Holiday Rambler Endeavor

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler Endeavor RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James K. Brantley from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDD View Listings

I have owned this vehicle for nine years. I have had no problems in the operation or livability. I belong to two travel clubs (H/R & Retired Military). Everyone has complemented me on how well the vehicle looks. Good reliable RV.
- James K. Brantley, South Carolina

2021-09-27 2019 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38N View Listings

This is our first diesel RV. The upgrade over our last gas model is unbelievable. Much quieter and less stressful to drive. Climbs hills like a car instead of a semi. Fit and finish are good. No squeaks and rattles. The king mattress is so comfortable my wife wants to move it into our house. After 17 months and 16K miles, we are very satisfied with our home on the road.
- William Wolf, North Carolina

2021-09-15 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

OMG where to start!!! first of all we bought a Invicta 33HB but it’s not a choice on drop downs. This would be the best way to start DO NOT BUY A HOLIDAY RAMBLER!! We purchased a 2021 Invicta 33HB and what a mistake!!! Quality is the worst parts falling off electrical system a joke. Bought it in September 2020 and it has been to the factory for two months to fix the list of 29 things wrong and at dealer for a total of two months for repairs and warranty work so for first 11 months of ownership it has been in shop for 4 months and things still aren’t fixed!!! Stay away from Holiday Rambler and General RV anywhere in the US. may be the countries largest dealer but they have the worst se vice to go with it. Short list of defects: electrical systems, awning, electronics i dash, interior trim falling off, shoddy craftsman ship. The excuses from manufacturer “ you have to understand we are putting a house on wheels” well your company has been in business for decades so you think they would get it right. worst purchase ever!!!
- kevin treworgy, Michigan

2021-05-15 2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST View Listings

We traveled extensively for two years in this coach. engine is wonderful, drives excellent, prefer a side mounted radiator, combo washer / dryer works well but is small, would like a dishwasher, mechanical was excellent,
- David, North Carolina

2021-03-26 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40X View Listings

Has great power even when towing, has great luxury inside including dishwasher washer and separate dryer. The FireWire electronics is excellent and LED lights saves on the use of your batteries. It has many more amenities was a pleasure to drive and explore
- Danny, California

2020-11-11 2011 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43DFT View Listings

This RV is an awesome driving and riding Coach. It sets on 10 airbags which gives it an excellent ride. The chassis underneath is made by RoadMaster. Because of the full body slide on the drivers side the inside is exceptionally roomy. I towed a Ram 1500 4x4 behind it and you never felt that it was back there. It is an awesome and very comfortable home away from home! Loved it!!
- Phil Roth, Oklahoma

2020-11-01 2018 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 44H View Listings

I love, love, love this coach! It is the ultimate rv for full-time living since it is very spacious. The layout is exceptional. It provides the best travel experience possible. The ride is extremely smooth and you feel light you're floating. We have not experienced any issues with this coach and I highly recommend it.
- S, Florida

2020-10-28 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

Let me tell you this thing is a piece of f***ing s**t we bought this our first trip out everything broke from the heater to the jacks the doors the bed route coming in and out the steps SAVE YOUR MONEY my old Rv was 20 times better we sold it 40g and got this at Dennis rv Westminster Burned is for 215,000 yup F**en bs Burn this thing to ground serious
- James Sinton, California

2020-05-13 2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40SKQ View Listings

This is our second motorhome we purchased since retiring. Our first motorhome was an 2003 Expedition deisel 34 ft. by Fleetwood with 2 slides. It was a good motorhome however we wanted a deisel pusher with a larger engine and more interior space. The Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PKQ more than filled the need for a more powerful engine and generous interior. It was like going from a Honda to a Mercedes (we have had both)! As the co-pilot the feature I liked the best was the handling - yes - I can easily drive it with the great mirrors, back up camera, steering, braking (jack brake), fully adjustable power seat and easy to reach and read controls. We tow a fully loaded Ford 350 van for my sports business, it follows along nicely. The bonus was how quiet this coach is because it is so well built and insulated. Ever stop in a rest area and a refrigerated big rig pulls up next to you and is so noisy? Hardly an issue with this fine unit. My husband is a tinkerer so this coach allows him to bring ample tools to do any job or repair on the road with the huge storage bins under the coach. This coach inside also has tons of storage for full timing or if you like to bring lots of toys and games, sporting equipment, etc. I am an Ironman Triathlete and it takes a lot of gear to swim, bike and run, an was able to store everything in an organized manner. I conducted 3 businesses while traveling, hunger advocacy, bicycle ride director and my sports biz. I had a file cabinet under the desk with a computer and printer on the desk with plenty of room for books, office accessoires, notebooks and storage. Very few coaches have the space when closed up to carry 2 bicycles (we even carried 3 occassionally) and be able to walk to the back of the coach to access the bathroom or bedroom. When stopping for the evening when traveling I could prepare dinner without opening the front slides. We opened one slide in the bedroom and could access the bed and closet and all storage. We call this coach our 1 bedroom condo on wheels. The powerful generator provides power on the road and at home when the power shut downs occur. The coach is easy to maintain, we have an excellent mechanic and mobile repair service when needed. I find many motorhome chintz on the kitchen, this unit does not. Huge refrigerator/freeze, fast cooking microwave and cook top plus generous work surface to prepare meals, I like to cook. The sleep number bed is new and so comfortable! The bathroom has good lighting, access and storage. Nice shower with seat. I like the glass door that opens out rather than a sliding curved one and easy to clean surfaces. The queen sofa bed is also a sleep number air bed and according to our guests very comfortable. The dining table (corian) can 2 seat or pull out to seat 4-5 people. This is my brief but spetacular thoughts on this luxury RV we have thoroughly enjoyed traveling in. Patty S.
- Pattytri25, California

2020-05-05 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38WDD View Listings

Best thing we have ever purchased. Classy, quality and could easily live in it. It drives so nicely and even pulls our bass boat. The light wood and light floors make it cheery and the bathroom is full size and floor plan in perfect. We have actually 8 inside it!
- Quincy Burns, Washington

2020-04-22 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDS View Listings

I've had various motorhomes and trailers over the years, but my Endeavor was by far my favorite to date. I owned my Endeavor for over 6 trouble free years. Holiday Rambler had an excellent reputation and it showed throughout my ownership. You just can't beat a diesel pusher for power, braking, and overall road manners. I wish I could have kept it, but my hobbies demanded a longer trailer which put me over legal length. Hard to go backwards after you've had the best!!
- Andrew, Washington

2019-08-21 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38WDD View Listings

Choosing a diesel vs a gas motorhome should be based on various factors including where you are likely to vacation. The diesel one will let you climb mountains with ease and get you down the other side with ease using the air brakes. Diesel motorhomes are quieter to drive and give better fuel economy and they have more torque than the gas models, giving impressive towing capabilities. They also have a much longer life if they are maintained. The Endeavor has a better turning radius than most motorhomes. If you are a snowbird or are planning a longer vacation, you will find that the additional space provided in a larger unit will make for a more pleasant experience, giving each person more personal space. When the slide outs are retracted, some RV's loose important facilities such as the bathroom, bedroom or refrigerators. This becomes inconvenient such as when you stop at rest areas or non camping sites. Our RV only looses the ability to access a few drawers in the bedroom. All other areas are fully accessible. This aspect is often overlooked when selecting an RV. The patio awning is not able to be very large if there are slide outs in that side of the RV. The Holiday Rambler Endeavor is the model that gives you "the most bang for your buck" according to the manufacturer as it has all the components of the luxury line.
- Katharine MacLean, Ontario

2019-08-19 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBT View Listings

Always dependable. We have had many amazing vacations in our RV. We updated it for more comfort. It is a great size for us and our daughter and a friend to be comfortable. We usually entertain in our RV when we camp with other friends who camp with us.
- Jesse, California

2019-06-16 2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 36PST View Listings

I have not own a RV,but like the size of them and the fact of having all the items you need at hand,this RV is affordable and from the website looks as if was mantain.me and my wife plans too do some traveling so this would be very very helpful,this way I don't have too book a room lol.i see yhall have a large section of RVs looking forward to meeting one of the sale agent to see what can take place.Larry 870-456-0686
- Larry L. Turentine Sr, Arkansas

2019-05-31 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

Terrible design on front end, drags the ground and cracked the front generator slide out fiberglass door. Does not do well for cold weather. I was told it was for cold weather. I had to add electric heaters to water compartments to keep them from freezing. Water collects on top of slides and floods the inside when you retract the slides. Assembly is poor, trash was behind the washer and dryer from factory. They are not inspecting anything and just pushing these out the door leaving the customer stuck with junk and to work bugs out. You will constantly have your rig in for repair while you make the payments on a quarter million dollar turd. All REV group products are not regulated, inspected, tested whatever and are junk. Do yourself a favor and buy a Tiffin.
- Michael LaMay , Michigan

2019-02-26 2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PAQ View Listings

We love the Holiday Rambler, it sturdier built than most of the ones we looked at. When the four slides are out we have plenty of room. Lot of storage inside and in the basement. I would recommend Holiday Rambler to everyone that is looking for comfort and easy driving. We could live in it, if we wanted to.
- Louie Watson, Arkansas

2018-12-14 2018 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40D View Listings

This is the third motorhome I have purchased from [dealer]. I am a registered nurse and do travel nursing and thus live in this coach. The overall quality of the coach is ok. However, I did have a lot of problems with it as I purchased it new. On the way home from the dealer, the dam thing just quit going down the freeway. I had to drive it 30 miles an hour for the remainder of 40miles home. New coach with 210 miles on it. Once the problems were resolved, I love this thing and would't trade it except for another new one. I don't think that will happen to soon.
- Jan Maury, Michigan

2018-12-07 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDS View Listings

Excellent quality of house construction materials, 18 years old and still a quieter ride than some of the newer units driven. Solid ride, very good to drive, comfortable on the rode and at camp. Did need to install a battery carrier for easier maintenance access and move the the washer / dryer combo up off of the floor for maintenance and ease of use. If this unit had another opposing super slide on the passenger side of the living area it would be about perfect.
- Martin Waggoner, Florida

2018-07-07 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

Purchased on 8 March 2017 and on the drive from Alvarado Texas to Little Rock Arkansas the generator door kept sliding out we had to stop 3 or 4 times to slide the drawer back in. Had this repaired 3 times, in the end I repaired it myself to keep the drawer from coming out. Latch mounting bracket did not have any lock washers/nuts, so I installed them myself. Front heat pump did not work, was told on two occasions that the 40E only had one heat pump in the rear even though the internet and brochure stated it had two. Finally took into River City RV and told them and they took a look and it and reinstalled something and it started working. Example of REV Group not wanting to accomplish warranty repair. Front is very low and hits on every dip in the road. It is so low I drag going in and out of gas stations and RV parks, anywhere their is dip,bump or incline of any kind. First incident happened when the generator door flew open when I had to hit the brakes hard. At the same time I had to swerve to miss a vehicle that pulled out in front of me and ended up on a rock on the side of the road, upon backing off the rock it tore off the front cover of the generator slide. This cost over $15,000 to repair. Second incident; I was driving down major road at 65 MPH where there was a traffic light which turned red so I let up on the gas to let the jake brake slow me down to about 50 MPH the light turned green so I started to speed up when I hit the intersection where there was a dip in the road which could not be seen and the coach bottomed out and smashed the front fiberglass into the asphalt road and cracked the windshield. This cost over $15,000 to have repaired.
- Lloyd Miller, Arkansas

2017-12-27 2009 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ View Listings

We have have purchased this coach iin October 2008 just before they went bankrupt guess what the warranty was on me .This coach has been a nightmare since day one. We have spent quite a bit of money and headache to have problems fixed. The first few months of use we had the coach towed on our first long trip and they found the the wiring bundle melted from and was created by the exhaust (poor manufacturing)between towing and repairs it took olmost a week to get it done and of course this had to happened in Canada. The problems are non stop every trip there is something going on. So I know I have to spend around $1500 every year in repairs and maintenance so I am not concerned any more it comes with the territory. The chassis,transmission,engine and generator have been trouble free only the Holiday Rambler assembly have been the nightmare . We went to a Holiday Rambler meeting in Pahrump Nevada and the stories of problems were non stop THIS IS SO SAD. So would I recommend Or buy an other HOLIDAY RAMBLER OF COURSE NOT. For all new owners hope you will get a better coach and service. Good luck
- Phil, California

2017-12-20 1996 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 36WB LE View Listings

We have owned this model for 2 1/2 years during which time we have put 5000 + miles on it. It is a pleasure to drive with plenty of power because on this one we have added a complete Banks system. It is very livable with a complete bathroom in the middle between the bedroom in the back and the rest of the coach up front. Great motor coach!
- Sigurd Hoyer, Georgia

2017-10-02 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

The front end is too low it’s constantly scraping causeing a lot of damage it’s a very poor design that needs to be recalled and corrected. Also adding to this problem the Generator latch comes loose when driving down the road very dangerous. We are full timers and having problems with this at most places we go. HELP We paid over $200.000 and have only had it 5 months. Also there has been numerous issues with pop up TV and the washing machine. Not happy.
- Lloyd miller, Texas

2017-09-01 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38PST View Listings

Purchased late April, 2017. Had issues with coach before we even drove off lot. Am sitting in lounge at dealer In Decatur, Indiana. Am appalled at the poor quality with, not only my coach, but also with all the higher end coaches here. Cannot believe how many issues remain with these coaches after leaving the factory. I would think, after spending anywhere from $200,000.00 to 5 & 600,000.00 on an RV, you would end up with a better quality vehicle. Every person I talk to have similar feelings. Does the RV industry need oversight? I believe they do. Very disappointed!
- Deborah Young, Texas

2017-08-10 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40E View Listings

The front end I'd very low to the ground, lots of quality issues. Clothes washer needs repair, dishwasher dont lock closed for travel, redridgerator dont lock closed for travel and broke firefly main control as design has handle of fridge hitting center of control panel on wall. 172.00 direct from firefly. I don't believe the basement is heated as informed by HR. Wardrobe doors in bedroom are cheaply designed, tiles loose on floor, trash was found behind washer and dryer space, paint flaws everywhere, microwave fan grinds and will need repair, has leak in DEF system, we are full time RV'ers and had a Tiffin Allegro prior and I suggest not buying a HR. Don't buy into the hype, you will regret owning this as I do.
- Michael LaMay, Michigan

2017-07-17 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40G View Listings

My new 2017 HR Endeavor is so low I scrape going in a service station.I can't even get this motor home in my driveway. We had a 2003 Revolution and could take it any where. So far I am out a lot of money on a horrible motor home. We brought it in Quartzite and haven't gone any where due to how poorly it is designed. Does anyone else have this issue with the 2017. In contacting Freight Liner they say they only make the chassi and that HR is responsible for how low it is. HELP
- Lori Brodoski, California