Jayco Eagle Reviews on RV Insider (70)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Eagle RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CMP from Iowa says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Jayco Eagle 314BHDS View Listings

Overall I wouldd rate this unit 3.5 out of 5, mainly because of the marginal build quality of the trailer. I would rate it 2.5 on its own but my local dealer, Thompson RV has been extremely responsive to fixing issues, so my overall experience has been better. Even so, they had to work on it for over a month repairing issues before I would even think about taking delivery of the unit. A list of those issues were: -replacement of the rear half of the lower foam insulated floor due to excessive bulging and excessive foam discharge -sanding and painting of the rear bike rack, front hitch, and rear bumper due to excessive rust -replacement of the outdoor kitchen latches due to excessive corrosion -misaligned / bent black tank flush connector -misaligned exit window that was not sealing. Once I got the trailer, the items that were found during the first hour of the first day trip out and are currently under repair are: -non functioning water pump -poor inner fridge performance (nor cool brand) -creaky floor near the kitchen sink cabinets -delaminating floor/bubbles in the linoleum Overall the coach is well appointed, pleasing to the eye inside and out, and carries a high level of standard equipment that other comparable lines offer as options. However the quality level that I was promised and expecting simply is not there. As a result, I would not recommend this product to others at the current time. Needless to say, this will be my first and last jayco product, and I will be looking to trade into another trailer in 2-3years when the original warranty expires. If you are okay with minor to moderate issues, and willing to run back and forth to the dealer, Jayco might be for you. However for $10K less, keystone, and coachman have similar layouts with comparable, not equal, levels of appointment and options. What I do recommend is that you do extensive research online before making a purchase. I could not find much feedback on the 314bhds this winter, so my intent is to get this information out the for prospective buyers of the jayco eagle TT series, so they can better understand what they are purchasing Do not assume jayco builds a quality product., or trust sales information. Research, research, research. Talk to as many others to level expectations, and use that information as leverage in purchase price negotiation!
- CMP, Iowa

2020-11-18 2021 Jayco Eagle 321MLOK View Listings

Ok this is my second complaint about our 2021 jayco eagle 5th wheel. We found out that our RV was suppose to come with a tire monitoring system. They r standard on the jayco eagle for 2021. This system is compatible with the standard jay command system. We did not receive the system it was suppose to be in our bag of manuel's and hoses. It was not! I called Jayco to find out why? This was their excuse, being that we ordered our Jayco in March it was not eligible for the monitoring system. When we ordered a 2020 and got a 2021? Still don't understand why it was not included it was suppose to. Does not make sense?? I am so unhappy with Jayco, there customer is the worst they r rude and make excuses. Buyer beware!!! They don't care about there customers once they get your money. I will never buy another Jayco. Very unhappy customer. This is the second problem with them.
- Duane Mercier, Michigan

2020-11-03 1997 Jayco Eagle 286S View Listings

Yes this rv is very nice and beautiful rv. Easily sleeps 4 adults. Inside and outside shower, walk around bed, foldout couch, handy little table slides out to make larger table or the long table can be in place for bigger parties.
- Denisha Cobbs, New York

2020-11-03 1997 Jayco Eagle 286S View Listings

The best RV . The price is good. Is very nice !! All systems working properly. AC which blows cold. Hot water heater and generator turned on from inside the RV at the control panel. Thank you for this RV!!
- Jenna McKenna, California

2020-11-02 2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK View Listings

We ordered this unit March 13, 2020. We ordered the luxury package. We were supposed to get the theater seats. It specifically said this on the build sheet. When we got our unit on June 29, 2020, we found out it was a 2021 not a 2020 that I ordered. Therefore they changed the interior furnishings and it did not include the furniture that we expected and paid for. I did not order and 2021 in the first place. Therefore the dealership ordered the original furniture I wanted and paid for. Now they are telling me that if Jayco does not compensate this dealership I have to pay for the furniture. I called Jayco and filed a complaint got a response from jayco that there is nothing they can do for me, the dealership has to take care of it. The dealership is saying I have to pay for the furniture. That is a bunch of crap. I paid for the luxury package already. I am so angry right now. I am trying to be nice. I will never buy another Jayco or never tell anyone to but a Jayco. There customer service is very uncaring. I just feel like once they have your $$$ they could care less. Buyer beware!!! Very unhappy customer.😡😡😡
- Duane Mercier, Michigan

2020-10-05 2019 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS View Listings

Purchased at RV show. When we took delivery, it had a dent in the refrigerator door, and a golf cart battery for a residential fridge, and the screen door broke when I opened it. In the first year, the trim around the kitchen and dining slide outs came loose, the shelf behind the tv fell apart, the glass exploded on the cooktop, two of the drawer slides broke, the toilet started leaking, the usb stations in bedroom and kitchen island quit working, the trim around the fridge came off, the bed pulled away from the wall and collapsed, and numerous other defects. In the second year, the kitchen slide failed and had to be repaired, the seal on the left side of the kitchen slide fell out, there is no seal on the right side and the wiring was duct taped to the slide and came loose causing it to come unplugged. The unit has been at the dealer over 90 days total and still is not completely done AND they are trying to charge us over $2000 when we have a bumper to bumper AND an extended warranty. Colerain RV service sucks!! They are slow, don’t know how to do repairs, order parts or see the job flow through. And they really didn’t care about resolving our issues, they wanted is to go away. Sent detailed letter to Jayco, hoping to get resolved, if not we will exercise our rights under the lemon law. Gah! Never buy another Jayco and NEVER go near Colerain RV again!
- Kate Geiger, Ohio

2020-09-15 2019 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK View Listings

Good quality very roomy inside no mechanical issues Tows nicely behind Ford F250 super duty auto leveling system works perfect no more that cranking up and down manually Has a very nice kitchen island with sink and electrical hook ups throughout seats are very comfortable to sit in as is the mattress for the king size bed
- David, California

2020-09-03 2020 Jayco Eagle 332CBOK View Listings

First I would like to start off by saying that I would consider us as being loyal Jayco owners. Having bought four brand new rv's from them totaling over $150,000.( We have had two Jayco Designer fifth wheels, one Pinnacle and now an Eagle travel trailer.) The Designers and the Pinnacle seemed to be of good quality. Which is why we decided to go with the Eagle TT. Except on the Pinnacle we had a slide-out issue which failed after three years. Naturally out of warranty. We called Jayco and also the slide-out manufacturer Schwintec. Who both denied that there were any issues with the slide-out mechanism. So we fixed it as best as we could to get it to work again. Don't buy anything that has a Schwintec slide on it, they are junk. Well what did we do , we bought another Jayco product with Schwintec slides. Yes we are stupid. But they had the nicest travel trailer for us. We bought the trailer in November 2019 and covered it for winter. In May 2020 we were prepping the trailer for the upcoming season. The trailer never left the driveway and the hot water tank was leaking and shorted out the electrode almost causing a fire. We lost two weeks of camping due to the trailer being at the dealer to be fixed. Next trip out, guess what failed us. The Schwintec slide-out. We had to have a stranger help us push the slide in because the motors would not run the slide in or out. Remember this is a brand new trailer. Next issue is the other slide-out (which is not a schwintec)does not extend fully so there is a big hump in the floor where the slide should be flush. Other issues include no latch on the residential refrigerator doors, which open during travel and the shelves don't stay in place. Stupid design having a big heavy refrigerator at the back of the trailer where all the motion is and one other thing the auto leveling always sends a fault code saying out of stroke. This is a nicely decorated trailer in modern farmhouse but the quality is just not there. No trim on the floor where you can see gaps where wall and floor meet, carpet is cheap, washer/dryer hookups are so hard to get to and machine is not stabile enough where it is placed. I feel that this trailer should be considered a lemon due to the issues that have happened already. Contacted Jayco two seperate times and still have not received a call back. This will be our last Jayco product.
- Denise Brown, Pennsylvania

2020-08-27 1994 Jayco Eagle 290 View Listings

We LOVE this RV. The layout is GREAT...a queen bed in the back, couch folds out to sleep 2 and the over the cab loft sleeping area. This RV also drives really well. Everything always worked so maintenance has been low.
- Debbie Sutz, California

2020-08-23 2018 Jayco Eagle 347BHOK View Listings

Overall Nice Big Rig for the price! Tows well and has one of the best water valve selection systems in the market. Easy to set up and also to winterize. Many options available and the outdoor entertainment center with fridge, grill, sink and LED is great. Well built compared to even more expensive rigs.
- William Baker, Michigan

2020-08-21 2007 Jayco Eagle 313RKS View Listings

I made an appointment to have my landing gear replaced. It was 13 years old and was slipping. 3 weeks later they called me and said they checked it out and that I do need new landing gear and they would order the parts. They said about 3 days. 10 days later I called them and asked how the repair was coming. They had not received the parts yet. 3 days after that the gear was installed. I picked up the fifth wheel and paid for it near closing time. After inspecting the work at home I noticed they used some original parts instead of new ones and kept the new parts without saying anything to me, and the system was out of adjustment. Also after cutting holes in my sealed battery box to access the landing gear bolts, they put tape over the holes and called that good. I returned with the fifth wheel to show them my concerns and I was told to go to Hell. Took it to another RV dealer to do the necessary adjustments. This other RV dealer also tole me that they charge 2 hours for landing gear replacement and not the 3 hours that I was charged for. The work from Dolney was poorly done, I was overcharged for labor, their attitude was very bad and their prices were higher than others. I'm glad I did not buy my RV from them. I would avoid this service place at all costs.
- Terry Seidel, Michigan

2020-08-04 2018 Jayco Eagle 327CKTS View Listings

We bought our 2018 new, noticed issues right away. Electrical wires thrown everywhere. Vent pipe connecter in underbelly laying on the floor not connected. TV sitting at a tilt. Axiles miss aligned excess wear on passenger side. 4 sets of broken lamps over passenger side, shackles worn and broken, front cap faded prior to one year. Most recently the 5th wheel cross member broke. Both slides on driver miss aligned peeling tape and other protective seals off. Taken to Camping World Georgetown Ky, total nightmare, no communication. Sitting there for 9 weeks first 7 they did nothing. If you want total aggravation, lose of time, money, and just want to bang your head against the wall here’s the camper for you. All with in 1 1/2 yrs of age. The design and appearance do look good and suit for live ability but construction and quality very poor total wast of money because it can’t be fixed and too much to handle.
- Bernie Moore, Ohio

2020-07-02 2020 Jayco Eagle 357MDOK View Listings

I have wintered in this unit and it is by far one of the best experiences... easy to heat and maintain! Hot Water Tank is sufficient as well as Furnace. Easy to tow, easy to set up... I love the auto leveling as well!
- Gene Perkins, Ohio

2020-06-23 2016 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS View Listings

Cannot say enough about the durability and quality of the Jayco Eagle. Enjoy being in it always. My home away from home. This unit sustained -9 degree weather for a whole week with no issues. Again ... Comfort is awesome in this unit.
- Steve Johnson, North Carolina

2020-05-07 2017 Jayco Eagle 333BHOK View Listings

Overall quality is terrible. Warranty work was quite good. As soon as the warranty expired the big issues started. One month after warranty A/C stopped working $1800 plus tax to replace. Exhaust fan for stove top stopped working at the same time. Trim in bedroom is coming away from the ceiling. Mattress in master bedroom was replaced under warranty with one that is worse than the original. Attached BBQ wore out in two seasons. Was kept inside during winter. Had to replace taps in washroom. Shower fixtures are installed on an angle. Refrigerator not working properly. First rv I have owned. Would not purchase another Jayco.
- Robert Strickland, Ontario

2020-04-02 2020 Jayco Eagle 334RLOK View Listings

We upgraded from a 2016 Eagle HT 324BHTS. So we are very familiar with the Eagle models. We went with all the upgrades. Residential refrigerator, solar on roof, extra battery, washer/dryer combo, Onan 5500lp generator, auto leveling and sani con turbo dump. So far so good! We are pleased with the quality....still in the shakedown stage.
- Dr. DREAM , California

2020-02-04 2018 Jayco Eagle 355MBQS View Listings

I bought a new eagle fifth wheel last year. I loved it until I saw a bubble in the rear wall. Upon inspection it was found to have a water leak and the rear wall needed to be replaced. After the wall was replaced I noticed the sidewall doing the same thing. It now needs replaced. Also had dozens of screws breaking off which hold the large slide in place, the frame is solid rust, the front cap is faded, and so on. I had a laundry list of issues which some were repaired under warranty. Moral of the story is their quality has significantly went downhill. For 60k and 8 months of use this thing is a real pile and it is garaged except for the weekends. I would reccomend buying a different brand that is way cheaper. I figured if I paid up it would be of better quality. Not the case. Look elsewhere. The reviews on jaycos website are only the "happy" or made up customers. I posted pics of mine falling apart but they immediately deleted them. They dont want the public to see the truth..
- Mike Meyers , Ohio

2020-01-21 2018 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS View Listings

We love our trailer. It's had a few issues but so far all fixed under warranty. One thing all manufacturers need to do in building is put the residential refrigerators were they can be pulled out to work on. Shouldn't have to take to dealer for an appliance tech to work on. It's obvious that they will need repairs. The king size bed is great, but to damn hard to get around and make the bed. Room needs to be a bit bigger so you can get in and out of bed without crawling around. Some of us are to old to crawl in and out.
- Sherry Gutierrez, Texas

2019-10-27 2015 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS View Listings

This 5th wheel is easy to pull and with the various accessories it makes for a great camping experience! Very comfortable seating, love the double fridge, and the large bathroom are great additions to the layout! Also, the auto leveling system even makes hooking up a breeze as it leaves the kingpin at the exact location as it was when the unit was unhooked!
- Robin Olsson, Florida

2019-10-26 2017 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK View Listings

Overall Floor plan is great. Construction is poor. Large cupboard door in bed room actually broke The Door latch prevented movement during travel the door 24 in by 36 split. The whole front wall of the trailer separated from the trailer frame after 15000 miles. Now replacing the entire Schwinteck Drive for the kitchen slide 25 months old. All the TV wiring connectors were loose had to find and do them up. No wiring diagrams available. Jayco have no one doing user design. the switch for tv antenna was 18 inches behind the tv couldn't be reached. the Tv faces the theater seats but the stereo speakers are not at the left and right of the Tv they are across the end of the trailer 90 degrees from where they should be so the sound is useless when watching movie. we ordered parts to repair the door after a breakin. all parts ordered on one order by by dealer took 4 shipments to get everything trip to dealer and back 75 miles. The schwinteck controls are mounted in the front storage area facing down from the ceiling so a user has to dismount them to see the diagnostic diodes and override the system for manual pushin if it fails. No manuals for that The dealer TRaveland Rv have been great but we'll never buy or recommend a Jayco to anyone. Ross Blair
- Ross Blair, British Columbia

2019-10-08 2019 Jayco Eagle 317RLOK View Listings

Great RV for the price and the Farmhouse Colors look Great. Jayco is a top notch company when it comes to their quality, and if for some reason you do ever have a problem their warranty is top notch as well.
- Chris Wendt, Texas

2019-09-25 2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS View Listings

My wife and I have traveled with and grand children and have people come and visit us on trips. The bunk house served us well. The other feature that we took advantage is the outside kitchen it helps save on the electrical amperage used as well as convenience when everyone is socializing outside. My wife particularly likes it when frying things it keeps the smell outside. This a great camper
- Mike, Florida

2019-09-14 2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS View Listings

This is our 3rd jayco eagle. Although the layout is what we wanted it comes with issues. For example, seeking warranty repairs. Local jayco dealer wouldn't touch it because we didn't buy it from him. We bought at show. Little did we know you have to return to seller for repairs, over 100 miles away verses 5 miles away. Experienced tire fails from cheep China bombs, ac leeks, roof damage, gel coat paint failure on front cowling, stabilizer arms break and bend with minimal load, floor creeks in two areas, barrel fan replaced in forced hot air unit, broke due to construction debri entering fan area,faucet handles fall off, cheep China junk, new thermostat installed, capacitors replaced on A/C, tires replaced,still had 8/32 tread after 3 yrs. List goes on... So my advice to a new buyer, yes,they all look nice when new. But buyer beware all this happened within 2-3 yrs of ownership. They are hardly worth the investment for entertainment. Be prepared to spend your free time fixing this stuff that comes off the assembly line with no pride or quality assurance checks. Our usage of unit is low to moderate. Only catering to two campgrounds within 100 miles from home mostly on no tow programs. Enjoy while you can. Repairs never end
- Doug stay, Pennsylvania

2019-08-18 2018 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS View Listings

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a Jayco! I thought it was our dream RV. Drove it off lot and 20 miles down the road uncut aluminum trim rubbing tires. NO QUALITY CONTROL at factory. Turned on water, it poured out bottom of trailer. Hot water heater NOT connected. Had to replace heater control board within 6 months. Just replaced hot water heater. Inferior products (cheapest Jayco could find). Surround sound had constant static. Jayco knew it but did nothing until consumer complained. I knew this because Jayco employee put me on hold and said so but she didn’t know I was still on the line. I had to go buy an add on sound bar just to use the tv. Awning installed crooked. We’ve had a year and a half!!!! Underneath by the drains there were 1 ft. square sticky pads stuck different places (and falling off) to cover shoddy work. The glass stove top was installed wrong and broke. A 200 mile trip to dealer for that. And just today, I found the metal arm under a slide out that kept hoses and wires secure when closing slide out was not even made for this RV nor was one side of it connected. It was dead weight on the wires. There was a 4 screw metal plate supposed to be attached to one side. Jayco employees forced it up crooked and put two in to hold it until an unsuspecting idiot (me) bought the thing. The screws were long gone. Numerous screw heads were sheared off due to over tightening. Jayco employees could care less who they are burdening and Jayco execs apparently refuse to have quality control. Buy American. Do not even talk to me about that! I hope this review is posted as is, so unsuspecting buyers will know to put dealers and manufacturers on notice their product will be in perfect working order, everything!!!! Before papers are signed. If they refuse, they’re hiding something. One star is far too gracious but at least it’s the lowest.
- Gary Grable, Texas

2019-06-29 2018 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS View Listings

Love everything about our Jayco 321rsts beautiful inside and out this is our third rv but first jayco product.We have looked at hundreds of rv’s but kept coming back to this unit and also the 317rlok the 321 is a 10 out of 10 for us.
- Dennis Costa, California