Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite RVs Reviews (5)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Dan Erikson from Wisconsin says:

Have you owned any Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite UT2910RL View Listings

10 year on the PVC Roof!!! 2 yr with any other manufacturer??? No Brainer people. Looks like the 1st review was a little hasty?? You bought it and give it a 2 star review before driving it off the lot?? Unfair!!!!!!
- Dan Erikson, Wisconsin

2019-01-19 2018 Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

First travel trailer I've owned, but quality-wise it's definitely a notch above most I've seen or heard about. Escape tends to constantly tweak the design and features based on buyer input, which is mostly good but does mean most trailers have a couple areas that aren't well-tested. I've had two problems in over a year of ownership (and ~7 months of active full-time use). One of the bolts in the stairs shook loose, which there's not much excuse for since it's all steel and hard to damage via over-torqueing. That I just fixed myself, with nylock nuts to avoid a repeat. The LEDs they switched to for 2017 also seem to burn out frequently - I think they used a different type in subsequent years. Insulation is decent - it's good down to at least 5F and probably as low as 0F. The layout for the most part makes excellent use of space. There's a couple of walled-off spots in the front corners and around the wheels that could add a tiny bit more storage, though. The trailer is fairly light for the size, and unlike a lot of manufacturers, the actual unloaded weight seems to be within 100lbs or so of the factory rated dry weight. There are a few compromises for the sake of weight, though. The most noticeable is that the dinette cushions are a bit thin (probably 3" vs 4" on some I've seen) and tend to wear out after a few months straight of heavy use. No major issues with construction. Zero leaks. No playing "where did this screw come from" after driving on a bumpy road. No staples or screws coming loose or falling out.
- Elliott, California

2018-12-10 2018 Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

4 Seasons couples travel trailer and perfect for retirees ...... well thought out floor plan and easily towed with half-ton pickup .... outstanding quality and has never been returned to Dealer for warranty work after one years' service ......
- G. D. Cornwell, Texas

2018-01-04 2016 Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite 2604RB View Listings

VERY DISAPPOINTED with our 2016 Open Range 2604RB .. will NEVER EVER purchase another product manufactured by Highland Ridge RV .. purchased in Jun 2016 and have had nothing but problems .. only 1 trip out where we didn't have issues. Dealership has had to replace all of the exterior hatch doors including entry door; bottom of the "supposed" pantry fell through under weight of food; dinette seats detached from the slide out floor; rear of dinette detached from side wall of the trailer; outdoor speakers have been replaced twice; ground screw for the electrical system rusted and caused all of the low voltage electrical to stop working; water tank syphons itself out when you fill it; that's the SHORT LIST just to name a few. Dealership in Cambridge, ON Canada has been awesome, but Highland Ridge refuses to recognize the issues with the manufacture of this trailer, spoke to their Warranty Supervisor twice and they will do nothing. Absolutely NO QUALITY CONTROL .. unit should never have left the factory. Our frame warranty is up in Jun 2018 and are seriously concerned about what will happen after then .. looks like it's time to sell and buy something else. I'm sure this post won't last long but trust me, I will keep reposting to make others aware.
- Vicki Witney, Ontario

2017-04-17 2017 Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite UT2910RL View Listings

We haven't driven the trailer off of the lot yet. I was very disappointed with the size of the sink in the island and am looking for a sink to replace it with. The dealership is trying to help but so far have failed. There is no way you could put a plate in the sink so I guess we will have to bring along one of those old tin basins if we can find one. What the heck!? I don't suppose the MFG would suggest a source? We're hoping the dealership will be able to ad a TV mount in the bedroom like they said. Hope we don't have issues with the quality like we did with our Pace Arrow. It does seem very comfortable inside. Good luck to us! I hope to edit the review after we try it out a couple of times.
- Daulton Ruff, California