Highland Ridge RV RVs Reviews (40)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Tom from Indiana says:

Have you owned any Highland Ridge RV RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Highland Ridge RV Light 274RLS View Listings

Very good company. Support and warranty are the best. Floor plan is spacious and quality construction is evident. I have owned other RV's and this unit is right up there with the best. Since I live close to the factory I took it back there for replacement of a Fantastic fan replacement. They replaced it as well as a couple of other small items I wasn't even aware of that needed attention. All under warranty. No hassle.
- Tom, Indiana

2019-08-16 2014 Highland Ridge RV Open Range LT308BHS View Listings

WORST CAMPER EVER!!! We have owned our new since 2014. We can not camp because it is constantly experiencing a defect or breakdown. We have replaced all three slide switches at least two times each. I tell everyone I know about how awful the quality is. Thankful I bought the extended warranty because I have used it every year except 2016, while it was in storage for a year. I wish I understood lemon laws better. Our dealership was no help. I'm paying for a camper that we cant use because normal use causes the slide switches break. In order to get to the manuel crank you have to tear out the decorative trim and the ceiling. How does that even make sense? So that would mean damaging the structure of the camper to bring the slides in manually. So instead of one repair bill I have two. Dawn
- dawnmarievm@gmail.com, Iowa

2019-08-04 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 3X349RLS View Listings

I have really liked owning the Open Range 5th Wheel. It feels like home. We have theater seating, with a 50 inch T.V. We also have a king bed. Lots of windows, with an island has made my wife happy.
- Dave Birkhahn, California

2019-07-31 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

After extensive research and visiting dozens of dealers we Purchased our 2018 272RLS .From the moment we walked in we fell in love. This was one of the first RV’s we had looked and and nothing else measured up. We had one minor warranty issue with the fireplace needing to be replaced . The service department at The dealership took care of it in a timely fashion. The quality and pride that goes into this unit shows everywhere. The level slides with no carpet in the living room area is a big plus when it comes to cleanup as well. If you are looking for a new RV you need to consider Highland Ridge Open Range Brand. We highly recommend them.
- Greg keef, Alabama

2019-07-16 2018 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 374BHS View Listings

Build quality is awfull. Most RVs are built cheap but HR is a new low. 3 pages of warrant before we took delivery. Now 18 months later we have side wall delamination due to a 3/8 section they didnt seal from factory. Their response is it's not our responsibility past 6 months. They don't respond to emails or phone calls buyer beware looking T 10,000$ repair on a 2018 5th wheel. Our family loves the layout but not worth the head aches.
- Chris, Ontario

2019-07-12 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 318RLS View Listings

We have stayed in and owned a number of trailers over 30 years and by far this has been the best one. The build quality, layout, function and ease of use is awesome especially since we changed the hitch to the Anderson lightweight goose neck, so light, quiet and easy to use and pack away. Back the Open Range 318RLS, we love the space with the big slide outs extended, large high shower cubicle, great TV location, tons of storage, airy and bright open window views, awesome kitchen design layout and all round quality cabinet construction. I tow this unit with my 2015 F150 V6 Platinum ecoboost with ease, no sway and my truck powers it up hills and down effortlessly. I think I have the perfect light weight combination which includes actual 90 degree turns without the trailer touching the truck cab, I can get this thing in anywhere with ease. My wife and I hope to enjoy our camping for many more years, our next adventure is our 2019 5 week 8,000 east to west coast trip through 21 states this summer. We Highly recommend this model 5th wheel for a couple with the option of the occasional guests using the sleeper sofa and auto inflating air bed. We Really can't express in words how pleased we are with our 5th wheel.
- Stephen Briddon, Florida

2019-05-04 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 374BHS View Listings

This is a very family friendly RV. Great layout, and plenty of room! Outdoor kitchen is very useful. Plenty of storage. Sleeps 8 easily. Lots of counter space in kitchen. King size bed in master. 1.5 baths.
- Jamie P, Florida

2019-04-22 2013 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 318RLS View Listings

Very easy to tow. I never though I would like a fifth wheel but I saw this one, loved the inside space and convinence, easy chairs and over all comfort. I don't know why I didn't buy a fifth wheel long ago.
- Larry, Michigan

2019-04-20 2009 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 335BHS View Listings

This rv has performed awesome. The ac unit always keeps up and it pulls like a dream. The flush option for the holding tanks allows for a thorough cleaning when packing up. There is ample storage space. I like the design and the thought process behind it.
- Robert J Shaw, Wisconsin

2019-04-12 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

Terrible experience with company getting parts. Takes forever for them to respond. Had for a year with two recalls and another issue with facet. Customer service gives you the run around and not very helpful.
- Angie , Illinois

2019-02-27 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 397FBS View Listings

This has been one of the best RV’s I have owned, or have seen. The quality of the inside is extraordinary for the price, reinforced roof, insulation, led lighting, spacious and so perfectly functional for camping or living. We have owned this for going on 2 years now, the furniture, interior, and exterior is holding up extremely well. And the convenience of the automatic leveling system, and self retracting awning when the wind gets too rough. This 5th wheel has been just what me and my fiancé needed, and toes so perfectly.
- Kevin S., Florida

2019-02-04 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 427BHS View Listings

The open range 3x427bhs is a quality built Rv. The large appliances and living area make you feel like home.the added features you get such as the windows and shades are great. This model is very easy to tow and very easy to set up with the automatic leveling system .the quail it's is great and the customer service and warranty department are excellent as well . I would recommend this highland ridge open range Rv to anyone looking for a great 5th wheel. This is livery without the big price tag.
- Mitchell crawford, South Carolina

2019-01-19 2018 Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

First travel trailer I've owned, but quality-wise it's definitely a notch above most I've seen or heard about. Escape tends to constantly tweak the design and features based on buyer input, which is mostly good but does mean most trailers have a couple areas that aren't well-tested. I've had two problems in over a year of ownership (and ~7 months of active full-time use). One of the bolts in the stairs shook loose, which there's not much excuse for since it's all steel and hard to damage via over-torqueing. That I just fixed myself, with nylock nuts to avoid a repeat. The LEDs they switched to for 2017 also seem to burn out frequently - I think they used a different type in subsequent years. Insulation is decent - it's good down to at least 5F and probably as low as 0F. The layout for the most part makes excellent use of space. There's a couple of walled-off spots in the front corners and around the wheels that could add a tiny bit more storage, though. The trailer is fairly light for the size, and unlike a lot of manufacturers, the actual unloaded weight seems to be within 100lbs or so of the factory rated dry weight. There are a few compromises for the sake of weight, though. The most noticeable is that the dinette cushions are a bit thin (probably 3" vs 4" on some I've seen) and tend to wear out after a few months straight of heavy use. No major issues with construction. Zero leaks. No playing "where did this screw come from" after driving on a bumpy road. No staples or screws coming loose or falling out.
- Elliott, California

2019-01-17 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

Outstanding rv had no problems when camping. Built very solid and with stabilizing jacks down there is not a lot of movement. Air conditioning and heating work very well. My overall experience with this trailer has been outstanding.
- Rob, Alabama

2019-01-13 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

under body with rips and tears, tape over some tears coming loose ,,no insultion in one spot of tear,had to put some home insulation in spot,now need to get some tape to cover tears,.,.one tear above wheel,would get filled with water from driving in rain,found all this while rolling under unit on creeper just to look around trailer.
- gary eck, Michigan

2019-01-08 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

I owned and traded this unit to [dealer] OKC and should you like/want a true evaluation of it, you can contact me at this email address... jamesbibbee54@hotmail.com. Sincerely!! You owe it to yourself.
- James, Oklahoma

Verified Owner

2019-01-02 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

We purchased this "gently used" travel trailer new in late 2017. We have used it for (4) regional trips in Texas. I have owned (3) previous RVs in the past - (1) motorhome and (2) fifth wheels, but this unit is the first one that I have owned that has not required any warranty service or some kind of repair after the first one or two outings. It has never been subjected to RV repair or service. All equipment and systems are fully functional. In addition, it has never sustained any storm or collision damage - and is still in a "like new" condition. The HVAC is superior in function and both A/Cs are fully ducted. It tows and tracks perfectly with the Equalizer hitch that is also included. I regret that I am selling this great travel trailer due to health concerns that prevent me from fully utilizing it.
- Gilbert D. Cornwell, Texas

2018-12-10 2018 Highland Ridge RV Ultra Lite 2804RK View Listings

4 Seasons couples travel trailer and perfect for retirees ...... well thought out floor plan and easily towed with half-ton pickup .... outstanding quality and has never been returned to Dealer for warranty work after one years' service ......
- G. D. Cornwell, Texas

2018-12-05 2016 Highland Ridge RV Light 216 RBS View Listings

Great four seasons coach. Excellent build quality. Very spacious rear bathroom. Lots of interior storage. Comfortable living area and bedroom. Well appointed kitchen with plenty of counter space and storage.
- Anthony , Georgia

2018-11-18 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 293rls View Listings

Have owned this camper for just over two years and I have been very pleased with it. Problems have been few but have been repaired by Highland Ridge. It came with a King bed which was absolutely impossible to get around, etc. Worked with RV dealer to change to a queen and that made such a difference! Made the bedroom perfect! Be careful with the awnings...put them out slowly and check to make sure both sides of each awning are coming out. Have had to replace one awning. Again, Highland Ridge has been responsive in dealing with problems. LED lights recalled and replaced. Also this RV is so easy to pull, you forget it is behind your truck. I really love the outside area. Sitting under the awning and watching TV or sitting by a small fire is perfect. The outside small refrig is great to grab a drink when you are on the road or you are sitting outside. Another perk is that you can use the bathroom when you are on the road and the slides are in.... really nice feature of the model. Highly recommend.
- Alabama Wadsworth, Alabama

2018-11-17 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2410RL View Listings

I have used this trailer for 2 months in Montana, the floor plan is nice, the fit and finish not very good at all, and the fresh water system is very poor and simply does not work 50 gallons of fresh water rapidly becomes less than thirty as water continually syphons from the tank while remedies exist for this poorly designed system their customer service refuses to address the issue which is a very serious flaw for anyone intending to use a travel trailer. Kitchen cabinets fall apart, the counter tops are poorly finished mdf board which swells and delaminates when exposed to water. The entry door striker was installed wrong so the door is very difficult to close. While all of these problems can be fixed, the customer service at Highland Ridge is unwilling to do anything about them so much for a "warranty" on a New Unit
- Bruce A Lawrenz, Arizona

2018-11-15 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 314RLS View Listings

Bought in August 2018, now in November the electrical mother board on the furnace went out and when my repair guy was fixing that he discovered 2 water leaks ... the bottom of the trailer is flooded ... we are currently working in Wyoming and can’t get the camper to the Rv dealership in Oklahoma City ....the furnace is extremely hard to get to , needs access from the outside.... on a good note, the floor plan is great !!!
- Shirley Hamrick, Oklahoma

2018-08-24 2014 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 288FLR View Listings

Highway towing on a windy day with this trailer is a nightmare. Maximum towing speed is about 45 mph, any faster, then trailer sway starts. Electric corner jacks are noisy and slow. Slide outs are very noisy also. Discovered that the manufacturer mislabeled 2 electrical breakers that could have caused me to get electricuted. The trim on the kitchen slide out pulled off due to being poorly attached. The front window on the trailer developed a leak after only 2 years. Both entry doors are poorly fitted. The wooden cabinets look attractive, but are of poor construction, as 1 supprt jack had pulled out of the pressed wood. I would not recommend this manufacturer or model
- Dan Woelke, Alberta

2018-08-23 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We recently purchased a brand new Highlander 5th wheel toy hauler. I am thoroughly disappointed in the quality and the warranty/customer service from Highland. Our first trips days after buying was disappointing due to the craftsmanship of this 5th wheel. The couch recliners were missing the actual handles to recline the chairs. The massage/heating heats didn’t work. What is worse is Highlander only uses 3 threaded screws for their canopies. If you look at other campers with canopies they all at a minimum installed with more than 5-6 screws that have a backing board for reinforcement. The simple jarring movement of moving the camper loosens those 3 thread screws. Due to this poor installation our back canopy came off and flew back breaking several things on our roof that now all need replaced. We contacted Highland to stand behind the claims of quality and were flat out denied and when we have called twice to speak to someone about their denial they have asked us for our claim number, put us on hold and then send us to voicemail after holding for 5-10 min. Don’t buy a Highland RV. It is horrible quality and even worse customer service.
- Keir Hoppe, Colorado

2018-07-04 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 323RLS View Listings

Purchasing our new RV trailer from Affinity RV in Prescott Valley, AZ. was a great experience. The folks I worked with couldn't have been more patient and polite. With their help, we ended up with the perfect RV that exactly fit our needs. I would highly recommend Affinity RV to anyone looking for an RV to buy or to get parts and service. Bill N.
- Pastor Bill Nadeau, Arizona