Highland Ridge RV Reviews on RV Insider (90)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Tom from Indiana says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2016 Highland Ridge RV Light 274RLS View Listings

Very good company. Support and warranty are the best. Floor plan is spacious and quality construction is evident. I have owned other RV's and this unit is right up there with the best. Since I live close to the factory I took it back there for replacement of a Fantastic fan replacement. They replaced it as well as a couple of other small items I wasn't even aware of that needed attention. All under warranty. No hassle.
- Tom, Indiana

2020-11-27 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite UT2102RB View Listings

Easily towable with 5.3 silverado. Enough room inside for us, the kid, and dog. Overall quality seems sturdy through the first year of ownership. Its been vert easy to maintain and enjoy this unit.
- Brent lyons, Florida

2020-11-23 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light LF318RLS View Listings

The Open Range brand is equal to a cadillac as far as quality and upgrades from the factory, it can be towed by a half ton truck with no problem, very spacious interior, well designed kitchen, three TV's one outside, great awning size
- Robert Saunders, Florida

2020-11-14 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 31108H View Listings

Great home away from home! I used this often on for three years. And everything has been wonderful works great, I love the bathtub! And the outdoor kitchen! Lightweight easy to pull! You will love it! That’s your entry doors are very convenient! And lots of sleeping space for the whole family!
- Linnea, California

2020-11-14 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light LF295BHS View Listings

“Defect in material and workmanship”, I have a unit I purchased new in January 2019, my slide seals have already gone bad (deteriorated) and while checking them I find a crack going up from the corner of the rear bedroom slide out cut, heading towards the roof. The RV Dealer I purchased the unit from says its not a cosmetic issue. When Highland Ridge “Jayco” was contacted, they say it’s a cosmetic issue and won’t offer any type of repair.
- David Harris, California

2020-10-30 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

My wife and I bought our Highlander May of 2019 brand new. We have been full timing in it since that date. We are at a stationary location at the moment but we also still do our traveling camp trips with it. We have taken it out at least a dozen times including a trek to the Oregon coast. So I'd estimate we have at least 5k miles on it so far. All of the other reviews for this coach are quite negative. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this coach. In the last year and a half I've had typical issues such as the heated seats quit working (Thomas Payne theater seats), not a Highland Ridge craftsmanship. Our blend valve (LCI component) for the water heater bypass failed last October in a freeze, yet again not craftsmanship. Spring of 2020 our furnace (Dometic/Atwood) quit working and being that it was during our winter thaw I didn't bother with it till this week. Wait, once again not craftsmanship. Turns out it was the sail switch. With that being said about the furnace We had single digit temperatures the week prior to changing my sail switch. Yes, it was chilly in the mornings but with electric heaters in the living room and garage it wasn't as bad as people would think. But to my point with no skirting at the time of the single digit temps and no heater to heat the underbelly, we still did not freeze within our coach. We do have heated hoses but that was it at the time. So with all of that being said, we absolutely love our coach and have had no craftsmanship issues what-so-ever. Oh last summer we also had issues with the fans for our fridge (Norcold) oh guess what another none craftsmanship issue. People complain about not being able to get around the bed, that is how almost all king bed models are designed regardless of who made the coach. We originally bought a king model because the queen we looked at sold the same day we came to put a deposit on it. Ours is now a queen model though. My biggest complaint is the same as any other full time coach owner and that is that the craftsmanship when it comes to the wiring and water lines behind the pass through (basement) it is an absolute rats nest. So in reality please people don't just consider a toy hauler such as Momentum, Voltage, or Seismic. Yes, I just listed what society considers to be three of the nicest toy haulers. Remember who owns Highland Ridge is the same company that builds Seismic. What you all have to realize and come to terms with is do you want a $65k or $85k toy hauler that have the same internals just different craftsmanship. Remember my Highlander has the exact same components as the higher dollar value toy haulers. No, I may not have the fancy above cabinet accent lighting, the lighted stove knobs, or tv's included in the garage or bedroom but in reality we haven't missed any of those superficial things. I have installed smart tv's throughout our coach and besides that the Furrion tv that comes with these coaches is a POS anyways. Yes, GD has supposedly exceptional customer service at the factory, but unless you have a serious structural issue how often are you going to deal with them? I hope that this review shines some light for some new comers to the RV market. It is a hard decision with so many choices. I can be found on social media or possibly contact through here for additional questions. Also regarding another review I just remembered about stickers cracking and peeling ours has been in the Utah heat and we have no sticker issues. In closing neither me nor my wife are in any way shape or form associated with Highland Ridge or any of its subsidiary's, such as Open Range, Jayco, or Thor by any means. We are just a family that want to enjoy life and travel at the start of 2021!
- Nate Lobato, Utah

2020-10-25 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

We’ve had our Roamer 5 years,and have been full time living in it on the road for the past 2 years. Not one major problem,and the problems we did have was under warranty and taken care of expediently every time, no questions asked. We put a road Road Master on our truck and it pulls like a dream. We have a Ford F-150 4 4 with 5.4 liter engine. RV is 38 ft. Long w/3 slide outs, 2 ac units. We’re looking into trading in and yes it will be another Roamer and anyone looking to own an RV should look into them closely... you will not look any further!
- Dina Butler, Texas

2020-10-22 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 371MBH View Listings

This review is towards the customer service at Highland Ridge. My unit has had to be repaired at the headquarters in Indiana and the service department went out of their way and went overboard in the repairing of our unit. i mentioned a few items that I knew needed repair but they found other things that could be repaired as well. Things I didn't even know about. They just did things without even telling me, just things that I am still finding that they did that was not expected. Our experience with the repair facility is what makes us looking to own another Highland Ridge product.
- Joshua Merwin, Texas

2020-10-10 2018 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350 View Listings

Had our new toy hauler for 18 months. Decals all faded and some peeling off. Bottom side molding all pulled away from coach needed repair. Molding fell off inside repaired myself. Hydraulic levelers would not work on first trip had to manually retract one with ratchet. Read online what issue could be repaired myself. Doors would not close and had to reattach door jams. Everything was built by incompetent workers. I have done most repairs as hauling coach 25 miles for repairs then driving home then back is not feasible. My first 36 ft. 5th wheel was 18 years old. I have had more issues with this coach in 18 months than the other in 18 years. Was told the decals on the front which were silver are now faded to almost black were out of warranty after a year. Find something else to buy. Highland ridge not so good.
- James Towne, California

2020-10-07 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 291RLS View Listings

If I could give this camper a -100 I would. In May of 2018, I purchased the above-captioned travel trailer from Butler RV in Butler, PA. My family was thrilled to buy this gorgeous trailer. However, that was short-lived. Shortly after our first trip out, we noticed water leakage around the tip out near the stove. Then came the issue with the frame starting to rust. Then in 2019, the Power Tongue Jack needed to be replaced. This past week we traveled to Virginia to experience water leakage above the dining table, the black seal around the dinette tip out to dangle while being pulled, the air conditioning unit not working correctly, the refrigerator leaking water onto the floor and now the roof is higher on one part causing water to drain down the side of the camper and not through the gutter, outdoor speaker wires are loose, the panel door next to the couch was not attached. Not to mention screws coming out of the floor that hold the couch. We previously owned a Forest River Flagstaff camper and never had one issue until we had the camper for 12 years. When you pay $33,081.05 for a BRAND NEW RV, you expect that it to have better quality than a pre-owned vehicle. We also purchased the extended warranty for this RV. Very poor craftsmanship. This camper is a lemon! I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB regarding this product.
- Les Pemberton, Pennsylvania

2020-10-03 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 374BHS View Listings

I kept this RV parked in one spot For two years and loved everything about it . The size of the MBR was amazing along with the full bath. Having an additional half bath was awesome . The kitchen area had a great layout with a gorgeous island . The seating area was expansive a s allowed several combinations for seating and tables . The bunkhouse was plenty of room for my grandkids and had some neat features such as USB power ports . Easy to live in and plenty of room with huge storage spaces underneath .
- Lena Warner, South Carolina

2020-09-26 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Ultra Lite 2410RL View Listings

I purchased this RV new and I feel I have a responsibility to let people know my experience. Floor plan is ok, but look deeper. The construction is very bad. The RV is user unfriendly in terms of water valves locations (crawl into a storage compartment and pull out a drawer to try reaching valves.) Black water release valves stubborn and two separate waste discharge systems are needed. The first year I had the RV was a lost summer as RV was unusable with stuck waste valves and faulty electrical and unable to get dealer assistance for several weeks. RV in the shop for 2.5 months. The user Manuel is fully inadequate. Does not diagram accurately or provide coherent instruction. I owe it to purchasers to check these items for themselves before purchase. I do not recommend this RV.
- Dan Martin, Alberta

2020-09-22 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 347RES View Listings

very spacious and comfortable A fireplace for cold mornings Air conditioning if its too hot Great Awning with lights for sitting around in the evening Plenty of cupboard and closet space. Easy maintenance and easy to tow
- diana, California

2020-09-19 2017 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 347RES View Listings

In august 2017 we became (at the time) proud new owners of our new fifth wheel. This was our dream, to own a fifth wheel and travel around the country. I wish I new then what I know now. I would never and will never consider buying a Highland Ridge RV of any kind. They build absolute JUNK!!!!!! We have had more water leaks than should happen. First the bedroom slide. Now the slide that has the dinette and recliners on it. The big one though is the roof. The air conditioner was not properly installed or supported on the interior. We have been trying to get it fixed for 2 years and now it has started to ruin the roof. The trailer is now out of warranty. Highland Ridge (jayco) have done nothing to help us out. We had to fight tooth and nail to even get them to pay to try and have it fixed. I read that they now have a 3 year warranty on their RV's. People think this is great. DO NOT BE FOOLED. They are only offering this because you will have your RV in the shop more than you will get to use it. I have a new goal in life. To discredit Highland Ridge (jayco) every way and chance i get.
- Robert Dobson, Pennsylvania

2020-09-13 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

Well the kitchen is great big stove and a big combo fridge. The bedroom yo can’t walk on both sides of the bed and I have it slid as far over so I can use one side. The bath is a corner one and it is cracking down both sides. Toy hauler is nice and I have problems with the doors and a dump valve, .
- Richard Mabie, Pennsylvania

2020-09-08 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 337RLS View Listings

Warranty isnt good ours is just falling apart every where not worth buying cheaply made and over priced our ac units went out after only having it a month our slide is falling apart whenever we had warranty work done they kept it for weeks dont buy one there junk
- Charles , Oklahoma

2020-08-28 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light 216RBS View Listings

I bought this 216RBS new in Huntsville, AL, at the time, I had researched extensively for a small but spacious trailer, especially the bathroom and shower...Im 6'3" and need some room. The bathroom was huge in this particular trailer and with two opposing slides in the living area it made the trailer seem huge inside too for its size. The quality and construction were ok, better than most I would say. 2017 was the last production year of the 100" wide body trailers, after that, Jayco bought Highland Ridge based on my research and everything got a few inches narrower. There are two gripes I have with this particular trailer, first, while the bed is a true queen, its a tight fit, wish they had added a foot or so to the length and gave me some room at the foot of the bed. The second gripe I've already fixed, the "L-Shaped Lounge" in the living room slide-out was just a really dumb idea, it was incredibly uncomfortable, the bed was useless and it just did not make sense in that small of a trailer. I removed it and replaced it with powered, heated, massage electric reclining theater seating, about $1000, but, well worth it. I also got some nice "barrel style" stools for the center island to use as a bar for eating, a much more usable design now. Overall, I'm happy with my Open Range Light 216RBS, it was constructed very much like the 5th Wheels of this vintage, I'm kind of sad that this building concept was not continued, some people actually do want a small very high quality travel trailer and they are not built like this anymore. Had Highland Ridge continued building trailers like this, with 5th wheel-like construction one can only imagine where the quality and amenities could have gone. I for one am willing to pay for quality, Im just not willing to pay for Airstream quality, their largest trailer seems small to me in comparison. Listen up RV manufacturers.
- Anthony Cooper, Alabama

2020-08-21 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

Never buy from a company that will not stand behind their product. Cabinets falling apart just after 3 years. Poor quality, never will I buy an RV from Jayco Open Range again. Grand Design is the way to go.
- Derek Snider, North Carolina

2020-08-10 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

We just bought this 5th wheel use. Great floor plan and quality materials where used. But after using it I found the craftsmanship and quality control are really horrible. I have found many miner problems that were put together that way from the factory. One major problem is with the large dining slide out. Miss-installed which caused premature ware. Good materials but poor execution on the build. I would not have bought this if I knew all the problems. I would not look at a new one from this company, as soon as the warrantee is up all the problems show up.
- Erik Schirmer, Idaho

2020-08-04 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge 373RBS View Listings

I love the front living room arrangement for this rv. Especially the 50 inch tv. We installed a satellite dish to be used when the rv parks have poor TV or has poor programming. Has a king bed and lots of closet space. We especially love the large master bath. All in all this RV has exceptional storage inside and especially the under storage areas. We installed a Reese Sidewinder king pin so a short bed truck can make those tight turns without worry. Having to sell due to health issues.
- Leon Hays , Arkansas

2020-07-30 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Roamer View Listings

It was home! Myself, husband and our 3 dogs were completely happy. Living in an over 2000 sq foot home to the Roamer was a breeze for the transition. The full size ridgerator made cooking simple and trips to the grocery store very minimal. Storage space is amazing. Comfort and leisure was the ticket.
- DJUANA TOMLIN, Texas

2020-07-22 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 272RLS View Listings

I wouldn’t purchase another Highland Ridge/Jayco. I’m a working man and saved my money so I could retire and enjoy traveling. We purchased our Highland Ridge Open Range brand new and thought we were buying a quality unit. Asked a lot of question about how they were built and what material was used. We were told the flooring was 11/2 inches thick. Our mistake was we thought it was solid. Turns out it is 1/8 inch wood top and bottom filled with foam. After three years of traveling just in the spring and summer the floor has develop soft spots. Between the rafters it will sag 1/2 inch. The problem for us being in our later years of life it causes us to trip and fall. We are out of the two year warranty but thought surely the manufacture would stand behind their product. Every thing you read about their produce they state how They only use the best practices and material. But according to them this isn’t a problem and normal wear and tear called foam deflection. They also stated even if we were still in our warranty period it wouldn’t be covered. So now I’m stuck making payments on a Highland Ridge Open Range that I’m afraid to use. I’d Recommend you stay away from Highland Ridge/Jayco products. Be sure you don’t get taken by their sales pitch of quality product. Because clearly they only care about making money over selling something that should last more than three years.
- David Burson, Wyoming

2020-06-25 2020 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We have owned the Highland Ridge h350 for a few months. We found some basic issues with the rig on inspection. Decals were missing, cracks in the front lighting and the glass in the cabinets are loose. The dealership we bought from has poor service and we are hoping they fix everything. Otherwise, we are very happy with the 5th wheel. The kitchen and bathrooms are awesome 👌 layout is great.
- Amber, California

2020-06-23 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge 26BHS View Listings

Very happy with it, no problems whatsoever.everything works. Very well thought out. Roomy great floor plan. Ours was special ordered with 2 ac units but they never took delivery. We a rd e very pleased with it!
- Scot mckay, Idaho

2020-06-12 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 348RLS View Listings

This RV has more room than any other unit i have visited. The storage space is truly amazing, live ability is second to none. All mechanicals are well designed and work flawlessly. The truck RV combo tows through the mountains flawlessly and without reservation i would keep this unit for years if my health allowed.
- Jack, Ohio