Holiday Rambler Ambassador Reviews on RV Insider (19)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler Ambassador RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Ron Miller from Oregon says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2013 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT View Listings

my new 2013 Monaco holiday rambler is a 284.000.00 rolling piece of s**t. I've have had it 24 months, its been in the shop 12 of that, heater core leak, ac units, bad wiring on frame, monitoring panel, replace shocks, replace jacks stop working replace pump, shield crack first year, rear closets doors fell apart, radiator hose blew off, now water pump is leaking and needs to be replaced, Navstar and Allied RV and Monaco I would not recommend to anyone. Terrible it's only been out 8 times since I have owned it, all 8 times something has gone wrong, Monaco tells me I will love it when I get all the little bugs work out of it. I will be dead from the stress of it first. As I post this, it's in the shop again having a water pump put on it. It only has 15,000 miles on it and 5000 of that are by Monaco. Taking back to there factory to do repairs. DO NOT BUY A MONACO
- Ron Miller, Oregon

2020-03-21 2003 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PST View Listings

I have had this rv and have replaced alot of things as you see in the description. Replaced some because I wanted to lessen the chance of failure. Like all the drive belts which weren't worn out but still relaced with new. It's in excellent mechanical condition. I had the engine set up for maximum performance by a trained professional, who specialized in diesel along with the turbo to set up for maximum power and efficiency. The motorhome is very well powered and handles the steepest hills and cruises down the highway with ease. Very smooth and very powerful, Holiday Rambler along with Cummins and Allyson transmission did a great job at sizing the drive traing for this motorhome. Many people have asked me if it is an 8.3 liter cummins which it is. Cummins has been making the 8.3 liter since the 1990 and it has been their lead engine for the motorhome industry. What many people don't realize is that the cummins 8.3 liter comes in many flavors meaning horsepower and torque. That why when you see an cummins 8.3 liter engine in a motorhome the horse power, transmission and full drive train has been designed specifically for the specs of the motorhome it's going in. The key (which I have done ) is to keep the engine along with the turbo set up for maximum horsepower and effiency. The rest of the drivetrain has already been done. This is the best running smoothest and highly powered motorhome I have had. Another option that can be done is there are lots of kits available that could increase horsepower. After having the engine and turbo set up by an expert. I have chosen not to mess with the design of a very well powered and efficient engine that surpass my performance needs,along with towing needs
- mjary162, Florida

2020-02-12 2014 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT View Listings

We have loved living full time in our HR Ambassador motorhome. Its easy to drive, has plenty of power and tows our Honda CRV with ease. The living area is so nice with direct vision from sofa and captain chairs to the TV above the beautiful fireplace (with or without heat). The kitchen has a large residential refrigerator, convention oven and covers for the double sinks that add to your counter space. Since we stayed mostly in RV parks with electrical hookup we rarely used the propane stove. Instead we used a portable induction cooktop and found the stove cover handily added counter space. We added a portable dishwasher which adds to the counter space as well as a real at home experience. The full size-separate washer and dryer make laundry easy. The bedroom has tons of storage as well as a king size sleep number bed and convenient bench for seating, full length closet and lots of drawers and cupboards. The bathroom has numerous cabinets and is big enough to not feel cramped. Overall the interior is a good balance of living, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. Outside the electric power cord reel is a real helper especially on cold mornings. The air leveling system is so good and fast that we can setup in minutes. The 3 slides (one a full body slide) transform the rig from travel mode to spacious home in no time. Basement storage is good for the patio rug, chairs etc. Overall we found this motorhome a great model for years of full time RV living.
- Randy King, Florida

2019-06-02 2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40SKQ View Listings

We have this motorhome and really love it. Good floor plan. Great to drive and very livable for 1 or two people. Lots of cabinet space in kitchen Husband says drives like a Cadillac. He loves to drive it.
- Rita Schaefer, Tennessee

2019-05-24 2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40SKQ View Listings

The 2008 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40SKQ is a well built motorhome. Great to drive. Ride is smooth and comfortable. Husband loves to drive it. Floor plan is great, very livable lots of storage and closet space.
- Rita Schaefer, Tennessee

2019-03-27 2012 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT View Listings

Very pleased with this RV. Quality was very good but did have the typical constant minor repairs for the first couple years - nothing major though. Drivability was fine, towing excellent, floor plan was very livable, motor and transmission ran strong. Only disadvantage was that it did not have ladder to the roof and was expensive to have the factory add one. A built in outside TV would have been a plus. Basement storage was sufficient, but enlarging a couple of the storage bays would have been better.
- Rod McCormick, Florida

2019-02-19 2015 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38DBT View Listings

the quality of this rv is about the lowest you can find looks good but that's all after 15,000 the seats are peeling fake leather the chasses is about the only part with any quality freightliner. best advise buy any thing but hr.
- BERNARD SCHAAF, Washington

2018-07-28 2013 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT View Listings

We have owned two Holiday Ramblers and loved them both. Our 2013 is the perfect size for living full time and for travel both. Along with the tow dolly we used to tow a Toyota Highlander, the length is perfect for being able to maneuver to refuel. It's not overwhelmingly huge but is still roomy. The engine is powerful enough that you don't even know the vehicle is being towed. But it's still large and roomy enough to live in full time. The residential refrigerator/freezer makes it easier also because you can "load up" on groceries and not have to constantly go shopping, plus the freezer keeps items completely frozen where as regular rv refrigerators/freezers don't. And the fireplace makes it so much easier to keep warm and comfortable when the weather is a bit chilly and/or damp. The washer and dryer is an extra bonus. No laundry mats for us. We had a dish satellite put in....just like home.
- Beth Yunker, Oklahoma

2018-04-19 2016 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38FS View Listings

Beautiful coach! We upgrade from a gas...well worth it! Tows great, you don’t even know you are towing a vehicle. Just drove it cross country, handled great. Good gas mileage when traveling 65mph. Spacious, open kitchen, plenty of counter space. Full size refrigerator. Washer and dryer. Bunk beds that fold away when not in use.
- Joan C, Florida

2017-11-16 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ View Listings

We are the second owners of this HR, and we really enjoy the spacious front area, and the office area in the bedroom allows for work and pleasure to go on at the same time without interfering with the other cabin area. We had the occasion to use HR for some replacement items and found this a simple/painless process from the manufacturer. The storage is awesome and easily accessible. The HR drives awesome, and we are impressed with our overall 8.5-9 mpg at highway speeds of 70+averages. Great coach for the money !
- ben bennett, Missouri

2017-02-18 2014 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT View Listings

This is the perfect size for living full time and for travel both. Along with the tow dolly we used to tow a compact car, the length is perfect for being able to maneuver to refuel, it gets very good mileage, and also makes the coach easier to get into some of the "closer" campsites. It's not overwhelmingly huge but is still roomy. The engine is powerful enough that you don't even know the vehicle is being towed. But it's still large and roomy enough to live in full time. The residential refrigerator/freezer makes it easier also because you can "load up" on groceries and not have to constantly go shopping, plus the freezer keeps items completely frozen where as regular rv refrigerators/freezers don't. And the fireplace makes it so much easier to keep warm and comfortable when the weather is a bit chilly and/or damp.
- Arthur Williams , Florida

2016-09-29 2001 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 34PBD View Listings

We bought this RV new at a show. We decided on the 34ft model so we wouldn't have a problem finding spots across the country. This has paid off over the years. Although no longer under warrant, we have received friendly, courteous service and help when needed. We upgraded everything we could, as my husband wanted the best he could get. We added many extras, including the Banks Exhaust System which increases power and mileage. I have never driven this rig, so since my husband passed, I'm looking for a smaller one. But, I will never find one I love as much as this one!
- Susann Vinson, California

2016-03-09 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ View Listings

We had this RV for 4 years and totally loved it. It handle a trip to Alaska and back with no problem. We also had it cross country a couple of times. Also we snowbird a couple of months in the winter the last two years. This RV never let us down.
- Ray Huffman, Washington

2016-02-18 2011 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 36PFT View Listings

Have owned this coach new since July 2012 and love it. The Holiday Rambler quality outshines all the rest. Had some issues under the warranty period, but they were all corrected. Had some major problems, but those were my own stupidity and totally my own fault. Did you know , you must never , ever try to free your coach even if you are only very slightly stuck. Yup, says so right in the manual, so , beleive me never try, call for a tow. Only other problems in the 26000 miles I have driven it, we're breaking of coach steps wire underneath, which I now keep checking, and the relay switch was faulty and on a recall. Love the floor plan, love the tile floor, love the 2 air conditioners, feel like we are staying in a top quality hotel room.
- Neil Burns, Ontario

2015-12-02 2015 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38DBT View Listings

The appearance of this RV is great. However, the conversion is very poor. I have had this RV back to the dealer 7 different times and this issue is still not repaired. 5 of those 7 times to the dealership have been to repair the main slide. We have recently taken the RV back to the dealership for a second repair attempt regarding the front cap and several other issues, some have been repaired, and others have not. This RV has cost me 2,800 miles travel to and from the dealership for repairs. If I were purchasing another RV, I would not purchase a Holiday Rambler. I am very disappointed and it does not appear that Holiday Rambler is interested in fixing these issues. I have only been able to use this RV 5,200 miles since I purchased it in October 2014, and these miles include travel to and from the dealership.
- James Glidewell, Kentucky

2015-11-11 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40DFT View Listings

I am the second owner, so I do not know about warranty items by original owner. However in the last four years this has been a very good coach for us. Having a full clothes closet and a second bathroom is a real plus. Also having two ceiling ducted heat pumps plus two LP furnaces gives you lots of options to heat the coach with LP or electric. We mainly used the heat pumps when temperature is above 40 degrees. The main plus for this coach is the: 1. Exclusive Holiday Rambler RR8R eight air bay chassis. You really can drive this RV down the road with "one finger". 2. Huge cargo carrying weight 3,321 lbs., with "see through" storage compartments under the coach floor. 3. Cummins 330 hp ISC engine is great. Drove it 12,000 miles and the only maintenance was just to change the oil and the filters.
- Donald Sutcliffe, Kansas

2015-09-30 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ View Listings

This is a great RV that we purchased new and have had for 10 years and 40,000+ miles. It drives great, tows easy, and is a pleasure to live in. I would definitely buy it again!
- Tony, Tennessee

2014-12-18 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40PLQ View Listings

Great.
- Bill, Florida

2014-11-19 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 38PDQ View Listings

I bought this coach used in 2010. It had only 4,700 miles on it. Owned it four years and added 15,000 miles to it. Loved the coach and everything about it. The 1 1/2 bath is what attracted us to it at first. We got good support from Holiday Rambler/Monaco whenever I needed to call with questions or for minor parts. Sold it last month since we are finished RVing but loved the experience. If I was buying again I would check out the new 2015 Ambassador. Great floor plan and price point for what you get.
- Carl Gerhardt, Nevada