Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X Reviews on RV Insider (10)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Linda fay from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

I was( my mother in law 77 years old) sold a 2017 back in 2018, it was sold as a new rv with a factory list price of $62k When there was a defective issue, the warranty company stated it was in the previous owners name? And was not transferable! Lazy days sold a used rv as a new on and I ( my guest) was scared by this company, who will not stand behind there product or make lazy days cover the defects. I am now writing to bbb and the flordia state attorneys office for deceptive sales of this unit. Don’t be the next victim of this company!!! Any questions feel free to call me at 305-797-5184. Thank for reading this, don’t trust them!!
- Linda fay, Florida

2020-10-25 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

We’ve had our Roamer 5 years,and have been full time living in it on the road for the past 2 years. Not one major problem,and the problems we did have was under warranty and taken care of expediently every time, no questions asked. We put a road Road Master on our truck and it pulls like a dream. We have a Ford F-150 4 4 with 5.4 liter engine. RV is 38 ft. Long w/3 slide outs, 2 ac units. We’re looking into trading in and yes it will be another Roamer and anyone looking to own an RV should look into them closely... you will not look any further!
- Dina Butler, Texas

2020-10-03 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 374BHS View Listings

I kept this RV parked in one spot For two years and loved everything about it . The size of the MBR was amazing along with the full bath. Having an additional half bath was awesome . The kitchen area had a great layout with a gorgeous island . The seating area was expansive a s allowed several combinations for seating and tables . The bunkhouse was plenty of room for my grandkids and had some neat features such as USB power ports . Easy to live in and plenty of room with huge storage spaces underneath .
- Lena Warner, South Carolina

2020-08-10 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

We just bought this 5th wheel use. Great floor plan and quality materials where used. But after using it I found the craftsmanship and quality control are really horrible. I have found many miner problems that were put together that way from the factory. One major problem is with the large dining slide out. Miss-installed which caused premature ware. Good materials but poor execution on the build. I would not have bought this if I knew all the problems. I would not look at a new one from this company, as soon as the warrantee is up all the problems show up.
- Erik Schirmer, Idaho

2019-12-15 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 388RKS View Listings

We bought the unit, for full time use, used for well under market value. We assumed there would be some issues. Our seller gave a great warranty and we bought a 6 year to cover any additional problems. So far we've loved living in our 5th wheel. Hot or cold weather we've been very comfortable. The issues that are common to these units (we did our research prior to purchase) have all been covered under warranty - except the previous owner had over greased the wheel bearings causing glazed pads. Understanding that a house that goes over bridges and potholes may occasionally need repairs is a prerequisite for all RV owners. Also - understanding that all manufacturers have their issues and doing due diligence should be every consumers priority before laying out their hard earned money. Our unit is spacious, well built, comfortable, easy to tow, beautiful inside and out and functional for full time living. We are traveling across the country so we're using mobile RV Technicians and they all have been the ones who handle calls about warranty and insurance.
- Fred Wagner, Georgia

2019-10-04 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 349RLS View Listings

Have owned a 2017 349RLS 3X for 3 years. The very wide slides make the living area the widest/largest by far. The residential refrigerator is great. Ice maker and water dispenser are great too. Residential shower is great. The factory support is beyond what my salesperson said would happen when I brought in for a repair. Some slide coverings underneath were peeling. A few other items and Highland Ridge approved the repairs instantly. What is not as great - 3 20lb propane tanks - kind of a strange setup, but no doubt easier to handle 20lb tanks. The tires they put on these RV's is very annoying because they are not meant for much use. Oh, and on the living room slides you get the same large windows on each slide, including a large window on the back. I have used this RV down to single digits with ease - all things enclosed. And, I have owned a travel trailer and another fifth wheel, and this one came from the factory with the spray (forget the name of this stuff) around the underneath to ensure all little nooks and cranny's were sealed to further keep the RV insulated, and critters out. I like the electronic door opener too. 80 or 88 gal water tank is nice, but I don't dry camp much, but helps in that I don't use city water connection. I prefer to fillup and use the pump system. Another curious things is why it didn't come with a screen door or screen on the door?? It has a coat hanger on it so I use that to cover the window. No carpet save the bedroom is really nice too - i.e. we have dogs so easier to keep vinyl floor clean. Sunshade and privacy window coverings nice too - just pull one or both down.
- Steven Berley, Oregon

2019-09-25 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 375RDS View Listings

Highland Ridge refuses to stand by their craftsmanship. Our upper kitchen cabinets fell off the wall at 1year 2 weeks, repair was denied due to being 2 weeks past one year craftmanship warranty. At 1 year 9 months our floor separated from dining slide out. Highland Ridge denied repair because this did not fall under the three year structural warranty. The service center stated the floor was not properly secured to to slide out during manufacturing, Highland Ridge denied repair and this is not covered by the extended warranty. Do not trust their craftmanship and their ability to stand by their product.
- Dawn Dias, Texas

2019-08-04 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 3X349RLS View Listings

I have really liked owning the Open Range 5th Wheel. It feels like home. We have theater seating, with a 50 inch T.V. We also have a king bed. Lots of windows, with an island has made my wife happy.
- Dave Birkhahn, California

2019-02-27 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 397FBS View Listings

This has been one of the best RV’s I have owned, or have seen. The quality of the inside is extraordinary for the price, reinforced roof, insulation, led lighting, spacious and so perfectly functional for camping or living. We have owned this for going on 2 years now, the furniture, interior, and exterior is holding up extremely well. And the convenience of the automatic leveling system, and self retracting awning when the wind gets too rough. This 5th wheel has been just what me and my fiancé needed, and toes so perfectly.
- Kevin S., Florida

2019-02-04 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 427BHS View Listings

The open range 3x427bhs is a quality built Rv. The large appliances and living area make you feel like home.the added features you get such as the windows and shades are great. This model is very easy to tow and very easy to set up with the automatic leveling system .the quail it's is great and the customer service and warranty department are excellent as well . I would recommend this highland ridge open range Rv to anyone looking for a great 5th wheel. This is livery without the big price tag.
- Mitchell crawford, South Carolina