Holiday Rambler Reviews on RV Insider (226)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Eileen Boutwell from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36X View Listings

I have waited along time to be a RV owner and had looked at alot RV's. The Holiday Rambler was my choice so bought a 2017. BIG MISTAKE. It is not built like it was said to be. Everyday I find something new that is either broken or not installed properly. Headed for Eugene OR for a recall and hope to get some things fixed. Be very careful when buying a RV. I pray this thing will last
- Eileen Boutwell, Oregon

2020-09-18 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DBT View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Vacationer brand new in 2018. I thought this motorhome would be the only one for us. Since we purchased it we have had issue after issue. It was in the shop for weeks right after we purchased it. Finally we got it back and then a recall which we can’t seem to get fixed by the dealership. Our satellite is hit or miss, and we can’t figure out how the whole entertainment system works and neither can the dealership. The pump in our bathroom might work or it might not. The speakers on the outside entertainment center are not working properly. I wish I had my time to do this one over. I always thought Holiday Rambler was high end but I guess I was mistaken.
- Elaine Chaffin, Tennessee

2020-09-03 2012 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 23RB View Listings

We had the RV for one year and drove across Canada and the U.S.A. Poor workmanship and cheap material was used to built this unit. Plastic taps in kitchen and bathroom. Water leaks in places from wheel wells to faulty plumbing. While fixing the plumbing, we noticed the wood framing under the sink was cracked. Instead of replacing it, the builder attempted to glue the broken pieces. And the list goes on.......
- ja, British Columbia

2020-08-29 2008 Holiday Rambler Augusta 293TS View Listings

Beautiful RV love the three slides and it has a convection oven microwave combo, The shower was huge and there was plenty of storage. The air conditioner about froze me and it has an extra heater . Very comfortable ride's smooth
- Shelly Garcia, Florida

2020-08-23 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We purchased our 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A two months ago and have taken it on 7 trips so far (full hookups and boon docking). Very easy to drive and set up. Exceptional quality especially at this price point. Floor plan is very functional at 29.3 feet but wish we had gone with the 35R because it has opposable seating and the bathroom separate from the bedroom. Flex steel furniture is very high quality and comfortable. Over cab queen drop down bed fits two adults comfortably but you do need to add an additional mattress pad. Make sure you find a Ford dealership near you that can service the motor/chassis because your dealer can only service the coach part. We would most certainly recommend HR to friends and look forward to someday upgrading to their Diesel class.
- Brad Ellis, Virginia

2020-08-08 2020 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

Part of Letter, I sent to CEO of Camping World. I wanted to let you know that we went camping for 1 night and close to home and when we got to the camp site we found our outside kitchen has sunk in the compartment. I have a pretty good tolerance level but this broken it. I can not believe that everyone puts up with something breaking or falling apart every trip. New problems to add... 1) can not open 1 cabinet at the bottom of kitchen area 2) can not open microwave 3) back wood panel cracked 4) refrigerator is leaning 5) tv speaker wire is broken on back to exterior tv 6) side step is binding (it is bent due to scraping on the road, I was told that the unit does not have the proper clearance from ground) per AOT. 7) toilet plugged twice. stuff gets caught in the tube to tank. Ongoing issues 8) Awning fiasco waiting for new complete unit, Defective? Advised by my insurance agent the carefree has a replacement unit due to all the broken units. Insurance agent advised to attempt warrantee replacement. $1400, plus labor waiting for parts and labor costs. Agent advised to make sure I get the updated kit for the Awning. They know the problems. 9) Wifi Sky Ranger 4 does not work. worked 2 hours and quit. 10) stair treads are torn and unglued in entrance way 11) the rubber molding between the drivers area and unit was not glued. I put some glue on it so it would not get damaged, or someone tripping on it. 12) The windows still bind when to crank them out, they touch when open. I am totally frustrated at this point. The RV since I picked it up has less that 2000 miles on it and 960 of it has been bringing it to your shop. The first night we brought it home and opened the Slider, a large piece of molding flew off almost hitting my wife. My son used velcro to put it back in place till the shop could glue it. Here are some pictures of it. I am a retired Police Officer, Firefighter, Paramedic, and US Army National Guard Vet, I bought this for our family to spend time traveling and having fun. So Far it's a Nightmare. My wife and I were going to travel the country for a month or 2, but now we do not trust the unit. Right now the unit is in the shop for another week, they have to rebuild the entire outside kitchen. They stated that several of the problems maybe delayed for up to a month due to parts shortage. I have to rate this unit as overall.... 1-poor quality of materials 2-poor workmanship 3-poor quality control, many of the problems should never had left the factory. (AWNING DEFECT) Just traveling almost 200 mile round trip to the shop to get nothing fixed is expensive in gas and time to have someone take off time to give me a ride home and to the Campers World Shop in NH.
- rberryvt, Vermont

2020-07-29 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We bought this motor home in January2020 and it has spent more time in the shop than in our driveway. After purchasing the 2019 unit we had to bring it back in to have the floor fixed and glue removed from bathroom walls. That took 3 months. After we got it back it was put into storage and two weeks ago we brought it home to get ready for our first trip. We also wanted to be sure everything was working correctly. Glad we did that, because virtually nothing was working. The microwave would not power up the main TV would not power up. The batteries would not charge on shore power Bad inverter. The car radio needs to be replaced. the levelers were not working correctly. The tv antenna needs to be replaced. All this after the unit sat in storage for 2 months. What a POS. Now that we want to go on a trip that has been planned for 7 months. The unit is back in the shop for two to three weeks while they wait for parts from the manufacturer. But two to three weeks turned into three months to get the floor repaired. So no telling how long it will be in the shop this time. Make a long story short. Stay away from Holiday Rambler. The unit is inferior, hard to get parts for quickly. Thank God this did not happen on the road. We could be stuck somewhere for weeks waiting for repair parts. Forgot to mention because the inverter was not charging the batteries I had to open the hood to jump the unit and start the engine to charge the batteries. Well the hood latch fell apart when I tried to close the hood. (REAL QUALITY)
- August Scarpelli, Ohio

2020-07-25 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

Extremely pleased with this RV comfortable to drive and camp in. Plenty of outside and inside storage. Fit and finish is excellent for an RV at this price point. I would recommend to a friend and would purchase it again.
- Peter Hodgson, North Carolina

2020-07-16 2005 Holiday Rambler Imperial 42PBQ View Listings

Great floor plan with light cabinets that make for a roomy living experience. We really liked the aqua hot heating in the fall and winter months. This Motorhome was easy to drive and the side cameras helped to keep us safe.
- Karen Cox, Alabama

2020-07-04 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34ST View Listings

THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH WITH SOLID CHERRY CABINETRY, NO PRESS BOARD WALLS/ETC AS IN CHEAPER BRANDS. LUXURY ABOUNDS IN THREE SLIDES. FULL 3 DOOR REFER W/ ICE MAKER, CENTRAL VACUUM, 3 INTERIOR/1 EXTERIOR TV, SOFA BED IS INFLATABLE MAKING COMFORTABLE SLEEPING W/NO UGLY CROSSBAR, CONVECTION/MICROWAVE PLUS MANY FINE EXTRAS. THE COACH IS EFFORTLESS AND FUN TO DRIVE, HEATED SIDE MIRRORS. GPS SCREEN SHOWS RV SIDES WHEN SIGNALING FOR LANE CHANGE/TURN. THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH AT A MORE THAN REASONABLE PRICE.
- Paul Sherbino, New York

2020-07-03 2006 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDQ View Listings

Size, excellent boondock capabilitys, 4 slides, on road satellite, all the extras make this a perfectly fabulous coach both in terms of comfort and reliability!! Highly upgraded from manufacturer..Never lived in...Never smoked in ..so much more!!!++++++!!!!
- C. A. KUENZLI, Arizona

2020-05-28 2018 Holiday Rambler Reno 29M View Listings

Beautiful RV in and out. Runs great, all the amenities you could need and very simple to learn all the controls. Had a blast driving this around the past 8 months. Perfect for a couple or even a family. Sleeps 8 people.
- Adam Yust, Ohio

2020-05-13 2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40SKQ View Listings

This is our second motorhome we purchased since retiring. Our first motorhome was an 2003 Expedition deisel 34 ft. by Fleetwood with 2 slides. It was a good motorhome however we wanted a deisel pusher with a larger engine and more interior space. The Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PKQ more than filled the need for a more powerful engine and generous interior. It was like going from a Honda to a Mercedes (we have had both)! As the co-pilot the feature I liked the best was the handling - yes - I can easily drive it with the great mirrors, back up camera, steering, braking (jack brake), fully adjustable power seat and easy to reach and read controls. We tow a fully loaded Ford 350 van for my sports business, it follows along nicely. The bonus was how quiet this coach is because it is so well built and insulated. Ever stop in a rest area and a refrigerated big rig pulls up next to you and is so noisy? Hardly an issue with this fine unit. My husband is a tinkerer so this coach allows him to bring ample tools to do any job or repair on the road with the huge storage bins under the coach. This coach inside also has tons of storage for full timing or if you like to bring lots of toys and games, sporting equipment, etc. I am an Ironman Triathlete and it takes a lot of gear to swim, bike and run, an was able to store everything in an organized manner. I conducted 3 businesses while traveling, hunger advocacy, bicycle ride director and my sports biz. I had a file cabinet under the desk with a computer and printer on the desk with plenty of room for books, office accessoires, notebooks and storage. Very few coaches have the space when closed up to carry 2 bicycles (we even carried 3 occassionally) and be able to walk to the back of the coach to access the bathroom or bedroom. When stopping for the evening when traveling I could prepare dinner without opening the front slides. We opened one slide in the bedroom and could access the bed and closet and all storage. We call this coach our 1 bedroom condo on wheels. The powerful generator provides power on the road and at home when the power shut downs occur. The coach is easy to maintain, we have an excellent mechanic and mobile repair service when needed. I find many motorhome chintz on the kitchen, this unit does not. Huge refrigerator/freeze, fast cooking microwave and cook top plus generous work surface to prepare meals, I like to cook. The sleep number bed is new and so comfortable! The bathroom has good lighting, access and storage. Nice shower with seat. I like the glass door that opens out rather than a sliding curved one and easy to clean surfaces. The queen sofa bed is also a sleep number air bed and according to our guests very comfortable. The dining table (corian) can 2 seat or pull out to seat 4-5 people. This is my brief but spetacular thoughts on this luxury RV we have thoroughly enjoyed traveling in. Patty S.
- Pattytri25, California

2020-05-06 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

The Holiday Rambler is a really good RV, we enjoyed it. We went to Florida and Alabama for 2 months and found it very comfortable to live in and travel in. The layout is convenient. It is really nice to have an outside TV.
- Molly Maxwell, Pennsylvania

2020-05-05 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38WDD View Listings

Best thing we have ever purchased. Classy, quality and could easily live in it. It drives so nicely and even pulls our bass boat. The light wood and light floors make it cheery and the bathroom is full size and floor plan in perfect. We have actually 8 inside it!
- Quincy Burns, Washington

2020-04-22 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDS View Listings

I've had various motorhomes and trailers over the years, but my Endeavor was by far my favorite to date. I owned my Endeavor for over 6 trouble free years. Holiday Rambler had an excellent reputation and it showed throughout my ownership. You just can't beat a diesel pusher for power, braking, and overall road manners. I wish I could have kept it, but my hobbies demanded a longer trailer which put me over legal length. Hard to go backwards after you've had the best!!
- Andrew, Washington

2020-03-31 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

factory service is the best. they have serviced coach since new have always taken care of any problem. even after warranty. great company to work with. has been great coach always comfortable everything has met satisfaction.
- bc, Alabama

2020-03-21 2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PST View Listings

I have had this rv and have replaced alot of things as you see in the description. Replaced some because I wanted to lessen the chance of failure. Like all the drive belts which weren't worn out but still relaced with new. It's in excellent mechanical condition. I had the engine set up for maximum performance by a trained professional, who specialized in diesel along with the turbo to set up for maximum power and efficiency. The motorhome is very well powered and handles the steepest hills and cruises down the highway with ease. Very smooth and very powerful, Holiday Rambler along with Cummins and Allyson transmission did a great job at sizing the drive traing for this motorhome. Many people have asked me if it is an 8.3 liter cummins which it is. Cummins has been making the 8.3 liter since the 1990 and it has been their lead engine for the motorhome industry. What many people don't realize is that the cummins 8.3 liter comes in many flavors meaning horsepower and torque. That why when you see an cummins 8.3 liter engine in a motorhome the horse power, transmission and full drive train has been designed specifically for the specs of the motorhome it's going in. The key (which I have done ) is to keep the engine along with the turbo set up for maximum horsepower and effiency. The rest of the drivetrain has already been done. This is the best running smoothest and highly powered motorhome I have had. Another option that can be done is there are lots of kits available that could increase horsepower. After having the engine and turbo set up by an expert. I have chosen not to mess with the design of a very well powered and efficient engine that surpass my performance needs,along with towing needs
- mjary162, Florida

2020-03-14 2008 Holiday Rambler Neptune XL 35SBD View Listings

excellent motorhome, enough power when needed,quality interior and exterior, have had other mh's including Winnebago, Fleetwood but this has been out best one. holiday rambler offers many useful options and the cost of the motorhome is quite reasonable.
- tom bialkowski, Arizona

2020-03-03 1998 Holiday Rambler Navigator 40WDS View Listings

Rare duel axel 1998 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35,000 Low miles. I bought this from a auction a few years back and had it “drove” 250 miles to a yard where it was serviced and winterized . Recently it seems like the old mighty dollar isn’t coming in like it used to so I figured I’d try to recoup a little money and give someone a great deal ..-).. The rv is currently at my sisters in North Carolina as i reside in Southern California. The coach could be looked at at my sisters but will need to coordinate with Her and her husband and their day jobs - I was quoted $1200 to $2300 dollars to have the RV shipped to me but it is a driver if you need to get it to where you live. its driveS and is road worthy. ... This is Mode 35wgs equipped with all the goodies- Ford duel axel chassis with a gas driven v 10 engine- Rebuilt Transmission I believe in 2014 there is paperwork. Clothes washer- full kitchen- full walk in shower with dressing area and toilet. level jacks - 1 pop/slide out in living room - onan generator- pull down canopy- stove - oven - microwave- refrigerator- sleeps 7- Master Bedroom- etc Now there is a few things that have age and it may seem like a lot but I don’t want to leave anything out so I’m mentioning everything i can here . Most people try to hide the stuff till you show up. Noticed on the back exterior on the driver side someone backed into something on the corner it’s just a lower corner of the Rv- I believe this to be a easy fiberglass repair- Also - The carpet and chairs I have where on them this I was going to replace if I kept the coach- I recently replaced the carpet in my 34 1/2 for it and got it done for $600 carpet and labor . I replaced it with a low-cut Berber I got a remnant from the carpet company. Wallpaper glue here and there is starting to peel due to his age- - One piece a veneer on the cabinet needs to be replaced- really though these are all simple fixes. I have recently seen these rv”s in decent shape go from $25-$26,000 and up with more mileage so please do your homework and buy with confidence this is your chance to get a really nice coach at a really good deal . I am listing this locally as well both in California and North Carolina . I did list this thing pretty low so someone can get a good deal but please Instead of lowballing On the price maybe throw in something for a partial trade to make up the difference if you’re going to give me a cash offer- I will take trade up to $2500 for harley Davidson - triumph - bsa - 53-54-55-56 chevy or buick wagon -A good running and reliable car you can get out to California- etc- let me know what you have.
- Vinnie, North Carolina

2020-02-26 2004 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDQ View Listings

Very reliable RV. A joy to drive. Very good middle of the road RV. Enjoyed every trip we took in it! Good on fuel also having averaged between 8.5 and 9.5 mpg for all of 70000+ miles. Still in great shape!
- Michael Kennedy, North Carolina

2020-02-12 2014 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT View Listings

We have loved living full time in our HR Ambassador motorhome. Its easy to drive, has plenty of power and tows our Honda CRV with ease. The living area is so nice with direct vision from sofa and captain chairs to the TV above the beautiful fireplace (with or without heat). The kitchen has a large residential refrigerator, convention oven and covers for the double sinks that add to your counter space. Since we stayed mostly in RV parks with electrical hookup we rarely used the propane stove. Instead we used a portable induction cooktop and found the stove cover handily added counter space. We added a portable dishwasher which adds to the counter space as well as a real at home experience. The full size-separate washer and dryer make laundry easy. The bedroom has tons of storage as well as a king size sleep number bed and convenient bench for seating, full length closet and lots of drawers and cupboards. The bathroom has numerous cabinets and is big enough to not feel cramped. Overall the interior is a good balance of living, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. Outside the electric power cord reel is a real helper especially on cold mornings. The air leveling system is so good and fast that we can setup in minutes. The 3 slides (one a full body slide) transform the rig from travel mode to spacious home in no time. Basement storage is good for the patio rug, chairs etc. Overall we found this motorhome a great model for years of full time RV living.
- Randy King, Florida

2020-02-12 2006 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PDQ View Listings

Overall it was a fine Motorhome. My problem was that the previous owner didn't share that the headlights would turn off after about one hour driving. The mfg. Tried twice to fix the lights with zero results.
- Gary, Florida

2020-01-26 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

Beautiful unit has a real nice ride due to independent front suspension and rear steering tag axle. Rich looking interior but quality is lacking Workmanship is not up to par. Fortunately I am capable of repairing much of their shoddy work. I have electric heat floors but they give you 3 15,000btu A/C’S with only 1 with a heat pump I feel that is pretty cheap for an all season coach plus I have yet to find out how to control heat in basement to keep from freezing in Winter low temps. Over all a very nice Coach
- Marcel, Florida

2020-01-25 2007 Holiday Rambler Admiral 36DBD View Listings

I like this rv. Has it been inspected, and what does it need? body damage, tires, batteries, window leaks,generator repair,brakes, etc.I am willing to do some repair.Ide like to see it maybe tuesday or so.
- gary oviatt, Oregon