Jayco Jay Feather RVs Reviews (25)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Feather RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

SJ.Tyrrell from Kansas says:

Have you owned any Jayco Jay Feather RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 22FQSW View Listings

OUTSTANDING TRAVEL TRAILER IN ALL ASPECTS. TOWS EASILY WITH RAM 1500 4X4 WITH 5.7 HEMI ENGINE. I GET 11.3-12.1 MPG DEPENDING ON TERRAIN. AS A SINGLE OCCUPANT, I HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM AND COMFORT. A VERY LIVEABLE UNIT TO OWN. CABINET AND STORAGE SPACE IS MORE THAN ADEQUATE.ALL FEATURES WORK AS THEY SHOULD. IT WILL ACCOMODATE A FAMILY AS WELL. THIS TRAILER IS EVERYTHING ONE NEEDS AND NOTHING ONE DOES NOT.WHY PEOPLE BUY THOSE MONSTER TRAVEL TRAILERS AND SEMI SIZE 5TH WHEEL BEHEMOTHS IS BEYOND ME! I GUESS TO OUTDO THE NEIGHBORS AND TO TAKE THE HOUSE WITH THEM?! BETTER THEM THAN ME!
- SJ.Tyrrell, Kansas

2019-06-18 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 22FQSW View Listings

Love this camper easy to tow and all the nice features. If I had more time we would use more. Just too busy a schedule right now. We have used twice in the last two seasons and that is not enough to justify having it.
- john brewster, Minnesota

2019-05-29 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 23RL View Listings

Floor plan is what sold us initially on this model with lots of counter prep space and a very large bathroom and shower for a trailer of this size. Also the 8 foot power slide-out makes it so much more livable. One other item to note is due to its light weight even with a power slide-out it can be towed with smaller SUV's and mid-size trucks.
- Randy Vander Hill, California

2019-05-28 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

A design on this RV is wonderful! It facilitates a family of 4 very easily. Love the designWith bunk beds and a king size bed pull out. Great kitchen design and bathroom. The hardest part is trying to get anything fixed on warranty issues.
- Kelly , Colorado

2019-03-12 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

This trailer is a perfect fit for 2 to 4 people. It tows easily, has a great inside storage area for our bikes and fits very nicely in small national park sites. We did add memory foam under the teddy bear mattresses for more comfort.
- Ann shea, Wisconsin

2018-12-10 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X23E View Listings

I purchased this 50th anniversary edition due to all the perks: prewired for solar, spaciousness, interior beauty and ease of operation. The day I drove it off the RV City lot I headed straight for my first camping excursion in it for the weekend! The trailer was a hit and quickly became THE HANGOUT trailer amongst other campers. The spaciousness of the living area and having 3 sleeping berths allowed me the freedom to designate one as a playroom. Five preteens utilized the playroom allowing them to be heard yet Not seen! LOVE LOVE LOVE this trailer!
- Saundra King, Arizona

2018-11-14 2018 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

Do not buy a Jayco! Build quality is terrible. Go to YouTube and watch the video “building jayco travel trailer pure junk” to see how much pride in workmanship they have for their product. Wish I had seen that video before making a $25k mistake. Ours started falling apart after 2 months. Anything screwed or glued or riveted WILL come apart. Once a screw comes out of particle board or fiberglass good luck getting another screw to stay put. Soft spots in floor. Bathtub is cracked in 2 spots. Slide out sags (I’m 180lb, my wife is 130lb, no kids). AC leaks water inside. Lots of under carriage/frame rust after only 6 months of summer camping in Texas. Warranty is inconvenient. Have to take it to dealership and wait 1-3 months every time something breaks. Dealers who didn’t sell you the RV don’t want to perform work. Jayco does not help in the slightest. Everyone there is very corporate and act like robots. I’ve called numerous times and have never reached anyone at Jayco who is friendly or helpful. I feel bad selling this lemon to someone else so we’re just going to trade it in for a different brand and take a huge loss. Never again!
- Charles Joseph, Texas

2018-08-22 2014 Jayco Jay Feather 19XUD View Listings

On a trip from Florida to Nova Scotia we starting having problems shortly after our departure and thought of turning back after 5 months of planning. In two separate incidents we had to replace all four tires and two leaf springs,then the two leveling Jack's in the rear bent. We had to purchase sizzor Jack's to replace the low grade Jack's that come with the trailer. Then the handle to raise the antenna broke. We call Jayco customer service for a dealer that carried the leaf springs and gave all the info they ask for,we sat on the side of the waiting for a return call that never came. I certainly wouldn't recommend any Jayco product and if you do purchase one I recommend you up grade tires,leaf spings and Jack's. Jayco uses minium grade equipment and certainly there customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
- Kenneth J Cafiero, Florida

2018-06-28 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 23RLSW View Listings

Very disappointed with our new Jayco. In the first 2 months we have had the dripline guard about the slide fall off; under the kitchen sink we had a leak in a spot that is not a joint; the awning/slide switches on the wall fell off only to have us discover that they aren't screwed in to a piece of wood. The screws only went through the 1/8" piece of wall covering; the shower stall leaked bad. Discovered it's because the glass door wasn't installed right leaving a 1/8" gap at the bottom and the water runs right out; the bed, after the 4th night sleeping on it, developed a huge permanent divot in it; the 3rd time turning the hot water heater on the ignitor board dies leaving us without hot water for the rest of our one week trip (no fun). Finding out there are lots of 2017 and 2018 trailers with water heater boards burning out. Very disappointed that we got rid of our 14 year old Jayco trailer that we NEVER had a problem with. Seems they're being made cheaper and cheaper all the time.
- becky, Wisconsin

2018-05-29 2011 Jayco Jay Feather 242 View Listings

It's been great living in this RV for two years. I love the wardrobe space, pantry, and storage. The only thing I would change is to have the wardrobe slide out with the couch instead of it being only a half length slide out (6ft). We haven't had any problems with it so far but we strongly recommend sealing around every seam, outlet, light, or accessory on the outside because we noticed Jayco only does the top half at the factory. This could be a problem in Florida especially during heavy sideways rains. Also recommend a stabilizer for towing as it makes everything a lot smoother.
- Bridgette, Florida

2018-01-25 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 23RLSW View Listings

Researching RV trailer quality, we were generally impressed with ratings for Jayco. We traded up from a pop up but have not been impressed with the quality of this unit. After only 1 camping trip, we had to put in for a warranty repair/replacement of the couch. Sitting on it for only four days caused the cushion to collapse and a dowel rod to poke out of the coushion. Had to drag it all the way back to the dealer we bought from in Ocala as the local dealer in Orlando would not work on a warranty issue because we didn’t buy it from them. The second trip just three weeks ago had more issues. The water heater controller went out on the second day of a five day trip causing us to have to call mobile repair to fix it. The repair man immediately knew what the issue was and said the Chinese made control board was the problem. Took less than 4 minutes to fix and cost over $330. Submitted to Jayco for reimbursement, haven’t heard back from them. Other issues also emerged, the cheap plastic kitchen sink cracked and the kitchen faucet fixture surface began to bubble. When we got back home, there was also a notice of recall for an electrical circuit breaker issue that could cause a fire. Back to the dealership for repair and warranty submission to Jayco. No word from Jayco on the repair/replacement of the sink/faucet. I realize that this is an entry level RV but for $25,000, you would generally expect some reliability and quality. Also, my original vehicle, a Ford F-150, was not well suited to tow this unit. We stepped it up to an F-350 diesel as we plan to up grade to a fifth wheel eventually, but now will be looking more closely at other manufacturers, not just Jayco. Three more camping trips planned in the next four months including going to the Florida Keys. Feels like I’m just waiting for the next shoe to drop with this unit.
- Pete S, Florida

2017-10-26 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X23F View Listings

I have had nothing but problems with this model - awning, water heart, slide out, water ingress into bunks, door not closing, cosmetic issues, etc. Overall bad quality!!!! I talked with Jayco direct, you can't return the trailer after purchase due to warranty terms even if you have a lemon. The warranty process takes months! Don't do it, go with a different brand.
- David, Kentucky

2017-10-26 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X23F View Listings

- David, Kentucky

2017-10-19 2007 Jayco Jay Feather 30U View Listings

For this being a 30 foot trailer I think the space could have been utilized better. It's roomy and I love that it can sleep up to 10 little people! Perfect for a large family! The two main changes I would make are to add DOORS vs sliding privacy screens for a few reasons. It's nice to have full privacy and in the bunk area it would really make it the kids room. I love that it has 3 separate cable hook ups for that same reason people like to watch tv where it's comfortable...their beds! The other thing is drawers...there are NONE. It makes up for it in cabinet space-using plastic bins and dividers to help organize everything. The bathroom is small but if my 6"1 275 husband can shower in there almost any one can too. It is really light to tow for the size of it! Easy to pull with a half ton.
- Jacqueline Stringer, California

2017-08-23 2008 Jayco Jay Feather 31V View Listings

The A frame hitch is very cheep design. It is easy to bend and Jaco just shrugged their shoulders. The water tank sits at the front so that weight really bears on the hitch when hitting bumps. The furnace is at the back. So by the time it get to the bedroom in the front, it's too cool to really get the job done.
- Rick Ratzlaff, Alberta

2017-05-10 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 23RBM View Listings

We are glad we bought our Jay Feather. It is an excellent value - decent quality and modest pricing. We have had only very minor fixes and adjustments. As of now, we would buy another Jayco trailer. We love the Murphy bed, open floor plan, counter space, and large bathroom. Our only long term concern is the foam laminated floor - hoping that it will last. The rest of the unit is about as solid as an ultralight can be. We recommend the Jay Feather!
- ML, Alabama

2017-04-21 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 16XRB View Listings

The Jayco 16XRB isn't for everyone, but I love mine. Its a very tidy and compact little camper that you don't even notice pulling. We even pull it with our station wagon. But when you open up the end it is massive. The best part is it's narrow profile, at 7 feet wide, you don't even need trailer mirrors. But everything comes at a cost, I am 5-8, and when I lay down on the bunks, my head and feet touch on both ends. Not a problem for me, I sleep quite comfortably, but anyone over 5-8 would have to curl up on their side.
- Brent, Michigan

2017-03-30 2014 Jayco Jay Feather 17A View Listings

We purchased the X17A because it could be towed by our SUV. The two queen beds really worked well when both kids went along. The bathtub / shower and U shaped dinette were a big plus. With the few items that needed to be repaired under warranty, we found Jayco to be VERY accommodating.
- Tom, Ohio

2016-12-28 2008 Jayco Jay Feather 31V View Listings

I have had nothing but problems with the plastic bumper they put on the rear of this trailer. I have replaced it three times now due to cracking of the mounting bolts that hold the bumper in place. They run the entire length of the bumper and render it unsafe to travel down the road because it could fall off. Multiple contacts with Jayco has proven poor customer service on this product. I have replaced the bumper three times now at a cost of $500.00 per time. This is a poor engineering design with no remedy by the manufacturer. I wont buy another Jayco product.
- Steve Williams, Colorado

2016-12-04 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 22FQSW View Listings

Outstanding trailer! Solid, vacuum bonded exterior is the way to go. Resists hail and is tight and will not cave in like those cheap fiberglass exteriors. Good value, easy to tow with ram 1500 5. 7hemi.
- S J Tyrrell, Kansas

2016-12-04 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 22FQSW View Listings

OUTSTANDING TRAILER! SOLID, VACUUM BONDED EXTERIOR IS THE WAY TO GO.RESISTS HAIL AND IS TIGHT AND WILL NOT CAVE IN LIKE THOSE CHEAP FIBERGLASS EXTERIORS. GOOD VALUE, EASY TO TOW WITH RAM 1500 5.7HEMI.
- S J Tyrrell, Kansas

2016-05-03 2013 Jayco Jay Feather 19H View Listings

Love this camper. It's easy to set up, very good quality. Easy to tow. Has all of the conveniences with out loosing the connection to nature. Its size allows you to fit in tight places at camp grounds. Sets up in minutes. Would buy this camper again.
- Jill Stackhouse, Vermont

2016-03-18 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 22FQSW View Listings

Outstanding travel trailer in all aspects. Tows easily with ram 1500 4x4 with 5. 7 hemi engine. I get 11. 3-12. 1 mpg depending on terrain. As a single occupant, i have plenty of room and comfort. A very liveable unit to own. Cabinet and storage space is more than adequate. All features work as they should. It will accomodate a family as well. This trailer is everything one needs and nothing one does not. Why people buy those monster travel trailers and semi size 5th wheel behemoths is beyond me! I guess to outdo the neighbors and to take the house with them?! Better them than me!
- SJ.Tyrrell, Kansas

2015-01-30 2008 Jayco Jay Feather 30U View Listings

This is a great camper for the family. The slide gives plenty of living space. The bunk house gives the kids a place of their own to hang out. Pac n play means lots of storage. The length presents a small challenge for towing but the weight is still very manageable.
- Rick, Michigan

2014-12-18 2010 Jayco Jay Feather 23B View Listings

Fits 2 adults, 1 teen. 1 preteen comfortably. Having the flip out beds gives more livable space . So much storage that I forget where I put things! Like a 2 bedroom condo on wheels.
- Bkb, New Jersey