Holiday Rambler Reviews on RV Insider (210)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Eileen Boutwell from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36X View Listings

I have waited along time to be a RV owner and had looked at alot RV's. The Holiday Rambler was my choice so bought a 2017. BIG MISTAKE. It is not built like it was said to be. Everyday I find something new that is either broken or not installed properly. Headed for Eugene OR for a recall and hope to get some things fixed. Be very careful when buying a RV. I pray this thing will last
- Eileen Boutwell, Oregon

2020-03-21 2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PST View Listings

I have had this rv and have replaced alot of things as you see in the description. Replaced some because I wanted to lessen the chance of failure. Like all the drive belts which weren't worn out but still relaced with new. It's in excellent mechanical condition. I had the engine set up for maximum performance by a trained professional, who specialized in diesel along with the turbo to set up for maximum power and efficiency. The motorhome is very well powered and handles the steepest hills and cruises down the highway with ease. Very smooth and very powerful, Holiday Rambler along with Cummins and Allyson transmission did a great job at sizing the drive traing for this motorhome. Many people have asked me if it is an 8.3 liter cummins which it is. Cummins has been making the 8.3 liter since the 1990 and it has been their lead engine for the motorhome industry. What many people don't realize is that the cummins 8.3 liter comes in many flavors meaning horsepower and torque. That why when you see an cummins 8.3 liter engine in a motorhome the horse power, transmission and full drive train has been designed specifically for the specs of the motorhome it's going in. The key (which I have done ) is to keep the engine along with the turbo set up for maximum horsepower and effiency. The rest of the drivetrain has already been done. This is the best running smoothest and highly powered motorhome I have had. Another option that can be done is there are lots of kits available that could increase horsepower. After having the engine and turbo set up by an expert. I have chosen not to mess with the design of a very well powered and efficient engine that surpass my performance needs,along with towing needs
- mjary162, Florida

2020-03-14 2008 Holiday Rambler Neptune XL 35SBD View Listings

excellent motorhome, enough power when needed,quality interior and exterior, have had other mh's including Winnebago, Fleetwood but this has been out best one. holiday rambler offers many useful options and the cost of the motorhome is quite reasonable.
- tom bialkowski, Arizona

2020-03-03 1998 Holiday Rambler Navigator 40WDS View Listings

Rare duel axel 1998 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35,000 Low miles. I bought this from a auction a few years back and had it “drove” 250 miles to a yard where it was serviced and winterized . Recently it seems like the old mighty dollar isn’t coming in like it used to so I figured I’d try to recoup a little money and give someone a great deal ..-).. The rv is currently at my sisters in North Carolina as i reside in Southern California. The coach could be looked at at my sisters but will need to coordinate with Her and her husband and their day jobs - I was quoted $1200 to $2300 dollars to have the RV shipped to me but it is a driver if you need to get it to where you live. its driveS and is road worthy. ... This is Mode 35wgs equipped with all the goodies- Ford duel axel chassis with a gas driven v 10 engine- Rebuilt Transmission I believe in 2014 there is paperwork. Clothes washer- full kitchen- full walk in shower with dressing area and toilet. level jacks - 1 pop/slide out in living room - onan generator- pull down canopy- stove - oven - microwave- refrigerator- sleeps 7- Master Bedroom- etc Now there is a few things that have age and it may seem like a lot but I don’t want to leave anything out so I’m mentioning everything i can here . Most people try to hide the stuff till you show up. Noticed on the back exterior on the driver side someone backed into something on the corner it’s just a lower corner of the Rv- I believe this to be a easy fiberglass repair- Also - The carpet and chairs I have where on them this I was going to replace if I kept the coach- I recently replaced the carpet in my 34 1/2 for it and got it done for $600 carpet and labor . I replaced it with a low-cut Berber I got a remnant from the carpet company. Wallpaper glue here and there is starting to peel due to his age- - One piece a veneer on the cabinet needs to be replaced- really though these are all simple fixes. I have recently seen these rv”s in decent shape go from $25-$26,000 and up with more mileage so please do your homework and buy with confidence this is your chance to get a really nice coach at a really good deal . I am listing this locally as well both in California and North Carolina . I did list this thing pretty low so someone can get a good deal but please Instead of lowballing On the price maybe throw in something for a partial trade to make up the difference if you’re going to give me a cash offer- I will take trade up to $2500 for harley Davidson - triumph - bsa - 53-54-55-56 chevy or buick wagon -A good running and reliable car you can get out to California- etc- let me know what you have.
- Vinnie, North Carolina

2020-02-26 2004 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDQ View Listings

Very reliable RV. A joy to drive. Very good middle of the road RV. Enjoyed every trip we took in it! Good on fuel also having averaged between 8.5 and 9.5 mpg for all of 70000+ miles. Still in great shape!
- Michael Kennedy, North Carolina

2020-02-12 2014 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT View Listings

We have loved living full time in our HR Ambassador motorhome. Its easy to drive, has plenty of power and tows our Honda CRV with ease. The living area is so nice with direct vision from sofa and captain chairs to the TV above the beautiful fireplace (with or without heat). The kitchen has a large residential refrigerator, convention oven and covers for the double sinks that add to your counter space. Since we stayed mostly in RV parks with electrical hookup we rarely used the propane stove. Instead we used a portable induction cooktop and found the stove cover handily added counter space. We added a portable dishwasher which adds to the counter space as well as a real at home experience. The full size-separate washer and dryer make laundry easy. The bedroom has tons of storage as well as a king size sleep number bed and convenient bench for seating, full length closet and lots of drawers and cupboards. The bathroom has numerous cabinets and is big enough to not feel cramped. Overall the interior is a good balance of living, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. Outside the electric power cord reel is a real helper especially on cold mornings. The air leveling system is so good and fast that we can setup in minutes. The 3 slides (one a full body slide) transform the rig from travel mode to spacious home in no time. Basement storage is good for the patio rug, chairs etc. Overall we found this motorhome a great model for years of full time RV living.
- Randy King, Florida

2020-02-12 2006 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PDQ View Listings

Overall it was a fine Motorhome. My problem was that the previous owner didn't share that the headlights would turn off after about one hour driving. The mfg. Tried twice to fix the lights with zero results.
- Gary, Florida

2020-01-26 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

Beautiful unit has a real nice ride due to independent front suspension and rear steering tag axle. Rich looking interior but quality is lacking Workmanship is not up to par. Fortunately I am capable of repairing much of their shoddy work. I have electric heat floors but they give you 3 15,000btu A/C’S with only 1 with a heat pump I feel that is pretty cheap for an all season coach plus I have yet to find out how to control heat in basement to keep from freezing in Winter low temps. Over all a very nice Coach
- Marcel, Florida

2020-01-25 2007 Holiday Rambler Admiral 36DBD View Listings

I like this rv. Has it been inspected, and what does it need? body damage, tires, batteries, window leaks,generator repair,brakes, etc.I am willing to do some repair.Ide like to see it maybe tuesday or so.
- gary oviatt, Oregon

2020-01-23 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36Y View Listings

Personally, I'm very sad to see how rapidly our coach has fallen apart. It is stored indoors for majority of the year, but we have had many issues with it including driving/handling, outlets & lights not working, slides not working properly all the time, awning broke multiple times, trim falling off, weather striping around slide and cubby's falling off, lock to main door malfunctioning, and other items quit working. We have had the majority of these items fixed multiple times at General RV, however they are still a problem. At this point neither REV/Holiday Rambler or General RV will stand behind their workmanship and fix their "repairs" that are still broken. I would not recommend this coach. And sadly, our family loves to travel but with all these continual problems it makes our trips frustrating.
- Jen Gorski, Michigan

2020-01-21 2017 Holiday Rambler Admiral XE 26D View Listings

This is a great rig for first time travelers or for downsizing. We are sorry we have to hangup the keys due to health and age. The rig is easy to drive and park at Walmart. I loved having the split bath. Storage, oh my! enough room for all your tools and mama's stuff, too.It tows very well and climbs mountains with ease. We will miss rambling in the Holiday Ramler.
- Brenda, Florida

2020-01-18 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

factory service has been great. i drove an other rv this last week and was shocked how poor that rv rode, drove and accelerated. same class a however very different. hr has always been a good quality rv company now they are part of the rev group which has meant better service. towing with the coach you will not know the tow vehicle is there. great product great floor plan.
- bc can, Alabama

2020-01-01 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE 30PDD View Listings

We love our Admiral SE. I thought I wanted a diesel but after owning a workhorse with the big Chevy/ Alison combination, I will stay with the gas. RV’s typically don’t get high mileage so diesel longevity isn’t much of a factor. The 8.1 chev has a ton of torque and pulls our trailered Jeep with no problem. We live in the northwest and pull the mountain grades easily. It does use a lot of gas but the price of gas is much less than diesel. The quality of the older Holiday Ramblers is very good. Our 30’ Admiral is very adequate and comfortable, especially for a retired couple that want to travel and it fits into most campgrounds.The design, layout and amenities are well suited for this coach. It is designed for 30amp usage and the utilities are more than adequate for comfort. The chassis needs one improvement. The rear leaf springs are very long which allows the rear suspension to flex or push in a curve. A trac bar mounts to the rear end and to the frame which stops the flex. It’s about a $500 investment and improves the drivability, especially when towing. Another nice thing about this coach is the roof. It isn’t a rubber roof so it doesn’t require as much maintenance, and isn’t prone to leak.
- Augie Bergman, Oregon

2019-12-02 2003 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45PBT View Listings

I can drive 400 miles without tiring its a very comfortable RV. Does not get putted about by trucks passing because of the air-bag suspension. The 3 AC units keep you cool in the summer and the aqua-hot provides heat in the winter.
- ken, Arizona

2019-12-01 1999 Holiday Rambler Navigator 42DSS View Listings

This is a beautiful RV... We drove it and it drives great with the air suspension system. The recliners were very comfortable. The piano is a wonderful addition. It plays itself and records. Don't have the money just yet but hope to have some after Christmas. Hope its still available...
- Steve, Louisiana

2019-10-24 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor XE 38K View Listings

This is the only RV that offers a king size master bedroom that when you shut the door you truly have a private retreat with your own residential style bathroom separate from the kids or any guest you have
- Jody B, Washington

2019-10-22 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

after having factory repair/replace some cosmetic items making adjustments to my liking this has been the best coach ever.2 bathrooms make it more than convenient also the rear steering always able to make a turn whenever wherever you need.factory service has been very good.the people really care. they have done some personal things that have improved comfort. great company.
- bc can, Alabama

2019-10-08 2020 Holiday Rambler Admiral 32S View Listings

I have owned over 9 RV in my life. This one we have less than a month and I been sitting at the dealer for 2 days now. When the dealer was delivering the unit they had to turn around and have the steering wheel put in the correct position The factory never hooked the black water tank hose to the tank. When we hooked it up we had water run in the bathroom floor and in compartments The dealer had to take interior and exterior walls apart for bathroom to connect the black water flush line Where the sewer connection hooked up out side we could not put the compartment cover on it. The dealer had to take gray and black discharge line apart and cut them The generator quit putting power quit putting 120 volts on the way to the dealer dealer had to get parts The wipers would not work properly The backup camera is hard to see its so dark The radio hardly picks up any stations Would a night mare poor quality. We only used once can’t wait to see what else will go wrong. Bought to enjoy retirement days and ready to sell it!!!!
- Lynn and Joseph Egan, Florida

2019-10-01 2006 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45PBQ View Listings

This is one of the nicest floor plans on this type of Rvs. It feel like a small apartment rather than an Rv. The 4 slides provide a lot of room. The Rv has been very well taken care of and is very clean. It runs great with a lot of power. It rides like very smooth and handling is very stable.The owner has spent a lot of money on new parts. This RV is ready to roll. I think it is very good deal for the price.
- Justin A., California

2019-09-24 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

The overall motorhome is great but it has its problems. We purchased it new and all the plumbing had leaks at the sinks and showers. Our biggest issue is the slide and on the drivers side not coming in the whole way. I think that there is not enough power to this slide to bring it in. One great improvement could be lights in the pantry. I use a flashlight now to see what I have in there. Lights in the under storage would be great as well. I would like to hear if anyone else has problems with the slide. It has torn the flooring. We also had the back slash titles all fall off. My husband had to replace them. We are taking in back for repair this month. I hope they can fix our slide issues.
- Wendy Wyant, Pennsylvania

2019-09-20 2018 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34S View Listings

Purchased the 34S for our retirement travels across country. We experienced a few small issues which the dealer quickly and effectively resolved following our "shake down outing. On one trip we spent 5-1/2 months on the road finding the layout spacious and comfortable. The F53 Chassis performed as specified and without incident as we placed 9,500 plus miles on the coach on just this one trip. We look forward to many more miles and trips!
- PJ, South Carolina

2019-09-14 2004 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 26RKS View Listings

This trailer tows like a dream. We have really enjoyed this coach, the only reason for selling is our family is growing and we need something a little bigger. It is a very comfortable coach, for an 04 it is in excellent condition. A must see.
- Vicky Dieleman, California

2019-09-13 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE 34SBD View Listings

First RV I had was a class c Tiago 26 ft 10 cyclinder which we enjoyed living in but did not meet my power requirements. when we decided to buy this unit we did so because of the great storage space it provided and the workhorse engine. the power was very apparent and fulfilled my needs. spent the last 13 winters down in texas so minimum exposure to winter weather. when we bought this unit it came with extra cabinets so lots of storage. counter space was limited so built a collapsible shelving unit that added 20" x 21.5". later found out the company in future model did the same thing. GUESS ALL GREAT MINDS THINK A LIKE
- NICK RIESER, Michigan

2019-08-21 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38WDD View Listings

Choosing a diesel vs a gas motorhome should be based on various factors including where you are likely to vacation. The diesel one will let you climb mountains with ease and get you down the other side with ease using the air brakes. Diesel motorhomes are quieter to drive and give better fuel economy and they have more torque than the gas models, giving impressive towing capabilities. They also have a much longer life if they are maintained. The Endeavor has a better turning radius than most motorhomes. If you are a snowbird or are planning a longer vacation, you will find that the additional space provided in a larger unit will make for a more pleasant experience, giving each person more personal space. When the slide outs are retracted, some RV's loose important facilities such as the bathroom, bedroom or refrigerators. This becomes inconvenient such as when you stop at rest areas or non camping sites. Our RV only looses the ability to access a few drawers in the bedroom. All other areas are fully accessible. This aspect is often overlooked when selecting an RV. The patio awning is not able to be very large if there are slide outs in that side of the RV. The Holiday Rambler Endeavor is the model that gives you "the most bang for your buck" according to the manufacturer as it has all the components of the luxury line.
- Katharine MacLean, Ontario

2019-08-19 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBT View Listings

Always dependable. We have had many amazing vacations in our RV. We updated it for more comfort. It is a great size for us and our daughter and a friend to be comfortable. We usually entertain in our RV when we camp with other friends who camp with us.
- Jesse, California