Jayco Greyhawk Reviews on RV Insider (48)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Greyhawk RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Edward Rorabaugh from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y View Listings

Worst piece of high priced junk that we have ever bought . We bought this motorhome in Tampa Fl We left Tampa 8:30 at night and soon realized that this RV had a very serious driveline problem that the Dealership should have know about . When driving above 60 mph the noise from the driveline sounded like we were driving on the rumble strips . This motorhome is very unstable and hard to drive also . The next morning we called Tampa RV and asked to get us someone to check out the RV. He gave us three places to call but no one could help us out . We called him back but got message machine and told him no one could help . HE did not call us back . We tried three camping worlds no help . Called three Ford Dealerships First two said no and finally found Davenport Iowa Courtesy Ford said they would work on it . 1500 miles latter we arrived at Courtesy Ford and they said this is a factory problem and will have to take to dealer in Indiana Jayco Factory . This is a problem that Jayco and the selling dealer already knew about and the RV was sold to us anyway . The People at factory are accommodating but this problem should not have been passed on the unsuspecting customer . It has caused us lost time, money and a lot of grief and stress. The driveline problem is only one of many problems that the selling dealer should have know about . IF YOU BUY JACO PRODUCTS BUYER BEWARE. This is my last JAYCO product . The only thing that we can say good about this experience is guy at Jayco has been very helpful with the problems that we are having and is taking care of us. We always thought that Jayco products were top of the line but not now .
- Edward Rorabaugh, Florida

2020-10-16 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

This RV has been perfect for my husband and I, our two daughters, and two Golden Retrievers. Plenty of room for us all to cook, work, eat, sleep, watch TV, chill. The storage is amazing! I could pretty much bring my entire closet of clothes on hangers and put them in the wardrobe in the bedroom! I didn't have to worry about over packing, or leaving things behind because of all the storage! The bathroom cabinets allow you to bring all necessary medications and toiletries and store them conveniently. 3 burners on the stove, plenty of room to store pots/pans, dishes, nice pantry, everything you need. The refrigerator is 8 cubic feet with a freezer, so it is easy to bring along a weeks worth of food to prepare. We had room for 2 large dog feeder stands, dog beds, toys, and storage for their food for 3 weeks! The slide outs are wonderful and really make the living space comfortable! Sleeping was comfortable in the Queen bed, and the overhead loft above the cab. Using the dining seats and couch as a bed, would be good for small children, but not real comfy for adults. I loved having the shower, it saved a lot of quarters in campsites to be able to clean up in your own RV. Plenty of room for towels. The automatic leveling jacks are amazing and so easy to use anywhere you camp. There is a huge amount of external storage on the RV for chairs, tables, large items. The RV comes with an attached outdoor propane grill which is convenient to use and nice to have your own. There is an outdoor shower so you can wash off muddy dogs, feet etc. so you don't have to drag it into the RV. The automatic awning with lights is nice to use at night by the fire pit and picnic table. We have loved this RV the last 5 years, so why sell it? It's just my husband and I now, so it is way bigger than what we need. We also thought we would be using it more than we have been able to get away. We have been the only owners, no accidents or problems. Everything works! It is stored inside when not in use, so we have taken very good care of it! It still smells new! Please e-mail us for more information and pictures of this wonderful vehicle!
- Cindy Golden, Nebraska

2020-10-10 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

I have had my Jayco for 3 years and I LOVE my RV. All the sleeping space was great when extended family traveled with me. About a year ago I took out the top bunk, rebuilt the lower bunk frame to be wider and make it into a more comfortable "bedroom" for my 70 year old mother. I am religious about the oil changes and I drive it every 3 weeks regardless of what the weather is like. Overall I think the quality is better than I expected - driving is a breeze. My only grip is more about the class C than my Jayco - the driver cab is tight. Its hard to get in and out of the cab into the living area. Overall I think this is a great RV!
- H Messer, New Jersey

2020-09-05 2021 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

Purchased from See Grins RV Dealership in Gilroy, CA 7/7/20. Picked up. 7/9/20. We bought it with 2233 miles on the engine. We loved the floor plan. It really worked for us. We loved the queen bed in back. It was almost a full sized queen. We loved the fireplace. We loved the luxury feel of this Jayco. However, we initially started having problems with the RV during our first trip on 7/11/20 when all of the cameras malfunctioned and the whole leveling system malfunctioned. We had less than 2500 miles on the engine at that time. Returned for repairs on: 7/17/20 1. Malfunction with manual and auto leveling system. 2. Malfunction with side cameras and rear cameras. Picked up RV on 7/20/20. Days use lost (4) Returned for repairs again: 7/22/20 after noticing Leak in Black Water Tank. Turned out to be quite extensive and took16 days. Picked up on 8/6/20. Total days use lost (20) 8/18/20-8/21/20 (Trip to Arizona) On our trip we noticed the Black Water Tank starts to empty slowly when handle is pulled to empty. Also noticed that the sensor seems to be functioning improperly - often showing that the black water tank is 2/3 full even though we’ve only used it a few times. *We planned on taking the RV back into different RV Dealership for repairs upon conclusion of our AZ trip. However, a major engine malfunction happened on the 8/21/20. On our trip coming back from Arizona on 8/21/20 the “Service Traction Control” light came on twice. Once in Blythe, and we pulled over for gas. When we turned the engine back on, it was corrected (it was off). Around Pasadena, the “Service Traction Control” light came on again and we were not able to use Cruise Control. We pulled off, turned off the engine and consulted with the manual and looked at online resources. All of the resources stated that there was no indication that there was anything critical happening. And we were not going to be met with any adverse weather conditions. It turned off near Pasadena and did not come back on again. We planned on getting it checked when we got back home at a Ford Dealership. On 8/21/20 at approximately 1830 hours we lost the Power Steering on I-5N at bottom of grade. We were in a VERY unsafe location to stop so husband tried to “Muscle” it as far as we could. I was calling AAA and they were not willing to tow us because we were too far and due to COVID, they are also unable to provide a ride for us and our daughter in law and 8 year old grandson who were with us. Husband tried to go as far as he could going around 45mph because we knew that it was extremely far for relatives to come get us. Then around 2000 hours we lost brakes (mostly) near Hwy 119 at Taft. Husband had to pull off. It was way too dangerous to continue. My grandson and my daughter in law were already strapped in with seatbelts, but I grabbed every pillow I could to pack around my grandson at this point. We were terrified. Husband was able to pull off and stop. Looked around in all the paperwork and found Jayco Tow number as AAA was still unwilling to tow us. Called for tow that came at midnight on 8/22/20. Towed to storage yard until Monday. RV towed to Jim Burke Ford dealership in Bakersfield California on Monday at 8/24/20. Received a call from representative from Jim Burke Ford on Friday, 8/28/20. The service representative said that he drove the RV on the lot and he said that the failure is the power steering pump. And there is definitely something wrong with the brakes. Was contacted a few days later and said that the part is very hard to get and not expected to get it until 10/9/20. And then they can work on it. Then after that they can check the brakes. Then after that, they can check the traction control. We will be without our BRAND NEW Jayco RV for TWO MONTHS for these repairs. And it is 4 hours away from our home. Ford Warranty, Jayco Warranty, and the Dealership are not making this right with us. We are getting the runaround. We are without an RV. Very unfair situation. Can you say LEMON?!
- Robyn Rodriguez, California

2020-08-05 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

Love Hate relationship. Drives great and smooth. Great use of space. Lots of bells and whistles. BUT with 10,000 miles stabilizer pump and reservoir fell off. Single metal bracket weld broke. Needs above and below brackets.(2) Black tank blew off because water hose Hooked on without valve open. Human error BUT pressure bypass would prevent it. Every dealership has dealt with this. Time to fix. BUT>>> we love our Greyhawk PS. Wish there was a recliner
- Carl urquhart , New Brunswick

2020-07-19 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

2016 Jayco GreyHawk 31 FS is the best. We have had tons of fun with this unit camping locally + seeing many national parks + points of interest throughout the USA. We took a 6 week west coast trip last year enjoying stops in Tuscon AZ, Las Vegas NV, San Francisco CA, the CA coastline, Oregon coastline, Portland OR, Seattle and state of Washington, Washington DC + many other places. This unit is a breeze to set up, has a great floorplan + can accommodate several people. With the Jride+ pkg the driving was smooth, safe + almost effortless. Grandkids loved it too.
- Jeff, Tennessee

2020-07-14 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

We bought a brand new 2018 Jayco Greyhawk two years ago. It has been an absolute nightmare. It has had a laundry list of issues since the day they bought it. The bed above the cab had a leak and the night we took possession of it we noted it was all wet under the mattress with black mold. We took it back and said we didn’t want it but Rvsalesdept Tampa (Tampa RV) (where we bought it) said they were sorry but it was now considered “used” and wouldn’t take it back. In the next few days we discovered the automatic levelers didn’t work, the shower drain fell out and flooded the floor under the refrigerator, the shower door was installed backwards and would drench the bathroom floor if you tried to take a shower, the refrigerator would drain the battery and start “chirping” in the middle of the night, the toilet was not mounted straight and leaked out the back, the gas would not flow in correctly and needed to be all rebuilt, the USB ports in the dashboard and under the dinette did not work, the awning rolled out when you would push “in” and out when you pushed “out”, the outlets In the kitchen did not work, none of the outdoor storage locks would lock, the GPS did not work, the back-up camera did not work. These are just a few of the problems. It has been in the service department for the better part of the two year warranty and Jayco refuses to increase the warranty. We are so disappointed and would not recommend that anyone buy a Jayco. I will say that R and R in Spokane Valley has been wonderful and have bent over backwards to correct all the problems. Thank you R and R! Travel plans have been busted - and there’s new issues. Warranty expires in August 2020. Now what Jayco??!?
- Margy Kroeze, Washington

2020-02-26 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

Very easy to drive. With JRIDE plus feature the ride is smooth and you don't get buffeted around with the wind or passing semis. Auto leveling makes he set up extremely easy and quick. Great layout with bunks set up and kitchen/living area easily accessible. Love this unit.
- Jeff, Illinois

2020-02-05 2019 Jayco Greyhawk 31F View Listings

Brand New RV and within days noticed a mold/mildew problem. The customer service sent me to a number of different shops for the above issues and many more problems. Customer service does good with easy problems, but when it gets more expensive then service gets bad. There was little to no help in finding the leak causing the mold/mildew problems. I had to buy a moisture sensor and carefully hunt down the problem. Got some of the leaks fixed, widows resealed and for resealed, but there is another leak I haven't found and customer service tells me if I don't find it they won't help. Most of the problem is in quality control of the RV and equipment. An example of the bad customer service is their either not knowing what is going on or just lying. The customer service supervisor apologized for how upset I was. I wanted an apology for them making me upset. His apology made me feel he felt my feelings were not justified. That just made me more upset. There is a flaw in the furnace that keeps making it fail. Jayco has paid for it's repairs, but I don't want an undependable furnace. They should offer to replace it or to fix the flaw.
- Tim Walker, Idaho

2020-01-20 2020 Jayco Greyhawk 30Z View Listings

Loved everything about this class C except for truck cab! Seems like they went backwards and didn't even show options if buyer wanted to upgrade. Truck has "basic utility" feel and at this price range is really disappointing. Long trips will be taxing on driver & passenger due to uncomfortable seats!
- Kate Hannah, South Carolina

2019-12-12 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y View Listings

Purchased June 30 2018. Over the next 8 months little things went bad. Vibrations and driveline noises, and lots of trim issues caused by poor assembly. Ford dealer fixed the vibration and driveline noises in half a day. Jayco dealer had it for the next three months. They got no help from the factory. They replaced the entry door twice before they got one that fit so it didn’t leak. After having it back for 2 weeks the generator quit. Off to the dealer again. They fixed in a day. The next time I went to use it the refrigerator wouldn’t work. That was in middle of Nov. made appointment, now it’s still sitting at camping world waiting to get fixed.
- Mark, Arizona

2019-12-11 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS View Listings

2007 JAYCO GREYHAWK 31SS LARGE INTERIOR / FORD V10 SUPER DUTY LOW MILES 020000 - RUNS DRIVE GREAT - SHINE FIBERGLASS YOU CAN SEE ON THE PHOTO - VERY CLEAN RV. NOT HAVE BAD SMELL FOOD, MOLD, PETS, SMOKE ..... - ROOF AC , WATER PUMP, WATER HEATER - FRONT DASH AC, RANGE OVEN , REFRIGERATOR AC AND PROPANE MODE ,MICROWAVE, ALL LIGHTS WORKING FINE. - GENERATOR ONAN 4000 - HOME THEATER SURROND SOUND SUB WOOFER SYSTEM / ROOF SPEAKERS - GOOD TIRES - NEW AUX 2 CYCLE BATTERY - NEW WIPER BLADES - NEW INTERIOR LED LIGHTS BULB - NEW BED SET - 4 PILLOW - NEW ANDROID RADIO INTERNET SUPPORT TO CONNECT ANY WIFI HOTSPOTS, BLUETOOTH MUSIC PHONE , STEREO SUPPORTS TO DOWNLOAD MOST VIDEO AND MUSIC APPS FRON THE STORE, IT IS EASY FOR YOU TO WATCH MOVIES OR ENJOY YOUR MUSICS ONLINE OR USB FLASH/ SUPORT MIRROR LINK FOR iPhone & ANDROID SMARTPHONES …… - REAR CAMERA
- carolyn, Florida

2019-11-07 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

In reading reviews of the Jayco 30X I noticed a review as to "can't fill with Gas". took 40 minutes to get 20 gallons of gas. We had the very same problem. Could not put gas in. Dealer found the problem but could not fix the problem. A outside RV repair service center had to drop the gas tank. Problem was the gas pipe from fill to tank was installed upside down at factory and was to long so the Factory just bent or crimp the hose to attach it to the Gas Tank. Dealer paid for the repair. We can fill with gas now. Thank you Hayes RV of Longview.
- Ron Atchley, Texas

2019-09-30 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS View Listings

Great rig lots of room for kids and their friends!! Great way to travel! Quality built and standard options are other manufacturers costly add ones. Rides and drives like a truck. Superior products and nice design. Interior colors and cabinets top quality
- Dianne, North Carolina

2019-09-24 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 33DS View Listings

High quality construction, roomy and comfortable for travel and camping. The ride is smooth and great power pulling boat, or tow car. Floor plan is open with private bedroom in back. Great storage inside and out. The bathroom is easy to move about in both I shower and out. We are tall family and the bunk above easily slept our 6’5 son and his wife or 3 grandkids. Always get lots of compliments on this RV appearance and design.
- Debbie, Oregon

2019-09-11 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

I love driving this motorhome and setup is really easy, like the dinette and kitchen layout. Would have loved having recliners instead of couch and also having the tv on a swivel & of course a comfortable mattress.
- Bonnie Lemar, Alabama

2019-09-02 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 30X View Listings

We like the way this unit drives and the floor plan lay out. We just wish we could put gas in it. Been back to dealer twice not much improvement. Started investigating problem found out Jayco says it’s Ford problem and Ford says it’s Jaycos problem. I can tell you this it shouldn’t take 40 minutes to put in 20 gallons of gas. Hope this helps someone with their choice for a motor home we wish we would have know about this before we purchased this one.
- Lange Tom, Ohio

2019-08-10 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME View Listings

I have owned this RV for about a year. It is a fantastic floor plan, drives, tows and lives great. My family has really enjoyed this thing and I love how easy it is to set up and get ready to leave.
- Dave, Indiana

2019-08-08 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME View Listings

Classy! In my opinion, the best floor plan. Others have the dinette and sofa side along one wall, or the shower across the hall from the bathroom. With 3 sliders, this coach feels spacious, and accommodates lots of people. 8 seats have seat belts. Queen bed with Denver mattress really comfy. I was surprised how much storage space (87 cu. ft.), and how smoothly the Ford E-450 drives. Climbs hills and passes with ease. We drove across Michigan with the front edge of a storm packing 65 mph winds. She handled the wind well. Really impressed by Jayco workmanship, and the design details. There's storage, outlets, switches, etc. everywhere you want them to be. Our model came without two things: a mounted ladder and slider toppers (awnings). We remedied those by packing a step-ladder in the huge rear pass-through storage space, and having slider toppers installed. Zero complaints. We could live in this very comfortably for weeks at a time.
- Dr Ted Miller, Michigan

2019-07-23 2003 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS View Listings

When we decided to commit & buy a motorhome we were shocked at the prices for new ones so bought this used 2003, about 8 years ago with lo-mileage. Couldn't ask for a more forgiving RV for beginners and now that we're seasoned users, it's a treat to take out for about a week almost every month since we got it! After the 1st few trips and our fair share of mistakes we could not have been happier! We've looked at lots of RVs owned by friends and other campers we've met. Comparatively speaking, the Greyhawk 31SS is solidly built as any we've seen, easy to drive (like a big car?), reliable & serviceable. It has beautiful cabinetry and interior appointments, plenty of room & it's fun to use. Now at 16 years old with 22,000 miles & a set of new tires, it still feels and looks almost new. The original Ford radio is terrible but I don't use it so...? Factory support & Engineering have been great any time I've called or e-mailed them for assistance. The STRONG V10 engine, overdrive transmission, so-so mileage, have made it a joy to drive in comfort over varied terrain. The only thing that's "worn out" besides tires? The CD players inside and out - both died. We've thoroughly enjoyed our Greyhawk! It's not extravagant but it's a SOLID, reliable working family's motorhome with everything WE'VE ever needed. Congratulations go to Jayco for their excellent build and service. If we decide to change or upgrade, first look will be at another Jayco RV.
- G&MJVK , California

2019-06-28 2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS View Listings

I love driving this Class C, as opposed to Class A coaches. It is easy to handle and not at all stressful. As for quality, Jayco makes A1 quality vehicles. Ours is six years old and everything is working fine. It still looks like new inside and out.
- Linda, California

2019-06-11 2010 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS View Listings

The Jayco Greyhawk 31SS is an absolutely superb RV with a great floor plan that's incredibly comfortable to drive and live in with all the comforts of home. Most impressive is the internal cupboard storage room with volumes of space for small kitchen appliances, groceries and gadgets galore. Towing a car dolly and car with it is effortless. Lastly, the external storage room is more than ample and driving it is as easy as a panel Van. Should have bought one a long time ago!!! This one hasn't disappointed us at all, so I highly recommend this model for anyone considering an RV - whether a class A or Class C.
- Nick, Ontario

2019-05-21 2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV View Listings

Not owning a rv.the first time week taken down to az for the winter.living in the rv for 3 months was very livable. Very easy to get around inside.driving not a problem in the mans a on the flats.rain snow handled very good.
- William, Colorado

2019-05-09 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS View Listings

To me Jayco is a great bad and more top of the line compared to some. It is rooms and has some upgrades that's others we looked at did not have. Auto leveling. Auto awning. Outdoor shower. It's 31 foot and easy to drive. It has it's own generator so dry camping is easy.
- Kelley palmer, Georgia

2019-04-05 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME View Listings

We camped this winter for 6 weeks. First time my wife and I camped that long. We were concerned if we would like living in an RV for 6 weeks. Both of us were very happy. Easy to cook meals and plenty room for the both of us. Only time we felt cramped is when both of us was in the hall way at the same time. If we walked past each other we had to slide our way around a bit. Besides that...the layout is real good. Love the three slides. Cannot talk about Jayco quality since Thor has purchased Jayco. This 2016 however was built before the sale.Top notch. Drives exceptionally well...very little sway. Engine has plenty power and back end is set up to tow. I called Jayco once to inquire about the RV. They were patient and had total history. Very helpful. We searched and studied before purchasing this Jayco Greyhawk. Glad we did..Good choice.
- chip shrode, Indiana