Heartland Sundance

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Sundance RVs and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of them.

Jeff Mcmanus from Kansas says:

Voted Most Helpful Review 2018 Heartland Sundance 3700RLB View Listings

Had problems with this unit immediately. Front ac was wired to a 15 amp breaker instead of the normal 20 amp. Allowed the 50 amp cord to get hot and melted the rear bathroom sink drain. Found the underbelly was filling with water and that is when I found the melted pipe. Fixed both myself. The rear grey water has a leak on level tap. Rear bathroom bathtub drain had incorrect gasket which leaked and ruined insulation. Replaced gasket and insulation. Dvd player had a bad rca jack to tv had to replace. Only had two months....whats next!
- Jeff Mcmanus, Kansas

2021-08-20 2020 Heartland Sundance 291QB View Listings

I bought a 2020 Heartland Sundance 291QB (manufactured in august) in March of 2021. In June/July of 2021 I noticed a 3" hairline crack in the rear fiberglass pannel. I took it to the dealer to submit a warranty claim on it. The dealer assessed it and determined it to be a problem with the fiberglass pannel. Heartland denied the warranty claiming it was damage. When I called Heartland I talked to David Williams who was not interested in what I had to say. He was not only rude but hostile in his way of dealing with this. He procceded to brag about how he turns all kinds of claims down for miscelaneous things, then proceded to give me a speal about how they have paper work with the dealer that enables them to deny warranty claims regardless if problems occur within the initial time frame of the warranty and that the warranty doesn't actually start when you buy the trailer but when the trailer is manufactured. At this point I got frustrated with the situation and asked for an indepenent assessment of the problem, which was ignored. In my opinion this sort of behavior and hostility to customers is unacceptable for any business, particularly when the dealer identified the problem in the initial claim as a material failure. I will be submitting a complaint with the BBB and CFPB and Heartland HR department.
- Colt Heathman, Idaho

2021-07-04 2016 Heartland Sundance 3700RLB View Listings

Terrible rv! We bought this used and when we bought it we thought the auto level jacks were the only things broken. Got it home and found the microwave wouldn’t work without sparking. The front ac unit leaks like crazy when we use it and leaks all over the bed. The furnace doesn’t work, tried replacing the controller and that didn’t fix it. The living room slide wouldn’t stop leaking and has now ruined the paneling inside. The rear bathtub leaks and pour out water under the back of the camper and I’ve also had to replace the toilet because it wouldn’t stop running and flooded the back bathroom. I’d never buy another camper made by this manufacturer!! Terrible quality and so many things are broken and it’s only 5 years old!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!
- Mark, Michigan

2021-04-23 2016 Heartland Sundance 3600QB View Listings

Great Fifth wheel, accommodates everyone very comfortably, lots of storage and the outdoor bar area is the best feature and used frequently! Great TV in living room with space for everyone to watch TV and just hang out on rainy days!
- Kim Running, Michigan

2021-01-19 2020 Heartland Sundance 291QB View Listings

This has been our first year with this rv and so far it has been great! I have a large family and having the bunkhouse with 4 beds in it is awesome. The RV has a nice flow and plenty of privacy. My only complaint with it is the bathroom. With 4 kids it is quite the hot spot and it's very tiny. With that being said the rest of the rv is perfect! It is half ton towable with a full walk on roof, all tho I prefer towing it with a 3/4 ton truck. The size is great you can fit just about anywhere and the weight is not to heavy. I have done some longer towing with it and has towed like a dream. The out side kitchen is great to cook outside on the hot days, and I love the huge awning. Also the a/c works really well even with 6 people in it. On cooler weather this rv heats very well, with the insulated underside and foam insulation in the walls it is great! The kitchen area has a great layout and with the slide out it is a huge space for everyone to hang out! Now I am a tall guy and I have no problem with the hight in this rv the roof curved to give you great height in this rv. Also there is all kinds of storage for the size of the rv. What really blows me away with this rv is build quality for the price of it. I can say that if you have a larger family and are looking for a great first camper this is it! Heartland sundance has done a great job with this and we could not be happier! I would strongly recommend this rv to anyone with a big family!
- Daniel Klinge, Maine

2020-05-06 2016 Heartland Sundance 3000CK View Listings

We bought new and within 4 years it’s been nothing but issues with no warranty even when we purchased the extended warranty! It’s been awful! Do not purchase a Heartland RV! Awful craftsmanship. The mouldings are all cracked and or shrunk! Speakers are falling apart, counter broken, dust leaks like crazy, fridge moulding cracked, roof and sides are bubbled!
- Chariti Sawchuk, Alberta

2019-10-15 2017 Heartland Sundance 3280RES View Listings

Very good camper for a family. I have not had any problems. THIS CAMPER TOWS GREAT AND IS EASY TO PARK WITH SOME PRACTICE. I didn't like the king bed, to big for the room. Never had to take in for repair. Overall I would buy it again.
- Calvin, South Carolina

2019-08-08 2019 Heartland Sundance 221RB View Listings

Between the furnace not working the fresh water tank had a crack the coax to tv satellite was bad. Wiring to the back camera was bad. We bought this from Brett’s RV in Billings, Mt last August and we are finally getting these things fixed still under warranty thank goodness. Heater worked part time would heat for a couple hours and then not come back on. Been to Brett’s six times do not know if they are replacing the same part each time have not gotten a straight answer. Nothing but problems dealing with them. We love the layout. One thing we have to do is cut and put a vent in bathroom door to get heat in their which their should be heat in a bathroom. Hopefully the heater works when we take it to mountains on Labor Day.
- Casey Lythgoe, Montana

2019-02-05 2016 Heartland Sundance 3280RES View Listings

We love our 5th wheel. It has been every thing we could of hoped for. It pulls great, wind didn't bother it, we just had to be more aware. Selling it because of health issues and our age. It is in great shape, plus we did upgrade too make it all better. Like reinforcing the rod that holds up the clothes. We hope that whoever gets it, will enjoy it as we have. Happy camping.
- Walt, Tennessee

2018-08-20 2017 Heartland Sundance 280RL View Listings

Love the great big living area with 2 opposing slides Large bath with high toilet lots of storage. love that I have my washer dryer hookups no laundry rooms yeah! Easy clean wood vinyl flooring threw out most of it makes life easier as dose the deep pan double sinks glad it has an oven as well as a microwave. When your snowbirds you use them all. Nice size refrigerator. Ton of storage inside & out. Walk around bed make it easier to make. Like the big closet across the width. first time we’ve had enough room for everything. Electric awning jack and levelers make setting up a dream.
- Glenda, Alabama

2018-05-23 2017 Heartland Sundance 3280RES View Listings

I've never towed it as it was delivered by the dealer to the RV park. This is our full time residence. Given that it's 37 ft long and we came out of a house, space and storage is pretty good. The bedroom upstairs really makes you feel that you're in a small condo and not just a trailer. LR set up is very comfortable, the electric fireplace is both attractive and functional. The kitchen and island work out well, gives you extra counter space. A/C handles the S.FL heat ok. I opened the awning more for shade for the trailer that us. It keeps the afternoon sun off that wall. Outside storage is ample and as we're also skirted, we've gained extra storage under the front part. All in all, very pleased especially coming out of a house into this unit.
- Phil Menard, Florida

2018-03-26 2008 Heartland Sundance 2900RK View Listings

We are the 2nd owners and have traveled the eastern part of the US. It is easy to tow, big enough that you don't feel cramped and small enough to fit in most state parks. We have found the quality to be above average with few repairs needed. I would recommend Heartland to others seeking a quality camper.
- Rodney Trivette, North Carolina

2017-10-04 2015 Heartland Sundance 2880RLT View Listings

This is a 2015 so not old and so many things are broken. Leak under the ref. when it rains, oven fan not working, blinds broken, hinges broken, burner not working, need I say more? Stay away from Heartland!
- Erland Schulze, Texas

2017-08-13 2017 Heartland Sundance 3700RLB View Listings

Loved the layout and ordered one. Pretty disappointed in the overall craftsmanship 0f the camper. Screws not screwed in all the way, leaking sink drains and sewer shutoff valves. Wallboards overlapping at seams, the bottom of the fridge is trying to come out of the kitchen slide, the breaker board screws aren't long enough to stay in the walls, and when the kitchen slide is in we can see daylight out of the bottom of the camper. The air conditioning doesn't drain properly because the gutter along the side is at the lowest point in the middle causing the water to pool there and then overflow onto the awning. Heartland took a great design and ruined with poor craftsmanship... to say my wife is disappointed with our purchase is a huge understatement. Added to that is dealer in Ramsey, MN didn't let us know that the design year changed from purchase to delivery, and the kitchen slide was set up with different and terrible storage space, and the living room tri-fold couch came as 2 recliners. Also had a different table setup. We took delivery 3 months ago and the couch and table have still not been replaced as promised.
- Joel Longnecker, Wisconsin

2017-08-03 2017 Heartland Sundance 3700RLB View Listings

I purchased it 9 months ago for $67,000 asking $50,000. 5 year extended warranty included. I had a job in Dallas for a couple months and had to use it there. Everything is in perfect condition. I installed a washer/dryer & a Furrion wireless observation system (camera). It's 42' with 5 slide outs, 2 bunks, 2 couches that fold out into beds, & a queen size bedroom. I am including all equipment purchased for the camper. Blocks, tire stoppers, $200 heated hose, hose connections, black & grey tank hoses, hose regulators, & a $350 portable waste pump.(Flojet model 18555 000) The camper has an outside kitchen & a grill that attaches to the rear bumper. The camper is available to be viewed in Lafayette, Louisiana. If you are out of state, we may be able to arrange me delivering to you. Call me (Tristan) & set up a time for a tour. show contact info I also have a BW 5th wheel hitch for sale if you need to install it in your truck to pull this beauty out of here. Pictures of the camper are attached. I have also posted a link below that lists the floor plan, specs, & professional photos. https://www.heartlandrvs.com/brands/fifthwheels/sundance/sd-3700-rlb
- Tristan Henderson, Louisiana

2017-06-15 2011 Heartland Sundance 2900MK View Listings

This is a great motorhome! beautiful nd spacious. I was a guest in the home for some weekend trips and even in the wildly gusty winds of Calico Ghost town, the trailer was only gently rocking! I would buy if I had the $$!!
- Sandy, California

2017-04-30 2016 Heartland Sundance 2880RLT View Listings

We have never been so disappointed in a trailer and we've owned many. First, all of the pantry shelves felll out. There was a hole in the slide seal almost 3" wide. The seals on the slides weren't fitting right and pulled off on the kitchen side. Screws holding the fridge in came out and the fridge almost fell out. Then the control board on the fridge went bad just out of warrant. All of the trim along the ceiling pealed apart and came loose from the wall. The couch arm caved in. When we contacted Heartland they said it was probably rough treatment and wouldn't fix it. When we took it apart to fix it we found that there had been so many staples pounded into it that the wood literally fell apart because of the poor workmanship on the arm brace. One of the tubes on the furnace was never attached correctly supplying the living area that we froze on our first trip out. Even now you roast in the bedroom and freeze while we are sitting in the living area when it's cold outside. The receiver had to be replaced. The final straw for us is that after light use for just over a year we took it out for a three week vacation. With half the vacation left we opened the slides to find the carpet soaked after driving through rain. The seals on the living room and kitchen slide failed. We've had campers we've never had warranty work even needed.
- Lynn ONeil, Utah

2017-03-02 2007 Heartland Sundance 2800RLS View Listings

Great rv for 2 people. We did it with 2 kids and we still loved the room. Tons of storage space! We had no mechanical issues and pulled really well compared to our last camper. I would buy another heartland rv again.
- Matt, Alabama

2016-12-19 2015 Heartland Sundance SD 3380RL View Listings

We love our Sundance by heartland. Sadly, A year after we purchased, our toilet peddle started leaking, we had to replace the toilet, AC went out we had to replace that, found a leak that had been there for a while probably before we purchased it on the slide window. It keeps freezing at temps under 30*. We've had to replace both kitchen and bathroom faucet because of leeks.
- Anita Hess, Oregon

2016-07-22 2014 Heartland Sundance 3270RES View Listings

Black tank dropped in first six months. Dynamic TowMax trailer tires separated and caused extensive damage at 14 months. AC unit started spitting ice at 10 months. Overall quality below average, cabinet doors popped off, carpet staples not fully seated causing pain to anyone not wearing shoes in unit.
- John Ochs, Alabama

2016-06-12 2011 Heartland Sundance 3200RE View Listings

This has been a great RV, absolutely no problems. I would recommend purchase of Heartland products to anyone thinking of owning their own RV. You really get a quality product for a lower price than some of the other brands out there and I can personally guarantee you won't be dissatisfied with what you get. Sincerely, Proud Sundance Owner
- Ted Syres, Kansas

2016-05-07 2009 Heartland Sundance 2900MK View Listings

We bought this 5th wheel new. One of the best floorplans we had ever seen. It towes easily. With the LR slides open, there is a lot of room for entertaining. Heartland put all the utilities in the same area which makes hooking up at an RV park a snap. The day/nite shades throughout give you much needed privacy when in a crowded park. All in all, we have loved owning this coach.
- Judy Q, Utah

2015-09-21 2015 Heartland Sundance 3380RL View Listings

Because my wife is going to retire next year we decided to upgrade our RV. We picked a full day that we could go to every dealer along the Wasatch Front. We picked the 3380RL because of all the open room. What a mistake!!! We have had this unit since the end of May and had one thing after another go wrong starting with the range unit on being anchored down and sliding half way out. The list is up to 24 items, some are small while others just really make going camping kind of a pain. I take into the dealer this week and told them to keep it till it's all fixed. Sure am glad it comes with a 2 year warranty. Need to see if I can still get an extended one. I still have 7 years till I can retire and not sure if it will last that long. Pass on Sundance
- Roger , Utah

2015-08-13 2013 Heartland Sundance 3300CK View Listings

We love this model and the overall build quality of the Heartland brand. We were able to live in it comfortably all the way down to 15 degrees F! It makes a very nice home! We'd highly recommend it.
- Jonathan Tower, Michigan

2015-08-09 2010 Heartland Sundance 3200RE View Listings

This 5th wheel has been a blast. My wife and I used it for many Work-Cation while staying at Estes Park. We lived in the RV and went to work in Boulder,Co. This tows very easily with the Chevy 3500 Silverado. Going up Monarch pass, Trailridge Road, I-70 piece of cake.
- John, Colorado