Jayco Jay Feather

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Feather RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

SJ.Tyrrell from Kansas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 22FQSW View Listings

OUTSTANDING TRAVEL TRAILER IN ALL ASPECTS. TOWS EASILY WITH RAM 1500 4X4 WITH 5.7 HEMI ENGINE. I GET 11.3-12.1 MPG DEPENDING ON TERRAIN. AS A SINGLE OCCUPANT, I HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM AND COMFORT. A VERY LIVEABLE UNIT TO OWN. CABINET AND STORAGE SPACE IS MORE THAN ADEQUATE.ALL FEATURES WORK AS THEY SHOULD. IT WILL ACCOMODATE A FAMILY AS WELL. THIS TRAILER IS EVERYTHING ONE NEEDS AND NOTHING ONE DOES NOT.WHY PEOPLE BUY THOSE MONSTER TRAVEL TRAILERS AND SEMI SIZE 5TH WHEEL BEHEMOTHS IS BEYOND ME! I GUESS TO OUTDO THE NEIGHBORS AND TO TAKE THE HOUSE WITH THEM?! BETTER THEM THAN ME!
- SJ.Tyrrell, Kansas

2021-09-10 2017 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

I purchased my Jayco X213 in March of 2018. My wife and I are retired and have enjoyed camping, quite often, in our Jayco X213. We have had one other brand camper that we didn’t purchase another but would certainly purchase another Jayco as our Jayco 213 has done very well by us. We have traveled 1700 miles one time and many 80, 50,20 mile trips. Very easy for this 70 year old to pull and set up.
- Emile cote, Georgia

2021-09-07 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 29QB View Listings

The Jayco 29 QB is roomy, with lots of storage and perfect for families. Priced right, easy to tow and the small second bedroom with TV and bunks is a great resting place for quiet times. Two ACs make a big difference as well. I recommend this unit for families for sure or someone traveling and needing lots of extra storage. When the grands aren't with us, the bunkhouse becomes a great place to put extra stuff for long trips.
- Joanie Edwards, Texas

2021-07-12 2021 Jayco Jay Feather 24BH View Listings

My wife and I shopped for months to find our ideal bunkhouse camper. Spent a ton of time comparing and researching various options and we fell in love with the Jay Feather 24bh. We were elated to get a 2021 model new off the showroom floor late last year…..and that’s where our nightmare began. We have had nothing but issues with both the coach and Jayco customer service. EVERY single trip has uncovered a new problem and we’ve quite literally had it in the shop more nights than we’ve spent in it. As this is our 4th trailer we expected the usual break in issues but this was far, far worse than anything we could have imagined. Plumbing, electrical, leaking water on inside walls, bad parts, bad construction, you name it and it’s broken. After 5 trips (including a road trip to the desert in which the AC unit went out) we have said enough is enough and have traded it in for a Grand Design. Totally inexcusable in every sense for a camper that is not even 1 year old yet to have these types of issues. Tried calling Jayco for support and they basically told us to pound sand. Dealership has been great but we will NEVER consider anything in the Jayco line of products again. They have lost a customer for life. Everything’s was covered under warranty but the hassle of dealing with this Jayco product has taken the fun out of camping for us and we decided to go in another direction. Do yourself a favor and avoid, avoid, avoid this unit. Your future self will thank you
- Levi Lamfers, Colorado

2021-07-11 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 29QB View Listings

If you need a bunkhouse, this is the best floorplan out there. The kids have their own room with a door and the parents have theirs. Also the rooms are on opposite sides of the trailer. Great design and outdoor kitchen.
- Jon, Georgia

2021-05-18 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 22FQSW View Listings

My wife and I purchased this model of Jayco Jayfeather, new, in 2016. We have had several motorhomes and another trailer, and unlike the others we found the Jayco to be trouble free and easy to pull. When I purchased the trailer I had the dealer install an anti-sway bar, however, I have never had to use it even when traveling in the west with very strong crosswinds. The Jayfeather is light weight and has fewer exterior seams than other trailers which make it very watertight and relatively maintenance free. I definitely would recommend this make and model.
- Greg, Florida

2021-05-08 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z View Listings

Perfect for a yong family with kids. Has all the amenities of a larger unit. Especially the full size bath. There are No Cons. Sleep's 8 large awaning. Outside shower 🚿 it's perfect. Great starter Camper or a retired couple on a Budget.
- Ray Gates II, Florida

2021-05-04 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z View Listings

I loved how easy the Jayco was to tow. I used a Kia Sorrento as my tow vehicle. I had no problem pulling the trailer with my Kia. I pulled the trailer out to Texas for family reunion it was so handy when I stopped at road side park with no restroom to use the one in the trailer just turn the pump on and bathroom was active. I was amazed at the amount of storage for the trailer size. I did use a 3 inch topper on the beds the mattress that it came with were not thick enough for me. My daughter and I had no trouble backing the trailer in and setting it up. Took the two of us about 20mts to have it all set up beds made etc. I liked the combination of the main area like a regular trailer and the ends tent like so you still get the feel of being close to nature. The only problem I ran into was finding a reliable repair place. You have to watch like hawk (Half done work) and over charge on the bill this is not the trailer fault but the sales place.
- Rebecca Painter, Florida

2021-02-20 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 27BHB View Listings

We spent the summer of 2020 evaluating different travel trailers and eventually settled on spending the extra dollars for quality and peace of mind. We do not regret our decision. We absolutely LOVE our camper. We assumed that as we started using it we would notice some little details that would have been rushed through production that needed tweaking...so far zero. Couldn’t be happier with our purchase. Worth the extra investment for peace of mind and quality.
- P. LeB, New Brunswick

2021-01-11 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X17Z View Listings

Purchased a 2019 a year ago and had it in the shop twice. The furnace will turn on for 25 seconds and turn off. Camping World repair shop said the blew hair out of and it ran fine. We took it out Thanksgiving weekend ran fine for 2 days and the started the 25 second cycle. Just came back from a weekend trip once and furnace would not stay on. Truly 2nd guessing out decision to purchase a Jayco
- Tina Jones, Arizona

2020-09-23 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 16XRB View Listings

We ourchased our 2017Jay feather new and we use it quite a bit. The only reason I put a lower mark on quality is because of the few issues we had. Medicine cabinet not being secured properrly. Wood where you sleep wasn't secured properrly. These issues were taken care of by the warranty. The other issue is I inspect the roof at least twice a year. This year(2020) I noticed nails pushing up from below on the rubber roof. I was told the warranty (extended that we purchased) doesn't cover this. I did take care of by putting a patch over them and caulking them with the proper roof caulk. It pulls real easy on the road. I have a 2017 F150 V6 with the Ecoboost ans the only time I notice I'm pulling it is if there's a strong wind. My wife and I enjoy it quite a bit. Like I mentioned earlier about the quality is good but not sure if its the best.
- Rick, Minnesota

2020-09-11 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 25RB View Listings

Purchased 3/2020. So far I have had to replace a faulty toilet ($500),a refrigerator door handle, ($68), and a glide on 1 kitchen drawer ($12). Now there is recall for faulty wiring. I live in my trailer full time but they are insisting I have to take it in and leave it at a dealership for who knows how many days. I asked them if they has authorized mobile repair because I would have no place to stay. The very rude customer service person, April, said no and that I would have to take it in. Terrible customer service with absolutely no attempt to make any sort of accommodation. I spent $35,000 on a trailer that is literally falling apart after 6 months. Don't buy Jayco. They look pretty but aren't built to last.... even 6 months.
- Kate, California

2020-08-18 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

I bought a Jayco X213 because of their supposed quality and customer service, but that is far from the truth. I bought it in May and drove it from Michigan to Washington State. The electrical would not run the unit except if it was hooked into my truck. No battery power. We went on one five day trip in June and the unit leaked all over the floor when hooked up to the water, and the air conditioning unit blew only warm air. Not a good start. We took it to Camping World in june and it is still there. They fixed the leak, but the Air needs a thermostat inside the unit. This is now late August and I still do not have it. They first said the delay was due to covid. Okay, so I had to wait. Then when the part did come into Jayco, they had it for over three weeks at the factory. The service department finally put it on a rush order and it came in last Friday. If you guessed that it was the wrong part, YOU WIN. So now, after two months it still sits at Camping world, and they do not know when the part will come in. I asked them to just order the part and I will pay for it, but they said it would void the warranty. I have worked my way up the Jayco food chain and talked to just about everyone. They are very nice, but I still do not have my brand new trailer. This has been a truly disappointing experience. I understand having a couple of small problems, but they did not need to sit on the part for over three weeks and it could have been the right part. I would give it back today if they let me. I was off for two months and we were supposed to stay out for Most of July and the whole month of August, but now my job is back and it is too late. Be careful of overhype.
- Jeffrey R Jordan, Washington

2020-06-13 2017 Jayco Jay Feather X23B View Listings

We love our Hybrid. It has a great floor plan with lots of living space without pulling a 30 ft. trailer. It tows wonderfully even through mountains. It has plenty of storage. We have had no major problems. Service has been exceptional for 2 minor, minor issues. Shower is functional but on the small side. Purchased some foam to place under mattresses for a comfortable sleep.
- Steve, Wisconsin

2020-04-09 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 27BHB View Listings

Just purchased this RV in early March 2020. Took it out 1 time before this Covid crisis. We love it and couldn't be happy with the actually RV. Went to check it out the other day and the battery was dead. Silly me I thought, I must have forgot to turn the Battery Disconnect Switch to off. Starting looking for the switch and couldn't find it anywhere. If you look at the factory brochure it shows it as a Standard item. Well to my surprise after speaking with Jayco that apparently my RV was manufactured in Sept of 2019 and they added this as a Standard item after that date. Remember, I just bought this in March and the brochure showed it as Standard. On top of that the Customer Service rep tells me that if it was something important that I needed then I should have looked on it to verify it was actually on the RV. So I write this review to tell all of you to not just assume if its listed on the brochure that its actually on the RV. From Jayco response after you buy it then they will not be liable for misleading you on the brochure. Not happy with Jayco.
- Clint Lummus, Texas

2020-02-16 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X19H View Listings

I bought this camper to "downsize from a 27ft RV. Used for a month and so far I'm happy. Some issues are that the "jacknife couch" with storage underneath does not stay up and has come down on my neck and head. As a woman caming alone it is extremely difficult folding up the tent ends. It was raining while closing up and the camper body is very slippery when wet and no way to hold it in place while folding, nearly killed me. If they could come up with a better design I would be thrilled. I had to bother other people to come out in the rain to help. I did have a minor leak under the tub, drain. Quality control issue, once I accessed the pvc fitting realized it was never fully tightened. Will let you know how it withstood the winter when I open it up.
- Therese, New York

2020-01-22 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH View Listings

We bought a new jay feather travel trailer in 2017. We love the lay out of the bunkhouse trailer. The first year while traveling out of state one axel bent and had to be replaced. Water lines broke and leaked onto the carpet staining the light carpet black. Jayco Warranty said the customer must have over-packed the trailer? Huh... must have been all those gold bars we have. They finally paid for the axel. Then the next year the 2nd axel broke and we lost a wheel while traveling out of state. Thankfully we had an extended warranty through another company. Each time The axel broke we were in limbo somewhere in the US waiting 3 weeks for the axel to come from Indiana. After axel #2 was finally replaced we completed our trip to Az only to find the water tank cracked, the faucet leaking and the water hose intake valve leaking so into the shop for repairs. Its always something with this trailer. We are afraid to take it anywhere..... selling it as soon as we can and won’t buy another Jayco.
- Carol Petersen, Illinois

2020-01-07 2015 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

We’ve towed our X213 1500 miles to upstate NY for Christmas and New Years for 4 years and experienced camping in snowy, -23F weather. (We had to use the stove top to heat up the thermostat to enable it to kick on as it didn’t like the cold and propane does freeze at these temps.) We’ve also driven 9800 miles via Route 66 to California, up the PCH and home I90 stopping at several National Parks along the way (114F in Texas, Arizona and New Mexico). We’ve been through 3 tow vehicles (07 Sequoia, 12 Armada, 15 Sequoia) and also towed with a 17 Tacoma and 00 Land Cruiser. Our family of 5 plus K9 has very much enjoyed the Jayco x213. It is nimble, handles well and having the Canadien insulation + hard sided, king-bed extension it has kept us feeling comfortable in all kinds of weather. For how we’ve used this camper, it’s been fantastic! I’m very pleased we went with a smaller overall package instead of getting a huge TT.
- MichaelB, Michigan

2019-12-29 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 23RB View Listings

Update. My unit has been at the dealership since October 28,2019. I bought on August 27, 2019. Yep roughly 2 months after purchase. We can now add a leaking transition seal on the roof leading to a 85% moisture content in floor, as well as soft and spongy, 78% in both walls and 72% in the ceiling. Jayco will only pay to pull back vinyl floor and use fans to dry. Not sure how that is going to dry the walls, ceiling or roof. This repair just started on December 23,2019. Anyone in construction knows damage is irreversible this far along. Moisture readings were done on November 7, 2019. 6 weeks later and know we try to dry it out. Jayco must be run by dumbass inbreads to think anyone would be stupid enough to believe this repair will be sufficient to properly address the damage. Oh well lawyer's will figure it out. In the meantime be on the lookout for my rebranded coach; The Jaylemon. Everyone needs to remeber these units are rolling billboards. Custom vinyl wraps and lettering is rather cheap. Rather than just advertise their name and model let us all advertise their poor quality and poor customer service.
- Steven Meyer, Illinois

2019-11-03 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 23RLSW View Listings

Very pleased with our unit. Have spent 150 plus nights and 15,000 miles in it with only one warranty issue.Jayco replaced awning with no problem. JAYCO customer service has been great as well as our local dealer for annual maintenance work.Tows like a champ behind our 2014 Chev Silverado 1500.
- Chet Gibbons, Wisconsin

2019-10-30 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 23RB View Listings

This is my first coach. Bought this coach brand new from Camping World. First time out water heater quit working. Took it back to dealer. Said it was fixed. One week later stopped working again. Found out shower leaks do to not being caulked. Shower base is cracked. One half inch gap between shower base and shower wall. Debris under the laminate flooring. Window leaks. Entry stair light has no switch, have to turn on propane switch for hot water heater on panel for the stair light to work. Roof has bubbled. Entry door very hard to close now and is visibly bowed. Haven't even made the second payment. I thought Jayco was a quality product. Guess not. I just want my money back so I can purchase a reliable product. I took it in to the dealer and left it for them to fix. Not holding my breath. They are not customer friendly.
- Steven Meyer, Illinois

2019-10-07 2017 Jayco Jay Feather View Listings

We purchased this RV 3 years ago and started having issues from the start. Recall on the e-brAKE SYSTEM. Dragged it back to the dealer 125 miles away with a cost of $125 due to having to cross Lake Champlain on the ferry. Health issues didnt let us use it for the next year and a half. Upon getting back on my feet and getting ready to head out Found out I had no 12 volt system of any kind. Took it to another dealer that could get me in sooner then Pete's RV found that there were bare wires that were left just hanging in the e-brake system instead of being capped off. Finally got it back at another cost of $200 and headed out camping only to have a leak in the water in the kitchen sink Got under it and found the connection was only barely finger tight. Tightened it only to find another leak in the filter at the pump. Once again barely finger tight. tight. Smelled propane one morning and found the regulator was bad and another $60 to replace it. Finally upon getting back home found the sky lite has a crack in it $57 for another. Would never recommend a Jayco unit. Been on phone with Jayco now waiting for 45 minutes.
- David McMahon, New York

2019-10-04 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 23RBM View Listings

3rd Jayco we've owned. I did a lot of research and weighed pros and cons on floor plans before buying the 2019 Jayco 23RBM. Absolutely love this floor plan and layout. Murphy bed is simple to put down and away. We did get a cheap topper for the mattress, which made a huge difference. The most floor and counter space I've seen in a small RV. Lots of storage.
- Louann, Texas

2019-09-16 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 23RL View Listings

The shower valve assembly was mounted upside down? The backing of the countertop was sliding down because of the extreme heat. Carpet tried to push bottom edge of slide trim off a bit. Was missing a couple screws on a passthrough panel. No big deal fixed under warranty. I pull it with a Ram 1500 V6 with a Blue Ox hitch and an ARE wedge shell. The quality is vastly superior to the Keystone we traded. Have slept four adults very comfortably!!!
- Peter, Missouri

2019-09-15 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH View Listings

We have always loved Jayco, but this one is our favorite. Tows easily, the floor plan is great for a family, and I love being able to flip the living room TV around into our bedroom at night while the kids sleep.
- Nicole, Georgia