Jayco Hummingbird RVs Reviews (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Hummingbird RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Sue Brown from Kansas says:

Have you owned any Jayco Hummingbird RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Jayco Hummingbird 17RK View Listings

Great trailer for 1-2 persons, has everything you need and lots of storage. Easy to tow, nice floor plan. Includes enclosed underbody, outside shower, solar panel jack and propane hookup for exterior grill.
- Sue Brown, Kansas

2019-05-17 2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RB BAJA View Listings

Pros: Easy to tow. 2 year warranty. That’s it. Cons: Mattress is the worst we’ve ever slept on. We have had it in the shop as many times as we’ve camped in it. The following has been repaired / replaced: Hot water heater Black and gray tanks - twice in the shop. Installed backwards. Tank sensors. Converter. Convection oven. Awning lights Led lights - inside and marker lights outside. Battery. Trim. No jack handle to let the jacks down. Missing lug nut off spare. Finally this weekend, our kitchen sink cracked and drain line broke flooding our camper. We bought this brand new November 2017. I dry camp most of the time. There hasn’t been water in the lines since June 2018. Jayco’s response “that is why a two year warranty is offered”. This is our second and last Jayco. Customer service is as poor as the workmanship of their smaller campers. I’m search of a well made 17ft travel trailer.
- Garry Shubert, Georgia

2019-01-26 2017 Jayco Hummingbird 17FD View Listings

First the positives: this little trailer is easy to tow, setup and has a nice dining area. It only weighs around 3k and can be towed by a smaller pickup or SUV. The bed is a short queen not intended for taller occupants. I would not recommend this bed for seniors because of the height and difficulty to makeup the bed. This is the hardest mattress I’ve attempted to sleep on. According to Jayco they’ve remedied this with a different mattress. Be very cautious when selecting your dealer and read as many reviews as possible. They can make your rv buying experience terrible. The service department is usually undermanned, underpaid and too busy for you. Read your warranty throughly.
- Bob Van Buskirk, Washington

2018-09-01 2017 Jayco Hummingbird 17RB View Listings

On August of 2017, my left awning arm was completely destroyed due to a suspected design flaw on my RV. Jayco installed an incorrect door grab bar which allowed it to be opened all the way to the left. When I closed my awning, the awning bar struck the grab bar and bent the awning bar to the extent it could not be opened or closed. Jayco was contacted after I had the repair made. Almost a full year passed before Jayco responeded via a phone call indicating that they had consulted with their legal department and were not responsible for the damage. I cant speak for anyone else, but this is very very poor customer service.
- Chris wadlington, Louisiana

2018-08-03 2017 Jayco Hummingbird 17RK View Listings

We bought our Hummingbird new in 2017. First, the brake system would not work. This was repaired properly. Then we found that the Norcold refrigerator would not cool while travelling. The frig would precool to low 30's, but while travelling, the temperature would climb to 60 or more. It would again cool while parked over night. The propane flame stayed on while travelling. It does not blow out. There is just a problem with cooling while travelling.
- David Heide, Texas