Jayco Jay Feather Reviews on RV Insider (39)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Jay Feather RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

SJ.Tyrrell from Kansas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 22FQSW View Listings

OUTSTANDING TRAVEL TRAILER IN ALL ASPECTS. TOWS EASILY WITH RAM 1500 4X4 WITH 5.7 HEMI ENGINE. I GET 11.3-12.1 MPG DEPENDING ON TERRAIN. AS A SINGLE OCCUPANT, I HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM AND COMFORT. A VERY LIVEABLE UNIT TO OWN. CABINET AND STORAGE SPACE IS MORE THAN ADEQUATE.ALL FEATURES WORK AS THEY SHOULD. IT WILL ACCOMODATE A FAMILY AS WELL. THIS TRAILER IS EVERYTHING ONE NEEDS AND NOTHING ONE DOES NOT.WHY PEOPLE BUY THOSE MONSTER TRAVEL TRAILERS AND SEMI SIZE 5TH WHEEL BEHEMOTHS IS BEYOND ME! I GUESS TO OUTDO THE NEIGHBORS AND TO TAKE THE HOUSE WITH THEM?! BETTER THEM THAN ME!
- SJ.Tyrrell, Kansas

2020-09-11 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 25RB View Listings

Purchased 3/2020. So far I have had to replace a faulty toilet ($500),a refrigerator door handle, ($68), and a glide on 1 kitchen drawer ($12). Now there is recall for faulty wiring. I live in my trailer full time but they are insisting I have to take it in and leave it at a dealership for who knows how many days. I asked them if they has authorized mobile repair because I would have no place to stay. The very rude customer service person, April, said no and that I would have to take it in. Terrible customer service with absolutely no attempt to make any sort of accommodation. I spent $35,000 on a trailer that is literally falling apart after 6 months. Don't buy Jayco. They look pretty but aren't built to last.... even 6 months.
- Kate, California

2020-08-18 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

I bought a Jayco X213 because of their supposed quality and customer service, but that is far from the truth. I bought it in May and drove it from Michigan to Washington State. The electrical would not run the unit except if it was hooked into my truck. No battery power. We went on one five day trip in June and the unit leaked all over the floor when hooked up to the water, and the air conditioning unit blew only warm air. Not a good start. We took it to Camping World in june and it is still there. They fixed the leak, but the Air needs a thermostat inside the unit. This is now late August and I still do not have it. They first said the delay was due to covid. Okay, so I had to wait. Then when the part did come into Jayco, they had it for over three weeks at the factory. The service department finally put it on a rush order and it came in last Friday. If you guessed that it was the wrong part, YOU WIN. So now, after two months it still sits at Camping world, and they do not know when the part will come in. I asked them to just order the part and I will pay for it, but they said it would void the warranty. I have worked my way up the Jayco food chain and talked to just about everyone. They are very nice, but I still do not have my brand new trailer. This has been a truly disappointing experience. I understand having a couple of small problems, but they did not need to sit on the part for over three weeks and it could have been the right part. I would give it back today if they let me. I was off for two months and we were supposed to stay out for Most of July and the whole month of August, but now my job is back and it is too late. Be careful of overhype.
- Jeffrey R Jordan, Washington

2020-06-13 2017 Jayco Jay Feather X23B View Listings

We love our Hybrid. It has a great floor plan with lots of living space without pulling a 30 ft. trailer. It tows wonderfully even through mountains. It has plenty of storage. We have had no major problems. Service has been exceptional for 2 minor, minor issues. Shower is functional but on the small side. Purchased some foam to place under mattresses for a comfortable sleep.
- Steve, Wisconsin

2020-04-09 2020 Jayco Jay Feather 27BHB View Listings

Just purchased this RV in early March 2020. Took it out 1 time before this Covid crisis. We love it and couldn't be happy with the actually RV. Went to check it out the other day and the battery was dead. Silly me I thought, I must have forgot to turn the Battery Disconnect Switch to off. Starting looking for the switch and couldn't find it anywhere. If you look at the factory brochure it shows it as a Standard item. Well to my surprise after speaking with Jayco that apparently my RV was manufactured in Sept of 2019 and they added this as a Standard item after that date. Remember, I just bought this in March and the brochure showed it as Standard. On top of that the Customer Service rep tells me that if it was something important that I needed then I should have looked on it to verify it was actually on the RV. So I write this review to tell all of you to not just assume if its listed on the brochure that its actually on the RV. From Jayco response after you buy it then they will not be liable for misleading you on the brochure. Not happy with Jayco.
- Clint Lummus, Texas

2020-02-16 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X19H View Listings

I bought this camper to "downsize from a 27ft RV. Used for a month and so far I'm happy. Some issues are that the "jacknife couch" with storage underneath does not stay up and has come down on my neck and head. As a woman caming alone it is extremely difficult folding up the tent ends. It was raining while closing up and the camper body is very slippery when wet and no way to hold it in place while folding, nearly killed me. If they could come up with a better design I would be thrilled. I had to bother other people to come out in the rain to help. I did have a minor leak under the tub, drain. Quality control issue, once I accessed the pvc fitting realized it was never fully tightened. Will let you know how it withstood the winter when I open it up.
- Therese, New York

2020-01-22 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH View Listings

We bought a new jay feather travel trailer in 2017. We love the lay out of the bunkhouse trailer. The first year while traveling out of state one axel bent and had to be replaced. Water lines broke and leaked onto the carpet staining the light carpet black. Jayco Warranty said the customer must have over-packed the trailer? Huh... must have been all those gold bars we have. They finally paid for the axel. Then the next year the 2nd axel broke and we lost a wheel while traveling out of state. Thankfully we had an extended warranty through another company. Each time The axel broke we were in limbo somewhere in the US waiting 3 weeks for the axel to come from Indiana. After axel #2 was finally replaced we completed our trip to Az only to find the water tank cracked, the faucet leaking and the water hose intake valve leaking so into the shop for repairs. Its always something with this trailer. We are afraid to take it anywhere..... selling it as soon as we can and won’t buy another Jayco.
- Carol Petersen, Illinois

2020-01-07 2015 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

We’ve towed our X213 1500 miles to upstate NY for Christmas and New Years for 4 years and experienced camping in snowy, -23F weather. (We had to use the stove top to heat up the thermostat to enable it to kick on as it didn’t like the cold and propane does freeze at these temps.) We’ve also driven 9800 miles via Route 66 to California, up the PCH and home I90 stopping at several National Parks along the way (114F in Texas, Arizona and New Mexico). We’ve been through 3 tow vehicles (07 Sequoia, 12 Armada, 15 Sequoia) and also towed with a 17 Tacoma and 00 Land Cruiser. Our family of 5 plus K9 has very much enjoyed the Jayco x213. It is nimble, handles well and having the Canadien insulation + hard sided, king-bed extension it has kept us feeling comfortable in all kinds of weather. For how we’ve used this camper, it’s been fantastic! I’m very pleased we went with a smaller overall package instead of getting a huge TT.
- MichaelB, Michigan

2019-12-29 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 23RB View Listings

Update. My unit has been at the dealership since October 28,2019. I bought on August 27, 2019. Yep roughly 2 months after purchase. We can now add a leaking transition seal on the roof leading to a 85% moisture content in floor, as well as soft and spongy, 78% in both walls and 72% in the ceiling. Jayco will only pay to pull back vinyl floor and use fans to dry. Not sure how that is going to dry the walls, ceiling or roof. This repair just started on December 23,2019. Anyone in construction knows damage is irreversible this far along. Moisture readings were done on November 7, 2019. 6 weeks later and know we try to dry it out. Jayco must be run by dumbass inbreads to think anyone would be stupid enough to believe this repair will be sufficient to properly address the damage. Oh well lawyer's will figure it out. In the meantime be on the lookout for my rebranded coach; The Jaylemon. Everyone needs to remeber these units are rolling billboards. Custom vinyl wraps and lettering is rather cheap. Rather than just advertise their name and model let us all advertise their poor quality and poor customer service.
- Steven Meyer, Illinois

2019-11-03 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 23RLSW View Listings

Very pleased with our unit. Have spent 150 plus nights and 15,000 miles in it with only one warranty issue.Jayco replaced awning with no problem. JAYCO customer service has been great as well as our local dealer for annual maintenance work.Tows like a champ behind our 2014 Chev Silverado 1500.
- Chet Gibbons, Wisconsin

2019-10-30 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 23RB View Listings

This is my first coach. Bought this coach brand new from Camping World. First time out water heater quit working. Took it back to dealer. Said it was fixed. One week later stopped working again. Found out shower leaks do to not being caulked. Shower base is cracked. One half inch gap between shower base and shower wall. Debris under the laminate flooring. Window leaks. Entry stair light has no switch, have to turn on propane switch for hot water heater on panel for the stair light to work. Roof has bubbled. Entry door very hard to close now and is visibly bowed. Haven't even made the second payment. I thought Jayco was a quality product. Guess not. I just want my money back so I can purchase a reliable product. I took it in to the dealer and left it for them to fix. Not holding my breath. They are not customer friendly.
- Steven Meyer, Illinois

2019-10-07 2017 Jayco Jay Feather View Listings

We purchased this RV 3 years ago and started having issues from the start. Recall on the e-brAKE SYSTEM. Dragged it back to the dealer 125 miles away with a cost of $125 due to having to cross Lake Champlain on the ferry. Health issues didnt let us use it for the next year and a half. Upon getting back on my feet and getting ready to head out Found out I had no 12 volt system of any kind. Took it to another dealer that could get me in sooner then Pete's RV found that there were bare wires that were left just hanging in the e-brake system instead of being capped off. Finally got it back at another cost of $200 and headed out camping only to have a leak in the water in the kitchen sink Got under it and found the connection was only barely finger tight. Tightened it only to find another leak in the filter at the pump. Once again barely finger tight. tight. Smelled propane one morning and found the regulator was bad and another $60 to replace it. Finally upon getting back home found the sky lite has a crack in it $57 for another. Would never recommend a Jayco unit. Been on phone with Jayco now waiting for 45 minutes.
- David McMahon, New York

2019-10-04 2019 Jayco Jay Feather 23RBM View Listings

3rd Jayco we've owned. I did a lot of research and weighed pros and cons on floor plans before buying the 2019 Jayco 23RBM. Absolutely love this floor plan and layout. Murphy bed is simple to put down and away. We did get a cheap topper for the mattress, which made a huge difference. The most floor and counter space I've seen in a small RV. Lots of storage.
- Louann, Texas

2019-09-16 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 23RL View Listings

The shower valve assembly was mounted upside down? The backing of the countertop was sliding down because of the extreme heat. Carpet tried to push bottom edge of slide trim off a bit. Was missing a couple screws on a passthrough panel. No big deal fixed under warranty. I pull it with a Ram 1500 V6 with a Blue Ox hitch and an ARE wedge shell. The quality is vastly superior to the Keystone we traded. Have slept four adults very comfortably!!!
- Peter, Missouri

2019-09-15 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH View Listings

We have always loved Jayco, but this one is our favorite. Tows easily, the floor plan is great for a family, and I love being able to flip the living room TV around into our bedroom at night while the kids sleep.
- Nicole, Georgia

2019-06-18 2016 Jayco Jay Feather 22FQSW View Listings

Love this camper easy to tow and all the nice features. If I had more time we would use more. Just too busy a schedule right now. We have used twice in the last two seasons and that is not enough to justify having it.
- john brewster, Minnesota

2019-05-29 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 23RL View Listings

Floor plan is what sold us initially on this model with lots of counter prep space and a very large bathroom and shower for a trailer of this size. Also the 8 foot power slide-out makes it so much more livable. One other item to note is due to its light weight even with a power slide-out it can be towed with smaller SUV's and mid-size trucks.
- Randy Vander Hill, California

2019-05-28 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

A design on this RV is wonderful! It facilitates a family of 4 very easily. Love the designWith bunk beds and a king size bed pull out. Great kitchen design and bathroom. The hardest part is trying to get anything fixed on warranty issues.
- Kelly , Colorado

2019-03-12 2016 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

This trailer is a perfect fit for 2 to 4 people. It tows easily, has a great inside storage area for our bikes and fits very nicely in small national park sites. We did add memory foam under the teddy bear mattresses for more comfort.
- Ann shea, Wisconsin

2018-12-10 2019 Jayco Jay Feather X23E View Listings

I purchased this 50th anniversary edition due to all the perks: prewired for solar, spaciousness, interior beauty and ease of operation. The day I drove it off the RV City lot I headed straight for my first camping excursion in it for the weekend! The trailer was a hit and quickly became THE HANGOUT trailer amongst other campers. The spaciousness of the living area and having 3 sleeping berths allowed me the freedom to designate one as a playroom. Five preteens utilized the playroom allowing them to be heard yet Not seen! LOVE LOVE LOVE this trailer!
- Saundra King, Arizona

2018-11-14 2018 Jayco Jay Feather X213 View Listings

Do not buy a Jayco! Build quality is terrible. Go to YouTube and watch the video “building jayco travel trailer pure junk” to see how much pride in workmanship they have for their product. Wish I had seen that video before making a $25k mistake. Ours started falling apart after 2 months. Anything screwed or glued or riveted WILL come apart. Once a screw comes out of particle board or fiberglass good luck getting another screw to stay put. Soft spots in floor. Bathtub is cracked in 2 spots. Slide out sags (I’m 180lb, my wife is 130lb, no kids). AC leaks water inside. Lots of under carriage/frame rust after only 6 months of summer camping in Texas. Warranty is inconvenient. Have to take it to dealership and wait 1-3 months every time something breaks. Dealers who didn’t sell you the RV don’t want to perform work. Jayco does not help in the slightest. Everyone there is very corporate and act like robots. I’ve called numerous times and have never reached anyone at Jayco who is friendly or helpful. I feel bad selling this lemon to someone else so we’re just going to trade it in for a different brand and take a huge loss. Never again!
- Charles Joseph, Texas

2018-08-22 2014 Jayco Jay Feather 19XUD View Listings

On a trip from Florida to Nova Scotia we starting having problems shortly after our departure and thought of turning back after 5 months of planning. In two separate incidents we had to replace all four tires and two leaf springs,then the two leveling Jack's in the rear bent. We had to purchase sizzor Jack's to replace the low grade Jack's that come with the trailer. Then the handle to raise the antenna broke. We call Jayco customer service for a dealer that carried the leaf springs and gave all the info they ask for,we sat on the side of the waiting for a return call that never came. I certainly wouldn't recommend any Jayco product and if you do purchase one I recommend you up grade tires,leaf spings and Jack's. Jayco uses minium grade equipment and certainly there customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
- Kenneth J Cafiero, Florida

2018-06-28 2018 Jayco Jay Feather 23RLSW View Listings

Very disappointed with our new Jayco. In the first 2 months we have had the dripline guard about the slide fall off; under the kitchen sink we had a leak in a spot that is not a joint; the awning/slide switches on the wall fell off only to have us discover that they aren't screwed in to a piece of wood. The screws only went through the 1/8" piece of wall covering; the shower stall leaked bad. Discovered it's because the glass door wasn't installed right leaving a 1/8" gap at the bottom and the water runs right out; the bed, after the 4th night sleeping on it, developed a huge permanent divot in it; the 3rd time turning the hot water heater on the ignitor board dies leaving us without hot water for the rest of our one week trip (no fun). Finding out there are lots of 2017 and 2018 trailers with water heater boards burning out. Very disappointed that we got rid of our 14 year old Jayco trailer that we NEVER had a problem with. Seems they're being made cheaper and cheaper all the time.
- becky, Wisconsin

2018-05-29 2011 Jayco Jay Feather 242 View Listings

It's been great living in this RV for two years. I love the wardrobe space, pantry, and storage. The only thing I would change is to have the wardrobe slide out with the couch instead of it being only a half length slide out (6ft). We haven't had any problems with it so far but we strongly recommend sealing around every seam, outlet, light, or accessory on the outside because we noticed Jayco only does the top half at the factory. This could be a problem in Florida especially during heavy sideways rains. Also recommend a stabilizer for towing as it makes everything a lot smoother.
- Bridgette, Florida

2018-01-25 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 23RLSW View Listings

Researching RV trailer quality, we were generally impressed with ratings for Jayco. We traded up from a pop up but have not been impressed with the quality of this unit. After only 1 camping trip, we had to put in for a warranty repair/replacement of the couch. Sitting on it for only four days caused the cushion to collapse and a dowel rod to poke out of the coushion. Had to drag it all the way back to the dealer we bought from in Ocala as the local dealer in Orlando would not work on a warranty issue because we didn’t buy it from them. The second trip just three weeks ago had more issues. The water heater controller went out on the second day of a five day trip causing us to have to call mobile repair to fix it. The repair man immediately knew what the issue was and said the Chinese made control board was the problem. Took less than 4 minutes to fix and cost over $330. Submitted to Jayco for reimbursement, haven’t heard back from them. Other issues also emerged, the cheap plastic kitchen sink cracked and the kitchen faucet fixture surface began to bubble. When we got back home, there was also a notice of recall for an electrical circuit breaker issue that could cause a fire. Back to the dealership for repair and warranty submission to Jayco. No word from Jayco on the repair/replacement of the sink/faucet. I realize that this is an entry level RV but for $25,000, you would generally expect some reliability and quality. Also, my original vehicle, a Ford F-150, was not well suited to tow this unit. We stepped it up to an F-350 diesel as we plan to up grade to a fifth wheel eventually, but now will be looking more closely at other manufacturers, not just Jayco. Three more camping trips planned in the next four months including going to the Florida Keys. Feels like I’m just waiting for the next shoe to drop with this unit.
- Pete S, Florida