Jayco Alante RVs Reviews (7)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Jayco Alante RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Hubert Rosch from Utah says:

Have you owned any Jayco Alante RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

I purchased this coach new on Black Friday 2017 and the first time driving a MH other than short test drives was from Colorado to Utah. A bit scary as I learned about wind, semi’s and my “best” speed. Stored for the winter our shakedown trip was an early April week in Southern Utah. I fully expected to have some items fixed. Two weeks at the dealer and everything was taken care of. I did a few suspension fixes myself, added items and went on a 10 day trip to Oregon. Only two items to fix after this trip. A 35 day trip to the Midwest in August had us in wind, rain, heat, traffic and more with no problems. Now leaving June 5 for four months to Alaska and the Midwest with great confidence in this coach. We also tow a car on all of our trips. I am a DIY person and have done a lot of work to the coach; suspension CHF, dog house and floor insulation, bedroom TV, water softener, and all the little necessities of hoses, spare parts, filters, single handle faucets, etc. but all in all I love this coach. It handles well (hey, I’m driving an 18,000 pound house down the road), has all the features we want, is comfortable to live in and easy to operate it’s many systems.
- Hubert Rosch, Utah

2019-09-19 2018 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

I purchased a 2018 Jayco Alante 31V in Dec 2017 from Orlando RV in Orlando Fl. I took my first long trip in it June 2018 from Florida to Wisconsin. Motorhome had been used four times previously and had 2200 miles on it. The very first day on the road the radio stopped working. The next day the GPS and back-up camera stopped working. Also the refrigerator propane portion stopped working. Two days later just prior to our arrival in Wisconsin the dining table collapsed. All the screws holding it to the stand fell out, they appeared to be stripped. We finally reached our destination in Eagle River Wisconsin. Since the house we were selling in Eagle River was empty we stayed in the motorhome. Myself, an 84 year old woman and a 77 year old woman. Fun... The fourth day there we were sitting inside eating lunch and we hear a big bang outside. I went outside and to my disbelief the awning had collapsed and was blocking the door. No wind, no rain, nothing. Turns out the rivets holding the extender bars together had sheared off making the awning unusable. The closest Jayco dealer was thirty miles away so I called them. They told me that they could not help me because they don't work on motorhomes just travel trailers. Now I don't have a clue what to do... I couldn't drive the motorhome with the awning unsecure. Since the 84 year old woman was from the area I asked her to start calling friends for help. Her realtor knew an old farmer who used to work on motorhomes many years ago so we called him. He just happened (thank god) to have an old awning extender in his barn. It didn't fit but it allowed me to roll up the awning so that I could drive the motorhome back to Florida and have the items all fixed at Orlando RV under warranty. When I arrived back in Florida I called Orlando RV. (Sep 18,2018) Believe it or not after a week of daily phone calls and leaving a message I finally received a call back. I told the service manager what needed to be repaired and she said that the earliest they could get me in was Dec 15th. Remember this is Sep 15 that I talked to them. On Dec 15 I was on my way to Orlando when the motorhome died on the interstate. After waiting 80 minutes a Florida state trooper called a tow truck and I had the motorhome towed back to my home. (Cost me $300) I called Orlando RV to appraise them of the situation. The same service manager said the earliest they could get me in for an appointment would be March 27th 2019. So thank thee lord I have an appointment. I drive back to Orlando and give them the motorhome. Seven hours later (me waiting in the waiting room) they call me to the service desk to tell me that yup you are correct, those things are broken. They tell me now that they must order the parts and work the warranty claim through Jayco and the manufacturer. Will probably take 4 to 6 weeks. OK what can I do, they own me. Six weeks go by and I have called them 9 times for an update. They tell me they are still going through the warranty process but Jayco and Carefree has refused to repair the awning. I ask why and am told that they don't warranty awnings.(I have signed paperwork from Orlando RV stating I have a two year warranty on the below listed items. The very first item is the Awning. After much arguing all the way up to one of the owners. (Mark Strollo) no satisfaction of course. So, it is now Sep 19, 2019 and I have not had a single item repaired. Over a year from when I first called Orlando RV. I have been overly patient but don't know what I can do next. By the way I wrote and email to Jayco informing them of my problems and received an email back from Tina Companello, Customer Service Rep. She apologized for Jayco's incompetent manufacturing but stated that she cannot control our dealers and how they run their business. But she hopes they are customer friendly. My recommendation to all you folks reading this is to make sure you do not buy anything from Orlando RV. Read the terrible reviews on line and heed what they say. As for Jayco, they should be ashamed that their quality control is so bad and that they don't care if their customers are happy. I would never buy a Jayco again and I would recommend that all of you don't either. Please pass these comments on to all your camping friends to ensure they don't get taken like I have. By the way, over the last year I have called Orlando RV 182 times with nothing fixed. To make it worse I recently received a flyer from them saying they had hired more mechanics and extended their hours because they care about the service to their customers.
- Robert Fredette, Florida

2019-08-07 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

We’ve enjoyed our experience with our Jayco Alante. It’s comfortable to ride in and big enough for my husband and I to live in for months at a time. We even took our daughter and three grandkids on a week-long trip. It was a bit tight but we had a great time. I wish there was a bit more room around the queen-sized bed for making it, but it’s doable. A great RV!
- Linda Frey, Florida

2019-02-24 2018 Jayco Alante 31P View Listings

We bought a brand new Jayco Alante 2018. On the way home the reading light by the passenger seat fell off and broke. Then we took it out on the first trip. We found 11 different things wrong with the RV. 1. Steering wheel off center when driving straight. 2. Passenger seat swivels but wont lock into place. 3. Shower leaks around the shower door enclosure. 4. Water leaking from under the coach on the left side from fresh water tank. 5. Screen door material coming out of the frame. 6. Right side headlamp is full of water. 7. Velcro cushions on dinette only on one side so doesn't stay in place. 8. Trim above the bath window is loose and hanging down. 9. Entry door threshold is missing screws. 10. Dash radio camera is malfunctioning doesn't show camera when turning and keeps making popping noise. 11. Whistle noise coming from driver side and passenger side windows when driving. We brought it back gave them 2 weeks to fix since we were going out on another trip. We come to pick it up and 1 out of the 11 things were fixed. One thing in 2 weeks come on. No call no updates no nothing to let us know what was going on. They apologize and say sorry that nothing was done. We will have to bring it back. It takes half a tank just to bring it from our house to the shop. They need to pay for this to either come and get it or comp us on our gas. This is completely unacceptable how the customer service seems to not give a crap on how much of an inconvenience this is. A brand new Rv should not have this many issues. We will be going on websites for reviews and calling the corporate office to deal with.
- Heather Olson, California

2019-02-22 2017 Jayco Alante 31V View Listings

We had high hopes for this Rv, but the problems started as soon as we drove off the lot. Excited about the purchase I attributed the rough ride & front end vibrations to tires being out of round & not balanced. The result was that four out of the six tires had to be replaced because they could not be balanced! After that, two replacement radios, new entry steps, new auto levelers, new front power shade, & the latest the battery boost & heated mirror switches were reversed so when I accidently hit the mirror switch, the slides were disabled as well as the awning & front shade. When the dealer tried to trouble shoot the problem Jayco dragged their feet supplying a wiring diagram. Apparently they don't supply the diagram to their dealers. Other minor problems lead me to believe that Jayco's quality control is non existent. Never again
- Tom Colligan, Florida

2018-09-11 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

Bought our first RV last month, which is the 2018 Allante 26X. Have only taken two small trips so far but plan on taking a 10 day trip coming up here next week. So far we absolutely love the motorhome. Motorhomes2go in Grand rapids have been great to work with. I’ve read some bad reviews on the handling of the Atlanti models, but I’m not sure what people expect, I think it goes down the road great. And everything else in and on the motorhome seems to work just as expected. Great job Jayco!
- Lance, Michigan

2018-08-31 2018 Jayco Alante 26X View Listings

The Jayco Eagle is a very high quality travel trailer. I am extremely satisfied with the product and the service I received from Ray, a sales representative at Camping World Spartenberg SC While shopping I looked at many different models and the patience shown to by Ray and Jon was commendable. When its time to trade in I will be back
- lawrence ferguson, South Carolina