Highland Ridge RV Reviews on RV Insider (59)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tom from Indiana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Highland Ridge RV Light 274RLS View Listings

Very good company. Support and warranty are the best. Floor plan is spacious and quality construction is evident. I have owned other RV's and this unit is right up there with the best. Since I live close to the factory I took it back there for replacement of a Fantastic fan replacement. They replaced it as well as a couple of other small items I wasn't even aware of that needed attention. All under warranty. No hassle.
- Tom, Indiana

2020-03-22 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We started having issues shortly after picking up our brand new camper. Heater not working, GFI flipped constantly, molding pulled away from outside, bump on frames . Leach RV did document all issues and fixed molding, had move GFI to a new place, since manufacturers installed in a spot that got water in it . After a month at Dealership pick up camper.two months later refrigerator broke. Dealship came out to fix. Then winter camp heater still not working , found that floor behind couch pulling away from wall. Sent to dealership to fix heater again ( all they do is replace the thermostat). Floor was approved to fix by manufacturer. Finally goes back to manufacture to address bump on frame. Manufacturer had for two months ( had to fight for them to pay for transport both to and from) . Now slide out broke. Camper is only 2 years old and have yet to use it for a while season or not have an issues. Heater still not working right. We are having it looked at by a gentlemen that works on campers and works with our warranty. Thank goodness we brought the extended warranty. Manufacturer not working with us on all our issues . They made and sold a lemon. We are now looking at what or option are.
- Dan, Pennsylvania

2020-03-16 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 310BHS View Listings

2018 Open Range 310 bhs. The company has a three-year structural warranty. The main slide fell apart two months after the year warranty. The company wants 5 grand to repair. Talked to 7 rv dealer and all say the design is horrible. I have the opportunity to pay 7 grand to have someone design a new floor that will last. I have bought this trailer to last until I'm dead. Company simply said (rudely) it's not covered in the warranty. Other than that and the kitchen sink assembly being a horrible design the trailer is not bad. They all say it's a factory defect. Hopefully, the attorney can get something done or I will file a small caliam action.
- Chris Huston, Iowa

2020-02-13 2020 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite UT2910RL View Listings

This RV is trash and unusable below 32 degrees. The refrigerator will freeze up even though you have a 4 seasons package. They admitted their RV isnt for use in winter time yet they market it is well consultation for all 4 seasons.
- Ronnie , Oklahoma

2020-02-12 2020 Highland Ridge RV Silverstar 373RBS View Listings

Worst investment of my life. Bought a brand new 2020 and in the first week have over 25 items that do not work some small, some major. First week rear bathroom not working, lines reversed and after multiple attempts to fix found out they installed small line instead of 3”. Door cannot lock, water heater does not work, slides leak all within the first week and I haven’t even added in the small stuff. When talking to them about warranty, even extended warranty only response from Company or place we purchased is bring it in and we will see if or when we can get parts to fix. Half them time no response when scheduling appointments then tell us dates and times don’t work for them even though we bought this brand new with extended warranty over $80k out of our pocket and nothing from them. Think wisely and stay clear of Highland Ridge as their warranty means nothing and customer service is some of the worse I have seen in the industry!! Also they make you give at least one star to even place this review when really they should get none, FYI. Don’t make the mistake we did!
- Jeremy Owens, Texas

2020-01-20 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range OF371MBH View Listings

My wife and I and three of our children used this RV on a six-month trip covering all of the western United States. We had enough space to live and we loved the separate sleeping areas for our boy and two girls. There is lots of storage inside and out. Once we learned how the leveling system worked, set up was a snap. It pulled great with our Ford F-350. Once parked, it was very stable even when facing 80 mph wind gusts in Amarillo, Texas. We loved the RV which was perfect for our extended trip.
- Tim Partlow, Tennessee

2020-01-18 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 318RLS View Listings

All around great bought new in 2016, pulls real good, backs with ease floor plan is good heat & air, refrigerator do a good job. entertainment system is nice, also has the furoin back up system that is excellent. Awning and lights are real good would like to know lengh of awning.
- Auty Parker, Oklahoma

2020-01-18 2020 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Conventional OT26BHS View Listings

We just bought ours 2 months ago. Worst purchase im my life. 2nd day we had it the heater stopped working, in winter. 2nd heater in now is melting the floor around vents now it wont shut off even if u turn the whole sw System down at wall panel.U cant have TV on with anything else. Fireplace nope blew fuze, TV and vacuum nope blew again. Now the floor is separating, crappy quality for 75,000.
- Lauren White, Idaho

2020-01-14 2018 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350 View Listings

2018 Highlander Toy Hauler: One year warranty! In for thermostat not operating properly, fuel gauge not working, soft spot in floor of bathroom and kitchen (perfect line along seam of sheathing) Initial dealer dropped the ball and in 3 1/2 months fixed 1 issue (thermostat) with the fifth wheel. Never even investigated to pursue the other problems or report them to the manufacturer. Moved camper to another dealer with the help of Highland Ridge, and the proof that it was dropped off at the prior dealer within 1 year of purchase. New dealer sends pictures and description of issue with the floors (seam of sheathing is not lined up with aluminium joists in sub floor). Dealer recommends repair. Highland Ridge determines that there is no issue, within spec and refuses any repair. I speak with (Tiffany"team leader") Highland Ridge again, they say they will contact the dealer again. I call to follow up, Dealer informs me that Tiffany called and said that they would not cover the repair. I had explained to Tiffany that besides myself, 2 of their dealers had acknowledged the problem. I have had the trailer for 1 month of the year 2019. Highland Ridge despite 2 dealers saying there is a problem and pictures showing that the seam of sheathing is not over the aluminium joist. Tiffany told me that because the floor is layered and has a top layer and bottom layer of sheathing with the aluminum joists and foam between the layers of sheathing that the seam does not need to be over the joist. The location of the soft spot is exactly along the line of supported sheathing and the next piece of sheathing with support further away. I would recommend that any one looking to purchase an RV to look anywhere other than anything from Highland Ridge. I thought that all the stories were untrue with their initial support and effort but ultimately they decide that it is better to screw the customer than stand up and repair what is obviously a manufacturers issue. I allowed for ample time and have in no way been rude or belligerent the pay back for this has been to get stuck with a very expensive unit with soft spots in the floors less than a year after purchase and no support from the manufacturer. I have spoken at length with my current dealer and the technician working on it, both repeatedly apologize and tell me they can't believe how this has been swept under the rug by Highland Ridge. Find any other company that will do anything ?!?, you will be ahead of anyone with a Highland Ridge. They are as bad as the first Dealer (Browns RV in South Carolina). Never ever do business with these lazy, dishonest businesses! Tom Seneca, SC
- Tom Bailey, South Carolina

2019-12-17 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 291RLS View Listings

Many problems after afew months of ownership. With my research l thought l was on track for a halfway decent RV. My wife & l are selling our home so have been in this nearly 2 months now. we have approx 6 issues we will take this in for when we reach our next home in Feb. 1: Slide will not close completely even after trying Lipperts suggestion. 2: the valve that flips from city to holding tank seemed messed up at first but MAYBE ok now. either way on the initial use on city setting it filled the holding tank, over flowed to the point it filled the underbelly enough i had to drill a small hole to release the water. 3: duct vent under bed must be pinched as little to no heat comes from it. 4: right front bedroom wall near window feels cold/wet after rain. went to roof & found a screw missing from the gutter. sealed this & hoping it's the problem though the interior wall could now be holding water? 5: bathroom sink, l believe hot water line has a leak somewhere as every morning we dump the small tupperware bowl. 6: furnace was working fine till lastnite. the fan comes on then turns off as no ignition. many things this could be. seems there is no QA anymore on products. just push them out. no need to have pride in your products.... Steve from Virginia...
- Steve Thiles, Virginia

2019-12-15 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 388RKS View Listings

We bought the unit, for full time use, used for well under market value. We assumed there would be some issues. Our seller gave a great warranty and we bought a 6 year to cover any additional problems. So far we've loved living in our 5th wheel. Hot or cold weather we've been very comfortable. The issues that are common to these units (we did our research prior to purchase) have all been covered under warranty - except the previous owner had over greased the wheel bearings causing glazed pads. Understanding that a house that goes over bridges and potholes may occasionally need repairs is a prerequisite for all RV owners. Also - understanding that all manufacturers have their issues and doing due diligence should be every consumers priority before laying out their hard earned money. Our unit is spacious, well built, comfortable, easy to tow, beautiful inside and out and functional for full time living. We are traveling across the country so we're using mobile RV Technicians and they all have been the ones who handle calls about warranty and insurance.
- Fred Wagner, Georgia

2019-12-06 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge MR2910RL View Listings

We purchased a 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge new Mar. 2019. We have been the owners of this RV for 288 days as of today Dec. 5 2019. 122 days of this time the RV has been at Lazydays at Loveland for repairs . Most recently 72 days waiting outside for the authorization from the manufacturer to repair the leaks last discovered 9/23/2019. It was stored outside for most of the time previous to this. Lazydays discovered at least 8 leaks of water coming in from the outside the last time they checked.. That means that every time it rains water is leaking into the RV. Some water is probably leaking into the inside of the walls and causing mold to form. I am requesting that the manufacturer refund the amount that we paid for the RV or replace it with one of our choice of equal value. According to the information we have been able obtain Jayco has been purchased by Thor
- Jerald Powell, Colorado

2019-12-03 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 370RBS View Listings

You would be better served if you bought a RV unit/ product from a different manufacturer. My experience with this manufacturer and this unit started with kinked hoses to the washer/dryer assembly, sensors to the tanks that were not installed, an awning that stopped working would not retract, door rivets popping out, and incompatible rivets on the bumper not allowing the sewer hose to be stowed as advertised to just name a few of the problems. The thing that is so puzzling is that supposedly this was quality checked before being released to be sold. The furnace was another issue entirely that is seemingly ongoing. I am being told because of the design or placement by sources outside of the company. The company management essentially told me that it what it is and while they will cover it until the warranty runs out (a year) and then I am essentially on my own. THE CAVEAT TO THIS IS THAT IT IS/WAS A BRAND NEW TRAILER, NEVER OWNED, SOLD AS NEW, TRAILER. I, of course, have had additional problems after the warranty lapsed... more furnace issues, and more sensor issues. This company doesn't care about its product or customers. As, I was talking to management about the issues and trying to get help to no avail, I mentioned that I was going to put a Lemon sticker all over the trailer and was told that it was my prerogative. I essentially took that as they don't care, as should you. I would not recommend this company/product to my worst enemy.
- Elton Pettaway , Nevada

2019-11-14 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range LF291RLS View Listings

Great floor plan. All warranty items were minor and repaired by Palm RV in Ft. Myers Beach FL. Highly recommend them, and I didn't buy the unit from them.The coach pulls like a drean. I love the whisper quiet AC. Things I dislike, the cabinets, while they look good, the sides are cheap. Probably to keep the coach light. The small step by the bed. Mattress is terrible but easy replacement. Only one switch to turn on all the main lights. Many will disagree, but I hate the friction hinge door. Also I should have gotten a 2nd AC unit.
- Dan, Illinois

2019-11-11 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

If I had known what a piece of crap this trailer is I would have never bought it! Do yourself a favor and don't buy! Now I am stuck with this P.O.S. I have had water leaks even though its brand new 2020. Now the heater has crapped out. And the warranty is just enough to get it off the lot. Save your time buy a different brand!
- Joel Chaney, Oregon

2019-10-04 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 349RLS View Listings

Have owned a 2017 349RLS 3X for 3 years. The very wide slides make the living area the widest/largest by far. The residential refrigerator is great. Ice maker and water dispenser are great too. Residential shower is great. The factory support is beyond what my salesperson said would happen when I brought in for a repair. Some slide coverings underneath were peeling. A few other items and Highland Ridge approved the repairs instantly. What is not as great - 3 20lb propane tanks - kind of a strange setup, but no doubt easier to handle 20lb tanks. The tires they put on these RV's is very annoying because they are not meant for much use. Oh, and on the living room slides you get the same large windows on each slide, including a large window on the back. I have used this RV down to single digits with ease - all things enclosed. And, I have owned a travel trailer and another fifth wheel, and this one came from the factory with the spray (forget the name of this stuff) around the underneath to ensure all little nooks and cranny's were sealed to further keep the RV insulated, and critters out. I like the electronic door opener too. 80 or 88 gal water tank is nice, but I don't dry camp much, but helps in that I don't use city water connection. I prefer to fillup and use the pump system. Another curious things is why it didn't come with a screen door or screen on the door?? It has a coat hanger on it so I use that to cover the window. No carpet save the bedroom is really nice too - i.e. we have dogs so easier to keep vinyl floor clean. Sunshade and privacy window coverings nice too - just pull one or both down.
- Steven Berley, Oregon

2019-09-25 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 375RDS View Listings

Highland Ridge refuses to stand by their craftsmanship. Our upper kitchen cabinets fell off the wall at 1year 2 weeks, repair was denied due to being 2 weeks past one year craftmanship warranty. At 1 year 9 months our floor separated from dining slide out. Highland Ridge denied repair because this did not fall under the three year structural warranty. The service center stated the floor was not properly secured to to slide out during manufacturing, Highland Ridge denied repair and this is not covered by the extended warranty. Do not trust their craftmanship and their ability to stand by their product.
- Dawn Dias, Texas

2019-09-25 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite UL2802BH View Listings

everything was good and easy to fill out. i would recommend this site to other people i know as well. i dont seem to get any updates though for some reason. But besides that it is all good. I dont like to have to fill in surveys either as i really dont have time for this type of thing
- jeff houghton, Texas

2019-09-24 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

I was( my mother in law 77 years old) sold a 2017 back in 2018, it was sold as a new rv with a factory list price of $62k When there was a defective issue, the warranty company stated it was in the previous owners name? And was not transferable! Lazy days sold a used rv as a new on and I ( my guest) was scared by this company, who will not stand behind there product or make lazy days cover the defects. I am now writing to bbb and the flordia state attorneys office for deceptive sales of this unit. Don’t be the next victim of this company!!! Any questions feel free to call me at 305-797-5184. Thank for reading this, don’t trust them!!
- Linda fay, Florida

2019-08-29 2017 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 371MBH View Listings

It is the perfect fifth wheel for families. It has a private room for children to hang out in and so much space for everyone! I also love the bathroom that comes with a full size shower with a door so the floor doesn't get soaked with kids!
- D. Rickman, Kentucky

2019-08-16 2014 Highland Ridge RV Open Range LT308BHS View Listings

WORST CAMPER EVER!!! We have owned our new since 2014. We can not camp because it is constantly experiencing a defect or breakdown. We have replaced all three slide switches at least two times each. I tell everyone I know about how awful the quality is. Thankful I bought the extended warranty because I have used it every year except 2016, while it was in storage for a year. I wish I understood lemon laws better. Our dealership was no help. I'm paying for a camper that we cant use because normal use causes the slide switches break. In order to get to the manuel crank you have to tear out the decorative trim and the ceiling. How does that even make sense? So that would mean damaging the structure of the camper to bring the slides in manually. So instead of one repair bill I have two. Dawn
- dawnmarievm, Iowa

2019-08-04 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 3X349RLS View Listings

I have really liked owning the Open Range 5th Wheel. It feels like home. We have theater seating, with a 50 inch T.V. We also have a king bed. Lots of windows, with an island has made my wife happy.
- Dave Birkhahn, California

2019-07-31 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

After extensive research and visiting dozens of dealers we Purchased our 2018 272RLS .From the moment we walked in we fell in love. This was one of the first RV’s we had looked and and nothing else measured up. We had one minor warranty issue with the fireplace needing to be replaced . The service department at The dealership took care of it in a timely fashion. The quality and pride that goes into this unit shows everywhere. The level slides with no carpet in the living room area is a big plus when it comes to cleanup as well. If you are looking for a new RV you need to consider Highland Ridge Open Range Brand. We highly recommend them.
- Greg keef, Alabama

2019-07-16 2018 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 374BHS View Listings

Build quality is awfull. Most RVs are built cheap but HR is a new low. 3 pages of warrant before we took delivery. Now 18 months later we have side wall delamination due to a 3/8 section they didnt seal from factory. Their response is it's not our responsibility past 6 months. They don't respond to emails or phone calls buyer beware looking T 10,000$ repair on a 2018 5th wheel. Our family loves the layout but not worth the head aches.
- Chris, Ontario

2019-07-12 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 318RLS View Listings

We have stayed in and owned a number of trailers over 30 years and by far this has been the best one. The build quality, layout, function and ease of use is awesome especially since we changed the hitch to the Anderson lightweight goose neck, so light, quiet and easy to use and pack away. Back the Open Range 318RLS, we love the space with the big slide outs extended, large high shower cubicle, great TV location, tons of storage, airy and bright open window views, awesome kitchen design layout and all round quality cabinet construction. I tow this unit with my 2015 F150 V6 Platinum ecoboost with ease, no sway and my truck powers it up hills and down effortlessly. I think I have the perfect light weight combination which includes actual 90 degree turns without the trailer touching the truck cab, I can get this thing in anywhere with ease. My wife and I hope to enjoy our camping for many more years, our next adventure is our 2019 5 week 8,000 east to west coast trip through 21 states this summer. We Highly recommend this model 5th wheel for a couple with the option of the occasional guests using the sleeper sofa and auto inflating air bed. We Really can't express in words how pleased we are with our 5th wheel.
- Stephen Briddon, Florida