Hymer Sunlight Reviews on RV Insider (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Hymer Sunlight RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

2020-02-15 2017 Hymer Sunlight Van One View Listings

The Sunlight 1 was ideal for myself and goldenretrievers. I bought it because I needed a reliable way to cart us out of hurricane land and go to the park or vet. I moved 2800 miles with it; the pets and I were very comfortable going down the road ( hotel to hotel.) 30 months after owning it, it sat for 5 weeks in my driveway because my groomer had a family emergency and due to the holidays, and in the mid 40's and rain, it smoldered for 20 minuets, according to the security camera, erupted into fire and burnt intensely landing the engine on the ground. Had I parked the engine towards the house, my house would have caught fire. I was home, the dog alerted me, firemen came within 15 minuets. Amen. It was a joy to drive and I really miss it. There were no lithium batteries kept on board. The AGM batteries are hard to locate under the center body of the truck. The recall for engine cooling fan in Dec 2019 was known, with no current remedy, but since it had not moved in 5 weeks, not the issue. Insurance is investigating. This is the first vehicle of this kind I have owned. This vehicle did not have the sun panels to recharge a battery, nor did it have a tow package. I added a backup camera and made no other changes. The rear signals were changed due to moisture and were under warranty.
- J nelson, Washington

2019-07-30 2017 Hymer Sunlight Van One View Listings

We love this compact campervan and have taken it to many Rv resorts, the beach and camping. The ride is smooth and since it’s on a Dodge Promaster chasis, it gets great gas mileage. The two sofas turn into a comfy queen bed at night and the lights inside the coach are a classy touch.
- Sasha, California