Highland Ridge RV 5th Wheel

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Highland Ridge RV 5th Wheel RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

CA from Florida says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2017 Highland Ridge RV 3X 427BHS View Listings

We bought this RV for the floor plan. After 3 weeks into purchasing it we noticed soft flooring near the main entrance door. We have taken it into a service dealer who said the black tank is leaking into the floor. They also found another problem with the walls. To fix the RV it has to go back to the factory. They can not take it until February! When you spend 80k on a camper you want to be able to use it. We have contacted the warranty department with no return call yet! Never again open range!
- CA, Florida

2021-09-17 2020 Highland Ridge RV Open Range OF427BHS View Listings

We love the Open Range 427BHS. We realized after 18 months we do not utilize the outdoor kitchen, so that has been a wasted feature for us and a waste of valuable space. The floor plan is great. We are a family of 5 and have lived in our 427BHS for 18 months, and have no complaints. There are minor things I would tweak if I could, but overall this is a great unit.
- Lindsay Waterman, Texas

2021-09-05 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 427BHS View Listings

The livability is wonderful. It is like living in an apartment but with no noisy neighbors complete with an indoor and outdoor entertainment system and a television in every room. With 5 slide outs, the roominess can be felt. A full sized, side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator freezer, a stainless steel stove, and a microwave across from the Corian countertop island is like living in a real home. The floors are solid but the reason I gave it 4 stars on quality is the naugahyde on the couch, the chairs, and the headboard of the king size bed in the master bedroom is starting to flake. Overall, it is home away from home!
- Connie Lynn Allen, Texas

2021-08-10 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 318RLS View Listings

Bought this fifth wheel 347 RES in March 2017 and had to take back in to the dealership after 3 months for numerous problems, especially floor soft in the kitchen area. After 3 months at the dealership. Picked it up and was told everything had been fixed including the floor (which was not) and still not. Each time taken into dealership was there for months in end. After 4 years of owning it it has spent over 14 months in the shop. Called manufacturer just to be told there was nothing they could do. Took it in to the shop in March due to rotted floor on front slude. After numerous calls just to be told they cannot get the part from the manufacturer to fix it which would have costed $3200 to fix. Just picked it up after 5 months and now my husband is having to try and fix himself. Wish us luck!! Oh and word to the wise stay away from purchasing Highland Ridge they may be pretty but craftsmanship sucks!!!
- Lori Jones, Florida

2021-07-22 2020 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 371MBH View Listings

great for me and family lots of room for my kids and grandchildren worked really good in cold weather and 2 air conditioners kept in cool in 40c I've had it 1and half year's no problems so far .I mostly park it in my own lot
- William Barnett, Alberta

2021-07-06 2018 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge 371MBH View Listings

We bought our 2018 Mesa Ridge brand new. We have had nothing but problems each time move it! First trip out, the awning arm broke off of the front of the camper. The Service provider told us the original screws weren’t screwed into wood but just into the fiberglass. We have had the teeth break in one of our slide motors (husband replaced it). The inverter crapped out on us (husband replaced it after first replacing two batteries $$). The leaf spring hanger on one wheel broke (had to be welded). The heater has never worked right, still trying to figure that out after 3 years, (mostly using electric space heaters). Now the latest catastrophe is the front drivers side jack has failed as we were trying to put it on the truck. We had to use two jacks to get it on
- Emily, North Carolina

2021-06-08 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 368RLS View Listings

We have problems with soft spots in our flooring, it is a structural problem we have had no leaks. Was told by the manufacturer, they have a two-year warranty. We will have to repair and replace the floor structure, and replace the vinyl. Sounds like a lot of other owners have had the same problem. We pay way too much money for Highland Ridge not to step up and fix this problem.
- Robin Schreiner, Washington

2021-05-13 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 371MBHS View Listings

We absolutely love the layout for our family of 6. We bought new and have been in it for 3 plus years. The quality is the biggest issue. First, our sub floors were installed incorrectly creating soft spots throughout the RV. We had them fixed under warranty but more popped up not long after and by then our warranty was expired. By far, our biggest issue has been the spring hangers. They shear off and it’s a MAJOR safety hazard. We’ve had 3 break, one causing major damage. We’ve had them all reinforced but it’s a constant safety concern. OR and Lippert are aware but have refused a safety recall. It’s a real shame and we won’t buy another Open Range after this.
- Lyndsay, Texas

2021-02-13 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light 335MBH View Listings

Don't buy these RVs,they don't stand behind there product, don't honour the warranty and refused to pay for the repairs,there customer service is really bad, they're people are rude, we've had this RV 1 1/2 years all for slides are ruined from water damage and the rear wall has to be replaced due to leaks and there is black mold thru out the RV,all windows weren't sealed when it was built,they are blaming me for the leaks ,due to not keeping up on maintenance,it came this way,it wasn't old enough to need maintenance and the kitchen holding tank also leaked which I had to repair myself,
- Greg Brown, Washington

2021-02-03 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 367BHS View Listings

As my second RV, this was a massive upgrade from the prior TT. The finishings inside and overall structure are great quality compared to some of the other comparable makes and models on the market. Like all of the 5th wheels and TTs, the tires had to be upgraded early on, but the factory suspension with the Lippert wide-stance axles, leaf springs, and built-in electric brakes make this thing an easy and smooth tow.
- Jeremy Davis, Tennessee

2020-12-22 2020 Highland Ridge RV Open Range OF374BHS View Listings

Bought brand new 2020 42 ft 374 MBH Worst camper ever! Horribly built, Chinese crappy material, fake stainless steel, heater vents full of Debris! Heater didn’t work day 1! New heater put in and it melted bathroom floor! Dealer cut out around vent and left styrofoam in vent along with the wood and metal shavings from factory and a malfunctioning heater that melted floor and sent it back home to a family like that! Smelt something smouldering in the middle of night, I ran to that same vent and saw styrofoam melting with a small flame! 1 year later ( yes they left us like this for a year) the repairs are done, but worse than prior, heater still doesn’t shut off dispite thermostat being set ( new one) and ac turns on half the time instead of heater! The floor is peeling away from the wall they caulked it to the same day we got it back! Big bubbles in floor now which was a seamless floor they put a crooked tack strip in door way and door trim on the floor to try and hold the floor down! Only on half bathroom they broke sink underneath fixtures and left it leaking everywhere, and put in a shattered vent when it wasn’t broke before! It was so bad that I thought it was a prank or they had purposely done it this bad! There are about 20 more massive issues this unit has! Awning arm snapped missing my head by 1/4 inch and with such force it bent the arm elbow sideways 2 feet touching the dining Rm window! It was installed a inch too far over so it snapped randomly at no fault of ours! We were told that our vacuum bonded seal floor was bad in master and they couldn’t fix only manufacturer can. Next visit it miraculously wasnt that anymore and they shimmed a piece of wood to stop the popping sound! Well it didn’t it made it much worse and then caused a huge line with a 1.5 inch virtcal hump on master bed floor that trips you every time! Dealer also cut perfectly good wire in underbelly trying to figure out why he wasn’t getting power then after he cut cords to water pump and got power he realized he didn’t run it to inverter box! Then he spliced the ruined unnecessarily cut water pump wire back together ! There are so many big issues to list! We were offered $10,000 less for unit than what we paid by dealer because they could see a lawsuit brewing which was not cool considering it was defective from day 1 and they have put us though hell, but when We asked for them to put it on paper and not just a sticky note he said ok went inside then came back out empty handed and told us that he had been advised not to. We are not the type of people to sue or threaten a lawyer, we’re good honest hardworking people, but at this point we don’t have much choice! This unit was a dud right out of manufacturer but I think the dealership is responsible for all the shotty botched work and mistakes they made! My 9 year old boy could’ve fixed it better!
- Lauren white, Idaho

2020-12-16 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 293RLS View Listings

Highland Ridge does not stand by the product it manufactures. I would not recommend buying a Highland Ridge. The slide floor has separated in my 3 year old unit and they refuse to even help with costs of repair. Customer service said no and wouldn't even talk with dealer about the issue. I am unable to move my slide in due to the issue. There is no water damage,no leaks. Just poor quality in design. 2500 to 3000 dollars to replace the floor in the slide. I had my previous RV, a different make for 15 years without flooring issues. The floor in a 3 year old unit should not separate. I bought this unit because I heard of the good quality and customer service of Highland Ridge. Well I have found out from experience that this is NOT the case. I regret my decision to purchase their product. Buyer Beware!
- Donna Walden, South Carolina

2020-12-11 2016 Highland Ridge RV Highlander RF337RLS View Listings

We love the floor plan! We have the large shower so we don't feel like we are showering in a phone booth. I like the light weight compared to the Cardinal we had before so I am able to tow a utility trailer with a OHV behind the 5th wheel. However, on our last trip the entertainment center, with our factory installed TV and audio systems separated from the wall while traveling. Of course the TV was destroyed. This unit has never left the pavement other than inside a rv park. There was only the TV, audio system, a half dozen maps and a hand held GPS inside the entertainment center. The screws holding it to the wall were all stripped from the wall. I replaced the center with 4 times the screws that were used to install it at the factory and added braces between the fireplace and the entertainment center. I warned a friend who also purchased a similar model. When he inspected his center he found that the screws were already separating from the wall. The Accu-Slide system for the slide outs, in my opinion, are trash. I had the dealer replace 2 motors and gear boxes because the high torque motor destroyed the gear boxes used to move the cables. I later found out that the gear boxes were all I needed to replace. Of course the dealer failed to mention that so it cost me a lot more. If the gear box is broken I know of no way to close the sideout. Some of the screws that hold the awning on also were stripped out. We never leave the awning out when we are gone or if the wind comes up! Recommendation, Replace the cheep Chinese tires! Go with G rated tires! We have had 2 blowouts with low mileage on these tires, less than 3500 miles. I use tire pressure monitors to help maintain proper tire inflation and never drive over 65mph. The blowouts destroyed the fenders, among other things, costing me approx $900 to replace. and I replaced one myself. Replaces the tires ASAP!
- Guy Chatterton, Arizona

2020-11-23 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light LF318RLS View Listings

The Open Range brand is equal to a cadillac as far as quality and upgrades from the factory, it can be towed by a half ton truck with no problem, very spacious interior, well designed kitchen, three TV's one outside, great awning size
- Robert Saunders, Florida

2020-11-14 2019 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Light LF295BHS View Listings

“Defect in material and workmanship”, I have a unit I purchased new in January 2019, my slide seals have already gone bad (deteriorated) and while checking them I find a crack going up from the corner of the rear bedroom slide out cut, heading towards the roof. The RV Dealer I purchased the unit from says its not a cosmetic issue. When Highland Ridge “Jayco” was contacted, they say it’s a cosmetic issue and won’t offer any type of repair.
- David Harris, California

2020-10-30 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

My wife and I bought our Highlander May of 2019 brand new. We have been full timing in it since that date. We are at a stationary location at the moment but we also still do our traveling camp trips with it. We have taken it out at least a dozen times including a trek to the Oregon coast. So I'd estimate we have at least 5k miles on it so far. All of the other reviews for this coach are quite negative. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this coach. In the last year and a half I've had typical issues such as the heated seats quit working (Thomas Payne theater seats), not a Highland Ridge craftsmanship. Our blend valve (LCI component) for the water heater bypass failed last October in a freeze, yet again not craftsmanship. Spring of 2020 our furnace (Dometic/Atwood) quit working and being that it was during our winter thaw I didn't bother with it till this week. Wait, once again not craftsmanship. Turns out it was the sail switch. With that being said about the furnace We had single digit temperatures the week prior to changing my sail switch. Yes, it was chilly in the mornings but with electric heaters in the living room and garage it wasn't as bad as people would think. But to my point with no skirting at the time of the single digit temps and no heater to heat the underbelly, we still did not freeze within our coach. We do have heated hoses but that was it at the time. So with all of that being said, we absolutely love our coach and have had no craftsmanship issues what-so-ever. Oh last summer we also had issues with the fans for our fridge (Norcold) oh guess what another none craftsmanship issue. People complain about not being able to get around the bed, that is how almost all king bed models are designed regardless of who made the coach. We originally bought a king model because the queen we looked at sold the same day we came to put a deposit on it. Ours is now a queen model though. My biggest complaint is the same as any other full time coach owner and that is that the craftsmanship when it comes to the wiring and water lines behind the pass through (basement) it is an absolute rats nest. So in reality please people don't just consider a toy hauler such as Momentum, Voltage, or Seismic. Yes, I just listed what society considers to be three of the nicest toy haulers. Remember who owns Highland Ridge is the same company that builds Seismic. What you all have to realize and come to terms with is do you want a $65k or $85k toy hauler that have the same internals just different craftsmanship. Remember my Highlander has the exact same components as the higher dollar value toy haulers. No, I may not have the fancy above cabinet accent lighting, the lighted stove knobs, or tv's included in the garage or bedroom but in reality we haven't missed any of those superficial things. I have installed smart tv's throughout our coach and besides that the Furrion tv that comes with these coaches is a POS anyways. Yes, GD has supposedly exceptional customer service at the factory, but unless you have a serious structural issue how often are you going to deal with them? I hope that this review shines some light for some new comers to the RV market. It is a hard decision with so many choices. I can be found on social media or possibly contact through here for additional questions. Also regarding another review I just remembered about stickers cracking and peeling ours has been in the Utah heat and we have no sticker issues. In closing neither me nor my wife are in any way shape or form associated with Highland Ridge or any of its subsidiary's, such as Open Range, Jayco, or Thor by any means. We are just a family that want to enjoy life and travel at the start of 2021!
- Nate Lobato, Utah

2020-10-25 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

We’ve had our Roamer 5 years,and have been full time living in it on the road for the past 2 years. Not one major problem,and the problems we did have was under warranty and taken care of expediently every time, no questions asked. We put a road Road Master on our truck and it pulls like a dream. We have a Ford F-150 4 4 with 5.4 liter engine. RV is 38 ft. Long w/3 slide outs, 2 ac units. We’re looking into trading in and yes it will be another Roamer and anyone looking to own an RV should look into them closely... you will not look any further!
- Dina Butler, Texas

2020-10-03 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 374BHS View Listings

I kept this RV parked in one spot For two years and loved everything about it . The size of the MBR was amazing along with the full bath. Having an additional half bath was awesome . The kitchen area had a great layout with a gorgeous island . The seating area was expansive a s allowed several combinations for seating and tables . The bunkhouse was plenty of room for my grandkids and had some neat features such as USB power ports . Easy to live in and plenty of room with huge storage spaces underneath .
- Lena Warner, South Carolina

2020-09-22 2016 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 347RES View Listings

very spacious and comfortable A fireplace for cold mornings Air conditioning if its too hot Great Awning with lights for sitting around in the evening Plenty of cupboard and closet space. Easy maintenance and easy to tow
- diana, California

2020-09-19 2017 Highland Ridge RV Roamer 347RES View Listings

In august 2017 we became (at the time) proud new owners of our new fifth wheel. This was our dream, to own a fifth wheel and travel around the country. I wish I new then what I know now. I would never and will never consider buying a Highland Ridge RV of any kind. They build absolute JUNK!!!!!! We have had more water leaks than should happen. First the bedroom slide. Now the slide that has the dinette and recliners on it. The big one though is the roof. The air conditioner was not properly installed or supported on the interior. We have been trying to get it fixed for 2 years and now it has started to ruin the roof. The trailer is now out of warranty. Highland Ridge (jayco) have done nothing to help us out. We had to fight tooth and nail to even get them to pay to try and have it fixed. I read that they now have a 3 year warranty on their RV's. People think this is great. DO NOT BE FOOLED. They are only offering this because you will have your RV in the shop more than you will get to use it. I have a new goal in life. To discredit Highland Ridge (jayco) every way and chance i get.
- Robert Dobson, Pennsylvania

2020-09-13 2019 Highland Ridge RV Highlander HF350H View Listings

Well the kitchen is great big stove and a big combo fridge. The bedroom yo can’t walk on both sides of the bed and I have it slid as far over so I can use one side. The bath is a corner one and it is cracking down both sides. Toy hauler is nice and I have problems with the doors and a dump valve, .
- Richard Mabie, Pennsylvania

2020-08-10 2017 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 3X 309RLS View Listings

We just bought this 5th wheel use. Great floor plan and quality materials where used. But after using it I found the craftsmanship and quality control are really horrible. I have found many miner problems that were put together that way from the factory. One major problem is with the large dining slide out. Miss-installed which caused premature ware. Good materials but poor execution on the build. I would not have bought this if I knew all the problems. I would not look at a new one from this company, as soon as the warrantee is up all the problems show up.
- Erik Schirmer, Idaho

2020-08-04 2019 Highland Ridge RV Mesa Ridge 373RBS View Listings

I love the front living room arrangement for this rv. Especially the 50 inch tv. We installed a satellite dish to be used when the rv parks have poor TV or has poor programming. Has a king bed and lots of closet space. We especially love the large master bath. All in all this RV has exceptional storage inside and especially the under storage areas. We installed a Reese Sidewinder king pin so a short bed truck can make those tight turns without worry. Having to sell due to health issues.
- Leon Hays , Arkansas

2020-07-30 2015 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Roamer View Listings

It was home! Myself, husband and our 3 dogs were completely happy. Living in an over 2000 sq foot home to the Roamer was a breeze for the transition. The full size ridgerator made cooking simple and trips to the grocery store very minimal. Storage space is amazing. Comfort and leisure was the ticket.
- DJUANA TOMLIN, Texas

2020-06-12 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range 348RLS View Listings

This RV has more room than any other unit i have visited. The storage space is truly amazing, live ability is second to none. All mechanicals are well designed and work flawlessly. The truck RV combo tows through the mountains flawlessly and without reservation i would keep this unit for years if my health allowed.
- Jack, Ohio