Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light Reviews on RV Insider (2)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

2020-08-28 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light 216RBS View Listings

I bought this 216RBS new in Huntsville, AL, at the time, I had researched extensively for a small but spacious trailer, especially the bathroom and shower...Im 6'3" and need some room. The bathroom was huge in this particular trailer and with two opposing slides in the living area it made the trailer seem huge inside too for its size. The quality and construction were ok, better than most I would say. 2017 was the last production year of the 100" wide body trailers, after that, Jayco bought Highland Ridge based on my research and everything got a few inches narrower. There are two gripes I have with this particular trailer, first, while the bed is a true queen, its a tight fit, wish they had added a foot or so to the length and gave me some room at the foot of the bed. The second gripe I've already fixed, the "L-Shaped Lounge" in the living room slide-out was just a really dumb idea, it was incredibly uncomfortable, the bed was useless and it just did not make sense in that small of a trailer. I removed it and replaced it with powered, heated, massage electric reclining theater seating, about $1000, but, well worth it. I also got some nice "barrel style" stools for the center island to use as a bar for eating, a much more usable design now. Overall, I'm happy with my Open Range Light 216RBS, it was constructed very much like the 5th Wheels of this vintage, I'm kind of sad that this building concept was not continued, some people actually do want a small very high quality travel trailer and they are not built like this anymore. Had Highland Ridge continued building trailers like this, with 5th wheel-like construction one can only imagine where the quality and amenities could have gone. I for one am willing to pay for quality, Im just not willing to pay for Airstream quality, their largest trailer seems small to me in comparison. Listen up RV manufacturers.
- Anthony Cooper, Alabama

2020-05-17 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light LF295BHS View Listings

The highland ridge open range light LF295BHS is definitely the perfect camper. Being that it is half-ton towable is awesome, I can use my Ford F150. This unit was definitely made for a full family with everything thought of for us. Even our pets. Thank you highland ridge open range. I recommend this unit to everyone and always let people come insde and see our half ton light camper. Everyone is always surprised. We are getting everything the 44ft camper has in our 34ft camper. Amazing. This unit fills all our families needs with the amount of storage inside and outside we can bring all the toys for us adults, kids and pets with no worries. We use the hitch on the back for bikes, extra small trailer for wood and coolers. We love the 2ns AC unit keeps all areas cool when we need it in the summer and the fireplace is extra heat on the cooler nights. The outside kitchen was a huge plus because husband and kids are not running in and out of the camper all day. Everything is at their finger tips outside keeping it cleaner inside. The men and kids have a tv to watch outside. The bathroom has so much space it's an A+. My husband and I love the ability to get to the bathroom in privacy with the second pocket door from the master bedroom.
- Karen, Michigan