Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

michelle lilly from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 36F View Listings

Beyond devastated! This is the worst purchase Ive ever made! My husband and I were so excited to get a new one.As we had a 2001 that was nickel and dimming us. However to our dismay we had less problems with old one. Which was different brand.I feel Holiday Rambler is a poor example of craftsmanship!!!!!! Where do I begin? After using it for only 2 weeks we had generator problems.Which was a challenge since we use it to travel for work 35 weeks a year! And even after we supposedly had it fixed.....Yet again it didn't work while we were staying in it!! Who has time for this nonsense? Now I list the things I can recall that are or were wrong with it. The TV doesn't work in living room. Looks to be cracked from the inside. Bathroom wall isn't attached to ceiling and the door caves in. Front fender my husband had to mcGyver it with a zip tie, since fender is missing a bolt.Two parts of the bedroom wall aren't completely attached.Antenna doesn't work. Tub has a substantial crack in it! Breaker box clip fell off so it hangs open unless you put utility tape over a 2018!!!!!!!! Screen door handle fell off. The water when you take a shower is consistent for 3 seconds. Second bathroom toilet leaks as well as kitchen sink!! One of the jacks looks to be leaking due to oil on it. One slide leaks whether driving down the road or extended. headlights work better on dim and you see the trees better than the road! Running lights quit so my husband rigged them up. And again these are the things i can recall. And if you'd like to make an appointment for repairs somewhere that can fix under warranty, good luck! Another comment I saw that said this coach must of been built on a friday. I said exact same thing prior! I really hope people see these complaints before purchasing.
- michelle lilly, Michigan

2021-03-02 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

I want to be clear - I wrote REV group trying to resolve the issues - but they obviously could not care less. My spouse is a travelling nurse, specializing in ICU and Critical Care. She stays in the unit when she's on assignment. We bought our Vacationer XE 32A because of the layout. It was ideal for her. (Note - I think I'd avoid the white leather, though ---- it stains super easily) To be fair, HR has built some nice features into cabinetry, as well as furniture. The wood finish is nice for an entry level motor home. Unfortunately, that's where the quality stops. The vehicle shakes and wanders all over the road when we drive it (will be purchasing a steering stabilizer if we opt to keep it). The dealer we purchased it from checked alignment and balance and reported no problems. I conclude it's just a crappy design. Drivability is between poor and fair. The cell phone microphone they put into this unit is awful, and you need to be careful with the driver's seat when you crank the room in. The achilles heel on this thing is the water heater. It works sometimes - but we've never had enough hot water to take a shower (even a short one). We've had it in a nearby shop 3 times with no resolution - and HR just kind of shrugged. The levelling system is tempermental. Seems there's always something going wrong with it. We just disconnected it and bought plastic levellers. (I think that's a highly unsatisfactory situation, but we put up with it because we can work around it). The heat in the under-belly is a great touch - but HR did not hook up the ductwork that goes from the furnace to the bedroom. Result - - cold bedroom. That's just lazy slop. My biggest bone to pick is the way HR handles warranties. The very second it's out, it's out. They just shrug and say "out of warranty." (actually - would be elated if they said that much - they've ignored our attempts) My spouse's passion is saving lives, not fixing motorhomes and supporting mechanic pensions. I'm disappointed, and won't be purchasing another REV Group product.
- Richard Miller, West Virginia

2020-12-25 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

If you're new to RVs, buy from a dealer who will give you an extensive, detailed walk through. The manual is not helpful at all. My unit has a few bugs. I suppose that's normal. The problem is that the manual gives no reliable guidance. There is nothing "standard" .... id imagine the most common problem with RVs. Thing is, with a 100k , I think it'd be reasonable to expect and get more support and documentation. Many of my unit's components do not match what's in the manual. Makes it very hard to troubleshoot. The directions for leveling are USELESS, and in fact, self contradicting. (One step says to shut the engine off, another says the engine must be running) The directions for the electrical are bad. I've already drained a battery. My water system looks nothing like the manual. Am a bit upset about that, as I desperately need a shower. I'm told my unit has a heat pump, but I see no directions, and have not figured out how to heat the BR.
- Richard, Florida

2019-08-04 2018 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 36F View Listings

Have owned unit for 18 months. Have taken 8 trips about 5K miles. Have only had minor problems fixed timely by dealer 007 in Myrtle Beach. Eg. Step motor, macarator, slide adjustment, door handle, shower handle leak. Nothing more than the usual. Wife and I extremely pleased with unit. Our first. Has completely met our expectations for good and bad.
- Paul Neubert, South Carolina

2018-10-14 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 34S View Listings

I love the RV, absolutely nothing negative about it. Rides good very comfortable. Love having the two bathrooms. Has lots of storage. We just don't feel that at our age we will use it enough. The stove top and the confection oven has never been used. Excelllent condition! Like new.
- Sandra Smith, Florida

2018-09-01 2018 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

Had Gulfstream B+ first, upgraded to 2015 Thor ACE 27 ft lack of space, upgraded to 2018 HR Vacationer XE. Love it. Owned for 10 mos, 10000 miles on it already. Minor problems, nothing that has inconvenienced or kept us from traveling. I can say it never sits longer than 2 weeks and is always plugged in. Never DRY stored. I understand things jar loose. Biggest major problems are driver front fender cracked needing replaced,left turn camera did not work, dash radio speakers no working, shower door leaked, a few other minor problems. Overall we love our motor home away from fixed home. Past experience is never let it dry sit, keep it plugged in if possible and use it often if not even sleeping in the back yard.
- Atkins, North Carolina

2017-09-12 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 36F View Listings

This worst piece of junk metal ever .only owned 1 week and everything is falling apart .hot water dont work .wood falling off paint peeling fender fell off twice .DO NOT BUY ....AND DONT BUY from dealer. THEY DONT FIX .AND KEEP FOR MONTHS IN THE SHOP .DONT RETURN CALLS buyer be aware stay away from the cheap made junk that just falls apart
- Stephen Spring, Florida

2017-04-12 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

Delivered from Florida Dealer stock 9 Mar 17. As others reported, the unit suffered from a long list of issues such as Main Slide hanging up on cabinet, water leaks, a crack in the exterior fiberglas wall, doors that do not close/lock properly, non-functioning entry steps & generator. Even the installed AM/FM radio is poor. (Our 4th RV.) Handles very poorly on the road. But worst of all, HR Warranty Authorizations take days, maybe weeks as we have been waiting for four (4) days to get necessary repairs started. Out of desperation, vehicle left with Dealer on 12 Apr until repairs complete. Like the other report, this unit will be For Sale as soon as it is in condition to show. Word to the wise: DO NOT BUY HR unless you enjoy wrestling with pigs in the mud !!
- Chuck, Florida

2016-10-31 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

Buyer Beware. The motor home had over 27 items that needed to be fixed within the first 30 days and spent 15 days in the shop in the first month. Holiday Rambler had no quality control on this unit or attention to detail. Ride ability was very poor with a great deal of road noise. Found out they never sealed the stairs properly, who knows what else the forgot to do. Sold it before our 2nd payment. Don't recommend Holiday Rambler.
- Richard Smith, Michigan

2016-10-20 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

We bought a 2017 Vactioner XE and even before we picked it up, there were 8 items that had to be fixed by the dealer. After 2 weeks, the number went to 27 items. From missing cables, construction of the stairs not being completed, missing seals, to many items to mention. Thought HR built a quality item, Buyer Beware. We sold it after only 45 days. Not sure if this coach was build on a Friday afternoon when everyone was out to lunch, but it was just very poor attention to detail and no quality inspection. Our dealer fixed everything, but we lost faith in the unit.
- Richard, Michigan