Holiday Rambler Class A - Diesel Reviews on RV Insider (112)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler Class A - Diesel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

James K. Brantley from South Carolina says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDD View Listings

I have owned this vehicle for nine years. I have had no problems in the operation or livability. I belong to two travel clubs (H/R & Retired Military). Everyone has complemented me on how well the vehicle looks. Good reliable RV.
- James K. Brantley, South Carolina

2020-07-16 2005 Holiday Rambler Imperial 42PBQ View Listings

Great floor plan with light cabinets that make for a roomy living experience. We really liked the aqua hot heating in the fall and winter months. This Motorhome was easy to drive and the side cameras helped to keep us safe.
- Karen Cox, Alabama

2020-07-03 2006 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDQ View Listings

Size, excellent boondock capabilitys, 4 slides, on road satellite, all the extras make this a perfectly fabulous coach both in terms of comfort and reliability!! Highly upgraded from manufacturer..Never lived in...Never smoked in ..so much more!!!++++++!!!!
- C. A. KUENZLI, Arizona

2020-05-13 2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40SKQ View Listings

This is our second motorhome we purchased since retiring. Our first motorhome was an 2003 Expedition deisel 34 ft. by Fleetwood with 2 slides. It was a good motorhome however we wanted a deisel pusher with a larger engine and more interior space. The Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PKQ more than filled the need for a more powerful engine and generous interior. It was like going from a Honda to a Mercedes (we have had both)! As the co-pilot the feature I liked the best was the handling - yes - I can easily drive it with the great mirrors, back up camera, steering, braking (jack brake), fully adjustable power seat and easy to reach and read controls. We tow a fully loaded Ford 350 van for my sports business, it follows along nicely. The bonus was how quiet this coach is because it is so well built and insulated. Ever stop in a rest area and a refrigerated big rig pulls up next to you and is so noisy? Hardly an issue with this fine unit. My husband is a tinkerer so this coach allows him to bring ample tools to do any job or repair on the road with the huge storage bins under the coach. This coach inside also has tons of storage for full timing or if you like to bring lots of toys and games, sporting equipment, etc. I am an Ironman Triathlete and it takes a lot of gear to swim, bike and run, an was able to store everything in an organized manner. I conducted 3 businesses while traveling, hunger advocacy, bicycle ride director and my sports biz. I had a file cabinet under the desk with a computer and printer on the desk with plenty of room for books, office accessoires, notebooks and storage. Very few coaches have the space when closed up to carry 2 bicycles (we even carried 3 occassionally) and be able to walk to the back of the coach to access the bathroom or bedroom. When stopping for the evening when traveling I could prepare dinner without opening the front slides. We opened one slide in the bedroom and could access the bed and closet and all storage. We call this coach our 1 bedroom condo on wheels. The powerful generator provides power on the road and at home when the power shut downs occur. The coach is easy to maintain, we have an excellent mechanic and mobile repair service when needed. I find many motorhome chintz on the kitchen, this unit does not. Huge refrigerator/freeze, fast cooking microwave and cook top plus generous work surface to prepare meals, I like to cook. The sleep number bed is new and so comfortable! The bathroom has good lighting, access and storage. Nice shower with seat. I like the glass door that opens out rather than a sliding curved one and easy to clean surfaces. The queen sofa bed is also a sleep number air bed and according to our guests very comfortable. The dining table (corian) can 2 seat or pull out to seat 4-5 people. This is my brief but spetacular thoughts on this luxury RV we have thoroughly enjoyed traveling in. Patty S.
- Pattytri25, California

2020-05-05 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38WDD View Listings

Best thing we have ever purchased. Classy, quality and could easily live in it. It drives so nicely and even pulls our bass boat. The light wood and light floors make it cheery and the bathroom is full size and floor plan in perfect. We have actually 8 inside it!
- Quincy Burns, Washington

2020-04-22 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38CDS View Listings

I've had various motorhomes and trailers over the years, but my Endeavor was by far my favorite to date. I owned my Endeavor for over 6 trouble free years. Holiday Rambler had an excellent reputation and it showed throughout my ownership. You just can't beat a diesel pusher for power, braking, and overall road manners. I wish I could have kept it, but my hobbies demanded a longer trailer which put me over legal length. Hard to go backwards after you've had the best!!
- Andrew, Washington

2020-03-31 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

factory service is the best. they have serviced coach since new have always taken care of any problem. even after warranty. great company to work with. has been great coach always comfortable everything has met satisfaction.
- bc, Alabama

2020-03-21 2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PST View Listings

I have had this rv and have replaced alot of things as you see in the description. Replaced some because I wanted to lessen the chance of failure. Like all the drive belts which weren't worn out but still relaced with new. It's in excellent mechanical condition. I had the engine set up for maximum performance by a trained professional, who specialized in diesel along with the turbo to set up for maximum power and efficiency. The motorhome is very well powered and handles the steepest hills and cruises down the highway with ease. Very smooth and very powerful, Holiday Rambler along with Cummins and Allyson transmission did a great job at sizing the drive traing for this motorhome. Many people have asked me if it is an 8.3 liter cummins which it is. Cummins has been making the 8.3 liter since the 1990 and it has been their lead engine for the motorhome industry. What many people don't realize is that the cummins 8.3 liter comes in many flavors meaning horsepower and torque. That why when you see an cummins 8.3 liter engine in a motorhome the horse power, transmission and full drive train has been designed specifically for the specs of the motorhome it's going in. The key (which I have done ) is to keep the engine along with the turbo set up for maximum horsepower and effiency. The rest of the drivetrain has already been done. This is the best running smoothest and highly powered motorhome I have had. Another option that can be done is there are lots of kits available that could increase horsepower. After having the engine and turbo set up by an expert. I have chosen not to mess with the design of a very well powered and efficient engine that surpass my performance needs,along with towing needs
- mjary162, Florida

2020-03-14 2008 Holiday Rambler Neptune XL 35SBD View Listings

excellent motorhome, enough power when needed,quality interior and exterior, have had other mh's including Winnebago, Fleetwood but this has been out best one. holiday rambler offers many useful options and the cost of the motorhome is quite reasonable.
- tom bialkowski, Arizona

2020-03-03 1998 Holiday Rambler Navigator 40WDS View Listings

Rare duel axel 1998 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35,000 Low miles. I bought this from a auction a few years back and had it “drove” 250 miles to a yard where it was serviced and winterized . Recently it seems like the old mighty dollar isn’t coming in like it used to so I figured I’d try to recoup a little money and give someone a great deal ..-).. The rv is currently at my sisters in North Carolina as i reside in Southern California. The coach could be looked at at my sisters but will need to coordinate with Her and her husband and their day jobs - I was quoted $1200 to $2300 dollars to have the RV shipped to me but it is a driver if you need to get it to where you live. its driveS and is road worthy. ... This is Mode 35wgs equipped with all the goodies- Ford duel axel chassis with a gas driven v 10 engine- Rebuilt Transmission I believe in 2014 there is paperwork. Clothes washer- full kitchen- full walk in shower with dressing area and toilet. level jacks - 1 pop/slide out in living room - onan generator- pull down canopy- stove - oven - microwave- refrigerator- sleeps 7- Master Bedroom- etc Now there is a few things that have age and it may seem like a lot but I don’t want to leave anything out so I’m mentioning everything i can here . Most people try to hide the stuff till you show up. Noticed on the back exterior on the driver side someone backed into something on the corner it’s just a lower corner of the Rv- I believe this to be a easy fiberglass repair- Also - The carpet and chairs I have where on them this I was going to replace if I kept the coach- I recently replaced the carpet in my 34 1/2 for it and got it done for $600 carpet and labor . I replaced it with a low-cut Berber I got a remnant from the carpet company. Wallpaper glue here and there is starting to peel due to his age- - One piece a veneer on the cabinet needs to be replaced- really though these are all simple fixes. I have recently seen these rv”s in decent shape go from $25-$26,000 and up with more mileage so please do your homework and buy with confidence this is your chance to get a really nice coach at a really good deal . I am listing this locally as well both in California and North Carolina . I did list this thing pretty low so someone can get a good deal but please Instead of lowballing On the price maybe throw in something for a partial trade to make up the difference if you’re going to give me a cash offer- I will take trade up to $2500 for harley Davidson - triumph - bsa - 53-54-55-56 chevy or buick wagon -A good running and reliable car you can get out to California- etc- let me know what you have.
- Vinnie, North Carolina

2020-02-26 2004 Holiday Rambler Neptune 36PDQ View Listings

Very reliable RV. A joy to drive. Very good middle of the road RV. Enjoyed every trip we took in it! Good on fuel also having averaged between 8.5 and 9.5 mpg for all of 70000+ miles. Still in great shape!
- Michael Kennedy, North Carolina

2020-02-12 2014 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT View Listings

We have loved living full time in our HR Ambassador motorhome. Its easy to drive, has plenty of power and tows our Honda CRV with ease. The living area is so nice with direct vision from sofa and captain chairs to the TV above the beautiful fireplace (with or without heat). The kitchen has a large residential refrigerator, convention oven and covers for the double sinks that add to your counter space. Since we stayed mostly in RV parks with electrical hookup we rarely used the propane stove. Instead we used a portable induction cooktop and found the stove cover handily added counter space. We added a portable dishwasher which adds to the counter space as well as a real at home experience. The full size-separate washer and dryer make laundry easy. The bedroom has tons of storage as well as a king size sleep number bed and convenient bench for seating, full length closet and lots of drawers and cupboards. The bathroom has numerous cabinets and is big enough to not feel cramped. Overall the interior is a good balance of living, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. Outside the electric power cord reel is a real helper especially on cold mornings. The air leveling system is so good and fast that we can setup in minutes. The 3 slides (one a full body slide) transform the rig from travel mode to spacious home in no time. Basement storage is good for the patio rug, chairs etc. Overall we found this motorhome a great model for years of full time RV living.
- Randy King, Florida

2020-02-12 2006 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PDQ View Listings

Overall it was a fine Motorhome. My problem was that the previous owner didn't share that the headlights would turn off after about one hour driving. The mfg. Tried twice to fix the lights with zero results.
- Gary, Florida

2020-01-26 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

Beautiful unit has a real nice ride due to independent front suspension and rear steering tag axle. Rich looking interior but quality is lacking Workmanship is not up to par. Fortunately I am capable of repairing much of their shoddy work. I have electric heat floors but they give you 3 15,000btu A/C’S with only 1 with a heat pump I feel that is pretty cheap for an all season coach plus I have yet to find out how to control heat in basement to keep from freezing in Winter low temps. Over all a very nice Coach
- Marcel, Florida

2020-01-18 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

factory service has been great. i drove an other rv this last week and was shocked how poor that rv rode, drove and accelerated. same class a however very different. hr has always been a good quality rv company now they are part of the rev group which has meant better service. towing with the coach you will not know the tow vehicle is there. great product great floor plan.
- bc can, Alabama

2019-12-02 2003 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45PBT View Listings

I can drive 400 miles without tiring its a very comfortable RV. Does not get putted about by trucks passing because of the air-bag suspension. The 3 AC units keep you cool in the summer and the aqua-hot provides heat in the winter.
- ken, Arizona

2019-12-01 1999 Holiday Rambler Navigator 42DSS View Listings

This is a beautiful RV... We drove it and it drives great with the air suspension system. The recliners were very comfortable. The piano is a wonderful addition. It plays itself and records. Don't have the money just yet but hope to have some after Christmas. Hope its still available...
- Steve, Louisiana

2019-10-24 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor XE 38K View Listings

This is the only RV that offers a king size master bedroom that when you shut the door you truly have a private retreat with your own residential style bathroom separate from the kids or any guest you have
- Jody B, Washington

2019-10-22 2017 Holiday Rambler Scepter 43G View Listings

after having factory repair/replace some cosmetic items making adjustments to my liking this has been the best coach ever.2 bathrooms make it more than convenient also the rear steering always able to make a turn whenever wherever you need.factory service has been very good.the people really care. they have done some personal things that have improved comfort. great company.
- bc can, Alabama

2019-10-01 2006 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45PBQ View Listings

This is one of the nicest floor plans on this type of Rvs. It feel like a small apartment rather than an Rv. The 4 slides provide a lot of room. The Rv has been very well taken care of and is very clean. It runs great with a lot of power. It rides like very smooth and handling is very stable.The owner has spent a lot of money on new parts. This RV is ready to roll. I think it is very good deal for the price.
- Justin A., California

2019-08-21 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38WDD View Listings

Choosing a diesel vs a gas motorhome should be based on various factors including where you are likely to vacation. The diesel one will let you climb mountains with ease and get you down the other side with ease using the air brakes. Diesel motorhomes are quieter to drive and give better fuel economy and they have more torque than the gas models, giving impressive towing capabilities. They also have a much longer life if they are maintained. The Endeavor has a better turning radius than most motorhomes. If you are a snowbird or are planning a longer vacation, you will find that the additional space provided in a larger unit will make for a more pleasant experience, giving each person more personal space. When the slide outs are retracted, some RV's loose important facilities such as the bathroom, bedroom or refrigerators. This becomes inconvenient such as when you stop at rest areas or non camping sites. Our RV only looses the ability to access a few drawers in the bedroom. All other areas are fully accessible. This aspect is often overlooked when selecting an RV. The patio awning is not able to be very large if there are slide outs in that side of the RV. The Holiday Rambler Endeavor is the model that gives you "the most bang for your buck" according to the manufacturer as it has all the components of the luxury line.
- Katharine MacLean, Ontario

2019-08-19 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBT View Listings

Always dependable. We have had many amazing vacations in our RV. We updated it for more comfort. It is a great size for us and our daughter and a friend to be comfortable. We usually entertain in our RV when we camp with other friends who camp with us.
- Jesse, California

2019-06-17 2017 Holiday Rambler Endeavor XE 38K View Listings

This is a great floor plan. Very open and nice finishes. 2 bathrooms was a must. Wife loved having one she could claim. Very easy to set up with auto leveling. Driving it is easier than I expected. Very easy to kept it clean, flooring is wonderful and makes the coach shine.
- Jeff Robertson , Oregon

2019-06-16 2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 36PST View Listings

I have not own a RV,but like the size of them and the fact of having all the items you need at hand,this RV is affordable and from the website looks as if was mantain.me and my wife plans too do some traveling so this would be very very helpful,this way I don't have too book a room lol.i see yhall have a large section of RVs looking forward to meeting one of the sale agent to see what can take place.Larry 870-456-0686
- Larry L. Turentine Sr, Arkansas

2019-06-02 2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40SKQ View Listings

We have this motorhome and really love it. Good floor plan. Great to drive and very livable for 1 or two people. Lots of cabinet space in kitchen Husband says drives like a Cadillac. He loves to drive it.
- Rita Schaefer, Tennessee