Holiday Rambler Admiral Reviews on RV Insider (18)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Holiday Rambler Admiral RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Hudson from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Holiday Rambler Admiral 32V View Listings

Super awesome RV. Traveled this summer 23 states, 9,000 miles without a problem. Everything worked fine, gas mileage great, maneuverability excellent. Great towing a vehicle. Could not be more satisfied!!! Plenty of power in the western mountains. Just the right size to get into all parks. Easy to maintain. The layout rivals some larger coaches.
- Hudson, Florida

2020-08-23 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We purchased our 2021 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A two months ago and have taken it on 7 trips so far (full hookups and boon docking). Very easy to drive and set up. Exceptional quality especially at this price point. Floor plan is very functional at 29.3 feet but wish we had gone with the 35R because it has opposable seating and the bathroom separate from the bedroom. Flex steel furniture is very high quality and comfortable. Over cab queen drop down bed fits two adults comfortably but you do need to add an additional mattress pad. Make sure you find a Ford dealership near you that can service the motor/chassis because your dealer can only service the coach part. We would most certainly recommend HR to friends and look forward to someday upgrading to their Diesel class.
- Brad Ellis, Virginia

2020-08-08 2020 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

Part of Letter, I sent to CEO of Camping World. I wanted to let you know that we went camping for 1 night and close to home and when we got to the camp site we found our outside kitchen has sunk in the compartment. I have a pretty good tolerance level but this broken it. I can not believe that everyone puts up with something breaking or falling apart every trip. New problems to add... 1) can not open 1 cabinet at the bottom of kitchen area 2) can not open microwave 3) back wood panel cracked 4) refrigerator is leaning 5) tv speaker wire is broken on back to exterior tv 6) side step is binding (it is bent due to scraping on the road, I was told that the unit does not have the proper clearance from ground) per AOT. 7) toilet plugged twice. stuff gets caught in the tube to tank. Ongoing issues 8) Awning fiasco waiting for new complete unit, Defective? Advised by my insurance agent the carefree has a replacement unit due to all the broken units. Insurance agent advised to attempt warrantee replacement. $1400, plus labor waiting for parts and labor costs. Agent advised to make sure I get the updated kit for the Awning. They know the problems. 9) Wifi Sky Ranger 4 does not work. worked 2 hours and quit. 10) stair treads are torn and unglued in entrance way 11) the rubber molding between the drivers area and unit was not glued. I put some glue on it so it would not get damaged, or someone tripping on it. 12) The windows still bind when to crank them out, they touch when open. I am totally frustrated at this point. The RV since I picked it up has less that 2000 miles on it and 960 of it has been bringing it to your shop. The first night we brought it home and opened the Slider, a large piece of molding flew off almost hitting my wife. My son used velcro to put it back in place till the shop could glue it. Here are some pictures of it. I am a retired Police Officer, Firefighter, Paramedic, and US Army National Guard Vet, I bought this for our family to spend time traveling and having fun. So Far it's a Nightmare. My wife and I were going to travel the country for a month or 2, but now we do not trust the unit. Right now the unit is in the shop for another week, they have to rebuild the entire outside kitchen. They stated that several of the problems maybe delayed for up to a month due to parts shortage. I have to rate this unit as overall.... 1-poor quality of materials 2-poor workmanship 3-poor quality control, many of the problems should never had left the factory. (AWNING DEFECT) Just traveling almost 200 mile round trip to the shop to get nothing fixed is expensive in gas and time to have someone take off time to give me a ride home and to the Campers World Shop in NH.
- rberryvt, Vermont

2020-07-29 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

We bought this motor home in January2020 and it has spent more time in the shop than in our driveway. After purchasing the 2019 unit we had to bring it back in to have the floor fixed and glue removed from bathroom walls. That took 3 months. After we got it back it was put into storage and two weeks ago we brought it home to get ready for our first trip. We also wanted to be sure everything was working correctly. Glad we did that, because virtually nothing was working. The microwave would not power up the main TV would not power up. The batteries would not charge on shore power Bad inverter. The car radio needs to be replaced. the levelers were not working correctly. The tv antenna needs to be replaced. All this after the unit sat in storage for 2 months. What a POS. Now that we want to go on a trip that has been planned for 7 months. The unit is back in the shop for two to three weeks while they wait for parts from the manufacturer. But two to three weeks turned into three months to get the floor repaired. So no telling how long it will be in the shop this time. Make a long story short. Stay away from Holiday Rambler. The unit is inferior, hard to get parts for quickly. Thank God this did not happen on the road. We could be stuck somewhere for weeks waiting for repair parts. Forgot to mention because the inverter was not charging the batteries I had to open the hood to jump the unit and start the engine to charge the batteries. Well the hood latch fell apart when I tried to close the hood. (REAL QUALITY)
- August Scarpelli, Ohio

2020-07-25 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

Extremely pleased with this RV comfortable to drive and camp in. Plenty of outside and inside storage. Fit and finish is excellent for an RV at this price point. I would recommend to a friend and would purchase it again.
- Peter Hodgson, North Carolina

2020-05-06 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 28A View Listings

The Holiday Rambler is a really good RV, we enjoyed it. We went to Florida and Alabama for 2 months and found it very comfortable to live in and travel in. The layout is convenient. It is really nice to have an outside TV.
- Molly Maxwell, Pennsylvania

2020-01-25 2007 Holiday Rambler Admiral 36DBD View Listings

I like this rv. Has it been inspected, and what does it need? body damage, tires, batteries, window leaks,generator repair,brakes, etc.I am willing to do some repair.Ide like to see it maybe tuesday or so.
- gary oviatt, Oregon

2019-10-08 2020 Holiday Rambler Admiral 32S View Listings

I have owned over 9 RV in my life. This one we have less than a month and I been sitting at the dealer for 2 days now. When the dealer was delivering the unit they had to turn around and have the steering wheel put in the correct position The factory never hooked the black water tank hose to the tank. When we hooked it up we had water run in the bathroom floor and in compartments The dealer had to take interior and exterior walls apart for bathroom to connect the black water flush line Where the sewer connection hooked up out side we could not put the compartment cover on it. The dealer had to take gray and black discharge line apart and cut them The generator quit putting power quit putting 120 volts on the way to the dealer dealer had to get parts The wipers would not work properly The backup camera is hard to see its so dark The radio hardly picks up any stations Would a night mare poor quality. We only used once can’t wait to see what else will go wrong. Bought to enjoy retirement days and ready to sell it!!!!
- Lynn and Joseph Egan, Florida

2019-09-24 2019 Holiday Rambler Admiral 29M View Listings

The overall motorhome is great but it has its problems. We purchased it new and all the plumbing had leaks at the sinks and showers. Our biggest issue is the slide and on the drivers side not coming in the whole way. I think that there is not enough power to this slide to bring it in. One great improvement could be lights in the pantry. I use a flashlight now to see what I have in there. Lights in the under storage would be great as well. I would like to hear if anyone else has problems with the slide. It has torn the flooring. We also had the back slash titles all fall off. My husband had to replace them. We are taking in back for repair this month. I hope they can fix our slide issues.
- Wendy Wyant, Pennsylvania

2019-08-11 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 30PDD View Listings

Very livable floor plan with LOTS of storage inside and outside. Nice touches on interior: light switches, ease of leveling jacks, comfortable chairs and sofa. Good quality interior cabinets, drawers, latches, bathroom fixtures. Easy maneuverability in traffic and parks. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
- Sandra Twigg, Oregon

2016-10-13 2007 Holiday Rambler Admiral 33SFS View Listings

Like most of the reviews, I love my pre 2009 Admiral. After the company went bust and was acquired by another company I think the overall quality went way down. I have put about 30K on the Admiral and love it. Very livable and comfortable. I replaced the stair motors and did little fixes as any rolling house will always need. Its still a champ. I take her up to 80 mph, where she is happiest. I never regretted spending the extra money for a quality coach. I don't think I would buy a Monaco product now. However, I will say that their parts department is very helpful, even though my coach is long out of warranty.
- Shelby Coleman, California

2016-10-13 2008 Holiday Rambler Admiral 34SBD View Listings

Could not have been happier with this RV. I truely enjoyed driving and camping in it. It not always about the destination but the journey. When the entire family is safe and the kids can use the rest room when needed. That makes all the difference too. John
- John Northrup, California

2016-09-08 2016 Holiday Rambler Admiral 30PDD View Listings

We bought this in mind for our retirement fun. We bought new. We had it out twice and had to take it in for warranty work. Over 20 items to be fixed. Everything from plumbing to water leaks, nails coming out of the floor all the led lights not working, Wiring issues. Seeing daylight from around the slides. While we were on the road we had many issues and when the under sink was opened we found a hammer. I have contacted the mfr with no help. The dealer has had it for two months. I would not recommend.
- Bill Evans, California

2016-02-11 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 34SBD View Listings

After 10,000 miles starting in Chico California to Denver and on to Virginia Beach to visit Son and Family and staying in a KOA from Nov after Thanksgiving to April 2013.Plenty of Space for our clothes and a 4 door refrigerator with ice .Plus a pantry. We visited On our way back Savannah and Charleston ,plus San Antonio . Our Holiday Rambler gave us a trip we will not forget .
- john Martinez, Colorado

2015-05-30 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 34SBD View Listings

The Gm work horse With a Vortec 8100 engine has a life span of 200,000 And After making my trip from Chico California to Denver Colorado 1st Stop where we visited my Eldest Son and family We left after Thanksgiving To Virginia Beach To visit My Other Son and his family for Christmas . We Stayed at A KOA camp in Virginia Beach and Still no Problems . I am very impressed with our Holiday Rambler . Our Trip towing My 2004 Jeep liberty was Fantastic . We felt at Home and yet we were able to visit with our Son and Family and return at night and sleep comfortably in our Queen size bed , Plenty of storage closets, Pantry TV . Better than a hotel .
- John Martinez , Colorado

2015-05-18 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 34SBD View Listings

Great trip in 2012 from California to Virginia Beach to visit our Son & wife and 2 grandsons arrived after Thanksgiving and stayed at a KOA over Christmas it was great being in our motor home. Our Holiday motor home made it easy. We even had some snow and no problems always comfortable plenty of space and storage. It made it easy to visit our grandkids. Our trip back to Colorado via San Antonio where we got to visit River Walk was great still no problems. I did have it serviced be starting back. But our Holiday Rambler made it easy.
- John Martinez, Colorado

2015-03-31 2008 Holiday Rambler Admiral 30SFS View Listings

I have traveled to Colorado, Arkansas, Branson Mo.,and Lousiana. During these trips we have stayed in our motor home with our problem. I have had few problems with our motor home repaired electric steps and Holiday World repaired power lifts on one occasion, the awning motor was repaired you Holiday world no other problems have occured. I have put a soil in the engine for and gotten better gas milage as the results. Asli only requires annual of 12000 miles between changes.
- Thomas Crain, Texas

2015-01-04 2004 Holiday Rambler Admiral 40DST View Listings

Overall a decent RV w/some design flaws, poor paint.
- Jim Summers, Maryland