Holiday Rambler Reviews on RV Insider (240)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Eileen Boutwell from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36X View Listings

I have waited along time to be a RV owner and had looked at alot RV's. The Holiday Rambler was my choice so bought a 2017. BIG MISTAKE. It is not built like it was said to be. Everyday I find something new that is either broken or not installed properly. Headed for Eugene OR for a recall and hope to get some things fixed. Be very careful when buying a RV. I pray this thing will last
- Eileen Boutwell, Oregon

2021-04-05 2009 Holiday Rambler Imperial Nantucket IV 45 Tag-Axel View Listings

A Top of the line Motor coach, with an abundance of luxuries one expects at this price point. Its all about the Journey ....From Driving the Interstates with plenty of power to pull the hills without slowing down as you glide along with airbag suspension smoothing the rough spots for you. When you reach your stopping point or destination sit back and relax, knowing you have not sacrificed one singe thing that makes a house a home. Truly... a home away from home.
- Rob Thompson, Tennessee

2021-03-27 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We bought new and right away needed a new shower stall (cracked), hood latch, which was replaced but later fell off,and the rear slide wouldn't go in all the way. They fixed before we picked it up. Took it on it's first trip and the slide again wouldn't go all the way in and the toilet leaked. We took in to get fixed, after several months at the shop we picked it up, took it out again. Toilet issues again and slide issues again and the outside door began to delaminate and one of the basement doors was defective and needed to be replace, and levelers were defective. Took to dealer and they had several months before we were able to pick up again. Now that it is off factory warranty as we were going to Texas. the heater core went out on us. Today,the new door just had its bracket come off (rivets came out), now we have holes in the door. Forgot to mention the toilet has been replaced again and the cable tv inverter needed to be replaced.
- Paul McBride, Wisconsin

2021-03-26 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40X View Listings

Has great power even when towing, has great luxury inside including dishwasher washer and separate dryer. The FireWire electronics is excellent and LED lights saves on the use of your batteries. It has many more amenities was a pleasure to drive and explore
- Danny, California

2021-03-13 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor XE 38K View Listings

2nd Hoilday Rambler 1st was a 1988 presidential Then went into a horrible 2008 Thor hurricane big mistake on the thor 2nd 2017 HR endeavor love it so much I don't want to leave it. Drives and rides like dream. Quality and technology combined. Only issue is very low front-end 12000 thousand later to repair front end way to low you can't even get fuel in most stations go over speed humps in and out of roads with minor inclines. Contacting HR once complete to address issues and repair as this is very dangerous and needs there attention asap. Has any one else contacted them and what was outcome?
- Jeff, New York

2021-03-09 2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38DB View Listings

We picked up a 2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassador four days ago and drove it back to South Florida. The coach was in great condition and the folks at Porter had it prepped and ready to roll upon our arrival. Their tech, Tony did a very complete walk through with us so we understood all the systems and procedures we needed to know. The family that owns this business are great to deal with and they made our transaction seamless. We looked for the perfect RV for over a year and found it at Porters. We recommend them highly and are extremely happy with our purchase. Tom and Jan Brain
- Tom and Jan Brain, Florida

2021-03-02 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

I want to be clear - I wrote REV group trying to resolve the issues - but they obviously could not care less. My spouse is a travelling nurse, specializing in ICU and Critical Care. She stays in the unit when she's on assignment. We bought our Vacationer XE 32A because of the layout. It was ideal for her. (Note - I think I'd avoid the white leather, though ---- it stains super easily) To be fair, HR has built some nice features into cabinetry, as well as furniture. The wood finish is nice for an entry level motor home. Unfortunately, that's where the quality stops. The vehicle shakes and wanders all over the road when we drive it (will be purchasing a steering stabilizer if we opt to keep it). The dealer we purchased it from checked alignment and balance and reported no problems. I conclude it's just a crappy design. Drivability is between poor and fair. The cell phone microphone they put into this unit is awful, and you need to be careful with the driver's seat when you crank the room in. The achilles heel on this thing is the water heater. It works sometimes - but we've never had enough hot water to take a shower (even a short one). We've had it in a nearby shop 3 times with no resolution - and HR just kind of shrugged. The levelling system is tempermental. Seems there's always something going wrong with it. We just disconnected it and bought plastic levellers. (I think that's a highly unsatisfactory situation, but we put up with it because we can work around it). The heat in the under-belly is a great touch - but HR did not hook up the ductwork that goes from the furnace to the bedroom. Result - - cold bedroom. That's just lazy slop. My biggest bone to pick is the way HR handles warranties. The very second it's out, it's out. They just shrug and say "out of warranty." (actually - would be elated if they said that much - they've ignored our attempts) My spouse's passion is saving lives, not fixing motorhomes and supporting mechanic pensions. I'm disappointed, and won't be purchasing another REV Group product.
- Richard Miller, West Virginia

2021-02-26 2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ View Listings

I always liked the Holiday Rambler line. Especially before 2008. This rig looks good from the pictures, other than for the love seat, that is torn up! For what they are asking for this coach you would think they could at least replace it. This makes me wonder how well they stand behind the products they sell?
- Albert, Arizona

2021-01-23 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 34J View Listings

This is our 3rd RV. 1st was 2006 Fleetwood Jamboree. 2nd was Thor Citation (Sprinter Chassis). We wanted small last go'round. This time we wanted long term livable as we're retired now (working part-time on the road) and will be living in it while we find a new home base in the mid-west (moving out of California). We wanted the outdoor kitchen and a TV opposite the main sofa as opposed to at an angle. I also wanted to make sure this coach was weather tight. (The Thor was not). I wanted solar; the 34J is pre-wired from roof to storage compartment. I wanted clean infrastructure hookups; definitely go those. The spousal unit wanted a bad that was accessible with the slide in; we got that. I wanted the toilet on the floor, not on a build-up floor; we got that. I'm happy to get the F53 chassis with the new V-8 7.3L. This unit also has one of the best kitchen layouts, outside and in. My disappointment is the gas mileage so far but I think it will get better. I'm also disappointed that the awning doesn't slant down. I do like the size of the awning for outdoor living. It did not come with vent covers (Maxxairs or equivalent. I'm not a fan of climbing on the roof but will need to). Overall it's great! We've only had it a week but I'm confident we're doing OK. I couldn't get the cruise control to work driving it home but that's a Ford warranty issue so it's going to a Ford dealer not an RV dealer for that fix.
- Raij Dude, California

2020-12-25 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

If you're new to RVs, buy from a dealer who will give you an extensive, detailed walk through. The manual is not helpful at all. My unit has a few bugs. I suppose that's normal. The problem is that the manual gives no reliable guidance. There is nothing "standard" .... id imagine the most common problem with RVs. Thing is, with a 100k , I think it'd be reasonable to expect and get more support and documentation. Many of my unit's components do not match what's in the manual. Makes it very hard to troubleshoot. The directions for leveling are USELESS, and in fact, self contradicting. (One step says to shut the engine off, another says the engine must be running) The directions for the electrical are bad. I've already drained a battery. My water system looks nothing like the manual. Am a bit upset about that, as I desperately need a shower. I'm told my unit has a heat pump, but I see no directions, and have not figured out how to heat the BR.
- Richard, Florida

2020-12-04 2020 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

Used regularly for over a year now and no major issues. Love the floorpan with L-shaped dinette. Tons of open floor space and storage. Cabinetry and components are good quality and feel solid. Furniture is really comfortable, especially the captains chairs. I looked at other Class As that were much more expensive and I feel like the Admiral felt more solid and had better quality materials and options. The decor is contemporary- not cheesy and reminiscent of my Nana's house. Having a microwave in the outside kitchen is genius. The only issues so far have been the rubber edge on stair tread separated a little, the cable to the driver seat swivel lever disconnected (it was an easy fix) and a few of the LED lights in the awning are out. I wish the outside TV had a swivel mount so it would be easier to reach the HDMI and USB ports behind it, but I love that the screen is HUGE. The handling was initially sloppy and needed a lot of steering correction to stay in lane (this is a common complaint for any RV with this Ford gas chassis). I would strongly recommend upgrading the steering stabilizer and sway bar. It handles great now and I've been surprised at how well it accelerates from an on-ramp and uphills. Customer service is easy to get a hold of. Hard to give a review of their warranty response because the pandemic has made it difficult for them to get parts from suppliers. Very happy with the Admiral so far.
- Anthony, Massachusetts

2020-11-11 2011 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43DFT View Listings

This RV is an awesome driving and riding Coach. It sets on 10 airbags which gives it an excellent ride. The chassis underneath is made by RoadMaster. Because of the full body slide on the drivers side the inside is exceptionally roomy. I towed a Ram 1500 4x4 behind it and you never felt that it was back there. It is an awesome and very comfortable home away from home! Loved it!!
- Phil Roth, Oklahoma

2020-11-01 2018 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 44H View Listings

I love, love, love this coach! It is the ultimate rv for full-time living since it is very spacious. The layout is exceptional. It provides the best travel experience possible. The ride is extremely smooth and you feel light you're floating. We have not experienced any issues with this coach and I highly recommend it.
- S, Florida

2020-10-28 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

Let me tell you this thing is a piece of f***ing s**t we bought this our first trip out everything broke from the heater to the jacks the doors the bed route coming in and out the steps SAVE YOUR MONEY my old Rv was 20 times better we sold it 40g and got this at Dennis rv Westminster Burned is for 215,000 yup F**en bs Burn this thing to ground serious
- James Sinton, California

2020-10-27 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE 30PDD View Listings

Great RV drives like a Cadillac on the road! Highest quality construction. Amazing use of space and lots of storage inside and out. Fuel consumption is as expected and has plenty of power for those high grades.
- legendsspeedshop, California

2020-09-18 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DBT View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Vacationer brand new in 2018. I thought this motorhome would be the only one for us. Since we purchased it we have had issue after issue. It was in the shop for weeks right after we purchased it. Finally we got it back and then a recall which we can’t seem to get fixed by the dealership. Our satellite is hit or miss, and we can’t figure out how the whole entertainment system works and neither can the dealership. The pump in our bathroom might work or it might not. The speakers on the outside entertainment center are not working properly. I wish I had my time to do this one over. I always thought Holiday Rambler was high end but I guess I was mistaken.
- Elaine Chaffin, Tennessee

2020-09-03 2012 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 23RB View Listings

We had the RV for one year and drove across Canada and the U.S.A. Poor workmanship and cheap material was used to built this unit. Plastic taps in kitchen and bathroom. Water leaks in places from wheel wells to faulty plumbing. While fixing the plumbing, we noticed the wood framing under the sink was cracked. Instead of replacing it, the builder attempted to glue the broken pieces. And the list goes on.......
- ja, British Columbia

2020-08-29 2008 Holiday Rambler Augusta 293TS View Listings

Beautiful RV love the three slides and it has a convection oven microwave combo, The shower was huge and there was plenty of storage. The air conditioner about froze me and it has an extra heater . Very comfortable ride's smooth
- Shelly Garcia, Florida

2020-08-23 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We purchased our 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A two months ago and have taken it on 7 trips so far (full hookups and boon docking). Very easy to drive and set up. Exceptional quality especially at this price point. Floor plan is very functional at 29.3 feet but wish we had gone with the 35R because it has opposable seating and the bathroom separate from the bedroom. Flex steel furniture is very high quality and comfortable. Over cab queen drop down bed fits two adults comfortably but you do need to add an additional mattress pad. Make sure you find a Ford dealership near you that can service the motor/chassis because your dealer can only service the coach part. We would most certainly recommend HR to friends and look forward to someday upgrading to their Diesel class.
- Brad Ellis, Virginia

2020-08-08 2020 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

Part of Letter, I sent to CEO of Camping World. I wanted to let you know that we went camping for 1 night and close to home and when we got to the camp site we found our outside kitchen has sunk in the compartment. I have a pretty good tolerance level but this broken it. I can not believe that everyone puts up with something breaking or falling apart every trip. New problems to add... 1) can not open 1 cabinet at the bottom of kitchen area 2) can not open microwave 3) back wood panel cracked 4) refrigerator is leaning 5) tv speaker wire is broken on back to exterior tv 6) side step is binding (it is bent due to scraping on the road, I was told that the unit does not have the proper clearance from ground) per AOT. 7) toilet plugged twice. stuff gets caught in the tube to tank. Ongoing issues 8) Awning fiasco waiting for new complete unit, Defective? Advised by my insurance agent the carefree has a replacement unit due to all the broken units. Insurance agent advised to attempt warrantee replacement. $1400, plus labor waiting for parts and labor costs. Agent advised to make sure I get the updated kit for the Awning. They know the problems. 9) Wifi Sky Ranger 4 does not work. worked 2 hours and quit. 10) stair treads are torn and unglued in entrance way 11) the rubber molding between the drivers area and unit was not glued. I put some glue on it so it would not get damaged, or someone tripping on it. 12) The windows still bind when to crank them out, they touch when open. I am totally frustrated at this point. The RV since I picked it up has less that 2000 miles on it and 960 of it has been bringing it to your shop. The first night we brought it home and opened the Slider, a large piece of molding flew off almost hitting my wife. My son used velcro to put it back in place till the shop could glue it. Here are some pictures of it. I am a retired Police Officer, Firefighter, Paramedic, and US Army National Guard Vet, I bought this for our family to spend time traveling and having fun. So Far it's a Nightmare. My wife and I were going to travel the country for a month or 2, but now we do not trust the unit. Right now the unit is in the shop for another week, they have to rebuild the entire outside kitchen. They stated that several of the problems maybe delayed for up to a month due to parts shortage. I have to rate this unit as overall.... 1-poor quality of materials 2-poor workmanship 3-poor quality control, many of the problems should never had left the factory. (AWNING DEFECT) Just traveling almost 200 mile round trip to the shop to get nothing fixed is expensive in gas and time to have someone take off time to give me a ride home and to the Campers World Shop in NH.
- rberryvt, Vermont

2020-07-29 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We bought this motor home in January2020 and it has spent more time in the shop than in our driveway. After purchasing the 2019 unit we had to bring it back in to have the floor fixed and glue removed from bathroom walls. That took 3 months. After we got it back it was put into storage and two weeks ago we brought it home to get ready for our first trip. We also wanted to be sure everything was working correctly. Glad we did that, because virtually nothing was working. The microwave would not power up the main TV would not power up. The batteries would not charge on shore power Bad inverter. The car radio needs to be replaced. the levelers were not working correctly. The tv antenna needs to be replaced. All this after the unit sat in storage for 2 months. What a POS. Now that we want to go on a trip that has been planned for 7 months. The unit is back in the shop for two to three weeks while they wait for parts from the manufacturer. But two to three weeks turned into three months to get the floor repaired. So no telling how long it will be in the shop this time. Make a long story short. Stay away from Holiday Rambler. The unit is inferior, hard to get parts for quickly. Thank God this did not happen on the road. We could be stuck somewhere for weeks waiting for repair parts. Forgot to mention because the inverter was not charging the batteries I had to open the hood to jump the unit and start the engine to charge the batteries. Well the hood latch fell apart when I tried to close the hood. (REAL QUALITY)
- August Scarpelli, Ohio

2020-07-25 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

Extremely pleased with this RV comfortable to drive and camp in. Plenty of outside and inside storage. Fit and finish is excellent for an RV at this price point. I would recommend to a friend and would purchase it again.
- Peter Hodgson, North Carolina

2020-07-16 2005 Holiday Rambler Imperial 42PBQ View Listings

Great floor plan with light cabinets that make for a roomy living experience. We really liked the aqua hot heating in the fall and winter months. This Motorhome was easy to drive and the side cameras helped to keep us safe.
- Karen Cox, Alabama

2020-07-04 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34ST View Listings

THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH WITH SOLID CHERRY CABINETRY, NO PRESS BOARD WALLS/ETC AS IN CHEAPER BRANDS. LUXURY ABOUNDS IN THREE SLIDES. FULL 3 DOOR REFER W/ ICE MAKER, CENTRAL VACUUM, 3 INTERIOR/1 EXTERIOR TV, SOFA BED IS INFLATABLE MAKING COMFORTABLE SLEEPING W/NO UGLY CROSSBAR, CONVECTION/MICROWAVE PLUS MANY FINE EXTRAS. THE COACH IS EFFORTLESS AND FUN TO DRIVE, HEATED SIDE MIRRORS. GPS SCREEN SHOWS RV SIDES WHEN SIGNALING FOR LANE CHANGE/TURN. THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH AT A MORE THAN REASONABLE PRICE.
- Paul Sherbino, New York

2020-07-03 2006 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDQ View Listings

Size, excellent boondock capabilitys, 4 slides, on road satellite, all the extras make this a perfectly fabulous coach both in terms of comfort and reliability!! Highly upgraded from manufacturer..Never lived in...Never smoked in ..so much more!!!++++++!!!!
- C. A. KUENZLI, Arizona