Jayco Alante Reviews on RV Insider (21)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Alante RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Hubert Rosch from Utah says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

I purchased this coach new on Black Friday 2017 and the first time driving a MH other than short test drives was from Colorado to Utah. A bit scary as I learned about wind, semi’s and my “best” speed. Stored for the winter our shakedown trip was an early April week in Southern Utah. I fully expected to have some items fixed. Two weeks at the dealer and everything was taken care of. I did a few suspension fixes myself, added items and went on a 10 day trip to Oregon. Only two items to fix after this trip. A 35 day trip to the Midwest in August had us in wind, rain, heat, traffic and more with no problems. Now leaving June 5 for four months to Alaska and the Midwest with great confidence in this coach. We also tow a car on all of our trips. I am a DIY person and have done a lot of work to the coach; suspension CHF, dog house and floor insulation, bedroom TV, water softener, and all the little necessities of hoses, spare parts, filters, single handle faucets, etc. but all in all I love this coach. It handles well (hey, I’m driving an 18,000 pound house down the road), has all the features we want, is comfortable to live in and easy to operate it’s many systems.
- Hubert Rosch, Utah

2020-11-07 2020 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

I have a new 2020 Jayco Alante 29S. I’m frustrated with the quality of the vehicle and the service from the dealer. They delivered the RV with an alignment issue. The RV’s drivers AC went out 30 mins in on the first trip. The awning broke on the first trip also. We had multiple pieces of trim fall off with the as well. I’m told I have to drive it an hour away to have it serviced - even though it’s brand new. Regret this purchase. Steer clear.
- Robin, Florida

2020-10-02 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

Vinyl floor replaced 2 times, had to return to have the 2nd floor reinstalled. Glued down, really glued down. You should see the adhesive up against my cabinets. Full floating floor, right. Drivability, wanders when full of gas and water. Truck shop/alignment shop said, yep alignment is off camber and toe changed when full of 80 gallons of gas and 60 gallons of water. Ride height is off when loaded, takes weight off steering axle and RV wanders. Look it up, I did. Drives fine when water tank empty and fuel tank is between 1/4 and 1/2. Generator won't stay running. TV shuts off when rear a/c turns on. Fresh water heating system, owners manual clearly shows water protected from freezing to minus 11 degrees. Water pump and lines froze at 28 degrees. Dealer said Jayco has the right to change specs even after the sale. EVEN AFTER THE SALE. WHAT ELSE DON'T THE TELL YOU. Didn't tell me that at time of sale. Jayco customer support said can't help you. Shower stall was out of square, water leaked all over the floor, had to move a wall to fix. Shower floor cracked. Brand new motorhome, move a wall. Simply amazing. Windshield wipers failed, took 3, yes 3 visits to resolve, maybe. I haven't driven in the rain since the 3rd visit. Musty smell when you walk in the RV, something is leaking. Dealer said they found shower drain pipes not glued, really. My list goes on and on. I have had to move into this mess full time since the Covid 19 issue. Can't get parts, even before this Covid thing took weeks and weeks to get parts from Jayco. Dealer thinks this is just the norm, buy the RV and bring it back to have it finished being manufactured. Buyer, do your homework. I have all the invoices to prove what I have just said. Make Jayco your last choice. Wish I would have.
- Christopher Torres, Nevada

2020-09-23 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

We love this coach! Have owned for 2.5 years and 9000 miles without any major issues. Significant improvement in handling then previous models that I owned. Jride is more than just a sales gimmick. I do wish that there was more storage available on the outside or that at least one of the compartments was deeper and higher. Also wish ladder for roof access as available And the awning was larger. Overall 9.5 out of 10
- Tim Noyes, Florida

2020-09-20 2020 Jayco Alante 29F View Listings

We purchased our 2020 Jayco Alante in June. Our coach has the new V-8 engine. Since June, our Rv has been in the Ford Service Station 4 times for the same problem. The engine light has been "on" since day one. Apparently, the wires of the spark plugs are defected. After complaining to Ford and opening a file. Ford finally replaced all 8 spark plugs and 6 of the wires. The warranty would only approve 6 wires. We are now traveling to Chicago from Florida and the engine is running terrible. misfiring and screeching loud noises. We are so fed up . And to make matters worse, the shower is leaking really bad. Water coming out the bottom. Upper bunk is loose, and a few minor problems not worth to mention. We love our RV but hate all the problems.
- Yvonne Rodriguez, Florida

2020-09-03 2020 Jayco Alante 29F View Listings

my vehicle had been more in service than I have it and I still not able to go Camping. Just recently it did expend more than 2 months in the shop.Must techs did not know the problems with the Camera, TV and radio programing and reception,Awning,Flood light out and not LED, hood locks, grill replace, rear camera replace twice, mirror cameras fix,rear right rear light replaced etc.
- Dennis Rodriguez Esteban, Florida

2020-07-06 2020 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

Nothing but disappointment and buyer’s remorse!! We purchased this coach in February, 2020. Due to COVID-19, we did not get to use it until Memorial Day weekend. We were 5 hours late to get on the road due to all the issues discovered the morning of our departure. My husband decided to check underneath and found all the wires just hanging down and rubbing against parts that will heat up when in use. While he was tying all that up, I discovered the toilet was leaking. The connection behind the tank was stripped. When I was unwrapping the mattress, it appeared to have been folded in half at some point. Driving down the road, the refrigerator door flung open every time we took a left turn. The passenger window was never sealed. The JRide suspension is a joke!! And after 8 days in use the water heater has gone out. We got stuck in a hail storm and the fiberglass roof took a serious hit leaving ya with 8 large cracks. When we asked about how to repair it, the only option is a full replacement. We have spent over $3,000 on repairs and suspension and it’s only been used for 14 days. WE WILL NEVER BUY A JAYCO AGAIN!!
- Leanne Forman, Texas

2020-06-06 2019 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

The lack of quality in this Jayco product is truly incredible. Wide open gaps in the cockpit assembly, pieces glued or screwed together unevenly, window nets that fall apart after being removed for the first time, awning that doesn't work, power steps with a mind of its own, cheap vinyl seating that looks like they have been stiched together by a 5 year old, pieces of interior trim falling off after the first few miles, not to mention that the motorhome while underway is a constant source of new and accruing rattles and squeaks. And lastly, the proudly advertised "J Ride" suspension is the worst I have driven in a motorhome. The only things that worked fine, were parts delivered by other manufacturers to install in this motorhome. The entire coach feels mass produced, with zero attention to detail, no quality control and cost cutting at every corner. If they were selling it new for $30k I still would not buy it, as it would inevitably ruin every trip I was to take with it.
- Paul Evans, British Columbia

2020-05-19 2020 Jayco Alante 29S View Listings

To spend the money we did to buy a lemon as you can imagine has been nothing but stressful. Bought this RV 5 days ago and the list is long- slideout wouldn’t work, cable to TV’s don’t work, refrigerator not getting cold, water in one of the storage compartment, leak inside, door has loud noise and more
- Tracey, New Hampshire

2020-03-06 2019 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

I bought my Alante 26x in April 2019. After two trips, I had it in Camping world for warranty work. After 6 weeks, they finally found the parts and repaired the over head bed and replaced the decals. After 3000 miles, the battery "gel" exploded and I had to pay for another one as Jayco does not warranty batteries. I took a month long trip in December 2019...I. again, needed warranty work. It is now March and the RV has been in warranty limbo since January 7th (the parts have been on order...still waiting for the parts to come in, etc.) Either Jayco has the worst product out there, or Jayco hand makes all their products from scratch. At this rate, my RV has been in the shop 5 months in 1 year and used it 6 weeks. The warranty needs to be much longer than 2 years!.
- Carol Strotman, New Mexico

2020-01-16 2016 Jayco Alante 26AX View Listings

For only being total 28ft long the livability is very friendly. The sleeping accommodations for 4 adults, one being a queen size drop down bed and the other being a slide out bedroom with a queen size bed and 2 children are perfectly situated for maximum privacy. The features found on this coach are usually only found on much larger more expensive coaches. Simple things like a glass shower door and more elaborate amenities such as a solid one piece fiberglass roof, 2 roof mounted air conditioners, 3 flat screen tvs , including one in an outdoor entertainment center. Large one piece windshield and the J ride upgraded suspension makes this coach easy to control and very comfortable for long drives. This unit comes with a tow dolly and the rear view camera makes towing your car both simple and safe. This coach is like new you must see it to believe it.
- Joseph Miller, Louisiana

2020-01-15 2017 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

This is a very livable Motorhome with lots of storage space both inside and out. Plenty of storage in the bedroom with 12 drawers and two large closets. A large pantry in the kitchen with overhead cabinets plus the lower cabinets provides great storage for your groceries and cooking and eating utensils. The LED lighting throughout provides a bright atmosphere and does not add much to the electrical load. It looks sharp moving down the road and drives like a dream. It is the 4th Class A motorhome I have owned and by far the most comfortable to drive because of the exclusive Jayco J ride Suspension. There is minimal sway from passing trucks and quick, positive steering keeps it steady in the driving lane. It has a short turning radius for easy maneuvering in the campground or city streets. The full length awning makes sitting outside a pleasure, especially while watching the outside TV. Meal preparation is very easy with the spacious counter and proximity of the stove, refrigerator, and sink. I have added an additional grab bar on the left side of the door for added safety and ease of entering and exiting for someone that may have physical limitations. Traveling with extra people is no problem with the drop down bunk in the cockpit area. This easily accommodates two adults. The dinette will make into a bed for another adult or two children. With the slideouts deployed you don't feel like you are constantly bumping into one another. The addition of the electric recliner sofa makes watching the opposite wall mounted TV a comfortable occasion. This sofa can also be used as a bed for two adults. The automatic hydraulic leveling system makes setting up in a campground very quick and easy. The only things left are the utility hookups and you are ready to enjoy life. All in all, this is a very comfortable RV and the only reason I am selling it is my age and health issues. Otherwise you would be passing me on some highway here in the U.S.
- Robert Geesler, Florida

2020-01-03 2017 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

Perfect size for a couple to travel Also grand kids come along and use The bunk above the cab as well as dinette and sofa we travel with a towed car and it's works great the coach is like new inside and out all the conveniences of a large coach without the expense it's been wonderful
- wgtemplin, Florida

2019-12-13 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

I owned this mobilehome at February 2018! Non-stop problems go for repairs for more than 20x! Never got used for one time without problems..! 1, the window broke! 2, the Engine battery broken down repairs 3x! 3, the generator battery are broken down repairs 2x! 4, The stairs broke repairs 3x 5, the toilet leaks repair 1x 6, the window leak repair for the new windows ! 7, the wall paper are issued needs repairs at soon ! 8, the awning broke repair 1x 9, the window curtains come down when I moved the RV! 10, the drawers come down too when I moved ! 11, At the passenger side under the desk is Leaks! And still don’t know where the leaks come from needs repair at soon! 12, the heaters are broken and on the #4x repairs! 13, the shower doors are leaks repair 1x 14, the outdoor TV wall repair 1x! That’s what I can remember for now! At the 22 months drive to the RV shop for the repairs more than 20 times! Almost half time sitting at the RV shop for repairs and I am still can’t use the RV at all.. never can use for ones!!!!! now I am at the campground and No hate because the same s*** happens again and again... nonstop problems!! I called the RV shop and jayco Company asked them how you expected me to pay for 100K for the RV and never got to use ones! And asked them what else do you want me to do with this crap!! One guy who’s working for jayco he said you still can use the RV and just wait for the repairs!!! I said to him do you know NY? Do you know is snowing here right now? Do you know is under the degrees is under the 30’? You saying I still can use the RV without the heat? I asked him do you know what are you talking about? Then he’s being a****e told me he didn’t understand what I am talking about and he asked me to Speak English!! I Said to him off course you don’t understand me now because you guys trying to do nothing for me! And I told him I am speak English right now and how about if you don’t understand me then just hand over the phone to someone else at the office and no response to being A*****e! Then the guy who’s taking over the phone call he’s name’s Jay. I asked him do you understand my English? He said YES and perfectly understand everything what I asked him!! That’s what kind of Type Of called Jayco service? NO ..no respected !! That’s what is the Jayco makes of produces? Who’s else wants the Jayco makes!!
- Wong kin, New York

2019-12-01 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

Purchased in March of 2019, retired,wife and I were to fulltime travel. Well she passed away and I'm carrying on. Clearly unsafe to drive. Trucks, RV's and similar sized vehicles just push me off the road, either direction. I have only put just 1200 miles on it since purchase in March of 2019. My dealer has done a "cheap"sway bar adjustment and bumped the tire pressures up. Shower stall is not square, water leaks to the floor, shower base is cracked, haven't been able to use shower in weeks. Floor has developed rust colored spots thru out the motorhome. My 3RD list goes on. Selling dealer has been very cooperative and really trying to get this thing fixed but at some point you have to throw in the ball. This is the 3rd and last time it goes into the shop. I have obtained professional advice and the 3rd time is the charm. Not correct this time the selling dealer, their salesman "gave false and misleading information" and Jayco will have hell to pay. As god is my witness this I promise.
- Christopher Torres, Nevada

2019-09-19 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

I purchased a 2018 Jayco Alante 31V in Dec 2017 from Orlando RV in Orlando Fl. I took my first long trip in it June 2018 from Florida to Wisconsin. Motorhome had been used four times previously and had 2200 miles on it. The very first day on the road the radio stopped working. The next day the GPS and back-up camera stopped working. Also the refrigerator propane portion stopped working. Two days later just prior to our arrival in Wisconsin the dining table collapsed. All the screws holding it to the stand fell out, they appeared to be stripped. We finally reached our destination in Eagle River Wisconsin. Since the house we were selling in Eagle River was empty we stayed in the motorhome. Myself, an 84 year old woman and a 77 year old woman. Fun... The fourth day there we were sitting inside eating lunch and we hear a big bang outside. I went outside and to my disbelief the awning had collapsed and was blocking the door. No wind, no rain, nothing. Turns out the rivets holding the extender bars together had sheared off making the awning unusable. The closest Jayco dealer was thirty miles away so I called them. They told me that they could not help me because they don't work on motorhomes just travel trailers. Now I don't have a clue what to do... I couldn't drive the motorhome with the awning unsecure. Since the 84 year old woman was from the area I asked her to start calling friends for help. Her realtor knew an old farmer who used to work on motorhomes many years ago so we called him. He just happened (thank god) to have an old awning extender in his barn. It didn't fit but it allowed me to roll up the awning so that I could drive the motorhome back to Florida and have the items all fixed at Orlando RV under warranty. When I arrived back in Florida I called Orlando RV. (Sep 18,2018) Believe it or not after a week of daily phone calls and leaving a message I finally received a call back. I told the service manager what needed to be repaired and she said that the earliest they could get me in was Dec 15th. Remember this is Sep 15 that I talked to them. On Dec 15 I was on my way to Orlando when the motorhome died on the interstate. After waiting 80 minutes a Florida state trooper called a tow truck and I had the motorhome towed back to my home. (Cost me $300) I called Orlando RV to appraise them of the situation. The same service manager said the earliest they could get me in for an appointment would be March 27th 2019. So thank thee lord I have an appointment. I drive back to Orlando and give them the motorhome. Seven hours later (me waiting in the waiting room) they call me to the service desk to tell me that yup you are correct, those things are broken. They tell me now that they must order the parts and work the warranty claim through Jayco and the manufacturer. Will probably take 4 to 6 weeks. OK what can I do, they own me. Six weeks go by and I have called them 9 times for an update. They tell me they are still going through the warranty process but Jayco and Carefree has refused to repair the awning. I ask why and am told that they don't warranty awnings.(I have signed paperwork from Orlando RV stating I have a two year warranty on the below listed items. The very first item is the Awning. After much arguing all the way up to one of the owners. (Mark Strollo) no satisfaction of course. So, it is now Sep 19, 2019 and I have not had a single item repaired. Over a year from when I first called Orlando RV. I have been overly patient but don't know what I can do next. By the way I wrote and email to Jayco informing them of my problems and received an email back from Tina Companello, Customer Service Rep. She apologized for Jayco's incompetent manufacturing but stated that she cannot control our dealers and how they run their business. But she hopes they are customer friendly. My recommendation to all you folks reading this is to make sure you do not buy anything from Orlando RV. Read the terrible reviews on line and heed what they say. As for Jayco, they should be ashamed that their quality control is so bad and that they don't care if their customers are happy. I would never buy a Jayco again and I would recommend that all of you don't either. Please pass these comments on to all your camping friends to ensure they don't get taken like I have. By the way, over the last year I have called Orlando RV 182 times with nothing fixed. To make it worse I recently received a flyer from them saying they had hired more mechanics and extended their hours because they care about the service to their customers.
- Robert Fredette, Florida

2019-08-07 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

We’ve enjoyed our experience with our Jayco Alante. It’s comfortable to ride in and big enough for my husband and I to live in for months at a time. We even took our daughter and three grandkids on a week-long trip. It was a bit tight but we had a great time. I wish there was a bit more room around the queen-sized bed for making it, but it’s doable. A great RV!
- Linda Frey, Florida

2019-02-24 2018 Jayco Alante 31P View Listings

We bought a brand new Jayco Alante 2018. On the way home the reading light by the passenger seat fell off and broke. Then we took it out on the first trip. We found 11 different things wrong with the RV. 1. Steering wheel off center when driving straight. 2. Passenger seat swivels but wont lock into place. 3. Shower leaks around the shower door enclosure. 4. Water leaking from under the coach on the left side from fresh water tank. 5. Screen door material coming out of the frame. 6. Right side headlamp is full of water. 7. Velcro cushions on dinette only on one side so doesn't stay in place. 8. Trim above the bath window is loose and hanging down. 9. Entry door threshold is missing screws. 10. Dash radio camera is malfunctioning doesn't show camera when turning and keeps making popping noise. 11. Whistle noise coming from driver side and passenger side windows when driving. We brought it back gave them 2 weeks to fix since we were going out on another trip. We come to pick it up and 1 out of the 11 things were fixed. One thing in 2 weeks come on. No call no updates no nothing to let us know what was going on. They apologize and say sorry that nothing was done. We will have to bring it back. It takes half a tank just to bring it from our house to the shop. They need to pay for this to either come and get it or comp us on our gas. This is completely unacceptable how the customer service seems to not give a crap on how much of an inconvenience this is. A brand new Rv should not have this many issues. We will be going on websites for reviews and calling the corporate office to deal with.
- Heather Olson, California

2019-02-22 2017 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

We had high hopes for this Rv, but the problems started as soon as we drove off the lot. Excited about the purchase I attributed the rough ride & front end vibrations to tires being out of round & not balanced. The result was that four out of the six tires had to be replaced because they could not be balanced! After that, two replacement radios, new entry steps, new auto levelers, new front power shade, & the latest the battery boost & heated mirror switches were reversed so when I accidently hit the mirror switch, the slides were disabled as well as the awning & front shade. When the dealer tried to trouble shoot the problem Jayco dragged their feet supplying a wiring diagram. Apparently they don't supply the diagram to their dealers. Other minor problems lead me to believe that Jayco's quality control is non existent. Never again
- Tom Colligan, Florida

2018-09-11 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

Bought our first RV last month, which is the 2018 Allante 26X. Have only taken two small trips so far but plan on taking a 10 day trip coming up here next week. So far we absolutely love the motorhome. Motorhomes2go in Grand rapids have been great to work with. I’ve read some bad reviews on the handling of the Atlanti models, but I’m not sure what people expect, I think it goes down the road great. And everything else in and on the motorhome seems to work just as expected. Great job Jayco!
- Lance, Michigan

2018-08-31 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

The Jayco Eagle is a very high quality travel trailer. I am extremely satisfied with the product and the service I received from Ray, a sales representative at Camping World Spartenberg SC While shopping I looked at many different models and the patience shown to by Ray and Jon was commendable. When its time to trade in I will be back
- lawrence ferguson, South Carolina