Highland Ridge RV RVs Reviews (48)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Tom from Indiana says:

Have you owned any Highland Ridge RV RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Highland Ridge RV Light 274RLS View Listings

Very good company. Support and warranty are the best. Floor plan is spacious and quality construction is evident. I have owned other RV's and this unit is right up there with the best. Since I live close to the factory I took it back there for replacement of a Fantastic fan replacement. They replaced it as well as a couple of other small items I wasn't even aware of that needed attention. All under warranty. No hassle.
- Tom, Indiana

2019-12-03 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 370RBS View Listings

You would be better served if you bought a RV unit/ product from a different manufacturer. My experience with this manufacturer and this unit started with kinked hoses to the washer/dryer assembly, sensors to the tanks that were not installed, an awning that stopped working would not retract, door rivets popping out, and incompatible rivets on the bumper not allowing the sewer hose to be stowed as advertised to just name a few of the problems. The thing that is so puzzling is that supposedly this was quality checked before being released to be sold. The furnace was another issue entirely that is seemingly ongoing. I am being told because of the design or placement by sources outside of the company. The company management essentially told me that it what it is and while they will cover it until the warranty runs out (a year) and then I am essentially on my own. THE CAVEAT TO THIS IS THAT IT IS/WAS A BRAND NEW TRAILER, NEVER OWNED, SOLD AS NEW, TRAILER. I, of course, have had additional problems after the warranty lapsed... more furnace issues, and more sensor issues. This company doesn't care about its product or customers. As, I was talking to management about the issues and trying to get help to no avail, I mentioned that I was going to put a Lemon sticker all over the trailer and was told that it was my prerogative. I essentially took that as they don't care, as should you. I would not recommend this company/product to my worst enemy.
- Elton Pettaway , Nevada

2019-11-14 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range LF291RLS View Listings

Great floor plan. All warranty items were minor and repaired by Palm RV in Ft. Myers Beach FL. Highly recommend them, and I didn't buy the unit from them.The coach pulls like a drean. I love the whisper quiet AC. Things I dislike, the cabinets, while they look good, the sides are cheap. Probably to keep the coach light. The small step by the bed. Mattress is terrible but easy replacement. Only one switch to turn on all the main lights. Many will disagree, but I hate the friction hinge door. Also I should have gotten a 2nd AC unit.
- Dan, Illinois

2019-11-11 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

If I had known what a piece of crap this trailer is I would have never bought it! Do yourself a favor and don't buy! Now I am stuck with this P.O.S. I have had water leaks even though its brand new 2020. Now the heater has crapped out. And the warranty is just enough to get it off the lot. Save your time buy a different brand!
- Joel Chaney, Oregon

2019-10-04 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 349RLS View Listings

Have owned a 2017 349RLS 3X for 3 years. The very wide slides make the living area the widest/largest by far. The residential refrigerator is great. Ice maker and water dispenser are great too. Residential shower is great. The factory support is beyond what my salesperson said would happen when I brought in for a repair. Some slide coverings underneath were peeling. A few other items and Highland Ridge approved the repairs instantly. What is not as great - 3 20lb propane tanks - kind of a strange setup, but no doubt easier to handle 20lb tanks. The tires they put on these RV's is very annoying because they are not meant for much use. Oh, and on the living room slides you get the same large windows on each slide, including a large window on the back. I have used this RV down to single digits with ease - all things enclosed. And, I have owned a travel trailer and another fifth wheel, and this one came from the factory with the spray (forget the name of this stuff) around the underneath to ensure all little nooks and cranny's were sealed to further keep the RV insulated, and critters out. I like the electronic door opener too. 80 or 88 gal water tank is nice, but I don't dry camp much, but helps in that I don't use city water connection. I prefer to fillup and use the pump system. Another curious things is why it didn't come with a screen door or screen on the door?? It has a coat hanger on it so I use that to cover the window. No carpet save the bedroom is really nice too - i.e. we have dogs so easier to keep vinyl floor clean. Sunshade and privacy window coverings nice too - just pull one or both down.
- Steven Berley, Oregon

2019-09-25 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 375RDS View Listings

Highland Ridge refuses to stand by their craftsmanship. Our upper kitchen cabinets fell off the wall at 1year 2 weeks, repair was denied due to being 2 weeks past one year craftmanship warranty. At 1 year 9 months our floor separated from dining slide out. Highland Ridge denied repair because this did not fall under the three year structural warranty. The service center stated the floor was not properly secured to to slide out during manufacturing, Highland Ridge denied repair and this is not covered by the extended warranty. Do not trust their craftmanship and their ability to stand by their product.
- Dawn Dias, Texas

2019-09-25 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite UL2802BH View Listings

everything was good and easy to fill out. i would recommend this site to other people i know as well. i dont seem to get any updates though for some reason. But besides that it is all good. I dont like to have to fill in surveys either as i really dont have time for this type of thing
- jeff houghton, Texas

2019-09-24 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

I was( my mother in law 77 years old) sold a 2017 back in 2018, it was sold as a new rv with a factory list price of $62k When there was a defective issue, the warranty company stated it was in the previous owners name? And was not transferable! Lazy days sold a used rv as a new on and I ( my guest) was scared by this company, who will not stand behind there product or make lazy days cover the defects. I am now writing to bbb and the flordia state attorneys office for deceptive sales of this unit. Don’t be the next victim of this company!!! Any questions feel free to call me at 305-797-5184. Thank for reading this, don’t trust them!!
- Linda fay, Florida

2019-08-29 2017 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 371MBH View Listings

It is the perfect fifth wheel for families. It has a private room for children to hang out in and so much space for everyone! I also love the bathroom that comes with a full size shower with a door so the floor doesn't get soaked with kids!
- D. Rickman, Kentucky

2019-08-16 2014 Highland Ridge RV Open Range LT308BHS View Listings

WORST CAMPER EVER!!! We have owned our new since 2014. We can not camp because it is constantly experiencing a defect or breakdown. We have replaced all three slide switches at least two times each. I tell everyone I know about how awful the quality is. Thankful I bought the extended warranty because I have used it every year except 2016, while it was in storage for a year. I wish I understood lemon laws better. Our dealership was no help. I'm paying for a camper that we cant use because normal use causes the slide switches break. In order to get to the manuel crank you have to tear out the decorative trim and the ceiling. How does that even make sense? So that would mean damaging the structure of the camper to bring the slides in manually. So instead of one repair bill I have two. Dawn
- dawnmarievm, Iowa

2019-08-04 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 3X349RLS View Listings

I have really liked owning the Open Range 5th Wheel. It feels like home. We have theater seating, with a 50 inch T.V. We also have a king bed. Lots of windows, with an island has made my wife happy.
- Dave Birkhahn, California

2019-07-31 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

After extensive research and visiting dozens of dealers we Purchased our 2018 272RLS .From the moment we walked in we fell in love. This was one of the first RV’s we had looked and and nothing else measured up. We had one minor warranty issue with the fireplace needing to be replaced . The service department at The dealership took care of it in a timely fashion. The quality and pride that goes into this unit shows everywhere. The level slides with no carpet in the living room area is a big plus when it comes to cleanup as well. If you are looking for a new RV you need to consider Highland Ridge Open Range Brand. We highly recommend them.
- Greg keef, Alabama

2019-07-16 2018 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 374BHS View Listings

Build quality is awfull. Most RVs are built cheap but HR is a new low. 3 pages of warrant before we took delivery. Now 18 months later we have side wall delamination due to a 3/8 section they didnt seal from factory. Their response is it's not our responsibility past 6 months. They don't respond to emails or phone calls buyer beware looking T 10,000$ repair on a 2018 5th wheel. Our family loves the layout but not worth the head aches.
- Chris, Ontario

2019-07-12 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 318RLS View Listings

We have stayed in and owned a number of trailers over 30 years and by far this has been the best one. The build quality, layout, function and ease of use is awesome especially since we changed the hitch to the Anderson lightweight goose neck, so light, quiet and easy to use and pack away. Back the Open Range 318RLS, we love the space with the big slide outs extended, large high shower cubicle, great TV location, tons of storage, airy and bright open window views, awesome kitchen design layout and all round quality cabinet construction. I tow this unit with my 2015 F150 V6 Platinum ecoboost with ease, no sway and my truck powers it up hills and down effortlessly. I think I have the perfect light weight combination which includes actual 90 degree turns without the trailer touching the truck cab, I can get this thing in anywhere with ease. My wife and I hope to enjoy our camping for many more years, our next adventure is our 2019 5 week 8,000 east to west coast trip through 21 states this summer. We Highly recommend this model 5th wheel for a couple with the option of the occasional guests using the sleeper sofa and auto inflating air bed. We Really can't express in words how pleased we are with our 5th wheel.
- Stephen Briddon, Florida

2019-05-04 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 374BHS View Listings

This is a very family friendly RV. Great layout, and plenty of room! Outdoor kitchen is very useful. Plenty of storage. Sleeps 8 easily. Lots of counter space in kitchen. King size bed in master. 1.5 baths.
- Jamie P, Florida

2019-04-22 2013 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 318RLS View Listings

Very easy to tow. I never though I would like a fifth wheel but I saw this one, loved the inside space and convinence, easy chairs and over all comfort. I don't know why I didn't buy a fifth wheel long ago.
- Larry, Michigan

2019-04-20 2009 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 335BHS View Listings

This rv has performed awesome. The ac unit always keeps up and it pulls like a dream. The flush option for the holding tanks allows for a thorough cleaning when packing up. There is ample storage space. I like the design and the thought process behind it.
- Robert J Shaw, Wisconsin

2019-04-12 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

Terrible experience with company getting parts. Takes forever for them to respond. Had for a year with two recalls and another issue with facet. Customer service gives you the run around and not very helpful.
- Angie , Illinois

2019-02-27 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 397FBS View Listings

This has been one of the best RV’s I have owned, or have seen. The quality of the inside is extraordinary for the price, reinforced roof, insulation, led lighting, spacious and so perfectly functional for camping or living. We have owned this for going on 2 years now, the furniture, interior, and exterior is holding up extremely well. And the convenience of the automatic leveling system, and self retracting awning when the wind gets too rough. This 5th wheel has been just what me and my fiancé needed, and toes so perfectly.
- Kevin S., Florida

2019-02-04 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 427BHS View Listings

The open range 3x427bhs is a quality built Rv. The large appliances and living area make you feel like home.the added features you get such as the windows and shades are great. This model is very easy to tow and very easy to set up with the automatic leveling system .the quail it's is great and the customer service and warranty department are excellent as well . I would recommend this highland ridge open range Rv to anyone looking for a great 5th wheel. This is livery without the big price tag.
- Mitchell crawford, South Carolina

2019-01-19 2018 Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

First travel trailer I've owned, but quality-wise it's definitely a notch above most I've seen or heard about. Escape tends to constantly tweak the design and features based on buyer input, which is mostly good but does mean most trailers have a couple areas that aren't well-tested. I've had two problems in over a year of ownership (and ~7 months of active full-time use). One of the bolts in the stairs shook loose, which there's not much excuse for since it's all steel and hard to damage via over-torqueing. That I just fixed myself, with nylock nuts to avoid a repeat. The LEDs they switched to for 2017 also seem to burn out frequently - I think they used a different type in subsequent years. Insulation is decent - it's good down to at least 5F and probably as low as 0F. The layout for the most part makes excellent use of space. There's a couple of walled-off spots in the front corners and around the wheels that could add a tiny bit more storage, though. The trailer is fairly light for the size, and unlike a lot of manufacturers, the actual unloaded weight seems to be within 100lbs or so of the factory rated dry weight. There are a few compromises for the sake of weight, though. The most noticeable is that the dinette cushions are a bit thin (probably 3" vs 4" on some I've seen) and tend to wear out after a few months straight of heavy use. No major issues with construction. Zero leaks. No playing "where did this screw come from" after driving on a bumpy road. No staples or screws coming loose or falling out.
- Elliott, California

2019-01-17 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

Outstanding rv had no problems when camping. Built very solid and with stabilizing jacks down there is not a lot of movement. Air conditioning and heating work very well. My overall experience with this trailer has been outstanding.
- Rob, Alabama

2019-01-13 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

under body with rips and tears, tape over some tears coming loose ,,no insultion in one spot of tear,had to put some home insulation in spot,now need to get some tape to cover tears,.,.one tear above wheel,would get filled with water from driving in rain,found all this while rolling under unit on creeper just to look around trailer.
- gary eck, Michigan

2019-01-08 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

I owned and traded this unit to [dealer] OKC and should you like/want a true evaluation of it, you can contact me at this email address... jamesbibbee54@hotmail.com. Sincerely!! You owe it to yourself.
- James, Oklahoma

Verified Owner

2019-01-02 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

We purchased this "gently used" travel trailer new in late 2017. We have used it for (4) regional trips in Texas. I have owned (3) previous RVs in the past - (1) motorhome and (2) fifth wheels, but this unit is the first one that I have owned that has not required any warranty service or some kind of repair after the first one or two outings. It has never been subjected to RV repair or service. All equipment and systems are fully functional. In addition, it has never sustained any storm or collision damage - and is still in a "like new" condition. The HVAC is superior in function and both A/Cs are fully ducted. It tows and tracks perfectly with the Equalizer hitch that is also included. I regret that I am selling this great travel trailer due to health concerns that prevent me from fully utilizing it.
- Gilbert D. Cornwell, Texas