls out, it sits at an elevated level. My wife is shorter, so she has to reach up to use it. I built a podium for her to stand on so she is more comfortable using the outside kitchen. The height of the outside kitchen is done for me. Overall I love the trailer and I haven’t experienced any major problems. I would definitely buy it again.
- Shawn, California

2021-06-24 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

worked well........................6666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr9999999999999999999999999999999999oioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
- dan demmons, Maine

2021-06-09 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

I will never buy another Jayco. Piece of junk. Too many repairs to mention. Mostly repetative furnace problems electrical issues and screws missing or loose on slides. It looks nice but is poorly built. Poor quality. Poor warranty service performance. I should have bought another puma. This was the worst purchase I have ever made. I am a lifetime camper and this experience has turned my stomach.
- Henry, Missouri

2021-06-03 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 29BHS View Listings

This is the worst camper I have ever owned. I've been in it twice and it's been in the shop twice. First time my shower leaked all outside because drain was broken from manufacturer, then when they tried to fix it, they found jayco put the access panel on wrong end and had to make a new one. The outside kitchen leaked all inside the trailer because they didn't put a simple swivel house so everytime you pull out and push in the house couldn't move with it. They finally fixed it then next trip a big bolt came through the floor right in the middle of the floor and the hot water heater broke. This is just 2 times out!!!! If I used it more, I'm positive something else would break. Seriously, DO NOT BUY JAYCO! Thor bought it out a few years ago, quality went straight down!
- David Pinkard, Texas

2021-05-29 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27.5RKS View Listings

I bought this fifth wheel used in 2020. At 13 years old, it wasn't in too bad a shape or so I thought. Aside from the misuse and damage from the previous owner, I can say this is a cute little camper that would be a great three season travel home. Unfortunately if you use the microwave you have to shut any other major appliance (AC, electric heater, toaster, etc). If you were using an electric heater and attempt to also use the microwave or a blow dryer, the circuit will trip. When you go to flip it you'll be shocked at how hot it feels. The water heater on this one was neglected beyond repair so I have to replace it. The little sink in the kitchen is a double sink but should be just one decent size sink. It's very difficult to wash dishes pots and pans in this stupid thing. The oven is very small and will not fit most pants, however, it does work pretty well as do the three burners. The fan overhead is very loud, as is the single AC unit which works better when the weather is cooler. The furnace is okay as long as all of the ductwork is in perfect shape. The bedroom is frustratingly small but again if you don't live in this full time then this would work out great. There's a lot of wasted space. If the people who built them put an ounce of thought into it, you'd be able to fit pots, pans and things under the sink and in the bottom kitchen cabinets. Under the oven is a cabinet for just the water pump. The back corner of the countertop between the fridge and the back wall is all wasted space underneath because whoever installed the PEX and the hot water heater must have just been piecing little pieces together. The plumbing is unprofessional at best. The bathroom sink is so tiny, a word of advice is to always have a towel on the floor and on the countertop in front of you when you're brushing your teeth or washing your hands. Don't expect to do more in that tiny sink. If you attempt to use this camper when it's cold out requiring you to put the heat on inside, make sure you have the bathroom and the stove vents on to keep the mold to a minimum. Yes mold is very common in these campers and this one especially. The lighting is antiquated and way too big for where it is. Over the sofa and the banquet are these residential size ceiling lights. try and sit down and stand up without hitting your head on them. the windows are huge which is what I fell in love with but they're only single pane and will look like someone was spraying water on the inside. It's a nightmare to try and keep up with the moisture. Buy stock in dry gel. There is very little storage at all. I'm comparing this to other newer fifth wheels that have multiple storage compartments on the bottom. This only has one pass through storage compartment that can also be accessed from right underneath the overhang. The drawback with that is the propane tanks are housed in a metal box right underneath the bed. The cold air comes right up through those storage areas and makes it really uncomfortable in cold weather. I also don't understand why they ran one of the propane hoses outside the front of the RV rather than through the inside. The door is poor design, there is no storage in the bathroom and the tub is very tiny but it works as long as you replace the hose and shower head with a real handheld shower head. This unit I purchased already was compromised and the tanks were not in pristine shape. I got what I paid for basically. I will have to replace the roof membrane as poor maintenance has taken its toll on mine. It's a cute layout but I ripped out the banquette and the sofa which was really a love seat with a bed, and replaced it with my own version of a sleeper sofa and my plant rack, litter box, and nightstand with a light. I also removed the overhead cabinets over the banquette but left the two over the sofa. I ripped out the entertainment center and the closet and have yet to rebuild what would work for me. The entertainment center again like the kitchen cabinets was just a lot of wasted space because the furnace was below. Again if they would have just put a little thought into it an altered the orientation of the heater, you would have a lot more storage. The clothes closet was just hooks hanging with doors in front of it so you open the doors and you can only hang three coats and not even really shut the door. That didn't work for me. Another thing that's a very big drawback is the wall in the storage space underneath the bedroom is a single wall with the living room on the other side. Since it is not built well, you will feel every draft every breeze and all the moisture coming through the spaces around the ductwork. You could turn on the furnace but it will be blowing the cold air from the storage unit right out with the warm air from the heater. Behind the bed is the curved front of the fifth wheel. It has the worst instance of mold.
- Dawnrose, Pennsylvania

2021-04-26 2021 Jayco Jay Flight 237RBS View Listings

So far this unit has been nothing but trouble. The A/C heater thermostat had a 40 degree variance, meaning it would cool to whatever it wanted, not 72 has place on the thermostat. When the room was like 60 the heater would then kick on, even though it was OFF and set at 50, and would run till it was 80 degrees. Wow! The the A/C would kick back on and this cycle would run for days like this. The dealer finally said the thermostat was defective and gave us one to replace it. Now the fridge is out. All my food went bad and I have to find ice chest to live out of until they can fix this problem. The unit is less than 5 months old and two serious problems. I drove this unit 65 miles to set it up to live in. Without a fridge I can't work without having to finding a hotel to stay until it is repaired. Asked about a new one and they said it would have to be ordered. Great, $$$$$ in return time cost and hotel and food expenses. NEVER, I MEAN NEVER buy a JAYCO. I bought this because it was inexpensive. Looks like you get what you pay for. My Dodge RAM cost this and it's been on the road everyday with nothing but a bath and regular oil changes. If only I could live out of the truck and give this piece of garbage the heave "ho". I'll write more as this progresses. A few more problems and I'll turn this over to my attorney in New Orleans.
- Tom Ashley, Louisiana

2021-04-14 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

I bought a brand new 2019 6 months ago. Beautiful interior. About 3 weeks in the faucet sprayer got stuck and wouldnt switch back I noticed trim strips were missing the strings on the blinds are a nightmare 6 have snapped and had to be re strung and now 6 months later I have a hard short in my 12 volt system. Have been dealing with the warranty dept. since the first issue and still have been unable to get 1 thing repaired. They are not full time rver friendly. Any loop hole not to honor their warranty.
- Bonnie lemmon, Pennsylvania

2021-03-19 2004 Jayco Jay Flight 28FKS View Listings

We bought this 2004 brand new it is now 17 yrs old. We needed a new roof and brought it back to the dealer we bought it from(White Horse Rv Williamstown NJ. This is the only time we have had service. The staff was blown away with the beautiful condition it was in. We were considering a coach but after much review we decided to keep our 2004 and replace the roof. We are 65 yrs old it's the best decision we made after seeing the reviews on newer Rvs and Coaches. The Jayco brand has really declined.
- Rich and Sharon, New Jersey

2021-02-11 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 38BHDS View Listings

NEVER BUYING A JAYCO AGAIN. LEAKS from the beginning when new. The first thing was the shower doors from when it was new leaked on the floor. There wasn't any silicone on the the bottom of the doors fixed my self. Then we noticed water by the slideout after 2 years, discovered it was leaking around the window I silicone it myself. Then water was on the floor in the master. Discovered when you use shower water hits the wall and leaks behind the plastic grommets that holds it together. The fan above the stove stopped working was fixed under warranty a month later stopped working. The worst part when I called customer service the girl told me that in the manual it states the customer is responsible to maintain the camper. 😡 we take very good care of it and now that the warranty is up shit is a problem. The F$$king thing should not be leaking everywhere in the first couple of years. You pay a lot of money for junk. buying it from the dealer was a whole other story. Bottom line they sell them to you and never look back they move on to the next victim.
- Craig, New York

2021-02-07 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28RLS View Listings

Purchased fall of 2019. Purchased with both ac/ heating units.Used through the winter and summer months. Works great in all seasons in Virginia. Towing very well behind a Nissan Titan xd diesel. Interior is spacious. Issues with cabinet doors falling off. I’ve had to add straps to keep the doors closed.
- Andrew Cooper, Virginia

2021-01-30 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

Lots of space. Premium stereo. Private area for children and guests with the bunkhouse. Easy towing. Nice interior colors that are easy to clean. Outdoor kitchen provides lots of extra space for outdoor living.
- Sylvia Genovesi, New Jersey

2020-10-01 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 32RLOK View Listings

Bought my Jayco new, picked up dirty with mouse droppings in the chewed up cabinets, door won’t close, sink leaks, vinyl coming up, breakers keep tripping, heat and air very noisy, cabinet door screws on hinges falling out, noticed outside kitchen wood rotting, chew marks from mice inside the cabinets poor closet lighting, I had bought a 2012 Jayco previously, loved it, but after this 2019 and the run around from the dealership and manufacture, I will never buy a Jayco Jay Flight again! A waste of almost $30K
- Michael Yambrick, Tennessee

2020-09-26 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

The layout of this camper is great. Huge shower and tv/chair set up is perfect as you watch from straight on. Too many splitters make watching satellite tv through the cable input impossible. The refrigerator went out after 8 months and after a month at the the dealer, jayco decided the refrigerator manufacturer is responsible for repairing it. Who knows how long it will be before it’s fixed. A month to decide on who is responsible for a warranty item!!!? Seriously. Can ypu imagine how long Ford or Chevy would last if they kept customers vehicles trying to decide if they or the alternator manufacturer should replace a new alternator?? Jayco is doomed if this is how they handle all warranty issues.
- Jason Brunson, Alabama

2020-09-20 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

We selected the Jayco based on my wifes family past experience (long ago) w/ that brand. Lets just say the Jayco is a piece of junk w/ poor workmanship. We paid $35k for it and were sorry ever since. When we picked it up a lock on the exterior door jammed and the key got stuck on the lot. I went and found someone and the first thing they said that's not under warranty. I responded then give me my money back and take the trailer. Of course the salesman didn't like that; so after an hour they took another lock from another unit and fixed it. That's after I would not accept a lock with a different key. 5 miles into the trip the front weatherstripping came off, had to road fix it. We proceeded to use the trailer multiple times since we camp a lot. Well I will list the things that went wrong: Shower door assembly kept on coming apart, sliding door to front bedroom came off for lack of screws, those screws got caught under the slide and tore the vinyl floor, window at kitchen stuck, window in slide kept on opening during transport (they never fixed this), storage compartment door warped and never fit right even after multiple tries by dealer, had a dent from the factory in the front diamond plate. After owning for 1 year and 8 months the trailer was in for repairs after every trip. We wanted to travel w/ it but were afraid it would fall apart. We ended up selling the trailer in 2020 finally; at the time of sale it had no issues. The biggest punch in the gut was that we lost $10k in depreciation. That sucks. The floor plan was great; it looks nice but what a piece of crap that cost a lot. You would think these manufactures would just slow down a little an actually try to make a better unit. I mean they have to pay the dealer to fix it every-time. What a colossal waste of time for owner and dealer. Our 1991 Salem trailer we had before was great; now we are looking at other trailers to buy used but all of the reviews on them are just as bad as mine. IDK what were are going to get but will do lots of research before.
- Tim, California

2020-09-19 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

New 2019 28BHBE the overall aspect is great. The quality i am very disappointed many things look nice but they are built poorly. First of all to save time they only put calking on the top of doors and windows none around the windows and door small fix but warranty 30 days. Bed is poorly designed masonite finish is just staples loosely and bed broke within 2 months. All these little things that break ar not part of warranty like a car. Her in Canada car dealers provide a 1 year bumper to bumber. Maybe I am wrong and its leisuredays Gatineau that offers poor service. I purchased this July 28th 2020 and many things broke within months.
- Stephane Noreau, Quebec

2020-09-16 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

camper purchased May 2020 have gone camping three times has been back for warranty work four times this is my third time camping and having one issue after the other I'm sick and tired of it problems refrigerator broken dream with the leak going across the floor slide was not going working properly and circuit breaker issues
- scpyle61, Georgia