Holiday Rambler Class A - Gas

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler Class A - Gas RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Eileen Boutwell from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36X View Listings

I have waited along time to be a RV owner and had looked at alot RV's. The Holiday Rambler was my choice so bought a 2017. BIG MISTAKE. It is not built like it was said to be. Everyday I find something new that is either broken or not installed properly. Headed for Eugene OR for a recall and hope to get some things fixed. Be very careful when buying a RV. I pray this thing will last
- Eileen Boutwell, Oregon

2021-09-11 2021 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35K View Listings

First off avoid General RV tampa. Worst customer service. We paid for our W/D to be moved from our exiting toy hauler to the unit and they told us they were not going to install for us. It took my husband 1.5 hours to do the job and they wanted 880 for the job. We had a long punch list of items that 9 months later are still not repaired. Our walk through the day of purchase was rushed and we have continued to be told conflicting information about our unit. We were told we did not have solar. We do. We were told the tv did not pull out. It does. We have two recalls on the unit with no parts to repair. We cannot locate the outdoor satellite hook up that states is included and apparently we have a auto retract awning which we were told it was not. The toilets have been malfunctioning and have air locks and the sensor shuts it off at 2/3 full with no warning. We have been left without working toilets several times. We cannot boondock for fear of not having usable toilets. The engine screams and high revs during any type of hill climb. Spark plug wires have burnt due to improper wires that sit on the engine. We have engine lights on almost every trip. We can only book repairs 4 months out. The ice maker has never worked. We picked up our unit on a Saturday and everyone left at 4:00 leaving us in the parking lot with antifreeze in our water tank. Limited staff on Sunday so we spent the night and on Monday morning the repair people would not speak to us or help us with anything. What should have been a very special day for us since we were working on our goal to go full time in a RV into us being abandoned in a parking lot. The workmanship on our unit is shabby. Trim missing, delaminating walls. Cabinet doors cracking due to poor install. Very sad. We plan on selling and purchasing a diesel once we get back to Florida this winter . When purchasing a new RV you can expect there will be some issues but this unit has surpassed anything we have experienced. We contacted the main headquarters to make arrangements to have them go over the unit and they wanted us to come to Indian in November. Pretty sad that based on our story they could not manage to fit us in for four months....
- Emma Payne, Florida

2021-08-13 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36SBT View Listings

Our overall experience from owning this motorhome for 4 years is excellent. Any problems? Sure, had to replace slider motors on one slider. Replaced slider awnings (they do age). Water heater leaked and is replaced. Ford V10 engine never gave a lick of problem. Interior is sturdy and beautiful. Paint job is beautiful and like new. We lived in it and travelled for 15 months and loved it. We're selling (Aug 2021) and we may get close to our purchase price when we do (we'll see, but unbelievable if we do)!
- Don Robertson, Florida

2021-08-12 1997 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 32CG View Listings

It looks good for his age how many miles does it have will it have to be picked up or will it be driven to the closest Michigan area and how do you do financing with credit Union has it been kept in great condition and clean free from rust no leaks how is the tires transmission and engine
- Tony lee, Michigan

2021-08-06 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

This motor home is a piece of crap. The floor is turning yellow through out. I have tried everything on it and nothing helps. Sent pictures to HR and their response was it is out of warranty and can’t help you. My out door kitchen has fallen to a point that can’t even open microwave door or even remove it. I know on another post this has happened to another owner. The sump pump in sink broke as result of collapse and had to be replaced.The front windshield leaks as well as the shower with no caulking. The trim on the dash had 4 screws and 6 more drill hole with no screws. The rubber molding on floor coming up. This unit is 2019 and only has 5000 miles on it. I just want to sell it as soon as possible and get something else. DONT BUY HOIDAY RAMBLER JUNK.
- Don gentry, Kansas

2021-07-14 2021 Holiday Rambler Invicta 34MB View Listings

Absolutely horrible purchase. We picked up our 2021 HR Invicta, and promptly broke down 20 minutes down the road. The good folks at RV Country in Sparks Nevada couldn't care less. According to them, we were on our own and would have to deal with Ford. RV Country in Sparks Nevada is the worst. I regret ever having purchased from them. Back to the Invicta. I was lucky that I had a friend who is a mechanic. He performed a diagnostic test and found that there were serious misfires occurring. He also located a service bulletin (20-2370) from Ford describing the problem; over heating spark plug wires. Looking at my spark plug wires, there were burnt. Thank goodness we had no fire. But Ford knew of this problem and rather then spend a few dollars to fix it, they chose to endanger my family and just let it ride. No Ford dealer in northern Nevada worked on motorhomes. I did find one mechanic that did warranty work, but the next repair opening was two months out. I chose to purchase OEM spark plug wires from my locale Ford dealer and have my friend do the repair. Unplug old burnt wires, plug in new wires. I contacted Ford and requested reimbursement for the wires. Some $250.00. I sent them receipts from the dealership for the new parts. That was it. No charge for the actual work. Doesn't look like I'm going to be reimbursed. Thanks Ford. Great customer service, especially after having knowingly endangered my family. Now the engine AC is out. I can't wait to take it in and deal with that. I'm regretting having purchased my RV that sits upon a Ford chassis.
- Thomas Mezzetta, Nevada

2021-07-03 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

It’s awful! Was supposed to be something fun to make family memories in but it’s a nightmare. Has been falling apart since day 1 when we bought it. Currently driving from Florida to williamsburg and the bathroom shower latch keeps coming unlocked AND the dinette table top has lost screws! Literally falling apart. The craftsmanship is appalling. We barely bother with the toilet anymore opting for the ones at sites as that’s always an issue too. Other previous issues with slides, constant leveler malfunctions, aux battery problems, generator problems. Stay away from Holiday Rambler.
- E Kellerman, Florida

2021-06-25 2021 Holiday Rambler Invicta 32RW View Listings

Where to start? My Holiday Rambler first broke down about 15 minutes from the dealership having just picked it up. Seems to have had a known issue with the spark plug wires, but apparently it was worth endangering my family and self rather than fix the issue. After that repair, first outing the rear AC went out. Wouldn't start at all and the remaining front AC was unable to cool at all. I could only get the inside temp down to 90 degrees with an outside temp of 93-94. Then the RV lost all 12 volt power. No lights inside. Then I had issue with the toilet flushing properly. Would not flush. I found a large piece of plastic pipe that had been left in the drain tube during construction. Fortunately, I was able to remove this before it lodged somewhere inaccessible. All before I put 250 miles on this RV. Can't wait to see what's next.
- Thomas Mezzetta, Nevada

2021-03-27 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We bought new and right away needed a new shower stall (cracked), hood latch, which was replaced but later fell off,and the rear slide wouldn't go in all the way. They fixed before we picked it up. Took it on it's first trip and the slide again wouldn't go all the way in and the toilet leaked. We took in to get fixed, after several months at the shop we picked it up, took it out again. Toilet issues again and slide issues again and the outside door began to delaminate and one of the basement doors was defective and needed to be replace, and levelers were defective. Took to dealer and they had several months before we were able to pick up again. Now that it is off factory warranty as we were going to Texas. the heater core went out on us. Today,the new door just had its bracket come off (rivets came out), now we have holes in the door. Forgot to mention the toilet has been replaced again and the cable tv inverter needed to be replaced.
- Paul McBride, Wisconsin

2021-03-02 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

I want to be clear - I wrote REV group trying to resolve the issues - but they obviously could not care less. My spouse is a travelling nurse, specializing in ICU and Critical Care. She stays in the unit when she's on assignment. We bought our Vacationer XE 32A because of the layout. It was ideal for her. (Note - I think I'd avoid the white leather, though ---- it stains super easily) To be fair, HR has built some nice features into cabinetry, as well as furniture. The wood finish is nice for an entry level motor home. Unfortunately, that's where the quality stops. The vehicle shakes and wanders all over the road when we drive it (will be purchasing a steering stabilizer if we opt to keep it). The dealer we purchased it from checked alignment and balance and reported no problems. I conclude it's just a crappy design. Drivability is between poor and fair. The cell phone microphone they put into this unit is awful, and you need to be careful with the driver's seat when you crank the room in. The achilles heel on this thing is the water heater. It works sometimes - but we've never had enough hot water to take a shower (even a short one). We've had it in a nearby shop 3 times with no resolution - and HR just kind of shrugged. The levelling system is tempermental. Seems there's always something going wrong with it. We just disconnected it and bought plastic levellers. (I think that's a highly unsatisfactory situation, but we put up with it because we can work around it). The heat in the under-belly is a great touch - but HR did not hook up the ductwork that goes from the furnace to the bedroom. Result - - cold bedroom. That's just lazy slop. My biggest bone to pick is the way HR handles warranties. The very second it's out, it's out. They just shrug and say "out of warranty." (actually - would be elated if they said that much - they've ignored our attempts) My spouse's passion is saving lives, not fixing motorhomes and supporting mechanic pensions. I'm disappointed, and won't be purchasing another REV Group product.
- Richard Miller, West Virginia

2021-01-23 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 34J View Listings

This is our 3rd RV. 1st was 2006 Fleetwood Jamboree. 2nd was Thor Citation (Sprinter Chassis). We wanted small last go'round. This time we wanted long term livable as we're retired now (working part-time on the road) and will be living in it while we find a new home base in the mid-west (moving out of California). We wanted the outdoor kitchen and a TV opposite the main sofa as opposed to at an angle. I also wanted to make sure this coach was weather tight. (The Thor was not). I wanted solar; the 34J is pre-wired from roof to storage compartment. I wanted clean infrastructure hookups; definitely go those. The spousal unit wanted a bad that was accessible with the slide in; we got that. I wanted the toilet on the floor, not on a build-up floor; we got that. I'm happy to get the F53 chassis with the new V-8 7.3L. This unit also has one of the best kitchen layouts, outside and in. My disappointment is the gas mileage so far but I think it will get better. I'm also disappointed that the awning doesn't slant down. I do like the size of the awning for outdoor living. It did not come with vent covers (Maxxairs or equivalent. I'm not a fan of climbing on the roof but will need to). Overall it's great! We've only had it a week but I'm confident we're doing OK. I couldn't get the cruise control to work driving it home but that's a Ford warranty issue so it's going to a Ford dealer not an RV dealer for that fix.
- Raij Dude, California

2020-12-25 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XE 32A View Listings

If you're new to RVs, buy from a dealer who will give you an extensive, detailed walk through. The manual is not helpful at all. My unit has a few bugs. I suppose that's normal. The problem is that the manual gives no reliable guidance. There is nothing "standard" .... id imagine the most common problem with RVs. Thing is, with a 100k , I think it'd be reasonable to expect and get more support and documentation. Many of my unit's components do not match what's in the manual. Makes it very hard to troubleshoot. The directions for leveling are USELESS, and in fact, self contradicting. (One step says to shut the engine off, another says the engine must be running) The directions for the electrical are bad. I've already drained a battery. My water system looks nothing like the manual. Am a bit upset about that, as I desperately need a shower. I'm told my unit has a heat pump, but I see no directions, and have not figured out how to heat the BR.
- Richard, Florida

2020-12-04 2020 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

Used regularly for over a year now and no major issues. Love the floorpan with L-shaped dinette. Tons of open floor space and storage. Cabinetry and components are good quality and feel solid. Furniture is really comfortable, especially the captains chairs. I looked at other Class As that were much more expensive and I feel like the Admiral felt more solid and had better quality materials and options. The decor is contemporary- not cheesy and reminiscent of my Nana's house. Having a microwave in the outside kitchen is genius. The only issues so far have been the rubber edge on stair tread separated a little, the cable to the driver seat swivel lever disconnected (it was an easy fix) and a few of the LED lights in the awning are out. I wish the outside TV had a swivel mount so it would be easier to reach the HDMI and USB ports behind it, but I love that the screen is HUGE. The handling was initially sloppy and needed a lot of steering correction to stay in lane (this is a common complaint for any RV with this Ford gas chassis). I would strongly recommend upgrading the steering stabilizer and sway bar. It handles great now and I've been surprised at how well it accelerates from an on-ramp and uphills. Customer service is easy to get a hold of. Hard to give a review of their warranty response because the pandemic has made it difficult for them to get parts from suppliers. Very happy with the Admiral so far.
- Anthony, Massachusetts

2020-10-27 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE 30PDD View Listings

Great RV drives like a Cadillac on the road! Highest quality construction. Amazing use of space and lots of storage inside and out. Fuel consumption is as expected and has plenty of power for those high grades.
- legendsspeedshop, California

2020-09-18 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36DBT View Listings

We purchased our 2016 Vacationer brand new in 2018. I thought this motorhome would be the only one for us. Since we purchased it we have had issue after issue. It was in the shop for weeks right after we purchased it. Finally we got it back and then a recall which we can’t seem to get fixed by the dealership. Our satellite is hit or miss, and we can’t figure out how the whole entertainment system works and neither can the dealership. The pump in our bathroom might work or it might not. The speakers on the outside entertainment center are not working properly. I wish I had my time to do this one over. I always thought Holiday Rambler was high end but I guess I was mistaken.
- Elaine Chaffin, Tennessee

2020-08-23 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We purchased our 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A two months ago and have taken it on 7 trips so far (full hookups and boon docking). Very easy to drive and set up. Exceptional quality especially at this price point. Floor plan is very functional at 29.3 feet but wish we had gone with the 35R because it has opposable seating and the bathroom separate from the bedroom. Flex steel furniture is very high quality and comfortable. Over cab queen drop down bed fits two adults comfortably but you do need to add an additional mattress pad. Make sure you find a Ford dealership near you that can service the motor/chassis because your dealer can only service the coach part. We would most certainly recommend HR to friends and look forward to someday upgrading to their Diesel class.
- Brad Ellis, Virginia

2020-08-08 2020 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

Part of Letter, I sent to CEO of Camping World. I wanted to let you know that we went camping for 1 night and close to home and when we got to the camp site we found our outside kitchen has sunk in the compartment. I have a pretty good tolerance level but this broken it. I can not believe that everyone puts up with something breaking or falling apart every trip. New problems to add... 1) can not open 1 cabinet at the bottom of kitchen area 2) can not open microwave 3) back wood panel cracked 4) refrigerator is leaning 5) tv speaker wire is broken on back to exterior tv 6) side step is binding (it is bent due to scraping on the road, I was told that the unit does not have the proper clearance from ground) per AOT. 7) toilet plugged twice. stuff gets caught in the tube to tank. Ongoing issues 8) Awning fiasco waiting for new complete unit, Defective? Advised by my insurance agent the carefree has a replacement unit due to all the broken units. Insurance agent advised to attempt warrantee replacement. $1400, plus labor waiting for parts and labor costs. Agent advised to make sure I get the updated kit for the Awning. They know the problems. 9) Wifi Sky Ranger 4 does not work. worked 2 hours and quit. 10) stair treads are torn and unglued in entrance way 11) the rubber molding between the drivers area and unit was not glued. I put some glue on it so it would not get damaged, or someone tripping on it. 12) The windows still bind when to crank them out, they touch when open. I am totally frustrated at this point. The RV since I picked it up has less that 2000 miles on it and 960 of it has been bringing it to your shop. The first night we brought it home and opened the Slider, a large piece of molding flew off almost hitting my wife. My son used velcro to put it back in place till the shop could glue it. Here are some pictures of it. I am a retired Police Officer, Firefighter, Paramedic, and US Army National Guard Vet, I bought this for our family to spend time traveling and having fun. So Far it's a Nightmare. My wife and I were going to travel the country for a month or 2, but now we do not trust the unit. Right now the unit is in the shop for another week, they have to rebuild the entire outside kitchen. They stated that several of the problems maybe delayed for up to a month due to parts shortage. I have to rate this unit as overall.... 1-poor quality of materials 2-poor workmanship 3-poor quality control, many of the problems should never had left the factory. (AWNING DEFECT) Just traveling almost 200 mile round trip to the shop to get nothing fixed is expensive in gas and time to have someone take off time to give me a ride home and to the Campers World Shop in NH.
- rberryvt, Vermont

2020-07-29 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We bought this motor home in January2020 and it has spent more time in the shop than in our driveway. After purchasing the 2019 unit we had to bring it back in to have the floor fixed and glue removed from bathroom walls. That took 3 months. After we got it back it was put into storage and two weeks ago we brought it home to get ready for our first trip. We also wanted to be sure everything was working correctly. Glad we did that, because virtually nothing was working. The microwave would not power up the main TV would not power up. The batteries would not charge on shore power Bad inverter. The car radio needs to be replaced. the levelers were not working correctly. The tv antenna needs to be replaced. All this after the unit sat in storage for 2 months. What a POS. Now that we want to go on a trip that has been planned for 7 months. The unit is back in the shop for two to three weeks while they wait for parts from the manufacturer. But two to three weeks turned into three months to get the floor repaired. So no telling how long it will be in the shop this time. Make a long story short. Stay away from Holiday Rambler. The unit is inferior, hard to get parts for quickly. Thank God this did not happen on the road. We could be stuck somewhere for weeks waiting for repair parts. Forgot to mention because the inverter was not charging the batteries I had to open the hood to jump the unit and start the engine to charge the batteries. Well the hood latch fell apart when I tried to close the hood. (REAL QUALITY)
- August Scarpelli, Ohio

2020-07-25 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

Extremely pleased with this RV comfortable to drive and camp in. Plenty of outside and inside storage. Fit and finish is excellent for an RV at this price point. I would recommend to a friend and would purchase it again.
- Peter Hodgson, North Carolina

2020-07-04 2016 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34ST View Listings

THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH WITH SOLID CHERRY CABINETRY, NO PRESS BOARD WALLS/ETC AS IN CHEAPER BRANDS. LUXURY ABOUNDS IN THREE SLIDES. FULL 3 DOOR REFER W/ ICE MAKER, CENTRAL VACUUM, 3 INTERIOR/1 EXTERIOR TV, SOFA BED IS INFLATABLE MAKING COMFORTABLE SLEEPING W/NO UGLY CROSSBAR, CONVECTION/MICROWAVE PLUS MANY FINE EXTRAS. THE COACH IS EFFORTLESS AND FUN TO DRIVE, HEATED SIDE MIRRORS. GPS SCREEN SHOWS RV SIDES WHEN SIGNALING FOR LANE CHANGE/TURN. THIS IS A HIGH QUALITY COACH AT A MORE THAN REASONABLE PRICE.
- Paul Sherbino, New York

2020-05-28 2018 Holiday Rambler Reno 29M View Listings

Beautiful RV in and out. Runs great, all the amenities you could need and very simple to learn all the controls. Had a blast driving this around the past 8 months. Perfect for a couple or even a family. Sleeps 8 people.
- Adam Yust, Ohio

2020-05-06 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

The Holiday Rambler is a really good RV, we enjoyed it. We went to Florida and Alabama for 2 months and found it very comfortable to live in and travel in. The layout is convenient. It is really nice to have an outside TV.
- Molly Maxwell, Pennsylvania

2020-01-25 2007 Holiday Rambler Admiral 36DBD View Listings

I like this rv. Has it been inspected, and what does it need? body damage, tires, batteries, window leaks,generator repair,brakes, etc.I am willing to do some repair.Ide like to see it maybe tuesday or so.
- gary oviatt, Oregon

2020-01-23 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36Y View Listings

Personally, I'm very sad to see how rapidly our coach has fallen apart. It is stored indoors for majority of the year, but we have had many issues with it including driving/handling, outlets & lights not working, slides not working properly all the time, awning broke multiple times, trim falling off, weather striping around slide and cubby's falling off, lock to main door malfunctioning, and other items quit working. We have had the majority of these items fixed multiple times at General RV, however they are still a problem. At this point neither REV/Holiday Rambler or General RV will stand behind their workmanship and fix their "repairs" that are still broken. I would not recommend this coach. And sadly, our family loves to travel but with all these continual problems it makes our trips frustrating.
- Jen Gorski, Michigan

2020-01-21 2017 Holiday Rambler Admiral XE 26D View Listings

This is a great rig for first time travelers or for downsizing. We are sorry we have to hangup the keys due to health and age. The rig is easy to drive and park at Walmart. I loved having the split bath. Storage, oh my! enough room for all your tools and mama's stuff, too.It tows very well and climbs mountains with ease. We will miss rambling in the Holiday Ramler.
- Brenda, Florida