Holiday Rambler

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Eileen Boutwell from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36X View Listings

I have waited along time to be a RV owner and had looked at alot RV's. The Holiday Rambler was my choice so bought a 2017. BIG MISTAKE. It is not built like it was said to be. Everyday I find something new that is either broken or not installed properly. Headed for Eugene OR for a recall and hope to get some things fixed. Be very careful when buying a RV. I pray this thing will last
- Eileen Boutwell, Oregon

2021-09-15 2018 Holiday Rambler Navigator XE 35XE View Listings

This is a great RV! Drives like a dream, Entertainment all over the place, comfortable and reliable, you can trust this machine to deliver your party safely and then house them in great style. It sleeps 8 comfortably and the layout facilitates everyone’s comfort. There is plenty of entertainment, three TVs (all HD) surround sound and satellite for both radio and RV add to the fun. It drives well, up and over mountains that would leave most machines gasping for air.
- Frank Miles, Florida

2021-09-15 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

OMG where to start!!! first of all we bought a Invicta 33HB but it’s not a choice on drop downs. This would be the best way to start DO NOT BUY A HOLIDAY RAMBLER!! We purchased a 2021 Invicta 33HB and what a mistake!!! Quality is the worst parts falling off electrical system a joke. Bought it in September 2020 and it has been to the factory for two months to fix the list of 29 things wrong and at dealer for a total of two months for repairs and warranty work so for first 11 months of ownership it has been in shop for 4 months and things still aren’t fixed!!! Stay away from Holiday Rambler and General RV anywhere in the US. may be the countries largest dealer but they have the worst se vice to go with it. Short list of defects: electrical systems, awning, electronics i dash, interior trim falling off, shoddy craftsman ship. The excuses from manufacturer “ you have to understand we are putting a house on wheels” well your company has been in business for decades so you think they would get it right. worst purchase ever!!!
- kevin treworgy, Michigan

2021-09-11 2021 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K View Listings

First off avoid General RV tampa. Worst customer service. We paid for our W/D to be moved from our exiting toy hauler to the unit and they told us they were not going to install for us. It took my husband 1.5 hours to do the job and they wanted 880 for the job. We had a long punch list of items that 9 months later are still not repaired. Our walk through the day of purchase was rushed and we have continued to be told conflicting information about our unit. We were told we did not have solar. We do. We were told the tv did not pull out. It does. We have two recalls on the unit with no parts to repair. We cannot locate the outdoor satellite hook up that states is included and apparently we have a auto retract awning which we were told it was not. The toilets have been malfunctioning and have air locks and the sensor shuts it off at 2/3 full with no warning. We have been left without working toilets several times. We cannot boondock for fear of not having usable toilets. The engine screams and high revs during any type of hill climb. Spark plug wires have burnt due to improper wires that sit on the engine. We have engine lights on almost every trip. We can only book repairs 4 months out. The ice maker has never worked. We picked up our unit on a Saturday and everyone left at 4:00 leaving us in the parking lot with antifreeze in our water tank. Limited staff on Sunday so we spent the night and on Monday morning the repair people would not speak to us or help us with anything. What should have been a very special day for us since we were working on our goal to go full time in a RV into us being abandoned in a parking lot. The workmanship on our unit is shabby. Trim missing, delaminating walls. Cabinet doors cracking due to poor install. Very sad. We plan on selling and purchasing a diesel once we get back to Florida this winter . When purchasing a new RV you can expect there will be some issues but this unit has surpassed anything we have experienced. We contacted the main headquarters to make arrangements to have them go over the unit and they wanted us to come to Indian in November. Pretty sad that based on our story they could not manage to fit us in for four months....
- Emma Payne, Florida

2021-09-10 2008 Holiday Rambler Augusta 251 View Listings

I bought this RV certified and love the way it handles, easy for single woman to maneuver. I have lived almost 3 years full time and put 20,000 miles. Miss Augusta has been a great home for me. I have done some repairs- new CO2 sensor, rear suspension, new engine battery, changed oil regularly, changed transmission fluid, new back country all terrain tires. I feel confident to take her on the road and feel safe. Perfect home for one or two people who want to live full time in her. Normal wear and tear, she is like any other vehicle needing updates and maintenance. All in all with her low mileage, you will find you could enjoy for many years to come as I have.
- Debbi, Washington

2021-08-13 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36SBT View Listings

Our overall experience from owning this motorhome for 4 years is excellent. Any problems? Sure, had to replace slider motors on one slider. Replaced slider awnings (they do age). Water heater leaked and is replaced. Ford V10 engine never gave a lick of problem. Interior is sturdy and beautiful. Paint job is beautiful and like new. We lived in it and travelled for 15 months and loved it. We're selling (Aug 2021) and we may get close to our purchase price when we do (we'll see, but unbelievable if we do)!
- Don Robertson, Florida

2021-08-12 1997 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 32CG View Listings

It looks good for his age how many miles does it have will it have to be picked up or will it be driven to the closest Michigan area and how do you do financing with credit Union has it been kept in great condition and clean free from rust no leaks how is the tires transmission and engine
- Tony lee, Michigan

2021-08-06 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

This motor home is a piece of crap. The floor is turning yellow through out. I have tried everything on it and nothing helps. Sent pictures to HR and their response was it is out of warranty and can’t help you. My out door kitchen has fallen to a point that can’t even open microwave door or even remove it. I know on another post this has happened to another owner. The sump pump in sink broke as result of collapse and had to be replaced.The front windshield leaks as well as the shower with no caulking. The trim on the dash had 4 screws and 6 more drill hole with no screws. The rubber molding on floor coming up. This unit is 2019 and only has 5000 miles on it. I just want to sell it as soon as possible and get something else. DONT BUY HOIDAY RAMBLER JUNK.
- Don gentry, Kansas

2021-07-28 2016 Holiday Rambler Augusta 31D View Listings

The reason we purchased the Holliday Rambler was because of its quality manufacturing. we are the second owner and purchased the RV with 5500 miles on it and have added just under 3000 miles. the totral milage is right around 8160 miles. basically the unit is brand new Ford Drive Train with 10 cyl-E 450 with no leaks, low miles obviously and well taken care of. there are a few details that need to be taken care of like the Lube Oil Filter and a window issue that i am taking care of. the reason for the sale is My wife passed away in 2019 and it hasn't gotten much use. this unit is a find!!! and you can drive away with confidence that your money was well spent on a sloid rig. thanks Randy
- JOSEPH RANDELL CORNELIUS, Washington

2021-07-24 2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42PDQ View Listings

I bought this Scepter because of its beauty and tag axle Roadmaster chassis. It is a sharp unit. It drives markedly better than a single axle. It has overall high quality components. There are, as with all RV's break in fixes that occur. The one main one is the bedroom slide-out needs stainless steel runners put in place underneath it to prevent roller damage. Talin out Florida makes a kit that is easy to install. The lighting system is nice and makes for a lovely adjustable ambience in side. Roomy feel. I bought used and would do it again. 400 hp Cummins and Allison transmission are solid models with a good reputation.
- Robert Baarsch, Minnesota

2021-07-14 2021 Holiday Rambler Invicta 34MB View Listings

Absolutely horrible purchase. We picked up our 2021 HR Invicta, and promptly broke down 20 minutes down the road. The good folks at RV Country in Sparks Nevada couldn't care less. According to them, we were on our own and would have to deal with Ford. RV Country in Sparks Nevada is the worst. I regret ever having purchased from them. Back to the Invicta. I was lucky that I had a friend who is a mechanic. He performed a diagnostic test and found that there were serious misfires occurring. He also located a service bulletin (20-2370) from Ford describing the problem; over heating spark plug wires. Looking at my spark plug wires, there were burnt. Thank goodness we had no fire. But Ford knew of this problem and rather then spend a few dollars to fix it, they chose to endanger my family and just let it ride. No Ford dealer in northern Nevada worked on motorhomes. I did find one mechanic that did warranty work, but the next repair opening was two months out. I chose to purchase OEM spark plug wires from my locale Ford dealer and have my friend do the repair. Unplug old burnt wires, plug in new wires. I contacted Ford and requested reimbursement for the wires. Some $250.00. I sent them receipts from the dealership for the new parts. That was it. No charge for the actual work. Doesn't look like I'm going to be reimbursed. Thanks Ford. Great customer service, especially after having knowingly endangered my family. Now the engine AC is out. I can't wait to take it in and deal with that. I'm regretting having purchased my RV that sits upon a Ford chassis.
- Thomas Mezzetta, Nevada

2021-07-13 2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDD View Listings

Allison transmission and Freightliner Chassis offer a smooth ride. Truly a mobile home. Full size frig allows for stocking up on food. Also plenty of bay storage helps in bringing yard toys along for fun times! rated support low due to limited experience as i bought it outside of warranty period. But do recall reached out once. Wanted clarity on winterizing frig. Holiday Rambler was responsive.
- Michael Carlson, Pennsylvania

2021-07-03 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

It’s awful! Was supposed to be something fun to make family memories in but it’s a nightmare. Has been falling apart since day 1 when we bought it. Currently driving from Florida to williamsburg and the bathroom shower latch keeps coming unlocked AND the dinette table top has lost screws! Literally falling apart. The craftsmanship is appalling. We barely bother with the toilet anymore opting for the ones at sites as that’s always an issue too. Other previous issues with slides, constant leveler malfunctions, aux battery problems, generator problems. Stay away from Holiday Rambler.
- E Kellerman, Florida

2021-06-25 2021 Holiday Rambler Invicta 32RW View Listings

Where to start? My Holiday Rambler first broke down about 15 minutes from the dealership having just picked it up. Seems to have had a known issue with the spark plug wires, but apparently it was worth endangering my family and self rather than fix the issue. After that repair, first outing the rear AC went out. Wouldn't start at all and the remaining front AC was unable to cool at all. I could only get the inside temp down to 90 degrees with an outside temp of 93-94. Then the RV lost all 12 volt power. No lights inside. Then I had issue with the toilet flushing properly. Would not flush. I found a large piece of plastic pipe that had been left in the drain tube during construction. Fortunately, I was able to remove this before it lodged somewhere inaccessible. All before I put 250 miles on this RV. Can't wait to see what's next.
- Thomas Mezzetta, Nevada

2021-06-16 2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38DB View Listings

Elegant experience. Nothing classier than a holiday rambler ambassador. Is like having your own mobile apartment. Loved the full size fridge with ice maker and the washer dryer. Full outside entertainment center with large tv outside.
- Ramona Coveny, Virginia

2021-06-12 1989 Holiday Rambler Alumalite-XL 19CT View Listings

Bought used 12/2019 from private party I knew well. It’s my 2nd RV but first Tr. Trlr. I am able to work on most of its components. I downloaded a PDF owners manual and had it printed and bound. This is my tiny home and has proven to be a good investment.
- Sherman Anderson, Arkansas

2021-06-10 2006 Holiday Rambler Imperial 42PLQ View Listings

This has been a top of the line coach with everything you could want, it's a regular "House on Wheels"! The 400 Cummins engine has lot's of power and is before all the emissions crap. The Holiday Rambler Imperial with Monaco interior made the "best of the best" in it's day!
- Tom Hoyt, New Brunswick

2021-05-15 2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST View Listings

We traveled extensively for two years in this coach. engine is wonderful, drives excellent, prefer a side mounted radiator, combo washer / dryer works well but is small, would like a dishwasher, mechanical was excellent,
- David, North Carolina

2021-04-10 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PDQ View Listings

bought this coach 3 years ago it was a one owner and very well maintained. came with 52,000 miles and 350 generator hrs. we have put aproxamently 14,00 miles on her with no major problems. some minor repairs which i was able to handle thanks to you tube and FMCA forum. currently spent the last 4 months travelling around Flordia for the winter thinking of up grading to newer year put this coach is so easy to drive and handle we havent found anything newer that compares to her.
- don Fiske, New Jersey

2021-04-05 2009 Holiday Rambler Imperial Nantucket IV 45 Tag-Axel View Listings

A Top of the line Motor coach, with an abundance of luxuries one expects at this price point. Its all about the Journey ....From Driving the Interstates with plenty of power to pull the hills without slowing down as you glide along with airbag suspension smoothing the rough spots for you. When you reach your stopping point or destination sit back and relax, knowing you have not sacrificed one singe thing that makes a house a home. Truly... a home away from home.
- Rob Thompson, Tennessee

2021-03-27 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We bought new and right away needed a new shower stall (cracked), hood latch, which was replaced but later fell off,and the rear slide wouldn't go in all the way. They fixed before we picked it up. Took it on it's first trip and the slide again wouldn't go all the way in and the toilet leaked. We took in to get fixed, after several months at the shop we picked it up, took it out again. Toilet issues again and slide issues again and the outside door began to delaminate and one of the basement doors was defective and needed to be replace, and levelers were defective. Took to dealer and they had several months before we were able to pick up again. Now that it is off factory warranty as we were going to Texas. the heater core went out on us. Today,the new door just had its bracket come off (rivets came out), now we have holes in the door. Forgot to mention the toilet has been replaced again and the cable tv inverter needed to be replaced.
- Paul McBride, Wisconsin

2021-03-26 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40X View Listings

Has great power even when towing, has great luxury inside including dishwasher washer and separate dryer. The FireWire electronics is excellent and LED lights saves on the use of your batteries. It has many more amenities was a pleasure to drive and explore
- Danny, California

2021-03-13 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor XE 38K View Listings

2nd Hoilday Rambler 1st was a 1988 presidential Then went into a horrible 2008 Thor hurricane big mistake on the thor 2nd 2017 HR endeavor love it so much I don't want to leave it. Drives and rides like dream. Quality and technology combined. Only issue is very low front-end 12000 thousand later to repair front end way to low you can't even get fuel in most stations go over speed humps in and out of roads with minor inclines. Contacting HR once complete to address issues and repair as this is very dangerous and needs there attention asap. Has any one else contacted them and what was outcome?
- Jeff, New York

2021-03-09 2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38DB View Listings

We picked up a 2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassador four days ago and drove it back to South Florida. The coach was in great condition and the folks at Porter had it prepped and ready to roll upon our arrival. Their tech, Tony did a very complete walk through with us so we understood all the systems and procedures we needed to know. The family that owns this business are great to deal with and they made our transaction seamless. We looked for the perfect RV for over a year and found it at Porters. We recommend them highly and are extremely happy with our purchase. Tom and Jan Brain
- Tom and Jan Brain, Florida

2021-03-02 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

I want to be clear - I wrote REV group trying to resolve the issues - but they obviously could not care less. My spouse is a travelling nurse, specializing in ICU and Critical Care. She stays in the unit when she's on assignment. We bought our Vacationer XE 32A because of the layout. It was ideal for her. (Note - I think I'd avoid the white leather, though ---- it stains super easily) To be fair, HR has built some nice features into cabinetry, as well as furniture. The wood finish is nice for an entry level motor home. Unfortunately, that's where the quality stops. The vehicle shakes and wanders all over the road when we drive it (will be purchasing a steering stabilizer if we opt to keep it). The dealer we purchased it from checked alignment and balance and reported no problems. I conclude it's just a crappy design. Drivability is between poor and fair. The cell phone microphone they put into this unit is awful, and you need to be careful with the driver's seat when you crank the room in. The achilles heel on this thing is the water heater. It works sometimes - but we've never had enough hot water to take a shower (even a short one). We've had it in a nearby shop 3 times with no resolution - and HR just kind of shrugged. The levelling system is tempermental. Seems there's always something going wrong with it. We just disconnected it and bought plastic levellers. (I think that's a highly unsatisfactory situation, but we put up with it because we can work around it). The heat in the under-belly is a great touch - but HR did not hook up the ductwork that goes from the furnace to the bedroom. Result - - cold bedroom. That's just lazy slop. My biggest bone to pick is the way HR handles warranties. The very second it's out, it's out. They just shrug and say "out of warranty." (actually - would be elated if they said that much - they've ignored our attempts) My spouse's passion is saving lives, not fixing motorhomes and supporting mechanic pensions. I'm disappointed, and won't be purchasing another REV Group product.
- Richard Miller, West Virginia