Heartland Road Warrior RVs Reviews (21)

Read about the experiences consumers and owners have had with Heartland Road Warrior RVs Reviews and view their reviews and ratings on various aspects of these RVs.

Russell from Louisiana says:

Have you owned any Heartland Road Warrior RVs? Write a review

Voted Most Helpful Review 2014 Heartland Road Warrior RW 410 View Listings

It's heavy.. But thats ok.. To big for one person.. And while I'm not completely dissatisfied with it, I am more than a little disappointed with it.. Straight off the lot, the grey water tank from the kitchen area came loose. Trim falling off inside and out.. Air blows thru the windows , closed or not.. Something is happening to the floor covering, i don't know what it is but its rolling up in the middle.. Hydraulic jacks will not level. Paneling for the cabinets is starting to :wrinkle:?.. Although I haven't had electrical issues, the wiring looks like it was pieced together off the shop floor. And now, due to a hail storm in Canada, I have a busted skylight in the washroom over the shower.. Not really a big deal, EXCEPT THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT. I'm going to have to get one custom made?!?!?! This is ridiculous .. If I EVER get rid of this thing.. I will NEVER buy another Heartland product again and I will not recommend one.. I bought this unit new, I am the only person to use it, and I do my best to take care of it.. But the quality is less than poor.. And for the money that is paid for these things, it should be a priority.
- Russell, Louisiana

2019-03-12 2018 Heartland Road Warrior 427 View Listings

From the day we went to pick our "new" toy hauler up, it was/has been problems. Would not purchase from Camping World again nor would we purchase a Heartland camper. Ours was and has been a lemon - as we say "it was built on a Friday afternoon at 5:00 on a holiday weekend". Enjoy!
- Pam, North Carolina

2019-02-14 2017 Heartland Road Warrior 427RW View Listings

A little over a year owning this and so far I've had major issues with the inverter box the microwave in the refrigerator I've called and asked if there's any lemon laws but Heartland just fell on deaf ears in all this I found really dangerous design flaws could cause fires like an inverter box located within a foot from a lot of water lines the refrigerator design is for drainage is non-existent I had to put that in the products are very poorly designed engineered and manufactured and then they're asked to compare them to an $80,000 home obviously there's no comparison but I'm asking you to take it to the square foot price I'm in a 400 square-foot place that's $200 a square foot I paid for that I've got no land involved so there's no lot purchase their $200 a square foot gets a nice house build
- Robert knudson, California

2019-01-16 2014 Heartland Road Warrior 415 View Listings

This RV has been in my family for 11 years. My parents owned it first for 8, and me and my wife for the last two. Keep in mind, there have been a lot of advances in RVs in the last 11 years, so I think the question becomes having owned a Coachmen for 11 years, would I buy one now? I would not. The floor plan and interior features/amenities are four stars. This is a great unit for two people, with a large queen bed in the back, large kitchen in the front, and reasonable sized slide containing the diner-style dinette. It has central style air, 8 cubic inch fridge, pre-wired surround sound and speakers, two flat-screen mounting points, with the entertainment over dinette, and a fold-out sofa on the other side. There's plenty of closet space, and two entrances. This is a mid-level 'ultralight' - it pulls well even with a mid-sized SUV. It has great road manners, if nothing else. The place where this trailer failed is really in its construction. Around the 8th year of ownership, the floor began failing, with the decking sagging over the studs. While the rest of the unit is aluminum framing, the cage is still prone to flex, with the fiberglass cracking at the corner of the slide-out. The slide-out being not-adequately laminated, developed a large bubble in it. Finally, the linoleum cracked in several spots. Overall the decals and the paint wore fairly well over the last 11 years, and beat expectations. Typical Coachmen low points were the plumbing, which needed to be repaired in several places over the life of the trailer, including behind the toilet, and several connections to the grey tank. Another low point were the flimsy plastic wheel wells. I had a blow out which easily ripped through one, puncturing an area that actually was accessible inside the trailer (under the dinette storage). The cabinets and countertops are holding up, but the decking for the bed had to be replaced with plywood. The roof held up, with regular maintenance. On the exterior of the unit, there is decent pass through storage in the front, but no other storage. My biggest gripe is with the lack of central docking, and the sheer distance between black and grey outlets, which was not well thought out. The bang for the buck is not great. There are no exterior speakers, no outside kitchen, no power stabilizers, no power tongue jack, no aluminum steps. There is a regular awning. Generally this trailer was built to be light, and within a certain price point. It did that well, but it certainly wasn't built to last much longer than 10 years, which is why I wouldn't buy another Coachmen. Amenities and features did make sense for the price point, but construction did not line up with expectations. If you are shopping this trailer used, I wouldn't exclude it entirely. If the roof has recently been maintained, there are no bubbles/cracks in the laminated walls, this is a good sign. As well, check plumbing fittings for leaks. Check the underside of the slide which is not laminated for any weathering or water damage. Finally, check the floor for soft or sagging spots. If all of that is good, you're probably okay to buy. I will say that in terms of mechanical systems and appliances (slide, a/c, furnace, stove/oven, fridge, electrical systems, water pump, water heater) we had no failures or no issues requiring anything other than regular seasonal maintenance. The major benefit of this unit is that it can be towed with a mid-sized SUV (like an Explorer) with no issue, and still has a slide, reasonable interior space, most of the amenities of larger/heavier RVs, and sleeps 6.
- Ryan, Alberta

2018-12-17 2014 Heartland Road Warrior 415 View Listings

I have owned this RV for 5 years and loved it. The floor plan is great, very spacious, excellent storage. The pantry is amazingly huge, enough kitchen storage for all dishes, utensils, food, you name it. The bedroom works well, queen sized bed, it also has a 4 drawer dresser, washer and dryer, and good sized closet big enough to hang up plenty of clothes. There is a Onan generator that is strong enough to power the entire unit and all air conditioners. The fire place in the living room will keep you warm while your watching TV on the 50 inch HD smart TV and Sony surround sound. The RV tows like a dream, I'm sure most of that has to do with the F350 Dually I drive but the rv tows easy. It makes big turns but that's to be expected with a 44 foot rig with triple axles. I love the garage space because of its versatility. The back doors open and turn into a deck with fencing that is perfect to enjoy the outside. I would recommend this RV and model to anyone.
- Jeffrey Morris, Alabama

2018-12-15 2011 Heartland Road Warrior 405RW View Listings

Found the RV to be well built. Best rating goes to the light weight and ease of pulling. For the size of trailer I don't think the floor plan could be improved. Reason for 5 star on manufacture support comes from no reason for contacting or using them so I would rather not rate the category.
- Winston Maberry, Texas

2018-12-14 2011 Heartland Road Warrior 385RW View Listings

I reallyl love this RV! No problems with it at all. We bought 3rd hand. Love the space, the layout, the inside storage, fireplace, nice mattress on the bed. The downfalls on our 2011, is no ladder, only one outside storage, and very little kitchen counter space. Also, you have to turn the microwave off by a switch to have the fireplace on. Can be annoying, but actually not that horrible. I’d definitely buy one again.
- Nina, Nevada

2018-12-12 2011 Heartland Road Warrior 281RW View Listings

Absolutely a home away from home, love everything about it. Great layout especially for families or large groups. In excellent condition very well maintained. Clean and open area. Very roomy for a camper!
- Shonna, Iowa

Verified Owner

2018-09-14 2015 Heartland Road Warrior RW 420 View Listings

We bought the rv from [dealer] in Alvarado Texas. There customer service is bad they kept the rv for 6 weeks and did nothing to it until we arrived and started raising hell. The satellite cable TV system never worked, AC - DC converter went out on us The transfer switch that converts to the external plug system or generator went out on a camping trip we could not convert back over to the power pole. The slide out system in the master bedroom has plastic gears in the gearbox and that broke The AC vents that are in the floor are plastic and when you step on them they break They put the thermostat for the heater in the master bedroom at the front of the trailer so you have to put it on 95° to warm the living room up because it shuts off before the living room warms up The leveling system did not work and they never fixed it I had to pay [dealer] $500 they said the wiring on the system was wired backwards the left side was wired to the right and the right side was wired to the left The plumbing up under the front storage popped loose on a camping trip and I had a water restrictor on it but it still came loose and flooded underneath the storage area The water line behind the refrigerator had a hole in it and it flooded our kitchen also the waterlines that run on the outside of the trailer that go over the fender wells have a strap that holds them in place and that strap broke loose and it fell down on my wheel and rubbed a hole the water lines The indicator lights on the control panel that shows the level in your black tank and your water tank never have worked right The valve that opens and closes the black tank at the back of the RV does not work correctly so it leaks Blackwater The storage box underneath the master bed did you flip up to open is made with OSB chipboard and when I flipped it up to use it the screws broke loose out of the Pistons that hold the board up so I had to replace the board with a piece of that plywood There is no ladder for the bunkbeds at the back of the RV in the garage area The AC unit in the back bedroom drips condensation water on the bed I’ve had to pay to have that repaired because they said it was an insulated correctly There are four drainage slots on the bottom of the windows we had a rain storm come through and the wind blew the rain water through those slots all over the floor and the bed The air-conditioning units have filters on them and they are very thin fome rubber and are pieces of crap when the units run it sucks the filters up into the returns also the units do not cool the trailer enough you have to run two of them all the time to cool the room down also you cannot run all three units at one time they have it wired to where you can’t do that. The 220 plug on the outside of the RV where you plug in the external power shorted out and melted the wires because the screws weren’t tighten down on the plug and it caused the wire to arc I’ve had to replace that The 220 plug on the outside of the RV where you plug in the external power shorted out and melted the wires because the screws weren’t tighten down on the plug and it caused the wire to arc I’ve had to replace that The water transfer switch in the control panel hung up because the washers worked lose I’ve replaced that They put the sub woofer for the surroundsound system underneath by the front storage where the plumbing and wiring is and then they cut a vet beside the panel in the kitchen by the oven and put a vent cover over it so the sound will come through there and it allows a lot of heat to come up through that into the kitchen area in the summer time My gas gauge in the control panel for the external gas tank and tank for my generator went out I had to replace it We have only owned this RV for two years and have already dealt with this many problems this is the worst product on the market they have no quality control in their plant.
- Michael Hayes, Texas

2018-09-09 2016 Heartland Road Warrior RW418 View Listings

Excellent Fifth wheel!!!! Very easy to two and the automatic leveling system mades set up a breeze. Lots of room for a large group. Best part is the Huge garage . Nice not to park our toys in the kitchen!!!
- David, Nevada

2018-08-17 2017 Heartland Road Warrior 427RW View Listings

It’s suppose to be top of the line. After 13 months and out of 1 year manufacturer warranty the cable in the back tow cabin to hold the beds up needed repair the plumbing in kitchen sink needed repair, the blinds and valance in master bedroom fell the valance in tow cabin fell. I wouldn’t purchase another one. I expected more quality for this luxury model.

2018-08-05 2016 Heartland Road Warrior 415 View Listings

We like the spaciousness of this toy hauler. The flooring is attractive and easy to clean. Love all the windows and the home-size stainless fridge. The bad we’ve encountered are: not enough cabinets, kitchen sink leaking into drawers, no storage under the master bed, back deck is basically inaccessible if table is being used, requires a lot of moving of everything, table legs for couch tables are WAY too long so tables are way too high for eating at. They will need to be cut down, so we don’t use regularly. Black water tank doesn’t drain properly even though warranty work was done. We have never used the back bathroom. We’re pretty nervous about this camper holding up very long.
- Tania Earle, Maine

2018-08-04 2016 Heartland Road Warrior 420 View Listings

No bunk ladder, toilet room too small for large adult, satellite never worked, lots molding falling off. Hard to cool in the summer and hard to heat in the winter. Back deck sunk in from day one and front deck started sinking last summer. Lots of issues for such a beautiful RV. We had a lousy dealership that has made our experience worse. I bought this to eventually live in but propane to heat it is too costle
- Cindy cathers, Virginia

2018-08-04 2016 Heartland Road Warrior 420 View Listings

- Cindy cathers, Virginia

2018-05-08 2017 Heartland Road Warrior 427RW View Listings

The king bed sleeps awful. It is so low and uncomfortable. I contacted Heartland directly and spoke with their parts representative to see if there was a different mattress they could suggest I purchase. The representative was no help and offered no suggestions. This is supposed to be a luxury Rv but when you can’t sleep comfortably, it isn’t a good experience. It would have been nice if the Heartland representative could have had or solution. Perhaps a elevated foam mattress topper will help. If anyone has recommendations on a mattress please let me know.

2018-05-08 2017 Heartland Road Warrior 427RW View Listings

2017-11-03 2016 Heartland Road Warrior 420RW View Listings

We purchased this in Fall 2016, and in the year that we have had it, we have had nothing but problems. The quality of craftsmanship in this trailer is dismal. We have trim falling off, the door frames are coming apart, our sink has completely fallen down into the cabinet below, and much more. Our main issue is with the floor plan of this unit, as there is not enough kitchen counter space. That is our fault, obviously, but we could deal with that if the quality of the trailer was up to par. The trailer has been already been in the shop for 3 months, and we are still working with more repair people to fix more issues. Here is a list of issues that we have had so far: The motor for our leveling jacks broke The refrigerator broke - we still are unable to use the freezer The bedroom AC failed The sink in the kitchen has fallen Our stereo screen will not turn on The bathroom floor flexed so much that it cracked the flange on the toilet There is a mildew/mold smell coming from the underbelly. Our front awning failed and broke the arm Our main awning came off of its track I'm sure there are more, but I don't have my list in front of me at the moment. This trailer has been a headache, to say the least. We have been on the phone with Heartland constantly, and while their warranty department has been willing to help, their only option after it being in the shop for 3 months is to bring it to them in Indiana. We just don't have that luxury. We owned a 2008 Big Horn previous to this rig, and were impressed with the quality. This Road Warrior is CRAP compared to that.They cut corners and have no quality control. You never know when the next thing will fail due to improper installation, poor quality, or lack of give a crap.
- Megan, Florida

2017-11-03 2016 Heartland Road Warrior 420RW View Listings

- Megan, Florida

2017-07-03 2017 Heartland Road Warrior 427RW View Listings

I bought this fifth wheel brand new in Nov. 2017. The following are the problems we have had: 1. Gas oven did not work from day one. 2. High Point residential fridge stopped working 30 days after purchase. We went 3 weeks with no fridge and we LIVE Full Time in ours. 3. The inverter had to be replaced. 4. The kitchen sink completely fell in the hole. 6. The bracket arms for the large awning were mounted crooked and the awning would not work. 5.The screws fell out of the large awning causing it to fall apart and rip the material. 6. The trim around the door to the toy hauler completely separated from the wall-twice. 7. The gray tank cut out was left in by the manufacture which then floated over the hole blocking it from draining. Had to have the tank dropped to remove it. This is a known issue with Heartland. 8. The underbelly filled with water and we had to drain it. There is a permanent sag in the under belly. 9. Both slide outs are now separating from the floor. Screws have sheared off. 10. The outdoor trashcan door does not close flush....water flooded our kitchen through the trash door during rain storm. These are just the major issues in the 7 months we have owned it.....many other minor issue which we have fixed ourselves. We do like the lay out. Large kitchen and decor. The side patio is awesome.
- Shelby Hopkins, Florida

2017-07-03 2017 Heartland Road Warrior 427RW View Listings

- Shelby Hopkins, Florida

2017-03-29 2017 Heartland Road Warrior 427RW View Listings

We have been looking for over a year for a camper. We recently took out a loan on a camper at a different dealership only for it to be sold out from under us. Being so aggravated I was on the hunt again, that's how I found our dealership. Now mind you, I have dealt with so many different sales people from so many different dealerships by this time that I knew what I wanted and I was not going to play games anymore. I called, got a sales person, I immediately started telling him what I wanted and asking all the questions I needed to ask to find out what kind of people I would be dealing with. The sales person who got stuck with me lol and I apologize now for taking up so much of your time. He did an amazing job in not only getting me what I wanted, but he went above and beyond to make sure I was pleased. Anything I said I wanted he was going to see that I got it. He did take me into another camper, not to try to sell it to me, but to show me a specific upgrade I was wanting. I really liked what I saw and knew if I could talk my husband into it, we would be switching. The next day I was telling him to switch campers for me. I showed up unannounced to inspect it myself. They already had a technician on it. It was set up and it was gone through with a fine tooth comb, and the tech had no problem letting me do my own inspection lol. These people are truly the best I have ever worked with. The honesty I received through out all of this was worth more than anything I could have ever asked for. The time he gave me, and only me, was very impressive, not to mention his willingness to make me happy. Josh, you did an amazing job. You have my business from here on out and everyone I know who is looking for a camper, which can be many. And to the tech that serviced my camper, thank you for putting up with me and my children and taking the time to show us how things worked and for your honesty. Not one time were they pushy, trying to talk me out of what I wanted, like so many others have done. They truly listened to my heart and knew what I was needing and why I needed it. I did not walk away with the original camper I wanted, I upgraded by my choice and I am more than happy with what I got. I want to thank everyone for making this an amazing experience for us. You guys truly are THE BEST!!! Josh, Nevaeh is saying thank you so much :) Very happy kids :)
- Misty Suder, West Virginia