Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite RVs Reviews (9)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Sean Clark from Pennsylvania says:

Have you owned any Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite 17Z View Listings

Owned for over a year. Family with two little girls. Space inside is tight but livable. Quality is second to none. At only 3000 pounds, HUGE PLUS is that it is MINIVAN TOWABLE!!! An SUV could pull it also.
- Sean Clark, Pennsylvania

2019-08-13 2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

Original owner purchased new October 2011. The floor plan was the big selling point for my wife and I. Especially the large amount of storage space, the large U-shaped dinette, though small the full bathroom, and the slide out that increased the interior space. After 7 years we still love the layout of this trailer. We also liked the 2 year manufacturer warranty and that we had seen so many Jayco trailers over our 25 years of camping. We had only a few problems with the trailer during the first two years. Before our first trip we noticed that the canvas on one of the beds was not properly stitched, leaving a 3" long gap at the window zipper. We returned to the selling dealer and they removed the canvas, sent it back to the factory to be repaired, and then reinstalled it. We've had no other problems with the canvas since then. The other significant problem was one of the water shutoff valves that isolates the hot water tank for winterization seized up. Because we were already at the campground I replaced the valve myself at a cost of $45.00 (Note-the other winterization water shutoff valve also seized 2 years later). We also had a window shade fall down when two screws pulled out of the wall, which again we repaired ourselves. The trailer is kept outdoors year round on our property. I do cover the trailer each winter. We have never had a leak and all the seals and caulking are still serviceable. We are not yet retired and camp about 3-4 weeks a year, typically no farther than 300 miles from home. Tires are all original, we had one flat tire 3 years ago. We are planning on buying new tires next season. The only other problem we've experienced is two years ago the green light on the control panel of the Norcold refrigerator started flashing, indicating a problem with the electrical unit of the refrigeration system. Despite the constantly flashing light the unit still cools normally when only running on 110v, no propane. If we turn on the propane the fridge will run solely on propane and the control panel lights will function normally. I have gone thru all checks and tests I could perform on the refrigerator and believe the problem is a faulty master control module. I have not yet replaced the control module, instead we just turn off the propane supply when we have 110v AC power available and the fridge operates normally. My last comments are about the livability rating and why we gave our Jayco 4 stars instead of 5 stars. The reason is the bathroom and shower of the 2012 model does not have a medicine cabinet or shower surround panels like previous or later X23B models. 2012 models only have a mirror and shower head, no soap dish or cubby for items like shampoo, soap, or washcloth. Why Jayco eliminated these items from the 2012 model is a mystery to me. After the warranty expired on our trailer we installed both a medicine cabinet and shower surround panels that have built in cubbies and a bar to hang the washcloth. I have since been very happy with the livability of the bathroom. In the last couple of years I've noticed more complaints about the quality of Jayco products than I believe there have been in the past. Some people have suggested that quality has slipped since Thor Industries purchased Jayco. I can only say the initial quality and durability of our 2012 hybrid trailer has been very good all the years we have owned it.
- Harry Cleaver, Michigan

2019-06-13 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23B View Listings

I've had a positive experience so far with my rv as a single owner. It is a hybrid trailer,so your beds stow away at opposite ends of the camper leaving more living space inside. The 1 slide out adds a few more feet once fully extended outward and converts into a bed. The camper sleeps 8 comfortably. Spacious kitchen area and closet space. Plenty of cabinet space for storage. Bathroom has stand up shower large enough for a young adult. a/c unit installed and very efficient. Elec/propane hot water heater. Forced hot air furnace with 1 or 2 supply vents. Electric awning with led lights. Electric tow jack when hitching to vehicle. Quick connect for external propane connection if you want to grill outside.the unit is fully operational. I would definitely recommend this camping trailer for those looking for an inexpensive but luxurious outside living quarters.
- Manny Santana, New Jersey

2019-03-14 2013 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X17Z View Listings

We found this trailer to be very comfortable for trips of up to 4 weeks. In the 4th week we began to wish we had recliners for the evenings. Among our trips were two 5-week trips that included having a second couple staying with us for 10 days. We were all comfortable, although our 6' 2" guest felt claustrophobic in the shower. We added a plastic medicine cabinet ("contractor's model") to the bathroom, and that satisfied our storage needs. Things we appreciated: - mattresses were comfortable - we slept on the table bed in bear country where we couldn't put out the canvass covered beds - lots of cupboard space and storage inside - microwave, stove, oven, water heater, TV, fridge worked well - bathroom was roomy for this size of trailer - back bed felt more private and like a separate room because it was half behind the bathroom. - DVD player and stereo/radio - dinette was comfortable - light enough to pull with a small SUV (e.g. Ford Escape) - pulled very smoothly with a weight distribution and anti-sway hitch - small enough to fit in nearly all camping sites - queen sheets fit the mattresses (our previous trailer had an odd-sized mattress) - nice large awning - we bought it used and didn't have a warranty, but I was impressed that Jayco emailed me schematics for the walls (we wanted to screw a medicine cabinet to a stud) - electric plugs above the beds for small light/fans that hook onto the bars supporting the canvass - outlet at each bed, kitchen, outside, and 2 at the table Things we wished were different: - replaced air conditioner at 5-years old - not one drawer, so kitchen tools and silverware had to be kept in caddies and moved between cupboards for travel and the counter tops for living - small counter area in kitchen and bath - no medicine cabinet, so inconvenient for storing toothbrushes, toothpaste, meds, lotions, etc - difficult to open door to under-sofa storage - small hatch door on outside - stove fan was so loud we hated to use it - smoke detector goes off whenever we cooked unless we had the fan on - dinette was narrower (benches were closer together) than our old tent trailer and we noticed the difference in leg room, especially with 4 adults sitting there. - we replaced all the lights with LEDs - camping on the Oregon coast in heavy winter rain/hail caused the humidity to condense on the canvass and rain on the beds. Normal NW humidity and winter weather was ok.
- Nancy Samuels, Washington

2018-12-25 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X20E View Listings

We really haven't used our camper much bought it and stored it had to have serviced for leak that was a nightmare! Now we our using it because we our in a flood and this thing is junk! I have buyers remorse. And the bad thing is ,is well are stuck with this piece of junk !We have a leak in the bathroom .the space in here is awful,the couch sits so it likes to throw you off,no cabinet space in kitchen overall design is terrible !It feels like 4 pieces of cardboard put together like a gingerbread house don't buy this you will not be happy!
- judith lentz, Florida

2018-08-08 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X20E View Listings

This RV is so easy to tow and park we enjoyed every trip stayed the month of January in Florida. Room to entertain, if its raining watch movies inside or outside the awning. I have added a medicine cabinet and night stand for the front bedroom . Kitchen is a joy to cook or bake in, for me, microwave! Showering is easy and lighted by skylight. Heating and AC work great. Sofa is in the slide out area will make into a spacious single and the table a double bed. When making a short stop, don’t open the front or rear bedrooms. We loved this RV! Selling because I have to stop driving soon ?? Like new, Must See?!!!
- Vince, Missouri

2018-08-08 2015 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X20E View Listings

- Vince, Missouri

2018-05-28 2013 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X18D View Listings

This is the 2nd Jayco we've owned. The durability and quality of Jaycos are excellent. Canvas is very sturdy, good storage for the size campers we've had and though a tad on the heavier side, its a great buy. We like that the exterior is made of fiberglass vs aluminum. We've been in some pretty crazy rainstorms with this camper and have had no danage or leaking. Only downside I can think of is the small shower. Really not useable if you are older than 7. But, having the sink and toilet are great. The beds are nice and roomy. Sleeping areas feel nice and big, not cramped or crowded. Would definitely purchase another Jayco!
- Shelly, Wisconsin

2018-05-12 2017 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite 23RLSW View Listings

Have had this unit for 2 years. Problems I have had are, a plumbing leak, couch seat replaced, mattress replaced, and a bathroom sink replaced. All repairs were fixed under warranty. Had to have dining seats updated to a denser foam on my nickel. The wood used to build the bed frame was of substandard wood, looked like low quality furring strips so I had to rebuild the frame with better lumber and plywood. The amish quality is overridden with low price material and the amount of time they must allow for the build. you can see where screws are starting to loosen up and causing bumps in the flooring. Everything looks good at first glance but after a little use the lack of quality shows up.
- Greg Poff, Illinois