Holiday Rambler Vacationer

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler Vacationer RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Eileen Boutwell from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36X View Listings

I have waited along time to be a RV owner and had looked at alot RV's. The Holiday Rambler was my choice so bought a 2017. BIG MISTAKE. It is not built like it was said to be. Everyday I find something new that is either broken or not installed properly. Headed for Eugene OR for a recall and hope to get some things fixed. Be very careful when buying a RV. I pray this thing will last
- Eileen Boutwell, Oregon

2021-09-11 2021 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K View Listings

First off avoid General RV tampa. Worst customer service. We paid for our W/D to be moved from our exiting toy hauler to the unit and they told us they were not going to install for us. It took my husband 1.5 hours to do the job and they wanted 880 for the job. We had a long punch list of items that 9 months later are still not repaired. Our walk through the day of purchase was rushed and we have continued to be told conflicting information about our unit. We were told we did not have solar. We do. We were told the tv did not pull out. It does. We have two recalls on the unit with no parts to repair. We cannot locate the outdoor satellite hook up that states is included and apparently we have a auto retract awning which we were told it was not. The toilets have been malfunctioning and have air locks and the sensor shuts it off at 2/3 full with no warning. We have been left without working toilets several times. We cannot boondock for fear of not having usable toilets. The engine screams and high revs during any type of hill climb. Spark plug wires have burnt due to improper wires that sit on the engine. We have engine lights on almost every trip. We can only book repairs 4 months out. The ice maker has never worked. We picked up our unit on a Saturday and everyone left at 4:00 leaving us in the parking lot with antifreeze in our water tank. Limited staff on Sunday so we spent the night and on Monday morning the repair people would not speak to us or help us with anything. What should have been a very special day for us since we were working on our goal to go full time in a RV into us being abandoned in a parking lot. The workmanship on our unit is shabby. Trim missing, delaminating walls. Cabinet doors cracking due to poor install. Very sad. We plan on selling and purchasing a diesel once we get back to Florida this winter . When purchasing a new RV you can expect there will be some issues but this unit has surpassed anything we have experienced. We contacted the main headquarters to make arrangements to have them go over the unit and they wanted us to come to Indian in November. Pretty sad that based on our story they could not manage to fit us in for four months....
- Emma Payne, Florida

2021-08-13 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36SBT View Listings

Our overall experience from owning this motorhome for 4 years is excellent. Any problems? Sure, had to replace slider motors on one slider. Replaced slider awnings (they do age). Water heater leaked and is replaced. Ford V10 engine never gave a lick of problem. Interior is sturdy and beautiful. Paint job is beautiful and like new. We lived in it and travelled for 15 months and loved it. We're selling (Aug 2021) and we may get close to our purchase price when we do (we'll see, but unbelievable if we do)!
- Don Robertson, Florida

2021-08-12 1997 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 32CG View Listings

It looks good for his age how many miles does it have will it have to be picked up or will it be driven to the closest Michigan area and how do you do financing with credit Union has it been kept in great condition and clean free from rust no leaks how is the tires transmission and engine
- Tony lee, Michigan

2020-09-18 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DBT View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Vacationer brand new in 2018. I thought this motorhome would be the only one for us. Since we purchased it we have had issue after issue. It was in the shop for weeks right after we purchased it. Finally we got it back and then a recall which we can’t seem to get fixed by the dealership. Our satellite is hit or miss, and we can’t figure out how the whole entertainment system works and neither can the dealership. The pump in our bathroom might work or it might not. The speakers on the outside entertainment center are not working properly. I wish I had my time to do this one over. I always thought Holiday Rambler was high end but I guess I was mistaken.
- Elaine Chaffin, Tennessee

2020-07-04 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34ST View Listings

THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH WITH SOLID CHERRY CABINETRY, NO PRESS BOARD WALLS/ETC AS IN CHEAPER BRANDS. LUXURY ABOUNDS IN THREE SLIDES. FULL 3 DOOR REFER W/ ICE MAKER, CENTRAL VACUUM, 3 INTERIOR/1 EXTERIOR TV, SOFA BED IS INFLATABLE MAKING COMFORTABLE SLEEPING W/NO UGLY CROSSBAR, CONVECTION/MICROWAVE PLUS MANY FINE EXTRAS. THE COACH IS EFFORTLESS AND FUN TO DRIVE, HEATED SIDE MIRRORS. GPS SCREEN SHOWS RV SIDES WHEN SIGNALING FOR LANE CHANGE/TURN. THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH AT A MORE THAN REASONABLE PRICE.
- Paul Sherbino, New York

2020-01-23 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36Y View Listings

Personally, I'm very sad to see how rapidly our coach has fallen apart. It is stored indoors for majority of the year, but we have had many issues with it including driving/handling, outlets & lights not working, slides not working properly all the time, awning broke multiple times, trim falling off, weather striping around slide and cubby's falling off, lock to main door malfunctioning, and other items quit working. We have had the majority of these items fixed multiple times at General RV, however they are still a problem. At this point neither REV/Holiday Rambler or General RV will stand behind their workmanship and fix their "repairs" that are still broken. I would not recommend this coach. And sadly, our family loves to travel but with all these continual problems it makes our trips frustrating.
- Jen Gorski, Michigan

2019-09-20 2018 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34S View Listings

Purchased the 34S for our retirement travels across country. We experienced a few small issues which the dealer quickly and effectively resolved following our "shake down outing. On one trip we spent 5-1/2 months on the road finding the layout spacious and comfortable. The F53 Chassis performed as specified and without incident as we placed 9,500 plus miles on the coach on just this one trip. We look forward to many more miles and trips!
- PJ, South Carolina

2019-05-11 2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34SBD View Listings

My Husband and I purchased this coach to see if we liked the idea of owning and traveling in an RV. Our maiden voyage was our honeymoon in 2014. We went out to Montana and the Dakotas from Maryland. What a spectacular Trip. The RV travel was just fabulous. The layout of coach worked out quite well for us as travel warriors on the go. We towed our enclosed motorcycle trailer on our second trip out to the mid west. We did notice a bit more slug on towing on steep hills, but overall, we were hooked on this style of travel. My husband did great learning to drive this coach; there is no special licence needed to drive this model. The size of the coach has worked well for the two of us and we also had a trip that 4 of us that traveled from Texas and stayed in the RV. The sofa bed worked out good for our guests. The microwave/convection oven is a gem, although we mostly use our grill when we camp. We have been so thrilled with our experience that we recently invested in a newer model Coach- hence why we are selling our first. We hope the next owners fall in love with the joy that this RV has brought into our lives. The light and bright interior has not been a problem to maintain. The whole coach is smoke and pet free.
- Kimberly, Maryland

2019-02-16 2013 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36SBT View Listings

We are the second owners of this RV,bought it with 5200 miles,and was 8 mos old. We have maintained this meticulously over the years.It drives,rides well,plenty of power and decent gas mileage.Extremely comfortable throughout,a condo on wheels.
- JW, Florida

2019-01-19 2015 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DBT View Listings

37.6'long. Loaded and everything works. Two zones with two thermostats for cooling AND heating. Two bathrooms with one a full bath with great shower. Turn key set up for towing a car. Full basement compartments.
- Michael Moore, Florida

2018-12-26 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35DK View Listings

During the 1st. year the passengers window leaked during sidways rain only, but during one of those heavy FL storms significant water damage done to interior wall. [dealer] could not duplicate leak but repaired water damage. Recently during another heavy rain storm window leaked again ( RV kept stored under cover 90% of time) and [dealer] found the window frame to be broken. As I couldn't understand how a window frame could break and [dealer] concurred that no visible damage to RV I stated that this had to be related to the first problem where this window leaked before. They said to contact HR warranty to get this repair covered. HR warranty denied claim even through it was apparent that a defective window was installed in our HR Vacationer. We should have purchased a TIFFIN RV as their customer service is so much better. I offered to drive to HR manufacturing plant to have them inspect and repair the water damage and window but was told they don't do that sort of thing. Whereas Tiffin askes customer to come to the factory and treat valuable customers like they care. BUY A TIFFIN not a HR! You'll never be sorry like we are facing many thousands of dollars to repair a factory defect.

2018-12-24 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35DK View Listings

Holiday Rambler does not support it's customers the way TIFFIN does. Our HR RV had a passengers window that leaked the 1 year only in a driving sideways rain, but when it did it caused significant water damage inside. No other windows leaked a drop before or since then. Recently the same window leaked even more during a heavy rain (mind you it's stored under cover 90% of the year) and caused significant damage again. The first time the dealer wasn't sure why it leaked but resealed the window and replaced the interior walls. Well this time they determined it's leaking because the window frame is broken. I asked how do you break a window frame without damaging any of the RV in or around window. No answer, I asked could it be that window frame was defective from the beginning and finally broke. Answer they said it's definitely possible. You should contact HOLIDAY RAMBLER warranty dept. Well that was a useless waste of time, no matter what option I offered "I'll drive to the manufacturing facility so you can confirm that nothing I did caused the window frame to break and make the repairs yourself. ONCE AGAIN YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! BUY A TIFFN and get APLUS customer service vs HR / SEARS type of canned customer service that doesn't stand behind their product with a pat nothing is covered one day after your warranty expires. They don't care about repeat customers because the can sucker in new ones with a lower price.

2018-12-22 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35DK View Listings

Purchased the 2016 35DK HR vacationer at the Tampa RV show via [dealer] of Dover, FL. Numerous warranty problems first year and so many many many more the following years. DO NOT EXPECT HR TO RESOLVE any of your issues after warranty ends, no matter how much you can prove the problem is systemic to the same problem covered, but not fixed correctly under warranty. We are so sorry that we believed that HR would provide warranty service anywhere near the level of TIFFIN RV Manufactures. We thought we were getting a great deal on a quality motor home. Now we are left with huge $3K to $5K of repair bills for a 2yr. old motorhome that we can either fix and have no funds to travel in or let sit and use funds to travel for vacation by car. We stored our HR MH under cover and took immpecable care of it as it was going to last us until

2018-11-14 2015 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36SBT View Listings

i bought my 2015 vacationer brand new thought it was going to be my last class A . big mistake nothing but problems from the very first trip to florida keys that was planed a year earler ,so on my way to the keys, when the built in surge protecter let go and had not electric shore power or generator, ($1200 part ) the back up camera being replace 5 times, to slides cutting into the floor , to sildes not working, my dash board coming free from the fire wall , no ac roof or dash, and the list goes on and on . dealer could not keep up with the repairs . contacted holiday rambler they came picked up my rv brought it to decatur indiana service factory and then flew me and my wife out to see the factory and see that all the repairs were done all expenses paid by holiday rambler. great right, no wrong 5 mouths later same problems and more so they came and picked it up again this time i let them return the motor home . when i got it back i traded it in . dont buy a holiday rambler vacationer
- antone demello, Massachusetts

2018-11-04 2018 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K View Listings

At first we loved our Holiday Rambler Vacationer we purchased it new 2018 big mistake, we went on a 4 week trip and we had 35 items that need repair. We took up to the manufacture in Indiana for repairs. We had to wait 2 1/2 months for the appointment. There service in Indiana was good, but we are still fighting with the manufacture we have a gapping hole in the under cargo space and they refuse to put a cargo unit in. They said it was not in the schematics but you be the judge we have a gapping hole!!! They are unresponsive!! We feel the same way it was built on a Friday right before Christmas!!! I do love the two bathrooms and the floor plan design with the king bed. I am looking forward to many trips but I hate I have to give bad reviews on this Motorhome.
- Debbie Wnukowski, Georgia

2018-10-15 1996 Holiday Rambler Vacationer MH View Listings

This has been a great RV. Drives tight, good engine, new transmission with 8.5 yr warranty left. Remodeled inside with wipe off leather furnature, NO dirty old stuff from '96. Heat/ac, hot water, fridge, stove, shower, good tires, onan generator with 21 hours on it! I would prefer a 22ft as it's only me and serves my purpose better, only reason I'm selling it.
- Jan Marie Mitchell, California

2018-09-29 1997 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35WGS View Listings

Have owned this rv 17 years. Always has & still runs great, easy to drive. Always maintained & fixed any problems that arose. Have all receipts. Many improvement added 2017(see add). Selling due to husband's health. No warranty due to age. Many newer rv not built as well as this one.
- Mary, Arizona

2018-06-14 2015 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 37PCT View Listings

We have owned 2 other trailers in our life. Layton and Jayco never had one issue with them. We had nothing but issues with the driver side slide. Stuck in campgrounds twice, refrigerator pulling from the wall, now the bottom right side is pulling away from the wall. We bought a 7 year warranty. It was a total waste of money. Since April 2015 when we first purchased this unit we have had nothing but problems with that slide. It is now June 2018 and we were just denied coverage under warranty for yet another issue with that same slide. I highly recommend you do not purchase this unit or any Holiday Rambler product.
- Paula Miller, Florida

2018-02-22 2009 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36SB View Listings

Very pleased with storage capabilties, ride and engine performance. Would have liked different flooring material.Installed safety bar made huge difference in handling. Vinyl lettering on camper is ridiculous, two years before they fall off. Overall 2009 HR was made well, last year before they filed bankrupty. Newer ones seem to have more problems, not built as well.
- Joseph Carpentieri, Florida

2018-02-03 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 33C View Listings

Do not buy one or any Fleetwood product, for that matter. Factory assy is terrible! Main issues are the main slide & water intrusion. Slide was screeching during extend & retract. Three visits to dealer for adjust & lubricate to no avail. Water intrusion on passenger side during heavy rain. Water ran down the back of the outside TV, then made it's way to the bedroom. Dealer was waiting for factory approval to remove, repair/readjust & reinstall the slide. I finally gave up & traded the 7 month old Vacationer for a Tiffin Open Road. Yes, we took a financial hit but feel it will pay off in the long run.
- Paul D, Florida

2017-12-25 2005 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36WDD View Listings

The Class A gas Holiday Rambler models that were built on the GM Workhorse Chassis are built better then on the Ford Chassis. The performance of the engine and the handling and ride are better. Unfortunately the GM Workhorse Chassis has been discontinued. I would recommend based on reviews of the Ford Chassis to purchase the older GM Workhorse models. Check the newer reviews of the Ford Chassis for comparison.
- Stan Smeltzer, Pennsylvania

2017-08-28 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DB View Listings

Purchased in January 2017, Been in for Major repairs 6 times to dealershipr denied repairs on major issues wanting more information. For example, Back up camera not working, bad smell coming from holding tank, told crack in tank they didnt believe it had crack, Since had to be taken to Indiana for them to see for themself It did now 6 to 8 weeks for new tank. Havent been able to use because odor so bad we would get sick and it would flood all over. Refrigerator broke, needed to have 4 parts replaced. Front fender came loose driving down highway on first trip had to spend one day in shop on vacation to fix. First trip we took with brand new unit Realy stressful. Three recalls on unit in 6 months, faulty Generator. Radio didn't work had to replace. Latches on refrigerator door fell off caused damage to freezer door. Shower would not drain when grey tank was closed, and empty. Outside kitchen needed to be raised up to open doors and drawers, pump went out on outdoor kitchen caused it to flood, found handfuls of plastic pieces in piping, which caused pump to break. We only took one trip in unit back in february, when purchased. Since then unit has been in for repairs and waiting on approval for MAJOR REPAIRS. Unit has since been taken to Manufacture in Indiana and sits there for 6 to 8 weeks for parts to come in. Our disappointment in this unit is beyond stressful and wish we never made this purchase. In the process of getting a Lawyer.
- Debra Mitchell, Ohio

2017-06-27 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36Y View Listings

Picked up our new RV February 1st and there are so many issues, from small inconvenient ones to major issues. Tv not working, tub seal leaking water, water pump not working properly,issues with slide, has been fixed but now ice maker doesn't work, house battery doesn't stay charged,side camera broken but has been fixed. The biggest issue is not being able to fuel unless the tank is under half full. Other small things like cabinet door broken,trim work falling off, has been fixed, small tear in sofa and terrible carpentry work on bathroom vanity. Very disappointed with the overall quality of this RV.
- Cathy S Ludban, Florida

2017-06-25 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DB View Listings

My wife and I purchased this motorhome new and already put 8,000 miles into it. Took many trips from Ca. to Arizona and Durango Co. Used all appliances and towed vehicle with no issues. This is our second motorhome because we decided to go bigger. There is not one motorhome out there that is perfect so use everything while it is still under warranty. One of the slide outs was making noise and window leaked during a storm. All fixed and covered by warranty. This is a good looking,roomy motorhome and we love it.
- Luis , California