Jayco Jay Flight Reviews on RV Insider (102)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Flight RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Randal Petska Jr from Wisconsin says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS View Listings

Just bought this 2 months ago....it's a cheap pile of junk. Toilet seal was put together crooked,just had a couple cabinet doors fall off the hinges/screws stripped out,bathroom door handle fell off,cabinet door latches don't even line up,bedroom door doesn't shut properly. These are the problems we have come across in 2 months....I'm sure there will be more. Very,very disappointed in the quality of work that was put into this camper.
- Randal Petska Jr , Wisconsin

2020-09-20 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS View Listings

We selected the Jayco based on my wifes family past experience (long ago) w/ that brand. Lets just say the Jayco is a piece of junk w/ poor workmanship. We paid $35k for it and were sorry ever since. When we picked it up a lock on the exterior door jammed and the key got stuck on the lot. I went and found someone and the first thing they said that's not under warranty. I responded then give me my money back and take the trailer. Of course the salesman didn't like that; so after an hour they took another lock from another unit and fixed it. That's after I would not accept a lock with a different key. 5 miles into the trip the front weatherstripping came off, had to road fix it. We proceeded to use the trailer multiple times since we camp a lot. Well I will list the things that went wrong: Shower door assembly kept on coming apart, sliding door to front bedroom came off for lack of screws, those screws got caught under the slide and tore the vinyl floor, window at kitchen stuck, window in slide kept on opening during transport (they never fixed this), storage compartment door warped and never fit right even after multiple tries by dealer, had a dent from the factory in the front diamond plate. After owning for 1 year and 8 months the trailer was in for repairs after every trip. We wanted to travel w/ it but were afraid it would fall apart. We ended up selling the trailer in 2020 finally; at the time of sale it had no issues. The biggest punch in the gut was that we lost $10k in depreciation. That sucks. The floor plan was great; it looks nice but what a piece of crap that cost a lot. You would think these manufactures would just slow down a little an actually try to make a better unit. I mean they have to pay the dealer to fix it every-time. What a colossal waste of time for owner and dealer. Our 1991 Salem trailer we had before was great; now we are looking at other trailers to buy used but all of the reviews on them are just as bad as mine. IDK what were are going to get but will do lots of research before.
- Tim, California

2020-09-19 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

New 2019 28BHBE the overall aspect is great. The quality i am very disappointed many things look nice but they are built poorly. First of all to save time they only put calking on the top of doors and windows none around the windows and door small fix but warranty 30 days. Bed is poorly designed masonite finish is just staples loosely and bed broke within 2 months. All these little things that break ar not part of warranty like a car. Her in Canada car dealers provide a 1 year bumper to bumber. Maybe I am wrong and its leisuredays Gatineau that offers poor service. I purchased this July 28th 2020 and many things broke within months.
- Stephane Noreau, Quebec

2020-09-16 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

camper purchased May 2020 have gone camping three times has been back for warranty work four times this is my third time camping and having one issue after the other I'm sick and tired of it problems refrigerator broken dream with the leak going across the floor slide was not going working properly and circuit breaker issues
- scpyle61@gmail.com, Georgia

2020-09-06 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

The floorplan with bunkhouse in this RV is EXCELLENT for family camping. Bad weather days were never a problem - the kids had their own playroom, equipped with their own entertainment center with TV, DVD, and game systems. The sliding door to the bunkhouse keeps the noise level in the rest of the camper excellent for the rest of the family. Plenty of room for everyone. The second exterior entry door is a blessing at the beach, from the pool, or when popping in from the outdoor kitchen.
- Chad, Florida

2020-09-03 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE View Listings

My Jayco Jay Flight seemed to have a cheaply made interior as there were a lot of cosmetic issues. Also, the 2 year warranty was good until I decided to sell the RV trailer after less than a year. Jayco warranties are non-transferrable. Jayco either stands by their products for 2 years or they don’t. What difference does it make if I own it or a 2nd owner owns it. 2 years is 2 years. If I sold any car with under 3 years and under 36,000 miles...it would still be under warranty. Trash warranty.
- Matthew Marquez, New Mexico

2020-08-20 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

This is my second rv purchase. I’m a full time travel nurse , live in it year round. Buyer beware on the POS Jayco jay flight. The lifetime warranty is not worth the paper it’s written on! I’ve had this rv 5 months. Have replaced all the plumbing at my own expense . 3 days ago , a minor rain shower tore my 3000 dollar awning into a shred of twisted Steele. Due to the fact my awning would not roll in. Company is refusing to pay for it. Stating an act of nature. Yet 50 other rvs in my park are intact. A little spit cloud of rain should never do this. And had my awning functioned properly, I would not have this issue! Buyer beware! Your paying 40 thousand dollars for a piece of junk!
- Jodi Coffin, Alabama

2020-08-19 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 28.5BHBE View Listings

We have owned multiple Jayco trailers and live the brand. No issues with any of the trailers we have owned. The 28BHBE is great for a family as it has considerable kick g space plus the ability to sleep 6 very comfortably. Good size fridge and great heat and it AC based on season. Very good sound proofing as well.
- Scott , New York

2020-08-10 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 31MLS View Listings

I am extremely dissappointed with this travel trailer. It was delivered to our permanent site early June. July we have leaks all along the slide out, the rain coming through is a rust color, so it was obviously leaking before we purchased it. and in the pantry cupboard. The carpet is starting to smell musty. screws in the shower are already rusted within 2 months, leak under the bathroom sink. Spending $45000 and it's a piece of crap. I feel the trailer should be replaced. I wish I could attached the video I took of how much it's leaking. I wouldn't recommend buying Jayco, save your money or keep looking for another brand.
- Lisa , Ontario

2020-07-15 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

Love everything about this RV. Very easy to pull. Lots of storage. Not to mention it’s pretty. However when we received it gas to refrigerator didn’t work and doors stuck. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
- Linda B, Iowa

2020-07-14 2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS View Listings

Our rear living with slide offers comfortable seating in two reclining rockers adjacent to a fold out couch. The dining table will sit 6 people when using the slide- out seats. The rear seat serves as a large storage bin which can roll-out for convenient loading. The kitchen added extension to the counter top. Three drawers allow for storage for kitchen utensils. A radio/CD player has both inside and outside speakers. The bedroom features a queen size bed (storage underneath) two hanging closets and three storage cabinets. The bathroom features a soaking bathtub w/shower, a vanity sink and medicine cabinet. Easily towed on all types of roads using the Equalizer 4 point weight distribution @ sway control 1200 lg hitch (included in price). This Jayco model was designed to be towed by half ton pickup trucks.
- dmakowiecki44, North Carolina

2020-07-03 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

I bought this in April 2019. It was very hard to tow, had to put air bags in the springs. It is near impossible to make the bed because the cabinets come out too far and are in the way. The table is horrible, guaranteed to cut up your legs getting around it. Had to use pieces of swimming noodle to cover parts to prevent this issue. I love the refrigerator though! Very roomy! Even though I had to have the door latch repaired twice! The electric awning is difficult to get any king of a slope to it. the pins to allow the slope need to be removed to slope instead of just pushing on them, then getting them back in is a big job. Also impossible to clean since it is so high off the ground, need a ladder and an extra person. I wish the engineer who designed this trailer had to live in it for a year before they put it on the market. This is definitely a DO NOT BUY!!! Would love to sell it!!
- Leonard Cox, Michigan

2020-06-10 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

Reliable,spacious,more for the money, great reputation and good looking Travel Trailer.All of the qualities one would expect with a Travel Trailer.There are RV's then there is Jayco. I know you will enjoy being a proud owner of this Rv.
- Lawrence Anderson, Florida

2020-06-07 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 34RSBS View Listings

My RV is just over a year old biggest price of crap I’ve ever wasted money on. Within 30 days had massive leaks on a slide out where the rubber gasket didn’t even touch the slide roof. Grey water tank fell out on the ground. All the LED lights have now been replaced. The black water tank sensors don’t work, the AC thermostat had failed, and now the hot water tank had a break in the weld and flooded the RV. The dealer we purchased this junk from has only responded once and made things worse. I have emailed Jayco directly and ignored. Customer service is non responsive and they just don’t care. They said they can’t make the dealer respond. What a joke! Do not buy from Jayco! Then I learn that RV’s are exempt from lemon laws! I’m still hiring a lawyer to see what if any rights I have.
- Scott Dennis, Florida

2020-06-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 28RLS View Listings

I bought this trailer new last year. Main entrance door did not align, cabinets did not latch shut. Faucet connections were not tight. There were gaps in the bedroom closets. The bed is poorly supported. Now the Dometic air conditioner just broke. This is the biggest piece of garbage I ever bought. I thought the 2 year warranty would handle any issues I had, but my dealer can’t fix my A/C for 3 months so now I have to pay $1100 to have someone else fix it and hope I can recoup something from Jayco. Do yourself a favor and spend more and buy a better made trailer.
- Henry Donehoo, Ohio

2020-05-21 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

The Jayco 32BHDS frame is great! All the cupboards and drawers are quality care. The mattress just like other trailers is very firm! We ended purchasing a memory foam mattress. It can sleep up to 10. The bunkhouse/ outdoor kitchen are a plus!
- Angie and Johnny Sills, Oregon

2020-04-22 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS View Listings

I bought my 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS from Hilltop RV in Fridley, MN. I also bought an extended warranty for extra assurance. There were a couple of small things that have gone wrong with it in the 2 years I've owned it but nothing major (shade was missing from the sunlight, bench seat cracked, table started peeling at the seam, and the closet rod fell down which was probably my fault for hanging up too many clothes). Hilltop RV stood by their product and fixed absolutely everything at no cost to me. Things sometimes happen and I get that. As long as they fix it, I'm cool. I absolutely LOVE the outdoor 'kitchen' which we use as a bar, LOL. The kids (3 teenagers) LOVE their bunkroom! They have their own TV, room to hangout, play games, watch movies and the door allows me not to see their mess, LOL. The ONLY thing I'm not a fan of is the A/C unit is fairly loud. I've read some not-so-nice reviews about this camper and think it's mostly about their dealer and not the actual camper. So choose your dealer wisely. Also, remember that these campers cannot be built with high quality products because with that comes weight. If you buy a Jay Flight, one of the selling points is that it's light-weight and you won't need a 2500 (or bigger) truck to pull it. And to put things into perspective, what I paid for my 2017 truck was 3 x's what I paid for my 2018 travel trailer. And I'm not living in my truck and only live in my trailer on the weekends, 5 months out of the year (remember, I live in the frozen tundra called Minnesota). Enough said. Overall, I love my camper and it's mine and my family's happy place. I would highly recommend Jayco and also Hilltop RV! Happy Glamping! :)
- Tammy, Minnesota

2020-03-28 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 195RB Baja View Listings

With in hours of leaving the dealership and a city away I found out that I was not able to turn any of my 12v lighting on. Everything work earlier but not now. Next day went to the dealership, turns out it was a missing reverse polarity fuse. In addition to the fuse the fuse holder was all bent to hell and had to be reformed. Within my first week the shelving above the queen bed broke losse and I had to put screws through it. Trailer didn't even come with proper LP bracket or storage, which in turn lead to the thin angle iron they used was shearing away and expected me to secure it with a pice of all-thread running through the angle and the LP tank on the bottom. The dinnet next was to fall apart along with the closet door frame ripping from the wall. The toilet wasn't properly set and sealed leading to water damage along with a poor choice of kitchen faucet making it difficult to fill anything or even to do dishes. All led lighting interior but two left a black scorching on the ceiling and shortly after broke completely. I was always burning LP quickly due to a lack of insulation it later turned out when I decided to remove on of the wall panels. They either didn't put any insulation in one fire break or just half assed it by leaving three inches and sometimes five inches of empty space all around with minimal batting. They used to heavy of wood for the counters, table, armrest for the bed, and even heavier for the doors. Jayco couldn't even make a pricise hole for the pipes. The trailer looked nice to start off especially for a newby. But I wouldn't recommend Jayco to anybody with extreme prejudiced. F.Y.I all this within the first two years. They say #1top selling. Selling what, a bunch of CRAPPY Amish built bulls**t. Buy American made but not Amish, they just don't make the mark.
- baha-80, California

2020-03-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS Elite View Listings

Baught new in 2016. I do both seasonal camping (4 months per year) and tow the trailer a few times every summer as well. I tow with a 2016 F150 2.7engine and its a good fit with my truck. Travelled 2500km last summer trip with no issues. I gave a 4 for quality for the following two reasons: dinette back rest loosening up after a few summer and I fixed it myself with 2 bolts drilled on the frame to solidify it, outside kitchen was 1/2 inch camco hoses clamp to Pex?? so I also fixed that with proper fitting. Also baught a foam mattress for comfort. The rest has been working perfect so far. We plan to keep it for more years.
- Gino, New Brunswick

2020-02-26 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB View Listings

Great trailer. Solid the whole five years we've owned it. Easy to tow as it's lighter weight. It has a newer appearance inside the trailer with cream and light brown color hues. The wraparound dining table has been really nice for four to six people. The memory foam queen bed is very comfortable and it's really convenient for the kids to be able to bring friends because there are full size bunks. The couch has the ability to lay down into a bed or be used as a couch which has been nice when watching movies with the family.
- Kari, Washington

2020-01-26 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB View Listings

Great floor plan. Easy tow with our 2015 Durango with factory tow and hemi. The numerous upgrades over the 212QBW were worth the small price difference. I had to repair/replace plumbing, window coverings, tv coax connections. We were traveling so any dealer support was not happening. Great Rv for the price, have owned rv’s for 30 yrs.
- Steve Swenson, Missouri

2019-11-10 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLDS View Listings

After much research I decided my first RV would be a Jayco Jay Flight 29RLDS. My wife and I have camped in scorching heat and freezing temperatures. Our Jayco hasn't let us down yet. I highly recommend this well built camper equipped with the thermal package. We made the correct decision when purchasing our RV.
- jeff899501, North Carolina

2019-10-17 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29RLS View Listings

This Trailer is our third RV. I can not begin to describe how shoddy the workmanship is. Every water connection leaked. I have had to replace all of them. They still leak under the sink. The settee came apart and had to be repaired. The belly pan came undone and was dragging on the ground as we were driving down the interstate. The overhead cabinet doors have come loose. The bottoms of the cloths closets have totally come loose. the main burner on the stove has come off and I had to re-seat it with JB weld. The trim around the windows have come loose. Perhaps if one traveled with a technician or camped at a dealership... but in the real world NEVER AGAIN!
- John Cyr, Missouri

2019-10-03 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS View Listings

We had a JayFlight 22FB, a 2012 model, and liked it. Then we bought a 2018 model 22 RBS. This one has been a nightmare and in and out of the shop since we've had it. The workmanship has gone from bad to horrible. Everywhere you look flaws appear. We have had to replace the AC unit, replace both the entry door and screen door, replace the kitchen faucet fixture, replace the LED outside light, rewire the power tongue jack and fix leaks in the plumbing. And then there was the large, hex-headed BOLT that erupted up out of the kitchen floor on one trip. They "repaired" it by placing a much smaller gauge Phillips-head SCREW in the hole and melting the old linoleum over it to cover the hole. When we took it back they put another screw in, but did a better job of hiding the damage. Haven't taken it out since this last visit, so don't know if it will hold this time. They have destroyed what faith I once had in them and I would advise anyone thinking of purchasing one of their products to look it over VERY carefully and assume nothing. You'll be glad you did.
- Rip Riley, Oklahoma

2019-09-18 2019 Jayco Jay Flight 38FDDS View Listings

I bought this RV as a recently divorced woman. Was in it no more than a month. The shower walls popped out, the plastic grill on the floor for the heater, one broke, the window in the bedroom leaks every time it rains. The bottom cabinet in the bathroom fell apart when I opened it one morning. The are just glued together. There is a crach on the bedroom wall. I do not move the trailer. Do not know where it came from. Plus there is no baseboard around the outer walls. Can not keep the ants out. Never been so diappointed in my life. Can not get reapirs done because I am outside of the reapir area. They knew darn well where I lived but had no problem selling me an extended repair warranty. Knowing I could never use it. Now my salesman does not answer my calls. Plus I use to get promotional calls I dont' get them since I sent a disappointed text. Thanks a lot JAYCO. I really believed the Brothers just more lies.
- Linda Escher, Florida