Jayco Greyhawk RVs Reviews (36)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Greyhawk RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Edward Rorabaugh from Florida says:

Have you owned any Jayco Greyhawk RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y View Listings

Worst piece of high priced junk that we have ever bought . We bought this motorhome in Tampa Fl We left Tampa 8:30 at night and soon realized that this RV had a very serious driveline problem that the Dealership should have know about . When driving above 60 mph the noise from the driveline sounded like we were driving on the rumble strips . This motorhome is very unstable and hard to drive also . The next morning we called Tampa RV and asked to get us someone to check out the RV. He gave us three places to call but no one could help us out . We called him back but got message machine and told him no one could help . HE did not call us back . We tried three camping worlds no help . Called three Ford Dealerships First two said no and finally found Davenport Iowa Courtesy Ford said they would work on it . 1500 miles latter we arrived at Courtesy Ford and they said this is a factory problem and will have to take to dealer in Indiana Jayco Factory . This is a problem that Jayco and the selling dealer already knew about and the RV was sold to us anyway . The People at factory are accommodating but this problem should not have been passed on the unsuspecting customer . It has caused us lost time, money and a lot of grief and stress. The driveline problem is only one of many problems that the selling dealer should have know about . IF YOU BUY JACO PRODUCTS BUYER BEWARE. This is my last JAYCO product . The only thing that we can say good about this experience is guy at Jayco has been very helpful with the problems that we are having and is taking care of us. We always thought that Jayco products were top of the line but not now .
- Edward Rorabaugh, Florida

2019-09-30 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS View Listings

Great rig lots of room for kids and their friends!! Great way to travel! Quality built and standard options are other manufacturers costly add ones. Rides and drives like a truck. Superior products and nice design. Interior colors and cabinets top quality
- Dianne, North Carolina

2019-09-24 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 33DS View Listings

High quality construction, roomy and comfortable for travel and camping. The ride is smooth and great power pulling boat, or tow car. Floor plan is open with private bedroom in back. Great storage inside and out. The bathroom is easy to move about in both I shower and out. We are tall family and the bunk above easily slept our 6’5 son and his wife or 3 grandkids. Always get lots of compliments on this RV appearance and design.
- Debbie, Oregon

2019-09-11 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

I love driving this motorhome and setup is really easy, like the dinette and kitchen layout. Would have loved having recliners instead of couch and also having the tv on a swivel & of course a comfortable mattress.
- Bonnie Lemar, Alabama

2019-09-02 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

We like the way this unit drives and the floor plan lay out. We just wish we could put gas in it. Been back to dealer twice not much improvement. Started investigating problem found out Jayco says it’s Ford problem and Ford says it’s Jaycos problem. I can tell you this it shouldn’t take 40 minutes to put in 20 gallons of gas. Hope this helps someone with their choice for a motor home we wish we would have know about this before we purchased this one.
- Lange Tom, Ohio

2019-08-10 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME View Listings

I have owned this RV for about a year. It is a fantastic floor plan, drives, tows and lives great. My family has really enjoyed this thing and I love how easy it is to set up and get ready to leave.
- Dave, Indiana

2019-08-08 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME View Listings

Classy! In my opinion, the best floor plan. Others have the dinette and sofa side along one wall, or the shower across the hall from the bathroom. With 3 sliders, this coach feels spacious, and accommodates lots of people. 8 seats have seat belts. Queen bed with Denver mattress really comfy. I was surprised how much storage space (87 cu. ft.), and how smoothly the Ford E-450 drives. Climbs hills and passes with ease. We drove across Michigan with the front edge of a storm packing 65+ mph winds. She handled the wind well. Really impressed by Jayco workmanship, and the design details. There's storage, outlets, switches, etc. everywhere you want them to be. Our model came without two things: a mounted ladder and slider toppers (awnings). We remedied those by packing a step-ladder in the huge rear pass-through storage space, and having slider toppers installed. Zero complaints. We could live in this very comfortably for weeks at a time.
- drtedmiller@gmail.com, Michigan

2019-07-23 2003 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS View Listings

When we decided to commit & buy a motorhome we were shocked at the prices for new ones so bought this used 2003, about 8 years ago with lo-mileage. Couldn't ask for a more forgiving RV for beginners and now that we're seasoned users, it's a treat to take out for about a week almost every month since we got it! After the 1st few trips and our fair share of mistakes we could not have been happier! We've looked at lots of RVs owned by friends and other campers we've met. Comparatively speaking, the Greyhawk 31SS is solidly built as any we've seen, easy to drive (like a big car?), reliable & serviceable. It has beautiful cabinetry and interior appointments, plenty of room & it's fun to use. Now at 16 years old with 22,000 miles & a set of new tires, it still feels and looks almost new. The original Ford radio is terrible but I don't use it so...? Factory support & Engineering have been great any time I've called or e-mailed them for assistance. The STRONG V10 engine, overdrive transmission, so-so mileage, have made it a joy to drive in comfort over varied terrain. The only thing that's "worn out" besides tires? The CD players inside and out - both died. We've thoroughly enjoyed our Greyhawk! It's not extravagant but it's a SOLID, reliable working family's motorhome with everything WE'VE ever needed. Congratulations go to Jayco for their excellent build and service. If we decide to change or upgrade, first look will be at another Jayco RV.
- G&MJVK , California

2019-06-28 2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

I love driving this Class C, as opposed to Class A coaches. It is easy to handle and not at all stressful. As for quality, Jayco makes A1 quality vehicles. Ours is six years old and everything is working fine. It still looks like new inside and out.
- Linda, California

2019-06-11 2010 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS View Listings

The Jayco Greyhawk 31SS is an absolutely superb RV with a great floor plan that's incredibly comfortable to drive and live in with all the comforts of home. Most impressive is the internal cupboard storage room with volumes of space for small kitchen appliances, groceries and gadgets galore. Towing a car dolly and car with it is effortless. Lastly, the external storage room is more than ample and driving it is as easy as a panel Van. Should have bought one a long time ago!!! This one hasn't disappointed us at all, so I highly recommend this model for anyone considering an RV - whether a class A or Class C.
- Nick, Ontario

2019-05-21 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

Not owning a rv.the first time week taken down to az for the winter.living in the rv for 3 months was very livable. Very easy to get around inside.driving not a problem in the mans a on the flats.rain snow handled very good.
- William, Colorado

2019-05-09 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS View Listings

To me Jayco is a great bad and more top of the line compared to some. It is rooms and has some upgrades that's others we looked at did not have. Auto leveling. Auto awning. Outdoor shower. It's 31 foot and easy to drive. It has it's own generator so dry camping is easy.
- Kelley palmer, Georgia

2019-04-05 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME View Listings

We camped this winter for 6 weeks. First time my wife and I camped that long. We were concerned if we would like living in an RV for 6 weeks. Both of us were very happy. Easy to cook meals and plenty room for the both of us. Only time we felt cramped is when both of us was in the hall way at the same time. If we walked past each other we had to slide our way around a bit. Besides that...the layout is real good. Love the three slides. Cannot talk about Jayco quality since Thor has purchased Jayco. This 2016 however was built before the sale.Top notch. Drives exceptionally well...very little sway. Engine has plenty power and back end is set up to tow. I called Jayco once to inquire about the RV. They were patient and had total history. Very helpful. We searched and studied before purchasing this Jayco Greyhawk. Glad we did..Good choice.
- chip shrode, Indiana

2019-02-06 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

The greyhawk is a great handling rv and the 31fs is great floor plan for a family of 5 or 6. The quality is questionable at best. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one unless you're ready to work. They take a lot of TLC to keep up and parts and pieces do not hold up. If you buy new, make sure you understand the warranty. Especially as it relates to leaks. Jayco states it has a 2 year warranty but not against any leaks. Only 6 months. These things are held together with cheap screws, pop rivets and caulk. Its just a matter of time before you'll start having problems. Got to do your maintenance on them and you'll be fine. But for the money you drop on one of these rigs I would expect more. Also, Jayco is more than willing to work with you on warranty issues which is a plus. Just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer that will take care of there customers. Most of the big RV stores only want to sell and not take care of existing customers. So it's a battle with them to get anything done. Hope I wasn't to negative. It's worth it if you really enjoy camping and use your rig often.
- Stephen Schroeder II, Georgia

2019-01-01 2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS View Listings

This has been a great motor home. We have taken this on quite a few road trips and lived in it for a couple of weeks at a time. When we got to Florida the engine started making some noise. We took it to Kelly Ford in Melbourne and found out the complete motor needed replaced. It now has a new $10,000.00 6.8 l V10 motor that has a factory ford warranty. It should give you many years of great service. A used motor home with 29800 miles that has a new engine with 100 miles and factory ford warranty.
- Mike Christman, Florida

2018-12-15 2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK View Listings

Pretty good class c. Well made. Good chassis. Easy to drive. Comfortable. Appliances worked well. Ford was very good with customer support. Just not big enough for my needs. Would highly recommend.
- Gilbert, Kentucky

2018-10-30 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

This RV has been great traveling across the country and also for extended stays snowbirding. The ride is very smooth with plenty of cab room. The well laid out floorplan and ample storage make travel and camping a great experience. It also has plenty of room for kids and grandkids to join us. Would buy one again!
- Cia, Illinois

2018-10-07 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

Short time that I've owned it, but appears to meet or exceed all expectations. Ease of handling, plenty of storage, love the overhead sleep area (plus others) and the master bedroom. The bathroom/shower is conveniently located for privacy and the huge single slide out is wonderful and simple.
- Leonard Hingle, Missouri

2018-10-01 2010 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK View Listings

Great for the two of us for longer trips. Engine had lots of power for mountains, even with tow car attached. Rides nicely. Great for 3 Gkids for a couple of nights. Adequate room w/slideout even when bad weather out. Never any major problems. Easy to winterize, but could live in it if snowbird.
- Tom, Iowa

2018-07-25 2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

To drive the GrayHawk was easy and pleasurable. Smooth ride with no sway or bounce. The Patented J-Ride is a dream come true. The ability to walk through and utilize the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen is a convience that most other models can’t offer. I drive this over a 17 day period logging 4,215 miles. Minimal driver fatigue. My one complaint is the original on-demand hot water heater was less than acceptable. It’s lack of efficiency was almost dangerous on many occasions. I took it upon myself to contact the heater mfg. (Girard) and they, through testing determined that our heater was faulty and probably so from day one. The unit was replaced with the current version 1.2 and it works like any hot water heater should. If given the chance I would purchase and/or recommend to my family and friends.
- Larry Zielinski, Florida

2018-04-20 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

Was a new design. 30x Toooo many breakdowns going to Texas and back. With under 2000 miles had in for warrenty work for the electronic lift system numerous times to include system breaking from the frame, repair bill for welding 2inches $400. Slideout and other misc proplems. Talked to Jayco corp, they suggested I bring back to manafacture and they would PDI it. PDI should of happened before it left. AFTER months in repair shop , the dealer I purchased from did an outstanding job of repairing and correcting the warrenty work. This was our 2d and last Jayco. Traded in in. NOTE: The suspension/ride was outstanding.. More quality control PRIOR to leaving the Jayco plant..
- Big Al, Ohio

2018-01-14 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

I bought the 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 30XP because I wanted the ability to pull 7500 lbs. and still have good handling and drivability. It is nearly impossible to find a class c unit that has a high tow rating without getting into a really expensive diesel. When I was purchasing my unit I noticed it was missing the sink and stove covers, the dealership stated that they would order them (I still have not received the covers 6 months later). I took my new unit to my storage lot opened the slide and started the move in process. When I was finished and pulled the slide in, the slide caught on the linoleum and created a large tare. A few days later I went back to the unit to pack it with food for a trip and at which time I realized the refrigerator was not working, nor was the water pump. It was repaired and we left on our journey. During the trip (Lake Powell) my unit started to flood. Not a small flood, my unit bathroom was holding about 2 inches of water (twice). I tried to sop up the water with towels but it continued to drip out of my unit for about 5 hours. The water also went into the body storage and drenched everything in there. I stopped using the water for the remainder of the trip and immediately took it to the dealership. They found that the piping under the unit had broken it half. Other problems with the unit have been the door handle has locked us out of the main entrance because it does not latch right. The Garmin navigation intermittently works. On occasion it just shuts off and I cannot get it to turn back on until I give up. Also, the leveling system has not been accurately leveling the unit. From the drivers perspective it handles like a dream. It is so easy to drive and even pulling a 6500 lb. boat. I do live in Colorado and have taken it over several mountain passes. Without towing it pulls a pass at about 45 mph. When towing it does around 30 – 35 mph. I am going to call the drivers cab a bit archaic because it does not have modern conveniences for a $100,000 unit. The stereo is terrible. I haven’t heard anything that sounded this bad since my 1979 Ford Pinto. They tell me to take in to Car Toys to upgrade the stereo. Did I mention that the stereo is integrated into the Garmin that works intermittently? I could upgrade the speakers and sound system and it would sometimes work. Lastly, the passenger seat only has one position because there is a couch behind it. The position is sitting almost straight up with your knees nearly pushed into the dashboard. My unit has spent more time at the dealership than in my possession and it has been in a broken state in the entirety of the 6 months I have owned it. It is there right now and I just got an email from the dealership stating that the linoleum (which I ordered back in July) is no longer available. My advice is don’t purchase this unit until they work out all of the bugs. I have a feeling this is not the end of the problems….
- Joli, Colorado

2017-10-26 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS View Listings

shower is large. Kitchen is large. A lots of storage more than we need. The automatic leveling jacks are the best. Everything it easy to get to and maintain.
- tim d, California

2017-10-04 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

electrical issues with leveling jacks and refrigerator, jacks are still not working after a repair try. the light switch is in the middle of the camper not at the door where it should be. storage underneath is so small you cant put a folding chair in it. no clips to hold up cargo doors. i wish i could do a do-over and not buy this motorhome, very dissatisfied.
- paul zaenglein, New York

2017-07-26 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS View Listings

Its a great vehicle for traveling the states and enjoying the vistas. Its comfortable and roomy.................................................................................................................................
- YOLANDA, Texas