Heartland Terry Classic

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Terry Classic RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Anthony labarge from Michigan says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Terry Classic 21V View Listings

I bought one brand new thinking i would not have to worry about repairs. I drove 4.5 hours away to go get it and soon as i seen it there was issues. Once i got it home, i found more! So i had to make another 9 hour trip to get it repaired and now 2 years later ( a year after the warranty stopped) is currently sitting at a local rv dealer getting the furnace worked on and the only way to get the furnace out is to remove the refrigerator! Both table bed and full size bed are uncompfortable. Full size bed feels like you are laying inside a wheelbarrow after it breaks in. It only has 2 windows that open besides having the screen door open. It should have two axles! The tongue weight is more than it needs to be. I would not recommend buying one of these campers. It was a cool thought of the manufacturer but the quality is not there
- Anthony labarge, Michigan

2021-04-18 2018 Heartland Terry Classic 21V View Listings

The following are facts that occurred from my ownership of a 2018 Terry classic V21. I am the original owner, 67 year old single male who babies everything. The biggest problem I've had with the RV is when the roof film delaminated and peeled back and needed to be contact cemented, pulled back and recaulked . The dealership wanted to do the proper repair but Heartland industries only would cover a few hours of the repair. I understood the dealers frustration I ended up redoing the dealerships repair. Later I discovered on the rear of the unit that the dicor caulking did not cover all of one staple and a pinhole next to it from the factory. It look like 2 specks of dirt but it actually created roof damage. I discovered it when it was out of warranty so the factory would not cover the cost repair saying my photos did not prove that it came from the factory that way. His words was I didn't prove anything. I covered the cost of repairs and also recoated the entire roof with Henry's Tropic Cool. Now it has a lifetime warranty. I would recommend Henry's Tropic Cool on your next new RV. There were other areas that the silicone air bubble holes in it where it leaked and ended up resilicon few areas of the RV. The spotlights on the outside of the unit had to have all the rocker switches replaced and new weather proof toggle switches. At about a year old the awning motor went out but it was easier and less stressful for me just to buy a new one and replace it myself. The dinette cushions have delaminated and blistered after little use. Lippert covers the replacement for one year. For about $350 they will send new covers. This is cheaper than having them recovered locally. I would recommend that if there's any way that you can do any warranty repair or cover the cost, to go ahead and do it without requesting a warranty. It will save you time and maybe even money. I like the concept of the retro but I'm not sure I would buy a Heartland product again.
- Dennis Beek, Florida

2021-04-01 2018 Heartland Terry Classic V21 View Listings

The Heartland Terry Classic was only made in 2018 and 2019 so they are quite rare, love the attention we get on the road and at RV parks and campgrounds. Get so many compliments how beautiful it is and unique. I love the floorplan it used the space accurately. Never thought I would even consider selling but we need more room for our 4 month long road trip.
- Julie Morse, Florida

2020-10-04 2018 Heartland Terry Classic 21V View Listings

My wife and I are empty nesters and really enjoy our Terry Classic. While not a good choice for more than 2 adults and a couple of grand children, the trailer has been very cozy, comfy, charming and an attention getter at campgrounds, rest stops and gas stations. I would recommend a Heartland camper but keep in mind you’re towing a home on wheels that gets jiggled around at every turn, bump, twist and the like.
- Ronnie Sanders, Missouri

2020-09-13 2019 Heartland Terry Classic V22 View Listings

I am very disappointed in my new 2019 Heartland Terry Classic V22 camper.I Purchased this new when my husband passed away thinking it would be a good get away with no problems with a new camper, however I have only used it twice in the past year and have had nothing but problems. Within the 1st few months it was leaking And the radio DVD player didn't work so I took it back to the dealership and it was there for months. They did re caulk and replaced the DVD player however the caulking has not lasted through the summer as it is cracking apart.At this point I can't get into the camper and will need to tow it back to the dealership to see what the key locking issues are.I am fearful to go anywhere in it not knowing what will happen. I am very disappointed.
- Vicki Rigney, Michigan