Highland Ridge RV Highlander Reviews on RV Insider (7)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV Highlander RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Keir Hoppe from Colorado says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We recently purchased a brand new Highlander 5th wheel toy hauler. I am thoroughly disappointed in the quality and the warranty/customer service from Highland. Our first trips days after buying was disappointing due to the craftsmanship of this 5th wheel. The couch recliners were missing the actual handles to recline the chairs. The massage/heating heats didn’t work. What is worse is Highlander only uses 3 threaded screws for their canopies. If you look at other campers with canopies they all at a minimum installed with more than 5-6 screws that have a backing board for reinforcement. The simple jarring movement of moving the camper loosens those 3 thread screws. Due to this poor installation our back canopy came off and flew back breaking several things on our roof that now all need replaced. We contacted Highland to stand behind the claims of quality and were flat out denied and when we have called twice to speak to someone about their denial they have asked us for our claim number, put us on hold and then send us to voicemail after holding for 5-10 min. Don’t buy a Highland RV. It is horrible quality and even worse customer service.
- Keir Hoppe, Colorado

2020-10-30 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

My wife and I bought our Highlander May of 2019 brand new. We have been full timing in it since that date. We are at a stationary location at the moment but we also still do our traveling camp trips with it. We have taken it out at least a dozen times including a trek to the Oregon coast. So I'd estimate we have at least 5k miles on it so far. All of the other reviews for this coach are quite negative. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this coach. In the last year and a half I've had typical issues such as the heated seats quit working (Thomas Payne theater seats), not a Highland Ridge craftsmanship. Our blend valve (LCI component) for the water heater bypass failed last October in a freeze, yet again not craftsmanship. Spring of 2020 our furnace (Dometic/Atwood) quit working and being that it was during our winter thaw I didn't bother with it till this week. Wait, once again not craftsmanship. Turns out it was the sail switch. With that being said about the furnace We had single digit temperatures the week prior to changing my sail switch. Yes, it was chilly in the mornings but with electric heaters in the living room and garage it wasn't as bad as people would think. But to my point with no skirting at the time of the single digit temps and no heater to heat the underbelly, we still did not freeze within our coach. We do have heated hoses but that was it at the time. So with all of that being said, we absolutely love our coach and have had no craftsmanship issues what-so-ever. Oh last summer we also had issues with the fans for our fridge (Norcold) oh guess what another none craftsmanship issue. People complain about not being able to get around the bed, that is how almost all king bed models are designed regardless of who made the coach. We originally bought a king model because the queen we looked at sold the same day we came to put a deposit on it. Ours is now a queen model though. My biggest complaint is the same as any other full time coach owner and that is that the craftsmanship when it comes to the wiring and water lines behind the pass through (basement) it is an absolute rats nest. So in reality please people don't just consider a toy hauler such as Momentum, Voltage, or Seismic. Yes, I just listed what society considers to be three of the nicest toy haulers. Remember who owns Highland Ridge is the same company that builds Seismic. What you all have to realize and come to terms with is do you want a $65k or $85k toy hauler that have the same internals just different craftsmanship. Remember my Highlander has the exact same components as the higher dollar value toy haulers. No, I may not have the fancy above cabinet accent lighting, the lighted stove knobs, or tv's included in the garage or bedroom but in reality we haven't missed any of those superficial things. I have installed smart tv's throughout our coach and besides that the Furrion tv that comes with these coaches is a POS anyways. Yes, GD has supposedly exceptional customer service at the factory, but unless you have a serious structural issue how often are you going to deal with them? I hope that this review shines some light for some new comers to the RV market. It is a hard decision with so many choices. I can be found on social media or possibly contact through here for additional questions. Also regarding another review I just remembered about stickers cracking and peeling ours has been in the Utah heat and we have no sticker issues. In closing neither me nor my wife are in any way shape or form associated with Highland Ridge or any of its subsidiary's, such as Open Range, Jayco, or Thor by any means. We are just a family that want to enjoy life and travel at the start of 2021!
- Nate Lobato, Utah

2020-10-10 2018 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350 View Listings

Had our new toy hauler for 18 months. Decals all faded and some peeling off. Bottom side molding all pulled away from coach needed repair. Molding fell off inside repaired myself. Hydraulic levelers would not work on first trip had to manually retract one with ratchet. Read online what issue could be repaired myself. Doors would not close and had to reattach door jams. Everything was built by incompetent workers. I have done most repairs as hauling coach 25 miles for repairs then driving home then back is not feasible. My first 36 ft. 5th wheel was 18 years old. I have had more issues with this coach in 18 months than the other in 18 years. Was told the decals on the front which were silver are now faded to almost black were out of warranty after a year. Find something else to buy. Highland ridge not so good.
- James Towne, California

2020-09-13 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

Well the kitchen is great big stove and a big combo fridge. The bedroom yo can’t walk on both sides of the bed and I have it slid as far over so I can use one side. The bath is a corner one and it is cracking down both sides. Toy hauler is nice and I have problems with the doors and a dump valve, .
- Richard Mabie, Pennsylvania

2020-06-25 2020 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We have owned the Highland Ridge h350 for a few months. We found some basic issues with the rig on inspection. Decals were missing, cracks in the front lighting and the glass in the cabinets are loose. The dealership we bought from has poor service and we are hoping they fix everything. Otherwise, we are very happy with the 5th wheel. The kitchen and bathrooms are awesome 👌 layout is great.
- Amber, California

2020-03-22 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

We started having issues shortly after picking up our brand new camper. Heater not working, GFI flipped constantly, molding pulled away from outside, bump on frames . Leach RV did document all issues and fixed molding, had move GFI to a new place, since manufacturers installed in a spot that got water in it . After a month at Dealership pick up camper.two months later refrigerator broke. Dealship came out to fix. Then winter camp heater still not working , found that floor behind couch pulling away from wall. Sent to dealership to fix heater again ( all they do is replace the thermostat). Floor was approved to fix by manufacturer. Finally goes back to manufacture to address bump on frame. Manufacturer had for two months ( had to fight for them to pay for transport both to and from) . Now slide out broke. Camper is only 2 years old and have yet to use it for a while season or not have an issues. Heater still not working right. We are having it looked at by a gentlemen that works on campers and works with our warranty. Thank goodness we brought the extended warranty. Manufacturer not working with us on all our issues . They made and sold a lemon. We are now looking at what or option are.
- Dan, Pennsylvania

2020-01-14 2018 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350 View Listings

2018 Highlander Toy Hauler: One year warranty! In for thermostat not operating properly, fuel gauge not working, soft spot in floor of bathroom and kitchen (perfect line along seam of sheathing) Initial dealer dropped the ball and in 3 1/2 months fixed 1 issue (thermostat) with the fifth wheel. Never even investigated to pursue the other problems or report them to the manufacturer. Moved camper to another dealer with the help of Highland Ridge, and the proof that it was dropped off at the prior dealer within 1 year of purchase. New dealer sends pictures and description of issue with the floors (seam of sheathing is not lined up with aluminium joists in sub floor). Dealer recommends repair. Highland Ridge determines that there is no issue, within spec and refuses any repair. I speak with (Tiffany"team leader") Highland Ridge again, they say they will contact the dealer again. I call to follow up, Dealer informs me that Tiffany called and said that they would not cover the repair. I had explained to Tiffany that besides myself, 2 of their dealers had acknowledged the problem. I have had the trailer for 1 month of the year 2019. Highland Ridge despite 2 dealers saying there is a problem and pictures showing that the seam of sheathing is not over the aluminium joist. Tiffany told me that because the floor is layered and has a top layer and bottom layer of sheathing with the aluminum joists and foam between the layers of sheathing that the seam does not need to be over the joist. The location of the soft spot is exactly along the line of supported sheathing and the next piece of sheathing with support further away. I would recommend that any one looking to purchase an RV to look anywhere other than anything from Highland Ridge. I thought that all the stories were untrue with their initial support and effort but ultimately they decide that it is better to screw the customer than stand up and repair what is obviously a manufacturers issue. I allowed for ample time and have in no way been rude or belligerent the pay back for this has been to get stuck with a very expensive unit with soft spots in the floors less than a year after purchase and no support from the manufacturer. I have spoken at length with my current dealer and the technician working on it, both repeatedly apologize and tell me they can't believe how this has been swept under the rug by Highland Ridge. Find any other company that will do anything ?!?, you will be ahead of anyone with a Highland Ridge. They are as bad as the first Dealer (Browns RV in South Carolina). Never ever do business with these lazy, dishonest businesses! Tom Seneca, SC
- Tom Bailey, South Carolina