Highland Ridge RV Reviews on RV Insider (77)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tom from Indiana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Highland Ridge RV Light 274RLS View Listings

Very good company. Support and warranty are the best. Floor plan is spacious and quality construction is evident. I have owned other RV's and this unit is right up there with the best. Since I live close to the factory I took it back there for replacement of a Fantastic fan replacement. They replaced it as well as a couple of other small items I wasn't even aware of that needed attention. All under warranty. No hassle.
- Tom, Indiana

2020-09-13 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

Well the kitchen is great big stove and a big combo fridge. The bedroom yo can’t walk on both sides of the bed and I have it slid as far over so I can use one side. The bath is a corner one and it is cracking down both sides. Toy hauler is nice and I have problems with the doors and a dump valve, .
- Richard Mabie, Pennsylvania

2020-09-08 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 337RLS View Listings

Warranty isnt good ours is just falling apart every where not worth buying cheaply made and over priced our ac units went out after only having it a month our slide is falling apart whenever we had warranty work done they kept it for weeks dont buy one there junk
- Charles , Oklahoma

2020-08-28 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light 216RBS View Listings

I bought this 216RBS new in Huntsville, AL, at the time, I had researched extensively for a small but spacious trailer, especially the bathroom and shower...Im 6'3" and need some room. The bathroom was huge in this particular trailer and with two opposing slides in the living area it made the trailer seem huge inside too for its size. The quality and construction were ok, better than most I would say. 2017 was the last production year of the 100" wide body trailers, after that, Jayco bought Highland Ridge based on my research and everything got a few inches narrower. There are two gripes I have with this particular trailer, first, while the bed is a true queen, its a tight fit, wish they had added a foot or so to the length and gave me some room at the foot of the bed. The second gripe I've already fixed, the "L-Shaped Lounge" in the living room slide-out was just a really dumb idea, it was incredibly uncomfortable, the bed was useless and it just did not make sense in that small of a trailer. I removed it and replaced it with powered, heated, massage electric reclining theater seating, about $1000, but, well worth it. I also got some nice "barrel style" stools for the center island to use as a bar for eating, a much more usable design now. Overall, I'm happy with my Open Range Light 216RBS, it was constructed very much like the 5th Wheels of this vintage, I'm kind of sad that this building concept was not continued, some people actually do want a small very high quality travel trailer and they are not built like this anymore. Had Highland Ridge continued building trailers like this, with 5th wheel-like construction one can only imagine where the quality and amenities could have gone. I for one am willing to pay for quality, Im just not willing to pay for Airstream quality, their largest trailer seems small to me in comparison. Listen up RV manufacturers.
- Anthony Cooper, Alabama

2020-08-21 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

Never buy from a company that will not stand behind their product. Cabinets falling apart just after 3 years. Poor quality, never will I buy an RV from Jayco Open Range again. Grand Design is the way to go.
- Derek Snider, North Carolina

2020-08-10 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

We just bought this 5th wheel use. Great floor plan and quality materials where used. But after using it I found the craftsmanship and quality control are really horrible. I have found many miner problems that were put together that way from the factory. One major problem is with the large dining slide out. Miss-installed which caused premature ware. Good materials but poor execution on the build. I would not have bought this if I knew all the problems. I would not look at a new one from this company, as soon as the warrantee is up all the problems show up.
- Erik Schirmer, Idaho

2020-08-04 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge 373RBS View Listings

I love the front living room arrangement for this rv. Especially the 50 inch tv. We installed a satellite dish to be used when the rv parks have poor TV or has poor programming. Has a king bed and lots of closet space. We especially love the large master bath. All in all this RV has exceptional storage inside and especially the under storage areas. We installed a Reese Sidewinder king pin so a short bed truck can make those tight turns without worry. Having to sell due to health issues.
- Leon Hays , Arkansas

2020-07-30 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Roamer View Listings

It was home! Myself, husband and our 3 dogs were completely happy. Living in an over 2000 sq foot home to the Roamer was a breeze for the transition. The full size ridgerator made cooking simple and trips to the grocery store very minimal. Storage space is amazing. Comfort and leisure was the ticket.
- DJUANA TOMLIN, Texas

2020-07-22 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

I wouldn’t purchase another Highland Ridge/Jayco. I’m a working man and saved my money so I could retire and enjoy traveling. We purchased our Highland Ridge Open Range brand new and thought we were buying a quality unit. Asked a lot of question about how they were built and what material was used. We were told the flooring was 11/2 inches thick. Our mistake was we thought it was solid. Turns out it is 1/8 inch wood top and bottom filled with foam. After three years of traveling just in the spring and summer the floor has develop soft spots. Between the rafters it will sag 1/2 inch. The problem for us being in our later years of life it causes us to trip and fall. We are out of the two year warranty but thought surely the manufacture would stand behind their product. Every thing you read about their produce they state how They only use the best practices and material. But according to them this isn’t a problem and normal wear and tear called foam deflection. They also stated even if we were still in our warranty period it wouldn’t be covered. So now I’m stuck making payments on a Highland Ridge Open Range that I’m afraid to use. I’d Recommend you stay away from Highland Ridge/Jayco products. Be sure you don’t get taken by their sales pitch of quality product. Because clearly they only care about making money over selling something that should last more than three years.
- David Burson, Wyoming

2020-06-25 2020 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We have owned the Highland Ridge h350 for a few months. We found some basic issues with the rig on inspection. Decals were missing, cracks in the front lighting and the glass in the cabinets are loose. The dealership we bought from has poor service and we are hoping they fix everything. Otherwise, we are very happy with the 5th wheel. The kitchen and bathrooms are awesome 👌 layout is great.
- Amber, California

2020-06-23 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge 26BHS View Listings

Very happy with it, no problems whatsoever.everything works. Very well thought out. Roomy great floor plan. Ours was special ordered with 2 ac units but they never took delivery. We a rd e very pleased with it!
- Scot mckay, Idaho

2020-06-12 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 348RLS View Listings

This RV has more room than any other unit i have visited. The storage space is truly amazing, live ability is second to none. All mechanicals are well designed and work flawlessly. The truck RV combo tows through the mountains flawlessly and without reservation i would keep this unit for years if my health allowed.
- Jack, Ohio

2020-06-07 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

-625sl -Great weight and floor layout but Terrible quality and they do not stand behind their product at all. My unit is 14 months old and I have a screw backing out underneath the roofing material. I’ve been told numerous times that travel Lite will take care of it but I keep getting the runaround. Stay away unless you want to camper you have to fix 12 months after buying it new
- Kyle oszfolk, Iowa

2020-05-30 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2802BH View Listings

This trailer is very light , but built strong with quality not like the cheap brands out there. It has the winter package on it so if you are somewhere cold its great. Sleeps 10 / The bunk beds are great for the kids
- jeff Houghton, Alberta

2020-05-24 2015 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 310BHS View Listings

We looked at many RVs and many floor plans. Read so many reviews and decided on the Open Range Roamer. Apparently I didn't read the right reviews. The one we bought has had so many issues. Now, I'm not saying every one is a piece of junk, but mine is. Within the first 18 months (under the two year warranty) both A/C's went out, a gear box in the big slide went out (come back to that later), the rock guard separated in the front leaving a 6" gape in the siding, trim was coming lose in numerous places, the built in black tank wash didn't work, and there was a soft spot developing in the kitchen floor. Took it in and it was in the shop for approx 6 months. When we got it back, within 3 months, another gearbox in the kitchen slide went out. Come to find out, they had a bad batch of gear boxes. I complained and asked why the hell wouldn't they change the other 3 when they did the one if they knew they were bad. They "good faithed" them and sent the remaining gear boxes, free of charge, to the shop we had it at but didn't pay the labor ($700). Fast forests forward to now... it's 5 years old, the front A/C has been out for a year or so now, trim is loose inside again, and we have a big soft spot in the floor between the living area and bedroom. We took it in 6 months ago to have it looked at and the drain on the shower was dripping under the floor and saturating the insulation. It ran across the trailer and ruined the floor. This thing has been a headache. I guess the day this one was manufactured, someone was hung over, who knows. I would not buy another Open Range and would not recommend to anyone!
- Michael, Texas

2020-05-17 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light LF295BHS View Listings

The highland ridge open range light LF295BHS is definitely the perfect camper. Being that it is half-ton towable is awesome, I can use my Ford F150. This unit was definitely made for a full family with everything thought of for us. Even our pets. Thank you highland ridge open range. I recommend this unit to everyone and always let people come insde and see our half ton light camper. Everyone is always surprised. We are getting everything the 44ft camper has in our 34ft camper. Amazing. This unit fills all our families needs with the amount of storage inside and outside we can bring all the toys for us adults, kids and pets with no worries. We use the hitch on the back for bikes, extra small trailer for wood and coolers. We love the 2ns AC unit keeps all areas cool when we need it in the summer and the fireplace is extra heat on the cooler nights. The outside kitchen was a huge plus because husband and kids are not running in and out of the camper all day. Everything is at their finger tips outside keeping it cleaner inside. The men and kids have a tv to watch outside. The bathroom has so much space it's an A+. My husband and I love the ability to get to the bathroom in privacy with the second pocket door from the master bedroom.
- Karen, Michigan

2020-04-29 2016 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 376FBH View Listings

This camper is not only beautiful and trendy, but very comfortable and flexible. Very well thought out and put together! We love the front living area with the separate bath. Never had a problem with this unit! Love it very much!
- Monica Atkinson, Texas

2020-04-27 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 371MBHS View Listings

Wish I could say I love the RV. Sidewalls are bubbling similar to delamination on a 2 year old trailer but while in for warranty denied repairs it was discovered that it was a problem in the manufacturing process. I would only have to guess that they have this problem frequently. The trailer has passed 2 leak tests prior to being denied.
- Dan Mattis , Alberta

2020-04-16 2020 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2910RL View Listings

Kitchen slideout motors are not synchronized. Can take up to 18 tries to close the slideout. In the end the slideout pulled exterior molding away from exterior trailer wall. Severe water leak in kitchen slideout resulting in needing new flooring which they could not match and had to cut pieces from under the sleeper sofa. Say what in a 2020 trailer? And needing to replace the end table closest to the slide because mold formed from the severe leak. But the worst part is that the dealership has had the trailer for 9 weeks since February 8th, 2020 and it still isn't repaired. Is this a lemon and what is the lemon law for trailers?
- Victoria, Washington

2020-03-22 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We started having issues shortly after picking up our brand new camper. Heater not working, GFI flipped constantly, molding pulled away from outside, bump on frames . Leach RV did document all issues and fixed molding, had move GFI to a new place, since manufacturers installed in a spot that got water in it . After a month at Dealership pick up camper.two months later refrigerator broke. Dealship came out to fix. Then winter camp heater still not working , found that floor behind couch pulling away from wall. Sent to dealership to fix heater again ( all they do is replace the thermostat). Floor was approved to fix by manufacturer. Finally goes back to manufacture to address bump on frame. Manufacturer had for two months ( had to fight for them to pay for transport both to and from) . Now slide out broke. Camper is only 2 years old and have yet to use it for a while season or not have an issues. Heater still not working right. We are having it looked at by a gentlemen that works on campers and works with our warranty. Thank goodness we brought the extended warranty. Manufacturer not working with us on all our issues . They made and sold a lemon. We are now looking at what or option are.
- Dan, Pennsylvania

2020-03-16 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 310BHS View Listings

2018 Open Range 310 bhs. The company has a three-year structural warranty. The main slide fell apart two months after the year warranty. The company wants 5 grand to repair. Talked to 7 rv dealer and all say the design is horrible. I have the opportunity to pay 7 grand to have someone design a new floor that will last. I have bought this trailer to last until I'm dead. Company simply said (rudely) it's not covered in the warranty. Other than that and the kitchen sink assembly being a horrible design the trailer is not bad. They all say it's a factory defect. Hopefully, the attorney can get something done or I will file a small caliam action.
- Chris Huston, Iowa

2020-02-13 2020 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite UT2910RL View Listings

This RV is trash and unusable below 32 degrees. The refrigerator will freeze up even though you have a 4 seasons package. They admitted their RV isnt for use in winter time yet they market it is well consultation for all 4 seasons.
- Ronnie , Oklahoma

2020-02-12 2020 Highland Ridge RV Silverstar 373RBS View Listings

Worst investment of my life. Bought a brand new 2020 and in the first week have over 25 items that do not work some small, some major. First week rear bathroom not working, lines reversed and after multiple attempts to fix found out they installed small line instead of 3”. Door cannot lock, water heater does not work, slides leak all within the first week and I haven’t even added in the small stuff. When talking to them about warranty, even extended warranty only response from Company or place we purchased is bring it in and we will see if or when we can get parts to fix. Half them time no response when scheduling appointments then tell us dates and times don’t work for them even though we bought this brand new with extended warranty over $80k out of our pocket and nothing from them. Think wisely and stay clear of Highland Ridge as their warranty means nothing and customer service is some of the worse I have seen in the industry!! Also they make you give at least one star to even place this review when really they should get none, FYI. Don’t make the mistake we did!
- Jeremy Owens, Texas

2020-01-20 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range OF371MBH View Listings

My wife and I and three of our children used this RV on a six-month trip covering all of the western United States. We had enough space to live and we loved the separate sleeping areas for our boy and two girls. There is lots of storage inside and out. Once we learned how the leveling system worked, set up was a snap. It pulled great with our Ford F-350. Once parked, it was very stable even when facing 80 mph wind gusts in Amarillo, Texas. We loved the RV which was perfect for our extended trip.
- Tim Partlow, Tennessee

2020-01-18 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 318RLS View Listings

All around great bought new in 2016, pulls real good, backs with ease floor plan is good heat & air, refrigerator do a good job. entertainment system is nice, also has the furoin back up system that is excellent. Awning and lights are real good would like to know lengh of awning.
- Auty Parker, Oklahoma