Jayco Greyhawk

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Greyhawk RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Edward Rorabaugh from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y View Listings

Worst piece of high priced junk that we have ever bought . We bought this motorhome in Tampa Fl We left Tampa 8:30 at night and soon realized that this RV had a very serious driveline problem that the Dealership should have know about . When driving above 60 mph the noise from the driveline sounded like we were driving on the rumble strips . This motorhome is very unstable and hard to drive also . The next morning we called Tampa RV and asked to get us someone to check out the RV. He gave us three places to call but no one could help us out . We called him back but got message machine and told him no one could help . HE did not call us back . We tried three camping worlds no help . Called three Ford Dealerships First two said no and finally found Davenport Iowa Courtesy Ford said they would work on it . 1500 miles latter we arrived at Courtesy Ford and they said this is a factory problem and will have to take to dealer in Indiana Jayco Factory . This is a problem that Jayco and the selling dealer already knew about and the RV was sold to us anyway . The People at factory are accommodating but this problem should not have been passed on the unsuspecting customer . It has caused us lost time, money and a lot of grief and stress. The driveline problem is only one of many problems that the selling dealer should have know about . IF YOU BUY JACO PRODUCTS BUYER BEWARE. This is my last JAYCO product . The only thing that we can say good about this experience is guy at Jayco has been very helpful with the problems that we are having and is taking care of us. We always thought that Jayco products were top of the line but not now .
- Edward Rorabaugh, Florida

2021-09-04 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

purchased 06/2020. Please keep in mind our RV is our current residence. It wasn’t our current residence until this April. *our black tank or piping is leaking.*. There has been an awful Oder in the camper. We looked under the camper and noticed the the undercarriage protector filled up under the camper. We cut the undercarriage protector to relive the water. Black water came pouring out. Awning doesn’t work at all. Door to the cargo area doesn’t shut unless you pickup on it hard. (We had in service and they patched it up. Stoped working two days later. The plastic pieces in the hinges keep breaking, poorly engineered piece. Should never use plastic. It’s going to break every time). Crank for the awning gets stuck beds and ripped off the wall twice. (We had in for service already and it ripped off again) Patty spoke to at campers in There’s two spots In the floor that need fixed. Living room in front of cargo bay there a whole covered by flooring and in Main bedroom before right after the bed there’s a gap in the floor. Very weak. Bunks don’t lock in, slides get stuck and have a hard time going in or out (took in three times to be repaired), gasket for generator missing been ordered since we bought, outside side skirt damaged when purchased been on order since we bought. AC keeps freezing up. We have to turn off to defrost at least once a day. Fridge keeps freezing up. Milk goes bad in fridge In 3 days. Anything on top shelf freezes anything dairy on bottom shelf goes bad in three days. Yellow Light on front of camper is burnt out. Outside speakers don’t work right. The volume is very minimum (problem since we had it. Worked twice ever). The support legs for the benches in cargo area don’t stay up. Pins broken since day one.) The sensors for the tanks don’t work and never have. The gray and black tanks always say full. Tail lights fell off that was repaired
- Megan Danner, South Carolina

2021-08-28 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

There's no place like home, that is unless you're in the 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 30 Z, the absolute best floor plan of any RV with comfy theatre seating facing directly into a 50 inch HD TV or the mesmerizing fireplace when you're relaxing after a full day of exploring the country. With all the comforts of home, this Ford E450 chassis tows your vehicle with ease especially when using the tow/haul mode for extra climbing gears and extra engine breaking gears descending. With two A/C units, propane furnace and electric heater fireplace, this RV is perfect for all year round camping.
- Laurence Rosen, Florida

2021-07-26 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

We absolutely love it! Lots of room for us and our 3 fur pups. It drives like a dream with no issues on highways at all. Easy to maneuver in small streets and areas. We have driven from FL through the Tennessee mountains. Love it 😊
- Shaney Matthews, Georgia

2021-07-22 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

This lady is a waste of time. We did the whole process and she pulled out of the contract. She’s unethical and suspicious to be completely honest. Wasted our time and money. Beware of this seller. Also they listed on a nationwide site but then only wanted to complete the sale if we were local and paying cash. The seller did not show up to the notary and failed on completing specific performance. Beware beware beware. She also held my deposit even after she refused to get the paperwork done. Complete waste of time.
- Patti Rood, Louisiana

2021-07-17 2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

All of these problems took place on an extended trip out west from Florida. We started out with 1800 miles on the unit. Toilet flush water connection started leaking, I replaced it. Water filter connections started leaking, I removed the filter unit and bypassed it. The TV antenna didn't work, found it had never been connected, I connected it. Water pump connections started leaking, I repaired them. Water pump quit working, found bad connection at outdoor shower switch. I fixed that. Leveling system quit working. Called Lippert tech support they walked me through resetting the system. Found out my dealer had given me the wrong manual for my unit. That took care of it. Power monitoring system quit working. Called tech support, tech had me look at all connections, found RJ-45 comm connection came off at control panel, apparently it wasn't seated properly. Drain under kitchen sink was leaking. Found pipe from "P" trap cut too short. Replaced with longer pipe. Water started leaking from shower enclosure. Saw no traces of caulk. Fixed problem by caulking shower enclosure. Kitchen sink started leaking, again. Found little to no plumbers putty around sink drain. Pulled other drain and same thing. Replaced both with correct amount of plumbers putty. This fixed the leak. Started hearing a flapping noise while going down the road. Climbed on roof and found second (bedroom) AC unit cover not installed properly. I removed the cover and reinstalled it properly. This took care of the noise One of the ceiling lights in the bathroom started flashing. Removed the fixture and found a bad electrical connection. I fixed it. After driving through rain, one of the underneath storage bins was full of water. Upon closer inspection and comparing it to the other bins I found no mounting screws or sealant on bottom of bin opening. I reattached it with screws I had and sealed the bin. This took care of the problem. So, after a 6200 mile trip, I think I have all the bugs worked out. However, I now carry a complete repair kit onboard the unit which includes several different styles of 1/2" Sharkbite fittings, several feet of 1/2" pex tubing, pex cutters, plumbers putty, 1/2" plumbing connections, which, by the way, are the same as standard faucet fittings and a large assortment of stainless steel fasteners. I also carry my high end Fluke multimeter with me and a vast array of wiring connections and wire. A complete set of hand tools and cordless drill in the event the leveling jacks would ever need to be manually retracted. We love our camper, but Jayco's quality is not what it used to be. This is the fourth Jayco unit we've owned and it is by far the worst when it comes to quality craftsmanship and components.
- Matt Rice, Florida

2021-06-26 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

No bad experiences very happy with this RV drive ability is very good. Good quality built. Gas mileage average pulling a car 10 MPG. No damage to any part of the RV, no scratches or dents anywhere on the vehicle. Oven has never been used.
- Jim Sanders, Mississippi

2021-06-15 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

This is an easy driving, very livable RV. Comfortable living quarters, super solid construction. Set up to tow with a capacity of 7500 pounds. Sleeps 6. Comfortable theatre seating with a 50" LCD TV, DVD player. Lots of deep cupboard space. Underneath storage is spacious. Powerful V10 Ford.
- Brad R Smedley, Washington

2021-06-13 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

This is an easy driving, spacious Class C motorhome. J-Ride suspension makes for an easy drive similar to a long bed pickup - no swaying. Living quarters are spacious and well made. Towing capacity is best in class and can pull 7500 pounds.
- Brad R Smedley, Washington

2021-06-10 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME View Listings

This was our first RV that we purchased. I must have read hundreds of reviews, followed many forums, and talked to different owners before we purchased. I placed 5 stars in each of the categories as our experience has been great. Starting with the dealer who gave us the walk through before driving off, to our first call into Jayco Cust Service, and overall experience. There were several things we liked and foremost was the storage capacity, especially the pass through storage space. We enjoyed having the Entertainment Center above the cab, and even though it took sleeping space away, there was still a pull out bed. One of the things we were very happy was that we opted for the unit that had 2 air conditioners, one for the front part of the RV and one for the bedroom. You will not regret having two. While this unit has the J-Ride system, we experienced being pushed around on the road when big rigs would go by. So we upgraded to a roadmaster steering stabilizer system and it was one of our best decisions. It helps immensely. We enjoy camping and we would buy a similar unit in the future. Jayco makes a great RV.
- Ricky Barnes, Texas

2021-05-04 2021 Jayco Greyhawk View Listings

I ordered a 2021 jayco greyhawk 27u in nov of 2020 and now its may 4th and still haven't arrived yet. I payed in full for the rv and making monthly payments and not in my possession. Listen to me all rv buyers stay away from this one I swear.it needs a power steering pump and it seems like done everything in my part to find it. No one else will help get this rv home to me. Stuck in davenport iowa. Please be careful its not covid its there breaking down before the get to dealer. Its nothing but a horror story. Got questions give me a call 970 326 5472
- Anthony maneotis, Colorado

2021-04-18 2012 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

Our family of five have used our Greyhawk to travel the country, for weeks at a time. Plenty of storage, living/sleeping space and entertainment to keep the whole family happy. The separate bathroom with the instant hot water system was a blessing for the 4 ladies in my family. The unit is very easy to drive, and has plenty of power, even when towing a vehicle behind.
- Jim Atkins, Michigan

2021-03-02 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

Floor plate was what decided it for us - having couch and dinette across from each other makes it easier for visiting than when all in a row. The cab-over entertainment center and cupboards are excellent. There is ample storage throughout this Unit. Lighting is excellent. The oven is a bit small. The bed I thought was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on. We towed a 1999 Saturn wagon and the unit hardly knew it was there. The on demand water heater was excellent - giving you the ability to set the water temperature for your shower with just opening the HW shower valve. While the cab over does limit your view - we got used to it very quickly. The auto-leveling system is excellent. The AC/Heatpump is definitely the way to go in mildly cold weather so as not to have to use propane for heat. A very nice product the Jayco Greyhawk 30X.
- Ross MacDonald, British Columbia

2020-12-31 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y View Listings

Quality control has been a huge issue with this RV. Fortunately, we have not had major issues like some reviewers have noted. However, for a brand new unit there have been a distressing amount of mistakes/oversights and problems. The first day we had it and started pulling things apart to take a deeper look we noticed a water leak in the storage compartment under the bed - we traced this to the shower drain and learned that the pipe was never hooked up at all. Good thing we caught it before we took a shower. Then, as my daughter was using the kitchen sink, the faucet fell off. The bathroom medicine cabinet was installed upside down. The driver and passenger seats are stuffed into the cab so tightly that you cannot access the map pockets in the door with the doors closed. The radio touch screen quit working, and the GPS was so unreliable I quit using it after one time. The radio comes on when you use the turn signal, then turns off. After 3 months the cabin door quit opening all the way, it'll open a little, then you have to muscle it the rest of the way. I could go on, but I'll stop here. The sad part is, I would have laughed off most of these issues and just fixed them if this was a used RV. Fact is, this was a BRAND NEW RV right off the lot. These problems should have been prevented and/or caught and fixed before it ever left the line. We thought Jayco still made top of the line RV's. Not anymore. I may buy a pre-2007 Jayco, but I would never buy a new one again. I would also like to add that while Jayco customer service was terrible, our RV dealer (Whitehorse RV) has been wonderful. They have fixed every issue in a timely manner, and with no run-around.
- Jennifer Dickinson, New Jersey

2020-11-30 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

This is a very well laid out motorhome. After some suggested options added, it drives very well also. Wife and I travelled 5800 miles for 5 weeks August and September. Could not go to many State and Federal campgrounds as they were closed because of covid. We have decided we like travelling enough we will do the opposite of most and get a bigger motorhome. We do travel with another couple and/or grandkids regularly.
- William McKinley, Missouri

2020-10-16 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

This RV has been perfect for my husband and I, our two daughters, and two Golden Retrievers. Plenty of room for us all to cook, work, eat, sleep, watch TV, chill. The storage is amazing! I could pretty much bring my entire closet of clothes on hangers and put them in the wardrobe in the bedroom! I didn't have to worry about over packing, or leaving things behind because of all the storage! The bathroom cabinets allow you to bring all necessary medications and toiletries and store them conveniently. 3 burners on the stove, plenty of room to store pots/pans, dishes, nice pantry, everything you need. The refrigerator is 8 cubic feet with a freezer, so it is easy to bring along a weeks worth of food to prepare. We had room for 2 large dog feeder stands, dog beds, toys, and storage for their food for 3 weeks! The slide outs are wonderful and really make the living space comfortable! Sleeping was comfortable in the Queen bed, and the overhead loft above the cab. Using the dining seats and couch as a bed, would be good for small children, but not real comfy for adults. I loved having the shower, it saved a lot of quarters in campsites to be able to clean up in your own RV. Plenty of room for towels. The automatic leveling jacks are amazing and so easy to use anywhere you camp. There is a huge amount of external storage on the RV for chairs, tables, large items. The RV comes with an attached outdoor propane grill which is convenient to use and nice to have your own. There is an outdoor shower so you can wash off muddy dogs, feet etc. so you don't have to drag it into the RV. The automatic awning with lights is nice to use at night by the fire pit and picnic table. We have loved this RV the last 5 years, so why sell it? It's just my husband and I now, so it is way bigger than what we need. We also thought we would be using it more than we have been able to get away. We have been the only owners, no accidents or problems. Everything works! It is stored inside when not in use, so we have taken very good care of it! It still smells new! Please e-mail us for more information and pictures of this wonderful vehicle!
- Cindy Golden, Nebraska

2020-10-10 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

I have had my Jayco for 3 years and I LOVE my RV. All the sleeping space was great when extended family traveled with me. About a year ago I took out the top bunk, rebuilt the lower bunk frame to be wider and make it into a more comfortable "bedroom" for my 70 year old mother. I am religious about the oil changes and I drive it every 3 weeks regardless of what the weather is like. Overall I think the quality is better than I expected - driving is a breeze. My only grip is more about the class C than my Jayco - the driver cab is tight. Its hard to get in and out of the cab into the living area. Overall I think this is a great RV!
- H Messer, New Jersey

2020-09-05 2021 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

Purchased from See Grins RV Dealership in Gilroy, CA 7/7/20. Picked up. 7/9/20. We bought it with 2233 miles on the engine. We loved the floor plan. It really worked for us. We loved the queen bed in back. It was almost a full sized queen. We loved the fireplace. We loved the luxury feel of this Jayco. However, we initially started having problems with the RV during our first trip on 7/11/20 when all of the cameras malfunctioned and the whole leveling system malfunctioned. We had less than 2500 miles on the engine at that time. Returned for repairs on: 7/17/20 1. Malfunction with manual and auto leveling system. 2. Malfunction with side cameras and rear cameras. Picked up RV on 7/20/20. Days use lost (4) Returned for repairs again: 7/22/20 after noticing Leak in Black Water Tank. Turned out to be quite extensive and took16 days. Picked up on 8/6/20. Total days use lost (20) 8/18/20-8/21/20 (Trip to Arizona) On our trip we noticed the Black Water Tank starts to empty slowly when handle is pulled to empty. Also noticed that the sensor seems to be functioning improperly - often showing that the black water tank is 2/3 full even though we’ve only used it a few times. *We planned on taking the RV back into different RV Dealership for repairs upon conclusion of our AZ trip. However, a major engine malfunction happened on the 8/21/20. On our trip coming back from Arizona on 8/21/20 the “Service Traction Control” light came on twice. Once in Blythe, and we pulled over for gas. When we turned the engine back on, it was corrected (it was off). Around Pasadena, the “Service Traction Control” light came on again and we were not able to use Cruise Control. We pulled off, turned off the engine and consulted with the manual and looked at online resources. All of the resources stated that there was no indication that there was anything critical happening. And we were not going to be met with any adverse weather conditions. It turned off near Pasadena and did not come back on again. We planned on getting it checked when we got back home at a Ford Dealership. On 8/21/20 at approximately 1830 hours we lost the Power Steering on I-5N at bottom of grade. We were in a VERY unsafe location to stop so husband tried to “Muscle” it as far as we could. I was calling AAA and they were not willing to tow us because we were too far and due to COVID, they are also unable to provide a ride for us and our daughter in law and 8 year old grandson who were with us. Husband tried to go as far as he could going around 45mph because we knew that it was extremely far for relatives to come get us. Then around 2000 hours we lost brakes (mostly) near Hwy 119 at Taft. Husband had to pull off. It was way too dangerous to continue. My grandson and my daughter in law were already strapped in with seatbelts, but I grabbed every pillow I could to pack around my grandson at this point. We were terrified. Husband was able to pull off and stop. Looked around in all the paperwork and found Jayco Tow number as AAA was still unwilling to tow us. Called for tow that came at midnight on 8/22/20. Towed to storage yard until Monday. RV towed to Jim Burke Ford dealership in Bakersfield California on Monday at 8/24/20. Received a call from representative from Jim Burke Ford on Friday, 8/28/20. The service representative said that he drove the RV on the lot and he said that the failure is the power steering pump. And there is definitely something wrong with the brakes. Was contacted a few days later and said that the part is very hard to get and not expected to get it until 10/9/20. And then they can work on it. Then after that they can check the brakes. Then after that, they can check the traction control. We will be without our BRAND NEW Jayco RV for TWO MONTHS for these repairs. And it is 4 hours away from our home. Ford Warranty, Jayco Warranty, and the Dealership are not making this right with us. We are getting the runaround. We are without an RV. Very unfair situation. Can you say LEMON?!
- Robyn Rodriguez, California

2020-08-05 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

Love Hate relationship. Drives great and smooth. Great use of space. Lots of bells and whistles. BUT with 10,000 miles stabilizer pump and reservoir fell off. Single metal bracket weld broke. Needs above and below brackets.(2) Black tank blew off because water hose Hooked on without valve open. Human error BUT pressure bypass would prevent it. Every dealership has dealt with this. Time to fix. BUT>>> we love our Greyhawk PS. Wish there was a recliner
- Carl urquhart , New Brunswick

2020-07-19 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

2016 Jayco GreyHawk 31 FS is the best. We have had tons of fun with this unit camping locally + seeing many national parks + points of interest throughout the USA. We took a 6 week west coast trip last year enjoying stops in Tuscon AZ, Las Vegas NV, San Francisco CA, the CA coastline, Oregon coastline, Portland OR, Seattle and state of Washington, Washington DC + many other places. This unit is a breeze to set up, has a great floorplan + can accommodate several people. With the Jride+ pkg the driving was smooth, safe + almost effortless. Grandkids loved it too.
- Jeff, Tennessee

2020-07-14 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

We bought a brand new 2018 Jayco Greyhawk two years ago. It has been an absolute nightmare. It has had a laundry list of issues since the day they bought it. The bed above the cab had a leak and the night we took possession of it we noted it was all wet under the mattress with black mold. We took it back and said we didn’t want it but Rvsalesdept Tampa (Tampa RV) (where we bought it) said they were sorry but it was now considered “used” and wouldn’t take it back. In the next few days we discovered the automatic levelers didn’t work, the shower drain fell out and flooded the floor under the refrigerator, the shower door was installed backwards and would drench the bathroom floor if you tried to take a shower, the refrigerator would drain the battery and start “chirping” in the middle of the night, the toilet was not mounted straight and leaked out the back, the gas would not flow in correctly and needed to be all rebuilt, the USB ports in the dashboard and under the dinette did not work, the awning rolled out when you would push “in” and out when you pushed “out”, the outlets In the kitchen did not work, none of the outdoor storage locks would lock, the GPS did not work, the back-up camera did not work. These are just a few of the problems. It has been in the service department for the better part of the two year warranty and Jayco refuses to increase the warranty. We are so disappointed and would not recommend that anyone buy a Jayco. I will say that R and R in Spokane Valley has been wonderful and have bent over backwards to correct all the problems. Thank you R and R! Travel plans have been busted - and there’s new issues. Warranty expires in August 2020. Now what Jayco??!?
- Margy Kroeze, Washington

2020-02-26 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

Very easy to drive. With JRIDE plus feature the ride is smooth and you don't get buffeted around with the wind or passing semis. Auto leveling makes he set up extremely easy and quick. Great layout with bunks set up and kitchen/living area easily accessible. Love this unit.
- Jeff, Illinois

2020-02-05 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 31F View Listings

Brand New RV and within days noticed a mold/mildew problem. The customer service sent me to a number of different shops for the above issues and many more problems. Customer service does good with easy problems, but when it gets more expensive then service gets bad. There was little to no help in finding the leak causing the mold/mildew problems. I had to buy a moisture sensor and carefully hunt down the problem. Got some of the leaks fixed, widows resealed and for resealed, but there is another leak I haven't found and customer service tells me if I don't find it they won't help. Most of the problem is in quality control of the RV and equipment. An example of the bad customer service is their either not knowing what is going on or just lying. The customer service supervisor apologized for how upset I was. I wanted an apology for them making me upset. His apology made me feel he felt my feelings were not justified. That just made me more upset. There is a flaw in the furnace that keeps making it fail. Jayco has paid for it's repairs, but I don't want an undependable furnace. They should offer to replace it or to fix the flaw.
- Tim Walker, Idaho

2020-01-20 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

Loved everything about this class C except for truck cab! Seems like they went backwards and didn't even show options if buyer wanted to upgrade. Truck has "basic utility" feel and at this price range is really disappointing. Long trips will be taxing on driver & passenger due to uncomfortable seats!
- Kate Hannah, South Carolina

2019-12-12 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y View Listings

Purchased June 30 2018. Over the next 8 months little things went bad. Vibrations and driveline noises, and lots of trim issues caused by poor assembly. Ford dealer fixed the vibration and driveline noises in half a day. Jayco dealer had it for the next three months. They got no help from the factory. They replaced the entry door twice before they got one that fit so it didn’t leak. After having it back for 2 weeks the generator quit. Off to the dealer again. They fixed in a day. The next time I went to use it the refrigerator wouldn’t work. That was in middle of Nov. made appointment, now it’s still sitting at camping world waiting to get fixed.
- Mark, Arizona