Jayco Eagle HT RVs Reviews (41)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Eagle HT RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

George Toal from Colorado says:

Have you owned any Jayco Eagle HT RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

After 3 weeks out in trailer we have had water leaks, loose floorboards, crimped wiring under slide out,poor choices of lighting over dinning table and sewer drains valves turned the wrong direction. We have owned 12 trailer in our life and this is the worst we have have in 48 years. Right now I wouldn't ever buy another Jayco. There was no testing at the factory. All of these defects should have been caught before it was sold. Jayco's quality control sucks.
- George Toal, Colorado

2019-12-05 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Size and compactness is very good interior is beautiful and the rooming list is outstanding issues I’ve had with it is that the electrical cord drops down from the top of the slide of the bedroom slide and and when you try to close it it will pinch between the frame and the slide it’s very unsafe and a fire hazard I feel and I am still very concerned about it on our shakedown show one of the gentleman sat in our chair and the screws Came out and he ended up on the floor embarrassing
- David Gladding, California

2019-11-21 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

It has been a great 5er. Only problem was refrigerator but Mfg. quickly replaced cooling unit and I just replaced LP gas regulator. Never any exterior water leaks,no plumbing leaks. After previously owning a class A, a class C, and a travel trailer, this is the most comfortable to pull ( sometimes I forget it is behind me) my tow vehicle is a 2016 2500 Gas. Very satisfied with unit.
- Ken Smith, South Carolina

2019-10-31 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

For a 2018 your contractors just slapped it together with no love or pride. They definitely don't make it like they use to. First off furnace keeps breaking down. Marks on decos. Saw dust and scraps in AC intake. Front straps just fall off. String in blinds break. Marks on floor. Lose screws. I can go on and on.
- Ron, British Columbia

2019-10-20 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

We love our Jayco had no problems with it.Love all the storage space!Anyone can tell you that's one of the most important things.All the appliances are of good quality. This was our 2nd purchase of a Jayco product.
- Joe, Colorado

2019-10-10 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 30.5MBOK View Listings

We have owned the Jayco Eagle HT 30.5.MBOK for two years and have loved it. We have been on several trips including a 3-month cross-county trip and have been very impressed with the quality and floorplan. The separate mid-bunk bedroom has allowed friends to travel with us and have their own private bedroom. One of the things we enjoy is having our coffee in the morning sitting in our recliners looking out the huge rear window looking over the many scenic areas we have visited. Additionally supporting our great experience with this model has been the excellent customer service from both our dealer and Jayco. The few things that we needed repaired or serviced were quickly done and all covered by warranty. We love the tankless water heater and never have to worry about not having enough hot water. And I am so glad I ordered the Sani-Con system. It has made the least enjoyable thing to do a quick and easy task. Again we love the Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK
- Kerry Murphy, Oregon

2019-10-02 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 284BHOK View Listings

This is our 3rd Jayco and we custom ordered it because the first two never had a problem. This one has had nothing but problems. We wouldn't even look at another brand because we were loyal customers. Here is a list: 1. The auto-leveling system hasn't worked since the beginning. The dealer thinks they finally figured it out. The front level sensor and back level sensor boxes were installed backwards. 2. We have had metal pieces come loose off the exterior while driving 70 mph down the highway scratching up the fiberglass. 3. Smell in the grey tank that the dealer can't figure out. Smells horrible and the sink backs up to the drawers in the bedroom where we put our clothes. 4. Light fixtures loose. 5. Trim falling off. 6. Poor seals around the doors. 7. Drawers that won't catch so they open constantly while driving. 8. Black water tank shut off not closing completely causing leakage. Dealer says it a design flaw. The shutoff valve is located 25 feet from the actual tank. 9. Oven handle door came off. 10. Speaker wires installed improperly. Pretty ridiculous...things that could have easily been caught with a quality control inspection. It has been nothing but a headache for us. My family has not enjoyed camping much at all this past summer. Unfortunately, it's been almost 6 months, and there is not an end in sight to all of the issues we have had. The dealer has been easy to work with but the manufacturer takes their time getting them the parts. We have wasted so much time and gas money going back and forth. We have made 4 payments, paid for a year of insurance for a camper that sits at the dealer the majority of the time. They say we can take it when we want but my husband is getting more and more frustrated every time we have to take it back and forth. I have reached out to the manufacturer multiple times and the customer service rep hasn't been helpful at all. They have no follow through. We are very disappointed to say the least.
- Heather Becerra, Indiana

2019-09-30 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Customer service from Jayco is a nightmare. This last issue has put our trip on hold for a month and no end in site. We are making an east coast tour and a west coast tour and I may buy a bunch of huge lemon stickers to put all over it , to let everyone who sees it know not to buy a Jayco. My husband has had to fix many issues himself and even fix things after the dealer has fixed them. Then don’t get me started about the shop in Loveland. ( black tank filled ,sink leaking and dirt everywhere to name a few.) looks like our plans for travel are off again. I want a different trailer!!!!!!
- L Hunt, Wyoming

2019-09-05 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RKDS View Listings

2018 Jayco Eagle HT Review Purchased new November 2017. Stored unused until June 2018 when returned to Jayco dealer to add Slide-Out Covers, wash roof and add recommended UV treatment. That’s when problems began. Dealer advised us roof was ripped up and they could not perform the cleaning or treatment. They asserted we must have driven under some trees and ripped roof. We could not believe this since we had not even used the trailer yet and had driven it only on interstate highways where there are no trees and stored it safely in our steel barn. Dealer advised roof needed replacement which they could do it for $7000! We were stunned. Our insurance agent, who specializes in RV claims, checked it out and said it looked like someone had ripped up the roof with a pressure washer! We felt vindicated but angry. He also told us that based on their claim history, our dealer had very poor reputation. No way we were ever going back to a lying rip-off dealer; asked for recommendations for honest, reliable certified Jayco RV repair shops. Took trailer into a shop in San Jose who also said roof looked like it had been damaged by a pressure washer! They quoted $5000 for a full replacement (including plywood decking and a better and slightly more expensive roofing material)! Appears Jayco dealer sent some inexperienced kid up to clean the roof and destroyed it. The worst part wasn’t that it cost us a $1000 deductible, but that they were so dishonest and wanted $2000 more! Took unit on its maiden voyage in June 2018. Almost immediately, trailer began falling apart. Bottom of pot drawer broke out. Stove dropped out of alignment @ ½” causing the drip pan under the burners to come in direct contact with the burner flames and turn red hot. Almost every cabinet and drawer came open during towing, i.e., latches do not secure well. Propane door could not be closed without being bent out since the propane tanks protruded out about ½” and prevented a flush close. Just some of the 15 issues we had during first trip. Next trip – more problems. Venetian blinds fell off. Curved wooden headboard over bed came unstapled from the side wall. Cabinet door frames came apart. Electric water heater indicator light stopped working. Framing molding around bedroom slider came loose. Another 3 months to schedule and repair list of warranty issues. May 2019- took cross-country trip and had bigger problems. Electrical panel shook loose from wood backing board and the board itself came unstapled from its wood framing (major concern due to risks of shorts or even fire from wires which might come loose). While being towed, a hanging light over kitchen table came loose, swung against the other hanging light and shattered glass. Exhaust fan over stove works so poorly, it sets off smoke detector every time. Gray valves leaks. Annoying electrical hum developed when plugged into shore power. Sheet metal lining the wheel wells came unstapled and rubbed on tires. A cabinet shelf collapsed and broke revealing that staples had come loose (no evidence of glue or screws). Wood paneling on the side of the fireplace came unstapled and loose staples caught my wife’s leg. Mattress provides very poor support and after relatively little use shows permanent indentations where we sleep. Etc., etc. Trailer in shop again for more warranty repairs. With over 40 warranty issues so far, we have lost confidence in this unit ever being reliable and are concerned about what happens after the 2-year warranty expires in a few months. We are now shopping for a more durable fifth wheel and it will not be a Jayco! We concluded a few things based on our experiences: 1. Local Jayco dealer is a liar and a rip off thief. Cannot be trusted. 2. Jayco brags about Amish quality workmanship. That’s bull. Most of our problems were woodwork related and probably not Amish. Nothing but tiny staples and cardboard thick plywood. “Solid wood” framing is light weight with fancy wood grained vinyl cover. Very little evidence of glue or screws anywhere. Simply towing this trailer on interstate highways shakes it apart. 3. Nearly all problems have been related to poor Jayco quality and workmanship, not components or appliances made by others and installed by Jayco. 4. HT (half ton) units are built light and cheap, i.e., durability and quality suffers greatly. Most fifth wheels we are now looking at have 8” or even 10” I-beams. This Eagle HT has a 6” I-beam which I now realize is probably a good clue about durability. I recommend avoiding HT models. 5. RV review site distorts the ratings by averaging 5 factors with such things as floor plan and livability. Naturally reviewers typically give those factors 4 or 5 stars because that’s why they bought them! I now look at only 2 factors on these reviews and ratings, i.e., quality and support. When you average just those 2 factors, Jayco Eagle HT rates poorly. Wish we had figured all this out before!
- Paul L, California

2019-08-24 2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5REOK View Listings

Congrats on selling a bunch of units and pumping them out as quick as you can, worked good for the USA in WWII but unfortunately your units are junk even tho I was assured Jaycos were quality units, mines a big ol heap a sh** with never ending problems and no help and constant need to throw money at it, currently looking to trade for an older unit
- James Witt , Illinois

2019-08-22 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK View Listings

We purchased our unit in May of 2018. In October 2018 (yes...5 months later) we had the unit into the dealership for 40 (yes...four zero - fourty) defects/work orders. Including (but not limited to) - Leak in 2 drains, propane tanks not properly fitting (resulting in a shim kit needing to be put into the door), 3 outside doors needing replacing (which, one got replaced and then had to be replaced a SECOND time), a register vent not cut out of the floor from factory (thought it was a missing piece of sub floor), underbelly had to come down for drain issues, outside fridge needing replacing - which, hilarious, Jayco sent the dealership a BROKEN fridge replacement, and my dealership had to then go and purchase their own fridge to put in there) plus tons more issues. Dealership Service Department has been Wonderful with all of the issues I do have to say that. Jayco's Eagle HT product however...Horrendous. And let me start by saying we are pretty understanding and patient people. Had that been the end of our issues, I would not be writing this. May of THIS year (RV 1 year old) we place our Eagle on a Seasonal Lot. You would think with the lack of the vehicle being driven down the highway, that there shouldn't be any issues. WRONG. 2 times we had to get a mobile repairman out to fix issues we had ALREADY had the unit into the dealership for. We would have had him out for a 3rd time, but instead we had a plumber friend replace the outside kitchen drain that wasn't plumbed in properly from factory so it started to leak. Patience has worn slightly thin to say the least. At this point, it is pretty clear that we have a lemon trailer and unfortunately, as a Canadian, we do not have many places to turn to for such a thing. AND I haven't even gotten to the best part. So Eagle owners, be sure to check the caulking around the slide out drip trays. As ours was missing about a 12" strip of caulking from FACTORY!!! What does that mean now you ask? Well, our beautiful wall now has an approx. 6 foot strip of water damage above the slide out wall. Still waiting on this one to be fixed. Which I am sure with Jayco's "outstanding" warranty that it will be. As essentially, that is the only satisfaction you will receive by contacting Jayco customer support. Is hearing repetitively how they stand behind their warranty. As a consumer, I cannot comprehend how this is at all acceptable. We purchase an RV to enjoy ourselves. To relax and unwind. Literally every single weekend we have spent in our trailer since May of this year (which, we go at LEAST 3 weekends a month) we have had at LEAST one issue. Kinks? Pretty sure we are gone beyond trying to work out "kinks". So now, we have to remove our trailer from our seasonal lot, that we have paid for for the entire year and drive the unit 3 hours BACK to the dealership to repair this wall. When I asked the customer service rep about something for this inconvenience, as our storage fees and everything is included in this seasonal lot, I am told that is something I have to work out with my dealership. Like....what?!?! I am not sure where I go next, but I will be leaving this exact same review everywhere I can find. As someone who worked in customer service for WAY too long it is too hard for me to yell at someone on the phone, as essentially they are just the point of contact. I feel like my niceness has worn out...and that's a really ****ty feeling. As I do feel like Jayco does have a beautiful product...but somewhere along the way they dropped the ball on execution. The person in charge of that execution - needs to find some accountability.
- Courtney , Alberta

2019-07-18 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

My wife and I have had minor issues with this fifth wheel. What we like is the size of the rv and the light weight. We had a 37' Cedar Creek fifth wheel but not camping as we once did, we decided to downsize. I pull this with my F-350 6.2l gas engine with a 4:30 rear. At around 8600lbs it pulls quite easily and the difference in gas mileage is minimal between the 3:73/4:30 rear but the benefit of the 4:30 pays off on the hills. The 27,5 RLTS is a nice camper, the layout is great for two retirees, I like the slide out for the closet even though there is not a lot of room in it. A minor complaint is getting entry to the living room, in that you need to open the slide at least a foot to get into and past the sink cabinet. Not a big deal but there are some that you can access the rv without opening the slideout. When on the road we often pull into a rest area for lunch and open the slide to get to fridge and eat our lunch. Bedroom is nice but the mattress we had to get changed as it sagged first time we used it. Changed under warranty. The front door would not stay closed unless you used the dead bolt. Door was replaced under warranty. After two years in the Florida sunshine the gray paint on the cap faded in spots to the white undercoat. It has been repainted under warranty. The bathroom mirror fell off of the cabinet. It was stuck on by strips of double back tape from the factory. It was replaced under warranty with a better method. Our RV was equipped with 50 amp and 2 a/c's and here in Florida believe me you will need it. This RV has minimule insulation in the walls and with the heat and the sun 1 a/c will not do very well. I recommend 50 amp and at least you can upgrade to the 2nd a/c later if purchasing a new one. With the minor problems we have had I can say we are happy with our choice of rv. Jayco has a quieter a/c arrangment in the ceiling that masks the noise of the running a/c. It doesn't totally run quiet but it is less noisy than a standard a/c in the ceiling. You can watch tv without changing the volume. As far as the dealer we bought from RVOne Tampa, and so far the dealer has been able to take care of our warranty issues even during a total remodel of their facility. I would recommend Jayco from our experience with our 27.5 RLTS.
- Barry Bogart, Florida

2019-06-04 2014 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS View Listings

This camper is very livable. It’s been very well kept and it shows. It is very roomy with lots of space for the whole family. It’s definitely worth every penny spent on it.
- Kylie Shields, Wyoming

2019-03-21 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Jayco is a very good brand. It definitely leads the market in value and consumer comfort. When it comes to taking care of their salesmen they drop the ball tremendously. They have a spiff submission program that is an absolute joke in which I’m waiting on the better part of more than 1k in earned money for selling their inventory
- Billy Starley, Texas

2019-03-11 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

We purchased our 5th wheel in August knowing that the Minong Salespeople used this camper as a demo in Duluth once. We would never have imagined that they used the toilet,,, WITHOUT WATER OR CHEMICALS IN THE TOILET. The salespeople had to use the camper more than they let on as the toilet caked up and was not able to drain. Twice we had it back to the service people drying to unclog the gross mess (service people were very obliging). Can you imagine camping and unable to flush your toilet as soon as you arrive at the campground?! When the salespeople were told about the gross mess they made, it was like they didn't care; they got their money - oh well! This was in Minong, Wisconsin.
- Marsha & Doug Bruner, Wyoming

2019-02-02 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLDS View Listings

Nothing but problems since purchase in July 2018. So far I have had 23 issues. Such as wiring installed incorrectly,numerous water leaks, air conditioner not working, furnace not working, linoleum bubbling,trim missing, trim coming off, tv antenna not working,sewer rod broke etc.
- Ben Neigum, North Dakota

2019-01-31 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 314BHDS View Listings

Bought this new at CW of Mesquite, Texas. Owned for 5 months and gas furnace went out due to water leakage from plastic fitting weren't very tight. Sustained water damage under kitchen sink and bathroom sink as well and damaged wood trims (Swollen and peeling) Tightened all to fix problems and has not leaked since. Very poor quality inspection from factory. Fridge stopped cooling and a nightmare dealing with warranty from factory. They will not come out to you to fix it. You have to bring it back to CW for all the work. Gas water heater stopped working too and had to use electric side for time being. Overall, I'm not impressed with the quality as they could have prevented most issues like water from factory by doing a leak test. I'm told they build these in one day very fast and therefore sacrifice quality for quantity. Factory mentality is let the customers fix the problems after they buy it, they're just concerned with numbers of units they can sell quickly. I don't recommend the new Jayco products because of this experience. The old Jaycos were better quality.
- Joe VanDzura, Texas

2019-01-22 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5BHXB View Listings

Purchased new in 2016. Only 2 problems have both been warranted and repaired: 1) Brake shoes came covered with grease from the factory. Replaced under warranty with no further problems. 2) Tank spray antibackflow device was leaking. Replaced under warranty with no further problems. Extra 1/2 bath is wonderful. We frequently use the bunk room for reading or just relaxing if main living area is crowded. We are well satisfied with the unit.
- J Gerber, Iowa

2018-09-19 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Bought this 2 months ago and it has been in for warranty repairs more then we have got to use it. Entertainment center t.v. Put on with 3 staples fell off first trip. The t.v. Antenna fell off, bubbles in the flooring, the cupboard under the t.v. fell in also just put on with 2 staples. Never buy a jaco unless you want to have it getting repaired all summer. Worst fifth wheel we have ever owned, and yep picked it up Saturday and surprise had to take it back to services the next day and that's where it sits. And the service department OMG there not any better.
- Tami Delorto, California

2018-08-27 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHDS View Listings

This is our 2nd and LAST Jayco. The first Jayco was a 2013 27.5 for which we had very little or no real problems. The new 2017 Jayco is a lemon. We had a tire almost bald after 500 miles. Turned out that the axle was bent and the tire was badly toeing. Ended up replacing all 5 tires (had a replace one on the road before we could get to a dealer to fix)and both axles. Next, the water switch between the fresh water tank and the city water wouldn't stop filling the fresh water tank while it was switched to the city water setting. The flooring in the living room bubbled up in several places. The faucet in the bathroom squeaked and had to be replaced. The outside door would not lock. I had to cut the frame around the door to fix. The front AC would not work. Camping world said there was no connection to the compressor! Now after I just got the trailer back from getting the warranty work at Camping World, the slide is sticking at the top and is bowing the slide. Cannot get it back in to fix until 3 months from now. Camping World is the only warranty dealer in Denver and there is at least a 3 month wait to get anything done. The service guy at CW tried to tell me we really didn't need the second AC working anyway! I'm very disappointed in the quality of this trailer. I will never buy another Jayco.
- Bruce B, Colorado

2018-08-12 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

Took the RV out the next day after our purchase. The refrigerator Stopped working had to buy ice and ice chest for all the food, lost some food. We went out site seeing and came back to the medicine cabinet on the floor. The floor Is bubbled in spots. Jayco told the salesmen that they do not glue down the floor because it will crack in the cold. There is no pride in the workmanship in this RV. The cabinets are crooked. You can see daylight above the freezer. And that’s not all. AGAIN THE WORKMANSHIP IS BAD NO PRIDE IN THE WORK THEY DO
- Pat, Colorado

2018-07-04 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5RLTS View Listings

We ABSOLUTELY love the floorplan and the quality of craftsmanship, far out weighs some of the RV's we looked at. We are retirees and the ONLY reason we are selling is that its just too big for us. This is our first time owning an RV and should have started with a smaller one and then upgraded. Goes to show you are never too old to learn.
- DENISE MITCHELL , Georgia

2018-06-24 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 28.5RSTS View Listings

We have had the RV 1 year and have had the rv in for service 5 times. The kitchen water leaked and the bedroom slide leaked. They found 12" of seal missing. This should have been caught at factory. The kitchen slide has never worked right it hangs up. They replaced the board and this worked for a while but now it gone out again. With this model if the slide does not work you can not use the kitchen.
- Audis Smith, Texas

2018-04-16 2017 Jayco Eagle HT 26.5BHS View Listings

We have had he trailer almost 11 months and we have had it in our possession 2 months. There are two holes in the wall that Jayco should have caught, the slide out rails needed to be fixed, the hot water tank leaked, the battery disconnect was replaced as it was faulty, the o2 sensor had to be replaced and many other items. Thor Industries (Jayco parent company) has taken a once enjoyable time for my family and made it stressful. They do not back there product sure they fix the issue but after two years it’s on me and so far there track record is poor. It’s a shame they have stolen our joy of camping. Now we make payments on a trailer we hope to see for the May long weekend. Never again will I buy a Jayco product. Lost customer 4 life.
- Jeff, Ontario

2018-02-21 2018 Jayco Eagle HT 275RLTS View Listings

After owning a Jayco Whitehawk for a couple years we decided to upgrade to a 5th wheel. The new pickup we liked had Ramboxes which we were told, was hard to make work with a 5th wheel hitch, so we took our test drive to Bish's RV in Meridian and talked with Jeff, who told us it could be done easily. We met with our RV salesman, Dinko Bosnjak to start our search for our perfect 5th wheel RV. After looking at what they had on the lot, we decided to order a new Jayco Eagle HT. The whole crew at Bish's have been wonderful to work with and their service is superb. Thank you for making this an enjoyable experience. bosnjak
- Ron & Linda Strain, Idaho