Jayco Eagle HT

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Eagle HT RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

George Toal from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

After 3 weeks out in trailer we have had water leaks, loose floorboards, crimped wiring under slide out,poor choices of lighting over dinning table and sewer drains valves turned the wrong direction. We have owned 12 trailer in our life and this is the worst we have have in 48 years. Right now I wouldn't ever buy another Jayco. There was no testing at the factory. All of these defects should have been caught before it was sold. Jayco's quality control sucks.
- George Toal, Colorado

2021-08-02 2021 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Do not purchase a Jayco, bought a new 2021 Eagle fifthwheel in November of 2020, still in the shop for warranty repairs. The factory sucks the dealership sucks and the product sucks. A waste of 45,000 dollars. If you purchase a Jayco you will regret your purchase. Jayco lost me forever as a consumer. Sad very Sad
- Jon Kornke, Maryland

2021-08-01 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Service from Jayco needs improvement. However this open floor plan in my 2018 27.5 HT is among the best I've seen, even up against the new ones. Quality of doors and cabinets is much better than the new ones. I've been looking at new Jayco's and I must say, older is much better in this case.
- william Jocelyn, Florida

2021-07-28 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 284BHOK View Listings

This Jayco Eagle fifth wheel is 42 feet long and is a 42 foot long piece of crap this coach has been nothing but problems from the day that we brought it home till the day that I’m writing this review you name it it’s happened in gone wrong with this coach it is the biggest piece of crap I’ve ever bought in my entire life in my eyes it’s a lemon Jayco has not stood behind its product in any way shape or form it’s disgusting to me how I’m being treated by Jayco and the dealership Pete’s rv in ct I will never ever buy anything again from Pete’s RV in Connecticut and I will never ever buy another Jayco product as long as I live if anybody is reading this please do me a favor and do yourself a favor do not buy a Jayco and especially do not buy a Jayco from Pete’s RV in Connecticut they are absolutely horrible nice as pie till you sign the paperwork once you sign the paperwork good luck you can’t even get a phone call back let alone get anything fixed This has been the worst nightmare in mistake of my life and me and my family are so disappointed and disgusted
- Chris kalinowski, Massachusetts

2021-07-19 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

We purchased this 1.5 years ago used. We just noticed that when the slides are pulled in it leaves a gapping hole in each side of the slides. Now the warranty is done and will probably cost a fortune to have it resealed. Very disappointed to have noticed this as the warranty is done.
- Nikki Brown, Ontario

2021-07-01 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLDS View Listings

We have been RV'ers for many years. We are selling the fifth wheel because we've always enjoyed camping in the high mountains of Colorado, and now we live there! The highlights of this Jayco fifth wheel for me are the spacious bedroom, great storage, roomy refrigerator, and fireplace. My husband appreciates how easy it is to tow and set-up and really enjoys the rearview camera which is great while towing and setting up. We also had some minor warranty work when we first purchased it and Jayco was very responsive and repaired the items at no cost. The negatives, although minor, are lack of kitchen counter space (so my husband added a drop leaf counter) and the difficulty in accessing the underbelly from the driver's side. Overall, we have been extremely satisfied with the trailer.
- Alan sebesta, Colorado

2021-05-07 2021 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Owner issue..... our self leveling unit will only work with the app which requires WiFi access which is spotty in many camping areas. The self leveling control unit with the button(manual option) does not work and no one seems to be able to fix it. This trailer is brand new. Jayco is aware of problems with this leveling unit and refers buyer to RV service dealer. Took the trailer to Camping World and they were told by the self leveling manufacturer to disconnect the battery for 30 sec to reboot the system. It worked when the trailer was at Camping World but now it doesn’t. I don’t want to reboot the system every time I use it. Real pain to try to schedule another appointment at Camping World and drive 2 hours to take trailer in for service. I wouldn’t buy this trailer until Jayco resolves this issue.
- Tim johnson, New Mexico

2021-04-15 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Wow, lots of bad reviews! Bought mine in NW Washington and used it twice there, then moved to San Diego. Wife and I have been full-timing in a campground for about 18 months with three small dogs, and we are pretty happy! Likes: Size made it easy to find spots, great floor plan, no maintenance issues so far despite full-timing for 18 months. Towing was incredibly easy even through mountainous areas. Floorplan is great, makes it very inviting to have visitors, and is easily livable for us and our pets - we use the shower as their crate. Storage is phenomenal between the under storage, the pantry, and the "closet". Love our outdoor kitchen. Dislikes: We added shelves to both bathroom doors, because we were not thrilled with the storage arrangement there. The base of the bedroom slide's shelf was cardboard, it sagged, and the mechanics shredded the bottom. Cheap material. No electrical plug by the stove for a coffee maker/kettle/instant pot, means we have to do all that on the island. Knew this when we bought, but still not a fan. Bathroom fan's button is by the fan, and not reachable when sitting on the toilet... seems like a small thing that would have been very convenient to change. Panel in the back of the bed was not secured well, and has gotten pushed back from just sitting in bed and reading.
- Adam, California

2021-04-09 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RKDS View Listings

We have enjoyed the Jayco HT very much. We have owned it three years, and have decided to try a class a. That’s the only reason we’re selling it we have no complaints about the Jayco. This Jayco is as nice as many of the other fifth wheels that sell for $50,000 plus.
- Gary sell, California

2021-04-07 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RKDS View Listings

We have enjoyed this 5th Wheel for almost 3 years. We have used it extensively and LOVED every minute. In 2019 we traveled across the country and never had a moments problem. I love the full pantry and extensive storage it has...more than most! It features a 3 burner stove/oven, large refrigerator and freezer and has a take in take out peninsula in the kitchen for more counter space. The only reason we are selling it is my husband would like a Class A and I want to keep the 5th wheel....He Won!!!
- Gary Sell, California

2021-03-23 2021 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Came from the factory with multiple issues, object sticking through sidewall fiberglass, bent cable slide bracket and soft floor with loud squeak in front of shower. This trailer is brand new and I have never used it because it’s been at the dealership for 6 weeks. Spoke with Jayco customer service, a waste of time was treated like a criminal. Look buy a Jayco if you want but they are not the old Jayco.Called Steven Claude Jayco vp of customer service, he never returned call. Buyer Beware! Chesaco Rv in Joppa Maryland is even worse. You’ve been warned
- Jon Kornke, Maryland

2021-03-16 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

I picked it up 11-30-20 and haven’t used it yet, this trailer is a nightmare. Squeak in floor, object sticking through side fiberglass and kitchen slide bent Cable slide bracket. Paid 45K for this trailer and as soon as I get it back I’m getting rid of it. Jayco doesn’t care, Chesaco Rv in Joppa Md. doesn’t care, I’m heart broken about what the Rv industry has become. If you are considering a Jayco or most any Rv manufacturer before you sign the paperwork...walk out!
- Jon kornke, Maryland

2020-09-21 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

We have been RVing for over 20 years, having owned 5th wheels and a diesel pusher. We did exhaustive research before buying this Jayco Eagle HT from Richardson's RV, our local Jayco dealer. The sales process was excellent, as we dealt only with the internet sales associate. The unit itself was delivered to us in good shape, and it was evident that the dealer did their job getting the coach ready for a new owner. As expected, there were many items over the next 2 years that were covered under warranty, only one of which caused us not to be able to use the trailer- faulty wiring installed by the factory on a slide-out. since we couldn't travel, the factory stepped in to allow a local repair shop to do the work, with a substantial delay in getting parts from Indiana. All the other items were dealt with until enough failures were collected to make the 3 week dealer backlog worth a trip in for warranty work. Shoddy installation of tension style window shades mounted to foam!Leaky bedroom window mounting; poorly installed wiring to the converter; poorly installed entry door did not fit opening; cheap cabinet door hinge gave way under normal use; exterior cabinet door fell apart due to poor construction; extremely cheap front cap material and paint has faded and looks 20 years old already, to name a few of the major items. The industry has no standards, and few regulations, and works hard to get what little laws that favor the consumer reversed! It is a total buyer beware industry, where honesty and loyalty to customers is frowned upon. Manufacturers and dealers collude to create a monopolistic culture of greed and deceit. Overall, we feel lucky things were not worse, and that we were able to use the RV as expected, if not how it was portrayed by the industry. We would consider Jayco products again, but only if we obtained a seriously good deal to compensate for the below standard construction that is prevalent in the RV Industry today!
- Steve, Riverside, California

2020-09-08 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

I have owned 3 Jayco products over the past few years and recently purchased a 2020 Jayco HT 5th wheel and have never been so disappointed and disgusted with a camper.  The quality control at Jayco seems to be non existent.  I have owned the trailer for less than 3 months and have had over 20 issues with the unit from unconnected wires (from the factory) to several slide failures, awning malfunctions, battery cables flying off, bathroom fan fell out of roof, stereo unoperable and so on.  In reviewing recent BBB ratings I see a 1 star generous rating over the past few years and nothing but complaint after complaint.  In contacting Jayco customer service nothing but lip service and even that is bad. A not proud Jayco or should I say Junko owner (probably not for long)
- Ed, Saskatchewan

2020-08-25 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 264BHOK View Listings

I've seen this Luxury Travel Trailer and it is very nice inside and out. The damage is minor and hardly noticeable, unless you are inspecting it. Everything works perfectly, except the outdoor faucet water drain next to the BBQ. The shower, toilet and indoor faucets water drain, drains well.
- Dan, Minnesota

2020-08-24 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS View Listings

Full size bunks are awesome! Layout is nice. Lots of places for people to sleep. Dinette bed is put together poorly. Only wood staples will hold up center of bed. Outdoor kitchen is awesome with burner and grill available. Nice big bathroom. Lots of outdoor storage. Storage inside is limited. Very difficult to reach back of some storage areas since they are so deep. Overall nice trailer
- Charissa Baibak, Michigan

2020-07-30 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Like the way it tows, center kitchen island is nice to have when preparing meals, bedroom is roomy, love the farmhouse deco,theater reclinders are very comfortable, fireplace is nice on cool morning provides just enough heat. Dislike not having smart TV, with built-in wi'fi.
- James Baird, Idaho

2020-07-21 2015 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS View Listings

This trailers weather shield is a very poor system. Window design is bad. They do not close and seal. The insulation is insufficient. At 90 degrees outdoor temp the a/c runs continually, without pause. Needs better insulation and a better air conditioner
- Ken hughes, Oregon

2020-07-17 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 264BHOK View Listings

Do not purchase Jayco, They don’t care about customer service and quality repairs from their dealer!!! I purchased a new unit, had a water leak, the floor buckled up and the dealer tore the roof. Ten months later I still don’t have my unit. The roof was not repair correctly. The dealer and Jayco will not stand behind the repairs.
- Russell Threadgill , New Mexico

2020-07-15 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 30.5CKTS View Listings

We picked our Eagle ht up from Rick's RV in Joliet, IL 13 months ago and have been to several RV parks and also boondocking many times. When new I checked all water fittings, all electrical, etc. So no leaks or other issues. After a few months the queen mattress cover began to tear, so I contacted the dealer and the sent a new mattress to our home in Vegas. The floor plan is very livable, with nice appliances. We chose the modern farmhouse interior and love it. The Jayco 2/3 warranty gives us peace of mind.
- Richard Charshafian, Nevada

2020-03-08 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 284BHOK View Listings

Fun Town RV in Cleburne Tx is a big joke!!! They will lie to you for weeks about everything and do not give them a deposit. They have a 3.5 rating and the BBB has them a bad rating. Please do your homework before you even think about buying from here.
- Angela Williams , Texas

2020-02-25 2014 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS View Listings

Perfect size for easy towing. Fits in any State Park sites but not giving up in lots of living space. Great quality with no problems at all during our travels. Lots of large windows to view nature. Huge window in rear living space. Lots of cabinets and storage space. Love this unit.
- Susan, Illinois

2020-02-09 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

Great couples camper. Opposing slides which open up your main living area. Dual recliners. Well built, good quality appliances. Has a home quality queen size mattress. Great fifth wheel tow ability. Goodyear radial tires.
- Stephen Hubbard, Florida

2020-01-20 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 284BHOK View Listings

Jayco stalls and keeps you waiting on any of the warranty work being done. I will never buy another jayco do to the way we have been treated. Quality camper I do live it but the customer support is a one star. It’s sad, after Thor bought this once family owned business it went down hill.
- Tony Becerra, Indiana

2019-12-12 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

I have 28.5 HD eagle the interior design I think is outstanding all the features are in the right places the lighting is outstanding the ride is fine I have no no problem with how it rides i’ve had some issues that are troublesome the bedroom slide has a cord the power cord Falls down below the paneling and when you try to close the slide it pinches the electrical cord this is to me A fire hazard and also a safety issue when you try to put it up so When you try to put it up so I won’t get pinched you could end up getting your fingers pinched I think you folks are right I’ve built a very usable fifth wheel just have to work on the quality thank you David
- David Gladding, California