Highland Ridge RV Highlander Reviews on RV Insider (3)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV Highlander RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Keir Hoppe from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We recently purchased a brand new Highlander 5th wheel toy hauler. I am thoroughly disappointed in the quality and the warranty/customer service from Highland. Our first trips days after buying was disappointing due to the craftsmanship of this 5th wheel. The couch recliners were missing the actual handles to recline the chairs. The massage/heating heats didn’t work. What is worse is Highlander only uses 3 threaded screws for their canopies. If you look at other campers with canopies they all at a minimum installed with more than 5-6 screws that have a backing board for reinforcement. The simple jarring movement of moving the camper loosens those 3 thread screws. Due to this poor installation our back canopy came off and flew back breaking several things on our roof that now all need replaced. We contacted Highland to stand behind the claims of quality and were flat out denied and when we have called twice to speak to someone about their denial they have asked us for our claim number, put us on hold and then send us to voicemail after holding for 5-10 min. Don’t buy a Highland RV. It is horrible quality and even worse customer service.
- Keir Hoppe, Colorado

2020-03-22 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We started having issues shortly after picking up our brand new camper. Heater not working, GFI flipped constantly, molding pulled away from outside, bump on frames . Leach RV did document all issues and fixed molding, had move GFI to a new place, since manufacturers installed in a spot that got water in it . After a month at Dealership pick up camper.two months later refrigerator broke. Dealship came out to fix. Then winter camp heater still not working , found that floor behind couch pulling away from wall. Sent to dealership to fix heater again ( all they do is replace the thermostat). Floor was approved to fix by manufacturer. Finally goes back to manufacture to address bump on frame. Manufacturer had for two months ( had to fight for them to pay for transport both to and from) . Now slide out broke. Camper is only 2 years old and have yet to use it for a while season or not have an issues. Heater still not working right. We are having it looked at by a gentlemen that works on campers and works with our warranty. Thank goodness we brought the extended warranty. Manufacturer not working with us on all our issues . They made and sold a lemon. We are now looking at what or option are.
- Dan, Pennsylvania

2020-01-14 2018 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350 View Listings

2018 Highlander Toy Hauler: One year warranty! In for thermostat not operating properly, fuel gauge not working, soft spot in floor of bathroom and kitchen (perfect line along seam of sheathing) Initial dealer dropped the ball and in 3 1/2 months fixed 1 issue (thermostat) with the fifth wheel. Never even investigated to pursue the other problems or report them to the manufacturer. Moved camper to another dealer with the help of Highland Ridge, and the proof that it was dropped off at the prior dealer within 1 year of purchase. New dealer sends pictures and description of issue with the floors (seam of sheathing is not lined up with aluminium joists in sub floor). Dealer recommends repair. Highland Ridge determines that there is no issue, within spec and refuses any repair. I speak with (Tiffany"team leader") Highland Ridge again, they say they will contact the dealer again. I call to follow up, Dealer informs me that Tiffany called and said that they would not cover the repair. I had explained to Tiffany that besides myself, 2 of their dealers had acknowledged the problem. I have had the trailer for 1 month of the year 2019. Highland Ridge despite 2 dealers saying there is a problem and pictures showing that the seam of sheathing is not over the aluminium joist. Tiffany told me that because the floor is layered and has a top layer and bottom layer of sheathing with the aluminum joists and foam between the layers of sheathing that the seam does not need to be over the joist. The location of the soft spot is exactly along the line of supported sheathing and the next piece of sheathing with support further away. I would recommend that any one looking to purchase an RV to look anywhere other than anything from Highland Ridge. I thought that all the stories were untrue with their initial support and effort but ultimately they decide that it is better to screw the customer than stand up and repair what is obviously a manufacturers issue. I allowed for ample time and have in no way been rude or belligerent the pay back for this has been to get stuck with a very expensive unit with soft spots in the floors less than a year after purchase and no support from the manufacturer. I have spoken at length with my current dealer and the technician working on it, both repeatedly apologize and tell me they can't believe how this has been swept under the rug by Highland Ridge. Find any other company that will do anything ?!?, you will be ahead of anyone with a Highland Ridge. They are as bad as the first Dealer (Browns RV in South Carolina). Never ever do business with these lazy, dishonest businesses! Tom Seneca, SC
- Tom Bailey, South Carolina